iDentalSoft

Cloud-based dental practice management for modern dentists

Michelle S.

Very Disappointing

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

Very poor. I've actually used a number of different softwares in the past & this has been by far the worst. We ended up switching to Dentrix Ascend - which was more expensive. But, it's been great & you pay for what you get. The best advice I can give to someone considering IDS.. do NOT sign a contract.

Pros

We were initially attracted to the software because of the pricing. The pricing is very good but now I see why. Also, the software was very colorful which is always naturally pleasing to the eye.

Cons

It was terrible. We consistently had trouble with the xrays bridging. The software is extremely simplistic to a fault. The reporting was terrible. My end of day numbers would always be off. My biggest complaint is about the dental insurance. The software would NEVER estimate benefits correctly. I would call & speak to someone in support & they wouldn't be able to figure it out either. Truthfully, this software is best for a small practice that's fee for service.

Response from iDentalSoft

Very unfortunate about your experience and thank you for the comments. Bridge, agent running is required for direct capture. We will review staff training to improve on service and support on the use of Treatment Proposal for the Ins Est.

Alonso V.

Simple and functional

Reviewed on 2018/06/15

Pros

It is a complete software for the dental administration, from scheduling appointment, charging the insurers, refilling products with suppliers, very intuitive interface, dental diagrams that facilitate the handling of treatments

Cons

There are not many cons for this software, I feel that the screen could show a little more information about the patient that is being treated.

Carol B.

User friendly

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

Love that they can customize to all your office needs !!! Great customer service

Pros

Easy to use !!!! Customize all of our needs for a mobile practice !!!!the Demo was fabulous and was very educational !

Cons

I have no cons it’s so practice specific it’s a no brainer to use! Can handle multiple users .can go totally paperless which is perfect for us!

Jeremy P.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Our office loves Identalsoft.

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

We were motivated to find a easier software system than we had during this Covid period.
We wanted to go paperless. We wanted our patient to be able to send us all information needed before the appointment that could automatically populate the chart. We wanted to be able to text and email from the patients chart. We wanted to reduce or eliminate patient contact with the front desk. We wanted the system to be easy for us and the patients. We wanted the patient to be able to pay their bill through a portal . IDENTALSOFT FIT THE BILL AND HAS EXCEEDED OUR EXPECTATIONS.
Theexcellent support we get from Idental soft has made the transition very easy. I am happy when I call and the support team knows me and my staff by name.

Pros

We like the portal that enables our patients to send their information to us before the appointments and populate the chart automatically. We like that the patients can pay over the portal

We like emailing and texting from the patient chart. We can see confirmation messages without going to our email to check if people confirmed. We like the way the software is set up so that the information is easy to get to.
We like that the payments and billing are linked to the procedures. It is much easier for us to keep track of payments especially from insurances.
The more we use the software, the more we appreciate the many features.

Cons

Change is always difficult. We knew we had to change to a new user friendly program but were not happy about it.
Identalsoft made it quite easy to transition to the new software.
There is a learning curve with all new products.
Identalsoft support staff makes it easy for us to get the answers we need quickly. We have had Identalsoft for 2 months and it is making our days in the office easier.

Karen H.

I love it

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

Pros

It is very user friendly and the support is beyond helpful. They are always there and do not laugh at me with my stupid questions. They are also very patient. The training was easy.

Cons

At this point I cannot think of anything

Sheldon G.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Everything that I need to run my practice and more!

Reviewed on 2016/06/16

Pros

identalsoft is full featured and includes perio, scheduling, treatment planning, native imaging, employee management, payment processing and a ton of other features. reputation management.

This has made my life so easy! I was concerned about moving to a new system, but the guys at identalsoft made the transition really easy with their migration process. I'm able to use 1 software to do everything from manage my practice. Super easy to use and super powerful!

Cons

Nothing that I didn't like with the experience. They are super responsive.

Jeni W.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

This is it! Stop looking.

