Workplace from Meta Reviews

Workplace from Meta

4.4 (1,339)
Write a Review!
A simple and secure way to connect your organization.

(1,339)

Alvaro
Alvaro
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

No training needed... everybody knows Facebook!

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Facebook for the office (i.e., via Workplace) has helped our company in terms of community and culture building, communication, collaboration, keeping up to date with the happenings across different departments and teams, messaging via direct chat, group chat, audio, video calls... there's a ton of features that make this a really worth it investment for any company big or small.

Pros

Almost everyone (except the rather super senior employees) have been using Facebook social media app... They know how it works, its functionalities, and benefits for keeping in touch with the people that matter to them... now, we have exactly the same app.. for use in the office workplace. Therefore, no training needed. Everyone on-board right away.

Workplace replaced many of our internal apps (repositories, messaging, collaboration portal, etc). We now use workplace for community building, direct and group/project messaging, sharing of files, photos, and updates, audio and video calls, and live streaming of office events (which also serve as a recording device for late viewing).

Everything you love about social Facebook, now available for exclusive work and office use.

Cons

Data security is and will always be a concern for the modern digital man. Although we know that this is a paid service, hence the data is supposed to be private and secure because it is not meant to be used for ads, and what not... Security, especially of recent, is always a big question mark and concern.

Muhammad Zubair
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Expose Your Abilities in an Organization with Workplace by Facebook

Reviewed on 2021/05/25

Workplace from Facebook is indeed a superb tool for communication, file sharing, and limited collaboration, but it also lacks some basic features that require an organization for proposals and progress tracking.

Although, our experience with Workplace is quite good as it has most of the tools that are required by an enterprise-like organization.

Pros

It is a time when every organization wants its employees to become more productive when it comes to working remotely. Workplace by Facebook is providing great collaboration to build closeness between employees and management, everyone becomes important when they get the power to communicate all the time.

The best thing to appreciate is that it has a similar user interface as Facebook, therefore it does not require any special training for the members.

Going live is very simple for various organizational or personal events, adding participants is also quite simple.

The video streaming feature is a time-saver, anyone can reach the whole organization or a group any time as desired.

Voice and video calling features make members reach any team member with just one tap, it also allows to add participants for meetings and routine discussions.

Every general post or event appears on the newsfeed, it keeps everyone updated with whatever occurs within an organization or a department.

If there are different teams, simply make groups and add team members into them, collaborate with everyone conveniently, and communicate about assigned tasks to an individual or a whole group.

Cons

The main focus of Workplace is on communication like Facebook, but it lacks progress tracking features, assigning tasks, and getting follow-ups in real-time.

Sometimes, we need proposals to be reviewed and approved by the management or clients, it would be great if there is a feature to add proposals and send them to desired members for review and approvals.

Zoho Connect, Microsoft Teams, Slack and Citrix Workspace

Reasons for Choosing Workplace from Meta

People or more addicted to Facebook, so we moved to Workplace for more familiarity with Facebook.

Microsoft Viva Engage

Reasons for Switching to Workplace from Meta

Our familiarity with Facebook and pricing.
Vincent

Gets the job done, but it's often in your way.

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

I use Workplace daily for team communication, and while it gets the job done it frequently is in your way, and needs workarounds for simple tasks such as sending images or links are implemented poorly.

Pros

- The UI is consistent and nice to look at.
- It has a lot of customization options.
- Group chats are very easy to create and manage

Cons

- Every link in the chat is proxied through the platform, so you need to be logged in the browser to open any link
- The desktop app is poorly done, often requiring restarts/refresh
- Images get proxied as well, which often results in loss of quality, so they need to be packaged in a zip file beforehand.

