Tidio Reviews

Tidio

Communicator for businesses. live chat, messenger and email

4.7/5 (79 reviews)

Easily installed, attractive chat tool

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

Thankfully, this product is really well-designed and well-documented, because my interactions with customer service have been hit and miss. They are always very responsive, but don't always have helpful information as quickly as they have friendly greetings. I would still recommend this tool as an easy to use entry level chat agent service, however, because it is so beautiful, simple, and affordable.

Pros

This customer interaction tool is easily installed (Wordpress website) and is attractive and accessible. The site visitor (customer) interface is lightweight, attractive, and easily branded with colors, logos, and avatars. The end user (company chat agent) side is also easy to use, attractive, and intuitive. Multiple options are available for agents, including mobile, browser, and desktop app, which serves our flexible agent group well. Overall, I was able to get Tidio up and running, with all agents trained, in one day. The pricing is unbelievable. We have tried multiple subscription levels and now use the free version, but would return to the paid option if we had more agents.

Cons

Multisite management on this tool is not as intuitive and easy as I would prefer. Once we consolidated our sites under one domain, the issue was resolved. However, having to switch 'users' in the interface to manage multiple domains was not difficult, but did not feel seamless/optimal.

Response from Tidio

Thank you so much for your review! :)

Tanya T.

Tidio for online support

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Tidio helped us to engage with our customers and to answer their question which led to more sales.

Pros

It is easy to install and use, fast customer support helps to deal with your problems quickly. Pricing is also reasonable compared with other software.

Cons

Some features are free in different chats but paid in Tidio. Users have to enter their emails which sometimes prevents them to ask any question.

7.0/10
Daniel S.

Pretty Good, some little glitches

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Pros

I like that you can set up automations which are triggered by various events with specific conditions (for example, a user returns to the site and is on a specific page). You can set up the automation to pop up and ask a question.

I also like that I can chat with visitors from a cellphone app.

Cons

- The chat icon did have some glitches, as I noticed that when clicking on the screen near the icon, it still shows up, basically a larger area than the icon itself is a "hot area" to start chatting. This means that the visitor may be trying to exit out of a cookie notification or click something on your site and get frustrated that it just keeps opening up the chat.

In order to work around this, we've had to try our site from various phones and devices, see how things look and whether or not it gets in the way. We've had to put our chat icon on the lower left side for mobile phones as other wise when Iphone users first visit the site and they get the mandatory popup asking them to allow the use of cookies, they are not able to click the X button to get rid of the notification.

Stuart G.

Want leads - Ultimate Support Get Tidio

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

We have been a conversion by conversation company since the get-go. Tidio has been our latest secret weapon to talk and help more. Support is incredible the app is lightweight and available on desktop and mobile. We just can't fault it - don't just read this ... go get it! https://www.ckpcreative.com.au/get-tidio

Pros

Our Tidio salesperson minds the shop while we get on with running the company... if there is a question beyond our get in touch, we can then fully engage with the site visitor! Or you can have a staff member right there on hand to start that incredible customer experience journey...

Great coms = even better client experiences. Turn visitors to clients by asking all the right questions - and yes it even has BOTS waaahgt!

So, get cracking download tidio for free here -> https://www.ckpcreative.com.au/get-tidio

Cons

I can find anything to complain about it apart from not having it for the last 10 years

Response from Tidio

Wow! Thank you so much, we're really proud!

Andrew P.

It's Changed How We Connect With Our Customers

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

Pros

By making ourselves available to our customers to answer questions through Tidio has made a huge impact on our business. For the most part, we've found our site is self-explanatory to our customers. But for the people with occasional questions about particular products or services, having access to us through Tidio makes the difference between making a sale or not.
Also, being able to watch a shopper's page history (seeing where people go while on the site)is a real eyeopener. Fascinating

Cons

Not a big issue for us, but the admin panel and notification popups can be a bit clumsy to deal with. It would be helpful to see when the customer has left the site. Nevertheless, we are very happy using Tidio.

Jim P.

Website chat software

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

Very satisfied. I've been using Live Chat for years and this fits my budget better.

