Glinda D.

Love Churchtrac

Reviewed on 2020/12/29

Churchtrac works great for Sunday Scool attendance and tracking I love being able to print out smart lists and reports such as families assigned to deacons and baptisms during the last year. Great tool when I have to complete the annual church profile.

Pros

I love being able to access the program anywhere anytime and I especially love the customer service. I always get a quick response to any question

Cons

It took me a while to get it set up with all our members and when changes were made a while back I had to relearn how to do my tags and Sunday School forms but other than that I have personally loved the program. Much more user friendly than what we had before

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Thanks for the review Glinda! We're so glad you found ChurchTrac to be user friendly. As always, don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need any help.

Jerrod W.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great software at the best price.

Reviewed on 2020/03/13

Churchtrac has helped us keep track of members much easier - including birthdays, addresses, and phone numbers. All of the person's information is in one place (we used to keep it on a spreadsheet). The accounting and giving records part fits our church better than quickbooks, since we are a smaller church.

Pros

I did a lot of research before choosing a solution for our church. Churchtrac had by far the most options included for the price. And their price is at least half of most companies. The monthly subscription includes not only management tools for people, but also accounting as well (which is a huge bonus). We also were able to create printed church directories for people in our church (and can reprint them at any time through the software). We moved our financials into churchtrac, and it is proving to be a great option as well, We are a smaller church, but the software and service have been great. Highly recommend giving them a try. You won't find a better price around - and you won't sacrifice quality for what you get.

Cons

Most of the help is through tutorials, or through videos. It is hard to talk to a live person. But they respond very quickly to any questions, and will schedule a phone call if needed. My bookkeeper is taking a little time to adjust from Quickbooks to this software, as it runs a little differently.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Thanks for the kind words Jerrod. We're always working hard to improve our software and keep it at a price point that's actually affordable for smaller ministries. Reach out to us anytime we can be of assistance!

Jeremy P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

ChurchTrac Online - good value for money, not perfect but does most of what you need to do

Reviewed on 2016/11/10

We switched to this software from PowerChurch, which is old and outdated. The difference was huge. Compared to outdated software like that, this software is very easy and enjoyable to work with. However, I also tried out Breeze, which is significantly better than ChurchTrac from what I could see. Their pricing is a flat rate, however, so for a small church like ours ChurchTrac provided more value.

Pros

1) Very easy to use
2) A good amount of functionality
3) Above all, the price is better than other online options I found
4) Mobile website works quite well - the online functionality is a big plus for any church who is not already using an online database

Cons

I have not had the best experience with their support people. Getting our database integrated into ChurchTrac was a bit of a hassle, it took us a while to do as we are a smaller church without a ton of staff resources to dedicate to this. We were constantly losing access to the database because our free trial had ended and it was time to pay for a software that we weren't even sure we would use. They did always extend our trial but it was a hassle and I felt like we were under the gun for taking so long. The biggest thing was that at one point the support person made a significant mistake in what she communicated to me, and rather than apologizing for that mistake, she told me it would cost our church a fee to re-import the database. Eventually that charge was waived, but there was never any admission of that mistake or apology at all.

The software is also not very customizable for some features. In order to print tax receipts that look official and properly formatted, our accountant is having to download csv files and merge them together in Word.

Similarly the calendar isn't very usable, because you can't sync it with your mobile calendar app. To use the calendar on mobile you'd have to log in to the mobile website, which is a lot of extra steps for a common task. Instead we are using google calendars so that we can sync all of our calendars together and use our mobile calendar apps, and then we are syncing those calendars one way with the church trac calendar, and then printing it from Microsoft Outlook, cause that's the only software that seems capable of printing a readable calendar. This all took a lot of time to set up. But now it is working very nicely.

There should be a mobile app. I'm not usually one to use apps for something that can be done in a browser, but it would be nice to not have to constantly log in on your phone. An app could just stay logged in so that access is much quicker. I'm not sure if other database software like Breeze offers this option though.

Don P.

Very Satisfied

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Very pleased. And it saves us a lot of money. Our old computer based system from another company charged us an annual fee much higher than Churchtrac, and then every couple years required us to pay for an “upgraded version”, at a cost of around $350.00. Since Churchtrac is web based, there are no upgrades required. In addition to its “people tracking” system (addresses, phone, membership level, etc), it really simplified our “giving” tracking system, which is also included in the basic package.

We have not used their upgraded “Plus Plan” as of yet (worship planning, scheduling, Accounting & Budgeting) so I cant speak to those features.

