SiteLink Web Edition

Online self-storage management software solution

4,7
4,5
4,5
4,6
4,7
Frank C.

Best software in the business. Very intuitive and user friendly as well as powerful.

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

Managing my business with best practices. Nothing else to say!

Pros

The ease of use is definitely the big draw. New employees pick up on it quickly allowing our business to continue as employees move around etc. Also the power the software has to easily attend to all the different scenarios that storage presents. The revenue management and inventory management functionality makes growing your business and reacting to market trends easy and seamless. The reporting is robust.

Cons

Having to log in after every step. Some functions need tracked but not all. Gets tedious and forces users to use minimal and not very secure log in credentials to save time.

Response from SiteLink Software

Thank you so much!

Your administrator's settings determine whether you have to log in anew each time you want to record a transaction such as a payment or move-in.

Same for log in credentials: your administrator's settings determine the length of passwords and use of "strong" passwords. We recommend the latter but also use of programs to keep up with your passwords, not just for SiteLink, such as LastPass.com

We do log all manager activities including payments, credits, reversals, unit size/rate/name changes and more. Let us know if we can show reports and special log files.

Nicci D.
Industry: Real Estate

I use Sitelink daily, whether I'm on the office computer, home laptop, or mobile device.

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Remote access to thousands of tenant accounts.

Pros

The software is regularly offering updates to keep up with the ever-changing demands of the self-storage industry. Their electronic signature feature has been incredibly helpful with generating move-ins by expanding our reach to customers that cannot physically come to our office. Their mobile friendly application has been a time saver and an on-the-go problem solver. As an administrator using the software I have the instant ability to customize the features as well as restrict/approve access to the software by others. From a users perspective, the many processes can be a little tricky to master at first but once they've been memorized the work-flow is very simple and easily executed.

Cons

The abundance of processes can be slightly overwhelming to new users. Also, the ease of alternating between screens/processes can create confusion for the user and allow for accidental incorrect implementations.

Response from SiteLink Software

Thank you, and kudos for operating the complex business that's self-storage, which seems simple on the surface.

Steven K.

Very User Friendly

Reviewed on 2020/10/15

Overall, I would recommend SiteLink to any facility operator.

Pros

What I like most about this software is how easy it is to use. It's very easy to train employees how to use it. I also like all the reporting that's available.

Cons

Since Sitelink merged with a parent company, they no longer support the use of 3rd party merchant services. This put us in a huge bind because we had to rush to get changed over to the new software.

Daniel B.
Company size: Self Employed

Shocked at all the positive reviews

Reviewed on 2020/07/18

Pretty dreadful experience overall. I could go into details about issues with each of the various services - website development, merchant services, PCI, etc. - but bottom line it is not really technical issues that were ever an issue - it has always been and remains to this day the tremendous lack of customer service, customer responsiveness, customer communications. Maybe it's because i'm a single facility operator, maybe it's because they are growing too quickly and are not growing their support staff quick enough... i don;t know.... but guaranteed i would not wish my user experience with Sitelink on my worst enemy.

Pros

The software is pretty robust and has a lot of really good really strong functionalities, both in terms of moving in tenants and running various reports, and inter connectivity with other adjacent software programs.

Cons

The absolute worst thing about Storable/Sitleink is their customer communications when it comes to coming up the learning curve as a new user addressing questions and resolving issues. Be prepared to spend a lot of time listened to their elevator music because if your experience is like mine you're going to spend a lot of time on hold. The organization is incredibly siloed - so most times the first person you speak to when you call tech support will not be able to address your problem, and will have to forward you and and you'll need to tell the whole situation again and again. I really dread calling tech support because i know that many times (not all times - but most) it is going to consume too much time. So i've turned to sending emails to tech support, and that's fine but you need to manage your expectations, for you may wait days and days and maybe more for turn around. I am user of multiple Storable solutions - Sitelink, merchant services, StorEdge, Sparefoot.... which makes this whole lack of good communications much worse. To be clear, their are good people in tech support once you manage to wade through and find them, i have had good assistance over time. However no one in tech support has a direct line (the sales people however all have direct lines!! if you get my drift) so you're never able to develop a relationship with anyone as a goto person to help address issues.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Anatoly K.
Industry: Real Estate

SiteLink is very easy to use and streamlines all basic storage operations into simple tasks.

