GrowthZone Reviews

GrowthZone

Full association management with built in Sales Funnel Mgmt.

4.4/5 (77 reviews)
Lisa P.

Memberzone works well for Business Associations

Reviewed on 2017/02/20

We have been using Memberzone for the last 4 years and have found they offer products that grow as our organization has grown. We are able to pick the modules that meet our business needs. We also like the fact that we do not have to sign long term contracts that would lock us into products that would become obsolete and fail to meet our needs. We appreciate the fact that they are continuing to improve the tools based on customer feedback and needs as well.

Pros

Pros of the software include the customer support. Since we are an all volunteer organization, training, knowledge transfer and stability of the system are important to us.

Cons

Cons of the software are I would like some additional user levels for the administration staff so we can easily track what volunteers to and better protect our data from lower level volunteers

Vilija J.

MemberZone has been an Asset so far! Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

We switched over our database and website management platform from another company who just wasn't cutting it, and MZ's customer service is probably the best I've seen anywhere. They're polite, intelligent, and easy to work with. They answered all of our questions quickly and are always making suggestions for ways in which their system is limited. The database could use an update... it's not always easy to find what you need and may not be perfect, but they do make continuous updates. The website portion is pretty good, and we've gotten very positive feedback from our members. The price is reasonable for what you get. We've heard they came out with a more user-friendly platform, so hopefully we'll check that out at some point. We love their chat system, and they also communicate via email and phone so you have options!

Pros

The wide range of features and the ease of making updates to the website.

Cons

Certain limitations to the features, like a better method of organizing sub companies and reps in different company locations

Marie C.

Robust MemberZone Package Makes Chamber Management a Breeze

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

We've been using MemberZone for our business chamber for a few years now, and we have thoroughly enjoyed this package. We are a growing organization and the software really helps us stay on top of things. We especially like the thorough customer service and the different ways of getting assistance when we need it. Training and help services are outstanding! The content management system is relatively easy to navigate. We would highly recommend MemberZone to other chambers or business associations.

Pros

Great customer support. Terrific flow between content management and database. Unlimited cloud storage.

Cons

I would like a more robust search engine and ability to filter search criteria. There is some need for a more advanced editor.

Julie W.

MemberZone Function & Use Review

Reviewed on 2017/04/24

I mostly use the program to manage our membership and representative directory, calendar events and registration, receive online payments. I like the calendar and online registration feature. I am learning to use the mailing/group lists, but wish it was a little more intuitive. I would like to have the option to add representatives by their titles or by a specific field. The customer service is great! They are very knowledgeable and quick to respond. Thanks!

Pros

Calendar, events registration, online payment option, directory, low maintenance database (MemberZone takes care of all the maintenance, yea!)

Cons

Not at intuitive for group/mailing lists. I would like a little more options for customizing fields.

Kristen O.

Best membership software out there!

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

When I first joined our organization, we used spread sheets to track all of our members and events. It took some coaxing, but I was finally able to convince our board to invest in membership software...and I am so thankful they said yes! Memberzone has been a God send! Not only does the system make my daily tasks and communication with members much easier, it gives us a totally professional appearance! I can't say enough about how great this system has been for our organization. It's like having another employee and the customer service is the best! If you aren't using this software, you are working too hard!

Pros

It makes my life so much easier! It's like having another employee

Cons

It doesn't integrate that well with quickbooks. It's very time consuming transferring between the 2 programs and as much as I love it, it's not cheap.

Arlene B.

Small Non Profit still searching for the right software...

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/10/29

Every time I've called their customer service, I've been helped thru the problem that I'm trying to deal with, but sometimes I've been handed over thru several different people on just one phone call. It's very time consuming so mostly I don't bother calling with questions unless I'm desperate. The online video tutorials are not very helpful for specific questions or problems. It's buggy. I still don't totally understand why so many of our members have trouble accessing their member hub pages and aren't able to update outdated info on their own.

Pros

Helps us track our 3 levels of membership and collect dues. We've had some success enrolling members into workshops with the option to pay online.

