Expo Logic

Online platform for content management & event registration

• Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Lots of features but customizing beyond that is difficult

Reviewed on 2019/04/15

We're using Configio as a portal to allow easy signup for classes and events at our company.

Pros

It allows us to a lot of valuable things with handling event details and customizing the user and admin experience, but integrating with our services has been a pain

Cons

If their out-of-the-box solution works for you, then you'll have a great time. But if you want them to add features or even if you want to use features (for example the Configio API) extensively that they apparently don't get much use from, then you'll have lots of trouble. It takes months to get any contracting work done from them, and they miss basic considerations that we were upfront about when we signed on with this product.

Most of the UI customization is available just through hundreds of checkboxes - not an ideal interface.

Alicia D.

Software that catered to my needs with excellent customer service!

Reviewed on 2015/09/30

I decided to move all of our camp registrations (about 650) to MCE in 2013 to help with the organization of information, and to streamline a class scheduling option that is specific to our camp. Initially hesitant to make the switch, I was adamant that MCE provide me with assistance in setting up our software, creating schedule templates, and helping our camp go 'paperless' with medical forms and HR being completely online.

Not only did MCE assist me in every way that they could during the first few months of my contract to make the change go smoothly, they ensured that I receive the same customer care to this day. It's important to me that I can pick up the phone (even though their company is on pacific time, and we are eastern) and know that I am going to speak with someone who knows my program and who can help me work through any issues I may be having.

MCE worked hard to make sure that I was a happy customer from day 1, designing our camper scheduling that had always been a huge, stressful, paper project each summer. To this day, we make time to schedule improvements and the customer service reps make sure that they communicate new tools within the software.

I am happy we choose MCE for our camp registrations!

Ed N.

Large BANG medium buck.

Reviewed on 2016/09/09

Best customer support I have EVER experienced bar none! Configio formerly MyCustomEvents is a sometimes overwhelming solution which once learned can kill 50 birds with just one stone. Would I buy it knowing everything i know today? Yes. I find myself wanting to play with it even if I have nothing scheduled to use it for. Every time I log back in I discover some feature that I didn't know exists. As a developer I can respect the work that went into creating such a flexible and expansive solution. My tip to you is if you need a product like this trust in their support team. Take the plunge and let them walk you though everything until you feel comfortable. It's complicated at times but once your brain is trained to works like the Configio team you will find yourself really zipping through the product to implement some pretty cool variations of your products. It's not WordPress (thankfully) and it's not eCommerce or Amazon. It's a great upper mid-tier system. This means it's perfect for almost any business.

Arika G.

Amazing Software and Staff That Go Above and Beyond

Reviewed on 2015/09/30

We have been using My Custom Event for two years now and it is a huge blessing to our organization. Registrations, taking payments, creating reports, and receiving donations became so much easier. The amount of things that My Custom Event offers is extraordinary. Every time we need help, they are there and have an answer within a few moments, and if they don't have the answer immediately, they work their hardest to obtain it as quickly as possible. The customer service we have received in each and every communication with My Custom Event has been better than we have experienced with any other company, hands down. Since using My Custom Event, our employees are happier, but more importantly, our customers are happier.

Phil C.

Super Online Registration and Event Management Software

Reviewed on 2015/06/03

We've been using the product for 3 years to manage our online registration for leagues, tournaments, camps and special events. The features and capabilities seem endless. The customer service team is very helpful and friendly. They answer my questions and help me find the solutions I need within their program. (It's great getting to speak to a live person.)
The software handles my small and large events well and I don't foresee outgrowing its capabilities.
The only downside I've experienced is that there are so many features and options it can be overwhelming. However, whenever I've needed an additional feature, they already have it integrated and their support staff train me on how to use it.

Charles L.

The ability to do it all

Reviewed on 2015/06/05

I currently use the platform as an ECommerce along with Shipping & Fulfilment and I haven't even scratched the surfice. From a manufacturer and reseller perspective, its allows me to manage my inventory, shipping and revenue very easily. Creating brand new product is easy, but even easier with the cloning feature. The thing I love the most is, email marketing is connected directly to my existing accounts. I don't need to import and export lists into a third party platform. This goes the same for the CRM. It is all here!

Josh W.

Excellent event ticket system

Reviewed on 2015/09/30

I have used My Custom Event for 3 years to sell tickets to my classes as well as sell tickets to events that my wine business hosts. The site is easy to set up an event and has far more features than I need to use. I appreciate how the company is always looking for improvements and is adding new features. I would highly recommend My Custom Event for any of your event and product sales needs.