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

SiteLink aids in effortlessly running the day to day business operations that I am responsible for. It's simply amazing! I have used its layout to structure my daily activities.

Pros

It is very easy to use and walks you step by step through moving customer in and out. It divides different storage functions into easy to use sections that anyone can learn. The customer service is great and they are quickly available when called upon. Overall, I have to say that SiteLink is amazing!

Cons

The website capabilities seem to not work with most Mac users. There is also no way to do move ins online, from our website, like there are with making payments.

Response from SiteLink Software

Hi Anatoly, thank you very much for the 5-star review! We like to hear SiteLink helps manage your day-to-day workload.

We can't wait to have you try myHub, which runs on Apple products, including Safari.

SiteLink introduced online rentals in 2008 and to date is the leader in websites offering reservations, rentals and even signature capture for leases. Give us a call and we will show you examples of the powerful websites our clients have created rivaling those of the REITs.

Thank you again for your comments!

Ron R.

Great Software for Self Storage business

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

Pros

Straight forward intuitive operations. Easy to navigate, easy to find customer information, easy to train others to use.

Cons

It is a bit dated. The software should be easier to customize for our use. There should be an index for hidden buttons and for every day use.

Response from SiteLink Software

Thank you Ron for the review and comments. We love suggestions and feedback, that is how we grow.

Please know we are rolling out new features at a rapid pace for myHub, the browser-based version of SiteLink. The new myHub runs on mobile devices and feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Have you tried it yet? There is no additional cost, simply log in with the same credentials. The data is the same, updated in real time, as Web Edition. Many users like myHub for its streamlined, user-friendly interface and clean modern look.

We have the index you mentioned and look forward to sharing it with you. When we chat, we would like to better understand how you would like to customize SiteLink for your use. We have implemented every imaginable billing and operations option our nearly 15,000 single and multi-store operators have given us. That's not to say we will ever have them all, but we never stop adding!

Thank you again for the 5-star review,

Matt I.
Industry: Consumer Services

Great customer service, easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

Updates are quarterly - offers desktop version and online hub version. Can use the software for general use on ipad. The myhub is great for running cards.

Cons

Still working on modernizing their online portal but making great strides to catch up. Limited support on the weekends.

Response from SiteLink Software

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad to see you use the new myHub. Wait till you see the 3D map, new unit revenue management and dual billing option: starting soon, you have a choice to either auto bill automatically at midnight, or, wait to auto bill tenants in batch after doing your lock check - right through myHub!

Owners love the user friendly billing menu allowing them to remove tenants (who moved out or made other arrangements for payment) from the auto bill list before processing the batch.

Thank you for your kind words about our service! Our after-hours support is always available on weekends and responds within minutes to assist with pressing problems.

Andrew A.
Industry: Management Consulting

Great Management System

Reviewed on 2018/09/29

Helped us manage our customer base and increase profitability. It's easy to use so it was easy to train on.

Pros

My favorite part is the reminders section. It live updates when it's time to remove an overlock. I also really like the text messages you can send to customers when they are past due.

Cons

The updates could cause occasional crashes and they would take too long to reload while customers were in the office. The reports could be better for their breakdowns on the occupancy and marketing.

Response from SiteLink Software

Thank you for your review and comments. SiteLink is designed to run fast - please reach out to our customer support team and they will help solve your issues with crashes and reload time. Have you tried exporting the Lead Funnel report? It breaks down a LOT of data, including marketing based on filters you can customize.

We are happy to hear we helped increase profitability for your company and we wish you continued success!

Marjii M.

Sitelink's robust software handles most of the vital operational admin tasks.

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Sitelink is easy to install, use and customize. It handles so many of the admin tasks that are vital for operations and integrates seamlessly to other operational software, like our merchant services, directory listings and website. Their support team is very responsive and has helped with anything that comes up. I truly feel that I have a tech team supporting me all the time.

Pros

It's easy to learn and there are different options to complete a tasks, with lots of shortcuts built in. Integrations have worked smoothly for us.

Cons

The auction/lien process could be fine-tuned. The letters don't seem to process the way they should. Would like to add ability to upload multiple images in the tenant account for liens from a tablet or phone. Also a map in the mobile version.

Response from SiteLink Software

Thank you for the 5-star review and the comments. We are placing the finishing touches on an amazing map feature for SiteLink myHub, the mobile platform you mentioned. We are confident you'll be pleased, look for it in the coming months.

