TXT180

Bulk SMS & text marketing for all types of businesses

Alex T.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Great experience, value, ease of use

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

TXT180 is very easy to use and navigate. It's simple for people to sign up, and I love being able to schedule messages in advance.

Cons

I wish that when people opted in, they provided their name. When I put in contacts, I can add a name, but if they opt in it is blank.

Lora B.
  • Industry: Farming

review

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

It has help with employees moral, building great leaders

Pros

It has been very good for each employee. We choose an employee at our Fridays team meeting to share a text received that week. Employees make comments about what the messages say on a regular basis. It has been extremely helpful for our staff. Inspirational messages, leadership messages and team building has all been great.

Cons

We have no cons. The only thing is taking time to im-put the messages.

Response from TXT180

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Lora! We are happy to hear that using the software has helped increase employee moral and communication. We appreciate your business and feedback.

Melanie F.
  • Industry: Automotive

Great System!

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Very pleased! Will continue to use for my business and share the website with colleagues.

Pros

It is user friendly even to people like myself who are not tech savvy. I can schedule texts months in advance for birthdays or meetings is super efficient!

Cons

it Would be nice to have more characters per message as I sometimes have to abbreviate a lot of my messages so I’m not sending out 3-4 at a time. When deleting past employees if I’m on page 5 and delete a person I’m forced to go back to page 1 and that becomes very time consuming having to click back and forth between pages.

Response from TXT180

Melanie, thank your for taking the time to review us! We're happy to hear that the service works well for you scheduling things out. We appreciate your feedback on the page jumping. I will forward that over to our development team and see if there is anything we can do to prevent this.

Jamie D.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

TXT180 works great for our purposes

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

We no longer have to call all staff to tell them the office is closed because of weather conditions, one simple text and done.

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use. the primary purpose we use it is to alert staff of snow days and not to report to work. We also use in on occasion to send out reminders for staff events. Although we require staff to complete a form to sign up for the service, they can remove themselves at any time they wish, which means I don't have to manage it with staff turnover.

Cons

We have a couple people that are authorized to send out texts, but there is now way for me to determine who has sent out the texts. This would be very helpful in order to allocate the expenses across departments.

Response from TXT180

Jamie, thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your feedback and I'll add your suggestion to have the texts traceable by user to our tech dept and see if that is a capability we can implement. We're happy to hear it works well for your company.

Roxie F.

Easy to use and very reliable!

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

The program is very convenient, and user friendly. I can send a blast message to 100 families in 5 minutes or less. In the event of a weather related emergency TXT180 has saved us hours of phone calls with one simple blast message. Thank you!!

Cons

I wish the program would save my time zone. I do not like having to select EST each time i send a message. I've accidentally hit the wrong time zone before and my messages have been delayed.

Spage Y.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Full featured text messaging service with easy to use interface.

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

Easy to use, but full function interface

Ability to import contacts as a file

Ability to group and make subgroups of contacts and use these lists in deploying text messages

Lots of functions that are cool, sequential messages, message forwarding, ability to schedule messages.

Cons

Unused credits cannot be "rolled over"

Premium charge for easier to remember short code (21000)

Otherwise no real complaints

Cody B.
  • Industry: Legal Services

By far the best Text option for businesses

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

It gets us RSVPs every month.

Pros

It is easy to use and very user-friendly. Any member of our staff can update the text and responses. Also, the tech support is great!

Cons

I wish the admin dashboard had more follow up options. I would like to communicate with those that have texted us but I need a little more direction on what my options are for that.

Regina J.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

I began using TXT180 to keep in touch with my customers and make weekly orders of my drinks...

Reviewed on 2018/04/07

It allows me to schedule weekly order messages and free up time!!!

Pros

It's very easy to use. If I've had any questions customer service was quick to respond and solve it

Cons

I wish I could use emojis within my text messages. You must make changes to any scheduled messages at least the day before they are scheduled for delivery.

Chad M.

Good, no issues

Customer interaction

Pros

Works well with little required. Interface is easy to use. It has been very reliable and has never not sent a text.

Cons

Expensive for just texting. Should have some auto features. Can't just send immediately like you used to be able to do.

Heather C.

New user

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

So far it’s been great!

Pros

I needed an easy-to-use service and inexpensive short-code for my network marketing business. Txt180 so far has fit the bill perfectly.

Cons

I’m still experiencing the “learning curve” of navigating their site to find the info I most want, in the quickest and easiest fashion.

Response from TXT180

Hi Heather, thank you for taking the time to review our services. We are glad so far it is working for you and we would be happy to set up a client success call with you to help you utilize all of the features in a way that helps your business the most.

Cally P.

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

It's very user friendly nice to use when in a hurry . Keeps customers informed on what's going on in business

Cons

I wish there was an app for this, sometimes it's hard to scroll thru and make sure everything is correct from a smart phone

Joe A.

Reviewed on 2018/04/06

Pros

Anyone can use text 180 can use and we're on road at work in car does not take long to submit text !

Cons

No problem with using every time used it worked fine no problems text always went thru hopefully be able to send more text out monthly

Gary W.

