ChurchTrac Reviews

4.5/5 (277 reviews)
Corrine S.

Great Church Management System Option

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

ChurchTrac has and continues to be capable of everything we needed and most of what we want. ChurchTrac's navigation is fairly straightforward, which is great, and their support posts tend to be helpful for everything that's not straightforward. ChurchTrac is capable of more than what we are using it for - which equates to some good goals for us to move towards things we COULD be doing. Customer service has been efficient when it is needed as well.

Pros

-Compared to what we were using, ChurchTrac is much easier to use!
-The ease of getting new users familiar with the basics
-Ability to personalize quite a few reports and exports for multiple uses
-Overall ability to edit and find information
-Customer support is rather efficient and helpful

Cons

-Some things really need some digging to find, but they can be found
-Some personalizing would/has require an outside coding expert, but that is to be expected with what ChurchTrac is (want to make it so your child check-in is fool proof? you might need a coding expert)
-Wish it integrated MORE with services like MailChimp (more than exporting to MailChimp), but ChurchTrac is transparent in what it does. This isn't unexpected.

George S.

Great Church Membership Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

I have been able to do keep up the information, set up records, print reports, communicate with members, print out yearly contribution reports, etc. I do not have a church secretary to take care of this information for me so I have to do it myself. I love having this software. To be totally frank, it offers much more than I am able to utilize. My goal is to learn even more of what it provides and enjoy additional benefits.

Pros

I am a pastor of a small church and had never been able to afford the "big church software" products.

When I discovered ChurchTrac I found a great treasure of opportunities at a very affordable price. First of all, the product is simple to use. As with all programs it takes time to set up the membership information but after that it is very easy to keep the information up to date. The home screen shows the names and dates of those who are having birthdays soon. The People Screen is easy to use, allowing you to see member information. It is very easy to edit the information as needed.

From the People Screen you can click on the Tab for Messaging. For a very reasonable price, I am able to select a small group, active members, everyone listed, etc. and then send up to a one minute recorded message. This has been a huge blessing for our church. I record the message and it is immediately sent out to those selected. I can remind them of upcoming events, things they need to remember, etc.

The Attendance Screen is great. I can print out dated roll sheets for Sunday School, missions groups, Worship Service, etc. You are even able to allow members to check in via a tablet or touch screen monitor.

This incredible software even includes an accounting screen and payroll. I use ChurchTrac online and can access it easily from any computer, smart phone, or tablet! The cost depends on the size of the congregation. We could afford it even as a small church! Check it out!

Cons

My preference has always been to call for tech support when I have an issue. ChurchTrac does not offer tech support by phone initially. You must send and email with a description of the problem and wait until they respond. I have utilized this free service several times. I always get a response and the information I need.

Roy H.

Easy to use and Economical Church Membership Software

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/02/26

In my opinion, at this time, ChurchTrac is the best replacement program for my old computer based system. With the cloud based program I can let other Church leaders have access to the information and improve our ministry to our members. I'm a Deacon and this program really can help us with our Deacon Family Ministry Plan. The cost is really great also. We're not a large church and finances are always a concern. Another feature I think will be advantageous is having our data in the cloud. I won't have to worry about keeping the system backed-up. I searched and reviewed several other programs before deciding on ChurchTrac. In my opinion, this is the best program for the money.

Pros

I liked most the ease of learning the software. I took time to enter all of our Church members into the trial version of the database because I wanted to learn the software. By the time I had entered all names (about 200) I was amazed just how much I had learned to navigate the database. I ran all types of reports, tried everything that I thought I would use and I was very happy with the results. I also communicated with customer support and their response was excellent. I won't be using all of the features in the beginning but it's nice to have those extras in case I need them in the future.

I also liked the Archive feature. This allows me to place those members who haven't been to Church in many years or have joined another Church (and did not communicate that to us) in a separate area. This helps keep our membership roll clutter free. The capability of bringing these archived members back into the database is extremely important. Their data is still in the system and if we ever bring them back on the Church roll, it's just a matter of updating their information.

