Velocity

Company size: Self Employed

Great Company

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/01/24

I look at velocity for business quotes. I always have them quote it and I love I get to work with a company that’s open to different types of business insurance.

Pros

The quickness! When you are looking for a great business quote I always look first at velocity.

Cons

Well, maybe if we could get a business quote approved sooner but I get it’s a process.

Dawn M.

Functionality

Reviewed on 2016/10/13

I've been with my company now for close to 3 years so I'm fairly new to Velocity but my experience thus far has been excellent. The pros to the system would include Velocity's ability to maintain a database as well as the accounting functionality which I'm happy with because my previous employer had two different systems for these two functions. I've also been impressed with VRC's timely response and attention when I have questions. I rated the ease of use with 3 stars because I would like to see more hyperlinks from one screen to another allowing for easier workflow.

Overall my experience with VRC and Velocity has been excellent but as with most technology there are some learning curves to the process.

Pros

Its ability to grow as our company grows and its ability to maintain our database and our accounting information in one place.

Cons

The flow from one screen to another.

Thomas B.
Industry: Computer Software

Waste of Time Had to go back

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/08/03

Pros

The price was good but ultimately this all wound up costing me extra money and a lot of lost time.

Cons

Bad company. I had a couple of properties that i switched over and they were both canceled and i had to go back to the original company. Ultimately it was a huge waste of time.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Amy B.

Would Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 2016/10/12

We purchased VRC to be our Agency Management Solution in 2006 and it has grown and scaled with our changing needs! VRC has continually released upgrades and updates constantly improving the product per our users needs. Since using VRC we have not had to turn down a request from our owners to perform any task within our Agency. I would highly recommend this product to any one needing a flexible platform.

Pros

The flexibility of the product to perform the functions I need.

Cons

The fact that we can't make the screen bigger

Janice M.

First time user

Reviewed on 2016/10/13

My company doesn't do a lot of the accounting processes. As I learn new ways to efficiently processes within they system, I share them with my staff in an effort to make our department more proficient within the system. Each year I learn more ways to utilize the program.

Pros

The ability to modify screens to work for department purposes.

Cons

That the system processes without being in balance such as cash, general ledger, etc

John K.

Velocity - Quick Customizable Insurance Solutions

Reviewed on 2016/10/13

Velocity scripting has allowed our company to streamline and automate our workflows. Processes that would previously take someone a few hours of time everyday can now be completed with the click of a button. Velocity API's have taken our website from a static, information only experience, to a fully interactive portal. Customers can now interact in real-time to service and bind business.

Pros

Customization tools like scripting. Vast API's

Cons

User interface is outdated

William F.

Service

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

My experience wasn't terrible, however, there are competitors our there that did a little more of what I was looking for

Pros

The service we received from Velocity was top notch and I would say that's the best part of their company.

Cons

I wasn't thrilled with the document management aspect of Velocity and have since deflected to a competitor that is more aligned with our parent company

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Riley D.

We have used Velocity in my office for a little over 2 years

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

All in one program.

Pros

It is an all in one program. Onboarding new hires is much simpler compared to before we switched over; we used to have one program for accounting tasks and one for storing client info which made training a huge task.

Cons

There are certain tasks that are difficult to reverse, such as when a mistake is made when generating an invoice.

Blanca G.

First Time User

Reviewed on 2016/10/13

My overall experience was good. This is my second time attending the conference and have gained a lot of knowledge. One of my favorite parts was knowing a little more about the VRC team!

Pros

The scripting feature which allows you to customize your process more.

Cons

At this time, we cannot make the Velocity screen bigger.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Velocity Review

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

Pros

They have a built in rating, self service portals for the clients, you can custom apps as well.

Cons

The ease of use is not that helpful. The flow from screen to screen is challenging, you cant make the screen bigger if needed, However, once you get use to this, it works pretty well.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Ryan W.

Reviewing Velocity

Reviewed on 2016/10/12

I like the multi-functionality of Velocity and ability to pull various information around from various screens.

Pros

The software is user friendly.

Cons

Some of the limitations regarding back end scripting.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Richard T.

Super flexibility, rock solid Oracle base with friendly personal support

Reviewed on 2016/10/13

Have been using Velocity for 5 years. Have found it solid and reliable.
The interface is a little querky and can appear daunting at first but it is highly flexible, benefits greatly from impressive customization abilities, with its in built scripting tool and external code interfaces.
Most importantly, it is very quick to set up new business lines, needing minimal input from the VRC team, though they are always ready to advise and help.

Matt T.

Velocity review

Reviewed on 2016/10/17

The big downside to the software to me is the GUI. But with the addition of all of the portals we can make/use, and the future with the new dashboard, this can be a non issue. The back end of Velocity, especially with all the rating results, are spot on every time.

Tushar P.
Industry: Automotive
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Very good application

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

It helped in solving many problems and useful for many engineer to review.

Pros

Velocity app Allow user to use features user friendly and give more easiness to perform operation.

Cons

This app icon is not feasible. It resembles with the icon of other apps which is not so cool.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Donnavan T.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

First Impression

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2016/10/13

I've just started using Velocity, so I have very limited experience. However, from by experience thus far, it seems to be a very robust system. For the most part, the navigation is straight forward; it seems to meet the needs of our organization, although we are new users of the system. We look forward exploring deeper Velocity's capabilities to help support our administration.

Pros

It seems like the industry standard, and it's pretty evident why.

Cons

Still getting a feel for it.