Tithe.ly

Cloud-based solution to manage church donations

Dale
Dale
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great way to manage a church or non-profit

Reviewed on 2023/01/25

Pros

Tithe'ly offers a seamless integration between multiple platforms to manage a church or non-profit.

Cons

They are constantly improving the integration between the mobile app and the desktop versions but this has not always been a smooth transtion. But the team is open to quick to hearing and resolving issues across platforms.

David
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

All-In-One Tithe.ly is great!

Reviewed on 2023/01/24

I have really enjoyed being able to use push notifications to our members and being able to tailor them to specific groups like "Kid Parents" or "Youth Group" or "Worship Choir." I like the design of the app and the website and the ease in which it is manipulated. Like any new product, you may have to take some time to find your bearings, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy and great to use.

Pros

We had a web site we were building ourselves, but with Tithely we now have a better website that can be integrated into our app; a great app that can communicate with our members; a text number that can be used not only with 'text to give', but can be used as a digital visitor card, a book check-out, or to send information about an event or a ministry using keywords of my choice. Fundraising and online giving work great and are comparative with other online giving programs. We have also added child check-in to our church. Not only is it pretty easy to use (and has great help videos), but it uses a nice-looking design for all of its online uses.

Cons

There were some features we advertised to our members that are not being used by them. We have pushed those further back and focused on what is being offered and used instead. At times there is a miscommunication with our child check-in, but I believe that may be a local firewall issue and not a Tithely problem.

Subsplash

Reasons for Switching to Tithe.ly

We were already using Tithely for online giving and it we liked the all-in-one offerings of Tithely for what fit our church. It seemed the competition was better for massive churches, and Tithe.ly worked better for us.
David

Something changed in privacy.

Reviewed on 2021/12/06

Horrible, Customer service recommended i send private license and statement information through standard email. Really bad experience. I would not suggest using them now. Something has changed. Either too big or facebook is involved now.

Pros

While easy to setup when a modification had to be made we came to an impass. Customer support to resolve a solution took three months and hours of communications all the while Tithe.ly continued to collect donors money and would not transfer it to the Church. We finally had to have Tithe.ly return donations and they came back through Facebook listings on credit cards, much to my surprise. Has facebook purchased tithe.ly or are they part or disclosing even more information on who belongs to what church, to a company that is already carrying too much personal data in our country? The return of funds from facebook was a second big red flag. The first was reading tithe.ly's privacy agreement when personal license and bank statement images were requested.

Thoroughly read thithe.ly's disclosures for you and your donors before you sign up.

I wonder how long this post will last

David/ 12/06/21

Cons

NO customer service, facebook is invloved with credit card transactions. and 3 months to return funds to donors.

Nathan

Great Church Management software with extra

Reviewed on 2023/01/19

We've been a customer for several years and I've had a good overall experience. I've talked with sales people, custom service, and even a couple of engineers. Across the board, everyone has been friendly and showed a genuine care for our church.I believe they really do care about making a great product for churches to use and that means a lot to me.

Pros

Fairly simple to use. Even with lots of features, there are natural places to go and look for them. There are several extra features that I probably wouldn't have tried as a stand alone, but are really cool. We just implemented the credit card reader through Tithely Pay and it has been really helpful.

Cons

They are still building everything out so there are a few quirks. For instance, we have their larger church management system (Elvanto) which is where I have to go for things like group reporting and kids checkin. If I want to look at online giving or send messages, I've got to go through the tithely interface. If I want our church app, I go through the Tithely interface, but it sends me to another landing page for our app. None of this is a big deal because I know where everything is, but it might take you a few minutes to get familiar with everything.

Planning Center, Subsplash and Breeze ChMS

Reasons for Switching to Tithe.ly

It was the only one that covered everything we wanted. They were great to work with before purchasing, even allowing us to test out the real product.
Jacob

Tithely

Reviewed on 2023/01/19

Experience has been really great!

Experience has been really great!

Pros

Ease of use. Donation management and websites are awesome

Cons

Intervention is funny sometimes, but easy.

Planning Center and Proclaim by Logos

Reasons for Choosing Tithe.ly

Tithe.ly Ease of use and made for places of worship

Wix

Reasons for Switching to Tithe.ly

Tithe.ly had a church plant service
Tess
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Easy to use, customize, and scale!

Reviewed on 2023/01/26

The biggest benefit to this software is knowing what's going on. Reporting is easy and immediate, removing the guesswork and allowing for more robust planning.

