AudienceView Professional

Live event ticketing, simply better

Steven M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Perfect! Stellar support, intuitive features, scales with us

Reviewed on 2017/02/27

Our events perform in multiple venues with varying set-ups: assigned seats, general admission, and with various types of tickets like VIPs and student pricing in venues from 99 seats up to 800 or more seats. We also use discount codes, want something that easily integrates with email software and our website and really responsive support since we produce more events than our relatively small staff can handle! OvationTix has worked very well for us in this first six months of our partnership with them. I like that they update the software monthly with new features. It is important our company keep its branding consistent and OvationTix makes that process seamless.

Quick Set-Up and On-Sales
Integration with Email and Website Platforms
Great Support
Helpful and Ongoing Upgrades
Call Center for Ticket Buyers by Phone
Private, Custom Branding
No Up-Front Cost: we only pay OvationTix when we sell tickets.

Cons

We aren't a non-profit company, so all the fundraising features in the solution don't really apply to us. This is not a complaint really, but those tools are probably of great use to other companies. We just don't use them.

Response from TheaterMania.com

Thanks for the praise Steven! Our best to you and your team. Don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have any questions. And yes, while the fundraising solutions like individual donations, pledge tracking, moves management and deeper CRM functions aren't for everyone, you can certainly use them when they match up with your business needs.

Jen B.

OvationTix Review

Reviewed on 2016/09/13

Overall, Ovationtix is very easy to use and client friendly. They have a great support team that is easy to reach and very helpful. For a small company such as ours that does not have a stationary box office, their phone line is a great way for us to offer box office service to our patrons. It's online functionality, allowing us to use anywhere we go, is great, as we are an itinerant theater company, and need to set up a new box office area for each show, somethimes in areas that are not as conducive to a theater environment.

Pros

The software is easy to use, allowing our patrons easy ability to purchase tickets through our site. It is also flexible, so we can adjust it to our needs as an itinerant company. We can make our subscriptions customizable to each space that we are in.

Cons

The reporting function is not as straightforward as I would like. Sometimes it takes some extra finesse and creativity to pull a report with the exact information that you need. It is not as straightforward as a database as it is a ticketing software.

Response from TheaterMania.com

Thanks Jen! I'm glad we're a good fit for your company's needs. And keep an eye out for enhancements in reporting (and the entire solution) in the coming year. We update every couple weeks and have some additional features on our road map. If your account executive or Client Services can be of help, don't hesitate to call. Or just hit "reply" to one of the monthly OvationTix newsletters and I'll receive the response directly. -Joseph Yoshitomi, VP Marketing Strategy

Lynn M.

Pros and Cons of OvationTix

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

Our business needed a way for patrons to purchase tickets online at their convenience, especially since our box office has restricted hours of operation. This gives us that option.

Pros

This software is easy to use, simple to set up and edit multiple events and prices. Navigating through the reports is fairly easy once you are familiar with the program. And information is very detailed.

Cons

There is a learning curve and not a lot of training provided to familiarize newcomers to where things are hiding.

Response from AudienceView

Hi Lynn,

So glad to hear that you're happy with OvationTix! If you have any needs related to training, please don't hesitate to reach out to me and I can provide you with the growing number of training resources we have available.

Jerusha

Marty R.

Happy Ovation User

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

Ovation has helped a lot with our analytics. We can track all of our revenue streams and compare our sales on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis. We have been very pleased with the customer support as well.

Pros

The software is user friendly for the customer and us.

Cons

When someone wants to use a discount code it needs to be in a more prominent spot so that they see it immediately.

Response from AudienceView

Hi Marty,

Thank you so much for the positive review. We truly appreciate your partnership so it's great to hear OvationTix is working well for your organization.

And thank you for the feedback about the discount code placement. I will share that with our team to see if we can improve that.

Tom L.

Very user friendly

Reviewed on 2018/09/04

Pros

I really like the fact that its easy to guide around the site. Things are clearly marked what they are.

Cons

There's no fail safe. We could put through any information or select an item and not all of it asks if we are "sure you want to complete".

Response from AudienceView

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the response! We are really glad you enjoy using OvationTix--I also think your feedback on no fail safes is valid, I will submit that to our development department. If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me, your Customer Success Manager at [email protected]

Best,
Timothy (TJ) Polzin

Nancy J.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Tickets made easy!

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Pros

Best features: Ease of use in setting up tickets for sale; EXCELLENT customer service (even when you as the obvious!); new features to make the program even better.

