ABC Trainerize Reviews

ABC Trainerize

Personal training software for fit pros and gyms

David
David

Excellent option for your trainee managing needs

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

Traiberize has allowed me to keep my trainees information, plans and schedule organized, reviewing and planning their progress and keeping all their information available noth for them and for me is easy and simple.

Pros

Practical, reliable, intuitive.
It allows to keep all my trainees, plans and workouts stored and ready to access and use with ease.

Cons

It can be slow to process input on some devices.

Response from ABC Fitness

Hi David!

Wow - That's amazing!

Thank you for taking the time to review us and provide feedback!

We love that you like the ease of navigating with the app.

Stay tuned for even more exciting updates and new features :)

Jameson
  • Used for 1+ year

Does more than most fitness apps

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

The great thing about Trainerize is that you can add your own exercise videos from your YouTube account very easily, which negates the worst aspect of Trainerize -- it's exercise selection.

Pros

The ability to schedule messages, workouts, check ins, and progress photos is easy and intuitive.

Cons

The built-in exercise options are lacking, and some of them are just unsafe exercises altogether.

PT Distinction, TrueCoach, TrainHeroic and My PT Hub

Reasons for Choosing ABC Trainerize

Trainerize automates nearly all the things I do as a coach. Once I set things up, it's super easy to focus on coaching my clients.

Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to ABC Trainerize

Trainerize does everything average or above average. The rest of the competition does some things better, but doesn't do it all.

Response from ABC Fitness

Hi Jameson!

Thanks for reaching out,

We're glad that you have enjoyed Trainerize so far!

You can also send us suggestions on how the built-in exercise feature should look like: https://ideas.trainerize.com/forums

Stay tuned for more exciting updates!

Best,

Frank

So Much Potential, Misses the Mark

Reviewed on 2017/03/14

I've tried 6 or 7 of the most popular personal training apps and decided to go with Trainerize. It's best at creating workouts quickly and easily, and has excellent client monitoring features.

Unfortunately, there are still a lot of bugs. There is nothing worse than logging a whole workout during a session with a client, and then the app won't save it - losing everything. It has essentially forced me back to pen and paper.
The integrations with fitbit and myfitnesspal sound impressive, but they don't import activity data. Makes no sense. If you can sync some of the data, why not sync the MOST IMPORTANT data? I have people tracking their activity with fitbit or with other apps - but now they have to enter it one more time into Trainerize.

Customer service is frustratingly slow, it takes three days to get a response - even when you purchase an annual plan that promises "priority support" and a "dedicated customer service manager." The response will always be, "our team will consider it." Then nothing.

If you want an app improvement, there has to be enough votes collected by the Trainerize community (which most users probably never take the time to visit) to work on it, even if the development team is fully aware of it and knows it makes sense.

They remove features without warning. Before, when you created exercises for the app, you could link to a youtube video OR use photos. In many cases, it made more sense to use a photo (stretches/simple exercises). After taking weeks to create, edit and upload all these photos for my exercise database, they removed the feature and lowered the quality of my photos so much that all the user could see was a pixelated mess. Their response was essentially "Too bad, so sad."

Without these (and some other) problems, this app would be unbelievable! But with it's continued crashes, it loses it's usefulness and can be more problems than it's worth. Might be fine if you're only using it for online training.

Recommendation: It's still probably the best app, but I will revisit the others. DEFINITELY, don't sign up for a year - go monthly for a while and see how it works for you.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to create workouts (and great flexibility to adjust workouts on the fly), many automated features, excellent client monitoring (including a new push notifications system).

Cons

Crashes, losing data, won't sync what counts, requires client to have internet connection, poor communication from customer service that responds to, but does not solve, problems.

Response from ABC Fitness

Hey Frank!

Thank you for taking the time to review us and provide feedback! We are sorry we weren't able to get back to you sooner, we recently realized we were able to reply to reviews on Capterra and are now trying to get back to everyone.

