GrowthZone

Association mgmt software w/ built-in Marketing Automation.

Tina
  • Industry: Information Services

Why GrowthZone is my perfect parnter

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

GrowthZone allows me to communicate effortlessly with my members, staff, and the public. It covers project planning that the whole team can stay on track. We can offer our advertisers great looking reports on the performance of their ads. We can easily track data to make informed decisions. We can quickly get answers for our Board through the reports function as well and the dashboard let's us know exactly where we are and what we need to focus on in the next quarter.

Pros

Capacity is key in any business. If a business does not have the capacity to fulfill its mission, it dies. Operating a small, rural chamber with big goals and a staff of 4 to manage 470 members without GrowthZone would be a nightmare. From the internal management to the member benefits, GrowthZone allows us to stand out in our community as their advocate and partner in growing their business. The customer service and technical service is above the bar in knowledge and attentiveness. They allow us a to operate at a more professional and top-tier level than other member-based organizations without this service.

Cons

There are only a few cons which pertain to technical features for the back-of-the-house users such as not being able to preview blog posts prior to publishing and having different banner size options for our sponsors.

Yvonne

My Happy Experience

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

My overall experience with this software has been better than I could have imagined. It is a continue learning process.

Pros

I've used ChamberMaster for years and the continue upgrades and how they listen to their customers is one reason I continue to recommend them to our Board and other Chambers. The Support team not only knows the software, they are patient and kind when I've called them. It is user friendly and I can edit, correct or change the website myself without having to call, email, or make a ticket for everything. When I do make a ticket or call, they are quick to reply and correct the issues.

Cons

I really cannot say I dislike anything. Just this last couple of weeks, I've learned something new. The event tab has been wonderful and I learned how to improve it but with that improvement I also learned that it changes other areas in the software that I was not aware of until I was using it. It worked out, it just made more steps to complete my task.

Arlene
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Small Non Profit still searching for the right software...

Reviewed on 2018/10/29

Every time I've called their customer service, I've been helped thru the problem that I'm trying to deal with, but sometimes I've been handed over thru several different people on just one phone call. It's very time consuming so mostly I don't bother calling with questions unless I'm desperate. The online video tutorials are not very helpful for specific questions or problems. It's buggy. I still don't totally understand why so many of our members have trouble accessing their member hub pages and aren't able to update outdated info on their own.

Pros

Helps us track our 3 levels of membership and collect dues. We've had some success enrolling members into workshops with the option to pay online.

Cons

Where to begin...Back end is not at all intuitive with lists and committees that need to be populated in a separate setup in order to be functional.
We tried using their "event management" to sell and track ticket sales to a festival, which is our number one fundraiser for our non-profit of the year. It was near disastrous because GZ assumes your event is a business conference. We sold 2,000 tickets and had so many confused customers emailing us and calling asking whether or not they had actually purchased tickets. Many people said they never received any confirmation especially if they signed up on their phones. We will only use their event tool for in-house member workshops going forward and never again for a public event. We'll have to use Eventbrite or Brown Paper Tickets instead.
The Member Hub is clunky and not one of our 70 + members actually uses it. There is no cloud storage included so the only items we can upload to the member hub to share with our members are text forms. It's OK for meeting minutes, but if we really want to share ideas and interactions between members, this is not the place to do it.
The fees that GZ (or Stripe, which they partner with) takes out of online credit and debit payments are not clearly communicated. So for instance, the festival that we sold over 2,000 tickets for online...accounting for the money is a nightmare because there is no flat rate. The average rate was really high like over 5%!

Response from GrowthZone

We are sorry about your frustrations and challenges. We hope you will take us up on our previous requests to schedule a 1-to-1 database readiness and review session, as most of the issues you list here can be easily resolved.

Lisa

Growthzone Management System Has It All!

Reviewed on 2021/03/19

GrowthZone has enabled our organization to effectively manage our database, reporting, event registration, accounting and website. The system is extremely user-friendly for both management and users.

Pros

Switching from one system to another is never easy, but GrowthZone made it a smooth transition, from decision to launch! The entire process took us about 9 months to design and implement both a management system as well as website. All tools are easy to use and reporting is effortless!

I appreciate that GZ takes user recommendations into consideration (voting process) and offer ongoing development!