Pros

Initially it was the cost savings. They are very reasonable and based on your congregation size which really helps smaller churches. Plus it is web based. Our older system, from a different company, was stored on our server. When it crashed we were unable to retrieve the data. This system has no need for a server. Lastly their tech support is included and has been very responsive. Very impressed.

Cons

We gave it a slightly lower rating on “Ease of Deployment”. The nice thing about Churchtrac is also it’s most challenging. It has a lot of useful features, but they take a little time to figure how to use them all. I’m sure someone who is more tech literate and who uses the varied features more regularly would have no problem.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Thanks for the kind words Don! ChurchTrac does have a LOT of features...but you will be a pro in no time at all. As you continue to learn how to navigate through everything, don't hesitate to reach out for any help. Talk soon!

Nate C.

All-in-One Management

Reviewed on 2020/04/24

ChurchTrac allows our church to create detailed or simple reports on information we select. Membership directories and accounting. the biggest plus our church found in the software is the accounting.

Pros

This software has everything under one roof - member directory and management, check-in, task management, texting or calling updates, online giving portal, accounting, budgets, payroll, calendar, reminders and more!!

Cons

Developing an app for this software would be monumental! The mobile display is easy to navigate but adding a mobile "dashboard" for users to access directory, their personal giving options and a communication tool used between "users and administrators" would set this software apart from others.
What about adding chat feature between users and administrators through an app? ChurchTrac is definitely a software any church should try before others.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Thanks for the kind words Nate! Have you tried our latest feature Church Connect yet? It's a website for your church that both your members and guests can access to view giving history, see your directory, fill out custom forms, give online, and more!

Dianne G.

The best of the best!

Reviewed on 2020/09/28

One of the things we most appreciate about ChurchTrac is that it is extremely forgiving. If a mistake is made it is correctable. Overall experience has been over and above what we anticipated or expected.

Pros

It is the whole package as ChurchTrac offers attendance, financials/budgets, contributions, scheduling of events, and so much more. We have used ChurchTrac for over a year and with some help from ChurchTrac it was easy to setup. It's a great product, affordable and perfect for small or large churches with small budgets. It's a ministry and we are grateful for ChurchTrac.

Cons

A feature we really need is payroll and ChurchTrac doesn't offer payroll.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Thanks for the glowing review, Dianne! Can we connect sometime this week? We'd love to hear more about how you're using ChurchTrac and answer any questions you may have. Just email us at [email protected] to schedule a phone call.

Tommy S.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Easy to use software that allows us to manage the resources entrusted to us as a Church.

Reviewed on 2018/01/12

360 accounting, member management, communication & growth tracking per member/guest, giving management, fund management, streamline budgeting and financial reports, member text to give, recurring giving, I can go on and on we are very pleased with this software and the company they stand behind their product and offer amazing support even if you make mistakes they are there to help you correct them. I tell all of my ministry friends about Chruchtrac. We are relatively a small church with a limited staff but having ChurchTrac in our corner empowers us to function wiser and be more effective.

Pros

imple to use and everything we needed to accurately track expenses, giving, and payroll as well as budget and financial statements. The customer service and support is unsurpassed. Not only that but when you do reach out they treat you with respect every step of the way without making you feel inferior due to your lack of knowledge or understanding in accounting or technology. Volunteers have really enjoyed using the program which makes life easy all the way around and it is by far less expensive than a lot of the other "names" out there... you will not regret utilizing this software/program for your church or nonprofit's needs.

Cons

There is no application for mobile use; however, the site adjusts perfectly to every device I have logged in from. The text to give function works once your member goes to the member site on your website and gets it set up. It would be better if any person could text to a specific # to Text N Give but overall it is still amazing that you get all of this functionality for the cost and top notch support!

Michael H.

ChurchTrac for treasurers

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

We were tracking our church annual giving, expenses, and budgets using MS Excel and then issuing annual giving receipts by merging the spreadsheet data with MS Word. Once ChurchTrac is setup with 'people' information and budgets are created it is as simple as adding the giving amounts as they are received and expenses are entered as they occur. This is all tracked against the budget in ChurchTrac, making reporting both easy and current, and giving receipts are automatically generated. It has made my role as treasurer (includes bookkeeping) a much easier task.

