Visme Reviews

Visme

The all-in-one online presentation, infographic tool

4.5/5 (403 reviews)
Casey D.

Perfect for any graphic design experience level - even complete beginners!

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/10/14

I am a volunteer for a non-profit animal rescue organization. We had a very successful past year and had been looking for a way to visually show all of the data from it, but didn't quite know how. Before working with Visme, we had no idea how beneficial it would be to have this data visually represented in a beautiful infographic. The results were eye-catching, easy to read/interpret and perfect to share on both social media and in print. We were able to take a closer look at our metrics and determine specific data we should be keeping track of- and we will be able to use these findings as a benchmark for years to come. Thank you Visme, for providing a tool to not only create an aesthetically pleasing infographic, but a tool that opened our eyes to our own various analytics that we can monitor and share with our supporters.

Pros

Visme is very easy to use, even for someone with no graphic design/technical experience. I created a stunning infographic to display all of my organization's "year in review statistics" without any frustration or confusion. I was able to create a proof of the design and export it to a JPEG file for review. When layout/aesthetic decisions were finalized, I purchased a membership to have access to down a PDF version of the design.
I ended up sending the same PDF file to a local print shop where it was printed on a 24x36 foam board - which still appeared in the highest quality that was displayed in my browser. You can't have a high quality print without a high quality file to print from.
The first of many great experiences!

Cons

Although it was nice to be able to size the canvas based on a ratio of pixels, it would have been nice to have an additional or alternative a way to size the canvas based on inches/centimeters for easy printing. If there is in fact already a way to do this, I would recommend having the options associated with the 'canvas size' feature.

David H.

Does Visme has me in mind?

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

Overall my experience with Visme is very positive, interactions with customers and the presentations is really positive. I just think from a presentation developer side, the two cons of Visme need to be addressed so Visme can stand out from every other data presentation and visualisation tool within the market.

Pros

The software itself has been built with the user in mind.
Pros:
1. A vast base of free stock images which can be used for business.
2. A range of various templates and stock graphics.
3. Very simple interaction interface.
4.Being able to create and use your company's branding styles.
5. Presentation downloading is simple and easy.

Cons

I have only two problems with the software and it has not stopped me from using it but it causes me a lot of frustration and time wasting, which is never what somebody wants.

1. You are only able to show videos from a YouTube link. Why this is frustrating is if myself and others use sensitive information which can only be given to selective individuals, even if we unlist, unpublish videos on YouTube when it is visible within the presentation the YouTube link is visible and clickable. Visme restricts the amount of storage an account can have so ideally if the user was to fill this account with MP4 which they want to use, to keep using the software they would need to upgrade which is what they are most likely to do. Which in turn gets more revenue for Visme.

2. I think one of the most common and new interactive forms of giving information is Gifs, i think Visme need to create something within the system that allows the user to either create a very simple Gif and have stock Gifs available.

Mercédesz D.

More than just presentations

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

We've started using Visme purely for presentation purposes but quickly realized that the potential it has can be leveraged across multiple business problems. Now we create one-pagers, brochures and other marketing material with it.

Pros

Visme comes with a bunch of ready-to-use templates, smart icons and the like. It takes considerably less time to create a visualization when compared to any other tools. The other perk is the "My Brand" feature, which allows the whole team to use the same corporate identity package.

Cons

I'd say the only difficulty I've encountered in the beginning was with the placement of the objects. What really helps is the functionality to place your items based on their relative pixel location however I'm yet to find a quick way to put my items to the perfect spot.

Rodney H.

Big Big fan of Visme!

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

Pros

It's user-friendly and the quality of the images and everything looks fantastic! We've used it for all kinds of projects from presentations, printable training packets, logo design, infographics, and several others as well. The CX experience has been the best part! The team at Visme is on top of their customer service and always​ very helpful. I also would​ say the price point​ is more than fair considering everything that can be accomplished​ through Visme.