We are so happy you find creating workouts in Trainerize easy! In regards to the crashes, we are in the process of releasing a brand new version of the app (we invested over a year in rebuilding it from the ground up) that is going to improve the performance and overall stability of the app! If you would like beta access to try it out please email us at [email protected] and we would be happy to give you access!

In regards to MyFitnessPal, we can only sync the data they send us. We are working on improving our integration with them to hopefully include more data soon.

Thank you for your patience while we work to grow and improve Trainerize.

- Team Trainerize

Karla

The good and the bad.

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

It is decent but always keeping my eye open for someone that offers the features I mentioned which are key.

Pros

It was somewhat easy to navigate and had good customer service.

Cons

NO group reporting for the challenge groups and no live training features in the app

PT Distinction and My PT Hub

Reasons for Switching to ABC Trainerize

More features for the price and customer service.

Response from ABC Fitness

Hi Karla,

Thank you so much for your review and feedback!

We are so happy you like the ease of navigating with Trainerize and our Customer Service as well!

Good news! We are currently in the process of developing an in-app live-streaming workout feature many more exciting things! (habits, workout of the day, appointments) Stay tuned! :) - Team Trainerize

Mercedes
Mercedes

Trainerize is the best if you are a personal trainer

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

I am able to create programs fast for my clients. With this software, clients are able to get support from me in real time.

Pros

Easily drop in YouTube videos. Creating master programs is amazing because you can copy and customize templates easily. The mobile app seems to be easy for clients to use. I like the advanced progression capabilities, its easy to change reps and sets, and descriptions on one screen.

Cons

I am a climbing coach, so the layout of exercises and drills doesn't work as well in Trainerize since each drill needs more detail and some need extra video support. The customization of this could be better. The calendar feature could be better.

Response from ABC Fitness

Hey Mercedes!

We are thrilled you like using Trainerize to create programs with our Master Programs feature!

Thanks for your feedback regarding adding more detail to workouts and improving the calendar feature. Could you email us ([email protected]) with more information on what you would like the features to look like? We would love to learn more!

- Team Trainerize

Michael
Michael

Great scalable app

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

Keeps my clients accountable and lets me track their activity.

Keeps my clients accountable and lets me track their activity.

Pros

Tracking capabilities for my clients and myself. Easily accessible from both ends. Very customizable. Constant tweaks and new new features.

Cons

A little buggy when I first started using it about 4 years ago but it's been constantly tweaked and fixed.

Response from ABC Fitness

Hey Michael!

Thanks for submitting your feedback!

We are happy to know that you and your clients like the ease of navigating with the App!

We are constantly improving Trainerize. If regards any issues come up, you can reach out to us at ([email protected])Our team will be happy to help!

Thanks for being with us all these years!

Ps: Stay tuned for more exciting updates! - Team Trainerize :)

Bakul
Bakul

Good option for delivery for online personal trainers

Reviewed on 2022/01/18

Trainerize helped my online fitness coaching business manage and train clients with exercise plans and nutritional information.

Pros

Trainerize made it extremely easy to schedule and manage client programs with built in exercise videos and instruction and plug and play capability. Clients found it intuitive and easy to use the app and get trained this way and it increased compliance as well.

Cons

The software was a bit bulky to use with a high amount of clients and otherwise, there was not much nutritional functionality offered besides integration with MyFitnessPal which did help a lot. No major complaints however, the software works really well for use.

Brie
Brie

Take your Fitness Biz Online

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

I've tried other online training platforms and keep coming back to Trainerize because it works well for the population I work with (general population).

Pros

Trainerize give your everything you need to run a successful online fitness training business, from programming, to uploading your own content, to payments, to messaging features. Everything you need if in one place!

Cons

I would love to see Trainerize add a built-in document signing feature for clients so that they can sign waivers and training agreements in the app as well. This is the only feature missing that I have to use an outside service for.

Janis
Janis

Love This App

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Love using this app with my clients. My clients like it as well.

Love using this app with my clients. My clients like it as well.

Pros

The app is easy to use for my clients. Workouts are easy to set up. Trainerize is always trying to update the app and make things easier for the trainer.

