ACE Dental

4,7 (106)
Dental practice software with appointment support features

Bea

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

I would definitely please this up against Eagle soft, Open dental, Soft dent. The software has kept up with the times . I have Ace, 15 years and still have not opened the manual to read it...it's just that easy and the support team is awesome

Pros

It to use.

Cons

Charting ..The teeth cannot be rotated.

Response from ACE Dental Software

Thank you for your feedback Bea! There is already a feature in the charting screen that allows you to shift and rotate the tooth in any direction. This existing feature allows you to match up the tooth's position relative to the actual anatomy. Please give us a call, we will be happy to show you where it is and how to utilize it.

Lydia

with the excellent help from your technical team I found your soft ware is easy to navigate.

Reviewed on 2017/08/18

Pros

Your software is easy to use, the Insurance windows are very user friendly. I also like your technical people,they helped a lot when I first started here

Cons

The type, (fonts), even the largest one are still too small to read easily. I find the software to have glitches, where you have to go in and out of the schedule to get it to print out correctly and the new feature where you put appointments on hold it will say chair conflict when there is not one, so you have to go out of the appointment area and come back in to get it to place the appointment. Ends up taking more time to do these tasks then it should.

Response from ACE Dental Software

Lydia-

Thank you for the positive feedback!

We would like to have a trainer help you out with the items in the software you have mentioned. Let's see if there are some adjustments we can make to your computer monitor to be sure the settings give you the larger font you would like to see. I have already asked my support department to reach out to you, in fact, you should have already heard from them. Since this is an unknown issue and never mentioned by you to date, we will look to resolve this immediately. We would like to be sure our software is always running optimally.

Thank you again for your positive feedback and being a long time customer of ACE-Dental.

Debbie

OUTSTANDING SERVICE

Reviewed on 2017/10/31

I truly like the ease of this program and that Ace constantly improves the features.
Again, the support team is what makes this company special.
I know when I call someone will call me back in a timely fashion to help.

Pros

It is very comforting to know that I. will be helped
The support staff is second to none. We have had our computer crash 3 times
in the last week.
The support staff had us up and running in no time at all. They answer calls in a timely fashion and are always polite, comforting and most of all knowledgeable, I can not thank them enough!! Great job!!

John

Ace Dental Software Great Value and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

I have worked with Eagle soft and Dentrix software programs and I find that Ace dental meets or exceeds these companies products. You do not need trainers to come out to your office, for which most companies charge. Ace is windows based and easy to pick up with a computer tutorial. New employees can train off the computer. X-rays programs integrate easily. I am very happy with the software. I have been using Ace since 2007.

Pros

Easy to use and training is easy

Cons

Not everything eagle and dentrix do is in this software, buy Ace does help add these items if asked.

Sherman
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great experience. Rarely have problems. If so, support is readily available and solves the...

Reviewed on 2017/10/31

The recall system is amazing. I have been in practice for 35 years. I use to send out Recall Reminder Cards with poor results. With ACE reminder system, my front desk sometimes has to call ACE to stop sending reminders as we have no vacancies available in our appointment book. There appointment book reminders has virtually eliminated No Shows.

Pros

Ease of use yet more features than I would ever use are available. The IT support is great. They listen to suggestions.

Cons

Maybe they can update the appearance of the program a little.

jessica

we just replaced our computers in our office, and it was so easy and great service to...

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

easy to train new employees, easy to use and understand, all the different types of charts and all you can put into it.

Pros

the program is so easy to use. if you can't find or understand something, there are tutorials to help. also if you need support they are the most friendly support i have ever had to deal with, and we always get the problem solved.

Cons

can't think of anything, our office loves the program. .............................................

Response from ACE Dental Software

Jessica-
Thank you so much for your review of our software! We appreciate having the practice as long time customers, let us know if you ever need anything. We appreciate the feedback.

The ACE-Dental Team

Sumeet

Ace Dental

Reviewed on 2022/04/13

Affordable and user-friendly, but compared to other practice management softwares, this is not my favorite.