I have a karate school, I send txt Instead of making paper fliers. Saves on the environment

Reviewed on 2018/04/06

Pros

I like being able to send messages the next day or at a certain time of the day.
I like the convenience of it being able to do it mobile or on a computer.

Cons

I wish I could put my message together. And send it to several key words instead of having to cut and paste every message that I send it would be nice to have a drop-down menu and just click on the boxes of the keywords to send the message to.

Sandra K.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

So far not a ton of sign-ups but it seems to help when I send out a message.

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

more marketing, communicating with customers. Giving discounts. I wish the space for messaging was bigger. I wish people didn't opt-out so much.

Pros

The price is customizable. Communicating with customers. Simple and Easy to use and fast.

Kristy N.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Overall pleased with accessibility for someone who is not very media savvy.

Reviewed on 2018/04/06

Being able to automate scheduling is what I need because I have small children and can't be locked devices all day to manage client booking. It's really easy for connectivity when I don't have business cards on me and can just tell someone to text something to 21000 right there on the spot to give them the info.

Pros

My clients think it's clever. The pricing is fair and accessible for small business. The website is not cluttered (although I don't know how to use half of the content).

Cons

For a small businesses/ private practice it would be better for me to pay as I go with 500 texts that rollover versus refreshing it monthly. Also, I don't like that someone can send a direct message in reply to my autoreply because I'm expecting someone to simply use my keyword and for a schedule link to be issued to them.

Amy P.

We send texts to parents for weather closures -- we needed that 5 times this year!

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Quickest way to notify staff and parents of a weather closure.

Pros

Ease of use through the app -- since I'm usually doing this at 6 a.m., it's so helpful to be able to do it from my phone.

Cons

I wish it was a little less expensive -- some years we sign up and never need to use it. I realize that's how the system works, but maybe there could be a combination of a monthly fee and a per-use fee?

Breanna G.

good

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

Very user friendly and an easy way for quick communication. Like the ability to schedule texts farther out (although wish there was an easier way than the calendar to see what I've scheduled). Several key words with same number makes it easy for the people who are using it to remember. Good customer support

Cons

Everything adds up - a bunch of little fees which make a small cost add up fast. Wish we could bulk add people.

Excellent customer service and a dynamite product.

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Communication with clients when we need to and cuts through the social media clutter to deliver our message.

Pros

Love all the features for a fraction of the price of other providers. We are franchisees of a couple brands and I wish we could use TXT180 with them as well.

Cons

Nothing not to like about TXT180. The price is great and the product is rock solid. No complaints at all.

Steve D.

Best bang for your buck!

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Pros

I'd looked at lots of txt companies and simply said there is no better bang for your buck. TXT180 has affordable options and makes it easy to scale up quickly if needed.

Cons

Nothing, it works well for a basic need.

Response from TXT180

Steve, thank you so much for your review! Our team is happy to hear that TXT180 works well for your business.

Toya T.

AWESOME

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

N/a

Pros

I LOVE this product. It’s simple and easy to use. I recommend this to everyone to use especially if you have a business

Cons

There isn’t anything I dislike about it

Response from TXT180

Thank you for your review, Toya! Our team is happy to hear that you love the product and we appreciate your business.

Tiffani Z.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Best value texting service out there!

Reviewed on 2019/08/31

This is service is easy to use and the best price I found after doing a ton of research! Our list is fairly small, so I am not sure how well the service would work for larger companies, but it has suited us very well the last few months.

Pros

Very inexpensive compared to other service and easy to use! We had it set up and started using it very quickly!

Cons

There are mandatory text messages that have to go out for consent purposes. Unfortunately these text messages count against your monthly total! So initially when people are signing up for your texting list you will burn through a lot of texts!

Response from TXT180

Thanks Tiffani! We appreciate your business!

Debbie S.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great for neighborhood communication

Reviewed on 2019/02/03

It works for us. Fast and easy to use

Pros

We use this for our HOA community updates for events, Emergancy and holiday wishes

Cons

I would like to copy and paste since we do sayings and the can be long

Response from TXT180

Thank you for taking your time to review us, Debbie! We are happy to hear that the service works well for your needs.

Connie O.

It is very easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

I like the ability to set up texts ahead of time to go out To my clients. The amount of characters allowed is also perfect so my texts are not too wordy.

Cons

The price. I can use remind 101 for free. I also wish it was unlimited so I could use it more without having to spend more.

Scott N.

I use Txt180 to stay in touch with my team

Reviewed on 2018/04/13

I can stay in touch and update my team on business matters.

Pros

I like the ease of use to stay in touch and update my team. The team appreciates being kept up to date.

Cons

The software would be much more user friendly if message units would roll over if not reached during the month.

Tracey C.
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Text180 was very easy to set up and start using right away. Very user friendly

Reviewed on 2018/04/06

Text180 is a quick easy way for us to communicate with our employees during business hours or after business hours.

Pros

One of my favorite features of Text180 is the ability to write texts ahead of time and put in que to send later.

Cons

I have trouble when I try to change/add/send using group feature. I would like to be able to see clearly what groups people are in and move in and out of group texts seamlessly