GrowthZone

Full association mgmt. with built-in Marketing Automation

Kayla T.

Great organization for my membership.

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

Pros

Very easy to pull up members accounts, billing information, general contact information, and the reps information. Making membership mailing labels and membership reports is very easy with this software. I use this software to easily find any membership representative information I need. This software has also made it easy to look up and find a member.

Cons

The only con I have for this software would be the new update, i'm so used to the old version it'll take time to learn the updated.

Mandy S.
  • Industry: Government Relations

GrowthZone is a Game Changer

Reviewed on 2021/03/19

I think our entire team has been extremely please with our entire experience. The customer support and attention to what customers want and implementing just that is fantastic. There's a few features that we'd love to see some improvements in (communications, reporting, and marketing automation).

Pros

The overall integration is fantastic and we love the customer support and the ability for us to submit an idea for improvement and for it to more often that not be put into development or rolled out fairly soon after.

Cons

There are a few newer features that just need a bit more development, mainly revolving around communication analytics. We'd love to use GrowthZone exclusively for our communications, but they just don't have the analytical reports we need. Right now we use Constant Contact, which GrowthZone has a great syncing feature with.

Val D.

Could be great with a little work

Reviewed on 2021/03/19

We chose GZ because it offered us the ability to use the same company for website development and hosting and AMS system ensuring compatibility. We are very happy with the look and feel of our website and the CMS used to manage it. Our migration to GZ for the AMS side was rocky at best. Our project manager had never gone through a detailed conversion before. While she was very service oriented and nice to work with, her inexperience caused many issues. We like GZ's ability to give a good view of member activity. I like that when I am on the phone with a member, I can see their engagement, make notes, and create follow up task items. G

Pros

The user interface, look, and feel of the back end. Also like the ability to integrate with the company website to create a good member only user experience. It also has a pretty good project management system, though it desperately needs push notifications via email. The only notification it provides is a badge count on the top menu of the software. So if you are disciplined to check there, the PM works well. GZ also has a certification/continuing education component which we find valuable.

Cons

Customer support needs work. GZ is very slow to respond to issues. Many times entered tickets are not responded to (first response) for 3 or more days (I am not counting the automated message generated that the ticket was received and someone would review). And, when the "front line" or 1st level support team reaches out, frequently they aren't completely familiar with the ins and outs of the software, so the first 3 emails or 15 minutes of the call are spent teaching them how the system works. The communications functionality has a great vision, but is inconsistent and extremely buggy. It is difficult and many times impossible to send a merged email to multiple members. Members get emails or newsletters with the fields not merged properly. It feels like the database was not developed with a vision and as the software was enhanced and features added, bandaids were placed on the tables to make them work together. Field naming is inconsistent and many times not working as a true relational database. Feels like a consequence of growing quickly and not having one responsible group overseeing the programming growth. Different naming philosophy throughout different modules.

Jodi B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

So many great features, user-friendly and great customer service!

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

GrowthZone has allowed us to automate our billing and then exports all financial data to Quick Books. Provides a very nice member area with a user forum. Also does a great job with set up and execution of our events.

Pros

That it provides all the tools we need on a daily basis and yet it is very user friendly.

Cons

Honestly, do not have a bad thing to say at this point.

Krisann D.

The Right Software for Our Needs

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

This software has been beneficial in tracking attendance, registration details, sponsors, and necessary comments for our events. The newest updates make our sponsor lists look awesome! As a membership database, it is easy to navigate and track member engagement.

Pros

This software is versatile, allowing us to use it in a variety of tasks including marketing, data collection, event registration, member communications, and website integration. We specifically like the data collection and event registration because we can keep registrations, sponsors, and comments together.

Cons

We find the reporting module to be overwhelming--almost too versatile. There are more ways to come up with a report than we wish to explore. It would be easier if simplified.

There are a few small items, such as not being able to delete a block of old events. Currently, past member events stack up in our calendar and must be deleted individually.

Caitlin H.

User-friendly member management system

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

Excellent experience to date - great customer assistance and training modules. Still learning and loving the program.

Pros

The database is easy to navigate, member profiles are clear with the ability to add a lot of information, performing tasks within the database is easy.

When we were in the set-up process, customizations were easily configured and GrowthZone / ChamberMaster customer assistance team were great to work with.

Cons

There are lots of reports to choose from, but reporting direct from a Member profile would be a great option.

