RTA Fleet Management

Fleet management solution for SMBs and enterprises

Phil R.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2016/01/06

As with many products, there's pros and cons. The pros with RTA largely outweigh the cons. They have great customer support. Their turnover rate is low so you end up talking to the same people, and when you call you get a friendly voice not an automated system. Its not a one size fits all solution, they will fit it to your business. They will customize if you want. It doesn't come with a huge price tag that says "no changes allowed". Their 7.0 product will help them be a lot more competitive with the big players, it puts them right up to the top. Between the price and what you get, I would use and suggest RTA time and time again. They continually update, improve and expand their product. They listen to your suggestions. There were many times we asked for something and they ending up delivering those "wish list" items. With any large software system, there are screens and fields that some business' dont end up using, such is with software. I use about 25% of all the functions of Microsoft Word. Their reporting was/is outdated, but they are aggressively making changes to it and improving it. I remember the reason our company went with RTA was the customer support, the willingness of the management to meet and talk with us, and their flexibility to our requests of expanding their product to fit our needs.

Steve W.

RTA for Bus fleets

Reviewed on 2014/11/20

I have only been using RTA for one year, there are a lot I like about RTA and of course I'm still learning the system and processes along with cleaning up a huge mess left behind by my predecessor where they had been using RTA since 2007. It's hard to list what I like about RTA because those areas work easy and I don't think about them, its the problem areas I find I remember of course. The main issues I have is I run a bus fleet and the main aspect of RTA is trucking so there are gaps in areas that just don't cover items that I have on the bus fleet and may items that deal with trucks and trucking that will never pertain to my fleet. I am constantly having to jump from screen to screens, looking for items and I have to close the area I was just in and when I come back to that area I have to start over from the beginning. I know some of this is me not knowing how to use what I have in RTA and some may not. I like RTA and hope the sometime in the near future with all your staffs help that I will have it all cleaned up and working the best it can be for my fleet.

Response from Ron Turley Associates

Steve,

Thank you for your comments and inquiry. Check out this video outlining the multi-threading feature available within the RTA system. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o41DZKNWrLM&t=48s

Should you have additional questions, feel free to reach out to our Technical Support staff. We stand by ready to assist and are here to help get the most out of the robust features contained within the RTA system.

Lashae J.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Fleet management

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

Pros

The most I like about this product is within the name itself. It helps manage all types of fleets. Good for any business with deliveries to passengers and more.

Cons

The least I like about this product is nothing. I like this product

Mike R.

Robust fleet management from a great company to work with

Reviewed on 2015/10/14

Pros

Top notch support team! Lots of features to manage hours, inventory, and costs. There is always ongoing development, improving core functionality and producing add on modules. Now with Crystal Reports, custom reports are easier than ever. Has a User Manual that is actually worth reading!!!

Cons

It is complex software and the workflow is not always intuitive. If there was second shift tech support the vendor would be perfect.

Ron R.

HISTORY

Reviewed on 2014/10/31

RTA has been valuable to Coborns Inc allowing us to track history of all shop and eqquipment movement. With this tool we have been able to track and trace any decreptencies for our fleet as well as our Technicians. Keeping these items in check have saved us money as well as time in the tracking of all associated shop and equipment activities. RTA has also been very responsive to our company needs as well as effective and timely with problems that may arise. RTA customer support is second to none compared to the other company that we have support with. GO RTA!!!!

Tim L.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Good system with some limitations and some odd quirks

Reviewed on 2015/09/29

Pros

There easy access to support. That I can call just about any time and some one will try to help me.

Cons

It's lack of ease when it comes to reporting and odd inter face between paperless shop and the main work order system.

Dan M.

Kroger Feedback on RTA

Reviewed on 2014/11/03

Our application runs on citrix with windows 2008R2 and sql server 2008.
We manage separate garage and warehouse environments.
Pro: The app provides all of the components we need related to maintenance and management of our fleet. The support we receive is excellent.
Con: The database indexes are difficult to manage since the are flat files outside of the database server. The reporting could be more robust in terms of formats and output.
The app environment itself could be more user friendly as it relates to navigation and quick-path options.