Cons

The learning curve has been tough for me. I have zero experience with anything graphic design related so that is to be expected. With is being web-based I feel like sometimes I experience latency when moving from project to project. However, ​more than likely​ is an internet connection speed on our end.

Daniel N.

The best substitution for boring pptx

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

I used to have boring pptx presentations. With normal transitions, normal predetermined colors and images. I think that with visme i was able to transform them into a more serious yet fun way to give classes. But it doesnt end there. I was able to create programs, presentations, banners all fully digitalized, downloadable easy to look at that have gotten the attetion of everybody, always asking "where did you do that". Absolutely recomended for any one, no only teacher, universsity, but students that would like to elevate their presentation game

Pros

Its really easy to use. I like how its able to categorize different applications including written, printable and even social networking. I ve used it to creat linked in banners, universitiy presentations, written reports and beyond. The main page is easy to use, the value of the product is completely worth it, and my students have noticed how presentable and neat my presentations are (even asking how to get the program) fully recomended

Cons

The free version has really little space to make your work flow seemlesly. This said, paying for the academic version is really cheap and totally worth the money.

Susan G.

I LOVE VISME!!! I can use one program for so many things!

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

I save so much time using Visme. It makes graphic design easy, and makes me look so good.
It's SO SIMPLE!!

Pros

I love how EASY it is to do almost anything! I use it almost everyday for website graphics, emails, print. I used to jump around from program to program but now I do a majority of my design work in Visme.
You don't need to know any other graphic programs to use Visme, it's for everyone. I love showing people in the office how they can look like a design professional in a matter of minutes.
If you have any experience with Paint, Photoshop, Illustrator, you won't even have to read instructions, it's so intuitive.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like, except I wish we could store more projects. 15 isn't enough.
I would also like to download my own fonts in the standard package, I think that's important for all levels. You can't do branding without consistent fonts. Maybe allowing up to 5 fonts for the standard package? That's all I really need.

Allen H.

Very user friendly

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Used this for a few presentations and creating a one-pager. Generally pretty easy to use and people are amazed by the quality/graphics of some of the templates.

Pros

Probably the easiest SAS presentation software I've used. The user interface is intuitive and allows you to click+drag to create pretty professional looking graphics and presentations. Very convenient to use especially how it allows you to save and access your presentations from anywhere. It also allows you to access thousands of images to use for your presentation.

Cons

This is probably an issue with all other SAS which requires a constant internet connection to use. Slightly annoying making small/minor changes quickly since you gotta find internet -->log in -> make change-> save-> re-export as your powerpoint presentation, etc... Specifically, the visme presentations can't be modified in a MS powerpoint presentation and cant be modified offline. It exports as a graphic/single image in powerpoint so it forces you to only use visme to modify your presentation. Requires online connection and sometimes it lags when you're working on your browser if you have a slow connection. Charges you in USD so it sucks for you Canadians out there.

Kerrie N.

First time with Visme

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

We have really been able to update our marketing materials from what he had previously. I love the choices of different choices and ideas for materials that Visme has created. I would love to see more options added and when new options are added, that users get notifications either within the software and/or by email notification. I would love to see the option for more graphics that maybe are not so juvenile in nature so they have a more professional feel to them.

Pros

I like the ease of use of the software and all of the options that Visme already has in place to give me ideas of what I can do with the software. I like that using the software is not overly complicated and allows me the flexibility to make my projects my own.

Cons

I don't like that when you try and put projects in folders, they still show in the main dashboard. I wish we had the option to place in a folder and also keep it in the dashboard or remove it. I wish that we would have the ability to download/upload in more formatting options than what is available currently. Sometimes I do need to reduce the picture size prior to uploading in the software which is kind of a time waster, but not a big deal.

Jason S.

Visme review

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

Visme is great for creating almost any type of graphic product one can imgaine, everything from creating printable restaurent menus to social media covers, to ebooks and white papers, its all inclusive.
This product hs enabled me to create infographics and other graphic media examples in very little time. This has also allowed me to greatly increase my productivity on my blog, my YouTube channel and with communicating effectively with my clientele on social media.

