Favro

The agile collaboration app for organizational flow.

Nathan S.
  • Industry: Computer Games

A great, intuitive tool for tracking tasks and monitoring project process.

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Good, collective high-level alignment for our project. More team involvement in the production process.

Pros

The intuitiveness and flexibility of Favro's boards makes it one of the easiest production tools to use for high-level planning and execution.
The visual design also makes it more appealing to use for most creative-minded folks.

Cons

The same flexibility that is great in some situations works against Favro in other situations. Templatizing for work flows and bug tracking is not as easy to do in Favro currently.
It is very pricey, especially if you would like to try it out for personal use.

Ivan S.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Welcoming software screaming to get hands-on

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

The software can be used across departments connecting people and departments in a collaborative platform. And it is very friendly to share the project progress during meetings.

Pros

Favro is friendly, super flexible and yet powerful when going skin deep. The system is built around super-customizable tasks called CARDS. CARDS can be connected to each other, or arranged hierarchically. CARDS can contain checklists like a list of subtasks, a list of languages to translate, whatever.
The CARDS can be grouped in BACKLOGS which are containers that will do for AGILE working styles but also for more traditional project management. They are not a Gantt chart yet I am pleased that I can have a list reflecting when the tasks (CARDS) have to happen, by whom, and grouped under project stages (for which I create a CARD one level up).
The approach is completed with BOARDS, a very Agile approach in which CARDS are placed in columns. Favro beats its competitors in that you can build as many columns as required with whatever labels. In example To-Do/Doing/Completed, or In analysis/Approved/In progress/Under testing/Ready/Closed, you choose. Favro strength is its flexibility, making it suitable for Marketing, a software development team, a Manufacturing company, Sales department, you name it. You can fit in any project.
To round off a CARD can live in more than one BACKLOG and one BOARD. This allows to make very powerful views on the tasks, like concurrently in a Dev team BOARD (To-Do/Doing/Completed) as the manager BOARD (Goals Q1/Goals Q2/Goals Q3) and yet still be one single task (CARD) maintained by all these roles. A BOARD can have more than one LANE i.e. for the

Cons

The obvious con of so much flexibility is that at first it is not clear what will be the best way to use it, and some users may even feel lost. Actually it could be easy to make a few bad choices in the start and find yourself with a hard to maintain collection of boards and backlogs. Also the flexible categorization can make searching for existing tasks (CARDS) a dark science scrolling through a long list in which you have to hope you found all the relevant CARDS, the alternative being to go to the full featured reporting system. Being a new contender in the category at the moment it lacks the expansive list of integrations that some of their competitors have, yet the frequent updates denote they will catch up quickly.

Taylor P.

Favro has been great - we migrated from Trello, and it has been overall pretty seamless.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Overall - this has been a great productivity software. We have very much enjoyed the ability to have cards live in multiple locations, so that people in different departments can all make updates to the same card.

Pros

The ability to have cards live in multiple locations is the #1 reason we switched from Trello to Favro. The Marketing and Product teams have separate boards, but, often work together on tasks. It is great to have a single card or group of cards live in multiple locations, so that when anyone makes an update to the card, it is updated for everyone.

Cons

Management of cards and boards isn't as easy as I'd like it to be. Every week, we make a new board for tasks that we want to accomplish that week, and we move the cards between columns as we make progress on them. When we complete the task, we move the card all the way over to a 'Done' column that we create. The columns are the same every week, and each week we need to manually create a new board and all of the columns. It would be great if we could have a new board automatically created each week to satisfy this. Or, at the very least, be able to create new boards from a template, to make this process easier.

Additionally, managing tags is a bit of a problem. We migrated our boards over from Trello, so the old Product team boards and Marketing team boards from Trello each had their own tags, but, some of them overlapped. Favro doesn't offer a way to manage these tags and clean them up, so, assigning tags is difficult. For example, there could be 3 distinct tags for Video: "Video", "video", and "Vids". When creating a new card, and assigning a tag to the card, if I type in 'vid', all 3 of these tags are available to assign to the card. I have to know which tag I'm supposed to use and which I'm supposed to ignore. If I choose the incorrect tag, that could make finding a card later on more difficult.

Susan B.
  • Industry: Program Development

Organized, functional, keeps team on task, provides transparency about WIP

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

My team knows exactly what to work on, and stakeholder know all the projects that are currently WIP, or on deck.