Georgette R.
Industry: Management Consulting

It is a one stop shop here at sitelink!

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

makes my day go so easy!

Pros

I love that everything we do is connected right into sitelink! Phone system and all. customer service has never let me down either.

Cons

I wish wish wish wish wish the map system would be better!!! When i open a new property and the map needs to be created for the property its the least favorite thing on my list!!

Response from SiteLink Software

Thank you, the click and drag method has been the best and easiest we have found. Good news is, you can set up and customize the map yourself, and make changes later, on the Fly.

Wait until you see the new three-dimensional map in June 2018. You will be able to put that on your website too. It will work really well. And, you can always have us set up your map for you.

Claudia R.

Sitelink allows us to get the job done both efficiently and effectively.

Reviewed on 2018/05/05

Helps me manage my facility with ease.

Pros

It is very user friendly and our new employees are able to catch on fairly quickly especially with Sitelinks training function which makes our training on the software a breeze. Leads are also very easy to track and this helps us convert more of them into actual rentals.

Cons

Speed. Because it is web based we are at times at the mercy of bad internet speeds. Updates are not user friendly. We would also like to know what are the updates or changes to the software with every update Sitelink runs so we have a better idea of what the updates are actually for. Also when using the search on corporate control I often have trouble finding some of the accounts when I use the search queue. It pulls a ton of old moved out accounts and i have to use more information to narrow my search and pull current primary accounts. It also often takes way too long to launch Sitelink from corporate control in order to access a customer account in more detail.

Response from SiteLink Software

Thank you Claudia for the feedback and mentioning your positive experiences with the free SiteLink Certified Professional training program and our Lead to Lease workflow!

We understand having to rely on Internet speed can be frustrating. To minimize problems, we use top-tier data centers that are widely known for consistently fast response times, documented 99.997% server uptime and overall reliability. The SiteLink development team continually seeks to enhance infrastructure performance to boost transaction speed on all devices, including tablets and mobile phones.

We communicate SiteLink Web Edition software updates in bulletins within the software and via email starting a week prior to an update. We include a link to release notes with details about the update. Please reach out to customer support if you are not receiving our notices. Customer support can address your Corporate Control Center search issues which may be a result of poor Internet speed or incorrect setting.

Wendell R.
Company size: Self Employed

Sitelink has been our trusted partner in success

Reviewed on 2017/08/22
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Without Sitelink we would have gotten sloppy with tenant records, gate codes, etc. Sitelink provides a common sense place for all of the information pieces. This has been especially helpful. The integrations and partnerships from the Sitelink Marketplace has made it much less time consuming to find and execute these additional services. Without these pre-vetted solutions i would have had trouble finding the right vendors. I have used only Sitelink partners and have only made one change in the 10 years which was to switch credit card processing to Sitelink Merchant Services.

Pros

Easy to learn and covers all of the bases. Very tight package, with vetted integrations and few bugs. Almost never have issues. Reminds me of the Apple ecosystem in its simplicity and reliability. Also I understand that the way they have built the server/pc standalone client/ and web client is the most reliable/secure. I simply wouldn't trust to do business with a web only version, because most of our issues over the years have been internet short outages. My manager started using Sitelink in 2007 had only used a computer in a very limited basis. She was able to rent units and do basic functions on day one. My appreciation to the Sitelink Team!

Cons

The only thing i'm going to say is a pro as well as a con. The price seems like alot sometimes when i think of the free or low cost options. HOWEVER; Sitelink has maintained a fixed price for us i'm going to say since we upgraded to the Web version. I believe this was 5-6 years ago. Most recently they even lowered the monthly fee thru the bundled promotion. The biggest thing is this, all of the integrations, pricing assistance, competitor tracking, website integration is beautiful as well as the credit card billing. I know these have allowed us to get and keep more customers per month, at a higher rent and longer stays. At my pricing level that only take 2-3 units to pay for the service. Again seems like alot but i can't imagine where we would be without this nice package. Recently swithed my credit card processing to Sitelink Merchant Services based on my trust of their partnership.

Response from Chuck

"What a wonderful testimony Wendell, thank you! You hit on a key point sometimes overlooked by those shopping for self-storage software–properly implemented, feature-rich software should help bring in substantially more revenue than its cost. Increased efficiency, automation, reminders, revenue management, detailed reporting and Customer Relationship Management are just a few of the features that make SiteLink the self-storage industry's software of choice.

