SS-CMMS Reviews

Frederik
  • Industry: Machinery

A must-have for every Maintenance Planner

Reviewed on 2017/02/06

After testing many programs over the years, i have come across this easy-to-use program which does exactly what it is suppose to do: It reduces the time needed to setup and schedule the maintenance planning, yet it is powerful enough to handle SME's very well.

Pros

straightforward, not too many bells and whistles, easy to train the technical team and good gui.

Cons

some graphical tailormade options for the workorder forms would be good so we can include company logo etc..

Gary
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Companies Large and Small Find Value

Reviewed on 2016/10/12

I was recently hired by a small manufacture in Fort Myers Fl after relocating from Northeast Ohio. ...

Back in the Cleveland area I was maintenance director for a mid size, 100 + employees and primarily responsible for the implementation of their first modern CMMS program.
The initial investigation was an extensive undertaking with myself taking the lead for a team collaboration.
Many hours were spent on trying to identify the features we needed that would fit our target dollar investment. Eventually we narrowed the field to the "Fab Five" ranging in price from $2500 to well over $10,000 for the base modules.

I only tell you this as a comparison to the SS-CMMS program. Most of the features I had wanted for the larger company can be found within this software at a tremendous value for any size company.

We only have a handful of machines and nothing is so sophisticated as to warrant spending thousands of dollars to track basic maintenance.

Working with a very limited budget, I was amazed to discover the SS-CMMS program that has all the necessary components that was truly affordable for Mom and Pop to the Major Players in the manufacturing field.

This software, like many others, will allow you to take control of the daily operations within your facility but at a fraction of the cost.
1. Work orders generated manually or setup to reoccur at intervals you setup.
2. Preventive maintenance schedules that can remind you ahead of time so you can coordinate with individual departments to keep downtime to minimum.
3. Parts tracking that will deduct your on hand inventory as the parts are used for repairs.
4. Critical spare parts reminders when stock reaches a re-order level that you set
5. Quick visual analysis of where your time is being spent. Scheduled, Reactive, Preventative

There are too many features to list so my advise is to give it a shot. The only thing you have to lose is the time it takes to download the fully functional demo.

Pros

Packed with features found in programs that would otherwise not be affordable for small businesses

Cons

None for the price

Jesse
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Improvements

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

It has helped keep track of what issues our plant has the most as well as track our preventative maintenance well. I also like to use it from tracking all of our extra parts for equipment we have in stock.

Pros

The thing I like the most is to be able to track what issues are arising the most within our plant to help me identify those and come up with corrective action.

Cons

I would like to see SS-CMMS become more fluid as far as navigation within the application. I have found that navigation is clunky and could definitely be improved to make this application better. Work orders cannot be completed from dashboard(can only be edited), after completing a work order it keeps you on the work order you just completed. I believe it would be better if it directed you back to all open work orders so you can continue down the list of open work orders. Supplier tab should included all their contact info in supplier list. Would be nice to click on supplier tab and have all contact info right there(Only shows url if you have one saved). I would like to see emails, phone numbers, and addresses displayed here. Last thing that comes to mind while using the application is that it would be gret if you could choose to show all entries under work orders or pm's all the time if you like instead of selecting to show all entries every time.

UpKeep

Price
Heriberto
  • Industry: Facilities Services

excelent

very good

very good

Pros

inventory automatic deletion of used items. other staff ease inputing work orders

Cons

cant import from pdf files trying to start pm

UpKeep

Reasons for Choosing SS-CMMS

to expensive

Maintenance Care

easy to use and cost
Christopher

What a relief!

Reviewed on 2016/10/05

I am new to Facilities Management and actually only stepped into this role because the previous guy was on medical leave. After spending almost a year spinning wheels and figuring out where everything is, I decided I just HAD to computerize a work order system to keep track of things. Preventative Maintenance was being forgotten because of some other fire that had to be put out and there was no definitive list of what was being worked on and what stage it was at.