Stacy
  • Industry: Events Services

All in one package

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

We do event planning and put on a lot of events through out the year. A lot of the other similar solutions were mainly geared towards product creation or project completion. We needed something that was familiar and would be easy to train employees. Since this is a Facebook product, we knew this would be easy for our group to pick up and start using. We are a non-for-profit and most of our employees are volunteers, so we needed a solution that would give us fast and immediate communication with our employees. We needed a way to post our upcoming events, and then poll our workforce to who would be available to assist. This was the perfect fit for what we were looking for.

Pros

The software not only provides messaging. but also audio and video calling. There are two separate apps for this software. One is the Workplace app, which works the same as on your computer. The second is the Workplace Chat app. This app is very helpful in communication, as you can video and call via the app, as well as text message. File sharing can also be done via the chat.

Cons

The admin controls don't allow full access. Things like removing an employee, have to be done via email to support. You can deactivate an employee, which has the same effect, but simple employee removal is a must for most organizations.

Quip, Microsoft Teams, Slack and Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Workplace from Meta

The others either didn't have an "all in one solution," or they were simply over complicated. We needed communication and not project management. While some did have great features, the lacked in providing the basic items that we required, such a a mobile app with chat, and video conferencing.
Joanna
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Team communication is here!

Reviewed on 2022/11/20

Pros

I love how easily I can communicate with people who work remote within the company.

Cons

Is isn't as flushed out as other programs I've used but I think for what our needs are that works!

Asana

Reasons for Choosing Workplace from Meta

I didn't need as many features

Traction

Reasons for Switching to Workplace from Meta

I didn't want to pay as much when we didn't need as much
Eric
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Workplace is EASILY the best software out currently to collaborate within your company.

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

Overall, amazing experience. I yearn for the day we bring back Workplace.

Overall, amazing experience. I yearn for the day we bring back Workplace.

Pros

The fact that everyone uses facebook and is familiar with the interface, is almost reason alone to use it.

We had some older employees who never even used facebook and it was so simple for them to pick up.

I love that it brings everyone together and can really build morale with being able to congratulate team members in front of everyone, post pictures, company protocol changes, literally ANYTHING you need to get out to your team...Workplace makes it simple.

I wish we hadn’t gone away from it. I still complain to this day our company decided to change software.

Cons

Can’t even honestly think of a single thing negative to say. It worked flawlessly.

Kunal
  • Industry: Legal Services

Easy and fun to use

Reviewed on 2022/12/13

I would rate it 10/10. No problems and would recommend people to use it.

I would rate it 10/10. No problems and would recommend people to use it.

Pros

The best feature is the price, it starts at only $4 per person per month, you can create unlimited number of work groups, ability to highlight posts as important for immediate attention. The best part is auto captioning in videos and I am able to invite people without business email to workplace.

Cons

There is not much to dislike about Workplace, however I find the news feed section a bit distracting at time and also it would be nice if we can have an option to segment the market better. Other than that it is a very good platform to work on.

Reasons for Switching to Workplace from Meta

It is a more recognised platform and almost everyone is comfortable using it.
Brandy

Amazing way to find local jobs

Reviewed on 2020/11/28

I think it's great! It's a very intuitive way to find new employment.

I think it's great! It's a very intuitive way to find new employment.

Pros

Easy way to connect with potential employers, Easy to use and navigate through different postings. A great way to see what employers are hiring around your area

Cons

It tends to show jobs that are too far away to apply to.

• Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Meta for workplace Usability

Reviewed on 2023/02/14

Overall experience is best

Overall experience is best

Pros

It can strengthen of product of any organization and attracting more client. Its easier to understand. Its useful for global entrepreneurs. It has over 50 integrations of popular tools like onedrive.

Cons

Facebook new name meta. Meta is very professional. Nothing find negative

Visual Studio Code

Reasons for Switching to Workplace from Meta

Meta is well known brand. Its very powerful tool for managing both employees and employers,to listening their staff and their innovative views. Because keeping their subordinate engaged is every organization mission '.
Md
Md
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Facebook is my work assistant and retirement partner.