Pros

Tidio gets the job done. The free version is all I needed and if that changes, the paid version will add the extra benefits.

Cons

No complaints; free version does everything I need.

Faustine J.

Awesome chat tool for your website!

Reviewed on 2019/04/07

We have been using Tidio for a while now, and it's now a part of our website that we couldn't live without. Our customers / visitors love using it too!

Pros

Tidio is extremely easy to set up on your website, and it allows you to offer a chat / live customer service & support system on your website for a very reasonable fee. The front-end and back-end interfaces are both extremely well made and pleasant to use.

Cons

I don't think there is anything I dislike about Tidio.

Response from Tidio

Thank you for an amazing review!

Not very often we hear that Tidio is easy to set up - but that's what we strive for so thank you very much! Seeing so positive feedbacks puts a smile on our faces, you made our day!

Dominick P.

Looks great on the outside but features not fully completed

Reviewed on 2017/12/12

Pros

The app looks great on the outside: email, chat, Facebook messenger, integrations. But once you fully test the product you notice the many flaws.

Cons

1. When a user leaves your page and an operator responds the user will not be notified.
2. The message box is only refreshed when the page is open, so if a visitor is using multiple tabs they will not receive replies.
3. Integrations are all manual, which means. You have to reopen all conversations, open the user profile, press the preferences and send the log to the integration. Imagine doing that to your crm, sync app and maybe email list.
4. I was mainly interested in Helpscout integration, and integration to integrate Facebook messenger with the app I use to manage several email accounts. Turns out, tidio created the integration but they decided not to integrate the mailbox feature. Which means if I send a chat log to help scout it be be places in a random mailbox because their app doesn't specify the mailbox. Explain this to support but got the responds: we're not looking to change integrations.
5. Validation messages aren't accurate. Sometimes you will get the message 'Saved to integration' or 'Message send' but an error prevented this from completion. I contacted support about this and time and time again there was an excuse but its my believe that I shouldn't have gotten a succes validation message, right. Support simply didn't respond to my question.

Jonathan B.

Excellent Live Chat system!

Reviewed on 2019/03/02

We have been using it for over a year and it's been amazing ! It has helped increase our sales through direct communication with our customers. They love it, and we love it :)

Pros

We loved the design, how easy it is to use, the admin back end as well. In addition, it's very easy to set it up with a Wordpress website and our website visitors love using it to chat with us !

Cons

There isn't anything specific that I disliked about Tidio.

Response from Tidio

Thank you for an awesome review! Seeing such positive feedback really makes our day. I hope that your business benefits from our service and you enjoy using it on a daily basis.

Louie L.

One of the best decisions we've made for our business.

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

A lot of our customers have many questions when they are new to the scene as it's a high ticket product and they alos need to verify that we are trustworthy (lots of scam sites in our industry) so it's great to show that we are legit, available and transparent. It also helps them retain anonymity to ask questions that they would ordinarily be too shy to ask. Tidio customer support has been superb.

Pros

You guys are all great - always there when I need you and super helpful. The Tidio chat app has been really great for our business and capturing leads as we sleep with the auto-bot. Have enjoyed creating various automations to save us time answering FAQ's. Thanks!

Cons

Not a big deal but I would like a different icon for "visitors" and "contacts" as they look too similar at a glance - or if they were not side by side perhaps it would be better....I'm always accidentally clicking on the wrong one.

Response from Tidio

Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our application! Visitors and Contacts icons got changed recently, thanks to you and other customers that posted similar feedback :)

Piotr S.

Powerful for livechat and automated bots!

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Real time communication with this tool is super easy.
I can observe users present on my website in real time - I see their location and what they browse. I can start conversation with them offering what they actually need.
Bot for collecting leads are super powerful - easy to build conversation flow so the user thinks he talks with a real person :) - great for automation.