Pros

1. Having a customizable backlog in addition to Kanban boards for team members.
2. The estimation field helps us follow scrum/agile process.
3. The ability to tag members, setup workflow rules, card limits, and manage a checklist of tasks to complete that card.
4. Private To Do list

Cons

1. Would like a "Go To" link to be able to open the card in it's location (whether in a different collection, backlog or board).
2. A way to sort my backlog ( rearrange order by card title, board location, dates, estimation, tags, members, etc.)
3. Double-click to open attachments instead of downloading.
4. The option to add a card from a backlog to a specific columns on a Kanban board (Doing, Done, etc.)
5. Adding/Moving a backlog card to the bottom of the list instead of to the top of the first column.
6. Sync the order/prioritization of backlog cards with a column on the Kanban Board. Meaning, if I have prioritized cards in the backlog, to have that prioritization reflected in the Kanban column.
7. An option to remove tagged jobs from the private To Do list.
8. To have a full screen view of the backlog, similar to what you have for the boards.

Damiaan M.
  • Industry: Design

EXCELLENT, but a few minor functionalities missing

Reviewed on 2016/10/28

We've recently made the transition from Trello to Favro, and on the whole we're very happy with the quality of the software and the service provided. The only constructive criticism i have is:

- having to download linked files to preview them, in trello you could view files linked to cards in browser without having to download them first. This is an essential functionality that favro is sorely lacking!

- when you have multiple long collections of different long lists, it can become quite complicated to navigate around the collections, maybe an expanded set of shortcuts allowing you to jump from collection to collection and card to card could be quite useful in terms of the user experience. At the moment it can be quite tricky to find specific cards in big collections.

Cheers,

Damiaan

Pros

Great UI and UX design, very useful for keeping track of big projects with lots of moving parts

Cons

no linked file preview on cards,

confusing to navigate large collections

Colleen M.

Overall great for managing our project - a bit lacking in search

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

It helps our team manage what features we're working on and what we would like to build in the future.

Pros

We use Favro to manage one product with a small team, having made the switch from Trello when that product couldn't handle our card volume. It's good as organizational software goes. It's nice that you can link cards together. The ability to have multiple boards and backlogs within the space, and to categorize cards within a backlog, are major selling points over Trello.

Cons

It's very difficult to find cards. In Trello you can just do a search and it'll find you cards that have your search terms anywhere. In Favro you have to do an advanced search and look for your search team in individual fields (title, description, etc). This has definitely led to some resentment within our team because it's difficult to track things down.

Jonathan O.

Great software! Highly recommendable for any business!

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

Our overall experience is very positive. We are extremely satisfied with the system, as we use it to both manage our day-to-day tasks and our various projects - both client projects and internal projects. We use a mix of agile and waterfall methodology when planning and managing our projects and the possibility to create a project plan (tree view) and have a corresponding board next it, is one of our favorite features!

Pros

The flexibility of being able to set up multiple collections with boards and lists (even project plans). It makes a mix of conventional project management methods (waterfall) and agile methodology work in one software. Furthermore the reports which can be created out of the software bring even more value to managing the business with Favro.

Cons

One thing that is missing for our organization is the possiblity to sort the cards when looking at "Cards assigned to me".

Karel S.

Very powerful tool bringing the best from Trello and adding exactly what I was missing.

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Pros

We can look at our work in any scale we want and keep everything connected. It is possible to both comprehensively present high-level roadmap to the stakeholders and keeps the tiny tasks for the development team in the same app. This is huge in terms of sustainability and maintenance of our work.

The tool is incredibly flexible and I'm still trying to get the best from it.

Cons

Sometimes Favro can be overwhelming. Just today I was creating a huge WBS and I was scared I am missing something since the project tree hierarchy is missing some kind of visual cues to prevent accidents (like more group spacing).

Favro is a little bit slow I get a feeling like an app is not running super smoothly like Trello for example and the lag disturbs me a bit. More problematic, however, is the fact that it sometimes hangs up on me altogether I cannot scroll in the backlog for example and need to reload the page.

But my biggest trouble is with card moving when I want to move or add a card to a board or backlog, there is no indication of the collection name and my backlogs and boards are usually simply called "Backlog" and "Board".

