Duo Security

User identity verification & device vulnerability discovery

Cleydson L.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Works well the best I've ever downloaded

Reviewed on 2021/03/19

Duo is a product that gives me peace of mind, I am sure because I know that I am the only one who can access my personal data through login or websites.

Pros

In fact, Duo Security, give me a lot of security to work the only one who can access my base without restrictions and without any kind of problems, and a wonderful product, I like using it more, very good to know that I can count on you this software for any type of safe and effective work.

Cons

It could be more practical, I didn't need to confirm every time you enter a Sait, so it gets a little tiring and a little difficult for those who are beginners. The Duo could improve in the following way, not asking for a reminder every time you log in to your device. "Remember" a device, so that personal work is not so exhausting

Jared M.

Duo Security User Review

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

Duo security helps me keep my information secure and safe by creating a simple and user-friendly two device authentication process for accessing information.

Pros

My favorite part about the software is its ability to connect with my apple watch so that I can quickly approve login requests and access confidential personal information. The two-factor authentication process keeps me at ease about this information remaining secure.

Cons

My least favorite thing about Duo is that sometimes there is a delay on the push notification being sent to my phone. I occasionally experience some lag time and wish I could authorize my account faster.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Much better than other MFA apps

Reviewed on 2021/03/11

Overall Duo integrates well with different platforms like Windows, MacOS and linux. Additional capabilities of push notification in mobile app eases the work to authenticate

Pros

Push based authentication makes it much simpler to authenticate. Additional features like call/text when mobile internet is unavailable is highly recommended

Cons

Initial setup takes time. Also, the process to register a new device is time consuming. For travellers who travel globally, call based authentication might not be best everytime

John B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Two-factor authentication that just works!

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Our organization has been using Duo Security two-factor authentication for years. The entire solution is incredibly reliable. The mobile app works great and is very easy to use. End-users can quickly and easily enroll their own devices via a self-service portal. This is very convenient whenever you get a new phone. Approval notifications can also be sent via phone, text or push. Push notifications are also supported on the Apple Watch. Although it's rarely needed, online support documentation is very robust. The best thing about Duo Security is...it just works, every time.

Pros

- User-friendly self-service portal for new device enrollment and management
- New account setup is easily done via scanning a QR code
- Multiple options for approval codes or notifications including phone, text or push (includes Apple Watch)
- Push notifications can be approved directly from the iOS lock screen
- Approval is also compatible with Face ID on iOS devices
- One-time bypass codes can be used for lost devices or temporary access
- Support for Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) security tokens
- Great online support and documentation library
- Flexible subscription plans with affordable pricing

Cons

When using an outdated version of the app, iOS push notifications just stop working without any error message or notification

Jane G.

Best thing I ever did for securing my website

Reviewed on 2016/10/14

Ever since I've started using DuoSecurity to access my website admin interface, I haven't had any breaches in security and I feel safer knowing that hackers can't access my website easily.

I've been using DuoSecurity for several years now and offer it as part of my Security Packages when I launch a client's website, because it's a quick setup and for ease of mind.

I use an app on my iPhone that sends me a notification when I go to log in to my site, allowing me to "Approve" or "Disapprove" access to the site's admin interface easily. I also use it to access other accounts online that allow for a Code to be entered, giving me that piece of mind that my personal information is secure.

Highly recommended!

Pros

Security Features, Ease of Use, Apps

Cons

Their website is not easy to use because there are so many features available, which might be overwhelming to someone not familiar with it

1-click for Two-Factor Authentification

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Pros

I have been an end user of Duo Security for the last 2 years, and I think that this is the best software for 2-factor authentification. The Duo App has a simply designed platform. When we sign into the website that requires authentification, we can just type a passcode provided by Duo App on the website or click an authentification request given by Duo App. Yes, it is that easy with Duo.

Cons

Setting up the Duo from the scratch can be challenging to some people who are not familiar with two-factor authentification. It is important for organizations or companies to provide a step-by-step installation procedure to users before they start using Duo as their sole authentification method.

Tara R.

DUO for Work and Students

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

It is very easy to use. I have not had any issues using it or getting connected.