Reviewed on 2020/02/08

Of the 7.53 billion people in the world today, 2.4 billion people use Facebook, so there's nothing more to say about Facebook's popularity. Apart from the higher educated people, the less educated people can use Facebook very easily and this is why news of one place in the world spreads to other places. The news that popular media can't promote is on Facebook.

Pros

Facebook has taken a big leap as a social media platform. Facebook is deeply embedded in our daily lives. The importance of Facebook in the workplace is immense, so the work can be easily shared by the team. Currently Facebook is a large marketplace, with more subscribers, the advertisement is easily visible in the eyes of the people. Facebook has become such a friend of the people, that it can be easily shared with everyone on the timeline, regardless of the hardships and pleasures of the mind. Many lost friends of school life are found through Facebook. Audio calling In addition to the video calling facility, live chat can be shared with everyone.

Cons

Facebook has a lot of negative effects that are unknown to anyone. Facebook is considered a drug addiction, the boys and girls of the current generation are spoiling their education while chatting on Facebook. The illiterate people confuse others with irrelevant pictures on Facebook they do not understand. If the device is not secured, private files can be easily viewed by anyone and can delete important images, One of the major problems is that the photos uploaded to Facebook become much smaller than before.

Milan
  • Industry: Hospitality

Best Social Media to expand business

Reviewed on 2020/03/30

I have joined facebook hotel motel association group in 2017 and ever since i was able to find my answers for business related within a minute. thousands of people own more than 2 hotels with different franchise and you can talk to them within a minute them through facebook. Honestly I used facebook hotel group when i bought my second hotel. I asked everything about what do i need to require for business pip if i buy this property and what will be ADR and profit margin and what is franchise fees. I had really good positive experience before i buy this propert through facebook.

Pros

2.4 billion people use Facebook in this world. What else you need to talk about your business? As a two big hotels owner, we use facebook for business purpose more than social purpose. We have more than five hotel motel association groups in facebook where you can talk to anyone in united states who owns hotel motel business. In these group you can talked about hows business in different state, you can buy some used product for hotel use like furniture or equipment with good price. You can always talk about whenever you will going to get your hotel inspect etc. What do you required to meed different hotel franchise and all.

Cons

Facebook has a negative impact on teen age. The current generation are spoiling their education while chatting on Facebook and not concentrating on studies. Sometime notification also being annoying and cause a distraction from your work but you can always turn off your notification setting which is good point.

Joseric
Joseric
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

The Facebook app that is meant for work and productivity (not for wasting time)

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

Facebook as a social platform has matured a lot, with so many features available for communication and collaboration. It's no wonder why billions of people use it. Now, these same features are made available for our professional work. It's fantastic!

Pros

I used Workplace when I volunteered on a project c/o a non-for-profit organization. We used it primarily as a Project Management tool to keep everyone in the loop for project planning, collaboration, execution, monitoring, and getting instant feedback.

I have a personal Facebook account, and Workplace works in exactly the same way. We created Groups for our project teams. From there we could share files, make posts, create a common calendar, etc. What I loved the most is the use of the chat app for IM, voice and video calls. The live streaming is fantastic as well because we were able to cover our event, stream it live and keep a recording of it for future use.

Cons

For some of my teammates, they did not want the idea of having to maintain and look at two accounts (one personal/social and the other for work). Not sure if there is a way to connect the two accounts so that some of the posts/etc may be in sync.

The mobile app is a bit clunky and updates quite often. I hope they create a "Lite" version similar to the Facebook app (esp for lighter data consumption and light on the smartphone requirements).

Kreasan

Prosperity at hand. Exclusively hot deal for me.

Reviewed on 2023/12/04

Everything went as I expected.Its an easy to use software with powerful set of tools.

Pros

I absolutely love it's outstanding features like instant messaging and file sharing.Its the best collaboration tool for business that securely combines chat and videos.It connects everyone in my organization through group.Things are easier now, you can reach each other once and as a team.