I understand that this can be considered a feature more than a bug since the magic of Favro is based on the fact that a board or a backlog can live in multiple places, but still, the collection is my main workspace and my it helps me navigate.

This leads to manual card manipulation using a good old mouse. Which is fine until you need to move card between collections.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great enhancement to Trello-style Kanban with some unpolished edges

Reviewed on 2018/10/13

It's a positive experience and so far I've used it for two projects I manage (invited 20+ co-workers to join). I hope the integration with other tools especially JIRA are even more thorough (it's functional right now, but not to a point I can just rely on that without manual touches)

Pros

Features. Features. Features. It's fully packed with features I dreamed of in Trello and now all available and even better. The visual style is appealing and the product itself is solid

Cons

There're some rough edges in how the web app is loaded in the browser. For large boards it takes a long pause, sometimes so long that I wonder if the board is empty.

The pricing is on the expensive side. Lack of a personal / individual plan is also unfortunate so I can't use that for both professional and personal projects.

• Industry: Machinery

Trello on steroids

Reviewed on 2018/08/04

It’s something my whole job is built on. Can’t live without it.

Pros

I love this software. It provides the structure for my scrum team and yet is flexible like Trello. The boards within our account all share a common incremental numbering system so we can refer to cards and have a logical link to them we can share with people outside the company.

Cons

I don’t like that you have to click to save some items and hitting enter on the keyboard works other times. It’s not consistent. But the staff are quick to answer questions and add new items to their bug list.

Sylvie G.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Convenient to work with a large team

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

Pros

Our company has a very high load and hard work: every day we carry out 7-10 projects. So that employees always clearly know their task, we use Favro. It is ideal for visualizing tasks. Employees can be assigned to each of them and it is easy to track progress.

Cons

It is a pity that the performance of the application on different platforms is very different. On Android it is impossible to work, the application crashes constantly. But on iOS, everything is in order.

Stephanie F.

More detailed than Trello

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

Much better than Trello and more organised.

Good to have people on chat support

Pros

We use Favro mostly for the detailed time tracking software - to push out reports at the end of each working week.

Cons

It would be good to have collapsable rows in each collection to make the board more compact.
We are making new collections per project as we like the collapsable lanes.
Sometimes when we have finished with a project we want to move it all under one collection like an older archived list but obviously, can't put a collection in a collection.

It would also be useful to put the cards into a scroll list like Trello. As the pages become very long to get to the bottom when there are a lot of cards on one list.

Another useful feature would be to add 'cost' onto the card, as well as estimation and time sheet.

Trello also had the option to search for all boards in the top right. I can only search for another board or collection when on a collection. If I am on a singular board, I can't get use the search feature.

Ashish A.

Overall experience of using favro is quite good compared to other trackers that I have been...

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

It helps us organise our tasks. With multiple people working across the globe, we can find out who is working on what and whats the status of a particular task is. Also, feedback is made easy by commenting on the cards. So, overall it helps us move our project help providing easy collaboration.

Pros

The ease of use. Moving tickets by dragging and dropping resembles the board where we use sticky notes for tracking tasks. In addition we can add additional description and attachments too that is very helpful. I like the way favro helps me organise our tasks.

Cons

There should be an option to assign the card to a particular member. There is an option to add members but is not similar to assignee.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Great For Keeping Track of Projects

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

I think it works great. I was a little skeptical when first thinking of using it, but now I like it much better than any other task management system I've used!

Pros

I love the fact that it incorporates a spreadsheet element and "cards" and seamlessly pulls from one to the other. Super easy to wrap my head around that system!

Cons

There are occasionally little bugs that I run into, but they honestly seem to be really good at updating and fixing those things that I do encounter.

Daivat D.

Does what it is intended to do

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Pros

- This has saved countless hours for the product team as Sales and Support can look up FAQs about products without having to ping individuals each time they have a question
- The verification engine is very well thought out and works like a charm
- Slack integration is great as that is where most users first start when they have a question

Cons

- It is a bit pricey if you want to use all the functionality including Salesforce integration and analytics

Benjamín D.
  • Industry: Computer Games

Scrum made easy with lots of customizations for any kind of workflows

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

More organization between all the people in the company, even if they belong to different teams

Pros

Customizations and rules that you can asign to the board and columns. Also the cards templatizations.