One more like. The price is excellent. I'm purchasing this software for our Church from my own monies. I have kept the membership roll for many years on an old computer based program. The person that wrote that software is no longer updating the program so I'm sure it will fail to operate in the future as technology changes. Thank you ChurchTrac for an economical database to keep up with Church membership.

Cons

There were a few features that I got used to in the old computer based program that I was using, that was either not possible with ChurchTrac or difficult to make happen. One was a neat little directory of members (5" x 8 1/2" when printed and the paper cut in half). This was the perfect size to fit in your Bible or purse. All our members liked the size. However since playing with the reports on ChurchTrac and communicating with the support team, I have finally figured out how to print a report that is exactly that size. It's a little more work than my old program but, the result is the same.

Another feature that is lacking (in my opinion) is the numbering of the pages of the reports. This is very handy when your print the reports that are multiple pages and are assembling them. I think each report should have page numbers.

One more dislike. I think all reports should have the total number of members, on that report, at the end of the report. Say, on the last page at the bottom. This would help greatly when someone asks for a total.

David C.

Great Product... will grow with your church - Used at a previous church and just got for new church

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

If you are a small church that needs a good online database that doesn't break the bank, this is it. There are numerous features that you can choose what fits your particular ministry and have everything in one area... instead of needing 4-5 different programs to do it all. One of the best things is that you can add more and more names and then simply pay to upgrade to the next level as your church grows, so you don't have to waste money for a database of 1,000 if you only have 70 in your church currently! But (hopefully) as your church grows, you will have the finances to have the program expand with you. I also enjoy ChurchTrac as a pastor, because I can log in on my phone or iPad from wherever I am making a visit to add notes about the visit.
We have also added multiple volunteers users who want to help make visits, send cards, make phone calls, etc who can add notes when they do so; there are great restriction capabilities available, so I can allow volunteers access to these note areas without allowing them access to giving records or more confidential pastoral counseling notes.
We have also integrated this into our children's ministry/nursery area and purchased a Dymo label printer to give each child a name badge upon check in with emergency phone numbers and allergy warnings.
Finally, the congregation access is awesome, so everyone can update their own information or get their own giving records whenever they would like to check!

Cons

A few of the reporting features are somewhat limited and not able to be as customized as I would like, but this is such a minor issue compared to all the Pros that it's hardly worth mentioning... but it was a required field so I had to come up with something.
I did have an issue when I wanted to add more volunteer users, but it was fixed within an hour of opening the ticket due to their AMAZING customer service!

Jeremy P.

ChurchTrac Online - good value for money, not perfect but does most of what you need to do

Reviewed on 2016/11/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We switched to this software from PowerChurch, which is old and outdated. The difference was huge. Compared to outdated software like that, this software is very easy and enjoyable to work with. However, I also tried out Breeze, which is significantly better than ChurchTrac from what I could see. Their pricing is a flat rate, however, so for a small church like ours ChurchTrac provided more value.

Pros

1) Very easy to use
2) A good amount of functionality
3) Above all, the price is better than other online options I found
4) Mobile website works quite well - the online functionality is a big plus for any church who is not already using an online database

Cons

I have not had the best experience with their support people. Getting our database integrated into ChurchTrac was a bit of a hassle, it took us a while to do as we are a smaller church without a ton of staff resources to dedicate to this. We were constantly losing access to the database because our free trial had ended and it was time to pay for a software that we weren't even sure we would use. They did always extend our trial but it was a hassle and I felt like we were under the gun for taking so long. The biggest thing was that at one point the support person made a significant mistake in what she communicated to me, and rather than apologizing for that mistake, she told me it would cost our church a fee to re-import the database. Eventually that charge was waived, but there was never any admission of that mistake or apology at all.

The software is also not very customizable for some features. In order to print tax receipts that look official and properly formatted, our accountant is having to download csv files and merge them together in Word.