Adugna A.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

ease

Reviewed on 2018/08/24

make it easy and affordable

Pros

the feature and functionality included, the demo provided that's so cool it helps a lot to understand

Cons

it's the price I don' t think u guys will have lots of customers with this price make it less till u got enough customers

Tracey Q.

EXCELLENT

Reviewed on 2014/11/19

RTA is very user friendly. The reports can get a little confusing as there are so many ways to do things. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Armando T.

exellent

Reviewed on 2014/11/19

It is very good because the sistem or the provider is always giving up dates. That way any changes occur get updaed soon.

David N.

great

Reviewed on 2014/11/19

Overall RTA is a great product with great tech support and training.

John H.

RTA

Reviewed on 2017/02/28

Good Product. I like it. Would recommend for others to use. A little Pricey

Ryan W.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

We are very new to the system. The more we learn the more we enjoy it.

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Monthly reporting since we use QuickBooks. Our accounting department relies on us to inform them what we used for parts and supplies. End of month reports break usage into easy to use formats, that help us report accurately.

Pros

Fleet preventative maintenance tracking along with templates. We haven't use part kits yet but hope to within this calendar year. Part inventory tracking. Preprogramed reports at end of periods, once we learned all the correct ways to post/ receive different parts.
User Conference keep having them. This is where Belinda and I have grown to like the system. We have also learned that we only use about 15% of what RTA can do for us. We are learning and implementing new things all the time.

Cons

in paperless shop, if you click on finish job. It is done and gone. It would be nice if there was a pop up that asked are you sure you want to finish job. About once a day we have to reopen work order for our techs because the accidently pressed finish job instead of clock out for lunch, or incomplete, or end of shift. Using a laptop's built in mouse is part of the problem but if there was a pop up then that too would save extra steps.
There was a lot more complaints before we went to two user's conferences. There we learned the correct ways to use the system.

David G.

RTA Reveiw

Reviewed on 2012/12/07

Overall I think it has been a good partnership.

Again, we thought we would be alot further, plus we have alot of other ideas for 2013.

Pros

The RTA team has been very responsive when we have had a problem with the system to make sure we understand any enhancements or work with our IT team to get any problems straightened out

Cons

The new modules are taking longer than expected. Once the modules are completed or loaded, we should be shown how to use them instead of asking to be trained.
Also some of the modules we have found there were some problems. Do not know if there is way to send the module to me to test before putting it into the program.
I get emails from MM's who see the new module and start asking why it does not work or what needs to be done before I have seen or trained on the module

Response from Ron Turley Associates

The partnership has moved forward and the big projects have all been delivered. Many changes to the project while in development did require longer-than-normal turnaround.

Training has been implemented as well so that users are trained immediately upon release of an enhancement or new feature.

Steven S.

great things

Reviewed on 2014/11/20

First I would like to say that 4 years ago I did not like the system and was looking at others system out there. I went to a conference but in San Diego and learned a lot. Since then I have been working with the system and with the Tech. had on site training and it is looking great. The support I get when calling in is second to none and I do really feel the tight family bond that if formed with RTA and the users. I was told this at the conference when I had met the crew but as the years went buy you do feel it. Just wanted to say thanks for that and keep up the great work. Would like to see in the all the fields when a note is put into the system that the notes pad would turn a different color this would make it a lot easier to spot. Thanks again

Michael S.

RTA Fleet Management

Cons;
Would like to be able to pull up vehicle by vin. #, license plate or registration #.
Would like to be able to toggle between screens without having to exit a particular section.

Pros;
Very easy to use once you have learn the basics.
Customer service is fantastic, all of the techs are courteous and willing to help.
Overall the program fits our needs perfectly.

