GoConqr

Social learning platform for educators & learners

Oussama M.

Goconqr, Changing the classroom, one student at a time.

Reviewed on 2016/09/27

I began experimenting with Goconqr last year by making my own flashcards to give the students as I have an interactive whiteboard but the students do not have access to computers in the classroom with limited success as I would use it to summarise the topics and as revision for exams.
However it is only this year that I have dramatic results. In most cases students are smarter than teachers in the use of technology but they don't use it for education and teachers are teaching the same way they were taught 30 years ago. Goconqr has been the great equaliser and has helped not only my top students but those students who are from mt lower ability classes
I started the year by showing them the site, how to register and than how to create firstly minmaps, than flash cards followed by slideshares and quizzes. I constantly provide feedback to my students and here is where it gets really interesting. I started to streamline the process by getting students to do 20 questions with answers on each chapter, basically providing a summary of each chapter and I would review it.. Almost immediately the students marks started to improve but where the improvement was most dramatic was when I told the students that wherever possible they would have to include diagrams which really helped reinforce concept. I would then on a regular basis use students work as a summary to either begin or end each days lessons. I than found something quite strange starting to happen, students would make friends with each other and would form groups and would attempt each others flashcards, mindmaps and quizzes. The site started to take a mind of its own with myself acting as interloper. I on person stopped making any flashcards myself and just started directing the students with encouragement. Students would start to use printed versions of the flashcards to revise for exams on the way to school and started to use the same technique for their other subjects as well. The biggest improvement however cam from my lower ability classes who used the Goconqr site and the flashcards to help them use their time more wisely and their marks improved accordingly.
Some suggestions could be a pause button on the mindmap, a voice over to be able to read the flashcards for the teacher and the ability to be able to import content from word or another website.
Overall this is an amazing site which has enabled students to utilise their computer skills to make learning fun and has improved their marks greatly

Paul M.

Easy to use and comprehensive to drive content development and delivery

Reviewed on 2016/09/06

Amazing product, with a host of features and functionality, tools to develop content and platform to deliver a social learning experience for all our staff

Pros

It's free, great tool, great integration and great product

Cons

None

Response from ExamTime

Thanks Paul, appreciate the feedback!

Natalie L.

Thankful to have!

Reviewed on 2016/09/22

We searched several Mind-mapping softwares...and this one is great. We do have a few features we wish were available:

1). Ability to label a picture
2). Create an independent node
3). Resize final image for printing
4). Ability to move nodes/images to the foreground or background when layering.

Pros

Ease of use. The output design and how the nodes work.

Cons

Inability to move nodes/images to front or back
Inability to create independent nodes
Inability to label a picture
Would love final pdf to be sizable or rotatable.

Viswanath H.

Good tool to reviewing my sons progress

Reviewed on 2016/09/12

I used this online tool for preparing quizzes for my son. This app is good and helped me to accomplish this task. I could hold my son's interest in the subjects with the interactive quizzes and the scoring and the timings kept him on toes to complete. I was able to make him read in this summer.
The only problem I faced was while using the mind mapping which usually was hanging and I was not able to complete my projects. Since I did not have any intermediate saving options, I would loose few things every time the app would hang.

Pros

easy to create and share. multiple options for creating the quizzes

Cons

hangs a lot

Jamie M.

From Jamie

Reviewed on 2016/09/27

Good so far. Would love to see the web system improved. I need to have more control over it in order to have a choice of direction. I wonder too, if a person could download a web outline and then conform it to open up nodes as he/she feels fit. hat do you think? Also, as so many of my students use quizlet, there is nothing separating your program from this. Finally, the notes are great, but again, if you can configure this so that notes fly in or out as you design it (kind of like what happens, if you want in Powerpoints), that would help to enhance learning.

Marina V.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Great service

Reviewed on 2016/10/17

Good service and ease in building schemes, you can add pictures, write text. Good for projects and design presentations.

Jeremy P.

Quicker Ways to Create Flashcard Decks?

Reviewed on 2016/09/08

Overall the experience is great - I use it to study foreign language vocabulary and standard concepts for a management course. If GoConqr were able to offer flashcard decks and mind maps that went along with standard college or grad school course curricula and material organized by course or book I think it would VASTLY improve and make the program much more popular.

Maryam S.

Really Awesome!