Pros

I mainly use ChurchTrac to track giving and issuing annual receipts, setting up and reporting on annual budgets, and for general accounting. These functions alone are worth the annual fee for ChurchTrac but many other features will add to the overall value. With some understanding of accounting principles it will not be difficult to setup and use ChurchTrac. Their staff were quick to help me with any issues/questions I had.

Cons

Most of my challenges I had/have with using ChurchTrac are due to my lack of knowledge on accounting. Thankfully, their help page is extensive with recorded Webinars and instructional pages, and they provide free additional help through a support ticketing system.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Thanks for the review, Michael. We're glad to hear that our support and webinars are helping. If you get stuck, you know who to call. (Hint, it's not the ghostbusters).

Dan O.

Excellent Value

Reviewed on 2020/03/11

ChurchTrac has definitely helped us maintain our membership database much better, and make better decisions because of the way we can track membership.

Pros

I love the fact that ChurchTrac is built for churches by people who understand churches. The features really mirror our needs.

Cons

There's not really any features I don't like. There are some that we don't use so I don't know how well they work... for instance we still use QuickBooks for our accounting.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Thanks for the review Dan! We've had hundreds of ministries switch from Quickbooks to ChurchTrac Accounting. Check it out sometime!

Tim P.

Game Changer

Reviewed on 2016/05/13

I would recommend ChurchTrac to any church...of any size. I have worked with Quicken, Quickbooks, Power Church, as well as ACS, and ChurchTrac is by far the most user friendly and easy to use. I now pastor a small church in Salt Lake City. When I first arrived, they were using Quicken. Quicken can be manipulated to work with a small church but is so limited in what it can do. We had somebody using Excel to keep track of attendance. The Financial Secretary created his own Excel spread sheet to keep track of giving, and the treasurer making her own to keep track of the different designated funds.

We were referred to Power Church. We tried for 2 year to make it work (went through personal tutoring from Power Church, and even hired a CPA for a day to help us) but we had no confidence in the software. We continued to use Quicken the whole time and were so afraid we couldn't teach anybody new how to use the program when we didn't know how too. This is not to say that Power Church isn't good in the right setting, but we were clearly not that right setting.

That is when I found ChurchTrac. It reminds me of that little car that is packed with all the technology of the big luxury car. It does everything. In one little program, if I wanted to, I can track attendance, giving, budget, payroll, accounting, spiritual shape of the people, birthdays, calendar events, blast out emails or texts, and so much more. I can do all this through my computer, tablet, or smart phone, and so can anybody else, depending on their permission level who has permission to do so because it is all on a secure cloud. Even church members can have access to the program from where they are to get contact info (Names, Numbers, Addresses) for other members, calendar events, update their profile, or see their giving history for the year. And the best part of this whole program...I set the whole thing up myself for the entire church with no help and have also helped other churches do the same. Their help tab within the program walks you step by step through the whole setup process with pictures and if I have ever needed anything from a personal touch, I always had my issue resolved within the hour. They have been quick and thorough. The extent of what I know about computers is "control alt delete" and "restart". I can honestly say 2 things: If I can do it, so can you, and If you get this program...you and your entire church will love it.

Maggie D.

Best bang for our buck!

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

Addresses specific church needs not needed in regular bookkeeping (donations, pledges, membership etc.) at an affordable price.

Pros

ChurchTrac is geared to the specific needs of churches where something like QuickBooks would not suffice for us. They have a ton of features we don't even use as our church is mid-size and we just haven't gotten around to implementing certain things but it's nice to know that we can use them all when we get around to setting things up. Their customer service is FANTASTIC. I shoot them an email with a question and I usually have a very quick response in my inbox. The last time I emailed not only did they tell me why something was happening, they went ahead and pointed out the 2 deposits causing the discrepancy! They continue to impress me with the help they provide.

Cons

Coming from a bookkeeping background I sometimes think that something is not functioning the way "it should" but it's always been resolved to my satisfaction.

Michele R.
  • Industry: Accounting

Amazing Software

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

I am the bookkeeper for our church. This software is so easy to work with every week. I just love it. The Customer Support is fast and helpful.

Pros

This software is simple to start and set up. It helps you step by step. The navigation is simple, its easy to use. It is so incredibly user friendly and whenever you need Customer Support they respond so fast and are really helpful. I was unsure of what software to get, because I had used something else for so long but I so not regret switching to this.

Cons

I have not found anything in the last year that I would like to change.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Thank you Michele! We do our best to make ChurchTrac user-friendly. As usual, don't hesitate to reach out to us for support :-)

Ed T.

Finance Dir.