Similarly the calendar isn't very usable, because you can't sync it with your mobile calendar app. To use the calendar on mobile you'd have to log in to the mobile website, which is a lot of extra steps for a common task. Instead we are using google calendars so that we can sync all of our calendars together and use our mobile calendar apps, and then we are syncing those calendars one way with the church trac calendar, and then printing it from Microsoft Outlook, cause that's the only software that seems capable of printing a readable calendar. This all took a lot of time to set up. But now it is working very nicely.

There should be a mobile app. I'm not usually one to use apps for something that can be done in a browser, but it would be nice to not have to constantly log in on your phone. An app could just stay logged in so that access is much quicker. I'm not sure if other database software like Breeze offers this option though.

7.0/10
Terri T.

affordable easy to use program with incredible features and great support! You won't be disappointed

Reviewed on 2017/05/16

This software will make our church more excellent in serving God.

Pros

We have used this program for a year and love it. We use it to track our membership, attendance, finances and calendaring, but there is much more to it. They recently had an upgrade, we were concerned we would not like it, but wow! This is what you call an upgrade! It is even easier to learn and navigate. It has so many new features, I haven't even learned then all yet. I appreciate that members can access and update their own profile when you give them a code, and the church can control what parts of the membership list members can view. They can also see the calendar and their donation info. We haven't used it yet, but there is a child checkin system with access to info about childrens' allergies, special needs, etc. And all of our favorite features are still there. Easily accessed from anywhere online. I write this review to thank the support staff and creators of this program and with the hope that other churches will try it. We could never afford these features in our small but growing church. This will help us to do a better job in serving our congregation. And if you think, well I don't like that there is not a number to call for help, let me tell you that with just a tiny slice of patience to write them a message, you will receive excellent, courteous, and easily understood accurate information to dove ant issue or question you have. Folks, this is a truly Christian organization in my opinion.

Tommy S.

Easy to use software that allows us to manage the resources entrusted to us as a Church.

Reviewed on 2018/01/12

360 accounting, member management, communication & growth tracking per member/guest, giving management, fund management, streamline budgeting and financial reports, member text to give, recurring giving, I can go on and on we are very pleased with this software and the company they stand behind their product and offer amazing support even if you make mistakes they are there to help you correct them. I tell all of my ministry friends about Chruchtrac. We are relatively a small church with a limited staff but having ChurchTrac in our corner empowers us to function wiser and be more effective.

Pros

imple to use and everything we needed to accurately track expenses, giving, and payroll as well as budget and financial statements. The customer service and support is unsurpassed. Not only that but when you do reach out they treat you with respect every step of the way without making you feel inferior due to your lack of knowledge or understanding in accounting or technology. Volunteers have really enjoyed using the program which makes life easy all the way around and it is by far less expensive than a lot of the other "names" out there... you will not regret utilizing this software/program for your church or nonprofit's needs.

Cons

There is no application for mobile use; however, the site adjusts perfectly to every device I have logged in from. The text to give function works once your member goes to the member site on your website and gets it set up. It would be better if any person could text to a specific # to Text N Give but overall it is still amazing that you get all of this functionality for the cost and top notch support!

Donna W.

Excellent Company to deal with

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

I have been with Church Trac for years, using the desktop, I just went online version Monday, and with all the excellent help and replies so quick, I was able to get to work with it.
The features I havent' learned the all, but I am trying each day to get on and work on something, and find things on there that is very helpful..
Love the front page with reminders and birthdays coming up, that will be a great help to me since I am in charge of sending out cards and all...
I was hesitant of going online with this, but I took the jump, and glad I did.
If you were to get this program from some one else, it would cost you a fortune, for the price I cannot believe it...
I am sure God is into this company and people working there...

Pros

I love the front page with dates, reminders and notes and all...I know I am really going to like
when I use the message phone, I will love it will show who got it and didn't, having so many complaints, from people at church with the old one, not getting the message, so now I will know..

Cons

I have to get use the giving page, typing in letters, and names popping, on old program names easier to get to, but I am sure I will get the hang of it..

Alex H.

ChurchTrac is an EXCELLENT resource that is unequaled and unrivaled for the cost.