Cons

Where to begin...Back end is not at all intuitive with lists and committees that need to be populated in a separate setup in order to be functional.
We tried using their "event management" to sell and track ticket sales to a festival, which is our number one fundraiser for our non-profit of the year. It was near disastrous because GZ assumes your event is a business conference. We sold 2,000 tickets and had so many confused customers emailing us and calling asking whether or not they had actually purchased tickets. Many people said they never received any confirmation especially if they signed up on their phones. We will only use their event tool for in-house member workshops going forward and never again for a public event. We'll have to use Eventbrite or Brown Paper Tickets instead.
The Member Hub is clunky and not one of our 70 + members actually uses it. There is no cloud storage included so the only items we can upload to the member hub to share with our members are text forms. It's OK for meeting minutes, but if we really want to share ideas and interactions between members, this is not the place to do it.
The fees that GZ (or Stripe, which they partner with) takes out of online credit and debit payments are not clearly communicated. So for instance, the festival that we sold over 2,000 tickets for online...accounting for the money is a nightmare because there is no flat rate. The average rate was really high like over 5%!

Response from GrowthZone

We are sorry about your frustrations and challenges. We hope you will take us up on our previous requests to schedule a 1-to-1 database readiness and review session, as most of the issues you list here can be easily resolved.

1.0/10
Cyndi Z.

A tool to manage membership with a couple flaws

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

It is fairly easy to understand
Transition to software was seemless
Functions are available to do great things
Fairly affordable

Cons

Does not come with any live training, online webcasts are difficult to watch then try to use
Does not integrate as well as I would like with quickbooks
Reduction in service limits its usage

Response from GrowthZone

Hello Cyndi. Thank you for your review. As a point of clarification, we do have live training workshops and in-personal regional training for GrowthZone users. The full training schedule and registration information is on our website.

Kayla T.

Great organization for my membership.

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

Pros

Very easy to pull up members accounts, billing information, general contact information, and the reps information. Making membership mailing labels and membership reports is very easy with this software. I use this software to easily find any membership representative information I need. This software has also made it easy to look up and find a member.

Cons

The only con I have for this software would be the new update, i'm so used to the old version it'll take time to learn the updated.

GrowthZone

Reviewed on 2018/08/06

It has some versatility! It functions well and does what we need it to.

Pros

We use it as a CRM, we are not a chamber. The price point is great and it actually works well for this. I love that I can email directly from the program. It keeps track of my emails and lets me set reminders. The reporting is pretty good too.

Cons

It can take a while for the customer service to return and resolve emails. I can't call in either for help.

Response from GrowthZone

Thanks for your feedback and review. For the record we do have live support via phone or chat. Both of these channels would be faster than email. Our company is built around our heart for great service and keeping our customers happy. Thanks!

Growth is excellent association management software!

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/11/21

We moved to GrowthZone from another Membership system, and could not have been happier. The migration of the front and back end info was seamless, the support is excellent - especially the chat functions. I am easily able to navigate and learn more about the backend without being a developer of any kind. It is easy for users and the front end is so nice for Members!

Pros

I liked the abundance of features that we are able to offer to the membership - from dynamic profiles, to group emailing, to social media feeds. Our Members gained a whole bunch when we moved to GrowthZone (formerly MemberZone)

Cons

I did not like that I could not fix Member's profile addresses myself. If they had a company name change, the old name showed up in the profile address unless fixed by their support. That should be something a back end user can fix easily.

Brenda J.

MemberZone for ASA Northwest

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

ASA Northwest would highly recommend MemberZone to anyone that is looking for a high quality Total Customer Management System. The customer service with MemberZone is outstanding, they are always there to help you with anything!

Pros

The ease of use and having our members be able to interact with each other; having our members able to see their current due structure and what invoices may be left open.

Kalli L.

Pretty easy transition

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

There are so many things you can customize to your needs. Setting up an event is awesome, you can create a guest list, sponsorship goals, attendance goals, you can even create and invitation and send it out all in the same place.

Cons

Pros and cons are kind of like a double edged sword with GZ there are so many different ways to do things and so many options that taking the time to learn them all are a must, otherwise you'd be missing out on a lot of great features. Very time consuming.

Justine V.

Donor Mangagement - This is a must!

Reviewed on 2018/04/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This is ideal for all non-profit needs. Donor management, advertising or marketing, even keeping track of fundraising goals.

Cons

I have no cons with this software. I think it's an excellent tool for anyone to use. It's comparable with many other database management software, but I really like the interface and experience.

Cory N.

Awesome Support

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

Switching from a spreadsheet to MemberZone has had it's bumps and frustrations but overall has been a positive switch for our membership organization. When the going gets tough the customer support has been outstanding. I use the chat resource quite often and have my questions resolved quickly and with thorough understanding. I also appreciate the follow-up email that allows me to go back to the information if I need it.

Pros

Customer Support is excellent!!

Cons

There are not always simple ways to do simple tasks such as a query of members or running reports with specific data.