Cons

They did change how to upload your personal YouTube videos. Now you need the URL, where before you could check a box and it would upload. Used to be easier.

Response from ABC Fitness

Hey Jani!

Thanks for your amazing feedback!
We are super glad that you are enjoying the ease of navigating with the App!

In regards to uploading Youtube videos. We improved this tool, allowing trainers to batch import videos!

If you have any questions, reach out to our Trainerize Coaches at [email protected] and they will be happy to assist you.

Stay tuned for more exciting updates

-Team Trainerize :)

Ryan
Ryan

Trainerize

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

It’s been good and I like that the team tries to make it better all the time.

It’s been good and I like that the team tries to make it better all the time.

Pros

I like that it’s accessible on a cell phone. I like that it manages and delivers everything I need to create great programming for my clients.

Cons

It’s a kettle heavy for my phone and takes some time to load.

Response from ABC Fitness

Hey Ryan!

Thanks for submitting your feedback!

We love that you find the app easy and able to deliver workouts efficiently.

Good News! We've just updated the App! So make sure to update to the latest version of Trainerize!

Yes! We are always trying to make our app even better, so stay Tuned for more exciting updates! - Team Trainerize

Jorden

Trainerize has helped me build my online fitness business. I absolutely love it!

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

Trainerize allowed me to build my online personal training business and has helped me work from home and not in a gym. It has enabled me to work with more clients, get them better results and with less time and effort!

Pros

I have been using Trainerize for over 3 years. It has helped me build my business. Being a personal trainer my wife and I were able to move everything online vs in a gym. Freeing us to train more people and in less time. We can create programs, see the client's activity level, see how often they are working out. Trainerize also has a built-in messenger which is great since it is separated from our personal text messaging. I looked into and tried other programs similar to Trainerize but Trainerize, in my opinion, was so much better than the competition. Not to mention my ideas were heard on improvements to make and things to change. They are always coming out with updates and making things better.

Cons

I don't really have many complaints about Trainerize. Typically if I had a problem with the software or needed something to be done that it could not currently do, then the developers would work with me on making those improvements. It has been amazing to see the updates they have come out with since I started with them. They really want the user and client experience to be great and they want you to be successful!

Response from ABC Fitness

Hey Jorden!

Thank you SO much! We are so excited Trainerize has helped you build your online fitness business and that you love our in-app messaging feature!

Stay tuned for even more exciting updates!

- Team Trainerize

Greg
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Maximize your time and get Trainerize!

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

I mainly use Trainerize for my one-on-one clients. Before starting with Trainerize two years ago I would easily spend 2+ hours per day writing up client's workouts in notebooks. It took away time from my family, and limited time I would be able to use meeting with clients. Now it doesn't take me more than a half-hour per day to program. I use a tablet to track my clients throughout the day, and it has greatly streamlined my business! Trainerize also uses easy ways to schedule and progress entire macro or mezo cycles at once, and copy plans from client to client!

Pros

I love what my clients love. They love being able to track and reference back to their workouts. They love having videos and instructions on how to do exercises when I'm not around. The app gives them a direct connection to me to answer questions. And I can help motivate and keep my clients accountable though check-ins and goal tracking.

Cons

The system doesn't work the greatest with android devices. Also, if I am training more than one person at a time I have to have a separate device for each person.

Response from ABC Fitness

Hey Greg!

Thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled Trainerize has helped you streamline your fitness business!

I wanted to let you know we are getting close to releasing a brand new version of the Trainerize app. This is a project we've invested over a year in (rebuilding the app from the ground up) and will definitely improve the overall performance and stability of the app (on Android phones etc)!

- Team Trainerize

Tiffany

Great for a start up Trainer

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

It was great at the beginning until we grew, then the value of the software for our number of clients wasn't competitive enough with other solutions.

Pros

Trainerize was great for us in the beginning with less volume of clients. It gave us the ability to upload our meal plans and build workouts. I love that it has workout videos and exercises loaded into the app for when you need some inspiration for new client workouts.