Reviewed on 2017/01/11

Never used Church fin. software before. All my questions were answered very quickly. Lorri did a wonderful job. The saw worked fine for our Church. We have not reached the 100 mark but they still treated us like we were paying customers. Would highly recommend trying them first. Customer support is very important so keep in mind they do a great job in support. Hope this helps you make the choice to use them. I should mention before closing even when I messed up they took the time to help me see where I had gone wrong. I will recommend ChurchTrac to small Churches in my area. I think it is great they try to help small Churches by providing the software free (and it is free) to use until they get big enough and have the finances to be able to pay for it.

Ed Tilley

Pros

The main one is Customer Support - very quick response.

Cons

Wow - Nothing that I have found

Jon H.

Great Church Management system

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

It's incredibly helpful in organization. All the info is in one place, and everyone who needs to have that info can access it. I regularly check attendance so I can check in with people who have missed a few weeks

Pros

Pretty much everything.
ChurchTrac is all online, so I can log in anywhere, including my phone (which comes in handy when looking for someone's address or phone number when I don't have my computer handy).
It's incredibly easy to use, as well. We can take and track attendance, create groups, add notes concerning individuals and families.
It's also very affordable, and one of the new features that I appreciate, makes it even more affordable. Now you can archive names. You pay by how many names you keep in the database, but with archiving, you can keep the person's records in tact without having them on your active rolls (great when someone moves away, etc).

Cons

If I could say anything...it would be cool if they had an app (to my knowledge they do not), but I can ChurchTrac from my browser, so even that isn't a huge deal.

Barbara C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great Asset for our small church.

Reviewed on 2018/01/13

The ability to successfully adapt to the function of Church Treasurer with no accounting experience.

Pros

I have served as Church Secretary for about 8 years, but this is my first year as Secretary/Treasurer. I am not usually an accounting person, so I was very anxious re: getting it right. I did some research as I was not comfortable using our previous system through Quickbooks. I have found this program to be invaluable and very intuitive. We use the entire system. Just finished Annual Reports and Contribution Statements with good success. I have just begun to use the Voice Message system and it has been so helpful. Questions are easy to either find a ready answer or the Support Ticket system is generally answered in a couple hours. I have not utilized the method through Twitter. There are still many features I have not yet taken advantage of, but I likely will as I become more accustomed to the system.

Cons

Inability to easily format reports and/or add clarifying information. I do use a PDF Editor with some success. I would like to be able to use my own spacing/fonts as reports are fairly plain. I wish there was a feature where more of the "Secretary" function was included. It would be wonderful to be able to do both positions on this software-ie the ability to create/edit 'Word' documents.

Beulah D.

Very Helpful Support System

Reviewed on 2021/04/07

The Church is able to combine more functions with less separation and confusion. Reports are now completed in a timely manner.

Pros

The "Help Topics" are the most helpful parts of the system. Following the steps presented in the topics are easy and less stressful.

Cons

The system continues to meet the needs of our Church. Too fast for me; new features are added periodically so ChurchTrac continues to improve. Webinar categories are easy to follow and lets you interact with what is being presented.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Thank you for the review, Beulah. We're glad to see that the webinars are helping you! Be sure to subscribe to our youtube channel as we come out with new videos almost weekly.

Rebecca S.

We have used ChurchTrac for four years and continue to explore its functionality. We love it!

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Pros

It is "full service and one stop shopping", meeting the many needs of a congregation. The users guide is very helpful and I like that new features are continually being added. Whenever I have needed questions answered, they have been answered quickly and professionally. I doubt that there is another productive that is as comprehensive and priced so that all size congregations can afford the features that meet their needs.

Cons

I don't dislike anything, although there are features that we do not use. Some treasurers might want greater functionality, but it is fine for me.

Henry ".
  • Industry: Military

I found Church Trac 9 in an online search for an accounting software that the layman could use.

Reviewed on 2017/09/19

Too many to list.

Pros

I inherited a set of large books that tried to explain how to use the software my predecessor was issued. I struggled with them for six months or so, barely kept track of our income and expenses. I needed a system I could understand and put to use. Church Trac filled the bill; VERY reasonable and thorough in a direct method.
I didn't know about categories and taxable etc.; contributors annual report; pastor's salary, expenses, and gas mileage; member, visitor, child; attendance in each and every category. We have about fifty categories and can readily determine where our budget needs adjusting.
In as much as I make mistakes and/or can't figure out the obvious, the support group has been a tremendous help in a friendly, timely manner.