Pros

How easy it is to use even for beginners and those for whom technology is difficult/new.

Cons

There are still some features not as robust so we have to use a separate program that doesn't integrate with Breeze/Tithe.ly. Events Manager and externally received donations (PayPal, etc.) are too manual.

Salesforce Service Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Tithe.ly

F1 was too cumbersome to use for our size organization and much more expensive.

FellowshipOne

Specific to religious organizations
Matthew

Tithe.ly is Awesome!

Reviewed on 2023/01/24

It has been great. Church engagement is up, I feel the church has all the tools they need to be equipped and informed. We feel we are able to monitor church health effectively. We love Tithe.ly.

Pros

The wide range of products ans features, most of which are connected, and all for a very affordable price.

Cons

There are a few products that are not as connected as they could be. It resulted in duplicate features, which sometimes caused confusion as to which one to use. But the team was great about clarifying that.

Earl

Great Company to Work With

Reviewed on 2023/01/24

This program has allowed us to take donations from a generation of members who don't use check books, and rarely carry cash. People love supporting the church, but the ways to collect that support need to evolve with the times. Tithe.ly has done that for us.

Pros

Tithe.ly provided us with a solution for online giving that passed muster for the bankers in our congregation, which had been a stumbling block for other companies. The security provided, and the options for fund designation make it a fantastic product.

Cons

Occasionally, our members have had issues finding our institution on Tithe.ly's list. When this happens, we usually direct them to our web page, where we have our direct link.

Givelify

Reasons for Switching to Tithe.ly

The ease of use, the responsive customer service team, and the fee structure were all better than competitors.
Josh

Considering Mobile Giving? Go With Tithe.ly

Reviewed on 2019/05/18

Pros

Text giving is very easy. You can easily export giving reports on the administrator side.

Cons

You have to search for the church you're giving to and if you're not careful, you can accidentally give to another church that might have a very similar church name.

You can't actually view someone's giving profile. Little strange.

Pushpay

Reasons for Switching to Tithe.ly

When I went with Tithe.ly in late 2015, they were more recognized in the industry than Pushpay. It was that simple.
Deanna

Easy to Use Online Giving Platform for Churches

Reviewed on 2023/01/25

I have loved using this. It is an affordable and easy way for us to accept bank and debit card payments.

Pros

I love that we can set up multiple types of funds - pledges, mission, unpledged giving, memorial fund, so that people can share how they want their gift applied to our budget.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a very easy way to set up a link directing people to give to a specific fund type. I think there is a way to do it, but setting this up is not obvious.

Response from Tithe.ly

Thank you Deanna! We love hearing this! Thank you for being a part of the Tithe.ly Family.

Thomas
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great for getting started with online giving

Reviewed on 2023/01/17

Great experience overall, this was something we got as a first-time online giving option and it has not disappointed. They continue to release new features all the time and there's a lot of potential for what you can do with it. We only use online giving, but I would like to explore other functions. Customer service is on point.

Pros

Easy to set up and learn as admin. Takes a lot of work off my plate and totally worth the small fee for what it does. One of my favorite features is sending giving statements for the year by email with a click of a button. Boom, done.

Cons

Viewing transactions doesn't always work on mobile. Doesn't load fully, so I have to refresh a couple times.

Stripe

Reasons for Switching to Tithe.ly

Concentration on church giving, not just payment processing.

Response from Tithe.ly

Thank you Thomas We love hearing this! Thank you for being a part of the Tithe.ly Family.

Michael
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Tithe.LY for our Church has been a useful and effective tool

Reviewed on 2023/01/24

We want to use the tool to increase regular giving which it has helped. We are happy with the church management to and want to continue to use it more effectively with more training.

Pros

Using Tithe.LY for online giving has been very effective in increased giving and reaching people outside our church who wan to support some of our programs like our Food Panty. It is automated and works great to get us the funds. The church management system has helped us safely store all our member information. We haven't fully used all the program can do for us yet.

Cons

The reports are customizable but not always easy to get it to come out how you would like it. Also the training needs some improvement.

Whitley

Making life easier

Reviewed on 2023/01/19

Pros

I love the ease of use and the capability to integrate with other software we are using. The Tithe.ly team is also very kind!

Cons

I do not have any complaints thus far. So good, so far!

Response from Tithe.ly

Thank you Whitley! We're so happy to hear that you are served well by our Tithe.ly team, and also enjoy using the product.