Cons

It was a bit outdated compared to other training apps I have seen. Only allowed for one meal plan upload at a time and was always in a document format. Would love to see this software integrate with a meal plan building software.

Response from ABC Fitness

Hi Tiffany, thank you for taking the time to review our software! We're happy to hear you found inspiration from our exercise library, we have since added many more exercises!

As for nutrition and meal planning, we do have plans to release more options for you in the future. Currently, we integrate with Evolution Nutrition if you're looking to get your meal plans built out. We also calculate client BMR and TDEE for you to help you create a client's daily caloric intake when assigning a nutrition goal.

Please feel free to reach out anytime if there is anything we can help you with! We'd be happy to help you scale your business by helping you incorporate our Master Programs feature to automate the delivery of workouts to your clients. - Team Trainerize

Daniel

I really like it. I tried PT distinction for awhile but didn't like it. It fits my style of...

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

Easy client management - I run my entire business using this software and Facebook.

Pros

I like that you keep updating it and making it better so that it stays in line with your competitors.

Cons

I'm struggling to think of something. I think you changed it so that now I have to use the calendar to copy a programme from a current client to a profile which I am currently logged into......... but in the past there was an option to do this in the clients 'training programme' section. I'd like to have that back. (I think you can only add a brand new programme now when in the training section) I'd also like to be able to schedule messages to people so that on day x they'll recieve a message. I know there is an option to do a few of these at the beginning but I'd like to be able to schedule a lot of these running over the course of a 6 month programme. A bit like PT distinction and also another software called coachcatalyst (previously habitcatalyst)

Response from ABC Fitness

Hey Daniel!

Thank you for your review and feedback! We are so happy Trainerize fits your style of programming!

Good news, we now have program auto messaging! You can set up auto messages in your clients programs for specific days. Feel free to check out help.trainerize.com for more info!

- Team Trainerize

Stacy

Trainerize Review

Reviewed on 2017/04/18

I've been using the product for over two and a half years. As a Fit Pro for over 32 years I am thrilled with the success my clients have achieved as a result of having access to workouts 24-7! I am not only thrilled with their results but applaud the efforts of Trainerize and their constant updates and changes to make the program more supportive to our clients needs and also the rapidly changing science and technology that the fitness industry presents to us personal trainers. When I started with the program the capability of using many wearable technology was minimal. Not only has Trainerize embraced that portion of the industry but is constantly evolving in supporting my business making it easy to manage from the sales and marketing standpoint. Kudos to Trainerize! Thrilled with your product and support.

Pros

I love everything about the App. From my management of the business to what my clients are able to use when training.

Cons

My only complaint is to make using the Zappa easier. I've had a difficult time connecting all the systems together and stopped using them all
Together.

Response from ABC Fitness

Hey Stacy!

Thank you!! We are so happy Trainerize has helped you manage and run your successful fitness business!

Feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any Zapier questions. One of our coaches would be happy to help answer them for you!

- Team Trainerize

Kristi

Great product at a great price!

Reviewed on 2018/07/30

Pros

I live the ease of use. I studies other similar programs and found them too time consuming to learn. Trainerize makes it super easy. I like that you have the option to upgrade for more clients; thereby not having to invest more money when you may not have the clientele to support that investment. The help desk is awesome as well. I like the updates & improvements that Trainerize has published as well. The program is great for keeping track of your face-to-face clients in addition to clients you train online. Overall highly recommend!

Cons

Any cons that I might have had in the beginning have been resolved with the addition tonaccwor payment through the program. The only recommendation I would make is the ability to make notes within a client’s account.

Response from ABC Fitness

Hi Kristi, thank you for taking the time to review our software! We appreciate your feedback regarding client notes. We have since added to our client notes feature so you can now not only create private notes on a clients profile, but also for workouts. All notes can be quickly accessed in a client's profile and you can pin important notes to the top of the page (client injures, severe allergies etc).