GZ customer support is fantastic!

Cons

GZ has great report templates, but sometimes I need to report on something not available. I wish we could create our own queries/reports without needing GZ to do this for us.

I wish GrowthZone would integrate directly with QuickBooks. To continue utilizing this accounting software, it requires manually updating QB with deposit summaries vs. automatic batches.

Karl

ChamberMaster GrowthZone

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

It has allowed us to stay in contact with our members in a way that wasn't possible previously. The billing software is easy to use and learn. The other big benefit is in event tracking. The things that were once accomplished by spreadsheets are now integrated with calendars and social media and available through the Internet.

Pros

Ease of use and ease of training. Training is very simple and employees can continue to learn more through tutorials and webinars. Support has also been excellent with little down time despite the fact it is Internet based. It is flexible for me to be able to use my membership software and make updates from home or on the road. Having so much information about your members and multiple ways to contact and interact with them through the software has made a huge difference that has been noted by our members.

Cons

The website module saves time and allows us to keep our website content fresh. I wish it was a little more adaptable within the templates.

Julie

How did we survive before Growthzone?

Reviewed on 2023/08/23

GZ has been a great change in how we provide services and information to our members.

Pros

-ease of use; great user interface, on both the association and member side-array of design options-ability to customize-communication options (scheduling of emails, drip campaigns, forms and surveys)-ease of billing ( we've seen an increase of dues being paid ON TIME )-website+management integration (this has made our work lives MUCH easier)-THE TOP NOTCH onboarding team and process to get us set up and running

Cons

honestly, any trouble we've run into, customer service has been amazing with walking us through or fixing the issue. We have not come across anything major in the past 15mos we've been using Growthzone.

Polly

GrowthZone is a Great Tool

Reviewed on 2023/08/24

We were with ChamberMaster previously; however, this new platform is so much more robust. The staff and help are still amazing.

Pros

Having the ability to add multiple memberships for multiple organizations and have them be able to pay their bills online and into their own accounts, saves so much time. Ease of use is amazing. Pretty straight forward for us and our members.

Cons

Check in for events takes forever as you have to confirm twice - no needed. Would be nice to just have a check mark and be done - lines get long so we print and check them off and then check them in after the fact.

Christina

Makes Membership Management So Easy

Reviewed on 2023/08/24

Pros

Easy to use, so many great features, replaced a number of apps and programs used in the office so that everything was consolidated.

Cons

A map feature in the reporting section would be great - be able to map member visits based on the addresses in the system. We currently do this manually but it would be nice to use our database instead.

• Industry: Wholesale

GrowthZone

Reviewed on 2018/08/06

It has some versatility! It functions well and does what we need it to.

It has some versatility! It functions well and does what we need it to.

Pros

We use it as a CRM, we are not a chamber. The price point is great and it actually works well for this. I love that I can email directly from the program. It keeps track of my emails and lets me set reminders. The reporting is pretty good too.

Cons

It can take a while for the customer service to return and resolve emails. I can't call in either for help.

Response from GrowthZone

Thanks for your feedback and review. For the record we do have live support via phone or chat. Both of these channels would be faster than email. Our company is built around our heart for great service and keeping our customers happy. Thanks!

• Industry: Executive Office
  • Used for 2+ years

Growth is excellent association management software!

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

We moved to GrowthZone from another Membership system, and could not have been happier. The migration of the front and back end info was seamless, the support is excellent - especially the chat functions. I am easily able to navigate and learn more about the backend without being a developer of any kind. It is easy for users and the front end is so nice for Members!

Pros

I liked the abundance of features that we are able to offer to the membership - from dynamic profiles, to group emailing, to social media feeds. Our Members gained a whole bunch when we moved to GrowthZone (formerly MemberZone)

Cons

I did not like that I could not fix Member's profile addresses myself. If they had a company name change, the old name showed up in the profile address unless fixed by their support. That should be something a back end user can fix easily.

aNN
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

The beginnings of a database

Reviewed on 2021/11/15

Don't know what we would do without the support. Overever we always are concerned about the monthly charges which our BOD always questions. We use support for questions that we need answered immediately to finish a setup, event or project and rarely take or have the time to really learn best practices for the next time or for newer employees to try.

