CMNTY Reviews

CMNTY

Understand people's deepest motivations and desires.

4.6/5 (29 reviews)

We adopted the platform as our "new Intranet with extranet capabilities" and it works well for that!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017

communication in the team without central persons having to catalyze is great, it connects our virtual team. and it provides us with a logical (cloud based and allways access-able) platform for all our information, questions and idea sharing needs.

Pros

Easy to learn. Like LEGO. Slick but not overdone layout & design capabilities. Great functionality for nice price. Though the platform was not primarily designed for the use we do and see growing, it fulfills most of our needs. We also see @ feel great adoption bij CMNTY company and support. So we trust we find our grow path together.

Cons

We are up to use it with quite a lot of fora & blogs. The directory structure could be more flexible (harmonica functionality). Also a bit more design functionality per blog/forum would be nice. From the information sharing point of view we'ld like to bring more variety in visualisation (like magazines do). Also we are in need of a better/extendable/lay-outable member profile page/stamp per member.

Response from CMNTY

Hi Douwe!

Thank you for making the comparison with LEGO. That's a huge compliment to us!

You'll also be happy to hear that improvements to the discussion structure you mentioned are to be expected soon. We'll let you know when that is released.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software, and we hope your community keeps adding the value you are already getting from it!

Easy and professional

Reviewed on 1/27/2018

Pros

It is easy to use and to publish directly relevant content. The cmnty has a proffesional look and feel and a lot of features. The service is direct and personal.

Cons

The passwords requirements of 10 items and the pricing model above 250 users is expensive.
the webshop tooling I would like an automated forward systems that gives you a signal when somebody is purchasing a product

CMNTY Platform is a perfect platform that has allowed our small trainer really interact!

Reviewed on 11/2/2017

All in one place - communicating, sharing, and receiving requests from our users.

Pros

CMNTY Platform is easy to set up and very friendly/intuitive to use platform. No need to special training to admins or users. Perfect!

Cons

It took me some time to understand how the set up menus are organized. It is a different approach for the set up areas. But, once we get it, it is easy to set it up.

AMAZING community platform for those looking for ease and high functionality!

Reviewed on 1/1/2018

Pros

It's intuitive to use, modern in style, and has everything one could want in a community platform. I looked for MONTHS trying to find an online platform to host my monthly membership community and nothing ever came close to CMNTY.

Cons

The price is a bit high. But is SO worth it for everything you get and the time you save. Spent so many hours just trying to figure out how to set things up on other platforms, but got the hang of CMNTY right away.

Certainly the most user friendly platform I have experience. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017

It allowed our organisation to quickly and easily create a reliable central communication hub.

Pros

Intuitive and simple. It is also great value for money. The level of one to one support is exceptional.

Cons

Not the software itself, but the set up guidance notes were not easily found. However, that has now changed.

Good platform that serves our needs .

Reviewed on 9/14/2017

Pros

the main reason we decided to use CMNTY is because of the gamification element embedded in the platform, that perfectly serves our needs. I also like that the platform is relatively easy to use and the responsiveness of the support team, that will always help you out.

Cons

As a basic user, I sometimes feel like the limited personalization options (design wise) are restraining me in creating the best possible platform for my needs. More design options would be great. Also, I would love for CMNTY to have an app for android/iOS, as most of our target group are smartphone users.

Depending on your needs and use case it's a good product

Reviewed on 9/20/2017

Pros

It's very easy to setup and use. The gamification elements are good and the feature set is nice if you don't have complex needs and expectations. The support team is very responsive.

Cons

For a community building platform, there's some core functionality (like threaded replies, reply tracking, user-level statistics) that are either unavailable or require a higher level subscription. Since they're essential to getting a community off the ground not including them in the basic package can mean the difference between a community growing or stalling. Obviously, that's pretty important.

7.0/10

Very easy to setup!

Reviewed on 1/23/2018

Higher user engagement and brand building

Pros

That I'm able to customise it the way I want. I also love the look of the interface and the use of images and attachments in posts.

Cons

I find that the price difference between starter and regular is quite steep, as a small business I need to be able to afford this.