Pros

Price
Features (live chat, bots, real time website user presence)
Developing quickly and introducing new features
Lightweight
Easy to implement

Cons

Mobile app for Android needs some improvements to match the web interface functionality.

useful Live chat option for your website

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Pros

Easy to use chat plugin. Integration with our WordPress website was seamless. Carried out live chats and also "had" the option of letting users send a message when offline (We moved away from Tidio when this offline chat was taken away)

Cons

Not too many that we could think of. Had most of the features that we needed. But since having the offline chat was of high importance to us, we decided to move away from Tidio.

Excellent implementation, very responsive and immediate updates

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Pros

If you are offline, as soon as you go back online the chat icon appears on the user's page without them even having to refresh the page. This is a feature that is not available in some other live chat apps that works flawlessly. The mobile app is excellent as well, and chats are perfect.

Cons

The desktop web-app is a bit clunky in navigation, and the free version is extremely limited with only one operator available and one active chat at a time for that operator. Other live chat solutions offer more for less money than Tidio, but Tidio is a flawless execution, so it may be worth the money for some.

Response from Tidio

We have 3 operators in the basic version and unlimited chats! :) Can you not add the other two?

Amazing value and super simple

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/02/07

Providing online visitors another communication option that gives them a more consistent user experience while using just one dedicated person.

Pros

How simple it is to setup and use for the amount of well-designed features it has. The biggest problem I have encountered with live chat in the past on other platforms is providing a consistent experience. Tidio solves that by allowing you to create chatbots and to make the chat completely disappear, if you want, when no agents are available. This fit our use case very well. There are many canned automations that can be setup in minutes, and the pricing is very reasonable (1 user is free). It comes with a trial to test out the full platform, and the paid plans are extremely competitive if you evaluate other live chat software. It's well designed and feature-rich out of the box, and easier to customize than any other one I've used. There's a desktop version so that you can stay on top of conversations, get notifications, and you can even see what the visitor to your site is typing in real-time. I really think it would be hard to do it much better in this price range.

Cons

I don't think I have a single complaint about Tidio so far.

Response from Tidio

Thank you so much for your amazing review. We're really proud!

Kevin W.

Good entry level chat system

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Pros

Allows you to jump in to providing customer chat easily. Integrates with Facebook Messenger too so I don't have to go there to check and respond to messages separately from my customer service chats.

Cons

They used to show me the URL of the page that the user was on but now that's a paid upgrade which is unfortunate. Admin interface can be buggy,

Crystal I.

Start Taking Chats Right Away

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

We found Tidio Chat after our current live chat software got buggy. Tidio chat was super easy to install with a Wordpress plugin, we were able to start taking chats right away. There is a lot of design functionality available, you can change it to match your brand, etc. The one thing we didn't like was that users had to enter their email address to chat with you. We found that deterred people from initiating a conversation. Eventually, we ended up going back to our original live chat software, but if we ever need to switch to another one, Tidio is top of our list.

Pros

VERY easy to set up. Start taking chats right away.
Fully customizable. You can even set up a separate page on your website for your live chat to live.

Cons

Users have to enter email address to initiate chat.

Response from Tidio

Hi there,

Thank you for your review, please keep in mind that you can turn off the pre-chat survey (the one asking for email) with a one click.

I'll be happy to help you set it up on your account.

Tracey G.

Great modern chat function to any website

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

Quite pleasant! Makes our site look very professional and keeps us very engaged and efficient.

Pros

I first started using this app on our wix site and love the sleek modern look of the chat box. It was super easy to setup both welcome responses and away responses. One feature I loved that other chat platforms lack is the Do not disturb feature that mutes ALL messages sent, bc honestly for small businesses like us, we do sleep ;o) and enjoy a day off here and there.

Cons

The one small thing that I would like to be able to do is set an avatar for the standard chat, and then assign an avatar for the agents that changes once they join the chat. It may be able to do that, but if so I haven't been able to figure that out.

Response from Tidio

Thank you so much for your honest review! We'll be working on adding a picture to the automatic messages / standard chat.

Shannon M.

Tidio for chats

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

Pros

I can chat with customers on my website when they need help. Sends me monthly reports of all chats.

Cons

Wish there was a way to alert me when there is a visitor on my website so I can initiate the chat or just automatically send a chat every time someone arrives to the website.