Reviewed on 2017/06/09

Pros

This team is great. The reviews are great. The sales support is great. They work outside of USA in other English speaking markets (as long as you are okay with their support being USA hours)

Cons

Language is only in English (which is the market it's intended for so that's fine, we are trying to hack a solution for a freach speaking non-usa based market)

Cynthia Y.

THE COMPLETE Dental Management Software & EXCELLENT Customer Service

Reviewed on 2016/02/29

Choosing a dental management software is critical. I chose iDentalsoft because of all of the amazing features it offers wrapped up together in one package. It does all the essential functions necessary to run a dental practice and goes beyond in many aspects to streamline all the different processes, including electronic claim filing, credit card processing, emails/texts to patients....it is all included!

I highly recommend any dentist to explore this option before making a decision to re-new or purchase another dental management software. iDentalsoft is effortless, easy to learn, mobile, and SECURE. A huge plus is the amazing support from Michael and his team. They help with every aspect, whether you need to transfer all your files from your old program to iDentalsoft, or if you have IT questions, or if you need help with a certain function. He and his team are there and there are no extra fees or hidden costs.

Carole R.

This cloud-based software meets our office needs & we get excellent support from iDentalSoft.

Reviewed on 2016/02/11

We were attracted to iDentalSoft because the program is cloud-based and appeared to meet our needs. Although there were some bumps transitioning from our previous very powerful practice management program, iDentalSoft consistently responded to our issues with improvements. Their technical support is outstanding -- very prompt, and they always find a solution! We continue to enjoy the advantages of using this software in our practice.

Melba B.

Best Kept West Coast Dental software secret

Reviewed on 2017/03/31

I truly mean it! Identalsoft is the best kept dental software west coast secret. The secret is out of the bag on the east coast. Finally! There is a dental software simple enough that the doctor enjoys it. Conversion from Dentrix was seamless. Mellenial patients are even noticing and complimenting . "Wow your office is pretty technologically advanced." I love Identalsoft. And so will you.

Dayo O.

Cloud Software

Reviewed on 2017/04/16

I really like the software. Both administrative and clinical features are just what I need. The centralized database is ideal for my practice that runs multiple locations and access to the data is available. All updates to the software is done on the server remotely

Thomas S.

Excellent dental software

Reviewed on 2020/11/27

I've been a dentist for over 50 years & had no idea how to use the software. The tech support was very patient & guided .me through all the intricacies of soft ware usage. Obviously many processes had to be repeated until I got the hang of it.

Pros

Easy to use. The tech support was very patient & guided me through all the intricacies of soft ware usage. Obviously many processes had to be repeated until I got the hang of it.

Cons

I can't think of any short comings of this software

Brandon W.

Amazing. Cloud-based perfection.

Reviewed on 2017/05/22

I can run my office and handle patients 24/7. This allows me to have a tight, automated office where I am hitting almost the million-dollar mark working only 3 days per week, taking absolutely no insurance and with only 2 employees (myself, the doctor and 1 dental assistant)
We take NO insurance and we don't even do in-house financing. iDentalsoft is very heavily geared for insurance-based practices...

BUT...

1. We know we are in the vast minority in terms of dental offices. Very few offices these days are cash-only.

2. The team at iDentalsoft has been helping us and continues to help us to try and adjust the software to meet more of a cash-only design. I think, in the next 6 months or so, iDentalsoft will have it to where you can simply choose if your office accepts insurance or not and it will remove a lot of the insurance stuff.

Our office is such a minority on this subject but the guys at iDentalsoft still go way out of their way to help us and to adjust the software for our office.

We really appreciate all the help!

Pros

The people I work with over at iDentalsoft, are always willing to help and they are so interested in finding out how to improve the software. They have done countless updates and upgrades and I really appreciate how to live and caring this company is.

I have used Easy Dental, Dentrix, ACE, SolutionReach, ZocDoc, etc. iDentalsoft is a combo of all of that and it is one integrated system and is completely cloud-based.

