Text In Church

The trusted text & email software to help your church thrive

Deb S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Incredibly Frustrating!!!!!

Reviewed on 2018/06/15

Pros

we like the ability to text members. While beneficial, its not if we have to pay double the price

Cons

For us, their support is poorly lacking. Back in February, they double billed our credit cards for an annual fee, and now, 4 months later, after a dozen emails, and even more calls to our bank, this company tells me it may take another month before they can figure out how to issue us a credit for hundreds of dollars. My bank today called them an untrustworthy vendor.
I've had it with this company!! Buyer Beware!!

Response from Text In Church

Hi Deb,

Thanks for the honest review.

I'm really sorry for your frustrating experience.

This was a very unusual circumstance though. Rather than requesting a refund you marked the charge as fraudulent. This initiated a review by your bank and your payment was immediately withdrawn from our account. Unfortunately, we were not able to refund your charge until your bank completed it's review.

Once the review as completed in our favor your bank returned the funds to Text In Church and we issued your refund within 3 hours.

Again, I'm so sorry this was so frustrating.

I know we were in contact throughout this whole process, but I'm really sorry I wasn't able to get any details about the process from your bank.

This should have been a really simple refund. I am so sorry the review process was so frustrating.

Grace and peace,
~ Tyler Smith, Co-founder

Patti W.

GAME CHANGER!

Reviewed on 2021/01/28

IT's a Game Changer! It's been a wonderful tool that I am expanding every day. It makes my job so much easier! Would HIGHLY recommend it!

Pros

Automated workflows, ability to text or send and email, ability to personalize it.
I love that it integrates with the main database I use for our church.
I love that I can schedule things things to go out and not have to worry about it again.
I love that I can communicate with groups of people but there is individual and personal interaction.
I love that you can see who opted out of further messages and am able to update my main database.
Customer service and articles are amazing!

Cons

Just a few things I would change....the ability snooze a person within a group when they aren't available that month but may be in the future.
I would like to be able to print a report of people that opt out of texts so that I can update my main database.
I would like to set a sync time.
I would like separate inboxes for different phone numbers. Right now, everything goes to the same inbox

Bobette T.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Still in implementation mode, but

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Pros

So far, I've found TIC incredibly easy to use. When I do have questions, they have a great knowledge base, videos, and their customer support is amazing. We are very excited to roll this out!

Cons

I don't know yet. We haven't fully implemented, but so far, so good.

Response from Text In Church

Thanks for the great review Bobette!

Patricia K.

Text in Church

Reviewed on 2021/03/20

This has been a positive relationship. Customer support is fantastic!

Pros

Customer support is incredible. Enthusiasm of support team is contagious.

Cons

It took me awhile to find my way around the program.

Elijah R.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great Application for Church, Organizations, etc.

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

Text in church has helped us to remain in contact with new visitors, our congregation, leadership, other church groups. Their service is impeccable and they really care about their customers.

Pros

The workflow is one of their greatest features. Once the workflow is setup you do not have to continue to setup up messages, it's automatically done for you.

Cons

To be honest, I do not have anything negative to say or like the least.

Response from Text In Church

Wow! Thank you so much for the kind words and amazing review, Elijah. We are thrilled to hear about your experience with Text In Church. We will keep improving our system and I hope we continue to earn the perfect 10/10 rating you gave us.

Charles S.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

A simple relevant answer to GROWTH!

Reviewed on 2019/10/12

Text in Church is the answer to so many How questions. How do re raise our retention rate? How do we close the back door to our organization? How do we value people; and so many more...The answer is Text in Church.

Pros

I love the Text in church system! I like this system for so many reasons some including it's ease of use and it's ability to help us automate our assimilation system. The workflows help us keep in touch with our guests and members while at the same time creating an authentic sense of community amongst our spiritual family. I have learned that Culture is by Default of Design and text in church helps you design your culture rather than the alternative of what it would default to.