Jeffrey

Breeze Church Management Software is very user-friendly

Reviewed on 2023/01/26

Pros

User-friendly; Allows for picture of members; Connects attendance, giving, directory info, and family members all into one convenient place

Cons

We transferred information from our old software, and it was not organized very well when it transferred over. It can be difficult to print certain specific information or lists of people, but that may be due to the lack of organization after transfer.

Servant Keeper

Reasons for Choosing Tithe.ly

Old system was losing information and not very user-friendly.

Reasons for Switching to Tithe.ly

Price was better and usability.
Joseph
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Overall - good product

Reviewed on 2023/01/25

Pretty decent. I think the customer support option/access should be more readily visible to users. The Bot is okay, but does not address some of the key issues I see, such as when a user receives an error message when attempting to process a donation.

Pros

Online giving and mobile app feature. This is mainly what we use. I would like to use the donation processing feature, but not "sold" on it just yet.

Cons

CHMs and website set up was difficult, and I don't feel that we have full use of the website program.

Give Lively

Reasons for Switching to Tithe.ly

At the time, Tithely offered an option for donors to select covering or not covering transaction fees.
Rachel

Overall very happy

Reviewed on 2023/01/19

We use Tithe.ly plus Elvanto. It's much more affordable and also MUCH more user friendly. All of my staff were able to learn it quickly and are actually utilizing the software on a regular basis. We use the reporting, emailing, and people data functions the most. We use it to organize our weekly volunteers. We also use it as a donor database to track donor giving. We have used it for 1.5 years and have so many more features we plan to put to use in 2023.

Pros

We use Elvanto a LOT, which is owned and integrated by Tithe.ly, much more than we actually use the Tithe.ly software. As Tithe.ly continues to build out it features, we use more and more of it. However, we are extremely happy with Elvanto and the integration between it and Tithe.ly.

Cons

No software can meet 100% of your needs because everyone's needs are so unique. However, Tithe.ly meets more of our needs and also has fabulous customer service that helps whenever needed. We don't plan to switch anytime in the near or distant future.

SimpleChurch CRM Giving, Pushpay, easyTithe and Breeze ChMS

Reasons for Choosing Tithe.ly

Fellowship One was so expensive and extremely complicated. Our staff did not use it except as an address book because it was just far too complicated to use. We spent more time trying to learn how to access and utilize one function of the software than actually using the software. The reporting feature was the absolute WORST. I ended up calling F1 customer support every time I needed to pull a report and just had them walk me through all the filter to pull the right information. It was like trying to decorde a secret message and I wasted hours and hours trying to get Fellowship One to produce the data I needed. Tithe.ly is much more affordable and much more user friendly. I gave my staff two quick trainings on features they would need and they were able to use it from there. Every once in a while they come to me with questions about how to do something and I only have to show them once or send them one of Tithe.ly's many help articles and they are good to go. It's much more intuitive to use.

Reasons for Switching to Tithe.ly

Price, customer service, ease of use

Response from Tithe.ly

Thank you so much Rachel! We love hearing this! And often see that church staff feel supported when using digital tools that help their roles become more efficient. Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

James

Giving Patform & More

Reviewed on 2022/12/08

It has been a good relationship with Tithely. I think as they grow there needs to more communication with our contact at Tithely dedicated to our area. We do like the quarterly Tithely Next live streaming to inform clients of updates, new features, improvements.

Pros

The ease of giving attracted us the most with all the different ways to give, online, text to give through Tithely or driving traffic to our website. Using Tithley for our website has been a great combination to the giving platform as mentioned and all the information we can offer our members and others who are searching for a church. We have yet to really tap into some of the other features Tithely offer like messaging, events etc.

Cons

The app has not been the best experience so far. There as a plug and play goes, there still needs to be a request to Tithely support to change certain items ie logos, header changes etc. We do like the push message section of the app that we use on a daily/weekly basis to members who have downloaded the app. We also like the sermon notes section that we use weekly to give members a place to make notes during the service. It does need to be manually imputed but other than tha it's a great feature.

Steven

Tons of help

Reviewed on 2023/01/19

Customer service has been fantastic.As a small church with no IT and very little budget, and as a tech hobbyist, I've been able to centrally locate and backup administrative information that has otherwise existed in various places and formats and streamline access to that information. We run on volunteers, so this has made it much easier for me to put information in the hands of our volunteer leaders who need it.

Pros

There are many different modules that Tithe.ly offers, from membership database to service reporting to worship scheduling and preparation to membership communication to mobile apps and websites to social media, and, oh, did i mention financial giving tracking and reporting? It does them all well. Tithe.ly is available modular or as a big, single product. I appreciated how easy it was to import data from various sources.