Matt A.

We have just begun using My Custom Event Manager, and we are very impressed so far!

Reviewed on 2015/09/30

My Custom Event has so much to offer. The intuitive back end software makes it easy to set up online shopping carts, custom email campaigns as well as start to finish college level courses. There are many features we've yet to take advantage of, but we are sure the software can do nothing but propel our current business.

Chris M.

Great Software Packed With Features...and excellent support

Reviewed on 2015/09/22

We are so happy with the choice to use Event Manager for our E-commerce platform, member discounts and learning management. There are so many integrated features that we can utilize now and in the future. It has really simplified our product management and order fulfillment too.

Cathy H.

9 month review of configio

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

I like the ease once you know how the logic of it all works, but have found some limitations and takes a long time to build everything, it's all an ongoing process.

Debbie E.

Quick and Friendly Customer Service and Easy Software

Reviewed on 2015/10/13

Pros - Simple system with lots of customizable elements
Excellent Customer Service

Cons - Coding is needed for more than basic customization

Michael D.

Love this product - no other system gives you the flexibility and control

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

Super easy to use, tutorial videos are great. Live support is unmatched.

Cons

After one year of use, we have nothing we would change at this point

Mary G.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great platform for virtual conferences!

Reviewed on 2021/02/16

Definitely recommend this company - I did lots of research and they were my top choice by far

Pros

Hands down the customer support is the number one feature. This company does a fantastic job supporting their clients. I have used them for two virtual conferences and contracted for a third. We have had a wonderful experience. They don’t have all of the bells and whistles of some of the pricier platforms but they have all the essentials and fit our budget. Great company.

Cons

Missing a few things they might add in the future - better tracking of CE participation (there was some manual work on my end), more sponsor branding opportunities, and I’d like more options for “design” of the virtual environment

Tina H.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Stellar Service, Above and Beyond Product Experience, Amazing Solutions, Great Price

Reviewed on 2017/01/02

When we decided to update and redo our website several months ago we had no idea what a mess it was going to become. We started with a well-branded website company and after investing more than a month of design/build time we realized that we had been misleading by the firm and that they could not provide the outcome, functionality, or support we required for our new site. We had to start completely over.

We researched several companies out there and decided to choose Configio based largely on the fact that they had so many solutions all in one platform. They could do everything we needed and more! We were a little gun-shy considering our recent experience with the previous firm, so we asked a lot of questions and the service we received upfront before we ever became a customer was unmatched. Configio's team of professionals has been there with us every step of the way with a helping hand. I have never received such stellar service anywhere! When we call, we know all of the support techs by the first name and we NEVER have to wait to reach someone, which for us, time is very important.

We are more than pleased with our experience with Configio and we tell everyone about them. Their product provides complete solutions for whatever you need in regards to performance, functionality, analytics, big data, user experience, and an all encompassed platform for everything we needed to run our business. We no longer have to use multiple platforms like we did in the past. Our CRM, Email, learning system, webinars, order and event tracking, website, it's all together!
Thank You Configio!!! We love you.

Pros

Everything! The ability to have everything I need to run my business in one place. Order and Event tracking, big data, CRM, Email marketing, analytics, you name it.

Cons

It was a bit overwhelming when I first started learning it, but you soon realize that it is set up to be user-friendly and after a few days it all starts to make sense. I find my self-navigating so easily now and everything makes sense.

Patrick Z.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Very easy to use and Great customer service

Reviewed on 2018/06/01

You get to create a website for whatever you need and it is reliable and very nice. I love the customer service and they helped a lot.

Pros

I like how simple it is to use and that whenever I need a question the customer service is right there available.

Cons

It takes a while to customize whatever you need to do. There are a lot of options so it is a lot to process.

Lisa H.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Configio: Our New Registration System

Reviewed on 2017/01/11

Last fall, our parent company notified our department we would be getting a great, new class registration system. We were so very pleased because the system we were currently using was old, slow, and did not allow for online registration. At first glance, we were impressed with this new system as it is well organized, visually appealing, and responds quickly. Over the past several months, we have input thousands of product events, set up many forms, attachments, and emails, and successfully received thousands of class registrations. Configio, with all that it offers, holds a significant learning curve, but with the help of many on the support team, we are up and running so to speak. Every day we learn something new and discover the may ways in which this new system can benefit us and our customers. We are most pleased with Configio!

Pros

Online registration capability.

