Showing 192 reviews of 172

Tithe.ly

Cloud-based solution to manage church donations

Showing 192 reviews of 172
Michael H.

Great set of tools for the church, but TONS of core functionality missing

Reviewed on 2021/01/02

I like the Tithely vision: a whole suite of products under one roof. But given that they've bought different products and merged them rather than developing from scratch, there's little continuity between the products. They don't fix bugs and dont demonstrate a culture that even cares about the bugs. I feel as though those doing the development planning have NEVER worked in a church before, because of the amount of core functionality missing.

That said, this company has the potential to be the leader in church tech products if they'd just change their culture, quit launching half-baked products, and fix what's wrong with current products. They love God and want to serve the church. Hopefully they can fix what ails them so they can serve even more churches!

Pros

Tithely has built an amazing suite of tools for the church, at an amazing price: $99/ month. Really can't beat the price, when you consider that this provides Church Management, Text Messaging, Website, Giving, Media, and a Mobile App

Cons

There are TONS of missing features and functionality, and this isn't disclosed or known until after you've made the conversion and are in too deep to switch again.

For example, in ChMS,
-The framework is outdated - 20 years old or more.
-Automated reports really aren't reports, just an email reminder to run a report
-Due to bugs, Giving transactions dont auto-populate in ChMS
-No conditional rules for forms
-No report data in emails
-Still get notifications of reports have no data, which is a waste of time, since you have to log in to see the report before you know there's no data
-Members can't see their year to data giving total in Member area
-no calculations of report fields
-Almost NO integrations with other platforms
-No form data sent to admins when forms are completed
-Almost NO customization of the GUI
-social media integration has been broken since we came on board, but no sense of urgency to fix

For the mobile app
-cant check in on the app
-mobile app requires use of Tithely Giving, which isnt disclosed until after you build your app
-no geolocations
-can't configure home tiles

For Giving:
-Current integration with ChMS is buggy
-No notification when someone gives
-Fees cant be a designated fund

Also
-New products launched barebones, like Messaging (no groups or keywords)
-Media can't be edited
-No enhancements to Websites in almost a year
-Will not allow concerns to be posted to Tithely FB group; blocked everytime
-Bugs galore with no sense of urgency to fix

Josh E.

Considering Mobile Giving? Go With Tithe.ly

Reviewed on 2019/05/18

Pros

Text giving is very easy. You can easily export giving reports on the administrator side.

Cons

You have to search for the church you're giving to and if you're not careful, you can accidentally give to another church that might have a very similar church name.

You can't actually view someone's giving profile. Little strange.

Neal f F.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

A great experience from day one thanks to personal customer service.

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

It does what it is supposed to do. It works and integrates seamlessly.

Pros

BACKGROUND

Our synod had just completed a study in online giving. One of the key piece of feedback was support for our leaders without having to go through a phone zone for support only to be told you'll have to look through the support documents on the website. Our results were mixed.

THE DECISION TO MAKE THE MOVE TO TITHE.LY

As we looked into Tithe.ly as a provider of eGiving solutions, from day one, I was continually impressed with their responsiveness and the level of their customer service we received. If I have a question, I can call ONE PERSON directly. No phone tress. No... you'll have to read our support forum for that answer. Just great, personalized customer service from one representative. They work to get me the best answer. Tithe.ly also has very competitive rates. In other words, we get to keep more of the money that is given to us. Having the option for text giving is helpful in situations when there are emergencies, disasters, or events.

We decided to add a personalized app. It is intuitive and the process of building the app was informative and quick. I can't thank the folks building the app enough.

Pros: Great Customer Service, Price is fair, and in my conversations with their people, I got the real feeling like this is a company that really wants to be the best they can be.

Cons

I have not experienced many negative things with Tithe.ly. Just take your time and ask a question so you fully understand what is being offered and what you can do, if you move forward with a personalized app. Most of the confusion I had around the was on me.

Carid B.

AWESOME resources for Church and ministries.