Cons

As for me,I had no struggles while using Workplace from Meta.Its a nice software you should all try it.

Emilia

My organization is now a community courtesy Workplace.

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Pros

Workplace chat - Workplace Chat has a simple and familiar interface like what's obtainable with Facebook messenger. It enable me communicate with my colleagues with ease ,while making use of stickers ,emoji and gifs to spice up my conversations with my work peers. It also enable me to create polls, exchange video clips or share gps location with my team members ,when I am outside the office environment.

Groups - Workplace group is similar to Facebook groups , however this time , they serve as collaborative spaces where office tasks ,and projects get done. Workplace group makes it easy to share files in a secure environment , tag team members , get feedback and assign tasks.

Org chart - There are over 5000 users on my organizations Workplace. Therefore it can be an hideous task, having to search for team members working on a particular project or staffs in a particular department. Org Chart solves this problem by making it easy for me to quickly search up individual user profiles and team info. , therefore making me expend way less time trying to find out who to contact.

Cons

I have sometime lost track of what I needed to do ,and expended precious time reading official posts and trending gossips on Workplace.

Angel
Angel

Workplace from Meta is useful, but came a bit late.

Reviewed on 2022/10/23

Pros

The main benefit of this workplace is its ease of use. Is just like the normal Facebook-Meta interface even on mobile screens.The way you can share updates, chat, create specific groups for specific areas or topics, creates a really nice digital organization and a quick workflow.It's also really helpful when it comes to previewing files, for any area, but specially for content creators. Here, they can share scripts, early designs or proposals, so everyone can comment their observations or request changes in the same space (post), without having this endless conversations in group chats.In general, every main tool used on normal Meta or Facebook for social purposes, can be now used for work in "private mode" between members, collaborators, and clients before going public. Sure it saves time and make processes quicker.

Cons

Despite it being easy to use, and also integrating the main digital communication and organization elements, it costs.Now, for sure is not way too expensive, however, by this times, every company has already got choices from other brands that offer free resources (yeah, by separate, but free and not that hard to use at the end of the day) for this purposes. Even the same organizations have already created their own workspace using cloud systems or other tools.Maybe this workplace came a few years late, it would have been a blast in past years. Now, it seems just like another option between hundreds even when it comes from a big brand like Meta.

Kaitlyn
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Similar to other Meta software.

Reviewed on 2022/07/23

Workplace is awesome for video chat & conferences as well as for managing your businesses social media.
We realized the benefits of daily video conferencing to touch base with each other, and in social media marketing, after using Workplace from Meta.
This software does have cons and it doesn't have everything you may need for business use.

Pros

The layout is similar to other Meta software, so it's a familiar interface and easy to learn.
The video chat & conferencing quality is great and it's so easy to set up.
Your personal Meta accounts remain separate from your Workplace account, although you can manage your businesses pages or accounts through Workplace.
I loved the important comments setting, and the metrics + updates.
Use on multiple devices.

Cons

The similarities to other Meta products were on my pros list, although it's also a con in some ways.
The AI has flaws and it's hard to contact customer support at all, let alone someone who is actually helpful.
There isn't a lot of customization and what you do change isn't saved for future use.
There are a LOT of notifications that can get in the way of what you're actually aiming to keep up with or check on.
I would want to see more features for business in general.

Chakkrit
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Workplace by Facebook is a powerful cloud system and it's free!

Reviewed on 2021/05/12

The main problem that we have with Workplace is mainly the Alumni issue. Since Alumni are now not able to login to Workplace, it requires us to migrate our Alumni group to another platform. The main benefit of Workplace is that it is a free platform that help connects employee together. Employees are not required to be trained to use Workplace as it is similar to Facebook. I don't believe that there are no products out there that is better than Workplace.

Pros

Workplace by Facebook is a free on-the-cloud system. At Agoda, we use Workplace to connect to each other for non-work-related stuff. Since Workplace is created by Facebook, every function and UX design for the system is the same thing as Facebook. Since everyone knows how to use Facebook, new joiners easily known how to use it without question. Workplace also supports integrations from other software through API such as Workday.