Pros

Keeps membership records, member usage, tranfers to website, accounting of member participation. Tracking email correspondences.
Software has been used for years - with various employees, we need the time and personnel and education to improve our database - remove old old event information and correct membership records.

Cons

Need a better way to use GrowthZone when at events. No longer use or trust the payment processing and still need to use other software.
Website setup has little flexibility and is time consuming - not easy to use or change.
Struggling to transfer accounting into Quickbooks 2021. Lots of issues which I am told are from Quickbooks. No helpful - have you ever tried to get an answer from QB? Life is too short! need CM to help and be able to know the accounting software better...

Kyle

First Year with GZ

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

I have found a couple of support staff to be very helpful.
Thought GZ would be more efficient for...

I have found a couple of support staff to be very helpful.
Thought GZ would be more efficient for me. This is not the case.
I have not started using the event management and reservation system yet. I just have not had the time to delve into it. Just not sure it will be efficient for me.
When we do start have registrations online, I will be doing double entry for all income. this is not efficient.

Pros

- Like the event and calendar feature
- Business Directory looks nice, but adjustments need to be made so all of our members can be found

Cons

- Invoices do not show the total of the invoice and then the payment plan amount (what is the total outstanding income?)
- Have to do double entry of payments into QB so I can still have Balance Reports and Profit-Loss Reports for our Board and Tax Accountant
- GZ is cumbersome and not user friendly - mistakes happen or changes need to be made, and it should be easy to fix them. This is not the case with GZ.
- There is more than one way to do things. The GZ way may work for the majority of Chambers you work with, but not all of us. Flexibility would be nice.
- Double entry of all contacts for our memberships. I use Outlook for all of my correspondence with members, vendors, partners and the community. To have two different places to keep track of changes is not efficient.

Elaine

Why Growth Zone is not for our Organization

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Overall this software is not conducive to a membership-based organization. Seems more oriented to a client-based business. Tech support was good but process is too complicated. Have used other software that was much simpler to work with.

Pros

Can't think of anything that made it stand out.

Cons

For a membership-based organization, it is not user-friendly and is cumbersome to use.

Response from GrowthZone

Hello, Elaine.
Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about your experience; we are sorry that the product did not meet your expectations. A Customer Support Specialist will be contacting you to discuss how we can make things right and work toward earning back your trust.

HEATHER

Overall a great product

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

GrowthZone has streamlined our membership software. It has also made invoicing, billing, and event set up much easier. We used to have to mail all of our invoices, whereas now we can email-big cost savings. We have looked into the website version, but right now that appears to be pretty costly considering how much we already pay for our current software.

Pros

I like the fact that it is web based. Meaning multiple users can log in and handle our membership accounts. Events are all housed within the product as well as a directory.

Cons

I wish the customer service understood the nuances of the National Home Builders Association. I was used to having someone that understood how reporting works. Also, while Chambers and HBAs can be similar, they are very different organizations. GrowthZone seems to have a lot of knowledge in how Chambers run, but not as much for HBAs.

Debbie

The Great, the good, the bad, and the time consumer

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Great. The customer service has improved greatly over the past couple of years, but the upgrades and interfaces many times come with standard features that are not member/sponsor friendly. We need to be able to showcase our sponsors and members as we want to and that usually comes in different forms and fashions.

Pros

The data capturing components and that it is not limited to the amount of data you input in all areas. I like the many features, the reporting, the statistics for the members and the interfacing with our website.

Cons

It is not graphic friendly. It does not allow for changes in all set up features of retrieving data such as the e
referral component. You should be able to choose and customize the data you send to your members - consistency isn't always king. Many times members and consumers asking for different information from each member.

Joanne

GrowthZone does it all!

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

My communication is logged directly into each member's profile which allows me to have a log of all activity and to set reminders for next steps. The website is full mobilized so I am able to access critical information wherever I am and the app gives me a quick access point when I am out of the office.

Pros

The program was in place when I arrived at Lakes Region Chamber (NH) in January 2016. As the Membership Manager, I utilize the program to track my new member prospects, communication with our nearly 500 members, share member marketing results and continue to grow and strengthen member relations.

Cons

I found the formatting of custom letters a bit time consuming and not as easy to use as the rest of the program. I attended a local day long training last year and that helped me to overcome any remaining issues.