It's great to see you've been with us all this time and have been happy with the updates we've released over time. Stay tuned for more exciting releases and updates soon :) - Team Trainerize

Paul

Overall good, Had many issues over last 12 months with program constantly crashing.

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

The functionality of the program.
The ease of use.
Ability to create full training programs including the ability to schedule up weeks in advance.

Cons

Doesn't work as well on Android compared to iPhone.
The older the phone to worse the program performs. I've tried two Android phones now both of the same age and Trainerize performance is decreasing.
- Samsung S5- App constanly crashes
-Motorolla - App is slow
I'm not in a position at the moment to get a new phone so I just have to persevere with it.

Can't record 'Drop Sets'

Need to include a complete nutrition section not out source it to another company that then has it's own fees. Check out what Virtuagym have done.

When I substitute an exercise for one that I've done before it will only show 3 sets option even if I know I've done 4 sets before and it won't display the previous weights recorded. I always have to add the extra set and check the history to see what was recorded. This doesn't happen on the iPhone.

Natalie

They’ve really upped their game!

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

They have big plans for Trainerize’s future. They aren’t perfect, but they continue to make leaps and bounds with their software. I’ve been with them since 2014, so I know they are continuously working hard to give us an amazing product.

Pros

I’ve been with Trainerize since 2014. They’ve come along ways since the beginning. I have full faith that they will continue to improve their product.

Cons

There is no offline tracking. Last time I checked, I cannot make a customized (master) program via app. To use the software properly you HAVE to use BOTH a computer (desktop website) and the app. It’s near impossible to use the desktop website on a tablet or phone.

Response from ABC Fitness

Hey Natalie! Thank you for taking the time to review us and provide feedback! It's great to see you've been with us all this time and recognize that we always have and will continue to strive to make Trainerize better for our customers.
We appreciate your feedback regarding offline tracking, we've brought this up with our Development Team and will let you know if we make any changes in the future.
Stay tuned for more exciting releases and updates :) - Team Trainerize

Kelly

Great tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/17

Overall I'm very pleased with this app. I like that it allows me to automate my online client workouts!! Ive looked at other apps but this one still seems the best for me!

Pros

I like the ease of uploading my own videos, my clients find it easy to use and easy to follow. I like that I can design programs for program templates. I like that it appears that this is my app

Cons

It is a bit pricey, I can't see exact meals my clients are having. I would like to be able to respond to check - ins using my apple watch for instant correspondence. It would also be nice to have a back office for trainers to have bookkeeping even if we dont use the stripe app that is actually very expensive for me to use.

Response from ABC Fitness

Hey Kelly!

Thank you for your review! We are so happy your clients find Trainerize easy to use and follow.

Did you know if your clients track meals with the Fitbit app you can see their meals? They don't need a Fitbit wearable and the app is free!

Feel free to email [email protected] if you have any questions about how to set that up!

- Team Trainerize

Natalie

A necessity for trainers

Reviewed on 2018/07/27

Pros

I like having all clients in one spot vs. worrying about individual files. I use Trainerize for both online and in-home clients. My clients love following the workouts and they are easy on my end to put together. I also like the option of tracking progress through photos, measurements and weight. It really steps up the accountability for clients.

I've used the software for three years and they've continued to listen to trainers' ideas and improved it more and more. It is a necessity in my business!

Cons

I wish they would incorporate healthy habits into the app. I have worked around it though by making habits as "workouts" to still allow clients to check in on them daily.

Response from ABC Fitness

Hey Natalie!

Wow, thank you so much! We are thrilled Trainerize is a necessity for your business and helps keep your clients accountable!

Good news - we are coming out with out a new Habit Tracking Feature in the Fall of 2019! Stay tuned!

- Team Trainerize

Joslyn

I'm so glad we found Trainerize!

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

We are able to manage our local members and online membership and special programs all in one place.

Pros

We experimented with many other products until one late night I was fed up and searched for an application that did all of the things we needed it to do in one place. I some how found Trainerize and have not turned back since. We can effectively manage client programs while keeping engagement and motivation high. The automation features make things a lot easier. Our clients live in the app. Those that engage with it the most have had the best results.