We used CMNTY for our recent 2-day virtual event, and currently use it for my membership group.

Reviewed on 11/26/2017

Pros

Easy to onboard clients, I can allow certain clients to see certain forums while others see other forums, chat is included, members can collaborate, gamification features are fun, customized profile questions are available, ,

Cons

Very little. I'd like to have some of the more advanced features like export, available at the lower price tiers, but wouldn't we all? I'd love to be able to schedule emails, but most platforms don't offer this either.

I finally found a platform that could support my community in connecting and collaborating

Reviewed on 5/5/2017

The ability to connect my community with one another at an affordable price range.

Pros

It's intuitive to work with as an administrator and user. There's an easy to access Help Center that has answered most questions I have. I like all the features - that my members can have profiles, message each other, contribute to forums, polls, collaborate and use a webshop. It has features that I couldn't find anywhere else for this price range. The customer service has been very attentive and reliable.

Cons

At the basic plan I can't customize as much as I would like. For instance the formatting on my Home page is not that attractive, and I can't add a customized page.

Response from CMNTY

Hi Michelle! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software. Glad to hear this was a great solution for you and looking forward to watching your community grow!

Very intuitive.

Reviewed on 1/9/2018

Was able to organize a large group of clients.

Pros

I was looking for an interface to serve as a hub for about 100 nonprofit clients. CMNTY offers a beautiful interface. Very modern looking. I was easily guided in the setup process. I was literally up and running in under an hour.

Cons

I would have loved to see some tutorials. The opening video while the site was being built was a nice touch but I learn better by video.

New to Community and really like how easy it is to use with a full support resource available at our

Reviewed on 4/7/2018

We are using the platform as a tool with our member community. Community allows us to effectively communicate our companies features and benefits to thousands across the US.

Pros

Designed for ease of use. Great visual experience. Customization is very easy to achieve. Great pricing. Online support documentation is great.

Cons

We have just starting using the platform, so at our early stage of development we have not found any cons to report.

CMNTY has excellent customer service and many community options--help when you need it!

Reviewed on 12/6/2017

We found a platform that would work to create an online community, work internationally, and help connect a large group of people in a meaningful way.

Pros

There are so many options and features, and there are help articles on each feature. We are just launching our community, and I will be able to add new things for the community to explore and use. I started off with one poll and one questionnaire, but I will be adding gamification and step boards next month. I feel like we will be able to expand this platform and keep it fresh long-term.

Cons

I'm wanting to integrate with some platforms that are not options yet in CMNTY-- but we have been working with the customer service on hearing about plans for future integration.

Top notch tool for community management, some lack of lists management

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 6/7/2017

Satisfied customer, to whom we suggested the tool as a means for her specific questions (setting up an online discussion forum)

Pros

Very userfriendly interface, clear oversight on all activities. Ability to log in as a community member to preview how it looks, and switch back to management side at a single mouse click.

Cons

It is a petty that CMNTY does not contain a better list management system in which we can filter down on specific member sociodemographic items (free fields we introduce in the profile). This is the reason why we aren't using CMNTY to manage our consumer database.

Response from CMNTY

Hi Stefaan,

Thank you so very much for taking time aside to leave a review! Great to hear you found the CMNTY platform user friendly (that is super important to us!) and our team will look into your additional feedback.

Great sales experience. Product is excellent

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 6/2/2017

I was able to build a community for our members in 1 day that looked professional, was branded as my company and could offer multiple content options

Pros

The Design is fantastic.

The mobile design and UX is a real plus.

The Ease of admin makes life easier.

The options and tools within the community are very sophisticated.

Cons

cost - starting cost is expensive.

Social login not easy to implement - should be a basic feature.

a email templates would be better.

using short URL in emails

Response from CMNTY

Hi Paul,

Your review is much appreciated, thank you on behalf of our entire team! Everybody here is thrilled you are having a fantastic experience with CMNTY - from the design, to the ease of use, to the communication with our team glad this was all amazing for you.

Best community building software we have found

Reviewed on 3/29/2018

Pros

I love how easy it is to use.
It is also beautiful, easy to customize and a wonderful alternative to the dreaded FB groups I have been stuck using.

