Little Hotelier

One solution to manage your property, bookings, and guests.

4 /5 (84 reviews) Write a Review!

4 /5
Christine S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Little hotelier makes bookings easy

Reviewed on 2021/03/27

Excellent service highly recommend

Pros

I cannot double book a room and customer service is excellent very patient even with a non computer geek like me

Cons

It tends to ask for the password every other day

Response from Little Hotelier

Hi Christine,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are so glad to hear our support team is doing their best to assist you.

For your security and that of your guest's data, we have a multi-factor authentication process that ensures your password is updated every 90 days. This is common best practice in any online system.

If you haven't updated your password at the 90 day point, it will prompt you to reset, which is easily done yourself in seconds. This may be why it's asking for a password. Once you reset it, there should be no issues moving forward.

If this isn't the case, please do reach out to our helpful support team who will help figure out this issue quickly.

Thank you again for working with us, Christine.

Warmest, Jessica

Stefano B.

VERY NICE BUT WITH INCREDIBLE HOLES

Reviewed on 2015/10/04

I am sorry, the team is really supportive. and I am sorry to send in this negative review. I like the overall tone of the app. the calendar part and the synking. but there are some INCREDIBLE FAULTS in the RESERVATION LIST page

I tried so many times to send out the message that the PAYMENTS PART needs some URGENT and I believe essential adjustments. I wasted time training, and setting up. and now I find out that it is totally hidden in THE RESERVATION LIST who paid and who paid what.

in the reservation list there is only the TOTAL AMONT DUE SHOWING, AND THE COLUMNS of the DEPOSIT AND THE BALANCE are hidden. this results in continuos risky, time consuming work inside the CALENDAR TIMELINE opening and closing all the bookings to find out who payd and who hasn't, who was processed in their credit cards and who sent in their bank transfers.

Where I work (boutique hotel in Brazil) there are no automatic processings of credit cards. so unless you have this feature you should not use this app. and the team of littlehotelier should not advise to use their app from the beginning I believe if you do not have API services.

which is what I really advise to do in Littlehotelier future because it was quite clarly stated to me that to adjust this function is not in their programs. which is quite amazing, in a negative way.

everything is set up to offer clarity of administrative vision. but for some reason they do not want to open up the columns of the deposit and the final payments.

after many messages the best reply I received was that Littlehoteliers are waiting for international similar requests.

I had the feeling that they were playing around with their start up forgetting that their clients' time is their focus.

Response from Little Hotelier

Hi Stefano,

Thank you for taking the time to review us - we appreciate your feedback and are really sorry to hear you are were not 100% happy.

Our customers' success is our sole focus. We spend time helping our customers utilise the system to it's full advantage, and try take on all of the admin work to set you up so that you see the benefits immediately, without disrupting your tight schedule. We know how busy our customers are.

With that in mind, we are really happy that you have decided to continue to partner with us and hope all is going well at Soleluna Casa Pousada.

We have taken your feedback on board and you will be pleased to know that we are releasing some great calendar improvements next week.

This includes the booking summary which is now even better than before.

Thank you again for your time in reviewing us! We are a quick call away should you need any help.

Best,
The Little Hotelier

Dirk H.

Ideal PMS

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

I started with Siteminder in 2008 and watched it develop over the years. Then it morphed into the PMS Littlehotelier which enabled me to go totally paperless and manage everything easily even from my mobile phone when I am away from the office.

Pros

It works, meaning it does a lot of work for you, saving you time and effort

Cons

Relatively expensive. The inventory page is slow to load.

Response from Little Hotelier

Hi Dirk,

Firstly, we want to thank you for being such a loyal customer and member of the Little Hotelier community! It's excellent that you've gotten such great results using our products.

We are always looking for ways to give our customers the best possible experience. As such, we regularly release products and have a dedicated support team.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you get the most out of your products. Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile.

Have a wonderful rest of your week ahead :)

Jen D.