Cons

I haven't found any flaws with the software.

Response from AudienceView

Thank you so much for your feedback, Nancy! We're so glad to hear that OvationTix has helped make ticketing for your organization a breeze :)

Andrus M.
  • Industry: Music

Audience View Bought out Vendini and wrecked a good thing

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

It is fine that AudienceView is not suited to my business, but that they make it impossible for me to leave with my contact list is unbearable. As a small niche music organisation our contact list is everything to our business. So I would describe this as a nightmare that threatens the life of our musical organization.

Pros

This software has many great features, but is entirely inappropriate for smaller organizations like mine

Cons

AudienceView bought out Vendini the company I had been working with and the pricing went from something that was very reasonable to something that was completely unworkable. Also I have been unable to export my contacts so that I can take my business elsewhere. With Vendini I could always call and get help during business hours, no one from AudienceView will talk to me. Because I am not going to stay with AudienceView they will not allow me to export my contacts after tomorrow, but not only do the instructions they gave me for exporting my contacts not work, the best they would offer me was a phone call days after the deadline they gave me. Terrible Customer service.

Jamie A.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Best Customer Support!

Reviewed on 2016/11/28

We love Ovationtix. Their customer support team helps us with every and any problem we have. Even if they don't have the answer right away, they get back to you within a very reasonable time frame. Everyone is always friendly and willing to help. They fully support and listen to our ideas about improving the system, in order to meet our specific needs and requirements.

Pros

-ease of use
-easy to follow layout
-everything in one spot (subscriptions, tickets, donations)

Cons

-Theatre Ed Class registrations are difficult
-no way to flag certain patrons on a who's coming list
-Patron Holds from patron profile would be nice so you are not going back and fourth from the hold page to the profile page.

Response from TheaterMania.com

Thanks so much Jamie! Our support team is always happy to hear such praise and I will pass along your requests for further enhancements to the Who's Coming report and hold functionality too. And please keep an eye out for some enhanced reporting features rolling out over the next few quarters. You'll hear about them in our monthly newsletter.

Patrick F.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Great product and even better customer service!

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

Overall, we are very happy. It is a complicated software that takes some time to get used to but is very flexible.

Pros

We went with OvationTix for the 2019-20 season and have been very happy. Their sales team has been super helpful in setting up all of our data. Whenever we have questions, they customer service team is knowledgeable and very patient and helpful. I would highly recommend going with OvationTix for your ticketing needs.

Cons

We have had issues with the new roll out of their seating chart. Unfortunately, our seating chart seem to be too big for the newest system and we are stuck with the legacy version. They are working on an update but we haven't heard anything yet.

Response from AudienceView

Hi Patrick.

Thank you so much for the positive review. We are definitely working on improving the seating charts for larger venues and should have that rolled out this fall.

Scott W.

Ovationtix has provided us with an integrated platform for Festival ticketing and merchandise...

Reviewed on 2017/11/28

Pros

Interface allows us to manage levels of access, and also prepare consistent and accurate reports. Patron history is presented in clear and logical fashion.

Cons

Wish there was more direct integration with other marketing platforms, such as our broadcast email client and social media channels.

Response from AudienceView

Hi Scott - thank you for the feedback! We're glad to hear that OvationTix is a valuable tool for your Festival ticketing and merch sales. We do currently integrate with MailChimp, Constant Contact, and Facebook, and we¿re excited for developments in other integrations that are on our roadmap. Stay tuned, and please don't hesitate to reach out to your Customer Success Manager to find out how to leverage existing integrations.

Mackenzie T.

OvationTix is easy to use, gets the job done, has excellent customer service and is economical!

Reviewed on 2017/11/28

Pros

Ever since we found OvationTix our lives are so much simpler! As a nonprofit with a staff of two, we needed a system that could function well as a box office, while also keeping track of donations. Not only is it super user friendly, the customer service is fantastic. We also love that there are no fees on donations and no set up fees which is huge. On to of that, OvationTix seems to always be trying to improve by adding new features. We love OvationTix!

Response from AudienceView

Mackenzie, it is fantastic to hear such wonderful feedback from one of our valued partners! Thanks so much for the high praise, and please don't hesitate to reach out to your Customer Success Manager if you ever have any feedback about those new and improved features we continue to release ;)

David G.

Ovation, very good - Not perfect

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

GREAT customer service, serious company I like to work with.