Reviewed on 2018/06/03

Pros

ChurchTrac offers similar capabilities to the "bigger names" at a fraction of the cost. Having the ability to integrate with MailChimp, have accounting and budgetary functions, can limit access to selected modules (i.e., accounting and giving), provide congregational access, and automate functions reduces the time staff must spend on the computer while increasing our ability to be with people. The fact ChurchTrac can provide the same capabilities as others but at a much lower cost serves to reflect they truly have a heart for churches and ministry. It is not just talk with ChurchTrac. The support staff is wonderful and quick to provide help or answer questions. We have never once regretted our decision to trade a "big name" CMS for ChurchTrac! I only wish we found them at the time we planted out church and used them from the beginning. If we had, it would have saved a significant amount of money to which we could have applied to ministry.

Cons

This is certainly NOT a complaint, but a reflection of our reality. Integration with outside platforms is limited. We joined the ChurchTrac family with certain accounts already established and chose not to change those relationships. Maintaining these relationships caused us to sometimes do duplicative work. Having identified the limitations of limited integrations, I have found the ChurchTrac staff always willing to receive and entertain ideas for future additions.

Tommy S.

A Church Management Software & Support that actually does what it says... simply.

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

This software is very easy to learn. I pastor and work full time and was able to pick up on how to set it up and use it a lot quicker than a couple of the other bigger names we have tried including one that we paid over that was never used b/c it was just too complicated for someone other than a CPA. One of the other great things about ChurchTrac is that it is affordable for all size congregations and as you grow the software grows with you. Every interaction with ChruchTrac support has been amazing.

Pros

Easy to learn. Easy to teach volunteers. Simple and accurate form of accounting. Budget creation. Various built in reports that allow you to monitor income and expenses quickly. Fund accounting. Member access portal to view events and their giving statement/pledge progress. The ability to archive inactive members or guests so that it does not count towardOnline help documentation and 24hour turn around on support tickets.

Cons

They do not have 24 hour support. When we have had a problem or I fail to understand something the online help and support ticket system has been flawless. The software exceeds our expectations and as of yet we have not experienced any real negatives.

Tim P.

Game Changer

Reviewed on 2016/05/13

I would recommend ChurchTrac to any church...of any size. I have worked with Quicken, Quickbooks, Power Church, as well as ACS, and ChurchTrac is by far the most user friendly and easy to use. I now pastor a small church in Salt Lake City. When I first arrived, they were using Quicken. Quicken can be manipulated to work with a small church but is so limited in what it can do. We had somebody using Excel to keep track of attendance. The Financial Secretary created his own Excel spread sheet to keep track of giving, and the treasurer making her own to keep track of the different designated funds.

We were referred to Power Church. We tried for 2 year to make it work (went through personal tutoring from Power Church, and even hired a CPA for a day to help us) but we had no confidence in the software. We continued to use Quicken the whole time and were so afraid we couldn't teach anybody new how to use the program when we didn't know how too. This is not to say that Power Church isn't good in the right setting, but we were clearly not that right setting.

That is when I found ChurchTrac. It reminds me of that little car that is packed with all the technology of the big luxury car. It does everything. In one little program, if I wanted to, I can track attendance, giving, budget, payroll, accounting, spiritual shape of the people, birthdays, calendar events, blast out emails or texts, and so much more. I can do all this through my computer, tablet, or smart phone, and so can anybody else, depending on their permission level who has permission to do so because it is all on a secure cloud. Even church members can have access to the program from where they are to get contact info (Names, Numbers, Addresses) for other members, calendar events, update their profile, or see their giving history for the year. And the best part of this whole program...I set the whole thing up myself for the entire church with no help and have also helped other churches do the same. Their help tab within the program walks you step by step through the whole setup process with pictures and if I have ever needed anything from a personal touch, I always had my issue resolved within the hour. They have been quick and thorough. The extent of what I know about computers is "control alt delete" and "restart". I can honestly say 2 things: If I can do it, so can you, and If you get this program...you and your entire church will love it.

Joy R.

Wonderful Program.