Little Hotelier makes our small business more professional and cuts down administration time

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

Pros

It was easy to set up and is easy to use (for a non-technical person!) and it streamlines our booking process. It allowed me to set up an 'enquire only' on the booking engine so I can vet my guests and gave me the ability to use a pricing calculator for booking enquiries and the use of a compliant credit card system. It was good to link it to my Facebook page. It is very handy to have it on my mobile to use whenever and wherever I like.

Cons

My only problem is that it's not a channel manager and the calendar doesn't link to Air BnB and Stayz - I have to change the calendars individually for every booking. That's because I don't take direct online bookings and need to vet guests first, but it would be good to link the calendar bookings to i-Cal.

Response from Little Hotelier

Hi Jen,

Thanks for taking the time to review Little Hotelier.

It's great to hear that you had a good experience setting up the system and are enjoying the convenience of our app.

You'll be excited to hear that it was recently announced that Airbnb has chosen Little Hotelier to be the first channel manager with a real-time, two way connection. This will eliminate the need for an iCal connection as you can connect to Airbnb as a channel and your inventory will be automatically updated as a booking is made on Airbnb.

Your hotel will be able to apply to connect to Airbnb over the coming weeks when our connection live. Keep an eye out for the link on our website or communication via email.

Let me know if you require any more information.

Kaitlyn @ SiteMinder

Bruce P.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Too basic for modern hotel management

Reviewed on 2020/07/06

Generally it is very easy to use day to day for bookings and reservations. However, this really is the base line for any PMS and I expect more control and convenience to manage my property. Accordingly I am looking for a replacement.
Reservations does not handle groups well at all. You can book multiple rooms on one reservation but only if all guests arrive and depart on the same days. You can't split rooms off this one group res and you only get one bill for the entire group. You have to enter individual reservations to achieve any real functionality but there's not way to link or connect these independent res as a group.
Billing is far too basic. Room charging is fine but you can't charge for other ad-hoc items with any ease and rate changes across a stay are awkward to implement.
You can't split bills, can't move charges across rooms and the gust only gets one bill so no way to hide room rates or provide separate bills for company expenses and personal expenses.
Room/Rates configuration is also convoluted and requires constant manual work-arounds to function.
Reports are basic but useful. Unfortunately many times occ% and Avg Rates do not calculate accurately.

Pros

Easy to use dashboard and reservations control

Cons

Terrible (non-existent) groups control
Poor accounting and billing system
Complicated and inflexible rates control

Susana V.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Easy to use and cost effective

Reviewed on 2021/04/12

Very good.

Pros

- The fact that we don't have to insert the same information for repetitive guests. The info pops out as soon as we type the name of the booking.
- The fact that we don't pay commission for bookings coming from OTA's - we pay only a flat monthly fee
- The type of reports given
- So easy to use

Cons

- The fact that we have to create different bookings for same guest coming for interrupted dates (some guests leave for 1 night and then come back).
- The fact that we have to create different bookings for guests that move bedrooms. (some guests have to change rooms and the system doesn't allow the same booking to have a change of rooms or dates)

Response from Little Hotelier

Hi Susana,

We really appreciate your feedback and the time taken to share it. It's great to hear that Little Hotelier is helping you to save time, so you can focus on your guests. We are really glad you are able to manage your business cost-effectively with us.

In relation to your suggestion about creating different bookings for the same guests, this is something that has been considered by our product team.

We really appreciate your feedback and ongoing partnership.

Warmest,

Carol D.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great for managing bookings of my vila

Reviewed on 2021/03/28

Great experience it took a lot of time to learn the program but worth it. I tried others and very happy with what I ended up using LH

Pros

I like that I can call any time and receive back up or have questions answered.

Cons

There is a lot to learn not easy for me as I do not have a tech background. But with the help I am able to have confidence in the program.

Response from Little Hotelier

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, Carol.

We are really pleased to hear you are having great experience with our support team and Little Hotelier is helping you to manage all the booking easily. It's so important to us that we help all our customers, no matter what your background, get confident in using your system as easily as possible. Our online knowledge base has everything from Getting Started to individual feature sections with hundreds of practical articles with screenshots and videos to help. Here's the link: https://help.littlehotelier.com/

Apart from our friendly support team ever ready to help, you can access these online resources 24/7. We hope this is useful and thank you again for your trust in Little Hotelier, Carol!