Cons

This software requires that you read about each of its attributes. Not mandatory, but I strongly suggest that you do.

Theresa J.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Really Great Customer Service has made my experience extremely positive.

Reviewed on 2017/05/13

A great place to share church information and adapt it for multiple purposes.

Pros

The software is fairly straightforward and there is a nice section of help data that is easy to follow. I am new to the software and have been adding information to our church database that was not standard. In trying to figure out how to do what I wanted to do I reached out to the customer support folks. This is where I really found this product to be outstanding. They responded to my e-mail within 24 hours, not only with text but with actual examples of files in my program and then screen shots explaining information to me.
The information provided me what I needed to know and a model to follow.

Cons

The only con I have found is that I think it would be nice if one of the standard information lists included not only phone numbers, but if those phones were cell/txt, home, or mobile and also listed email data. I am creating that for our church and they have walked me through the process, but in this day and age when we communicate so much by those means, an automatic list of that information would be nice to have. But, as I said they walked me through the process of creating that list so it is possible to create.

Philip L.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Powerful. Easy. Intuitive. Supportive for the small church.

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

The ability to grow the church plant and keep track of all the people we reach is phenomenal. The pricing helps us get the job done.

Pros

The connection of the giving, accounting, people, activities all woven together make it perform like a full featured software. Easy to teach others to work with us. Priced by people needing to track.

Cons

Suggest a rework of the normalization field for the base database. You cannot enter more than one person with the same name. This conflicts regularly as we reach many people and come against that limitation too often.

Ingrid B.

Answer to my Prayers !

Reviewed on 2020/02/09

Pros

This software is so easy to setup and use. There is plenty of instruction and help. I was actually able to set up what I needed just by simply reading and following the instructions. I love the format and it fits exactly what is needed for our church records. This software has been a lifesaver and took away a lot of unnecessary stress that I used to have with another program I was using. Church Trac has been an answer to my prayers. I love it !

Cons

Haven't found anything that I dont like with the software as of yet.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Thanks for the review Ingrid!

As you continue to use ChurchTrac, don't hesitate to reach out. We love getting feedback from our churches!

Tina M.

EXCELLENT Customer Service

Reviewed on 2017/01/26

EXCELLENT Customer service. They are super nice and always willing to help me make the software work for what I need. The reporting is great for keeping track of spending, accounting, contributions, event financials, etc. It's also great for communicating with certain groups within our congregation. We are able to group members by their interests and then communicate with each group as needed. The customer service is epic. They definitely work for the user. Thanks to the support team for taking such good care of us.

Pros

The ability to keep track of members, organization spending, accounting, etc.
Customer Service is excellent

Betty S.

So happy!

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Overall-I love it!! I enter new member data as well as weekly giving. I've produced quarterly giving statements, but am just rolling out the member access for that information.

Pros

The thing that made me select ChurchTrac was the cost. We are small with limited funds. However, I don't think I could have picked a better product for us. I love the web-based functionality so I can work on it at home. I love that users can see their giving statements on-line--eliminating the need to print and mail quarterly statements. And I am thrilled with the customer support! Always a quick response, include "off-hours". I often work on this at night or weekends. I have submitted questions during that time, not expecting a response until the next business day, but several times I've received a response within 30 minutes.

Cons

I wasn't able to convert all the data from our old system. Therefore, some is not in the computer; other data needed to be entered manually.

Melvin M.

Pleased with Churchtrac

Reviewed on 2020/08/21

The service is user friendly. I am able to stay on top of financial management, can see the membership at a glance, and produce numerous financial reports for the benefit of the church management team.

Pros

The most impactful thing to me is the ease of use, the many ways that I can keep up with financial management of my church, and the customer support is great.

Cons

I have not run into any great difficulty that the staff did not help to resolve. The response time to support tickets is superb.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

We appreciate your feedback Melvin. We have such an amazing team here that lives and breathes ministry! We're here for you anytime. We'll...almost anytime. Sometimes we have to eat and sleep :-)

Michelle G.

ChurchTrac is easy to use and has great customer support.

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Pros

ChurchTrac helps me organize data in an easy to use format. I can quickly add church member information to the directory, make a list of birthdays, create mailing labels. I like the fact that if I have a question I can easily reach out to the team at ChurchTrac and they will walk me through until the problem is resolved.

Cons

The team at ChurchTrac is open to suggestions, if I see a need in the program I can reach out to ChurchTrac and they will listen to me.