Vilija J.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

MemberZone has been an Asset so far! Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

We switched over our database and website management platform from another company who just wasn't cutting it, and MZ's customer service is probably the best I've seen anywhere. They're polite, intelligent, and easy to work with. They answered all of our questions quickly and are always making suggestions for ways in which their system is limited. The database could use an update... it's not always easy to find what you need and may not be perfect, but they do make continuous updates. The website portion is pretty good, and we've gotten very positive feedback from our members. The price is reasonable for what you get. We've heard they came out with a more user-friendly platform, so hopefully we'll check that out at some point. We love their chat system, and they also communicate via email and phone so you have options!

Pros

The wide range of features and the ease of making updates to the website.

Cons

Certain limitations to the features, like a better method of organizing sub companies and reps in different company locations

Marie C.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Robust MemberZone Package Makes Chamber Management a Breeze

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

We've been using MemberZone for our business chamber for a few years now, and we have thoroughly enjoyed this package. We are a growing organization and the software really helps us stay on top of things. We especially like the thorough customer service and the different ways of getting assistance when we need it. Training and help services are outstanding! The content management system is relatively easy to navigate. We would highly recommend MemberZone to other chambers or business associations.

Pros

Great customer support. Terrific flow between content management and database. Unlimited cloud storage.

Cons

I would like a more robust search engine and ability to filter search criteria. There is some need for a more advanced editor.

Karen K.
  • Industry: Public Policy

Great product at great value

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Pros

The great support, on-going, professional, always there to address your questions and very interested in your feedback and experience. Good value.

Cons

The communications functions could be better - do not use communications as much as I would like since so many emails are not received. Also, does not provide for ability to re-send an email.

Beatrice O.

Meets the needs of our members

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Overall, our experience has been quite good. The support is fairly quick and helpful. The transition to our new website was so easy, bordered on painless.

Pros

GrowthZone does a very good job of meeting the needs of our members. The members can register for events, update their listing on our website, and find valuable information in the member profile. These ensure value for our members - a benefit we can highlight.

Cons

The software does not offer as robust a database as I would like. We do have some work-arounds to ensure that we capture needed data.

Kristen O.

Best membership software out there!

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

When I first joined our organization, we used spread sheets to track all of our members and events. It took some coaxing, but I was finally able to convince our board to invest in membership software...and I am so thankful they said yes! Memberzone has been a God send! Not only does the system make my daily tasks and communication with members much easier, it gives us a totally professional appearance! I can't say enough about how great this system has been for our organization. It's like having another employee and the customer service is the best! If you aren't using this software, you are working too hard!

Pros

It makes my life so much easier! It's like having another employee

Cons

It doesn't integrate that well with quickbooks. It's very time consuming transferring between the 2 programs and as much as I love it, it's not cheap.

Laura Y.

Great Intergration

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Growth zone has given our Chamber the product to be streamlined and efficient. I love the ability to control and update our website so easily! Credit card procesing is clean, easy to use, and provides a smooth transaction as well as easy of paperwork.

Pros

Love the new features popping up all the time, constantly keeping up with the demand of society. The intgration of this product with our Chamber website and credit card processing has made office work run smoothly.

Cons

I don't have any cons after unisng this software for over 5 years.

Katrina W.

Worth the time to research for your company

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

I appreciate the ease of RSVP setups for events.

Pros

I appreciate the time and efforts the GrowthZone team puts into each of their customers. They are willing to listen to your needs and if possible make the adjustments.

Cons

We house a state society of 3,000 members, it is easy to have duplicate accounts for our members.

Pam S.

Ease of Handling Chamber Memberships

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

It is a great product. Always willing to listen to what the users suggest and implementing changes to enhance the experience.

Pros

Accessing the Members information , ease of invoicing & variety of functions that are available.

Cons

It is not as easy for a Non-Member to use for events during registration.

Chelsea W.

Chamber Master

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

Overall my experience has been positive. The ease of use is perfect for small and large Chambers.

Pros

Chambermaster is an industry must-have! Everything you need to run a Chamber of Commerce is available to you with this product. It is easy to learn and provides customizable options for your individual needs.

Cons

The newsletter feature. I wish there were more editing capabilities. Templates are great, but being able to start from scratch and create your own design would be amazing.

Kalli L.

Pretty easy transition

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

There are so many things you can customize to your needs. Setting up an event is awesome, you can create a guest list, sponsorship goals, attendance goals, you can even create and invitation and send it out all in the same place.