Cons

Currently, we don't have the need to jump to a higher user count and pay more but if we did it is a large leap financially. MIGHT be an issue down the road.

Pleased so far

Reviewed on 8/31/2017

Pros

There are different modules that do different things like challenges, forum, chat, etc. The software is easy to use once you figure it out (moderate learning curve). Customer support is superb.

Cons

Not being able to tag members (@) is a major concern but we are able to quote members which trigger their attention.

Excellent online solution for customer group

Reviewed on 11/10/2017

Pros

We are running a small online group (150 users) for our best customers, and the basic version of CMNTY was a tremendous solution. Very reasonable price, great features, and easy to use. Overall it's a pretty fantastic solution for our needs.

Cons

Maybe the only con is the mobile version could be improved.

I am BEYOND excited about this platform. It is SUPER simple to use and very effective!

Reviewed on 3/29/2018

Pros

I love how simple it is to customize, how responsive and helpful the customer service/ reps are, how very teachable it is.

Cons

I only wish that there was a group of Cmnty users to share best practices. This would allow me to get the MOST out of the software faster.

Best platform out there for the cost

Reviewed on 11/29/2017

Pros

I did a lot of research trying out different platforms for my community group and I found CMNTY Platform to be the best aesthetically, functionally and price-wise. Since signing up I have found the support to be very helpful and encouraging. The platform is easy to use, fun to participate in and inspiring for everyone involved. There are tons of different features and even incentives to get people to participate. I feel confident I made the right choice.

Cons

The only thing missing for me is a built-in calendar, but there is an option to link in a Google Calendar.

Interesting tool

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 8/14/2018

Pros

So many possibilities when it comes to potential user interaction. Makes something that was typically only available for big companies accessible for everyone.

Cons

Hard to use. Many different nooks and crannies that are hard to get to. Took me a few days just to understand what I was looking at. Its also priced way too high. Maybe reduce the features and lower the price.

6.0/10

Online Community Platform

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 8/22/2018

So far, my experience has been positive overall. We are still in the build-out phase and have not gone live with it yet, so more will develop in the coming months.

Pros

Pretty user-friendly, relatively easy to navigate, very customizable, and has plenty of various features to play around with.

Cons

If you are not familiar with webpage customization, navigating the configuration and layout settings can be a bit tricky, and if you aren't paying for a subscription to the higher-level tiers of service, you are not given the same level of customer support in building out your platform.

Even though I'm a new user, CMNTY platform seems like exactly what we need.

Reviewed on 2/28/2018

Pros

It's easy enough to set up, compared to others more advanced but complex platforms targeted to research agencies. Yet it has plenty of tools and options to choose from. And the support is super helpful. Whatever you need - just ask. Also tools that could be applied whatever one needs (pools, forums, activities, image sharing etc.)

Cons

Obviously, I would be happy for more languages, and perhaps some templates for easy set up depending what community one needs.

It's seamless and easy to set up and manage.

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 7/20/2017

Simplicity. Ease of set up. Ease of use by members.

Pros

The mobile friendly platform. The clients I wish to add to the platform are mostly on their phones and this is greatly helpful. The desktop is also very user friendly.

Cons

More advise on setting up an online community (although this could be that I just haven't taken advantage of what you already provide)

Response from CMNTY

Hi Scott,

We really appreciate the review! Our entire team is happy to learn your satisfaction with the mobile platform. We understand the importance of mobile capability in this day and age so it's important to us that your clients have that working successfully.

Regarding finding help setting up an online community, we do have a thorough help center as well as a new checklist feature available in trials to guide you along the way. However we are always looking to improve so thank you for the feedback.

This has been a wonderful experience. The features are many, and the value for money.

Reviewed on 1/30/2018

Pros

Better value for money than Flock or Slack which I have tried before! And the functionalities are perfect too such as with newsletters, in-messaging app etc.

Cons

The many benefits are better used for someone that has far more knowledge than me. I have had to use customer services many times (a great team!) and also ask for friends' support who have more advanced skills.