Workplace from Meta Reviews

Workplace from Meta

4,4 (1 335)
A simple and secure way to connect your organization.

(1 335)

Alvaro
Alvaro
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

No training needed... everybody knows Facebook!

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Facebook for the office (i.e., via Workplace) has helped our company in terms of community and culture building, communication, collaboration, keeping up to date with the happenings across different departments and teams, messaging via direct chat, group chat, audio, video calls... there's a ton of features that make this a really worth it investment for any company big or small.

Pros

Almost everyone (except the rather super senior employees) have been using Facebook social media app... They know how it works, its functionalities, and benefits for keeping in touch with the people that matter to them... now, we have exactly the same app.. for use in the office workplace. Therefore, no training needed. Everyone on-board right away.

Workplace replaced many of our internal apps (repositories, messaging, collaboration portal, etc). We now use workplace for community building, direct and group/project messaging, sharing of files, photos, and updates, audio and video calls, and live streaming of office events (which also serve as a recording device for late viewing).

Everything you love about social Facebook, now available for exclusive work and office use.

Cons

Data security is and will always be a concern for the modern digital man. Although we know that this is a paid service, hence the data is supposed to be private and secure because it is not meant to be used for ads, and what not... Security, especially of recent, is always a big question mark and concern.

yassine
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Write a Review for Workplace from Meta

Reviewed on 2023/01/30

Workplace offers a user-friendly interface, robust feature set, and mobile app, making it easy for employees to communicate and collaborate effectively. It also integrates with a variety of third-party tools and services, making it easy to connect with existing workflows and systems.

Pros

User-friendly interface: Workplace has a simple and intuitive user interface that makes it easy for employees to communicate and collaborate effectively.Robust feature set: Workplace offers a wide range of features for communication and collaboration, including news feed, user profiles, groups, chat, video conferencing, and more.

Cons

Limited integration with other Facebook products: While Workplace integrates with a variety of third-party tools, it has limited integration with other Facebook products like Facebook pages, which may be a drawback for organizations already using Facebook for marketing and outreach.

Yahoo Mail and Instagram

Reasons for Switching to Workplace from Meta

As an AI language model, I do not have personal preferences or the ability to choose products. My role is to provide impartial and informative responses to your questions.In order to determine the best product for a particular organization, it is important to carefully evaluate the features, limitations, and pricing of each option, and compare them to the specific needs and requirements of the organization. This can include evaluating alternative products such as Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Google Workspace, as well as any other relevant tools and solutions.
Vincent

Gets the job done, but it's often in your way.

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

I use Workplace daily for team communication, and while it gets the job done it frequently is in your way, and needs workarounds for simple tasks such as sending images or links are implemented poorly.

Pros

- The UI is consistent and nice to look at.
- It has a lot of customization options.
- Group chats are very easy to create and manage

Cons

- Every link in the chat is proxied through the platform, so you need to be logged in the browser to open any link
- The desktop app is poorly done, often requiring restarts/refresh
- Images get proxied as well, which often results in loss of quality, so they need to be packaged in a zip file beforehand.

Andres Ernesto
Andres Ernesto
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great product

Reviewed on 2023/12/23

Overall my experience has been excellent

Overall my experience has been excellent

Pros

I think it's a great environment when used internally in a company, i like employe profile, has helped me the most when making emergency contacts is the structural organization chart.

Cons

So far I have had no problems with the product.

Stacy
  • Industry: Events Services

All in one package

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

We do event planning and put on a lot of events through out the year. A lot of the other similar solutions were mainly geared towards product creation or project completion. We needed something that was familiar and would be easy to train employees. Since this is a Facebook product, we knew this would be easy for our group to pick up and start using. We are a non-for-profit and most of our employees are volunteers, so we needed a solution that would give us fast and immediate communication with our employees. We needed a way to post our upcoming events, and then poll our workforce to who would be available to assist. This was the perfect fit for what we were looking for.

Pros

The software not only provides messaging. but also audio and video calling. There are two separate apps for this software. One is the Workplace app, which works the same as on your computer. The second is the Workplace Chat app. This app is very helpful in communication, as you can video and call via the app, as well as text message. File sharing can also be done via the chat.

Cons

The admin controls don't allow full access. Things like removing an employee, have to be done via email to support. You can deactivate an employee, which has the same effect, but simple employee removal is a must for most organizations.

Quip, Microsoft Teams, Slack and Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Workplace from Meta

The others either didn't have an "all in one solution," or they were simply over complicated. We needed communication and not project management. While some did have great features, the lacked in providing the basic items that we required, such a a mobile app with chat, and video conferencing.
Eric
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Workplace is EASILY the best software out currently to collaborate within your company.