Lana L.

Easy to use and getting better.

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

I have overall happy with our experience with MemberZone. The new Report Builder has been a lifesaver to us. My only complaint is that I wish it worked better for Associations with member couples instead of Chambers. Many of the features don't apply to us and we have to do figure out a way to make it work for us.

Pros

Custom Reports

Cons

Not designed for Associations with members.

7.0/10
Alexandria G.

New to Memberzone

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

I am the new office assistant here within my organization and new to the Memberzone software. I am a fast learner and feel that I have been able to adapt to Memberzone and all of it's features pretty well. I know there's still a lot to learn with all of the gadgets available through Memberzone, but I will say I am impressed. I am looking forward to learning more of the ins and outs to better my organization and use of the database.
On thing we are trying to push here at our organization is our Member involvement with Memberzone itself. There are a lot of great tools available to our members, it's just a matter of getting them involved.
Shout out to the Memberzone customer support, they are always there to answer and questions and guide me through the site when needed.

Suzanne B.

We're in the Zone

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

I've been a Member Zone user now in two separate organizations, and for even just the small handful of functions that we use, we're finding it very helpful in keeping our billing and receivables, plus our member contacts, very much in order. We have plans to continue to utilize even more functions as we continue to update and upgrade our administrative operations.

Pros

Enjoy the ease in record keeping, filtering reports, and bundling cover letters into emails.

Cons

There's no automatic save in the subpages for each member account. Sometimes when I'm updating one page and need to update another, I switch tabs and forget to save what I just did. Then I have to go back later when I realize my edits didn't save.

Victoria P.

GrowthZone has a lot of reports and features that we use on a daily basis.

Reviewed on 2017/06/27

Pros

I like the calendar that syncs with our website to tell members of our upcoming events. It is easy to input descriptions and details. I like that it's an easy template and that you can copy past events.

Cons

GrowthZone does not recognize our affiliate members. These are members underneath our associate or builder members. They are still part of our association and have to be manually added to all reports.

Marlene S.

Best Membership Database You will ever use!

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

Customer support is first class!
Trade associations have an enormous amount of information at their fingertips. I love the reports and ease of using the events modules...
A great investment in efficiently managing your association!

Pros

Printable membership directory
Membership database
Events module

Brenda F.

Great Power for a Good Price

Reviewed on 2017/06/27

We came out of the dark ages into current technology with a little bit of an investment but well worth it in the long run! Stay away from overpriced solutions. GrowthZone can do the same or more at reasonable rates.

Pros

Easy to learn. Flexible and forgiving. Easy set up and maintenance. Great web platform will make a rookie into a web master in no time. I'd recommend this for small to medium trade or professional associations in a heartbeat.

Cons

Some things are fixed and can't be customized. The member types are one of them but you can figure out a workaround for your particular situation.

Laurie L.

Outstanding value and features

Reviewed on 2017/05/18

Pros

Member Information Center - members can update their own information and post jobs, market place items, etc.

Cons

Project Management feature - doesn't have an alert for tasks, too many steps and staff finds it more too time consuming

Deann S.

Happy we made the switch

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

We switched from Builder Fusion to Member Zone and the change was easy and painless. Member Zone provided great support and training! I thought it would be impossible to learn a new system but it was very easy. I feel like we up to date with the latest technology with Member Zone and am very happy we made the switch!

Pros

Modern features and members able to manage their own accounts

Cons

Just different than what I was used to.

Andy L.

Excellent Customer/Member Management Software

Reviewed on 2017/04/19

Very powerful tool for Chambers and Associations looking to provide even better support for their members.

Pros

Very powerful with many tools. Integrates easily with our website and social media. Makes communicating with members a snap

Cons

Not quite perfectly aligned with NAHB but getting there. Still, way better than what we had been using and costs less.

Susannah H.

Good product for our association

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

BioUtah has loved the ease of use for the most part. We have been somewhat limited in functionality, but think this product provides great organization for the value.

Pros

Easy to use and interface with Quickbooks

Cons

The mails always get caught in people's spam filters (including renewal invoices) - it limits things we can do with our web page

Barbara C.

Best Association Software money can buy.

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

Memberzone has simplified our lives. Dues invoicing, member database, web content management, accepting payments at events with no back office input necessary. I can't say enough about this software. It does everything promised and more. Our member records have never been this easy to handle. Support service is excellent and quick. The training videos are a great resource when training a new employee. We've all used other software and this is the most user-friendly any of us has ever used.

Pros

Cons

nothing