Pros

Working in Higher Ed and files and documents for the students needs to be secure. I appreciate the ease and use of DUO. Having dual authentication to log into email and software gives me the assurance that it will not be easy for someone to pick up a phone to access personal files, but has to have access to another device to authenticate the login.

Cons

Everytime I log into my email, I have to wait for the pop up to authenticate the DUO screen to access my mail. Sometimes my phone is not near me and I have to stop what I am doing to log in to the email or other campus software.

Forrest H.

Simple and Fast Two-factor Authentication

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Some of the websites I use require two-factor authentication to add security. DUO is the fastest and easiest way for users to authenticate.

Pros

While some users find two-factor authentication tedious, DUO makes the process extremely fast. The phone app seamlessly syncs with any website requiring two-factor authentication. It combines a high level of security with ease and speed that I was looking for in a two-factor security system.

Cons

There are some websites that when accessed through a mobile device, are unable to fully load the DUO push notification request page and disallow the website's access sometimes. This may be the responsibility of the website, but since the DUO page will sometimes not load, it prohibits the use of certain websites that require two-factor authentication when on a mobile device.

Easy to use MF authentication

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

I have used Duo Authentication at two institutions now as a two-factor authentication means. It is very easy to use and even less tech-savvy coworkers find it easy and straight forward to use.

Pros

Once Duo is set up, it's super easy to use, whether responding to a push notification or generating a one-time use password.

Cons

When attempting to change preferences in a browser to allow it to retain your login status, you must cancel an initial automatic push from the authentication screen in a browser, check a "remember me" box, then wait some time before attempting another push. This is a security measure, but a minor annoyance when trying to quickly make a change and move on.

Lyle K.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2021/03/03

Works great once setup and configured. Easy to approve login when setup

Pros

Solves our need for 2FA for our online platform
We could enable it for Office 365 which in turn protects our other products as they authenticate against Office 365
Works for OWA in Exchange as well
Mobile Push app for easy approval

Cons

It needs to get rid of using PAP for authentication, this causes issues for VPN integration for our firewalls with not being able to use IKEv2. PAP is also not a secure protocal

Collin B.
  • Industry: Fine Art

Pretty good and unobtrusive multi factor authenticator

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Other than the Con described above, it's about as easy as any two-factor authenticator I have used.

Pros

It's normally pretty fast to authenticate. Authentication requests come to the mobile app within seconds and it only takes a few taps to do.

Cons

I have repeatedly enabled cookies on my web browser so it will remember the authentication for 30 days, but it never does and continues to tell me that I need to enable cookies for it to remember. This means that I have to re-authenticate every day.

Terran G.
  • Industry: Research

Easy and seamless security

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

Since two step authentication is required in a lot of aspects, this is a nice and simple way to do it.

Pros

I like how small the program is and how seamless it plays in my day to day login. The reaction time is quick and I can login knowing I am secure.

Cons

Sometimes it can be annoying when you phone is not around and you are trying to login into something. But I guess there's no getting around that with two step authentication.

Easy Two Factor Authentication

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Overall the software is easy to use and allows the two sep security factor.

Pros

While I didn't have a hand in setting up the software, I have to use it everyday to access my email for work. It is easy to send calls or texts to my phone to allow me to log in.

Cons

I am not sure why but the push authentication feature does not work on my work phone. It would be easier to use that feature than getting a call or text.

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Two factor authentication made easy

Reviewed on 2018/11/18

Pros

Simple, easy to use software for two factor authentication, you can use the app, get a phone call, or get sent a list of access codes through text, making your account more secure from hacking.

Cons

The program is really easy to use to with a simple push of a button on your phone, but if you don't have your phone there is no way to get through the Duo security, a computer app is needed.

Brice P.
  • Industry: Higher Education

A good option for a necessary piece of software

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Pros

My organization uses Duo as a security backup on all of our sensitive data repositories (financial/HR, student data, etc). I have Duo mobile set up on my phone, and like how I can have it send me a push notification. It takes only a few seconds to go through the entire process.

Cons

It can be a pain having to continually re-verify your log-in, and every once in a while it seems to lag a bit (network slowdown or something). For some orgs, it's just a matter of which authentication product you'll use, though, and this a decent choice.