Cons

We have so many event product variations so even simple changes can be tricky and tedious.

Tiffany C.

ProjectFUN

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

Configio has really helped to create an easy streamlined registration process. Our staff love how simple and intuitive the system is to use. It has really been a great asset to how our program manages student enrollment.

Pros

A lot of customizable options.
Easy to use.

Cons

Can be overwhelming with a lot of options sometimes.
Some random bugs that pop up.
Can't delete products or archive in an organized way.

Matthew N.

Outrageously Model Product by an Outrageously Model Company !

Model Company:
Since the beginning of computers and computer support, without ANY doubt I have NEVER experienced ANYTHING like I have with My Custom Event the last 9 months! Every single call I have ever made to MCE has been taken by a "real live person" who listened and assessed my need (s), and worked efficiently beyond my expectations. The communication skills demonstrated by this team have never been exceeded by any support team I have ever been associated with. From sales, to developers, to support ' they all have answered in harmony - regardless if it was routine support or a recent product they customized to meet our needs.

Model Product:
This product works like 'magic'. The 'customization' allowances are incredible. Just close your eyes and imagine what you need, and they find a way. The product is unbelievably reliable while being 'fluid' in its development. These folks at MCE understand you can't ride a bike sitting still. Without a doubt, they have this product ahead of the curve. I predict they are in for a long successful ride.

Sincerely,

Matthew Nail
256-214-1988

Jason P.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great value - happy to have made the decision to go with Configio

Reviewed on 2016/09/13

There are many more features and customizations than I expected for the price - and customer service has been perhaps the best I've ever experienced. Before going with super expensive alternatives, I strongly consider trying this option first.

Jenny S.

My Custom Event, and Joe McCollum in particular, have made my job so much easier!

Reviewed on 2015/06/23

I am so grateful to have come across My Custom Event. From my initial inquiry to my MANY emails full of questions, My Custom Event has been extremely professional and supportive.
Joe McCollum is a blessing and has saved me on many occasions. He is extremely knowledgeable and is always willing to help. He never makes me feel like I'm a bother (I am!) and goes the extra distance with every question - no matter how big or small.

The 4 stars I gave for ease of use would likely be 5, but I have yet to take MCE up on their offer for additional training due to just being so busy in a new job. I have plans to get the training in August and will likely want to change my review to 5 stars all across the board!

If you are seeking a registration program to simplify your life, don't hesitate! There is no intimidation factor here, as the staff will walk you through everything and support you all the way!

Krysten C.

Perfect option for a small non-profit

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

We love having the ability to control the functions of our website. We really appreciate the great customer support as well!

Pros

We are in control of our website content

Cons

Figuring out some of the content editors are complex, but Customer Support staff are always willing the help!

Kathie D.

Excellent Customer Service!!!!

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

Since starting with Configio their training has been excellent. Every step of the way they have been helpful in getting me started using the LMS. Every time I have called or emailed Joe in Tech Support he has been very helpful and always answered my questions or helped me figure out how to do what I wanted to do. Even when he was on vacation and I called Tech support they were helpful and able to solve my problems. I would totally recommend this company to anyone looking for a Learning Management System - the customer support is excellent!!!!

Malli S.

We use accounts, email messages, discounts, products, etc. for our students at our rally...

Reviewed on 2015/06/03

Pros: user friendly, help videos are a nice feature, customer service is A+++++ as they are always super friendly, available and accessible to assist with anything, the staff are always willing to create something new or modify original reports to suit our needs

Cons: the look of the software on the customer facing side is a bit outdated, some of the html coding is tricky when it comes to importing newer, updated codes

You cannot ask for a better company. I very strongly recommend My Custom Event!

Tony B.

We have no complaints at all on any aspect of our dealings with the personnel nor the products.

Reviewed on 2015/09/22

We are completely satisfied with every aspect of our dealings with My Custom Event.

The people are very knowledgeable, friendly, and make needed changes much faster than I would have expected. The above comments have carried through since day one and we've been using them for several years now.

I have no negative comments to add to this note, we are very happy with the relationship we have and the service we have received with MCE.

Kari F.

SweyoTigger

Reviewed on 2015/06/03

This software and the tech team behind it is versatile and flexible. The software can be customized to meet the needs of the user and if the customer needs assistance in setting up an event to make it work properly, the IT team will walk you through it. The reports that can be created and modified to meet the needs of the client are pretty in-depth and I have not had the opportunity to take full advantage of the possibilities.