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Tithe.ly is a great app for any size of church. When you setup the account as administrator, you have the opportunity to create different sub-accounts so that allow the people to decide in what ministry want to cooperate beside the tithe. I like the opportunity that the app brings to create a kiosk, so people that has installed yet the app can donate only getting in touch with one of the usher that have an iPad, tablet phone or computer. Also if the church is having a conference outside the facility,brings the opportunity to others to give donations without downloading the app. We use the kiosk when we selling lunch or other church product and that helps us a lot.

Pros

A friendly app that allows give tithe thru the cell phone for church and also different ministry inside the church.

Cons

I don't have any complaint about the app.

Robert A.

Simple, minimal risk tool for small churches

Reviewed on 2021/01/28

Over all very good. I have implemented it at 2 small churches and would recommend it again. I have implemented 2 other online giving tools. Tithely is my top recommendation for a small church that is hesitant about the e-giving concept.

Pros

Inexpensive and minimal risk solution for a small church that may be skeptical about e-giving. Simple and very fast to implement. The mobile app is great. There are no base fees, and no contract.

Cons

The length of time is takes for the church to receive the money donated. It takes 2-3 days for credit/debit transactions and 1 week for bank transactions.

Brett H.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

Our congregation was able to easily get on board with the product and use it to give to our church. Great product!

Pros

Tithe.ly is such an easy to use product. The ability to have the processing fees paid or not paid is a nice touch. It helped us cover a lot of the fees on our end.

Cons

We used Church Windows financial software, and it wasn't an easy process to merge Tithe.ly into Church Windows. It took more time than I had every month do process every transaction. It could have been Church Windows issues (seems behind the times), but I'm not sure.

Kathryn H.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

This software gives you tons of great features with very competitive fees! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 2019/02/13

We are a small non-profit, and the features mentioned above with the competitive pricing makes this product absolutely essential. If you are shopping for a sharp, easy to use, customizable giving platform, with great rates and useful features, look no more. THIS is a quality product for a great price and I have yet to be disappointed!

Pros

The fees are competitive. When compared to other companies, their prices are equal or lower. The company only charges a fee on actual donations (they DON'T charge a separate monthly fee regardless of donation amounts). They give donors an option to click a box where they will cover the fees for the donation. They also allow donors to set up recurring giving, which is an important option for us.
Tithe.ly also tracks all the electronic giving from donors, and compiles it at the end of the year in order to generate tax-statements for non-profits. It is EASY and quick. An additional feature is that you can customize your tax letter, including your logo, and any write-up you want to add to your tax letters. To generate the forms, you input the dates for the prior year, and the forms are generated. You can email them instantly, and have the option to print and mail any letters you choose. This feature ALONE makes this software worth having! The other AMAZING feature is that you can manually input any non-electronic donations into the software. This is a feature many other companies will charge you extra to use. For no additional cost, you can manually input other donations and keep track of ALL your giving in one software program. These manual entries will populate to the same tax form as the electronic giving. This feature makes this an outstanding product. I have also had questions about the software and features. I receive quick replies to my inquiry emails.

Cons

At this point I have not discovered a feature I don't like. I came to tithe.ly after using 2 other giving platform softwares, and this is, hands down, the best I have used. Probably the only drawback is just learning your way around when getting started. There is a fairly extensive options list when you log in, and can be a bit confusing at first. Don't be afraid to select options and see where they lead you. If you feel it is confusing or overwhelming, send an inquiry email or ask your question through the help menu. I had a few questions when getting started. I had quick follow up by emails/chat and even had a customer service agent call me to follow up on my questions/concerns. The agent was polite, professional and very knowledgeable and I have been MORE THAN SATISFIED with this software!

Russ C.
  • Industry: Design

They kill it, every single time.

Reviewed on 2017/03/22

I have worked with Tithe.ly as a church, outside consultant, and as a small business owner. They have always been the best bang for your buck, the most feature-rich platform, and bar none the best customer friendly staff around. While others are worried about competing in the marketplace of apps and giving platforms, Tithe.ly charges ahead on a course all their own, determined to serve their clients well now and into the future.

Pros

Feature-rich, cost-effective, friendly customer service, on-demand techs.

Cons

Nothing at the moment.