I researched options and found systems that people swear by, but just weren't economically feasible for our church's budget. There were free systems available too, but what I was finding either A) didn't work out of the box, and there was no support - or B) MIGHT work, if I had a spare web-server laying around, time to learn Linux and how to program everything into the web-page, an MX record to point emails to, a domain-name to tie it all together, and a DMZ on the firewall that I could hang it off of.

Then I saw a mention about a well-written solution that's not that well known: SS-CMMS. Checking out the website, I saw that it would accept email entries as well as prioritize work loads. It also has some inventory capabilities and ...AND... IT CAN HELP KEEP TRACK OF PM's!!!! Using the trial period, I set up reminders for checking mouse traps, certifying Fire Extinguishers, changing HVAC filters, even "burping" the maintenance valves on the fire suppression systems.

I was expecting a kludgy, eccentric system that was going to require extensive knowledge of anacronyms and terminology I didn't know. What I got was a ready-to-use system that didn't require late-night studying and a degree in Mechanical Engineering. I could use it right away to start helping me keep track of my work...even in the trial stage.

But BY FAR, the best thing about this system I've found has been the tech support. Even during my trial period, I was getting answers to questions and even help with problems WITHIN AN HOUR of submitting a request for help. I can't even give a response that fast most times. I know, as things progressively get larger, I may not always get that fast of a response. But I have been wowed! Not only speedy, but the help was actually helpful! What a rarity in computer support. We bought lifetime license because of it. Thanks guys, keep up the good work.

Peter

SS-CMMS the idea maintenance management system for small or medium businesses and properties

Reviewed on 2018/09/22

Overall we have been very happy with our SS-CMMS experience. As a small non-profit housing co-operative trying to do a good job maintaining our housing assets it has been an invaluable tool to track what maintenance is happening and make sure work doesn't get forgotten about. Two thumbs up!

Pros

Simple, the software doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a Maximo or other major vendor's CMMS but it does what most small and medium sized users will want, it handles work orders well.

Cost effective - most small and medium sized companies want something that isn't going to break the bank, SS-CMMS definitely delivers on that front. We are a small non-profit housing co-op and we don't have a lot of money, SS-CMMS was within our budget for maintenance software.

Web hosted - Our business does not have the IT infrastructure to host our own database servers. SS-CMMS is entirely web based with the option to download your data. Fit our needs perfectly.

Excellent customer service - we've encountered a bug or two and reported them to the developers, we get fast responses and quick fixes. We've been very happy with the customer service to date.

Cons

The only down side we've found so far is a somewhat clunky user interface in some areas, but with the responsiveness of the developers I would expect this to improve over time.

Ryan

Low cost Software that will get the job done

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

with some creativity on how we wanted to use this software, we have learned to love it. We use it for a complete history of everything that has happened to all of our equipment.

Pros

I like that you can have unlimited number of people using this software from the same price. it is also very easy to learn. comes with an APP

Cons

not as fancy as other software programs that have much more features to it. cant create barcodes labels in this software, and the report is bland.

eMaint CMMS

Low cost and a APP
Dennis

VIstech Manufacturing

Reviewed on 2017/03/20

When I first went looking for CMMS software, I found plenty. I just didn't want to spend thousands of dollars for it. I googled for free software, found SS-CMMS and others. Tried 3 of them and saw that this software had almost everything we needed to start. Rob was always working on updates. It got better and better. It got so good that I was willing to send him some money to keep him at it. It wasn't much. He kept doing his thing for about a year that we used it. He made a good case for subscriptions. We have subscribed when he did that and renewed this year. He is still making it better and better. I think that right now it is better than most of the expensive software out there and easier to use.

Pros

ease of use and price

Cons

Need to be able to download data better

Amy
  • Industry: Farming

Tracking service repairs

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

SS-CMMS allows for tracking service repairs, parts in inventory, and scheduled maintenance. It allows for specific reports and track spending. It’s very user friendly. Highly recommend.

Pros

Like it’s ease of use and clarity. Nothing Complicated. Simply laid out. Efficient. Like that suggestions are well received. Listen to client needs.

Cons

With the new server every screen has % loading which slows down process but you adapt.