Jennifer

ChamberMaster

Reviewed on 2021/11/08

Been using for 12+ years

Been using for 12+ years

Pros

Overall functionality works well. Gets what I need done

Cons

The renewals are harder than the older system
Adding free registration is more difficult than the older CM

Anne

Growth Zone support is excellent

Positive.

Positive.

Pros

Using GrowthZone is a an ongoing education. We are still working out some anomolies from the onboarding process. Our previous system was beyond antiquated and caused many difficulties with Growth Zone. It was like trying to make a Ferrari run on a Model-T powertrain. Overall, we are satisfied. the support we receive is excellent, and issues are resolved quickly.

Cons

We would like to have the ability to have Growth Zone set up functions that we do once a year. We cannot remember from year to year how to do some of our procedures, and it would be really beneficial to have them just handle it.

Marie

Robust MemberZone Package Makes Chamber Management a Breeze

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

We've been using MemberZone for our business chamber for a few years now, and we have thoroughly enjoyed this package. We are a growing organization and the software really helps us stay on top of things. We especially like the thorough customer service and the different ways of getting assistance when we need it. Training and help services are outstanding! The content management system is relatively easy to navigate. We would highly recommend MemberZone to other chambers or business associations.

Pros

Great customer support. Terrific flow between content management and database. Unlimited cloud storage.

Cons

I would like a more robust search engine and ability to filter search criteria. There is some need for a more advanced editor.

Tamara

Best Software for Chambers of Commerce

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

Implementing GrowthZone was the most valuable decision our Chamber has ever made. I love working with this system. I'm always learning new ways to may my job easier.

Pros

This is the easiest software to help organize and manage our membership, invoicing, and website. All aspects of the system work together so smoothly. Updates to membership and website can be done in minutes with very little effort.

Cons

There are only minor missing pieces, but GrowthZone is always adding and updating features so most of the time things that I'm hoping will be improved on are. I have really have no major complaints.

Everal

ChamberMaster review

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

It has been great. Anytime we have had a problem, customer service has been great in responding to it.

Pros

Very easy to use with information laid out clearly. Love the MIC for our members. That has really taken off in usage over the past year.

Cons

As chambers and associations are transitioning more and more to a tiered dues model, I think benefit tracking will become more vital. I'm looking forward to the benefits module releasing on the GrowthZone ChamberMaster Edition, but as the software stands now, it is the hardest thing for me to stay on top of.

Becky

Simple to use; robust data all in one place

Reviewed on 2021/11/08

Pros

I love the fact that it's easy for our members to utilize the Info Hub to manage their membership. I also like the fact that using it for business development (prospects, leads, etc.) managing a pipeline AND using it for account management is SIMPLE and doesn't require duplicative effort to input information in 2 places. The integration between Outlook and Growth Zone really helps to streamline our work.

Cons

Although I've been using the system for more than a year, I can't think of anything off hand that I don't like about it. I love the fact that we can provide feedback to our Administrator and she will escalate to GZ, but also she encourages us to VOTE on future enhancements.

Karen
  • Industry: Public Policy

Great product at great value

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Pros

The great support, on-going, professional, always there to address your questions and very interested in your feedback and experience. Good value.

Cons

The communications functions could be better - do not use communications as much as I would like since so many emails are not received. Also, does not provide for ability to re-send an email.

Debbi

Growth Zone simply works

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Pros

Growth Zone knows and understands the users needs. The staff here needs to get things done and this database makes that easier by providing simple instructions and specific help when needed. The uptime for the cloud based system is surprisingly good.

Cons

One area that could be improved is the ability to customize reports. While it is available, the interface to get what you need is clunky. They are great at how to get the data into the system - it's complicated to get the data out in a format that is relevant.

Cyndi

A tool to manage membership with a couple flaws

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

It is fairly easy to understand
Transition to software was seemless
Functions are available to do great things
Fairly affordable

Cons

Does not come with any live training, online webcasts are difficult to watch then try to use
Does not integrate as well as I would like with quickbooks
Reduction in service limits its usage

Response from GrowthZone

Hello Cyndi. Thank you for your review. As a point of clarification, we do have live training workshops and in-personal regional training for GrowthZone users. The full training schedule and registration information is on our website.