Warmest, Jessica
Little Hotelier

Edward T.

Hospitality made esier

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

Being able to have all products in one place helps us run our business more efficiently. The ease of use in designing our web presence and having the bookings come though is wonderful.

Pros

We have been using Little Hotelier for 2 years and are very satisfied with the offerings they provide. We make use of all the products, payments, front desk, web site and channel manager. Having all this coordinated via one provider is perfect for our business.

Cons

There are some challenges at times, but the support team is spot on when getting things taken care of.

Response from Little Hotelier

Hi Edward,

Thank you so much for your awesome feedback. We are thrilled to hear you are having great results using Little Hotelier for all your needs.

We are always looking for ways to innovate and give our customers the best possible experience and our support team are always willing to help if you have any questions.

Thanks for trusting us to be your partner!

Modern software

Reviewed on 2018/04/07

tracking my holiday rental business

Pros

Little Hotelier is a good software for small hotels and self-catering properties. Great channel manager with a big number of booking sites/agents.

Cons

Little Hotelier is not providing booking calendar widgets codes for private websites made in Word Press.

Response from Little Hotelier

Hi there,

Thank you for reviewing Little Hotelier. We are pleased to hear that you have had a positive experience using Little Hotelier for your holiday rental business.

If you have any further feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the team.

The team @ Little Hotelier

Cathy B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Counter intuitive, frustrating and ENDLESSLY time consuming!

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

Pros

It is visually appealing (which unfortunately gave me false hope that it would be more user friendly), it is easy to add staff to it (even though they then don't have access to a user friendly platform without being on a laptop/desktop), their customer service seems helpful once you get them on the phone.

Cons

Counter intuitive, frustrating and ENDLESSLY time consuming. Sometimes things I expect will take me 10 minutes to change (like a discounted room for 4+ nights) ends up taking me 8+ hours.

The two people (including myself) who are in my office are both in our early 30's and are fairly tech savvy - growing up in the technological era. We spend a LOT of time discussing glitches, horrible lack of syncing, its counter-intuitive process and how often we spend HOURS on hold trying to reach someone in customer service. It even is lacking some very basic capabilities like being able to add links or images to auto emails which send to guests after they book a room.

I really wish I had chosen another company to work with. I can't imagine a worse one out there but I don't have the time now to change over all of our information to a new system so I am trapped with them for the time being.

I would HIGHLY recommend you look in to alternatives before choosing Little Hotelier.

Aidan F.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

A very streamlined process both front of house and back of house.

Reviewed on 2018/05/30

Pros

Little Hotelier is a very easy system to use and has 90% of the functionality required to operate an accommodation business.

Cons

Little Hotelier currently does not connect with any EPOS systems which is a shame. It would be great if there are future developments for this integration.

Kerrie P.

Little hotelier useful tool

Reviewed on 2021/03/30

Usually good customer services through the chat, did have hold up with couple of things but were resolved in the end
Like being able to edit own website and update as needed

Pros

Good to access on phone also to use the live chat

Cons

Would benefit if days on app/phone were highlighted where you had bookings as if you can not remember dates guests book you have to scroll through

Response from Little Hotelier

Dear Kerrie, Thank you for your review on Little Hotelier! Our team continue to work hard at making your product and customer service experience a strong one. Our 24/7 live chat is proving helpful to many customers globally.

On your suggestion to highlight date of bookings, our product team will look at it further.

Thank you for your partnership, Kerrie. Please let me know if there's anything else we can assist with.
Warmest, Jessi

Mark B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Lack of communication and help

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

Painful, you email them they don't respond they make it difficult to talk to certain departments within the company i.e can't ring the accounts department only email.
They went out of their way to get us on board then the communication stops!

Pros

The integration was very hard work with very little help from Little Hotelier

Cons

very antiquated, need to add a lot more features this is an ongoing matter they just keep saying their working on it!
They go into my bank account and take money for cancelled bookings when their non refundable and the guest where no shows

Abubakr M.