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

This software is a pleasure to use. It is highly visual and intuitive. Switching from our more cumbersome program was a huge relief.

Pros

ChurchTrac is so much easier to use than our previous church management software. It is very intuitive, and the online user guide is very easy & quick to use. Extensive training is not needed to use this program.

Being able to log in from any computer or phone is great. Statistics are at our fingertips, the pre-programmed reports are awesome, and entering attendance has never been easier. It is very easy to find numbers, trends, and statistics that are helpful in managing a business.

The customer support is outstanding and they are very quick to respond.

Cons

We are spoiled to Outlook for our calendar functions, so it was a disappointment that ChurchTrac's calendar system is not as functional. We were also dissapointed that setting up a custom report is not as easy as it should be, but is still easier than the previous program. Also, suggestions are listened to and passed along to the development team, which is very encouraging.

Maggie D.

Best bang for our buck!

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

Addresses specific church needs not needed in regular bookkeeping (donations, pledges, membership etc.) at an affordable price.

Pros

ChurchTrac is geared to the specific needs of churches where something like QuickBooks would not suffice for us. They have a ton of features we don't even use as our church is mid-size and we just haven't gotten around to implementing certain things but it's nice to know that we can use them all when we get around to setting things up. Their customer service is FANTASTIC. I shoot them an email with a question and I usually have a very quick response in my inbox. The last time I emailed not only did they tell me why something was happening, they went ahead and pointed out the 2 deposits causing the discrepancy! They continue to impress me with the help they provide.

Cons

Coming from a bookkeeping background I sometimes think that something is not functioning the way "it should" but it's always been resolved to my satisfaction.

Jeff S.

Great church database software for any price, plus the price is quite affordable!

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

My church is better organized and has saved money in the process.

Pros

ChurchTrac Online is a quality church database solution. It offers good solutions for varied needs-- not only membership and attendance tracking but also giving statements and even basic accounting and calendar. We have come to use nearly all of its features. Customer service is also very fast, responsive, and helpful. Plus, the yearly price is fantastic-- far lower than competing software packages that do only barely more.

Cons

As good as ChurchTrac Online is, I wouldn't quite call it a fully mature piece of software yet. It still lacks basic features such as robust attendance analysis or even having a way to view a member's attendance history for that matter. (It's worth noting that you can download most data as a spreadsheet to do your own analysis elsewhere.) The payroll feature is also very, very minimal. That said, I'm not complaining... it is remarkable what they are doing for the price point!

Tina P.

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

ChurchTrac is very easy to use. We are a small church and just need a software to keep tract of our income and expenses and run the end of year giving to church members. This software is a big helper for bookkeeper and treasurer and I heard that it was a big help for pastors as well.

Pros

ChurchTrac is very easy to use and it may my job easier.

Cons

I like how easy it is to use and good teach support.

Daniel L.

Accounting, giving, people tracking, kids church tracking, & much more that all churches can afford.

Reviewed on 2017/08/02

The platform to handle our church finances with confidence and integrity.

Pros

Includes online giving, giving in general and it offers expense tracking. Many softwares will require you to upgrade to get more features. Churchtrac gives it all to you for a price that every ministry can afford. If your a small church, the software and price grows with you. And it's cloud based which means you can work on the platform from anywhere.

Cons

Does not offer text to give. And it does not automatically link to your online bank account. You have to download from your account and upload into the software.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Daniel,
Thanks for your amazing review. We really do appreciate the kind words. I just wanted to let you know that we do offer text giving already, as part of our Online Giving feature. As you already are aware, this is offered to you as part of the program whereas other companies charge around $60/month for it. We offer it included, and you just pay the processing fees through the company that charges the card.
Here is a link to our article about it:
Glad to be serving alongside you in ministry!

Carol C.

ChurchTrac Software Perfect for Us

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

ChurchTrac helps us get our reporting and accounting done easily and quickly. We have used ChurchTrac software for several years but switched to the online version the beginning of last year and are very pleased with it. I highly recommend it.