Cons

I really cannot complain about Workplace as it is a free on-the-cloud system. However, recently, Workplace doesn't allow the company Alumni to use the company Workplace anymore. This makes sense but it causes us to migrate from our Alumni group to another platform. Nevertheless, we will still use Workplace as our non-work-related channel. One other critical thing that I dislike about Workplace is the admin platform. The admin platform is kind of difficult to use. For example, when you want to search for an employee by email, it's kind of hard to do. I think Workplace should allow free search and be smart enough to decide what the user tries to search for.

Bukola
Bukola

Improves the communication workflow in my organization.

Reviewed on 2018/05/06

Pros

We use Workplace in my organization to connect every of my organizations staff in every location ,team and department. It is handy for project collaborations and provides me with multiple ways to communicate with my team members from chatting , video calls ,audio calls ,group comments etc
It has a short learning curve as it is very similar with Facebook social network ,and has an almost identical user interface and functionality. It integrates efficiently with some of our regularly used third party solutions at work like Azure ,Bluejeans and Okta.

Cons

I dislike that I am only able to access Facebook workplace via a VPN at work ,and also I see very little difference between Facebook social network and Facebook workplace and honestly , Facebook social will easily replace this program in any organization. So I wonder why we have to pay to use Facebook workplace premium ,when we can access most of the features for free on Facebook social.

Ishrat

It enables for more two-way communication than other platforms

Reviewed on 2022/05/12

As a result of improved teamwork and communication, our company's productivity increases.

Pros

As a result, our employees are more engaged. Facebook's Workplace supports diversity and employee input because it is built to focus on individuals rather than companies.

It motivates our teams to collaborate. Unlike other collaborative tools, Workplace by Facebook improves over time. Combining group discussions and instant messaging does this.

Separate Workplace Chat apps with video and audio calls are also available for download.

The software improves communication because it allows me to communicate with everyone in the organization.

It allows me to upload an unlimited amount of films and images.

Cons

Some features of the chat interface should be enhanced.
Alternative instant messaging networks, such as Slack, are incompatible with it.
A large amount of administrative and behind-the-scenes effort is required

Terri
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Making a Global Company feel Local

Reviewed on 2021/06/24

Our company has multiple offices and locations globally, and with the COVID-19 Global Pandemic, suddenly there were over 100 "offices" as people set things up from their homes. Naturally, collaboration has looked different this past year, but Workplace by Facebook has been an awesome tool to stay connected in more day-to-day ways -- of course we have our virtual town hall meetings and team syncs, but with Workplace we have groups set up for sharing victories from different regions, pictures of our home office setups, and we can comment and discuss the really important topics like the best sports teams. Workplace has created that "water cooler/break room" vibe again on the team, which helps us to be more connected as a global company and to be able to collaborate better on all our projects.

Pros

The ability to share live videos and our own photos and content has created a huge community feeling within our global and largely isolated team members.
I enjoy the ability to have groups for each region in our company so we can see what's going on in our America team vs Australia vs Europe etc.

Cons

I didn't like that it wasn't the most clear at first which group I was looking at, but I figured it out and it's a nonissue now.

Easy, Familiar, Fun Communications

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

We use Workplace extensively for communicating with employees and keeping the company calendar. Any meetings we have are shared live, and those who can't be there in person can watch and comment questions or comments that we can see and address in real time during the meeting. The video remains on the page after the meeting, so there's no excuse for not knowing what happened during a meeting. Most people are familiar with Facebook, so there isn't really a need for training. We all keep closer contact than we otherwise would because of questions asked on the feed and conversations often arise. It connects employees who might never have connected if it weren't for their interactions in Workplace.

Pros

Workplace allows us to communicate with employees, schedule events, post pictures and videos, educate them, host live videos, etc.