Cons

I would love the ability to know the average amount of text that we send out a month. Knowing that information would allow us to measure it and utilize our resources best or know when we are not using it the best.

Response from Text In Church

Charles, thanks for the awesome review!

Jessica H.

Must Have!

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

It’s been fun to understand. Worth having and very useful to our ministry.

Pros

The software has a very clean and professional look. Defiantly proud of using it. Very helpful in communicate with the body of Christ.

Cons

What I least liked about it, is that I can’t set a specific date and time for my emails or text messages to be sent for individuals already in the system for automatic responses at a certain time frame.

Response from Text In Church

Thanks, Jessica!

I really appreciate the review.

Please reach out to our support team with specifics about your issue with sending at a specific date and time. You should be able to do that. We'd love to help get that straightened out for you.

Barry E.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Best texting system for followup

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

I truly have been completely satisfied with the overall experience of Text In Church with its features to do automated follow up and be connected with people systematically.

Pros

The features of automation texting and campaigning.

Cons

The desktop view is a little difficult to maneuver around.

Response from Text In Church

Thanks for the excellent review, Barry!

You'll be excited to know we are working on a brand new UI that will greatly improve your experience.

Jill C.

Text In Church Has Added Value to Our Church Discipleship Program

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Communicating through text messaging and how to effectively followup with guest was our major issue. Text In Church has solved both issues.

Pros

The program provides a means for us to communicate with our members through texting. That was my main focus as I researched such programs however, I was sold when I learned of its guest followup features.

Cons

There is a learning curve to understanding how to maneuver all the features unique to the programs design, this been my only concern.

Response from Text In Church

Hi Jill - Thanks for the awesome review!

Aaron B.

Text-in-Church review

Reviewed on 2019/11/11

It was okay. I couldn't justify the value for the price.

Pros

The opportunity to follow-up with people through text is great!

Cons

Expensive for churches starting out. Needs a better intro package.

Response from Text In Church

Hi Aaron!

Are you a church plant? We were actually born out of a church plant and offer 6 months completely free to all church plants.

Reach out to our member success team and we'll be happy to get you set up. They can be reached at [email protected]

Nicholas H.

Better than the rest

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Pros

I tried other church texting platforms but Text In Church is more polished and simply works. I have only been using it for a week and already new guests are getting engaged. I have collected more contact info from guests in a week than I did last year!

Cons

I wish that we could use our church land line number as the texting source (Like Pastorsline)

Response from Text In Church

Thanks for the great review! Nicholas, you can use your church landline. Just reach out to our support team and we'll be happy to set that up for you.

Katie K.

Great value and product!

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Pros

I like the ease of use of the product, along with the various ways you can customize it. We use this product mainly for the texting component, but will occasionally send emails with it. I also appreciated how they continually are making the product better, there are new features added regularly!

Cons

If you had asked a couple of weeks ago, I would have said a con is that you can only send to one group at a time, but they recently changed that!

Response from Text In Church

Katie, thanks for the amazing review!

Al E.

Raving fan

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

Pros

Powerful and easy to use to connect with others and send a reminder to my team.

Cons

None! It is one of the best decisions we made.

William S.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Excellent tool

Reviewed on 2020/08/23

It allowed a simple way to send out automated texts and communicate with donors - much better than email in terms of reactions...

Pros

It allowed an efficient way to communicate with many people when set up. It's simple and intuitive, once set up saves a lot of time.

Cons

Actually not many negatives, it took a little effort to set up and integrate. We never used the advanced features, unfortunately I couldn't get the project budget approved. If I had... I would!

Response from Text In Church

Thanks for the review William.

Travis M.

Great software for churches who love technology.

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

This software is amazing for newcomers and first time visitors of a church. You can have them text a number and get immediate responses.

Cons

The price was the only draw back for our smaller church. The tools and customer service was great, we just couldn't afford it.

Response from Text In Church

Travis! Thanks for the great review.

Karen M.

Some functions are easy to use others not.