I have the entire software hosted by iDentalsoft and backed up so we don't even need a server in-house and we don't need to pay for an IT guy! No cables running through our office and no need to do tons of work to set up a network.

I can just put TWAIN drivers on the computer I want to use, stick it in an operatory, and i'm good to go.

I can access all patient files on my phone or at home and I do a LOT of patient scheduling and interaction outside of the office so it's great.

iDentalsoft has helped me create a million-dollar practice working only 3 days a week. And we don't take ANY insurance!

I can constantly get reviews and keep all phone notes handy and keep my database SACRED, just the way I like it.

Plus the software just keeps getting better and better. The upgrades are dramatic.

Cammielle B.

Not Impressed

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

We don't like the software package. The transfer of info from QSI to Idental was awful. There were thousands of $ of balance transfers, and conversion default messages. We still (2 yrs.) don't have our logo on forms like we were promised. We can't reprint (or even see) the original ADA claim forms. It feels like a thrown software package that was not planned. It's obvious the folks writing it don't work in the field. I would not recommend it.

Pros

It is cloud based, and easy to follow along screens. It is very easy to track lab cases and manage patient xrays. Built in texting and auto emails/texting.

Cons

It's impossible to get accurate accounting reports. You can't close out a month or year. We can't create our own discount/adjustment codes. No way to put pop up alerts.

Response from iDentalSoft

Standard practice is to migrate patient's balance as Balance Transfer. For Logo on form, there is available Form Merge (fill and sign via tablet) and eClaim can also be printed into ADA form, We will have Support follow up with office.

Andrew D.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Technology and human personality . King of dental software !!!!!

Reviewed on 2017/01/10

Identalsoft works on all Macs and PCs. No servers needed just the cloud. Images are beautiful and the tech support ( Mien) are genius. The CEO ( Michael) will fight in your corner and will continue to adapt to your individual needs to run your specific dental office business. They are located in Silicon Valley California and can easily support all American time zones ( eastern central mountain Pacifica and Hawaiian.
Dado Dentistry only endorses Identalsoft and I am glad I left my old Archaic software company which would not adapt to my needs.
My office is now running in the 21st Century with identalsoft.

Pros

The CEO and tech genius are real humans.

Cons

No flaws because unlike other software company's they can adapt to win

Michael T.

100% satisfied customer. I cannot imagine owning my practice and using any other dental...

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Pros

All inclusive package!
Cloud based program is flawless!
Customer friendly patient portal is great!
All aspects of dental stuff is prefect and works seamlessly.
Billing claims electronically, payments etc is top notch.
Integrated bridge for taking X-rays directly into cloud works without problem and no 3rd party apps.
Wow!!!! Would not trade iDS for anything.

Cons

No cons, truly and honestly!!!!!
As an all-in-one program, there is plenty to learn. I'm a first time owner and support was always there for me, to get me through all areas that were new to me, mostly billing stuff. But the program is so intuitive that it really didn't take long.

Ann L.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great software system. User friendly.

Reviewed on 2017/07/12

I found that this software was mostly intuitive. Once we started using it we were quick to learn how to navigate through the different areas.

Pros

The team at iDentalSoft works tirelessly to accommodate your needs. They are pleasant to work with and quick to respond. We tested this system while looking for a potential system upgrade. Although this practice decided not to upgrade its software at this time, I would highly recommend it.

Cons

My only complaint was that they needed support on East coast time, they were working to hire someone to work the EST schedule.

Lee H.

Not easy to use; complicated transactions that are not easily performed.

Reviewed on 2017/07/21

Cloud based allows access form outside the office which is valuable; Very good at producing production reports.

Pros

Very clean looking; recent update improved some functionality. Buttons for bundled procedures are helpful

Cons

Not easy to perform routine functions; transactions are difficult to perform; reporting functions need improvement. Cannot generate accurate recall lists.