Cons

Some of the features on the dash are hard to interpret from the coaching side and the tagging features are a little bulky.

Response from ABC Fitness

Hey Josylin!

WOW - thank you so much for your review and kind words! We're thrilled to know that you like the Trainerize App and that our client-engagement features helped you in your business!

Good news, our marketing team is currently working on some great "how-to" and educational videos that will be coming out soon!

I can definitely pass on your feedback to them so they can touch on those topics!

Also, you can reach out to us on our live channels! This means that you can give us a call or ask your questions on our live chat whenever it is convenient for you!

We are available at 9:00-5:00 PST. :) -Team Trainerize

Harry
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Best program for personal trainers

I've been using Trainerize since 2014 and I haven't been let down

I've been using Trainerize since 2014 and I haven't been let down

Pros

Ease of use: very easy to manage clients, programs, copy workouts.

Huge selection of workout videos if you don't want to spend time creating your own.

YouTube integration is brilliant.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to export client's stats both for exercises and body stats.

Social media integration would also help advertising ie client x. Checked in for legs published on Facebook or ig

Response from ABC Fitness

Hey Harry,

Thanks for submitting your feedback!
We're so glad that you like the ease of creating programs and workouts with the App!

We love your suggestions! Can you submit them on our ideas page?

(www. ideas.trainerize.com)

Our development team reviews the Ideas Page when they're considering which changes to make in Trainerize's future.

Thanks for being with us all these years. And stay tuned for more exciting updates! -

Team Trainerize :)

• Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Beat training app I’ve used.

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

This app has helped me to build and continue to grow my business. The custom app feature has even allowed me to create my own brand for the App Store.

Pros

The trainerize app makes communicating with my online and in person clients a breeze. The library of exercises and templates saves me hours. And the constant upgrading and new features are constantly making the experience even better.

Cons

There are some features I wish it had, but they are constantly improving and adding more features as users recommend changes.

Response from ABC Fitness

Hi,

Wow - that is amazing! Congrats on growing your fitness business.

We are so happy your clients love using Trainerize!

Please let us know what features you would like to see on Trainerize!? Feel free to e-mail us at [email protected].

We would love to hear it from you! Stay tuned for even more exciting updates and new features :)

- Team Trainerize

Jordan J.
Jordan J.
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

No Overhead Cost; Train Clients on Phone

Reviewed on 2019/11/22

I am able to build my business with my phone. I train multiple clients at once. Tracking is in one place & easy to refer to.

Pros

This is a low overhead cost for me. I can train clients from anywhere; without renting time/space out at a gym. I find extreme value for my money as I can train multiple people at once. Trainerize keeps client messaging solely on the app. This does not mix in with my personal text messaging.

Cons

I need to upload multiple meal plans for a client. A client has a low carbohydrate/high protein day followed by a carbohydrate loaded day.

Response from ABC Fitness

Hey Jordan,

Wow - thank you SO much! We are so happy to hear that Trainerize transformed your fitness business.

We are also thrilled that Trainerize has allowed you to offer a more complete and comprehensive fitness solution to your business.

In regards to multiple meal plans option, it does sound like a good idea to have in Trainerize's future. We will definitely pass your feedback on to the development team for review.

- Team Trainerize

Francis

Trainerize has transformed my business

Reviewed on 2016/09/19

I have been using Trainerize for nearly 3 years and would highly recommend it to any fitness professional. Building workout programs is simple and makes running the business much easier, while at the same time giving me the edge to not only expand but deliver personalized programs and RESULTS for my clients.
It has been the driving force behind my online product and puts me head and shoulders above other personal trainers in my area. It really is fantastic. Client base has tripled along with the income. And it has given me the freedom to enjoy being a personal trainer and have more free time to enjoy life with the extra income. Give it a go, it will transform your business guaranteed.

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service and an all round great software.

Cons

None

Response from ABC Fitness

Hey Francis!