Tithely is Easy to Work With

Reviewed on 2020/01/08

Tithely has been great to work with. They are very friendly to faith-based organizations, since they are also faith-based. I would recommend them to anyone.

Pros

We have been with Tithely since shortly after they began. They are super friendly and very easy to work with. Getting setup to accept donations through Tithely was easy.

Cons

We have had no qualms at all with Tithely software. It works well and is pretty much hands-off once you get it setup.

Greg D.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Best Church Online Giving Tool I've Used {And I've Used a Lot of Them}

Reviewed on 2016/12/05

I help churches build websites and many of them are looking for a good looking, simple solution, for their online giving. The days of the poor user experience of being ushered to a merchant web page and back to your web page are gone with Tithe.ly. Tithe.ly is great because I've not seen all the features they offer packed into any other solution that doesn't require a monthly fee. One of the features that make them unique is that they allow the giver to cover the transaction fee, which in my experience, the giver does over 90% of the time. I've helped implement Tithe.ly not only on my own churches site but on many other sites as well. It is my go-to online giving tool...now if they would only make a more generic platform that wasn't so specific to churches to use on non-profit websites.

Pros

Full feature set...no monthly payment required, offers both credit card & ACH, user accounts, and allows the giver to cover the transaction fee.

Cons

It is very specifically geared towards churches. The platform could easily be adapted to other giving scenarios outside of the church if the name were different.

Collin B.

Great Customer Service and Easy App/Website Integration

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

We have used Tithe.ly for over a year as our mobile and online giving platform. We have had a great experience with the company as well as the product. Customer service has been excellent. We have seen automated giving increase since we introduced our church to online giving. About 25% of our Tithe.ly gifts are recurring.

Pros

The minimalist interface is pleasing to the eye and simple to use. It was very easy to implement in our mobile app. Our users are able to give through our app quickly and easily from wherever they are. One of the features we have used often is the ability to create custom URL links for special giving events. If there is a special need (e.g., disaster recovery), we can post a link on social media and whatever gifts are made through that link will be automatically marked for disaster recovery.

Response from Tithe.ly

Wow!! Love that your recurring giving program is headed in the right direction and that you're using the custom URL features to create special fundraising and event forms. Great idea!!!

Everett D.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

The Future of Church Giving is Here!

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

After just over a month of using Tithe.ly the percentage of our folks giving thru this app is just over 30% and that is amazing. It speaks to the ease of use in downloading and operating the app from Tithe.ly. Our entire leadership team is amazed and very happy with our choice to go Tithe.ly. We will be sharing this experience with all of our sister congregations.

Pros

This was absolutely the easiest app to setup and install and use that I have had the pleasure to incorporate in my church experience. I am an application developer and founder of a software company so I know and understand the ins and outs of graphical user interfaces and Tithe.ly has nailed it. Fast startup, remembering my default church, holding my payment information and looking good while doing so. If you are in a church and looking for a giving solution you will end up here if you do your research.

Cons

This is a hard one because after some use and integration with our congregation, I am still looking for something that I don't like. Yes it is that good!

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Tithe.ly Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/25

If I could log onto the account I would love this because it is very convinient.

Pros

My church uses this software and it works very well minus a couple of things. It is very easy to just be able to text in my tithes and offering and not have to worry about filling out an envelope or bringing cash to church every week.

Cons

When I first texted to tithe I did not have to set up an account. But after my debit card has expired and it will no longer allow me to pay tithe because it says I have to enter my username and password. This is odd to me because I have never had to create an account in the beginning. Being away at college I still would like to give tithes to my home church, but have been having to mail in my tithes due to not being able to log in.

Patrick S.

Great People, great system for all churches!

Reviewed on 2016/09/16

We highly recommend this service for all our ChurchBuzz church website clients! It is the easiest system we have found for churches to get online giving setup!

Pros

Very easy to get a new account and get it integrated onto the website. Can all be done in one day with no fuss!

Cons

NOT APPLICABLE!

• Industry: Restaurants

God Send?