HORRIBLE.

Reviewed on 2018/08/03

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

The sales staff are bad, they will sell anything to you by talking rubbish and making up fibs.

John N.

PMS System

Reviewed on 2016/01/29

We have been working with LH now for about 6 months. The system runs smoothly and is pretty straight forward in its use. We have experienced some shortcomings but there development team has been creating some new solutions and updates to keep things in check. Overall a very nice solution.

Response from Little Hotelier

Hi John,

Thank you for your review!

We appreciate the time you've taken to share your experience.

Werner P.

Good reliable booking solution

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

We wish that LH doesn't make the software too sophisticated because it wouldn't help.

Pros

- The service for setting up this software was outstanding. We came from an other nonfunctional very expensive software solution and there was no problem for the customer service to take the database over to the LH system. It is very easy to handle.

Cons

There are still some little software improvements to do. Invoicing to travel agents, direct email from the system to guest about the booking and changes they make along the way. Mapping could be easier.
Too many nonsense emails from the support.

Response from Little Hotelier

Hi Werner,

Thank you for taking the time to review Little Hotelier, we really appreciate it.

Our system has been purposely designed to be easily understood by all users so we're pleased to hear that you find our system intuitive and user-friendly and our on-boarding process smooth.

We are always looking for ways to continually improve our users' experience, so we appreciate your feedback.

Karl C.

The Cabins at Cloudcroft

Reviewed on 2021/03/22

We love LH and have had several chances to change providers. With the exception of the two issues above, we would not change.

Pros

It's easy to use, the reports are on the spot, and the online interface (booking button) is top-notch. Customer service is some of the best I have experienced.

Cons

I do not like that I cannot combine duplicate guest records. Every time a reservation is made and there is something as simple as a changed "-" or period, a new customer record is made and the previous reservations tied to the first customer record are not coupled. This is a big time-waster for me, especially when I am making reservations. Having to thumb through multiple records when I have multiple customers who come in from Mexico and El Paso who have the same first and last names.

The final thing that we need is the ability to blacklist a customer record. There are customers who have caused damages, etc. who we do not want back and we currently have no way to quickly search this, especially with multiple records from the same customer. We need to have the online system check our database, look for a blacklist selection, and refuse the reservation and have them call the office, then we can decide to rent to them or charge cleaning/damage fees or deposits at booking.

Response from Little Hotelier

Hi Karl,

Thank you so much for your insightful feedback. We are so glad to hear you are happy with our booking engine and our support team.

Working on improving our customers' experience is always a collaborative journey for us, so on your point on duplications and blacklists, we've shared your recommendations with our product team's for consideration alongside other customer's suggestions.

Thank you again for choosing Little Hotelier, Karl.

Kindest,

Kari N.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Overall great product, some multi-language options can be improved.

Reviewed on 2021/03/30

Pros

Great customer service, very customizable, integrates seamlessly with our webpage

Cons

We have clients who speak English and Spanish. By changing the language in front desk there is a long delay before the language change is reflected on the invoices and hotel confirmations. It would be ideal if there was a way to detect the language of the user and send documents in their language of choice for best communication.

Response from Little Hotelier

Dear Karl,
We're really happy that you're satisfied with your Little Hotelier product and service experience! We're also glad to note that our work on multi-lingual enhancements in product and through our support team is meeting your needs.

Your suggestion about auto-detecting user language of your guests is certainly an interesting one that we'll share with the product team for consideration. Your point on a delay for language changeover is also something we'll look into.
Thanks again for your feedback and suggestions! Do let me know if there's anything else you might need help with, Karl.
Warmest regards, Mei

Lisa F.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Fantastic tool for hotel room inventory management

Reviewed on 2021/03/30

Very positive, the software generally suits all our needs as a small property and the support team is always very helpful.

Pros

The integrated features that link to all channel and our website, saving an enormous amount of time through automatics inventory updates and automatic emails to guests

Cons

The booking window could be expanded especially with the disruption of Covid some guests are tying to book more than 2 years from the current date..