Implementing decades of customer feedback helps keep SiteLink's user interface easy to use and operate. Have you tried our browser-based SiteLink myHub to log into your SiteLink Web Edition databases from any computer, smartphone or tablet? Move tenants in and out, take payments, manage leads to lease, view graphic reporting and much more. Try it out at myhub.sitelink.com, it is free with your Web Edition subscription. As always, please call our customer support staff should you need any assistance.

You also hit on another key differentiation, the power of integrations. SiteLink's API is touted as the most comprehensive and preferred by 3rd party vendors who supply additional products and services to operators. Services like tenant insurance, web design, call centers, listing services and more. In fact, there are more than sixty SiteLink Marketplace partners to choose. It's important to find the best fit for one's business, and we are glad SiteLink's vetted partnerships helped you find integrated services, which run right out of SiteLink. Thanks again for taking the time to outline the benefits you are receiving from SiteLink and SiteLink Merchant Services. Here is to another ten years working together!"

Frances P.

AWSOME, POSSUM

Reviewed on 2016/08/30

My name is Frances, manager of 325 unit facility. I wasn't to happy changing from site link stand alone to web edition. I was always rushing cause seems like the 1st of the month was tomorrow, that meant that I had to spend 2.5 hrs running credit cards, whether it was my day off (Sunday) credit cards had to be processed. 2 part tickets were cut and file, (don't have to do that anymore, don't have all that bulk). The 2nd part detach for the end of day summary report. My day started at 7am rushing to be ready to open at 9am. NOW it takes me 5-7 mins to run my credit cards, I don't have to worry if someone will interrupts me, causing me to have a mistake, then taking time to track , correct , double entry, no entry, this is an experience that has been worth the money that the owner invested. Site Link has allowed me to do early walk thrus, remove old leases, and files. A smoother start of day, take a break, lunch away from office. I met our rep, an angel with knowledge of how to teach someone that is needing assistance, a people person, he is a good asset to Site Link. I recommend this software to you and a teacher like our rep.

Pros

The credit card process I like the most cause I have the time I needed to do other stuff, with out a maintenance man on the 1st it was awful.

Cons

Give a credit when customer has zero balance, or maybe I don't know how.

Response from SiteLink Software

Hi Frances,

Thank you for the kind words. Sebastian is one of 6 sales people who are not "typical" sales. Sales has to know the program inside and out, not just "sell" it. Every person here worked in technical support when they first started at SiteLink. Everyone here has to know our product.

I am glad you see the faster operation and added features of Web Edition, vs the older PC-based SiteLink. Web Edition is a huge step up, not just "doing the same as PC-based SiteLink, just on the Internet."

Consider adding ACH or bank draft to eliminate credit card fees. Ask us to get started - SiteLink Merchant Services offers both ACH and credit card processing!

Finally, there are ways to give tenants credits even if they do not owe anything. Please call or email us to show how. One such method: create a new charge, apply a credit. That way, we track all liabilities and respective dates on financial reports; both on the accrual or cash basis of accounting.

Shelley F.
Industry: Facilities Services

SL Tech Support is THE BEST & AWESOME!!!

Reviewed on 2017/02/23

I called in to ask basically a couple of questions on the Rent Roll report. After about 30 minutes on the phone with Customer support representative, I HAVE LEARNED A PLETHORA OF KNOWLEDGE ON HOW SITELINK REPORTING, TENANT MANAGEMENT, AND SET UP OPTIONS WORK! I AM SO EXCITED!! I AM CALLING THE OWNERS RIGHT NOW AND TELLING THEM I WANT TO HAVE A SL SPECIALIST TO TEACH ME MORE! I'M NOT TYPICALLY THIS "GEEKY", BUT that Customer support representative HAS ME SO EXCITED ABOUT LEARNING MORE AND MORE! I WANT TO NOW TACKLE SITELINKS MERCHANT PROGRAM BECAUSE WE ARE NOT USING THEM RIGHT NOW (WE USE SBOA) AND I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT SL'S PROGRAM! Additionally, EVERY SINGLE TIME I CALL IN TO SL'S , CHOOSE OPTION #2, I ALWAYS GET PROMPT ATTENTION, EVERY SINGLE TIME IT'S LITERALLY LESS THAN ONE MINUTE TO GET A LIVE PERSON ON THE PHONE. IN TODAY'S WORLD, WHERE BIG CORPORATIONS DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TO THEIR USERS, SL NAILS IT - I AM ONE EXCITED GIRL RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OF SITELINK AND WHAT'S TO COME IN THE FUTURE! BIG THANKS TO ALL, BUT A VERY SPECIAL THANKS TO Customer support representative guy BECAUSE HE CLEARED UP SO MANY THINGS FOR ME TODAY AND TAUGHT ME A LOT OF STUFF THAT I CAN PASS ON. I AM LOVING IT! THANK YOU! :)

