bob Reviews

bob

Cloud-based HR & benefits administration platform

4.6/5 (34 reviews)
Elena M.

I've chosen bob over another great product I was using in the past and haven't regretted!

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

ease of HR management, also our finance team benefits from easy holidays/absenses management, payroll reports and such.
I'm doing all admin in bob, from contracts to onboarding, org structure, salary changes etc

Pros

It's very easy to use - user friendly interface, intuitive navigation, you can find whatever you need in the matter of seconds even if it's your first experience with the platform
It's beautiful - our employees love it too
The support team is amazing - they not only resolve any issues quickly, but they also listen to suggestions and implement them within reasonable time. I love getting product updates as I know that there will be something I asked about.
The system features everything you'd want from a modern HRIS and even more - we love club feature and about section - it helps employees learn more about each other and find common interests.
There's some functions that I'd love to have but they are not yet there (such as pre-boarding or e-signature) but the guys are constantly working on them and I've seen that for example e-signature is coming within next few weeks.

Cons

If we are talking about bob as HRIS there's very few things that I don't like, or rather I would like to have and they are not yet there - prebording being one example.
I'd love performance module to be more sophisticated but the guys have just introduced it and I see that it gets updated constantly, which is great. also, it's not a separate platform for performance management so I wouldn't expect it have all the features that other platforms dedicted to performance only have.
There are other small things (such as I can't send a survey to 1 person only), but they are small compared to all the benefits and again, I know that sooner or later those will be resolved too.

Kate J.

Easy to use. Comprehensive. Great support. Feedback is acted on. Know you are valued as a client.

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Pros

Being able to feedback and see your feedback quickly acted on influencing the growth of the product. You feel valued and part of the journey. I am a 1 person HR/office team helping out a small finance team for a company of 50 and this software has saved me hours of time and stress. I am not even using it to its full potential yet due to finite time. It has also helped give power to employees where as an example they can see their annual leave so I don't have to keep spreadsheets and constantly update individuals. It is just their. Managers can see their teams, Org charts are great. adding photos so people can see who's who in a growing team and that is just the very tip of the iceberg that is bob. Fantastic.

Cons

The performance review section. I know when bob developed it they developed a product I was super excited about and holding out for. They, as any business would do, sought feedback and ended up releasing a much lighter touch performance review section based on the feedback. As a result I am going to use another platform which is more suited to my companies needs. However I am sure it will be a very suitable process for many companies, as their own research shows.

Sally-ann S.

Intuitive, time saving and effortlessly engaging for everyone who uses it.

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Pros

They are constantly listening to their customers and adding functionalities to Hibob. The rate of innovation to their product is something that I have never experienced before in the HR world. Normally you buy the software and once a year an element of it is updated. With Hibob they very regularly update and improve the system, constantly working on an even better experience for the user and admins. Compared to Hibob our pricey payroll system (from a global market leader) feels like a system from the dark ages! We use HIbob for our 'Pulse' questions to check in with how the company is feeling, we use it for our appriasal process, the reporting is great, booking holidays on it and reporting on holiday is very simple. Love the dashboard for quick answers that in the HR Team we so regularly get asked. The workflows for new joiners and leavers have saved so much team time! We are complete Hibob lovers! The 'Club View' is a great quick way at looking at salaries, who drinks red wine and everything in between!

Cons

Ummmmmm.....I really can't think of anything...it really is a revolutionary and essential piece of HR kit!

Ryan G.

Bob is a great HR platform for the average staff member at a business. Could not be easier!

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

Streamlining the HR process for staff at a business saves time and money. Centralizing these functions in a stable platform like Bob will allow you to focus more on your staff and business relationships, provide benefits to staff, and manage your company time off. This is a great product for a small business looking to manage their human resources in a simple and cost efficient way.

Pros

HR platforms are typically robust and house many different features for managing your employment and benefits at a company. Bob is the perfect match between a platform that has a high level of functionality - but remains easy to use.

For HR Staff using the system to manage a business; it contains stable features to manage time off, holidays, employee on-boarding, document provision, and company benefits. For the average staff member at a business, it is simple to use and has an intuitive interface. Taking time off is easy!

Bob is a new platform that is growing quickly. Although it may be simpler than some other HR platforms as a result, it's ability to easily solve a large amount of HR tasks in one platform is well worth the investment.

Cons

Being a new piece of software, some of the complexity found in managing company benefits, for instance, is limited in features at this time. This is only the result of having launched in the past couple of years; but the success so far is allowing them to continue development for improving the product.

Hannah K.