Cons

Sometimes it's slow and you need to filter cards or boards improve the performance.
It lacks some features like:
- some way to see the people diary (what was done some concrete day), storing more info when a card is moved to concrete column in the board, not only the first time moved, because sometimes a task is interrupted and resumed later.
- A tipical scrum blackboard view with tasks ordered by user stories

Kasia B.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Amazing!

Reviewed on 2018/05/25

Gave me the ability to organize my project and school tasks in the way I use to on paper but now online and accessed anywhere.

Pros

The ability to have cards show up in more than one place. I like that I can have them stored in a backlog and have them under different columns in a board. This app has drastically improved how I organize my projects and school work at university.
It also has a clean and user friendly interface.
And being able to

Cons

I wish there was a feature to sort cards by the column titles in a backlog project tree view. No other complaints.

• Industry: Music

User in a team on non-techies in a startup doing some workarounds to make favro fit

Reviewed on 2017/12/04

I can asily filter out everyone else and focus on what I need to be doing.

Pros

Everyone's involved, and we are easily thrown into projects where we are needed. It is exact, to the point and a lot faster to set up tasks and projects than in Jira.

Cons

Recurring tasks is a big one for us. Currently we're just moving to the right in new Monthly columns. I like to actually have things checked off as done, but these cards just follow us month to month (which is what we need but doesn't give a sense of closure and also offsets a lot of features to measure our progress)

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Just awesome

Reviewed on 2018/11/22

I am much more organized

Pros

- Love just LOVE that I can boards and backlog within the same page (The main reason I choose Favro)
- Mirroring tasks helps me and the team get make sure they can create their own dashboard
- Visually stunning

Cons

- the TO DO list. Just awful. It really sucks. I mean this is quick and easy fix. (Main reason I would NOT use Favro)
- Pricing. Minimum bundle is 5 subscribers!!!! Really? they would make so much more money by enabling smaller teams use Favro. (I now use Asana because of this)

Ifeanyi O.
  • Industry: Computer Games

Favro is great to use for kanban type planning, which suits me best

Reviewed on 2018/04/17

Pros

I like Favro because of its ease of use. It has a really low learning curve. Its also great because of its software integration is great. This means that Favro can be customised to suit a user's needs

Cons

I feel that Favro needs hourly tacking. Currently its easy to track tasks in terms of days and weeks, but it makes it a little tricky for hourly tracking.

Maxim N.

Good collaboration tools

Reviewed on 2018/12/31

Pros

In our company, Favro has been used for 2 years. I really liked that it didn’t take long to set up the workflow. It has at its disposal a huge number of functions we need.

Cons

On iOS, the application does not work well. There is not enough availability to keep track of archived cards that I find difficult to find even during the search.

Patricius W.
  • Industry: Government Administration

A very simple and great tool to manage my projects. It's more like a tool it's my pm weapon....

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

I manage all my projects. I see them all on one view. Thats the greatest with the tags i can ever see the timeline of project.

Pros

Simple
Great: UX
Great: UI
Great Design
Runs in Browser
Good Price
Company answers fast
Very cool!

Cons

I miss a time track tool for the project like in the "Tyme" for Apple iPhones. That will be a really great step to the front!

Jordan R.
  • Industry: Design
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Excellent project management software that keeps projects easy to track and hard to forget

Reviewed on 2017/11/28

organization and project management (keeping projects on time and completed in full)

Pros

Easy to use interface; can make updates quickly and easily; permissions keep things clean; time tracking is easy to use and allocate time per project; notifications keep updated on boards that I rarely use but need to be privy to information

Cons

When using 'tree view' it's difficult to understand that card-within-a- card I'm working on.
Tracking hours for more than one day (have to track hours each day rather than monthly)

Laura P.

Favro has totally transformed how we manage projects and workloads

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Really helpful project management tool in terms of managing current sprint and planning future work.

Pros

Gives clients visibility of work and allows developers and designers to communicate with them really clearly on individual tasks, cutting down on email chains and admin time. It also has a really helpful calendar tool.

Cons

We have a board that contains a lot of backlogs and you have to let everything load before you can do anything, which can be frustrating.

Carla N.

Simple interface, easy learning

Reviewed on 2018/04/17

Pros

Ramp up learning is quite fast as features are both simple and easy to use. Easy to upload pictures, copy tickets, and share card details with others.

Cons

Better search features; sometimes can't find what I'm looking for even though I entered exact words that match a ticket.