RunMags Reviews

RunMags

Digitize your magazine publishing business with RunMags

4/5 (6 reviews)
Janice M.

My team has had a very positive experience working with the runmags team.

Reviewed on 2017/10/06

Pros

The comprehensive functionality potential and ability to interface with relevant apps. The software offers several features to not only to publish a magazine but to also run your business-just as the name indicates! The CRM allows each member of your team to automate their tasks and then collaborate with each other to increase efficiencies. The system sets and monitors goals and targets and provides status reports with automatic updates. One great feature is the billing and fulfillment. This feature is fully customizable and offers automatic workflow, so once you set it up, your work is essentially done with invoicing. Overall, this is a great software tool to help run a successful magazine business.

Cons

Not all of the potential features are fully functional at this point, and when there is an issue, reaching tech support can be delayed, which creates downtime and frustration for users. Also getting some of the features fully functional has taken more time than expected. However, overall we have been very satisfied with the program.

Response from RunMags

Thanks for the feedback Janice!

Christian S.

For us it is one of the best "CRM" software for publishing but it´s much more than this.

Reviewed on 2017/12/20

Pros

We really like the automatic process from creating an proposal till sending reminders for missing ads. This helps us to optimize the whole sales and production process.

Cons

Mobile usage is not really good. The Flatplan could be more flexible and the look & feel could be a bit more modern.

Response from RunMags

Thanks for your feedback Chris. We¿ll touch base on your thoughts on mobile. Have been thinking about making a simplified mobile responsive interface in 2018.
Robert

Adrian B.

Very compelling proposition

Reviewed on 2017/10/09

Pros

Some great features such as flat planning which means the WHOLE team has a real-time view and the ability to send contracts out from the system is very streamlined.

Cons

It can take a while to pull detailed filtered reports

Response from RunMags

Thanks for the feedback Adrian!

Cara W.

customer service excellence

Reviewed on 2017/09/29

I love how easily I can visualize my magazine before production using RunMags software.

Pros

They continue to help it work for us and it does help streamline our otherwise rudimentary editorial system. The program really does create ease in production mode, and in the case of strange errors with the software, the team is fast to help.

Cons

There are some little flaws, but the team always addresses them directly. There have also been some updates so I'm finding the page to look a bit different when I log on.

Response from RunMags

Thank you for your feedback Cara! Yeah, we're developing RunMags with such speed that we've been struggling to keep up some of the little flaws you mention. We're seeing the light in the end of the tunnel :-)

Katrina B.

Runmags is a great solution for CRM needs.

Reviewed on 2015/11/24

As a small magazine company, Runmags has taken me from pen and paper and Excel spreadsheets to a more automated system. Allowing me to quickly see where I am within all areas of my business.
Within a few months I have been able to scale up by offering more publications. I love that I am able to create flat plans for layouts, which makes production faster. I can automatically create and email contracts and invoices, send out reminders for artwork.
I can also see who my sales reps will be meeting and when as well as the outcomes and they no longer need to ask me about contracts, invoices or if an ad is in as they can find out for themselves within Runmags.
Runmags has been a game changer for my business. There is a slight learning curve as with everything, but I was given a complete walk through. If there are any hiccups the team is on it right away as if they are part of my team.
Thanks Runmags

Response from RunMags

Thanks Katrina! We're looking forward to seeing you grow your business!

Ricki B.

Finally a Publisher Specific CRM Program (and more)

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2016/10/04

My company has been in the publishing business for almost 20 years. We are a small company with a team of 5 people. We have tried many CRM programs before that work ok for sales, but have found nothing that is Publishing specific.

We were introduced to the RunMags program in July of this year and have been extremely happy with the features we are using so far. Their customer service is amazing. We have worked directly with their owners who have gone out of their way to make sure we understand each feature before training us on the next. Many of the other programs we have tried, we have been told to "go watch videos". At least with RunMags, we get to speak to a real person to assist with training.

We have a lot more to learn, but I'm confident that as we learn more, the managing of our database needs will be met with the all tools provided by the RunMags program. From managing our subscriptions, to providing us with the actual tools to produce the book, to designing contracts, we are very happy so far :)... Thank you Robert :) Our team looks forward to a long term relationship with you.

Pros

Still learning all of the features, but so far the subscription part which I'm using the most has been very easy to manage.

Response from RunMags

Thanks Ricki! I appreciate your feedback. Let me know when you want to take the next step to use RunMags to its fullest potential.
Robert