Bob

A modern HR platform for modern business

Elena
Elena
  • Industry: Human Resources

I've chosen bob over another great product I was using in the past and haven't regretted!

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

ease of HR management, also our finance team benefits from easy holidays/absenses management, payroll reports and such.
I'm doing all admin in bob, from contracts to onboarding, org structure, salary changes etc

Pros

It's very easy to use - user friendly interface, intuitive navigation, you can find whatever you need in the matter of seconds even if it's your first experience with the platform
It's beautiful - our employees love it too
The support team is amazing - they not only resolve any issues quickly, but they also listen to suggestions and implement them within reasonable time. I love getting product updates as I know that there will be something I asked about.
The system features everything you'd want from a modern HRIS and even more - we love club feature and about section - it helps employees learn more about each other and find common interests.
There's some functions that I'd love to have but they are not yet there (such as pre-boarding or e-signature) but the guys are constantly working on them and I've seen that for example e-signature is coming within next few weeks.

Cons

If we are talking about bob as HRIS there's very few things that I don't like, or rather I would like to have and they are not yet there - prebording being one example.
I'd love performance module to be more sophisticated but the guys have just introduced it and I see that it gets updated constantly, which is great. also, it's not a separate platform for performance management so I wouldn't expect it have all the features that other platforms dedicted to performance only have.
There are other small things (such as I can't send a survey to 1 person only), but they are small compared to all the benefits and again, I know that sooner or later those will be resolved too.

• Industry: Biotechnology

Great for Growing Global Company

Reviewed on 2023/03/21

Our first implementation specialist was amazing. She provided excellent resources and followed up quickly. She was knowledgeable and helpful. Our account manager is also very good and she works with us monthly to help make sure that we're meeting our annual HR goals by reducing administrative workload in the system and allowing us more time to focus on the people of the organization.

Pros

More than just an HRIS, it's a place for employee engagement. Great personalized homepage to keep people updated. Easy to use and to set up. You can keep a pulse on the culture with ease. They are constantly improving product and takes feedback from clients and they keep you informed. They also work with you to ensure that the product is meeting your needs and help you find ways to better utilize it. It's easy to implement new items and grows with the company well. We were able to globalize our Org chart and better integrate the global teams.

Cons

Currently, there is no way to have a site admin vs a total admin. This is an issue if you want a HR lead at each site to be able to customize the program without access to their counterpart's private information. Also, employee's do not have the ability to opt in or out for their birthday or work anniversary being shared. There are work arounds but right out of the box, it's either all employees show up or none show up on the homepage.

UKG Ready, Access PeopleHR, TriNet Zenefits, BambooHR and Ciphr

Reasons for Choosing Bob

Needed to globalize our systems and find a system that could serve us as we grow.

Reasons for Switching to Bob

Had the features we needed and big on engagement.

Bob for Web Developers

Reviewed on 2023/11/23

Pros

You can easily access all employee database and quickly. The software doesn't lag. The time and attendance tracking is always accurate and it also provides a report of all the gathered data.

Cons

It's not available for all languages, so the selection is limited, as well as offline functionalities, which are also limited. If you are not used to HR platforms, some of its tools can be confusing to use at first.

Claire

Easy to Navigate Platform! Useful and user friendly

Reviewed on 2023/11/25

Pros

It's very easy to navigate as a user. The side panel makes it easy to find what you are looking for. The Time Off section is what I mainly use Bob for and I like the feature where you can estimate how much time off you'll have in the future

The demographics for our organisation is also a very neat feature on the homepage

Cons

I do not have anything that I don't like about Bob. If anything, I wish there were more demographics for our organisation on the homepage, and maybe update the demographics! As I'm not sure the demographics have been updated since I joined the org

Valentino

Bob can be a great friend, but you need to know him well first

Reviewed on 2023/03/12

Bob is our HRIS. Whether that’s our people themselves (being able to see all of their employment information in one place, being able to book a holiday and see when others have time off), our managers (getting a full view of their team’s details - salaries, job titles, locations in one place and seeing time off in full view in order to capacity plan accurately) or our People, Culture and Inclusion team (reporting, right to work checks, onboarding new folks, onboarding ourselves onto new systems and employment changes) - all of these things get simpler with Bob. We make a great use of the automation of tasks that Bob allows to build, from new joiners to leavers, from probation and onboarding to parental leave, we have created flows that automatically assign tasks to the relevant people, to make sure nothing is missed on important lifecycle phases of employees.