Response from Little Hotelier

Dear Lisa, Thanks so much for sharing your review on Little Hotelier. The team are really thrilled that automation and integrations are creating incredible time savings for you! On booking windows expanding to 2 years, that certainly is an interesting suggestion. Hopefully, it will not be a lasting trend. SiteMinder's World Hotel Index data of live-booking information, indicates good news for Spain in a shorter time period! As of today, 6 April 2021, we can see booking momentum hit its peak for travellers to Spain between April to October 2021. Bookings from international guests are tracking to move from 25% to 75% by October. This is great news!

Thanks again, Lisa. We appreciate your feedback.
Warmest, Mei

Kl R.

Love the team and staff but functionality is a real issue

Reviewed on 2018/07/09

Pros

Its easy to use and navigate and customer service is excellent, I like the team and the management and that they are based in Australia.

Cons

I am sorry to leave negative feedback as customer service is excellent but I have tried to contact directly 4 times (twice of those in writing) to prompt your software development team to fix some really basic functionality issues:
1. Automated Guest Letters - This is a basic function available in any hotel management system but Little Hotellier is the most limited I have seen.
- There are no "fields" that you can import from the booking itself. For example, if you want to set up an automated "guest arrival letter", you cannot import guest name, check in date or check out date, or check in time. What is the point of this letter if it needs to be so generic that it cannot confirm with a guest their name, date of arrival or anything specific about their booking? I am honestly so surprised by this as the other systems we use are much more advanced than this. This means I must leave a note in my diary to send a personalised letter to each guest on their day of check in confirming their booking details.
- The automated letters do not leave a note with the reservation itself. Again any other system I have used, you can click on the reservation and see the correspondance they have received from us. Its impossible to know if they received any letters or not.
- No option for custom letters.
If this is not sorted out soon I will have no option but to change systems as we are getting busier and its making our procedures so clunky and inefficient.

Dan & joanie P.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Little Hotelier could not have arrived at a better time.

Reviewed on 2016/08/02

After spending one month with front office manager we added OTAs. Two days before our second month ended I had to get surgery on my foot. I am now in the 5th week of having to spend 7 weeks with my foot elevated 23 1/2 hours a day. Because of little hotelier I have been able to run the office and manage the OTAs from my bed and the couch. July is traditionally one of our 3 slowest months. Despite my Recuperation restrictions we closed July with 87.6 % occupancy. How many times do you get to lay in bed for a month and earn a bonus.

Pros

I like to be able to view the calendar wherever I am, in order to check availability . My wife and I also give it a quick look in the morning and plan for the day. Second I love the reports key. I can check income, statistics and break them down in so many ways in seconds. It is great to be able to rattle off numbers to my boss at the drop of a hat. Third I have been very successful filling up rooms by running last minute specials on the OTAs. It only takes a few seconds to advertise world wide . I can also cancel them just as fast.

Cons

I would like to be able to remove any reservation or payment in cause of last minute change. Once you check someone in you can't reverse it. I would like to have a master code to check credit card information instead of having to go to my e-mail for a new code each time. One other very small item that is just a pet peeve but I wish it would auto format the phone numbers.

Response from Little Hotelier

Hi Dan & Joanie,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review us, we appreciate it.

We are so glad to hear how happy you are with Little Hotelier.

We have taken on board your feedback and will look to implement these features in the near future to make the operation of your property easier for you.

Regards,

Justin R.