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

Overall, amazing experience. I yearn for the day we bring back Workplace.

Overall, amazing experience. I yearn for the day we bring back Workplace.

Pros

The fact that everyone uses facebook and is familiar with the interface, is almost reason alone to use it.

We had some older employees who never even used facebook and it was so simple for them to pick up.

I love that it brings everyone together and can really build morale with being able to congratulate team members in front of everyone, post pictures, company protocol changes, literally ANYTHING you need to get out to your team...Workplace makes it simple.

I wish we hadn’t gone away from it. I still complain to this day our company decided to change software.

Cons

Can’t even honestly think of a single thing negative to say. It worked flawlessly.

Kunal
  • Industry: Legal Services

Easy and fun to use

Reviewed on 2022/12/13

I would rate it 10/10. No problems and would recommend people to use it.

I would rate it 10/10. No problems and would recommend people to use it.

Pros

The best feature is the price, it starts at only $4 per person per month, you can create unlimited number of work groups, ability to highlight posts as important for immediate attention. The best part is auto captioning in videos and I am able to invite people without business email to workplace.

Cons

There is not much to dislike about Workplace, however I find the news feed section a bit distracting at time and also it would be nice if we can have an option to segment the market better. Other than that it is a very good platform to work on.

Webex, Google Workspace, Microsoft Teams and Zoho Workplace

Reasons for Switching to Workplace from Meta

It is a more recognised platform and almost everyone is comfortable using it.
Brandy

Amazing way to find local jobs

Reviewed on 2020/11/28

I think it's great! It's a very intuitive way to find new employment.

I think it's great! It's a very intuitive way to find new employment.

Pros

Easy way to connect with potential employers, Easy to use and navigate through different postings. A great way to see what employers are hiring around your area

Cons

It tends to show jobs that are too far away to apply to.

Abdulsalam
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Workplace is the new Meta

Reviewed on 2022/12/02

Pros

Short and simple answer? All my social media applications under Meta are linked. Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Messenger. That means seamless and efficient data sharing across all the platforms.

Cons

Workplace did have the occasional performance issues. Unexpected crashes, lags, and weird errors (especially in the mobile version)

Md
Md
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Facebook is my work assistant and retirement partner.

Reviewed on 2020/02/08

Of the 7.53 billion people in the world today, 2.4 billion people use Facebook, so there's nothing more to say about Facebook's popularity. Apart from the higher educated people, the less educated people can use Facebook very easily and this is why news of one place in the world spreads to other places. The news that popular media can't promote is on Facebook.

Pros

Facebook has taken a big leap as a social media platform. Facebook is deeply embedded in our daily lives. The importance of Facebook in the workplace is immense, so the work can be easily shared by the team. Currently Facebook is a large marketplace, with more subscribers, the advertisement is easily visible in the eyes of the people. Facebook has become such a friend of the people, that it can be easily shared with everyone on the timeline, regardless of the hardships and pleasures of the mind. Many lost friends of school life are found through Facebook. Audio calling In addition to the video calling facility, live chat can be shared with everyone.

Cons

Facebook has a lot of negative effects that are unknown to anyone. Facebook is considered a drug addiction, the boys and girls of the current generation are spoiling their education while chatting on Facebook. The illiterate people confuse others with irrelevant pictures on Facebook they do not understand. If the device is not secured, private files can be easily viewed by anyone and can delete important images, One of the major problems is that the photos uploaded to Facebook become much smaller than before.

Volodymyr
Volodymyr

Bizarro Facebook

Reviewed on 2018/10/08

What if Facebook was streamlined to essentials and free of excessive fat? That's Workplace.

For a...

For a long time Facebook was a leisure outlet on the workplace - the one for wasting time and getting lost in-between tasks. With Workplace the dynamics had flipped and now it is a legitimate productivity tool where you can chat with your colleagues, exchange ideas, drop some stuff and discuss serious matters without distracting yourself to everything else in your newsfeed.

Pros

Workplace combines the best features of Facebook, Slack and Basecamp and makes a case of a private social media application designed for productive communication and not time wasting.
It works really well as a company's general newsfeed and it allows to bond the collective in a more easy-going and informal manner.
On one hand, Workplace is a perfect working environment for human resources - streamlined, self-contained and direct. It really helps to establish solid internal Employer Branding and keep every member of the team on the same page. There are numerous features that allow various temperature checks of the teams via polls, discussions, etc. On the other hand, Workplace is a really good fit for onboarding of the new team members.