Pros

great user and admin experienceDEIB focus with pronouns and demographic fieldsmass loading possible super quick implementationautomation of tasks and workflows

Cons

Automations don't always workSupport is patchy and relies too much on users being able to solve the problem themselvesA lot of workarounds are necessary to overcome Bob's limitations

Personio and Humaans

Reasons for Switching to Bob

Quick implementation, onboarding & pre boarding workflows were suitable based on our needs, the UI is intuitive
Leeav

HiBob Review

Reviewed on 2023/03/16

I love this software and would recommend it to all companies looking to get a HRIS system in place.

Pros

I love the UX and especially the customer support team, both in Israel and in NY.

Cons

Sometimes features aren't available for different employees and it takes time to talk to the HR manager to allow some permissions.

Neha

Bob has made our lives so easy

Reviewed on 2023/07/07

Bob has brought on so many efficiencies. Right from demo to implementation and now support, it has been smooth. There are some delays on certain tickets due to mutiple reasons.

Pros

Flexibility, customisable, intuitive, user-friendly, real-time people changes, reporting etc. The list is long

Cons

Integration with Netsuiote Infinite Cloud and conducting salary review via Bob using Package was hard

Roy

Simple, light, Great!

Reviewed on 2023/12/02

Overall experience is very good, much better than all previous solutions. Especially since it combines everything into one place which is neat and easy to use.

Pros

Simple and easy to use system that centralizes everything for employees and managers.
I find myself open it many times.
I also used the API which was well documented and easy to use and created simple automations to pull out some information.

Cons

Some of the screens are a bit overloaded and “old fashioned”.
E.g the employee information.
It could use a better UX and a fresh look.

Great HRIS & PMS

Reviewed on 2023/06/22

I use Bob daily and it's essential for being able to view our people and resource planning, as well as for day to day people operations and reporting.

Pros

Very easy to use as an HRIS, really great Dashboards feature and good basic Performance Management System.

Cons

The Reporting feature could be more intuitive.

Complete but overwhelming HHRR software

Reviewed on 2023/05/05

Overall the platform is vey complete. However, it can become a little bit overwhelming due to the amount of functionalities and cluttering. I miss some help elements in the platform (tooltips, explanatory text) to guide me a little bit.

Pros

The notification settings. The panel to control them is very complete and flexible.

Cons

"My time off" divided in two sections, "Balance" and "Requests". I'd rather have everything in one place.Having access to pages I won't use (I'm not sure if they can be removed or disabled for specific employees).The arrows to expand the main body to make it fill the whole screen is silly."I personally don't like the "social media" part of the platform. I have the feeling that the platform is trying to be so complete that sometimes it loses focus of its purpose.

Kate

Easy to use. Comprehensive. Great support. Feedback is acted on. Know you are valued as a...

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Pros

Being able to feedback and see your feedback quickly acted on influencing the growth of the product. You feel valued and part of the journey. I am a 1 person HR/office team helping out a small finance team for a company of 50 and this software has saved me hours of time and stress. I am not even using it to its full potential yet due to finite time. It has also helped give power to employees where as an example they can see their annual leave so I don't have to keep spreadsheets and constantly update individuals. It is just their. Managers can see their teams, Org charts are great. adding photos so people can see who's who in a growing team and that is just the very tip of the iceberg that is bob. Fantastic.

Cons

The performance review section. I know when bob developed it they developed a product I was super excited about and holding out for. They, as any business would do, sought feedback and ended up releasing a much lighter touch performance review section based on the feedback. As a result I am going to use another platform which is more suited to my companies needs. However I am sure it will be a very suitable process for many companies, as their own research shows.

Ghayathri
  • Industry: Research

Hibob for a high-growth startup

Reviewed on 2023/03/30

Pros

The UI is amazing. People find the application to be really easy to use and interactive. The documents, surveys and performance features are mind blowing

Cons

The onboarding task lists cannot be grouped into folders. Same with performance reviews questionnaires. Can have more and better integration with slack.

Rippling and BambooHR
Carol
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Fantastic, Easily Customisable HR System

Reviewed on 2023/04/20

LOVE Bob! I've worked with several HRIS and it is honestly the easiest to use, the support team are lovely and overall it is a great user experience.

Pros

Access to real time data. System is easy to customise, you don't need a dev team to make changes you need and changes can be done in real time. Ease of use both for the HR team and employees. Its easy to navigate and use.

Cons

I think more work can be done on the performance management piece i.e.: including weightings on key indicators, instead of on the whole goal.

Sebastian
Sebastian
  • Industry: Entertainment

A great up and coming app

Reviewed on 2022/05/05

Pros

LOVE! It is a main staple on most tools to be integrated with, slack is easy but also other payroll, engagement and HR/Tech tools integrate seamlessly.

Love the UX, simple, colourful and engaging.