Pros

What I like most about ChurchTrac is that it is user-friendly and has fast and easy-to-understand product support. The few times I've had to use support, they have given speedy, clear help. I also like that I can archive (and thus not pay for their listing) members who have not been active, but still need to be on the records so that we can issue end-of-year receipts for tax purposes.

Cons

The only drawback is that ChurchTrac doesn't offer immediate telephone support. It's all accomplished via e-mail messaging, but it is very quick. I suppose this helps cut down on the costs so that the program is exceptionally reasonable for all that it offers.

Joe H.

Best Church Management Software Ever

Reviewed on 2016/08/19

Our church is small (about 30 members), but growing. Churchtrac has grown along with us, and has become part of our culture. It has integrated into our daily operations regarding visitors, outreach, member attendance, giving, etc. I especially LOVE the messaging system that allows me to print letters, send emails/texts, and even call groups with a recorded message. This system has it all, function, ease of use, and great value. I love churchtrac.

Pros

It's easy to use, is great to keep track of attendance, visitors, outreach efforts, giving, etc. Plus, the messaging system is awesome. Also, the software grows along with the church. Pricing is modeled to be affordable regardless of church size or budget.

Cons

It's hard to think of any. I guess not having a native mobile app would be a con. It would be nice to have an app. It can be a little confusing to get the app on the device using the current method, but I figured it out, and I like having access to all features on my phone.

Tim V.

This product is well worth the value. After reviewing several products this one stood out.

Reviewed on 2018/04/03

This product saved the church family money. It is easier to use than the prior software.

Pros

While we do not use the Payroll option, OnLine Giving, or OnLine Congregation access; the software has been found to be user friendly, intuitive, and easy to reconcile finances to the bank. The giving and accounting areas of this product are easy to use and manage. The "help" tools have come in handy as we learned how to structure and get the software up and running. While we don't currently use some of the features (member access to their own accounts) we are considering this feature. The features that we are using are easily understood and easy to implement. Member Attendance in groups provides the ability to track attendance by classroom and focus on those who are not attending regularly. The support group at ChurchTrac has been awesome. Each time I have a question or problem (usually my lack of understanding) the support team has been very timely in directing me. For the money this product replaced two software products (one that was cumbersome and one that was necessary to keep financial records). ChurchTrac seems to continually be trying to improve and expand its product offerings

Cons

Mobile version is a little awkward to get around but does work. More reporting options would be nice. Currently the Custom design reports do not permit anything very sophisticated. The option to design more complex reports on your own would be a major improvement. As it is the software limits you to the canned reports and making sure that the custom reports extract very basic information. This is understandable in that a novice user may not know how to design reports and the report integrity may get lost in customer designed reports

Richard S.

One of the best software programs of any kind.

Reviewed on 2017/01/04

Exceptional is the one word I think of to describe ChurchTrac. It is very easy to use and anyone with simple beginner computer skills can use it. It gives us all the information we need in very clear and accurate reports. It reduced the time we spent on information gathering by more than 50%. It is amazing what this program can do at such a low cost. I would suggest the cloud version for the most updated version and the ability to pull up information wherever there is an internet connection.

Pros

Ease of use yet gives us all the info we need and then some.

Cons

There are no cons that I can see and we have been using it for about three years.

Nate C.

The ALL-IN-ALL PACKAGE

Reviewed on 2017/02/15

I'll be honest, this past week was a nightmare! In the past 7 days I had access to 7 demos on church management software. All I wanted was to find the one to meet the needs of the church. After walking away from the computer for a literal 24 hours with 20 more gray hairs, I returned to the computer screen the next day. Within a simple search of the web I landed on the help page of ChurchTrac and within 2 minutes I knew this software would be the right fit!
I was able to see a dashboard that is user-friendly enough my 9 year old could help! I spent that day navigating around the software playing with the reports, groups, attendance and accounting section. Like all software, it's a learning curve. But don't fret, the customer support changed my perspective in their resources they provided with my questions.

I'm glad I had a hands on demo to play with before making a purchase. Save yourself the time and headache on trying the other demos, ChurchTrac is the All-in-All package!