Reviewed on 2016/09/27

It is really easy to create assessments :) Thank you for that!
If you can please also add matching type of question field in quizzes, that would be great :)

Thanks

Pros

Easy to Copy Quizzes
Nice and Clear Design

Cons

None

Nikolas R.

Teacher review of Goconqr

Reviewed on 2016/09/23

Good overall. Would be useful if I could insert images between texts when creating a note. There is also no option to import text from MS word to create multiple choice questions. Better traking of students analytics would be useful.

Norman M.

Transformed our company knowledge share

Reviewed on 2016/09/07

Using GoConqr has allowed us to share knowledge a lot easier across the team. It's great to be able to share and get opinions and feedback. Team members are relished their opportunity to share their expertise as well, so its benefits everybody.

Pros

Social aspect of learning, its encourages everybody to get involved. Its also so easy to use, just sign in and get started.

Cons

None

Larisa H.

Great way to learn!

Reviewed on 2016/09/22

GoConqr has been great for our students. They feel motivated and engaged with their learning. Easy to use and with access everywhere!

Pros

It is easy to use and lets share a lot of resources!

Cons

Some minor trouble with connection.

Cristina G.

Review language teaching

Reviewed on 2016/09/27

Students are registred to many 2.0 tools. If would be great if you could sign up using for example an edmodo account.

• Used Other for 1+ year

More than a quiz software

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

My students really liked it and created a great gamification environment among them.

Pros

So many options and customization. Really like to see other teachers work and being able to share mine with them. Love it to create interactive lessons and gave it to students to create quizzes and tools for studying.

Cons

Sometimes is hard to find material for specific subjects but probably because of the way teachers upload their content. Maybe they should benefit from growing their community.

Patrick B.

A Very Good Resource For Students and Teachers

Reviewed on 2016/09/23

I have been using GoConqr with my 6th year computer class as I always try to show LC students some good ways of studying and revising using online resources as well as Office software.

My class this year are very positive about the site, particularly as it offers a lot of free content. I would have a quite mixed economic profile in the group and some may move up to the paid version but many will be very happy with the basic+. The basic is limited enough in terms of the 3 subjects but they have plenty of friends to email for the basic+ upgrade.

As a teachers we are always reluctant to set up a group with our pupils but they are well used to social media and some study groups have been started among themselves.

I find creating the resources intuitive and easy to pick up. Like all revision aides it is up to the person themselves to review their quiz, mindmaps or flash cards. You can only lead the horse to the water, and I feel your water is very good!

My main suggestion is a way for teachers to share resources with pupils via a link that could be shared via our network folder (On a Word doc say) without us needing to have student's personal emails. (Our kids don't have school mail addresses as yet).

Good luck with your product for the future!

Pros

Free version has a lot in it. Study calendar links to subjects.

Cons

Always nervous about any 'Social Media' element such as comments.

Mukundhan C.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Goconqr review

Reviewed on 2016/09/08

Goconqr has helped me immensely in exam preparation. It helps me in creating customized notes.it also helps me to revise on the go.

Pros

Ease of use;
Mobile app
Quiz feature

Cons

Difficult to view images with detailed content;
Inability to put in equations

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

GoConqr gives you tons of great tools

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

GoConqr was a pleasant surprise for me because of all the great tools that it provides -- many of which are free. GoConqr is great for making things such as learning courses, flash cards, and flow charts. Plus you get access to other content that the community has created.

Cons

It's hard to complain too much, but some of the tools such as the flow-chart maker aren't quite as polished as other offerings. That being said, it's hard to beat the value of having so many great tools for free.

Carina C.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Almost there for study groups

Reviewed on 2016/09/08

Overall good experience, I would love to encourage using this more for study groups but I think it is almost there.

Pros

Sharing content/information. Finding information from other users.

Cons

Courses not on mobile yet (can't add questions/comments to a course). Needs better usability for study groups not following a strict curriculum (school, work).

Cong L.

The best web ever for studying and teaching!

Reviewed on 2016/09/24

Good points:
- It's very convenient to use a complex of tools (slide, mindmap, note, quiz...) that supports teaching and studying.
- I'm able to create a variety of questions with different formats (Multiple Choice, Fill-in Blank...)
- I can use the product with its app everytime.
Not good points:
- I can't add video or audio into listening tests or quizzes.

Sybil A.

Excellent and versatile.

Reviewed on 2016/09/24

GoConqr is a great app for organizing and sharing resources. A great wY to teach students how to organize there own work!