Cons

There's so much you can do it's almost overwhelming. That's a blessing and sometimes a curse. It all scales so well for churches of different sizes, but that also means I spent too much time using features that a small church of our size just didn't need or couldn't take advantage of. That's not on Tithe.ly, that's on me.

Response from Tithe.ly

Thank you Pastor Steven! We love hearing this! We're so happy you are enjoying the features of the Tithe.ly tools!!

Martha

Secretary

Reviewed on 2023/02/07

First time it was good. Now I can’t access it.

First time it was good. Now I can’t access it.

Pros

From the initial set up I liked several features, giving, financial reports and text/email communication are among the top. I stepped down from being treasurer a few years ago. July 1, 2022 I became secretary and we cannot get me set up with admin access. Minister tried contacting you. Left messages (no one answers the phone). No response. Asked for another On-Boarding and we would be willing to pay for it. Still NO RESPONSE.

Cons

I stepped down from being treasurer a few years ago. July 1, 2022 I became secretary and we can’t get me set up with admin access. The minister tried contacting you. Left messages ( no one answers the phone). Asked for another On-Boarding that we would be willing to pay for. NO RESPONSE!

Janeen
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

You have to try it to believe it!

Reviewed on 2023/01/18

I can't imagine the hours we have saved by using this product. Customer service is easy to reach and quick to respond with answers. And the fact that they're still innovating, adding, and developing means Tithely should stay relevant for years to come.

Pros

Tithely gave us the ability to get rid of multiple systems in favor of one! Imagine having a place where giving, messaging, church management, website, mobile app, email, and more all integrate together! Add someone to the database, enroll them in a group, and set up an email subscription all in one spot! Plus having the all-access fee is saving us lots of money.

Cons

Integration was easy to set up, but it isn't always easy to educate our users on the things they need to know. I'd love to see easy tutorials for the end user.

Corey

A great start

Reviewed on 2023/01/19

Pros

The member directory on the Elvanto side has a lot of options and works well. I think the volunteer management feature is a good inclusion. The online giving component is simple to set up and use.

Cons

There are a lot of features that are great inclusions but could be better. The Tithely Pay POS system is good but too simplistic; transactions aren't categorized on the back end, which makes it difficult for the accounting team. The volunteer management system feels overly complicated and difficult to manage. The language around the notifications and how they work is difficult for the staff to understand and has made it almost unusable for our church. The messaging feature has a lot of potential but seems to be missing some critical pieces, especially around the email blast features (couldn't embed a video link?) The sync between Elvanto and Tithely has been a gigantic headache.

Ed
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Tithe.ly has been great!!

Reviewed on 2022/12/07

Awesome!! Very positive!! They provide great training webinars to service the church with timely needs.

Pros

We love the features that are interchangeable for our website, the ease of online giving and finding the information about those who have given money. The app is fantastic. I love that when we put in the events on the website it automatically transfers over to the app. Customer service is awesome! They walked us through putting our in the App store for Apple devices and it was very complicated but they were patient in working with us. Thanks to the team at Tithe.ly. I recommend them to other Pastors I know.

Cons

Nothing!! It works very well and is user friendly

Penny

Using Tithe.ly

Reviewed on 2023/01/24

Good except customer support. They call you back so there is a delay for your immediate question.

Pros

The recurring donations and also the options to give one time to a particular fund.

Cons

Donors should have an account and just adjust it as necessary. They should not have to delete and reenter to make changes

Robert

Honest Opinion

Reviewed on 2023/01/31

Simple program with average reporting. If looking for a simple management system, this is a good one.

Pros

Dashboard gives me a quick lookNotes allow me to follow what we talked about with memberTrack Giving makes year end giving reports simple

Cons

Limited Function In ReportingSlowLimited

Brad

Tithe.y Software and Products

Reviewed on 2023/01/20

Overall the software produced by Tithely is good although it does lack some fine tuning. However it is good value for money software which is affordable for even small churches.

Pros

Tithe.ly online payment software is is easy to use and integrate into websites and online platforms. We also use Elvanto as a our CHMS. This product is good and generally user friendly. It is also good value for money compared to other CHMS software on the market.

Cons

A main feature lacking in Elvanto is a user friendly Check In System. This is something that has been problematic for our church mostly when checking in children for kids ministry.

Response from Tithe.ly

So glad you were able to integrate with other tools. . I hope you are enjoying all the great features of a platform built for churches!