Great System and Support

Reviewed on 2016/01/26

We recently transitioned our property to this software and we are pleased with the software. As with any system, there are little things that could be adjusted or added that would make this a 5 star system, but at this time they are not implemented or available. Housekeeping report is very basic. Adjusting the rates is very easy and pushes out to all connected channels correctly. Guest emails and communication is good but could be better and more customization would be an added benefit. Adjusting inventory is a great feature as well and you can control what the OTA's get and stop sells and other features as well. Monthly sales and tax reporting is very basic and needs some added calculations for different tax rates so no manual calculation would be necessary. Color coding could be better to help show room status and payment status is done with a flag, but color coding is easier to read. As one review stated earlier, the reporting is very slim and lacking and mine does not work correctly, but I can get the numbers from other parts of the reporting or do a manual calculation and get the number I am looking for but its most likely a little bug that would be easy to fix. Overall, we are very pleased with this software and the integration with OTA channels and our website works like a charm. The only other complaint I would have would be the integration with the payment processor. We are doing this manually and it is working fine but integration with the software would be extremely great and save errors when reconciling. They say they are working on getting relationships for this service, so we will wait and see how that goes. I would recommend this company to new and future companies who want to integrate and move to a computer system for smaller properties.

Response from Little Hotelier

Hi Justin,

Thank you for taking the time to review us - we really appreciate your feedback!

We have taken your comments on board and you will be pleased to know that we are working on an integrated payment solution that will be available very soon. You'll be able to process payments in a click!

Our product team is working hard to continuously improve and evolve our solution and our product roadmap details some very exciting features. This includes more comprehensive reporting, guest profiles, apps and so much more. The first release of these improvements is Monday. (!)

We want to take the time to thank you for partnering with us and look forward to helping in your success this year.

Please don't hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of help!

Angela K.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Beware: Track your payments

Reviewed on 2020/02/16

Unsatisfactory. Still waiting for accounts payable that are due over 90 days.

Pros

Looks good and easy to use. The software is much better than some of the hack channel managers available.

Cons

The problem is the service behind the software. After the initial period of on-boarding, there is no responsive account representative, it is very difficult to get technical support and impossible on the financial end.
We experienced double bookings due to glitching of the channel manager and booking engine. Technical support failed to take responsibility, simply blaming the OTAs .
On the financial side, Siteminder (the company behind Little Hotelier) has taken deposit payments from customers on our behalf and failed to on-ward transfer them. Accounts are due over 90 days. Advice: monitor all your set up and financial integration very closely.

Response from Little Hotelier

Hi Angela,

Firstly, I am so sorry that we had not suitably resolved your outstanding issue with payments and that you felt you have not received the highest level of support to resolve the issues promptly.

I have personally escalated this to our senior payment specialist, who has been in touch. Unfortunately this issue involves Stripe, therefore we had to work with them to resolve the issue that occurred.

I am pleased to let you know the issue is resolved on our end, and the funds should have been promptly returned.

We thank you for your continued patience as we worked with Stripe to get this resolved.

If there's anything else I can do, please let me know, Angela.

Sincerely,

Misha Stemper

Jesper N.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

simple but powerful

Reviewed on 2019/07/13

Pros

it is simple to use but still very powerful! all your needs in one little package!

Cons

nothing, at has everything you need for your daily work.

Response from Little Hotelier

Hi Jesper,

First of all, thanks so much for taking time out to review us! We really appreciate your insightful feedback and certainly hope we can keep focusing on improving your experience.

It's excellent that you've gotten great results using the product! Thanks again for being a customer. It means a lot to us.

Have a great rest of your week :)

Ruth A.

Could be better but ok!

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

Overall, particularly in the last 6 months, it has been very frustrating using the software, due to being very slow, needing to refresh the page after very small periods of time (ie less than 10 mins). The screen is also not complete, unable to fully view guest details in rooms that are high up the page when you want to have a quick view. However it is an easy system to use ( when functioning properly) and the team do add new features from time to time, which do improve the experience. More is required though to really make it user friendly and suitable for a busy small business.

Pros

Easy to learn and use. I like the reports page to be able to track year on year growth.

Cons

Very slow, and not as many features as I would like and have had with previous similar software.

Response from Little Hotelier

Hi Ruth,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We really appreciate your comments and we're sorry to hear that your experience with us didn't live up to our usual standards.

We have passed this onto our team who will urgently try to reach out to you within the day. In the meantime, if you have a preferred contact email or phone number for us to reach you on, please direct message us and we'll make sure to use this.

Kindly let me know if there's anything else I can help you with to give you a great experience with Little Hotelier. We thank you again for trusting us as a customer and look forward to solving your issues.

All the best,