Cons

It doesn't have any task management features. I feel like task management functions could be added to make the functionality more complete. Since we're hosting meetings in there, having conversations, and keeping the company calendar, it makes sense that we should be able to assign tasks and keep track of projects there, too. But, that doesn't seem to be a part of it.

It's like facebook, only on a professional level

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

We use it at our agency every day. Facebook's problems seem to be Workplace's problems: when many people post per day, it's hard too see all status updates. So you become stuck with 2 endless feeds of posts from people. Otherwise, it's better than Slack in my book, for what I use it for - infrequent status updates.

Pros

- Easy to get started: If you use/love Facebook, you'll use/love this.
- Lots of privacy features: You can follow people, not use a picture, only join certain groups - feels more private than regular Facebook.
- Feels snappier: I don't know if it's because we only use it for about 40 people, but the overall desktop experience feels faster than Facebook, which is a plus in my book.

Cons

- Endless feed of updates from colleagues, same as with regular facebook.
- A lot of features from regular Facebook aren't present in Workplace - yet.
- Groups can be addictive to join, but also hard to manage.

Rick
Rick
  • Industry: Design

I hate to admit it, but this is good software, if you can deal with typical FB quirks

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

I was pleasantly surprised at the easy-to-navigate design and how quickly my small team got up to speed. I haven't seen that since Yammer years back.

Pros

Whatever you might think of Facebook, whatever I might think of Facebook (which is not much), this is good software, verging on great, for organizing and facilitating communication and collaboration within companies.

The simply named Workplace by Facebook is exactly that: a virtual workplace complete with "locations" and tools for storing, finding, and sharing files; for socializing; for chatting; for planning sessions; for finding people within an organization; for creating, sharing, and accessing resources, and on. There's a universal news feed that aggregates everything that's going on in an organization, like the old Yammer.

There's even, just like a Facebook, a safety alert system for letting everyone know within company that colleagues are OK in the event of an emergency or natural disaster.

I like being able to create documents and notes within the app that can be shared and edited by others. The features are rudimentary and I couldn't find any way to integrate it with, say, Google Docs. I can't see many companies really on this writing tool for creating important documents but for notes it's OK.

Cons

Well, it's made by Facebook, whom I do not trust, so that's a deal breaker for me. If you do trust Facebook, then Workplace is a solid choice for not just managing teams, but bringing together entire companies.

There are lot of conventions and UI elements that are carried over from Facebook, and since I'm not the greatest fan of any of those, I'd rather not see them in a work app.

And like any app associated with Facebook, this one is constantly nagging you, reminding you, alerting you, etc. sometimes multiple times even after you've dismissed the dialog. Ugh.

• Industry: Banking

Workplace from Facbeook

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

I HAVE EXPERIENCE TO MAKE YOU CONFIDENT WITH YOUR COLLAGE AND MORE POWERFUL.

I HAVE EXPERIENCE TO MAKE YOU CONFIDENT WITH YOUR COLLAGE AND MORE POWERFUL.

Pros

I would like this software the way you communicate and coordinate to the other persons to persons when you have the highly potentials of the objective of the environmental workplace to fix the problems in your team.

Cons

I feels emotionally when you have performs the features to fulfilled the coordination and elaboration of the performance in your communities of the workplace exactly.

Ronalen

Best software for online communication for businesses

Reviewed on 2022/10/31

For overall, I think this software is really good it's affordable and easy to use, have a very significant impact especially in online businessess and for communication. It's features are really good it makes us more effective and efficient in our work.

Pros

What I like the most about this software is that it's very affordable and easy to use the features are very useful especially when you have small business you can promote and make an online survey, and when you posted something it automatically generate translation which is very helpful for people to understand even in other countries, you can also create a group collaboration which is very important inorder to have a communication to your team.

Cons

I really like this software however what I least like is that you can't customized your domain or your account and also the overloaded notification. I think the management should look in this and make improvement in this area.