Pros

USER FRIENDLY, INTUITIVE, TECH SUPPORT, THE FACT YOU HAVE A REPORTING SPECIALIST I CAN ACTUALLY CALL AND HE WILL ANSWER, AND SL'S DEDICATION TO PROVIDING EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE, AS WE DO AT OUR FACILITY, LOVING THIS "PARTNERSHIP" WITH THEM!

Cons

THAT I DON'T KNOW IT ALL INSIDE AND OUT RIGHT NOW! (lol But that's NOT A SL CON) :)

Response from SiteLink Software

Your passion is contagious, thank you! Thank you for your effort to reach out and ask questions. You can get so many ideas out of the same one report (like the Rent Roll), depending on your goal.

Export it (all reports export to pdf, excel and txt) to excel to get so much more. Email reports on the fly, or schedule regular emails, and select the file type (excel, pdf, txt)

There is no substitute for support and training, as you explain so well. That's why we take phone service so seriously. We live and die by customer satisfaction and offer so many different flavors of service: we like to travel to stores or have owners and managers come to our office. ALL ,not just some, who visit us have told us:

1. our people make the difference. Every visitor has been blown away by the discipline, knowledge and professionalism of our group.

2. the collegial, cooperative culture (including canine companions) delivers quality output.

So please, visit! Thank you!

Lorie G.

An Awesome Experience!

Reviewed on 2016/06/17

We have been using Sitelink Web Edition and Corporate Control Centre for years. When they said they had become merchant service providers, we were immediately intrigued by the idea. We thought we'd give it a try with a handful of new acquisitions, I mean - why not? We had such a positive experience that we chose to move all our merchant services to Sitelink.

Pros

The biggest advantage of using Sitelink and Sitelink Merchant Services is the seamless usage. What I mean about that is...when a transaction doesn't record properly in Sitelink, or on a tenants card, there is no ability for finger pointing between Management system and Merchant supplier, no back and forth - Sitelink just handles it. And I must say, we haven't even had any instances of that - our prior Management System and Merchant supplier, would send us back and forth so many times that we would just give up and manually record or refund to make it right. We've seen a lot of systems over the years, as we acquire and take on previous systems and convert them. We now convert to Sitelink - Day One! We also smile to ourselves when we learn a selling location is already ON Sitelink , we know our lives are going to be so much easier. The Sitelink team are top-notch, they not only know what THEY are doing, the are not satisfied until WE know what we are doing - quite a feat for a technology company! Unsurpassed!! As far as conversions go - Sitelink does it all - easy peasy!

Cons

The only Con I can think of for Merchant Services is the paperwork to get through! I have to say this was a complaint of mine on our previous suppliers as well, however. Really, there is no different, but once it's all signed up - it's just a sit back and wait until the debit machines are delivered, charge them up and plug them in - it's just that easy!

Response from SiteLink Software

Thank you so much for the comments! We are always working on reducing the application process. It does depend on the store - the first one can take longer than all subsequent ones, for example. And, our OneSupport, our in-house service for software and merchant processing under 1 roof sets up your merchant accounts in SiteLink. You no longer need to waste time doing that yourself...Thanks so much!

Susan P.

Happy with Web Edition

Reviewed on 2017/03/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I feel like it's easy to use. Particularly the move in/move out and transfer process. I think the credit card process is easy to use too. If ever I have a problem the folks at SiteLink are always ready to help.

Cons

That it's not available on my mobile device. I think it would be beneficial to have this Web Edition available on a mobile device to be able to access when not in office.

Response from Chuck

"We appreciate the positive review Susan; thank you! SiteLink's Customer Support Representatives pride themselves on answering any question and solving any issue quickly in an upbeat, friendly manner. And because SiteLink incorporate's TeamViewer screen-sharing technology, the support team is able to remotely walk a customer through the answer using the customer's own computer.