Cons

Since this is a Facebook product - there are certain concerns over privacy. When it comes to sharing some sensitive data - actions often proceed in a more trusted environments.
On the other hand, there is just too much of the stuff to do. The novelty of "Facebook but for work" wears off pretty fast and it makes Workplace more of a gimmick tool than an actual productivity tool.
As it often happen with Facebook newsfeed - it might get crowded and cluttered after a while, especially if the activity is relatively high. Aside from project related groups - it is often nothing more than a link dumpster.

Joseric
Joseric
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

The Facebook app that is meant for work and productivity (not for wasting time)

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

Facebook as a social platform has matured a lot, with so many features available for communication and collaboration. It's no wonder why billions of people use it. Now, these same features are made available for our professional work. It's fantastic!

Pros

I used Workplace when I volunteered on a project c/o a non-for-profit organization. We used it primarily as a Project Management tool to keep everyone in the loop for project planning, collaboration, execution, monitoring, and getting instant feedback.

I have a personal Facebook account, and Workplace works in exactly the same way. We created Groups for our project teams. From there we could share files, make posts, create a common calendar, etc. What I loved the most is the use of the chat app for IM, voice and video calls. The live streaming is fantastic as well because we were able to cover our event, stream it live and keep a recording of it for future use.

Cons

For some of my teammates, they did not want the idea of having to maintain and look at two accounts (one personal/social and the other for work). Not sure if there is a way to connect the two accounts so that some of the posts/etc may be in sync.

The mobile app is a bit clunky and updates quite often. I hope they create a "Lite" version similar to the Facebook app (esp for lighter data consumption and light on the smartphone requirements).

Kreasan
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Prosperity at hand. Exclusively hot deal for me.

Reviewed on 2023/12/04

Everything went as I expected.Its an easy to use software with powerful set of tools.

Pros

I absolutely love it's outstanding features like instant messaging and file sharing.Its the best collaboration tool for business that securely combines chat and videos.It connects everyone in my organization through group.Things are easier now, you can reach each other once and as a team.

Cons

As for me,I had no struggles while using Workplace from Meta.Its a nice software you should all try it.

Emilia

My organization is now a community courtesy Workplace.

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Pros

Workplace chat - Workplace Chat has a simple and familiar interface like what's obtainable with Facebook messenger. It enable me communicate with my colleagues with ease ,while making use of stickers ,emoji and gifs to spice up my conversations with my work peers. It also enable me to create polls, exchange video clips or share gps location with my team members ,when I am outside the office environment.

Groups - Workplace group is similar to Facebook groups , however this time , they serve as collaborative spaces where office tasks ,and projects get done. Workplace group makes it easy to share files in a secure environment , tag team members , get feedback and assign tasks.

Org chart - There are over 5000 users on my organizations Workplace. Therefore it can be an hideous task, having to search for team members working on a particular project or staffs in a particular department. Org Chart solves this problem by making it easy for me to quickly search up individual user profiles and team info. , therefore making me expend way less time trying to find out who to contact.

Cons

I have sometime lost track of what I needed to do ,and expended precious time reading official posts and trending gossips on Workplace.

Angel
Angel

Workplace from Meta is useful, but came a bit late.

Reviewed on 2022/10/23

Pros

The main benefit of this workplace is its ease of use. Is just like the normal Facebook-Meta interface even on mobile screens.The way you can share updates, chat, create specific groups for specific areas or topics, creates a really nice digital organization and a quick workflow.It's also really helpful when it comes to previewing files, for any area, but specially for content creators. Here, they can share scripts, early designs or proposals, so everyone can comment their observations or request changes in the same space (post), without having this endless conversations in group chats.In general, every main tool used on normal Meta or Facebook for social purposes, can be now used for work in "private mode" between members, collaborators, and clients before going public. Sure it saves time and make processes quicker.

Cons

Despite it being easy to use, and also integrating the main digital communication and organization elements, it costs.Now, for sure is not way too expensive, however, by this times, every company has already got choices from other brands that offer free resources (yeah, by separate, but free and not that hard to use at the end of the day) for this purposes. Even the same organizations have already created their own workspace using cloud systems or other tools.Maybe this workplace came a few years late, it would have been a blast in past years. Now, it seems just like another option between hundreds even when it comes from a big brand like Meta.

Kaitlyn
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Similar to other Meta software.