Simply the best HRS out there

Reviewed on 2017/07/13

Pros

Brilliantly designed, intuitive, easy to use for employees and People professionals. By far the biggest selling point though is the fact that Hibob is constantly developing new features which are actually based on customer feedback. All of the traditional HRS' i've used (e.g. BambooHR, Workday, Fairsail) are slow to respond to the needs of a changing HR/People function with an expanded remit (e.g. employee experience & wellbeing). Other challenger HRS (e.g. Namely, Charlie) only offer barebones features with a few gimmicks or are developing at the cost of platform stability. Hibob has unlimited ambition to actually fulfil the needs of the HR/People community

Cons

Occasional bugs due to there being a lot of new features (however these are few and far between and the longest i've ever waited for a fix is 36 hours), need to grow Customer Success team to ensure they can maintain same awesome levels of support.

Charlotte A.

Easy to use, good looking and fits with our agency vibe.

Reviewed on 2017/07/13

Pros

I like how easy BOB is to use, how easy it is to contact someone at BOB if I have any troubles with the system. The look and feel works so well for our type of work place and BOB have helped us roll out the platform so effortlessly. I'm always finding out new things on BOB and I find the weekly emails from the BOB team explaining whenever something has been added helps us to discover more.

Cons

As a new piece of software there are some things that haven't yet been built. Although saying this the BOB team are always on hand if we want anything specifically added to fit our companies needs. We had slight trouble in the beginning with the calendar view and it not working in the way we have previously been used too. We spoke with the BOB software developers and they were able to help us fix this by creating a brand new calendar view which fitted with our needs.

Gemma M.

bob is a really intuitive system to use and customer support is always fantastic

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

The aesthetic is fun and non-corporate. Users are encouraged to share their 'superpowers' which helps people to connect with others who have similar interests. The system is really easy to navigate and there are some useful integrations. The support team are always fast to respond to my questions and to tell me about new features, or what they are developing in the near future. You can enable/disable features to customise what you want to achieve with the system and what your current people priorities are.

Cons

There are some small additional features I'd like such as e-signatures, which I believe is coming soon. The support team are really responsive to feedback about features that would be useful.

Husan G.

Amazing Product + Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Very good, customer service is excellent. Really like all the features that bob offers. Compared to other HR platforms I have come across, bob has to be my fave!

Pros

- User-Friendly
- Cool features
- Reports are very easy to create

Cons

N/A, so far all good! BUT it would be good to have a feature where you can book a block of holidays in the calendars, so if an office is closed for Christmas, would be helpful to be able to block the whole week for all employees rather than doing it day by day.

Marina K.

Great level of services first of all and beautiful easy to use product!

Reviewed on 2017/06/25

I really enjoyed using this product. My employees were quite engaged in using this and it has truly improved company culture.

Pros

You can easily customize the product to your needs, really easy to on board and to use and most important to me my employees really use that, great design web and mobile.

Cons

very young company , needs to see what happens in time. they dont have many global companies and US services isnt ready yet.

Response from Hibob

Thank you so much for your great review of HiBob. We look forward to growing and are glad our product could benefit your company culture! Please continue to keep in contact if there is anything we can do to help.

Estelle S.

Makes us look slick

Reviewed on 2017/07/17

Better reporting, more robust processes and easier comms around People issues

Pros

We have a small People team and Bob has picked up all the admin which. in itself, is amazing. It's given us robust onboarding processes, better reporting than we've ever had and we haven't had to train anyone how to use it.

Cons

Some standard letter templates would be AMAZING - one click for employee details on a blank letterhead would make my life easier.
Looking forward to more review/appraisal functionality - I know it's coming and I know we will use it.

Lucy B.

Intuitive, engaging and above all an enjoyable tool that makes my job much easier

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

The product has a lovely feel to it, and has been designed to accommodate the modern workplace - where staff and managers will both enjoy the interface. Also, the humour, support, pride and appetite of everyone at bob really highlights this is a great product from inside out.

Cons

I'd love to have better integration with our payroll provider (morepay).
Insights into reviews
The ability to edit my own review forms
I will never stop wanting more!

Beck H.

Great. Efficient. Ease of use.

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

Able to track all annual leave and data on my employees

Pros

This software is efficient, effective and an all round great tool to have on board your team. would recommend to all clients.

Cons

To be honest. I haven't had any issues. may it would be good if we could have different companies/groups on one platform

the live chat team are amazing! so helpful and happy to work out a solution to any awkward query

Reviewed on 2018/07/11

having all personnel info for our global team in one easy to use place

Pros

How flexible it is, so many things are adaptable in the platform. Which is so useful for a company that have a high combination of full time, part time, perm, and contract staff.

Cons

how fiddly it is get something set up. But I totally understand why this is important to allow the wide flex the platform has.

Anna R.

Overall I love Bob

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Pros

I think that Bob is, value for money, and has new product features out all the time which is great. Overall it's a brilliant system and I know that as a company we push it to its limits

Cons

Sometimes things are not that logical in how it works, for example, people are able to go into negative holiday balance.

Pat C.