Pros

First of all, the above average contact from the CEO, the Customer Experience manage and two other members of staff. Email exchange and one conference call makes for an exceptional customer experience.

The software itself is easy to use, laid out well and very intuitive. The help system including their blog, videos and associated YouTube channel easy to access as well.

Pricing is surprising lower than industry expections (my opinion) and an associated access to being an Affiliate member is cream on the cake

Cons

My only least liked feature is the main button system and fonts for using the platform differs between the home page and the sub pages (as in selecting a project to create)
Otherwise difficult to suggest any other issues.

Thomas M.

Overall, very satisfied!

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Overall, I'm very glad I found this site! It's been a huge help in making an impression!
I'm also glad I was convinced to take the demo with my visme agent. However, I will say: She was very nice and all, but I don't like being followed up with that much. I think she must have messaged me (unprovoked) 8-10 times over like 3 weeks to encourage upgrades, etc. (2 for the demo, and one follow up is plenty). Believe me, visme is great enough to help me consider and requiring her to do these numerous pushy emails is totally unnecessary and hurts the cause more than helps.

Also, you all should have a suggestions box because I have a suggestion/request that has nothing to do with satisfaction.

Have you all at visme considered doing an email marketing service? We are currently using something called Icontact (heavily), and tried mailchimp and hated it, and I feel like with visme's interface, email marketing would be amazing! You guys are practically halfway there with your marketing tools and data analytics! Just a thought.

Pros

I love that I can easily use visme to make marketing materials of all sorts that look very professional and visually stunning. I like being about to customize everything down to the shapes/colors of icons. I also Like that you can implement data with awesome info graphics! I could go on and on.

Cons

To be honest, the interface can be a little difficult sometimes. Visme has the BEST version of this, no doubt, but it's not perfect. I feel like there are small things that could use work. For example, the size scaling of things tends to be pretty inconsistent. For some images you and make it whatever size or wxh dimensions, and some you cannot.(sometimes the things I want to stay the same dimensions, like icons or tiny circles, get skewed easily). For the data implementation I feel like the input is weird sometimes. I'm used to working with word, and visme switched column and row displays. That's all I can think of for now.

Abeni W.

Pretty Good Service

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

I will continue to use Visme but would really like the processing to change. It can be very frustrating to change fonts or anything when you have more than 10 slides.

Pros

Love the quality of the resources and the slides. Also, images are good and the data visualisation is good enough​. Happy with the embedding tools. The user​ interface is easy to understand for a novice.

Cons

When you have large files(more than 10 slides), it takes too long to update each change you make in the slide. Changing fonts is also really time-consuming​.

Andrew S.

Great Software for building infographics

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

I used Visme to build my online portfolio of infographics to assist me during the interview process while i searched for a new role

Visme was great and helped me land a new Director of Communications role at a company that needs more visual communications. I will be recommending that my new employees get up to speed and use visme.

Pros

I found the software intuitive and feature rich. I was able to easily import individual elements I had created in illustrator and have them appear and get arranged exactly as I had imagined.

The templates provided are strong as well and I could easily apply my own branding.

I also found it very easy to make them interactive.

Cons

I think that the presentation builder (ie slide shows) could allow more flexibility. right now, you need to create individual duplicated slides with an element or 2 added or removed to simulate a slide

Mohamed K.

My experience with Visme

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

I was trying to represent my fieldwork questionnaire data analysis using something more creative than excel. I also wanted to easily add small icons and play around with the overall structure in a way similar to PowerPoint but not for the sake of a slide. If you are going to use Visme for more than 2/3 days and need decent graphs out of it, I highly recommend you buy the monthly subscription which you can cancel after as the perks were really good !

Pros

The ease of creating multivariate data representations and being able to make boring data look appealing

Cons

I didn’t face any major issues with the software. The only thing I have to say is that Visme still has a lot of potential

Carolyn S.