To address the Con you listed as 'not being available on your mobile device", we wanted to point out that there are a number of functions you can access from your phone. You may login to myhub.sitelink.com in any web browser on any device (tablet, smartphone, PC or MAC) using your same SiteLink Web Edition login credentials. Currently you can perform move-ins/outs, transfers and take payments using SiteLink myHub (a free browser-based companion to SiteLink Web Edition.) Also included is eFile management for electronic lease processing, monitoring, follow-up and lightening fast lease audits. Access an interactive Walk-though report right from your phone; add notes, mark a unit as overlocked, etc. - all being synced with your SiteLink Web Edition database in the cloud. View a number of reports and even a high-level reporting dashboard using SiteLink myHub. And this is only the beginning, additional functions will be added to SiteLink myHub this year. Give it a try and let us know what you think; call our customer support if you have any questions whatsoever. "

Melissa B.
Industry: Consumer Services

First time Manager/co-owner of self storage

Reviewed on 2018/02/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It takes a team to be successful. I’m glad I have SiteLink. I’m not a computer expert so all this was a challenge for me. Every time I thought I couldn’t, SiteLink taught me that I could.

Pros

SiteLink’s customer service. I don’ have to wait long to receive help with an issue. SiteLink has great teaching videos.

Cons

I have to purchase other software. I would have liked a bundle purchase under one company. Example: Sitelink, Blue Moon, Gate, Card Merchant.

Response from Chuck

Glad to hear you are using our live support; we are here to help you! Thank you Melissa for leaving us a 5 star review. To clear up a few of your concerns, SiteLink does offer bundle solutions for credit card processing through our SiteLink Merchant Services with the industry-first OneSupport delivering software and payment processing support under one roof. And while SiteLink doesn't manufacture gate systems we do seamlessly integrate with most on the market. SiteLink's integration with Blue Moon for the TSSA lease is second to none and is fully integrated with SiteLink eSign™, the free electric signature capture and storage tool built right into SiteLink Web Edition, you do not even have to leave SiteLink to initiate, receive or resend lease agreements. Not ready for eSign, no problem, the Blue Moon integration will grab the current TSSA lease and pre-populate it with client and unit information and all you have to do is print and have customer sign. While bundling everything within a single company sounds like a good approach, it is sometimes best to let experts in certain fields do what they do best. It is why many luxury car manufacturers use Bose stereo systems rather than build the stereos and speakers themselves - it allows them to focus on the car itself. Same holds true for self-storage management software.

If you haven't registered for the free SiteLink Certified Professional training program, please do so at training.sitelink.com and accelerate your learning. Please think of SiteLink as a partner - not only in support and training, but as a resource for all things self-storage. Visit StorageFroum.Sitelink.com, a discussion-based website designed for the SiteLink community and open to the self-storage industry as a whole. In StorageForum, users can discuss SiteLink software, ask industry-specific questions, discover marketplace partners and explore the unique aspects of the self-storage business. Take advantage of our online training videos, FAQs, support and industry webinars, and of course keep taking advantage of our live Tech Support to assist with anything that comes up. Good luck on your latest endeavor, we are here to help with your success and as always, never hesitate to give us a call.

Ron K.

Price point

Reviewed on 2018/11/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I have used Sitelink since December 2010. I have been very pleased with the product and tech support. Tech support is fantastic.

Cons

Sitelink was purchased by Sparefoot. I knew when that announcement was made the price would go up. And so it did. They have approached my price point. I'll be looking at other providers. There has also been problems with technical issues since Sparefoot purchased the company.

Response from Chuck

Hi Ron, thank you for the feedback. Customer support is our top priority, we are glad you have found value in our product and the support you receive. The decision to increase subscriptions was not unduly influenced by SpareFoot. SiteLink was going to increase rates with or without the acquisition in order to maintain the level of support and grow the features and services you receive.

SiteLink offers more than any other software. What we find is that most of our customers are using less than ½ of the program features that are included in SiteLink. Check out the free SiteLink Certified Professional courses at training.sitelink.com, the StorageForum.sitelink.com and/or any of our hundreds of YouTube videos, to see what you’re missing.

Regarding recent technical issues: new features, once developed, are tested thoroughly by our QA staff however tweaks are sometimes needed. We communicate these enhancements to our customers directly. Our newsletter and real-time status website (status.sitelink.com) are other great ways to stay on top of all SiteLink news and info.