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

Tithe and finances at the church

Pros

I was VERY skeptical at first when a deacon approached me about setting up this program.
With every ounce of humility I must admit, I was beyond wrong.
Tithe.Ly is very easy to setup and manage, for the church.
Checks go straight into the account and partons of the church. The impressive part is how it breaks down, everything from new donors to weekly averages. I know Brother in Finances, is very appreciative of this.
I hope this helps someone who is teetering, so was our pastor but you can cancel at any time and its VERY user friendly.

Cons

I wish you could just blindly give things without needing to give any information within the app.

Paul I.

Great team and great product

Reviewed on 2016/09/18

When looking for a well rounded giving solution that was affordable for small to mid sized churches I came across tithe.ly. The speed to which we were able to role out txt to give and an online option took us just a few days. We had the early adopters jump in and after just 8 weeks have seen over 50% of our giving switch over to online a recurring which has been a game changer. The team at tithe.ly have been there if we needed them, but honesty, it's intuitive and straight forward!

Pros

I like the txt to give, I love that our people can cover the processing fees, I love the powerful reporting on the back end and the seemless integration for our church management system and church app

Cons

You cannot cover processing fees through txt to give.

Stephen C.

I'm on the opposite end user side of this software, it's super easy and transparent

Reviewed on 2017/10/10

The automatic deposit function is great. The on the fly giving makes everything just click

Pros

Most everything. It makes give to our church very simple. I appreciate the simplicity and effort put into making it accessible to everyone.

Drake D.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Tithe.ly was our runner-up option

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Pros

Amazing features, ease of use, support, and amazing UI this app and company is a sure-fire winner! They have competitive pricey with loads of features and a GREAT App!

Cons

The only reason we didn't consider them for the win was that the option we picked was integrated into the church database software we choose.

James C.

Lives up to its name

Reviewed on 2016/09/16

This app makes my life easier. The simplicity is the great aspect of this app. We have multiple campuses and location and this easily locates automatically which make transactions easier than ever.

Pros

User friendly
Intuitive
Bugless
Safe
Easy to set up recurring

Cons

None that I've noticed

Katie C.

Convenient to use

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

I’ve been more consistent with making payments. Less paper, easier transactions for all.

Pros

The app is easy and convenient to use. Sure beats writing a check or withdrawing cash!

Cons

It can get a bit cumbersome going back and forth from the app to the website used to make the payments, especially if you are making more than one payment.

Per J.

First Parish Church roll-out of Tithe.ly

Reviewed on 2017/03/23

We started to use Tithe.ly in the later part of last year. As we use a "roll-your-own" deployment of Filemaker for our donation tracking and acknowledgement, we did have a few challenges in adopting to Tithe.ly, but with the ability to download csv versions of the transaction data, and the great customer support, we were able to integrate this new way of giving with relative ease. User interface is straight forward and easy to use, both for end-users and administrators.

Pros

easy to use

Cons

Can not make deposits to savings accounts.

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Tithe.ly has made some great stride in the online/mobile giving experience.

Reviewed on 2017/11/09

Pros

Tithe.ly first off looks amazing, such great effort has been made to give the user a visually pleasant experience when using the platform. But overall the best option that Tithe.ly has done over all other online/mobile giving platforms has is allow the giver to assume all fees associated with using an online/mobile platform. For churches this is huge as every dollar can be used without having to lose large portions of your charitable givings to fees.

Cons

The only con I have is that most if not all online/giving platforms only allow for Credit giving. This may be a hindrance to some leaders as Credit may go against there views and beliefs on what Tithes and Alms are.

Great giving application

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Tithe.ly has given us the opportunity to offer recurring giving and many other features without paying the high pricetag of their competitors.

Pros

Tithe.ly is available with no monthly fees.

Cons

I haven't decided if I like collecting fees with each transaction as much as I liked paying fees as a monthly expense.

Susanna L.

Awesome app & service

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

Seriously love this company & its integrity. The family at Redline Church enjoy the convenience of giving from their phone any day of the week. Love it!

Pros

quick & easy

Response from Tithe.ly

You and your church have been a blast to work with. Seeing Tithe.ly used to help raise funds for mission trips and to spread the Gospel is so awesome!!