Reviewed on 2022/07/23

Workplace is awesome for video chat & conferences as well as for managing your businesses social media.
We realized the benefits of daily video conferencing to touch base with each other, and in social media marketing, after using Workplace from Meta.
This software does have cons and it doesn't have everything you may need for business use.

Pros

The layout is similar to other Meta software, so it's a familiar interface and easy to learn.
The video chat & conferencing quality is great and it's so easy to set up.
Your personal Meta accounts remain separate from your Workplace account, although you can manage your businesses pages or accounts through Workplace.
I loved the important comments setting, and the metrics + updates.
Use on multiple devices.

Cons

The similarities to other Meta products were on my pros list, although it's also a con in some ways.
The AI has flaws and it's hard to contact customer support at all, let alone someone who is actually helpful.
There isn't a lot of customization and what you do change isn't saved for future use.
There are a LOT of notifications that can get in the way of what you're actually aiming to keep up with or check on.
I would want to see more features for business in general.

Chakkrit
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Workplace by Facebook is a powerful cloud system and it's free!

Reviewed on 2021/05/12

The main problem that we have with Workplace is mainly the Alumni issue. Since Alumni are now not able to login to Workplace, it requires us to migrate our Alumni group to another platform. The main benefit of Workplace is that it is a free platform that help connects employee together. Employees are not required to be trained to use Workplace as it is similar to Facebook. I don't believe that there are no products out there that is better than Workplace.

Pros

Workplace by Facebook is a free on-the-cloud system. At Agoda, we use Workplace to connect to each other for non-work-related stuff. Since Workplace is created by Facebook, every function and UX design for the system is the same thing as Facebook. Since everyone knows how to use Facebook, new joiners easily known how to use it without question. Workplace also supports integrations from other software through API such as Workday.

Cons

I really cannot complain about Workplace as it is a free on-the-cloud system. However, recently, Workplace doesn't allow the company Alumni to use the company Workplace anymore. This makes sense but it causes us to migrate from our Alumni group to another platform. Nevertheless, we will still use Workplace as our non-work-related channel. One other critical thing that I dislike about Workplace is the admin platform. The admin platform is kind of difficult to use. For example, when you want to search for an employee by email, it's kind of hard to do. I think Workplace should allow free search and be smart enough to decide what the user tries to search for.

Ishrat

It enables for more two-way communication than other platforms

Reviewed on 2022/05/12

As a result of improved teamwork and communication, our company's productivity increases.

Pros

As a result, our employees are more engaged. Facebook's Workplace supports diversity and employee input because it is built to focus on individuals rather than companies.

It motivates our teams to collaborate. Unlike other collaborative tools, Workplace by Facebook improves over time. Combining group discussions and instant messaging does this.

Separate Workplace Chat apps with video and audio calls are also available for download.

The software improves communication because it allows me to communicate with everyone in the organization.

It allows me to upload an unlimited amount of films and images.

Cons

Some features of the chat interface should be enhanced.
Alternative instant messaging networks, such as Slack, are incompatible with it.
A large amount of administrative and behind-the-scenes effort is required

franklin
franklin
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Workplace multiservices review

Reviewed on 2022/06/22

we use it a diageo to coordinate the overall communication in the global diageo hub. we can find in it numerous services that respond to specific need on site , to complies with some managements requiremets

Pros

Pawerfull recommended tool to organinise the entreprise and its services
Multifunctionality
Dan be used in any type of organization
Didital and allows to centralize the information of an organization

Cons

only the fact that it Required a good internet connection.

Terri
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Making a Global Company feel Local

Reviewed on 2021/06/24

Our company has multiple offices and locations globally, and with the COVID-19 Global Pandemic, suddenly there were over 100 "offices" as people set things up from their homes. Naturally, collaboration has looked different this past year, but Workplace by Facebook has been an awesome tool to stay connected in more day-to-day ways -- of course we have our virtual town hall meetings and team syncs, but with Workplace we have groups set up for sharing victories from different regions, pictures of our home office setups, and we can comment and discuss the really important topics like the best sports teams. Workplace has created that "water cooler/break room" vibe again on the team, which helps us to be more connected as a global company and to be able to collaborate better on all our projects.

Pros

The ability to share live videos and our own photos and content has created a huge community feeling within our global and largely isolated team members.
I enjoy the ability to have groups for each region in our company so we can see what's going on in our America team vs Australia vs Europe etc.

Cons

I didn't like that it wasn't the most clear at first which group I was looking at, but I figured it out and it's a nonissue now.