Lastly, consider the value SiteLink software/service provides; properly implemented software should help generate revenue that far exceeds its cost. We are confident that SiteLink is still the best value in the industry.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Michael A.
Industry: Real Estate

I had SiteLink stand alone, why pay for Web Edition?

Reviewed on 2016/08/24

As a SiteLink stand alone user for years I resisted the efforts of my sales rep to switch to Web Edition and then one day he gave me a good deal and I gave in and I have never regretted it.

Pros

The revenue management tool has helped our facility increase revenue by almost 10% in our first year of using it. The ability to automate letters, past due and auction tasks has saved us a great deal of time. We have used a variety of SiteLinks partners to give our tenants many services we never could before suck as online rentals and reservations, online payments, online account management and much more.

Cons

Some of the things you need to do are not easy to find like sending an SMS message to a tenant who is not past due and a few others. Also the screen layouts could use a touch of color they are a little on the bland side.

Response from SiteLink Software

Thank you for your review!

I am very happy you switched to Web Edition and made more money! That's the best news - and our mission.

Please call us about SMS and other settings. The Reminders menu shows you automatically when to send text messages. You can send one-off texts from each tenant's Notes menu.

So, you can text from a) Tasks and Letters, b) tenant Notes menu, c) CRM menu, and d) the Reprint Forms menu.

Let us know if we can show you where to set up and send the text messages you envision.

We use standard Windows colors and regret they are not vibrant enough for you. Our new myHub, the browser based version of the web-based SiteLink Web Edition, will have a new color scheme. It's due in Q4 2016 and will run side by side Web Edition.

March C.

Superior Product

Reviewed on 2016/07/28

Been in the industry for 17 years now and we've never used anything other than SiteLink and never will.

Pros

Ease of use and conveyance of reporting. Easy to decipher information and trends.

Cons

That it doesn't have a more detailed revenue management component. Would like to be able to drill down further and have more dynamic pricing model where I could adjust rates daily or even hourly without having to conduct it manually on my own. That is where the industry's yield management is headed. In fact, it's already there with the REITS.

Response from SiteLink Software

Thank you! Limitless options exist for revenue management. SiteLink strikes a balance between an overwhelming number of features and ease of use. Fact: more owners use SiteLink vs. any other revenue management system. SiteLink's revenue management, aka Price Optimizer, adjusts prices in real time already, even on your website. Just like REITs do. The SiteLink API lets you adjust prices instantly and apply any criteria or algorithm, and change it anytime. The Price Optimizer lets you use EXCEL to apply your criteria (or algorithm) and update SiteLink prices - in real time. SiteLink integrates with Veritec and Qstrom's District Manager.

If I know what you are adjusting manually, and why, I will show you shortcuts.

Ask us about the SiteLink Special with eCommerce website - and the industry's lowest prices for small stores. Our "smallest" operators have fewer than 24 units at a single location. SiteLink always wins on price.

Darren D.

Since moving to SiteLink we have experience better performance over a similar competitor.

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

Pros

The ease of use and the Features & Funtionality is way superior than any other program I have encountered.

Cons

First is that the problems that occur after a major update has been causing everyone in the company issues with this program. I suggest better testing before roll out of an update. It appears that small changes cause bigger problems in other sections of the program that programmers are not aware that are related.

Sometimes I feel that Tech support have no clue what they are doing and I know more about their software then they do.

Response from SiteLink Software

Hi Darren, thank you for your comments. We are glad you are having a better management software experience with SiteLink over the many other options out there!

Customer support is our top priority, so thank you for your input regarding updates and service. New features, once developed, are tested thoroughly by our QA staff however tweaks are sometimes needed. We communicate these enhancements to our customers directly. Our newsletter and real-time status website (status.sitelink.com) are other great ways to stay on top of all SiteLink news and info.

Many of our techs have been here for years and we have very little turnover in our service area. I am wondering if the tech you spoke with was not sure what you were hoping to do rather than unaware of SiteLink features. Your account rep will help with these problems and ensure there are in fact no training deficiencies in our service area. Please call if you ever find our standards are not up to yours.

Thank you again!

Kevin F.

Very easy to use and has helped with collections with the ability to text customers

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

lower delinquency

Pros

being able to text customers has improved our delinquency greatly. I believe the software to have the most bells and whistles currently on the market. We were a Webselfstorage customer before then.