Response from Rob Cochran Enterprises

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I just wanted to take a moment and explain why the % when page loading. With the re-work of the website and database it now takes a tad bit longer to pull data. We put in the % to let users know that the program is responding.

Rob

Carl
  • Industry: Food Production

All the basics

Reviewed on 2017/03/20

For the low price. This software cannot be competed with by the larger expensive cmms programs. It has all the functionality I need for my department. A few changes to make searches and navigation quicker would be great, but I am satisfies with the way it is now. Thanks for providing such a value for such a low price!

Pros

The compartmented setup for locations and work orders is ideal for quickly referencing up to date information on our assets. Unlimited users makes the communication very fluid between departments and upper management.

Cons

The search engine could have a few changes to make one less click for every PM completed. When quick compelting 30 or more PMs in one day. Each and every cleared pm will restart you at the top of the list. On a mobile device this requires lots of scrolling and makes for a tedious clean up if the list lapses for a day or two. A mobile app would be extremely handy and hopefully better oriented towards Android devices.

Ron

Very versatile Software

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Overall I have enjoyed my experience with this software. We recently starting using it to track scheduled calibration on gauges and electronic testing equipment. This was previously kept on a paper record. The switch has improved how promptly things get calibrated helping to ensure a correct final product.

Pros

There are several reasons I like working with this Software. I love the ease of use, software navigates very easily. I like all the features and notes im able to make to the work orders. The PM calendar feature allows me to better plan my week. Also the Support they offer is amazing! Thought I had lost 2 years of data by mistake and they were very quickly able to recover my data and get me back up and running.

Cons

Not really a Con but would love to have a feature were could view the Equipment information from a open work order.

Anthony
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Try this software first!

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

Overall you won’t find a better saas than SS-CMMS especially for the price.

Overall you won’t find a better saas than SS-CMMS especially for the price.

Pros

The price is second to none! Easy to implement. Works well as a basic tool or you can get into scanners and inventory management all with this software. Easy reporting Easy to create a PM schedule. Great mobile app links flawlessly.

Cons

Mobile app crashes from time to time. You have to redownload but I think they have fixed this.

Bud
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Lakewood Retreat

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Great product.

Great product.

Pros

Cloud based for universal access. PM system. Provides adequate options.

Cons

Would like it to go back to to previous screen after giving a create or delete command. Would like to be able to control what shows on reports, like, I don't want the priority to show on my completed job report. Would like to be able to put the completion date in if was done on a previous day.

• Industry: Military

PM Software

Reviewed on 2019/08/05

It does everything as advertised. I have had a couple of minor issues through the years but the support is great and it has always been resolved within a day or so.

Pros

Software is easy to use and quick to implement.

Cons

I wish we had the availability to install on our local server. We do DoD work and I would like to load information about the machines into CMMS but I am not permitted to store it out on the cloud.

Rick
  • Industry: Veterinary
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Well worth the cost.

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

SS-CMMS's simplicity of use is a great advantage over other systems I have seen. It is not without issues such as special characters sometimes refusing to print or worse failing to print anything after they are encountered. However the developers are quick to respond to issues encountered and I have not found any system to be without issues. This system is arguably the best value for out there for low-volume users.

Pros

The cost and simplicity of use.

Cons

Its handling of special characters and its tendency to replace manually entered dates with default dates of 1969 or 2069.

Pam

Glad we found this software

Reviewed on 2017/03/16

This software allows us to document all of our maintenance activities. Our machines have historical records of the PMs and any repairs. Maintenance is alerted by email and on the dashboard of work orders. It is intuitive and easy to use. We have had a few questions and rep responds within hours with detailed answers and great customer service. The simplicity of the program does not have lots of features, but this is why it is so easy to use and gets the job done without spending a lot of time in the program.

Pros

simple to use, multiple users, dashboard, email work orders

Cons

not enough levels of authority, would like to look at history of a machine and see what has happened in a clearer presentation than reading every work order.

Wayne

Easy to use software

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

It is easy to use and very handy for tracking plant maintenance.