Lindsey S.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Duo keeps sensitive information safe

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Duo is easy to use, effective, and keeps all the information safe

Pros

We use Duo as two-factor authentication for our human resources portal. It helps ensure that the sensitive information is protected, and that only members of our organization can access it

Cons

None! Amazing, easy to use, the app is simple, great customer service- no complaints at all. It works perfectly

Pete S.

Best option for website security, would definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Pros

We go to Duo after Clef closed shop - Clef was ridiculously easy to use. After trying three other options (dismal failures) we hit on Duo and it has been perfect since. It works fast every time and has good supporting documentation available online. Authentication options are all good and they are all fast, pretty much instantaneous. Duo is well worth it for the peace of mind knowing the website has this layer of security in place.

Cons

Some difficulty getting re-set when I upgraded my phone; followed the simple instructions and had to do it all over a couple of times before it finally "took". Could have just been me, I wouldn't consider this as a real con, more likely user error.

Vera G.

added security with 2 factor authentication

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

great sense of added security - easy to setup and maintain

Pros

Very easy to use and setup on smart phone. We use it to authenticate to all applications we use. Give another level of security

Cons

with any other dual authentication - loss of a cell phone or smart device leaves you unable to login without having someone put your login credentials in bypass mode.

Caleb W.
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Excellent quality and easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

Great experience overall. I don't have any major complaints. Some software really is just plain easy to use.

Pros

Duo is easy to use. Setup was effortless. The graphical interface is simple and streamlined, providing all the functionality I need without overhead. Finally, the push notification functionality makes 2-factor auth super quick -- no need to even open the app.

I like the DUO branding. Their website is well-designed and has a lot of information. Also, the "behind-the-scenes" aspect of their security algorithms and infrastructure sounds pretty high quality (though I am not an expert).

Cons

I don't have any complaints related to the user experience. Well, a very minor one is the fact that one of the entries in my app just says "third-party"; I don't remember what this was for and don't see where in the app to find out.

Abdulkadir A.

A need for security

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

The fact that there is a two-factor authentication security requirement for access to applications increases the appeal of using this program. I think that this program should be used strongly to prevent data from being easily acquired in digital environments.

Pros

The secure storage of data for people who work in the digital environment and help to create two-factor authentication security processes for access to them allow people to feel the ultimate in security.

Cons

Longer recognition of secure codes for access to systems

Prathibha C.

usage

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Its easy to use so far. All our applications use DUO for additional security

Pros

Adds additional security layer for all your applications . You can authenticate using an app on your phone from anywhere.

Cons

You have to register and setup the device every time you get a new device, even though you have the same number

Lindsay B.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

makes working from home easy

Reviewed on 2020/07/29

Overall I'm very pleased. I never planned to be working from home for so long (like many others out there!) But this has just really made things easy and secure for me and others on my team.

Pros

Since working from home during COVID-19, this software has made it super easy to log into my company's VPN and have a protective firewall. All it takes is a simple tap on the app on my phone to approve the login from my laptop. I really just love how quick and easy and protective it is.

Cons

I have yet to find anything negative. The mobile app version even alerts me when my phone is due for a software update!

Joseph R.

Duo Security makes 2-Step a Breeze

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Pros

With the app, I don't have to copy-paste on my phone or read my phone to type into my computer. I just press the button to allow access. Two step authentication without much hassle.

Cons

Set up at first can be tricky, but once it's done you don't have to worry about that.

Taylor H.

Duo Security Review

Reviewed on 2020/07/17

I appreciate this program for allowing me to work remotely when needed, access my email, and scheduling tools.

Pros

This program allows me to access my work email and professional programs at home. It ensures our security to enter the corporate websites remotely.

Cons

I change cell phones and at this point it won't allow me to confirm my identity with a push notification any more, it requires calling my phone number.

Danieal J.

DUO Security

Reviewed on 2019/12/23

Its the easiest but most effective additional security from people accessing your VPN. Easy verification process.

Pros

Can be highly trusted! Improves security ricks by 100%. Provides 3 different methods of verifying information. Duo security has a mobile app.

Cons

Sometimes, it times out to fast or freezes before you are able to verify connection. Phone authorization takes longer when verification is needed.