Love Visme

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Again, I'm not a graphic designer, but it makes me look like one. I've been able to create graphics, presentations and social media posts that look professional and are clear and easy to understand.

Pros

It is so user-friendly! I'm not a graphic designer but it makes me look like I am!

Cons

I found creating tables and charts to be very cumbersome but talked with a Visme team member and they were able to walk me through linking Google docs.

Adam G.

Visme- Your Permanent Solution to boring PowerPoint slides

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Overall, it's excellent and easy to use. Some clunkyness that I specified above makes creating a slideshow take a bit of time compared to using software like PowerPoint, but you can't argue with the results. The slides are infinitely better than anything you can do with PowerPoint.

Pros

The crispness and simplicity of the final slides.

Cons

A few tweaks would make this software better. Being able to paste images onto slides would be great. Also, when you want to change text, you can't just highlight all the text and start typing or backspace it and start typing because it will change the font and format. So, I have to highlight all of the text except one letter, and then backspace the last letter once, and then I can type and keep the same formatting. It's pretty aggravating and slows things down. I also don't really like how the default import image drops into the background, so I end up dragging another photo onto the canvas, which I then replace with the image that I want to use. Finally, if I create an infographic within Visme, I don't think there is a way for me to import it into my presentation, which would be really useful.

Jay B.

Great for most projects

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

Pros

The presentations I made looked great and it was easy to use.

Cons

I had originally chosen Visme for the Google Sheets compatibility, but it turns out it's not as good at accessing that information as you'd hope it would be. You can only have one chart per spreadsheet, so if you have multiple sheets you'd like to import into your Visme project, you would have to create a separate spreadsheet for each one.

Stephanie B.

love, Love, LOVE me some Visme!

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Pros

The ease of creating great looking interactive infographics just blew me away. I was always intimidated by creating infographics, but was able to whip up an html5 version lickety split, first try.

Their library is expansive. A vast amount of great templates which they seem to update pretty frequently. When you create a new project you can choose between:
Presentations - Choose between Classic (400 + slide templates) or Modern (400+ slide templates)
Infographics - Where you can search hundreds of templates by keywords to find the perfect, completely customizable template
Reports & Ebooks - Includes Surveys and Charts subcategories
Printables - Choose Posters, Flyers (8.5"x11" and 5"x7"), Menus, Invitations, Postcards, Business Cards
Web Graphics - Sizes range from standard, wide, tall, medium rectangles, leaderboards, and email headers
Social Graphics - For all the main social media platforms organized by headers, posts, regular graphics, channel art, and covers
Custom Size - Where you create your own graphic based on width and height of your choice

Cons

I don't think they have a version available for tablets and smartphones yet. I would LOVE to be able to use this on my tablet to create graphics on the fly!

Sometimes the template choices can be overwhelming. But, I can safely say that I'd rather have too many choices than not enough!

Christa S.

Changed how we conduct presentations

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Pros

Visme is incredibly easy to use! It has changed the way we conduct presentations, in a more efficient, more professional and more visually interesting way to our clients. No longer are clients leaving with boring printed presentations, instead they are interactive, and can be emailed to the client after for their keep sake

Cons

at first, because there are soo many incredible features I was a touch overwhelmed with what the program can do. But once you go through your first presentation you realize how straightforward and "drag and drop it is". We love that it has the ability to be 100 % customized to each client

Tyler L.

Visme's software makes creating graphics, images, and infographics very easy.

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Pros

The ability to pull from a large number of icons and images; the ability to work from pre-made templates and "make them my own"; the auto-save functionality; the ability to create my own color palettes; the ability to download as a PDF or image and to have the option of directly embedding into a page; if I do have an image/graphic embedded on a page, I love having the ability to edit on Visme's site and have the changes immediately be reflected on my website without having to download anything new or update any other code

Cons

It sometimes signs me out while I'm in the middle of a project; I wish there were more pre-made templates it would be cool to have some new ones continually added; oftentimes the "settings" menu doesn't disappear after I click it, and I have to refresh the whole page just to get it to go away; I really don't like that I can't right-click a project to open it in a new tab ... if I have multiple projects in a folder that I need to work on simultaneously, I have to open up my own new tabs (for each project), go into the folder, and open it that way the experience would be much improved if right-clicking opened up the project in a new tab.