It is easy to use and very handy for tracking plant maintenance.

Pros

Easy for new people to use. User friendly

Cons

Can't customize reports; or segregate data as needed.

Richard
  • Industry: Plastics

Good, cheap inventory management

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

Pros

The highlight for our company is that it is very easy to get the equipment in and set up PM's and other work orders.

Cons

The report printing doesn't always fit properly and is not too useful.

• Industry: Food Production

SS-CMMS Review

Reviewed on 2017/03/20

Customer support has been very helpful in making the changes we wanted so we could tailor the system to suit our business. We use it everyday.

Pros

Does what it says it can do without a lot of training. I like the dashboard.
Customer support has been responsive and helpful.

Cons

It has clumsy navigation and the the views seem jumbled together. It would be nice to be able to custom arrange the view.

• Industry: Hospitality

Great program for building maintenance

Reviewed on 2016/10/13

This is a user friendly, access anywhere computer program, for a reasonable price. I'm a manager at a hotel, it is a great way to track what work is being done when I'm there or at home. I can run reports to see who fixed what. It's also a great program for tracking parts and having all the information in the program where to buy what part from. It's also good for budget to see where my employee's time and parts are going.
Thanks

Chip
  • Industry: Wholesale

Nice Program and helps us out

Reviewed on 2017/03/24

Keeps us organized with a multi user communication... One stop program for all of our locations and equipment within. Repairs are tracked and verified. Ability to track expences and repeat repairs

Pros

easy communication

Cons

to many options for equipment input

Response from Rob Cochran Enterprises

Hi Chip,
Thanks for the wonderful review! We do allow for a lot of options in our fields for those that want to use them. But the beauty of SS-CMMS is that you only have to use what you want. You can enter a piece of equipment with just a name if you wish! It's designed like this to be flexible but number one, easy to use.

Rob

Eric

This software was free and now it's not!

Reviewed on 2016/02/04

Started using the software 6 months ago! apparently things change, I didn't read the fine print or whatever. Now after countless hours of data input I can no longer access the reports without paying something. Thanx for the heads up!

p.s. Your website still advertises "free with no limits"

Response from Rob Cochran Enterprises

Eric,
I apologize for having to take the website to pay. It was the only way I could keep it up. You see, I have to quit my job to care full time for my wife who has Alzheimer's disease. She now need constant care and assistance. I discussed this in the forums and Facebook pages to a small point, it all came about rather quickly. I'm very sorry you didn't get the messages. I had decided to shut it all down, but when surveying members nearly all said they would gladly pay a small fee to keep what they have. By taking SS-CMMS pay I can stay home, take care of my wife, and work on the website. The money in no way will support the three of us but it will help.

Although not free anymore, I don't think you'll find another unlimited CMMS system for a lower price. There will be many upgrades soon.

I would like to give you another few months of free trial so you have time to make the decision on where to move. I'm very sorry for the troubles.

Sincerely,
Rob Cochran

Brian

Great product for a small school!

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

The product and support are great! This was a perfect solution for our small rural school corporation. It fits right into our budget and allows us to PM our equipment and track work orders that our custodians, principals, and secretaries submit.

Pros

Web based and and easy to setup.

Cons

Needs to have a little newer feel with menus.

Shannon
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great product. Operations could not survive without it

Reviewed on 2017/03/24

Been using the software for a year now. The software is feature rich without the feature rich price tag. Anytime that I have had an issue (twice), it has been resolved very quickly. I am thankful that I found this solution and extremely happy with my choice.

Pros

Ease of use. Value. Web interface

GUILHERME
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

GOOD SOFTWARE, BUT MISS FUNCTIONS

Reviewed on 2016/10/05

The software is a little bit hard to learn how to use, once you learn everything runs properly.
All...

All functions works fine, but there are some things that could be implemented like, choose more than one equipment and/or user in the work order report, allow more graphics (#work orders by technical) and so.
A

Pros

Everything works fine and I can access from anywere

Cons

Missing some report filters and some charts.
Also missing some auditing functions