Very happy we made the move to Bob

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Pros

Bob has a great interface, is easy to use, covers all of the 'needed' HRIS functionality and allows enough customisation to be very suitable for most small businesses like us. Employee profiles and insights is incredibly helpful and should be the benchmark for other platforms.

Cons

Some features are still being built out - engagement surveys are very basic in functionality and doesn't allow for self-service customisation yet so we haven't been able to make the move to use these yet over our existing provider. The company doc storage component has a poor user interface/design but we don't use that much.

Ria A.

H R Management made simple

Reviewed on 2016/10/12

Hibob has been quick to get to grips with and is making a big impact on streamlining H R Management and increasing efficiency immeasurably within my organisation. I am always looking forward to the next great idea. Hibob staff have been friendly and exemplary in all that they do.

Response from Hibob

Thanks Ria! Glad you like the platform and find the team helpful.

Bob is a really great, user friendly platform. It is very intuitive.

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

I believe that the greatest thing is how easy it is to use this platform. All sections are well organised and even when you think you don't know where to find something there is a great support team which will immediately help you find everything you need. The best section which really helps with my work is "Workflows". I love it!

Cons

Even though reports section gives you many reports to choose from, sometimes I still find myself in need of some more reports, like turn-over and etc. It would be great if in documents section there would be a possibility to download a reports as well.

Lilit H.

Great people management platform. Saves a lot of administrative time in managing HR process & Data.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/06/30

Pros

Great Customer Success & product teams who works closely in customizing and implementing the tool. Bob is very an easy platform to use, cool UI, saves time in collecting and analyzing people data. Very intuitive and flexible tool. Bob team always add new fetchers which make the tool more and more valuable

Cons

Still, on a development mode - some of the needed fetchers are in process and will be delivered by EOF (2018)

Dominique S.

Great Decision, Great Move!

Reviewed on 2016/10/05

I was introduced to Hibob through my co-founder.
I was currently not looking to move to a new HR platform, because I fear change. Though I was not 100% happy with the one I was using.
What caught my eye was the beauty and the ease of moving around the platform.
They also have a very user friendly platform, from removing, editing or adding new features easily.
What was also great is there business support team, they have literally help me step by step to make sure that the transition from one platform to another was as smooth as possible.
I have not been using it for very long but am over the moon with Hibob so far and do not regret my decision to change.

Response from Hibob

Thanks Dominique. So happy that you're pleased with your switch to hibob. We love having you as a client.

Charlotte B.

Their customer service is on point at all time and never had a problem they couldn't solve.

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

I have an overlook on our employees, their data and easy to find info quickly. I would recommend this product.

Pros

Their customer service, great team, good new features etc They follow up on problems that occured to see that it's resolved and they have gone way on beyond to find solutions for our needs.

Cons

It's sometimes a bit over complicated to find things and the people list is lagging, The price might not justify how we use it but that doesnt mean other companies use it fully to its capacity.

Bethan J.

Overall good and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

Pros

Time Off - its great that you can add holiday types, the visibility is really useful and great integration with Slack

Cons

The filing of documents is difficult, and doesn't link to individual profiles
Making custom surveys would be really useful too
When we signed up for the software we intended to manage staff benefits through the platform, this has since become unavailable which is a major downside.

Emma M.

Bob makes managing our people much easier!

Reviewed on 2016/10/12

Bob has allowed us to become smarter in how we manage our people. As we now have all our data in one place, we save time that we use to spend updating multiple spreadsheets and producing reports.
Bob has supported us in building our company's culture. Forgetting birthdays and work anniversaries is now a thing of the past! The system allows us to track the hobbies and interests of our people so we are able to make informed decisions on benefit offerings, events and gifts!
Overall we are really happy with the system and the customer service that is offered by the team at bob.

Response from Hibob

Thanks for your review, Emma. It's great to hear that everyones' birthdays get remembered at Anchura now (and that they're getting good gifts as well!).

Katrin U.

The software is easy to implement and has nice features.

Reviewed on 2017/07/17

It saves a lot of time in the every day business of HR administrators.

Pros

It can be customized and is easy to use. It is enjoyable to use every day. Especially the time-off section is very useful and easy to handle for employees.

Cons

Some features are not available at the moment (i. e. budget feature, performance review), are in the development phase though.

Peter S.

Great system for storing employee data

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

Pros

System allows you to get set up quickly, and share information, documents, etc. with your team. There's tracking for time off (e.g. sick, holiday, custom). For everything you can't figure out yourself, there's a great and quickly responding support team.

Cons

The benefits section is mainly focused on UK businesses.

Surbhi G.

Excellent Product and Service!

Reviewed on 2017/07/31

Fits in my HR needs for our growing business.

Pros

Fabulous Team! Tech team makes every effort to accommodate my fancy requests. The product itself works like an HR Assistant to me. Love it!

Cons

Haven't come across something until now. Maybe will never!
I think the product is more suitable for growing businesses of size 150 employees and above.