Easy, Familiar, Fun Communications

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

We use Workplace extensively for communicating with employees and keeping the company calendar. Any meetings we have are shared live, and those who can't be there in person can watch and comment questions or comments that we can see and address in real time during the meeting. The video remains on the page after the meeting, so there's no excuse for not knowing what happened during a meeting. Most people are familiar with Facebook, so there isn't really a need for training. We all keep closer contact than we otherwise would because of questions asked on the feed and conversations often arise. It connects employees who might never have connected if it weren't for their interactions in Workplace.

Pros

Workplace allows us to communicate with employees, schedule events, post pictures and videos, educate them, host live videos, etc.

Cons

It doesn't have any task management features. I feel like task management functions could be added to make the functionality more complete. Since we're hosting meetings in there, having conversations, and keeping the company calendar, it makes sense that we should be able to assign tasks and keep track of projects there, too. But, that doesn't seem to be a part of it.

It's like facebook, only on a professional level

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

We use it at our agency every day. Facebook's problems seem to be Workplace's problems: when many people post per day, it's hard too see all status updates. So you become stuck with 2 endless feeds of posts from people. Otherwise, it's better than Slack in my book, for what I use it for - infrequent status updates.

Pros

- Easy to get started: If you use/love Facebook, you'll use/love this.
- Lots of privacy features: You can follow people, not use a picture, only join certain groups - feels more private than regular Facebook.
- Feels snappier: I don't know if it's because we only use it for about 40 people, but the overall desktop experience feels faster than Facebook, which is a plus in my book.

Cons

- Endless feed of updates from colleagues, same as with regular facebook.
- A lot of features from regular Facebook aren't present in Workplace - yet.
- Groups can be addictive to join, but also hard to manage.

Rick
Rick
  • Industry: Design

I hate to admit it, but this is good software, if you can deal with typical FB quirks

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

I was pleasantly surprised at the easy-to-navigate design and how quickly my small team got up to speed. I haven't seen that since Yammer years back.

Pros

Whatever you might think of Facebook, whatever I might think of Facebook (which is not much), this is good software, verging on great, for organizing and facilitating communication and collaboration within companies.

The simply named Workplace by Facebook is exactly that: a virtual workplace complete with "locations" and tools for storing, finding, and sharing files; for socializing; for chatting; for planning sessions; for finding people within an organization; for creating, sharing, and accessing resources, and on. There's a universal news feed that aggregates everything that's going on in an organization, like the old Yammer.

There's even, just like a Facebook, a safety alert system for letting everyone know within company that colleagues are OK in the event of an emergency or natural disaster.

I like being able to create documents and notes within the app that can be shared and edited by others. The features are rudimentary and I couldn't find any way to integrate it with, say, Google Docs. I can't see many companies really on this writing tool for creating important documents but for notes it's OK.

Cons

Well, it's made by Facebook, whom I do not trust, so that's a deal breaker for me. If you do trust Facebook, then Workplace is a solid choice for not just managing teams, but bringing together entire companies.

There are lot of conventions and UI elements that are carried over from Facebook, and since I'm not the greatest fan of any of those, I'd rather not see them in a work app.

And like any app associated with Facebook, this one is constantly nagging you, reminding you, alerting you, etc. sometimes multiple times even after you've dismissed the dialog. Ugh.

• Industry: Banking

Workplace from Facbeook

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

I HAVE EXPERIENCE TO MAKE YOU CONFIDENT WITH YOUR COLLAGE AND MORE POWERFUL.

I HAVE EXPERIENCE TO MAKE YOU CONFIDENT WITH YOUR COLLAGE AND MORE POWERFUL.

Pros

I would like this software the way you communicate and coordinate to the other persons to persons when you have the highly potentials of the objective of the environmental workplace to fix the problems in your team.

Cons

I feels emotionally when you have performs the features to fulfilled the coordination and elaboration of the performance in your communities of the workplace exactly.

Business-centric Social Network

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

Pros

It's nice that the interface closely mirrors that of Facebook. I think that makes it easier to navigate for the majority of users. It's also a convenient way for employees to solicit advice or materials from their coworkers. The chat feature can be a very productive way to communicate informally when the discussion requires more back-and-forth than a simple email.

Cons

I have two knocks on Workplace, and only one relates directly to the social network itself.

1. Like Facebook, you need a secondary app to use the chat feature on mobile. That feels a little unnecessary to me.

2. Some users have trouble gauging when a mass email might be more appropriate. I think Workplace is a great place to exchange best practices and tips...but it's not the ideal place to share essential, "can't miss it" information. In those cases, information needs to be disseminated directly to the involved parties via email, otherwise it could be lost in the shuffle.