Great visual storytelling tool

Reviewed on 2018/10/04

Great experience, completely changed how we report things internally (no more cumbersome PowerPoints or visually unappealing excel graphs).

Pros

Affordable, and premium offers a lot more features, options, and templates. Tons of templates and forms of graphic assets to choose from. Video at the beginning of each new project is easily searchable to learn how to use a new feature, but the tool itself is intuitive. Premium also allows for brand pallets with new default colors and fonts for a unified theme. Great alternative to illustrator for far less money and for users will little design experience. Love the feature to upload excel doc and output is a visually appealing graph or chart that’s customizable.

Cons

Doesn’t allow you to copy and paste things into visme from another tool or document. Would be nice if some of the tools on the toolbar were labeled, it’s odd to locate the duplicate and delete button because it’s not in a easily accessible place. Wish the PowerPoint presentation templates came in a size other than widescreen.

Response from Visme

Thank you for the review and your comments. We will certainly take your recommendations on improvements into consideration.

Matt T.

Infographics made easy!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/09/05

It's a great product and well worth the time and money if you want some unique and functional ways to present content to a wide audience.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is the variety of high quality infographic templates. Infographics are tough to make in general (with gathering content) so the design sometimes gets left aside. Visme gives plenty of opportunities and designs to present your content in unique ways.

Cons

The design software is a bit clunky on the zooming in/out and the use of layers, fine-tuning, and other options. Also, I have all of my projects visible on the main page and it can be hard to find what I'm looking for. I'd like the option to hide all of my designs in a folder once I've finished with them.

Response from Visme

Thank you for your comments Matt. We appreciate your constructive feedback and this helps us to improve the Visme experience.
It would be wonderful if you could provide more details such as a short screenshot and steps to duplicate your zooming issue so we can have our dev team investigate this further for you.

Dalia G.

Visme Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Pros

Templates are great and very good icons and colour options.

Cons

The software can glitch sometimes. Sometimes when you try to paste an item it will not paste directly to where you want it. When I view my projects it shows double the amount for some reason as well. There could also be more shapes.

6.0/10
Phill S.

Great tool for design project on the fly! Fills a gap in the space

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Has allowed us to make design pivots and last-minute design projects without always needing to go through our regular design process or wait for available resources.

Pros

I love how quickly you can spin up same-day needs in Visme. Whether it's editing an image for a blog, or making some updated to datasheets, the beauty is you don't have to be a designer to accomplish many of these things.

Cons

There's a few bugs that can get annoying such as issues with copy / paste, or when zooming in or out of assets, sometimes you get thrown into a blank part of the canvas. Visme team is usually quick to respond and fix. In terms of design capabilities, would love to see more things like adding shadowing to shapes, and support for multiple layers.

The templates save me a ton of time, and pre-built widgets help me customize the slides

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

Pros

The templates and pre-built widgets and icons help me create very high quality presentations. The audience is very impressed when I present. It is easy to navigate through the application with the dashboard and projects aligned very nicely. The text and graphics objects specifically are great which takes manual work out of the way. The analytics help me track who viewed my presentations, and by using my own logos and colors, I can customize my slides to exactly the way I want them to look.

Cons

The animation could be improved. There is no way to animate based on a mouse click, you can only start it at certain time. Switching between projects is a little cumbersome.

Natalia R.

I love Visme

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

Pros

I use Visme from the beginning. I have seen how the tool has grown. Currently it is the best tool to make presentations. It is easy to use, has many templates and allows you to export the content in many formats.

Cons

Maybe you need a few days to learn where the buttons are and that to have all the functionality you need to have a paid version (which is worth it).