Pros

User-friendly interface and accessibility. From providing SMS, to accounting, online-giving, etc!

Cons

Not sure the best way to explain this con but sometimes a button or feature is available in one area but not in another area.
EX: Adding people either to family or individual from the admin side, no way to add them to a group until they are saved as a person. The groups tab is available above the person's details. However, when adding a person through check-in mode groups is an option to select when adding a person. It would be nice to have groups option like the check-in mode available for the admin side too.

Ed T.

Finance Dir.

Reviewed on 2017/01/11

Never used Church fin. software before. All my questions were answered very quickly. Lorri did a wonderful job. The saw worked fine for our Church. We have not reached the 100 mark but they still treated us like we were paying customers. Would highly recommend trying them first. Customer support is very important so keep in mind they do a great job in support. Hope this helps you make the choice to use them. I should mention before closing even when I messed up they took the time to help me see where I had gone wrong. I will recommend ChurchTrac to small Churches in my area. I think it is great they try to help small Churches by providing the software free (and it is free) to use until they get big enough and have the finances to be able to pay for it.

Ed Tilley

Pros

The main one is Customer Support - very quick response.

Cons

Wow - Nothing that I have found

Jon H.

Great Church Management system

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

It's incredibly helpful in organization. All the info is in one place, and everyone who needs to have that info can access it. I regularly check attendance so I can check in with people who have missed a few weeks

Pros

Pretty much everything.
ChurchTrac is all online, so I can log in anywhere, including my phone (which comes in handy when looking for someone's address or phone number when I don't have my computer handy).
It's incredibly easy to use, as well. We can take and track attendance, create groups, add notes concerning individuals and families.
It's also very affordable, and one of the new features that I appreciate, makes it even more affordable. Now you can archive names. You pay by how many names you keep in the database, but with archiving, you can keep the person's records in tact without having them on your active rolls (great when someone moves away, etc).

Cons

If I could say anything...it would be cool if they had an app (to my knowledge they do not), but I can ChurchTrac from my browser, so even that isn't a huge deal.

Joy R.

ChurchTrac is so much easier to use than our previous church management program!

Reviewed on 2017/06/27

Saved time, effort, and duplication of effort. Improved communications. Ease of use.

Pros

This program has saved a lot of administrative time when compared to our previous software because it is so fast and easy to use and has built in reporting functions. . Another huge benefit has been the ability to allow access to the multiple layers of church staff and congregation. This has helped communications tremendously without needing to prepare and send out reports, and has eliminated the need for duplicate efforts in some areas. We have not implemented all of ChurchTrac's functions yet, but look forward to continuing benefits from using this program.

Cons

The calendar system is okay, but doesn't have full functionality like Microsoft Outlook's calendar system. That can be an issue with churches like ours that rely heavily upon a calendar system. However, ChurchTrac has been delightfully receptive about suggestions for future improvements which will greatly improve user experience.

Barbara C.

Great Asset for our small church.

Reviewed on 2018/01/13

The ability to successfully adapt to the function of Church Treasurer with no accounting experience.

Pros

I have served as Church Secretary for about 8 years, but this is my first year as Secretary/Treasurer. I am not usually an accounting person, so I was very anxious re: getting it right. I did some research as I was not comfortable using our previous system through Quickbooks. I have found this program to be invaluable and very intuitive. We use the entire system. Just finished Annual Reports and Contribution Statements with good success. I have just begun to use the Voice Message system and it has been so helpful. Questions are easy to either find a ready answer or the Support Ticket system is generally answered in a couple hours. I have not utilized the method through Twitter. There are still many features I have not yet taken advantage of, but I likely will as I become more accustomed to the system.

Cons

Inability to easily format reports and/or add clarifying information. I do use a PDF Editor with some success. I would like to be able to use my own spacing/fonts as reports are fairly plain. I wish there was a feature where more of the "Secretary" function was included. It would be wonderful to be able to do both positions on this software-ie the ability to create/edit 'Word' documents.