Cons

the texts that are sent and received are not in the system...only available through twilio. The software is very pricey compared to others and there is little to no break to use software at all stores. You would think the 2nd 3rd 4th license would be cheaper. The software can be confusing because you can process things multiple ways and some normal operations require MULTIPLE steps to complete.

Response from SiteLink Software

We appreciate your "Comments(Benefits)" about lower delinquencies. Improving past due collections alone lets SiteLink win on price. SiteLink adds even more value when you add ACH/bank draft, revenue management, robo calling, discount management, higher reservation-to-rental conversions, service and reduced cost from training via tools such as training.sitelink.com.

To compare the cost of operating a software program, owners tally the $ impact from lower delinquencies and those other items mentioned here, such as rate management. That's how SiteLink wins on price.

SiteLink does offer discounts for multiple stores.

SiteLink does record text messages in tenant notes. The unique Calls and Notes report shows text messages, emails, notes and all other comments in one place.

Let us have your account rep reach out to show how and discuss. Thanks Kevin!

Sarah G.

Works for us!

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

With the software, it gave us a better overview of how it business was running, for years we were complacent on our occupancy and turn over numbers, but seeing it in the software and the actually reports and figures, we were no where close to it capability and definitely needed improvements and better growth. In about 2 years with company changes and the software implementation, we were able to raise our occupancy by 30%, which if course in turn increased teenie and profits.

Pros

For our company this is the first and only software we used, transforming from a manual ledger system that we used for years. We finally digitized our services about 4 years ago and let me tell you, our office lives have been so much easier!! Every dept is more in tune to what's going on at the facility without physically being there. I love that you can log on anywhere you have the software installed. From reservations, move in and outs, collections and rent recieving, our office runs very efficiently.

Cons

For us, the updates are pretty excessive, we were forced to upgrade our equipment to meet the demands if the software. The learning curve can be difficult, mostly because we never used and computers in the past, so it literally took us 400 months to set up and run smoothly since none of it info was easily integrated from another database, but it was game changer for us, nonetheless.

Industry: Banking

Amazing Software!

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

Sitelink helps you easily and effectively run your facility. And monitor at any point in time what you need to do to keep improving.

Pros

I like the fact the there are so many other companies that integrate with this software. This means you can add tons of features of your choosing very easily!! The task list is also a HUGE help in running my facility. It keeps me up to date on everything I need to do!

Cons

The technical support is great at times and horrible at others. Some of the people are just very rude and act like you're bothering them. I feel like for the amount I pay for the software I should get top notch customer service.

Response from SiteLink Software

Thank you for the review! Offering choice and flexibility to our customers is one of our top priorities, and our list of integration options continues to grow. Have you seen our new Ancillary Services category in the Marketplace? As the self-storage landscape evolves, we continue to add exciting new opportunities for our customers to investigate ¿ you can choose what works for your business.

We are sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with technical support. Our team strives to be helpful, patient and understanding and anything less than that would be unacceptable. Please do not hesitate to call in the future and ask for a supervisor if you feel you have not been serviced properly. Also, you should receive a survey after the call regarding your experience with support. We take those surveys very seriously and act on them.

Michelle D.

Overall I LOVE Site Link. I would highly recommend to anyone in the self storage industry.

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Makes my job so much easier than our old software did. I'm able to help customers wherever I am not just in the office sitting at the desk.

Pros

I love that it's ever evolving meaning it just keeps getting better and better. The team takes the suggestions and implements them in their updates. I love that Site Link is moving to a complete web edition.

Cons

I would like for it to communicate with the kiosks better. I would like to be able to use the same eSign rental agreement we use at the kiosk. I would also like the discounts and specials to work better with the kiosk.
I would like to see a eSign link available in all the email forms. We currently have to copy and paste as needed when using predefined messages.

Response from SiteLink Software

Thank you so much! Give us a call to show you how to add SiteLink eSign features to any and all forms. SiteLink eSign is very different from other systems. You can add electronic signature features to any form you email or present to tenants to sign in your store, including credit card receipts with SiteLink Merchant Services.

More than 6,000 operators are now offering rentals and reservations with SiteLink on their website. Many include electronic leases and signature capture with online rentals.

As for SiteLink eSign leases on the INSOMNIAC Kiosk: we are working with INSOMNIAC to add SiteLink eSign leases but you might give them a call and remind them how much that feature would help you. Ball's in their court. Thank you!