Heap Reviews

Heap

Web and mobile analytics

4.6/5 (22 reviews)

A must/have tool to understand user behaviour

Reviewed on 12/8/2017

Understanding our users in ways we could have never without it. We use it on a daily basis and thanks to this our website continues to improve. We recommend this without a doubt! Best we've used and tested.

Pros

Thanks to Heap we've been able to track every single step of our user's journey. We've made an incredible amount of improvements and have found bugs in places we could have never without this tool. It even makes Google Analytics look average. Absolutely wonderful piece of software

Cons

I can't say using and implementing heap is the easiest thing. However, there are many tutorials, they have a great onboarding process and their customer service is magnificent. I assume you can't expect a tool this good to be the easiest to use. It needs some training!

Never loose your web analytics history

Reviewed on 8/14/2018
Review Source

Pros

The best feature of heap is not to loose your history. If you tag other web analytics tool, your data would start at day 1. But if you tag or create an event at Heap, you'll see history. This is awesome!

Cons

It need basic html tagging knowledge. Sometimes it's confusing for business users. Maybe an advanced documentation or training would be nice.

Heap has paved the way for deeper analytics.

Reviewed on 6/13/2018

Improved how I read user behaviour across the site and gave me a better understanding of the user flow.

Pros

The super simplistic use of setting up click tracking has been tremendously helpful and provided much more meaningful analytics than GA.

I also love that the tracking code did not impact loading as much as google analytics did.

Cons

Reading the data and setting up reports had a bit of a learning curve but it worked great nonetheless.

The best Analytics Tool for our startup!

Reviewed on 1/13/2018

Now I really know what are my users doing on my website.

Pros

I think these guys are the improvers. They are really good developing this tool to measure everything that you need in your website. With Heap we can make really good decisions. Wi do funnels, reports and watch a lot fo KPIs.

Cons

In some reports can be slow but not too much. They also need to develop more tutorials and a community where you can find more tips and answers.

Powerful, but limited

Reviewed on 3/20/2019

Pros

Very easy to understand, even for people without a technical background.

Though I don't know much about the matter, I have had many techies tell me that Heap's method of data-capturing and use of tracking pixels is among the best.

Cons

Very limited data visualization options. For relative date selection, I can only pick from a list of 4 (today, last week, last month, last 3 months, last year). Out of luck if you want to see everything since a specific date.

Also, no ability to annotate the reports.

Data Analytics Solutions that Pays for Itself

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

From the sales to the implementation process, Heap has been involved and professional. They equipped us with great implementation collateral, some of which I asked for slide desks so we could mimic for our clients!

Pros

I love the access to real-time data. It has been instrumental in troubleshoot issues with clients by observing their click history. On multiple occasions, Heap was the tool used to demonstrate to clients that it was their hiccup that resulted in a "bug" or issue and restored faith in our product.
I find the reporting feature to be fairly straight forward and easy to narrow to a specific user, time, browser, and more.

Cons

I wish that configuration required less internal dev work. That being said, we have a complex product offering, so our configuration is likely more complicated than most.

Fast implementation.

Reviewed on 1/25/2018

Pros

Easy to implement and setup. It makes it easy for almost everybody at my workplace from the marketing to sales, to accounting department to be able to review data provided, even without being tech savvy.

Cons

Customer support takes too long to respond to our emails, probably due to the amount of users they have to respond to.
However it will be great for us to get response from support, few hours after a mail has been sent.

Powerful yet simple analytics

Reviewed on 4/22/2017

Heap makes it incredibly easy to understand what's happening on your website or app:
- See each visitor's session and activity
- Easily create graph reports

One of the awesome things is Heap tracks everything by default, so as you define actions/events later on, it will retroactively apply to all the data you've collected in the past too.

They offer a generous free plan and their support is quite responsive. You've got to try them out if you haven't yet.

Pros

Very easy to use, but also incredibly powerful.

Cons

Sometimes putting together a specific event or report is challenging. Usually theirs a solution to discover, but other times it's simply a limitation of Heap. Though they're continuing to add features and make improvements.

Heap is the best tool to analyze web application users

Reviewed on 2/8/2018

Pros

I use Heap to analyze the behavior of my web application users. It's easy to create graphs and funnels.

Cons

Not much - Heap is very intuitive and has a ton of flexibility when it comes to displaying charts and funnels.

Heap Review

Reviewed on 1/9/2019

I've seen and tried different analytics tools. Each time our team spent to much time and efforts to support it and at the end it didn't worth the investment. Until we found Heap. Still under impression.