Customer service is great too! Keep doing what you're doing, bob :)

Cons

The pricing model for new features could be a bit more adaptable. We wanted to add timesheets just to a set number of employees but they wanted to charge us for the whole company!

Access PeopleHR and BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Bob

Price and product offering!
Lucie

Best HRIS I’ve worked with so far!

Reviewed on 2023/05/22

Pros

Complex HRIS with al the features you need for small/mid-size company, they cover all the employee life-cycle. Very remote/global-friendly. Pretty easy implementation, great support from their team during the selection & implementation process and even now when we need help with some issues/questions. Highly recommend Bob!

Cons

NA - We are really satisfied with HiBob!

MEHROSE

Bob the best for professional Employement

Reviewed on 2021/04/14

The team that is behind bob is beyond the next level their feedbacks are life savior sometimes.

Pros

Bob makes me help to solve queries in seconds and the responding team is amazing they have solutions for almost everything that the HR department can do and solve for you.

Cons

Bob is expensive at some level because companies cannot use it to the fullest and the packages from bob may affect their budget.

Mats
Mats

Great product

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

Excellent implementation and easy to get the users engaged. Creates al ot of values for us.

Pros

Employee-data management with modern API´s and much functions connected to engagement and employeer branding.

The employee is in focus, not the admin department.

Cons

The product is still developing. It is a pro and a con at the same time. We missed some features in the beginning but new functions are built all the time.

Sympa

Reasons for Switching to Bob

The focus on employee and the modern tech.
Shannon
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

My Bob Review

Reviewed on 2023/06/15

Very positive. Time taken to understand the relationship between customizable parts is worth the investment (task + flows, fields + values and API related functions).

Pros

Having a singular location for all of our employee data and being able to search up the information I'm looking for saves me lots of time. Importing information in bulk is also super handy.

Cons

It was disappointing to learn that Sandbox features are behind a paywall since it's important for us to test and view features before implementing them to the hole company. The benefits page is a bit limiting in that you have to upload spreadsheets for each update.

Sheila

OverBobing

Reviewed on 2023/06/27

Very positive

Very positive

Pros

I like ti centralize all the info to have an instant picture a virtual place where to meet when important communication or done user friendly

Cons

Tasks module not so easy to use and some other related future not so intuitive

Gemma
Gemma

bob is a really intuitive system to use and customer support is always fantastic

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

The aesthetic is fun and non-corporate. Users are encouraged to share their 'superpowers' which helps people to connect with others who have similar interests. The system is really easy to navigate and there are some useful integrations. The support team are always fast to respond to my questions and to tell me about new features, or what they are developing in the near future. You can enable/disable features to customise what you want to achieve with the system and what your current people priorities are.

Cons

There are some small additional features I'd like such as e-signatures, which I believe is coming soon. The support team are really responsive to feedback about features that would be useful.

Kristiyan
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

HI BOB review

Reviewed on 2023/07/18

Pros

Very easy to operate and check the stats for every person in the company.

Cons

About hi BOB i have no complains it works perfectly fine.

Manu
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Best Value of MOney and easiest App

Reviewed on 2023/06/19

Very happy with the app as it have assisted us in getting streamlined with employee experience

Pros

Simple App with high value to end user. The ability to customise tasks, flow, etc. is great.

Cons

Can be better integrated to some of the widely used ERP like Pronto

Julia
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

A user-friendly, innovative and ever-developing HRIS with a few limitations

Reviewed on 2023/02/20

Pros

- flexible and adaptive to the current needs of the company- beautiful and friendly front end- calendars, sites are location-specific- dash board is great- flows, task lists, pre onboarding flow etc.

Cons

- reports and filters are a bit complicated to set up.- sometimes not very intuitive- limited for surveys (conditions, dependencies, 2nd page, layout and format)- payroll section > Monthly salary could be automatically calculated if there is a change in the working hours- esign could be more formal and professional (the fields are super difficult to add and not

Konstantin
Konstantin

Fully satisfied as a user

Reviewed on 2023/11/27

Pros

Great user-friendly interface. Handy search and user profile browsing!

Cons

Maybe a lack of integration with other tools, and little bit odd API with some confusing responses.

Marina

Great level of services first of all and beautiful easy to use product!

Reviewed on 2017/06/25

I really enjoyed using this product. My employees were quite engaged in using this and it has truly improved company culture.

Pros

You can easily customize the product to your needs, really easy to on board and to use and most important to me my employees really use that, great design web and mobile.

Cons

very young company , needs to see what happens in time. they dont have many global companies and US services isnt ready yet.

Response from Hibob HRIS Software

Thank you so much for your great review of HiBob. We look forward to growing and are glad our product could benefit your company culture! Please continue to keep in contact if there is anything we can do to help.