Cons

Pros and cons are kind of like a double edged sword with GZ there are so many different ways to do things and so many options that taking the time to learn them all are a must, otherwise you'd be missing out on a lot of great features. Very time consuming.

Justine V.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Donor Mangagement - This is a must!

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

Pros

This is ideal for all non-profit needs. Donor management, advertising or marketing, even keeping track of fundraising goals.

Cons

I have no cons with this software. I think it's an excellent tool for anyone to use. It's comparable with many other database management software, but I really like the interface and experience.

Alexandria G.

New to Memberzone

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

I am the new office assistant here within my organization and new to the Memberzone software. I am a fast learner and feel that I have been able to adapt to Memberzone and all of it's features pretty well. I know there's still a lot to learn with all of the gadgets available through Memberzone, but I will say I am impressed. I am looking forward to learning more of the ins and outs to better my organization and use of the database.
On thing we are trying to push here at our organization is our Member involvement with Memberzone itself. There are a lot of great tools available to our members, it's just a matter of getting them involved.
Shout out to the Memberzone customer support, they are always there to answer and questions and guide me through the site when needed.

Suzanne B.

We're in the Zone

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

I've been a Member Zone user now in two separate organizations, and for even just the small handful of functions that we use, we're finding it very helpful in keeping our billing and receivables, plus our member contacts, very much in order. We have plans to continue to utilize even more functions as we continue to update and upgrade our administrative operations.

Pros

Enjoy the ease in record keeping, filtering reports, and bundling cover letters into emails.

Cons

There's no automatic save in the subpages for each member account. Sometimes when I'm updating one page and need to update another, I switch tabs and forget to save what I just did. Then I have to go back later when I realize my edits didn't save.

Victoria P.

GrowthZone has a lot of reports and features that we use on a daily basis.

Reviewed on 2017/06/27

Pros

I like the calendar that syncs with our website to tell members of our upcoming events. It is easy to input descriptions and details. I like that it's an easy template and that you can copy past events.

Cons

GrowthZone does not recognize our affiliate members. These are members underneath our associate or builder members. They are still part of our association and have to be manually added to all reports.

Brenda F.

Great Power for a Good Price

Reviewed on 2017/06/27

We came out of the dark ages into current technology with a little bit of an investment but well worth it in the long run! Stay away from overpriced solutions. GrowthZone can do the same or more at reasonable rates.

Pros

Easy to learn. Flexible and forgiving. Easy set up and maintenance. Great web platform will make a rookie into a web master in no time. I'd recommend this for small to medium trade or professional associations in a heartbeat.

Cons

Some things are fixed and can't be customized. The member types are one of them but you can figure out a workaround for your particular situation.

Barbara C.

Best Association Software money can buy.

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

Memberzone has simplified our lives. Dues invoicing, member database, web content management, accepting payments at events with no back office input necessary. I can't say enough about this software. It does everything promised and more. Our member records have never been this easy to handle. Support service is excellent and quick. The training videos are a great resource when training a new employee. We've all used other software and this is the most user-friendly any of us has ever used.

Pros

Cons

nothing

Kate P.

Great Software for Associations

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

We are very pleased with our experience with Growth Zone. The entire process was very streamlined and everyone has been amazingly helpful with answering all of our many questions!

Pros

Ease of registering for events and paying online

Cons

There are a few minor things specific to our association that are not offered. But as a nice feature they have a "suggestion box" and we have submitted a few ideas.

Daniel J.

Great Support, Great software

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

As a new employee for a small association, Memberzone has has proven a great resource time and time again.
The support system is brilliant and you really get your moneys worth from their team. I have personally called in several time with some easy and some hard questions. You can really tell customer service is at the forefront of their jobs, they don't rush and spend plenty of time addressing your needs. They email you a response after your call in review which is also a great feature.
The software itself works well, it has lots of applications which can be daunting at first but there are training videos, seminars and walk through guides for most issues. I feel as though I'm just scratching the surface with the functionality of the software and what it has to offer. It certainly makes maintaining a database where constant entries and removals are required much easier than software I have used in the past. The reporting/analysis section offered is comprehensive and easy to use.
In conclusion, It is expensive, and this is relative compared to the size of your organization but it offers so much that its totally worth the price tag.

Bob W.

Best Solution on the Market

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

Comprehensive solution with responsive customer service and genuine desire to continuously improve based on customer needs and feedback.