Pros

This is the product you can start using right away and you don't need to invest engineer's time to support it. It's really amazing that it tracks each action and you don't need to set in advance all you might need to track in the future. This is the app which finally works. Hands up for the people who created it.

Cons

Nothing. Maybe some additional options for segmentation. But this product has all the features which matter the most.

Go-to-tool for user analytics

Reviewed on 3/16/2018
Review Source

Pros

It's quite easy to set up and integrate with your platform. The different funnels are simple to set up and track even for people with no development experience. The stats are easy to read and learn from.

Cons

The set up is simple but takes a long time. It also only maps the user behavior on our website. In order to see the full picture we use Grow as a complementary tool and getting the data from Heap is very expensive.

Super complex but powerful product analytics software

Reviewed on 4/11/2019

Pros

I really like that you're able to import data from a million different tools and compare, contrast and run some powerful reports. I'm able to report on the results of different programs across different software pretty easily.

Cons

It's a little difficult to navigate and there are a ton of fields everywhere, but you'll eventually find what you're looking for. Much like any software similar to Heap, it's hard not to create it complex so I can't really dock any points for this, just something to think about.

Super powerful analytics, with a learning curve

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 11/20/2018

Pros

Heap will track a TON of information about your website. Unlike most analytics tools that require you to know what you want to measure (and what questions to answer) before you can get any insights...Heap tracks almost everything from the start, so you can ask question later on and get smart insights returned to you. It goes further than Google Analytics....a good addition to what Google offers.

Cons

I found that the reporting interface isn't that intuitive. It's built for someone who is analytical and willing to learn how to query their system. I wish they would offer more standard reports for someone who doesn't have the time to built specific reports/queries.

7.0/10

product is good

Reviewed on 1/11/2018

Pros

it helps to get user details on the basis of journey that we have set, easy to use and user friendly.

Cons

it helps to get user details on the basis of journey that we have set, also if the user joins in middle from 2nd or 3rd step that user is not counted in the journey thats not helpful.

Exactly what analytics should be like!

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 7/19/2018
Review Source

Pros

Using heap to do analytics was a dream come true - being able to look at what's gone on in the past as well as set up custom goals with such ease was a treat as well as creating custom reports perfectly

Cons

The only real problem that we had with heap was the prohibitively high price tag :( That being said at this stage you can get an upgraded plan by having the logo on your page so that's a good option for smaller businesses.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017
Review Source

Ok analytics software if you have developer skills. There are easier to use tools out there

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 11/1/2018

Mainly used it to export contact details of our customers and segment them depending on actions done or pages visited.

The interface looks very old and to set up events, segments etc. you need some basic understanding of how APIs and URLs work.

also, one of the worst communications with a company that I've experienced.

Pros

Easy to implement, compared to other solutions.

Cons

Time-consuming to set up specific events and segments.
Only exports up to a set number of rows, so you need multiple exports
No royalty for their long-standing customers.
Company staff not good at communicating

1.0/10

Top notch Google analytics alternative

Reviewed on 5/21/2019

Pros

Heap has been super useful in collecting more data for our marketing campaigns and optimization efforts than we originally had been getting from Google Analytics. Heap was pretty easy to setup but learning the new interface took some time.

Cons

What I liked least was some of the onboarding. I felt like it wasn't clear enough and it took a while for my site to get verified. Possibly my fault.

Finally, I can track everything that I couldn't track before

Reviewed on 6/8/2017

Pros

Really helpful analytics tool. I'm not too advanced in terms of javascript/jquery and this tool helps me to track all the events and parts of the websites interfaces on a level I couldn't afford to do this before.

Cons

Might be a bit complicated on the beginning, but the intro tutorial is pretty nice and everything that you need to know from the beginning is included there.

Surprisingly Helpful

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 9/25/2018

Very pleased with what it offers me in terms of analytics.

Pros

I love how easy it is to set up and use. I didn't expect it to be so intuitive and user friendly considering all that it does.

Cons

I wish the had a better description / website for themselves to describe all the features. They're kind of vague about what sets them apart unless you actually get a free trial.

Heap makes client analytics simple

Reviewed on 10/13/2017
Review Source

Pros

Ease of setup
No programming/coding required

As an agency that sets up websites for our clients, Heap is way more user-friendly for us. PLus, we have a shorter client onboarding as to how to use Heap than with Google Analytics

Cons

The initial tutorial on how to create actions to measure could be clearer, but it's fairly user intuitive.

Great tool for analytics-- if you have a developer background

Reviewed on 4/16/2019

Pros

Set up was a breeze as all of the tracking is automatic.

Cons

Unless you have a background as a developer, using this software can be really confusing.

7.0/10