Pros

I like the quantity of services offered. Sections / prices / discounts / packages etc.

Cons

The graphic personalization, VERY limited.
The lack of payment options - PayPal for example major.
The big difficulty to get the platform to work on custom URLs

Response from AudienceView

Hi David,

Thank you for the review. It's great to hear that your overall experience with the system has been positive. In regards to your comment about graphic personalization we do have a new consumer interface design that is completely responsive which you might be interested in switching to.

We can also discuss other payment options if you aren't happy with PayPal. And I'd love to learn a little more about what you are referring to when you say "custom URLs" because hopefully we can help you with that as well.

Thanks again for the review. We truly appreciate your partnership.

Amber P.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Great For Smaller PAC/Theatres

Reviewed on 2017/10/10

Pros

Very easy to teach/train staff, positive feedback from online users using the software. building and backend features were simplistic, but easy to understand and to use.

Cons

We used this software when I worked at a small sports complex, and I don't think it was a good fit for our type of sports venue. It is definitely a great software for smaller performing arts centers or theatres

Response from AudienceView

Thank you for your review. It sounds like you have used OvationTix at a past job but aren't currently using it at the theater you are at.

OvationTix has evolved quite a bit in the last few years with more robust features and functionality and streamline design and serve both small and large performing arts venues.

If you are interested in checking out what's new and signing up for a demo you can do so here: https://www.ovationtix.com/schedule-demo

Keith W.
  • Industry: Events Services

Slow but steady

Reviewed on 2018/09/11

Great

Pros

How compartmentalized the software can become when there are so many vouchers at use.

Cons

The default option was the least likely ticket to be sold.

Response from AudienceView

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your review. We truly value your partnership so I'd love to connect with you and learn more about the "default option" you listed as a con. There might be something we can do to change that. I'll reach out to you directly.

Robert B.

The 24/7 phone answering service for our patrons is the best!

Reviewed on 2017/11/28

Pros

This service gives us a complete customer focus. It allows us to sell tickets and collect donations automatically online. This service also provides us with "always open" capability by answering our ticketing phone calls 24/7.

Cons

The set up can sometimes be difficult when we are creating a new series. But, I suspect that that is because we only do that once per year.

Response from AudienceView

Hi Robert,

Thank you so much for the review. If you are ever having difficulty creating a series because you aren't doing it that frequently feel free to sit in on one of our weekly webinar trainings. They are a great way to brush up on the basics if it's been a while and they are hosted every week. We also host other webinars dedicated to a more specific focus (i.e development tools, packages, etc). You can find the link to our training calendar in the help center.

Thanks again and we truly value your partnership.

Christopher G.

Great Software, Awesome Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/09/07

Pros

It allows us to keep track of patrons and donors in an easy and streamlined manner.

Cons

Credit card transactions are convoluted, especially when you have a patron with multiple addresses and just one billing zip code.

Response from AudienceView

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the great feedback! We are glad you enjoy using it, and are very happy to that you appreciate our customer service--our Client Services team is pretty great, I agree! Additionally, thank you for the credit card transactions feedback.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me with any other questions or feedback.

Best,
TJ Polzin
[email protected]
Customer Success Manager

Saima H.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

The customer service is top-notch.

Reviewed on 2020/01/16

Very professional, very courteous, never left me hanging when I had a question but always got back to me within a business day. Reliable, excellent service.

Pros

It was very easy to use, and the communication was always timely and professional. My account rep was phenomenal. It was the start of my theatre company and my very first production, and they made sure I understood how everything worked, and were there for any questions I had throughout my show's two week run and beyond.

Cons

Nothing! It was great. I really have no complaints about it at all. I would use it again immediately, no question.

Lisa C.

This service is horrible

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Not very good.

Pros

Nothing. And the fact that I wrote that and this survey won't allow me to submit unless I say one good thing. So here is the one thing I like, It's easy to get onto the website.

Cons

That if there are any issues and if someone where new to this software they have no clue who to call for technical issues. You do not have it on your page where it is right there for someone to find should they need assistance right away. Added a row of seats on the website which put us over capacity in our theatre. It is a fire code violation and we can get fined.

Response from AudienceView

Hi Lisa. We're sorry to hear you haven't been having a great experience with OvationTix. We'd like to try to make things better! Your Customer Success Manager will be reaching out to you shortly.

Jeff W.
  • Industry: Entertainment

great team with customer service! very supportive. user friendly and easy to navigate.