Response from iDentalSoft

Thank you for the review and we appreciate enhancement requests to meet your office flow. We have taken improvement steps to best suite all users. We continue to strive to meet expectation.

Carol P.

Well designed and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2016/02/04

I would highly recommenced this software since its easy to use. And they have excellent customer service.

Tshepo M.

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Diana W.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

IDentalSoft

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

The overall experience is been really good. The support team is always available and willing to help on any issues. The convenience of cloud-based software that allows team member to work in the software from multiple offices.
There are also so many other features available in the software that other cloud based software do not have.

Pros

1. The software was highly customize to the program's needs.
2. All forms are available in the software
3. Many features available that are not available in other software
4. Excellent customer service
5. They were the only company who could do a full migration of all clinical notes, x-rays, documents etc.
6.Cloud based software

Cons

Adjustment on x-rays mounts- problem was fixed with identalsoft support team

Alison D.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great product and outstanding support

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

Our experience with Identalsoft has been excellent owing in large part to the constant support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. From the outset she was our point of contact. For several months before we went live, she worked with her team to customize many features of the software to fit our needs and helped tremendously to train and prepare us for the transition. She has spent countless hours on the phone with us and is incredibly knowledgeable, professional and patient. We continue to call on her when we have questions and she is unfailing kind, accessible and a pleasure to speak with. She is a huge asset to Identalsoft. We definitely would not have had the positive experience and ease of transition that we did without her.

Pros

We are a very busy dental office and needed a seamless transition when we made the decision to change software companies. The entire staff felt the software was very user friendly and fast and gave us easy access to all the information we need to provide the most thorough care to our patients.

Cons

It's frustrating that there is no scrolling ability with reports, name searches - anything that may be multiple pages. We have to keep clicking "next" to move ahead. It's a bit annoying when you're at last names beginning with "A" for instance, and you want to get to the page with "M" and you have to keep clicking next or try to guess a page number to move it ahead quicker.

Response from iDentalSoft

Thank you. We will review the recommended enhancement.

Great software and Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2020/03/24

Great.

Pros

I am someone who is not tech savvy and I have found that Identalsoft is very intuitive. It has been an easy transition. The customer service is outstanding. Harini, specifically has been helping me onboard and she is endlessly patient and willing to go above and beyond to help come up with solutions for my specific needs. I have a mobile practice which is different that typical office and I am very satisfied with my decision.

Cons

I am a mobile Dentist and my patients typically fill out the forms from home on the patient portal. They seem to have a difficult time with having to fill out all of the forms at once. It would be better if they could log in and out and fill out the forms at their leisure without having to start again each time.

Response from iDentalSoft

Hello Dr, iDS comes with Patient Portal for online/mobile Registration, Appt Request, Reviews and ePay. Patient can submit multiple times of the completed pages. Our staff will be happy to walk-thru the sample of multiple submissions.

Kirt F.

Has some good and working on more improvements

Reviewed on 2016/08/01

This software has a lot of great features. Like any program, it takes a little bit of time to get familiar with. Make sure you do some training before you dive too much into it as there is a lot you can do with it.

Pros

Cloud-based and for the most part easy to use.

Cons

X-rays do not auto advance, but they are working on it. Must have the cell phone carrier in order to send texts, but there are lots of websites that will tell you the carrier and that was not as big as deal as we thought it might be. Must use a unique URL to login so make sure to bookmark it. Mobile version still needs a little work.

Cynthia Y.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great Product, Does what you need it to do!

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

The best thing about iDentalsoft is that it does what you need it to do--manage your practice without all the million extra buttons that you never use. The support IS TOP NOTCH and always available, probably one of the main reasons why I chose to go with iDentalsoft. Love the convenience of personal cloud-based software that allows me to check my schedule from the comfort of my own home. There are also so many other add-ins that end up saving you money and TIME.

Pros

support and ease of use

Cons

It needs some more options to adjust X-rays and a few other little things that would make navigating a little quicker.