Response from Tidio

Hi there, thank you for honest and awesome review!
You can get an alert when a visitor is on your website with The Communicator plan active !
If you wish to know more about it, do let me know :)

Payam K.

Feedback

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/04/10

1)Persian font is now Tahoma font that can be more beautiful.(Persian font in Crisp chat is beautiful and better than u )
2)This program does not support RTL . Other web chat online have the option to choose RTL in Setting
3)There is not custom reports, and the reports section do not provide detailed information on the success of the scenarios Automation + Bots(For example, in every scenario, how many visitors have started the chat )
4)If I want to create a new Automation + Bots similar to the previous one, I have to re-create it,there is no way to make a copy,paste,
5) The number of online visitors is not shown on mobile app.
6) short Code are not available for defining messages in the mobile app.

Pros

Working with this app is simple and I've gotten in touch with him very well
Good support
A professional team to improve the program

Cons

This program does not support RTL
I expect a more beautiful font to be used

Response from Tidio

Hi there! Thank you for an amazing feedback and pretty nice rating overall!

I will make sure to forward it to our product team, so they can use it - it's very valuable for us - thank you for that very much!

Bill T.

Really nice website chat plugin!

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

I've been using Tidio for about a month now, and am very pleased with its capability. I'm a one-man shop and it works perfectly for my needs, but it appears as though it will scale up nicely as (hopefully) our business grows. I've been using chats with Consumer sites for a long time. I'm hoping that using Tidio for our Professional Services (consulting) firm - will set us apart, and make us more approachable.

Pros

It was super easy to install and setup. The customization options are easy to work with. And it seems easy for the users to engage with us.

Cons

The UI is a little confusing - the icons in the dashboard are difficult to see (too dark against a black background). Some of the functions didn't seem logically placed (eg where you manage users, how you change the look-and-feel options)

Response from Tidio

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review, Bill. Best of luck with scaling up!

Sarah D.

Great for customer communication

Reviewed on 2018/11/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We have been using Tidio Chat on our website. it has been a great tool to speak with customers and answer any question they have rather than them calling us. The app for your phone is great too because I can answer customer questions outside of work hours.

Cons

It can be difficult to get into another users conversation if needed to but that would be the only con.

Jonathan K.

Perfect for getting started with customer chat

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

Pros

Very easy to set up and integrate with your website. We've seen an increase in sales due to this channel. Customer support is great.

Cons

Doesn't have all the bells and whistles that other tools offer

Bridget B.

Can't believe how great this is for zero cost.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

I know there are different levels and you can pay more for more options, but the free version works very well for our small e-commerce site. It makes it look like we're more than a mom and pop shop, but it's easy for us to use!

Cons

I sometimes have issues with the mobile app keeping me logged in and I have missed messages in the past. I can't verify that this is a problem with their software, or my phone, though.

Response from Tidio

Thank you for your review! We hope Tidio will benefit your business. :) Can you reach out to us on our live chat so we can help you with the mobile notifications?

Brandon L.

Tidio is wonderful!

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

Instant communication and even automated messages with customers. A direct chat box on our website which is inviting and easy to find for any questions.

Pros

Incredibly easy to setup and integrate with Shopify. This program has been instrumental in using it only a few weeks, it helps us easily answer and automate customer questions and gives them an instant chat window on our website for instant access. This has already removed the barrier of communication with our clients that can answer questions, and we can manage in the Tidio desktop app!

Cons

Nothing bad to say at all right now. This software is great and already showing it's worth to us! May have other feedback later, but for now, it's great!

Steve D.

Tip of the Hat to Tidio!

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/02/12

We have a small staff and we're a non-profit. So, affordability is important and we're not able to man the live chat all the time. What is interesting is that we get inquiries and leads just as much when we are not online as when we are. We see Tidio as a tool to keep us in touch with both customers and prospects, around the clock - even when we're not around the clock!

Pros

Easy to use, fast customer service when we have an issue. By the way, the only issues we ever have are self-inflicted!

Cons

Could use a few more options on how the chat box displays visually.