Response from Ron Turley Associates

Thanks Michael!
You should be able to look up your vehicles using those fields. If you don't mind, I'll have one of our customer service fanatics give you a call to see if there is something we are missing.

And keep an eye out for 7.0 next year, when the ability to have multiple screens up at once comes to the system!

Mont R.

South Salt Lake and our partners at RTA

Reviewed on 2014/11/03

We have been using the software for about 10 years. I put a lot of study in selecting a fleet software system before we made our commitment to RTA and I'm really glad that I did. RTA has been a vital and comprehensive tool in managing our fleet of about 250. Customer service and RTA training has been the biggest part of our success. The staff at RTA makes a good product great! We plan to expand the use of RTA to include facilities, properties and other assets. I am very happy to endorse this great product and the support team behind it.

Jon K.

Our experience as an end user

Reviewed on 2014/11/19

We started with RTA in 2004/2005. Coming from a basic fleet software program into a manageable program with endless possibilities to expand was very exciting for us. RTA has grown with our fleet and allowed numerous avenues to captures saving and defaults within our own processes not previously recognized.
We continue to expand our fleet and RTA is able to offer technologies and opportunities that have made our fleet software provider choice a no brainier.

Jonathan W.

RTA

FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SUPPORT, EVERYONE IS EASY TO TALK TO AND VERY HELPFUL
PROGRAM CAN BE A LITTLE DIFFICULT TO NAVIGATE AT TIMES. WISH THERE WAS A "BACK" BUTTON INSTEAD OF HAVING TO EXIT TO THE BEGINING AND START ALL OVER. THIS WOULD ESPECIALLY BE HELPFUL IN THE PARTS SCREEN.

Aleda J.

Review of RTA

Reviewed on 2014/11/20

Do wish it was more mobile, more compatible with other applications to cross data streams, for example: payroll, mileage, etc.

When numbers are transposed that it would automatically sync and flag, we have a lot of redundancy due to this?

Angela H.

RTA FLEET MANAGEMENT REVIEW -- GO RTA

Reviewed on 2014/11/06

THE PROS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE BOMB! COULDN'T ASK FOR A BETTER GROUP OF PEOPLE.
THE CONS HAVING TO WORK OUT THE BUGS WHEN UPDATES ARE INSTALLED.
ONE OF THE BEST SOFTWARES AND VERY USER FRIENDLY.

John R.

Nice things John Rugg has to say about RTA

Reviewed on 2014/11/19

You folks are about the best vendor we deal with as far as a superior product, outstanding customer service and all around nice people.

Keep up the great work

Dennis B.

The best Company and customers service anywhere

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

Pros

Ease of use. Great reports, Company listens to customer needs. They work hard to update the system to each customer. They can host the software to where I don't have to worry about slow servers or working with an ITS department that is overloaded and doesn't understand the software.

Cons

None really, the only thing that comes to mind is the constant upgrades and changes make it hard to keep up with. We have been using the software for over 15 years. It is hard sometimes to change to something new when the old way worked so well.

Matt D.

Almost Unlimited Functionality

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

We have been able to manage parts inventory and warranty tracking better than ever before.

Pros

RTA not only manages work orders and general fleet maintenance, but also part/vehicle warranty, tires and much more. The parts system can learn what parts are commonly used on vehicles and recommend those parts when posting to a work order.

Cons

The software is huge and the user interface isn't easy to learn. It takes a lot of training for mechanics and techs to become fluent.

Gardhy S.
  • Industry: Government Administration

We've been using this for several years now to track maintenance of our vehicles.

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Keeping track of maintenance records for all of our fleet vehicles.

Pros

Ease of use, and integration with our current fueling vendor. It does a great job of keeping track of all the information and the reporting is very good. IT management is very simple once it is installed, and the upgrades are straightforward as well.

Cons

UI could be modernized, but it is very functional overall. We wish it could be integrated into Active Directory for user management purposes, but otherwise it works fairly well since we don't have many users on it.