Pros

User-friendly and has a clean-modern interface. The staff/team has had no issues picking up/learning the software.

Cons

Sometimes the software itself is slow in running. Updates on other computers are slow due to the lag. And in healthcare, real-time information is extremely critical.

Curve Dental

Reasons for Switching to ACE Dental

Cost.
Susan

Ace Dental Software is just about the best business investment we have ever made!

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

Number One is the customer service, especially Jackie, who is truly a gem! She is so helpful, never makes me feel like I am taking too much of her time and her warm personality shines through the telephone line! I have worked with 2 other major dental software companies in other doctors' offices, and Ace does everything that they did, only at a MUCH LOWER price. I highly recommend them. Our dental practice is family owned and family operated. My husband (Dr. Robert Hammond) is the dentist and I am in charge of the front desk and insurance, etc. We are very happy that we found Ace Dental Software when we opened our new office.

Pros

Very user friendly, logic to all tasks.

Cons

Can't think of anything....

Pam
  • Industry: Accounting

I love it!

Reviewed on 2017/08/23

this software has everything we need to run our dental office smoothly, have no complaints except
when it is not running smoothly (which was only on yesterday) 8/22/2017

Pros

easy to get around in, user friendly, has many more capability's to help our office but right now we
do not use them

Cons

can't think of anything, never really had any issues, appointment book is not easy to get around with

Joy

Love ACE Dental!

Reviewed on 2016/12/15

I have been an ACE Dental Software user for 20 years and have been extremely happy. I use the email and text reminder service and patients love that and are missed appointments have dropped significantly. You won't be disappointed in ACE Dental- customer service is top notch.

Tutorials online
Customer Service excellent
Email/Text Reminders AWESOME

Cons

Which it worked with APPLE COMPUTERS!!

jamie

work and progress

Reviewed on 2017/10/19

Pros

sometime it can be very easy to use with some functions. I can navigate the reports and day sheets well. I am able to look for a family rather quickly and transactions fast.

Cons

recall system needs more help!!!!! The accounts are incorrect sometimes. there should be a better way to put in notes for the office to see pop up every day

Vicki
  • Used for 2+ years

Love the support team of Jackie and doneca ! Always accommodating ! Super responsive !

Reviewed on 2017/12/08

The support staff are amazing !! Always friendly and thorough! Makes a frustrating experience more tolerable! Thanks, girls !!

Pros

I like azure and the fact that the price is right - so now I'm writing just to meet ur character requirement.

Cons

Too many glitches. Not forgiving if u schedule too many units for the appointment space. It just deletes the appointment u r trying to make. Also u can't delete duplicate rxs unless it's the same day. Not real user friendly -

Response from ACE Dental Software

Thank you for your positive note on support. I was not aware you were having an appointment issue since no other office is experiencing this. It is possible that this is a training issue. Please call our technical support department so we can setup some training time and thoroughly go over everything with you and your staff.

Thank you.

Galina

Denika is exremely helpful and alway goes extra mile. Knows the product insideout.

Reviewed on 2017/09/28

Pros

I have used the ACE program for about 9mo it is very user friendly. What I like most about the software is Ereminders and scheduling.

Cons

I think some major reports are missing . For instance, Outstanding amount by insurance companies and some other reports.

Response from ACE Dental Software

Hi Galina!

Thank you! Denika is an outstanding support rep! All of our reps ensure a great customer experience and go the extra mile to be sure you are ok.

I do want to add, the report you mention is in the software already. It is conveniently located in the Insurance tab and can be run very easily! I will as a trainer to reach out to you and walk you through the process.

-Your ACE-Dental Team

Konstantine

Intuitive Practice Managment Software

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

Pros

Easy to use. Was also easy to learn how to use. Almost totally intuitive. Customer support is top notch. Unbeatable.

Cons

There may be some reports that may not be readily available. Not as well known as some of the bigger dental softwares.