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

We have been using TEXT IN Church for over a year; we have not mastered the full use of the program but do feel it is a benefit and would be even more so if we would take the time to fully sit down and take advantage of all the trainings, technical support, etc.

One aspect of the program I find difficult to do is to attach an image or document to send with either a text or email message.

Overall it is a fine program but to be honest, it takes more effort than we've invested to fully get the benefit out of the program.

Response from Text In Church

Hi Karen,

Feel free to reach out to our support team. We're always happy to help!

Tom T.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Just started but seems to be working out perfectly

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

We have an older congregation who doesn't use a lot of mobile social media so it makes it easy for us to stay in touch with them.

Pros

It has the features that we need. It integrates with our Church Management Software. The training that the give with it is awesome!

Cons

They give you a local number to text from instead of those 6 digit ones, but I would really like it if I could put my phone number in to text from. Other than that I'm pretty happy.

Response from Text In Church

Hi Tom! Thanks for the review.

If you'll contact our support team we can text enable your church's phone number. We'd be happy to help you get that setup.
~ Tyler

Duaine J.

Text In Church is the Go to App for Church Follow Up!

Reviewed on 2016/04/07

We've been using Text In Church for a little less than a year now and I can't see us using another platform. Both our team and church absolutely love it. The functionality is excellent, easy to use, and cutting edge. Oh and their customer service and support is terrific. Whether you're in the market for a better follow up system, a new relationship management system, or just searching out of curiosity I HIGHLY Recommend Text In Church. If it's not at the top of your list it's more than likely because you haven't experienced it yet. Give it a try...you'll be so glad you did.

Bruce C.

Text in church has been very helpful for us to communicate to our church

Reviewed on 2016/04/29

pro- communicate to lots of people with little invested time.
con- We are not able to use mobile devices to send and receive communication
con- can not send individual text only responces

Response from Text In Church

Thanks for the review Bruce!

Our development team is working on a new feature that will allow you to send texts to both individuals and groups. You'll see this update in your app in the coming weeks.

Keith K.

Great Communication Tool!

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

This has greatly enhanced the communications and connectivity of our church. We love it. You will too!

Pros

ease of use

Cons

cost

some parts are easy

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

Overall I like the product and I will continue to use it for now.

Pros

The initial set up was great and I started using it right away.

Cons

I am having a hard time putting in new uses because the timing has me a little confused. We also have tried the plan my visit on our website but so far no one has used it.

Response from Text In Church

Thanks for the review!

If you'd like some additional training we'd love to help. Reach out to our team anytime.

Ashley R.

Great platform. Easy to use and versitial

Reviewed on 2016/04/08

I really like the platform and the versatility of what can be done. I really like that it goes on auto pilot for you. It has really relieved a lot of our follow up stress. I do wish that once a message is read that it would show as read. The dashboard keeps telling me a message needs to be read until I reply to it. Some messages don't warrant a reply.

Ben F.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Organize all your communication into one place

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Pros

Having the ability to manage all communication in one place is super useful and ideal for those who hate having to switch to different things all the time.

Cons

Would like the cost to not a little lower but you get what you pay for. There's a little bit of a learning curve but nothing that support can't help you with.

Response from Text In Church

Thanks for the review Ben! Let me know if there is anything we can improve to earn that fifth star :)

Thanks!
~ Tyler

Text In Church
Co-founder

Phil H.

Very Effective Follow-up System

Reviewed on 2016/04/27

We've been using Text In Church for 7 months and are very happy with the results. The automated follow-up system is excellent, but it is complimented by a number of great ideas for introducing yourself and your church to visitors. I find great value in the training videos and in the ideas on how to contact and connect with guests.

Minister L.

Not enough text messages for the smallest package.

Reviewed on 2016/05/10

I wish there was a way that I could pay for more of what I need and use more of opposed to paying for what I don't use as much. We are a small but growing church, and its quicker and easier to send text messages rather then emails. Once you run out of text messages...that's it. Not enough text messages for the smallest package.