Reviewed on 2017/11/28

like the extra phone room support and the financial credit card payout that is done by Ovation instead of our administration. the online ease of use.

Pros

Very user friendly and simple to set up shows and make changes, alterations to shows and pricing.

Cons

a bit slow when doing window sales (internet speed) no waiting list automatic function when a show sells out (like Eventbrite has) .
The fact that you can't build your own seating charts or make alterations to them without going through a customer service rep ( slow turnaround).

Response from AudienceView

Thanks for the review! You shouldn't be experiencing any issues with internet speed at the Box Office so please give us a call so we can trouble shoot that for you.

We'd also love to hear more about what you're looking for in terms of the wait list functionality. We take client feedback very seriously and it directly drives our roadmap.

We are working on functionality to give clients the ability to build their own seat maps so stay tuned!

Jeff M.

OvationTix - great resource for non-profit event ticketing and donor tracking

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

I am thrilled with the OvationTix experience and look forward to the upgrades that will make it an even more rewarding tool for the work required of a small non-profit.

Pros

Rep is an absolute ideal resource for helping us use OvationTix more efficiently.
Entering and tracking donors alongside event ticket purchases. Both pieces of information together, results in effective reporting.
Integration with online, phone and in-person ticket purchasing and donor development.
Responsiveness to request for enhanced features to be added.

Cons

It takes a while to get used to reporting. Once the user gets into the software it becomes more intuitive.

Response from AudienceView

Thanks so much for the awesome feedback, Jeff! We love working with partners like you :)

Suzanne A.

OvationTix

Reviewed on 2019/08/10

Pros

The software is easy to use and if you're not familiar with it, easy to figure out. I like that you're able to export data. I also like that we receive updates on the changes and that they have "forums" to participate in on line.

Cons

On the "duplicate patrons" area, it would be nice if we were able to delete patrons right from this screen.

Response from AudienceView

Hi Suzanne. Thanks so much for your feedback! We are glad to hear that you find OvationTix easy to use. I have noted your feedback about duplicate patrons and will pass that on to the team!

Tim L.

Very easy to use online ticketing software.

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

The ability to easily use online from multiple computers and sources.

Pros

Ability to keep everything in order including our mailing list, donations, and selling of both regular and season tickets.

Response from AudienceView

Thanks so much Tim! We are glad to hear that OvationTix is a good fit for your organization. We continue to release new features, so keep an eye out for updates from your Customer Success Manager and our newsletter!

Steve S.

Transactions are fairly smooth, but there are occasional glitches.

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

Pros

The variety of patron information and the ability to look up patrons by a variety of means. Also, the ability to sort patrons by different categories is very helpful.

Cons

Live credit card transactions do not input names correctly. The first name is inputed as the last name; and vice versa. duplicate patrons are not listed chronologically which causes a lot of extra button clicking. I have complained about this before.

Response from AudienceView

Hi Steve! We appreciate the feedback, especially from a long-standing partner like the El Portal! Please don't hesitate to reach out to your Customer Success Manager when glitches arise. Best to you and the team!

Allan C.

Side by Side development and growth

Reviewed on 2016/09/21

As one of the busiest and most diverse theatres in the city of Chicago, the Athenaeum needed a complete ticketing and crm partner that could keep up with our volume as we continue to develop and grow. From the beginning at the first demo until today, the team at Ovationtix have met all of our challenges. They listen to the people that deal with their systems daily and willingly improve and update based on client feedback. Customer satisfaction is top drawer with Ovationtix.

Response from TheaterMania.com

Thanks Allan! It's a pleasure reading your feedback in this review and hearing it during in-person conversations with you and your colleagues in Chicago and on the "conference circuit." I'm proud you count OvationTix as a partner in your diversity and growth. - Joseph Yoshitomi, VP Marketing Strategy

Laura G.

User-friendly software and great customer support

Reviewed on 2016/06/04

Having worked on a half-dozen different ticketing platforms, Ovationtix is the most intuitive and easiest to learn. Setting up shows with many price points and discount codes is a breeze, and even the newest BO personnel can quickly figure out the process to sell a ticket. Their customer service is responsive and knowledgeable, and they are constantly updating and upgrading the system. They let you know when they are updating, and they walk you through new features as they debut.

Response from TheaterMania.com

We aim to make the software easy and intuitive for new users while offering scale and sophistication for those that have been our partners for a longer time. And our support team loves to hear your feedback. Thanks so much!