Michael

Dropped Eaglesoft for ACE with no regrets!

Reviewed on 2015/09/25

In 2012, our practice changed to ACE from Eaglesoft. Why? In my experience with Eaglesoft, Eaglesoft promised much, delivered little. Customer Service = awful. The standard response: Your issue must be from a power surge or internal electrical issues. Turn your server on and off and see if that works. ARGH!!!!!!!!!! The updates, which we paid for monthly, rarely came. Cumbersome software, too many clicks, had to get out of a section to view another section.

ACE.... user friendly!!!!!!! Many bells and whistles important to a dental practice as the software programmer designed it for his dentist spouse. Any category you need with the patient in your chair is available on the same page.

AFFORDABLE!!!!
TREMENDOUS TECH SUPPORT!!!!
APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION via text message, cell phone or land line contact.
RECALL REMINDERS via text message/email.

ACE welcomed our needs, wants, suggestions to improve the software and updated in a timely manner [versus Eaglesoft send a suggestion and maybe in your lifetime you might see it].

Digital Radiography? ACE has multiple 'bridges' to work with your system. They aren't trying to up sell you.

With any software conversion, hiccups and frustration presents, however, ACE support continued to amaze, even on weekends if necessary.

I encourage anyone unhappy with their current dental software to investigate ACE.

abdullatif

Ace dental review

Reviewed on 2018/12/02

Data available very quickly and easy to navigate from modules to module

Pros

simple to use and very little training for the staff. Intuitive

Cons

Cost is fair. Monthly support fee could be a little less expensive

Ilene

Tech support usually picks up right away or calls back within minutes. They are very patient...

Reviewed on 2017/07/06

Pros

From day one I found the software to be very user friendly. Didn't need very much instruction. Updates are done as needed and from client requests.

Vaibhav

Good experience with ACE Dental

Reviewed on 2022/07/19

Pros

Apart from Appointment scheduling, I liked the insurance feature, you can sub companies, add produce code, company- patient share of insurance amount.

Cons

In the Dental Charting they have limited options, Perio charting doesn't have print option.

Sarah

Software

Reviewed on 2017/02/24

Have been using ace for over 6 years. It was very easy to learn and teach my employees. My go to software.

Sandra

Excellent Software

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

Pros

The ease of the program, great starter program. The live support is very helpful, fast, knowledgeable, friendly. Highly recommend.

Raphael
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Ace dental software, thoughts based on experience

Reviewed on 2016/06/28

Pros

Ace Dental Software is easy to use. It has good price point. It continues to remain up to date as different aspects of dentistry and dental regulations change. Over the years I have found Ace to be responsive and their customer support is friendly and helpful.

Cons

A web based version is the future. This, I think, is their biggest challenge.

Habib

Great service providers

Reviewed on 2017/01/06

We have used Ace for 15 years and are very pleased with the simplicity of use. It is user-friendly and covers all the necessary needs of the dental practice

Pros

Response from ACE Dental Software

Thank you for being a long time user of ACE-Dental Software! We really strive to keep the software as easy to use as possible.

Cheers to another 15 years!

imad
  • Industry: Medical Practice

our easy and simple practice mangement software

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

Pros

the simplicity for any user, the updates and way of delivery but most of all we love the great support

Cons

patient medical history and patient updates during visits about the vendor listening to much to the user personal preferences

sonny

awesome

Reviewed on 2017/09/14

Pros

easy to use and great features and very reasonable pricing . the customer support is awesome specially Denika smallwood is very helpful

Cons

Insurance capabilities is not great like eligibility and claim status . it takes time to get used to this software like any other software

Response from ACE Dental Software

Thank you for the review Sonny!

Thank you for the great review! As you mentioned, our aim to create great software at a reasonable price, has succeeded.

We appreciate your support and are looking forward to many more years!

Russell

Review of Ace Dental Software

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

Have been using Ace software for over ten years. Very easy to use with excellent support. Cost is very reasonable compared to other available software

Pros

Price and ease of use.