iDentalSoft

Cloud-based dental practice management for modern dentists

4,2
4,6
Diana W.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

IDentalSoft

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

The overall experience is been really good. The support team is always available and willing to help on any issues. The convenience of cloud-based software that allows team member to work in the software from multiple offices.
There are also so many other features available in the software that other cloud based software do not have.

Pros

1. The software was highly customize to the program's needs.
2. All forms are available in the software
3. Many features available that are not available in other software
4. Excellent customer service
5. They were the only company who could do a full migration of all clinical notes, x-rays, documents etc.
6.Cloud based software

Cons

Adjustment on x-rays mounts- problem was fixed with identalsoft support team

Alison D.
Industry: Medical Practice

Great product and outstanding support

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

Our experience with Identalsoft has been excellent owing in large part to the constant support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. From the outset she was our point of contact. For several months before we went live, she worked with her team to customize many features of the software to fit our needs and helped tremendously to train and prepare us for the transition. She has spent countless hours on the phone with us and is incredibly knowledgeable, professional and patient. We continue to call on her when we have questions and she is unfailing kind, accessible and a pleasure to speak with. She is a huge asset to Identalsoft. We definitely would not have had the positive experience and ease of transition that we did without her.

Pros

We are a very busy dental office and needed a seamless transition when we made the decision to change software companies. The entire staff felt the software was very user friendly and fast and gave us easy access to all the information we need to provide the most thorough care to our patients.

Cons

It's frustrating that there is no scrolling ability with reports, name searches - anything that may be multiple pages. We have to keep clicking "next" to move ahead. It's a bit annoying when you're at last names beginning with "A" for instance, and you want to get to the page with "M" and you have to keep clicking next or try to guess a page number to move it ahead quicker.

Response from iDentalSoft

Thank you. We will review the recommended enhancement.

Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Great software and Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2020/03/24

Great.

Pros

I am someone who is not tech savvy and I have found that Identalsoft is very intuitive. It has been an easy transition. The customer service is outstanding. Harini, specifically has been helping me onboard and she is endlessly patient and willing to go above and beyond to help come up with solutions for my specific needs. I have a mobile practice which is different that typical office and I am very satisfied with my decision.

Cons

I am a mobile Dentist and my patients typically fill out the forms from home on the patient portal. They seem to have a difficult time with having to fill out all of the forms at once. It would be better if they could log in and out and fill out the forms at their leisure without having to start again each time.

Response from iDentalSoft

Hello Dr, iDS comes with Patient Portal for online/mobile Registration, Appt Request, Reviews and ePay. Patient can submit multiple times of the completed pages. Our staff will be happy to walk-thru the sample of multiple submissions.

Kirt F.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Has some good and working on more improvements

Reviewed on 2016/08/01

This software has a lot of great features. Like any program, it takes a little bit of time to get familiar with. Make sure you do some training before you dive too much into it as there is a lot you can do with it.

Pros

Cloud-based and for the most part easy to use.

Cons

X-rays do not auto advance, but they are working on it. Must have the cell phone carrier in order to send texts, but there are lots of websites that will tell you the carrier and that was not as big as deal as we thought it might be. Must use a unique URL to login so make sure to bookmark it. Mobile version still needs a little work.

Cynthia Y.
Industry: Medical Practice

Great Product, Does what you need it to do!

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

The best thing about iDentalsoft is that it does what you need it to do--manage your practice without all the million extra buttons that you never use. The support IS TOP NOTCH and always available, probably one of the main reasons why I chose to go with iDentalsoft. Love the convenience of personal cloud-based software that allows me to check my schedule from the comfort of my own home. There are also so many other add-ins that end up saving you money and TIME.

Pros

support and ease of use

Cons

It needs some more options to adjust X-rays and a few other little things that would make navigating a little quicker.

Bruce K.

IDentalSoft review

Reviewed on 2017/03/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Needed a cloud based software to manage multiple offices with common shared database. Researched multiple products and chose this product. Fully functional software with very short learning curve. Data and image migration was done in very short time frame. Migration costs were minimal with excellent accuracy. As always some glitches but quickly resolved. Biggest issue was the bridge software for imaging but after tweaking it is now seamless. Support was phenomenal with almost instant response with a what I would consider a smile. Had a called returned on the weekend instead of waiting for the following week. Recall and appointment confirmation amazing. Patient portal allows appointment requests as well as the ability to complete registration, health history and hippa forms online or in reception room with tablet or kiosk. Requires a decent internet speed with always faster better.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality.

Cons

Can get a little sluggish if internet speed drops. Lack of prompt to save some items before closing.

Lina K.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

None stop issues

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

Its been relentless nightmare up this alley. We have used SOFTDENT for years and decided to upgrade and make changes due to a 2nd location working with geriatric patients whom need the TLC and undivided attention to details and since using and signing up with identalsoft at 2nd location it has been a nightmare!!! Its horrible and logs out after only minutes of idle, the system sits pretty but scheduling wise and efficiency isnt there. It has done nothing but cause hassle and not to mention their support system is horrible. EMAILING AND TEXTING AND CALLING FOR HELP only to get an answer 20 hours later!! if you are a fast paced dental office like ours RUN from this software it isnt what they say it is with the bells and whistle.

Pros

its pretty thats iit! I have nothing special to write about this software

Cons

logs out when idle have to always log back on very annoying, the features are all over the place, and it takes minutes to set up new patient visits, the x-rays arent ever working because bridge always has an issue. Support is horrible!!!! Email and calls with no answers! Contacts after 20 hours of waiting at a time, had technical support in the morning only to get a machine and calls back after 4 hours! Migration one month later is still not up and communication is just horrible yet takes our payment up front or when due on time. Its been more of a headache than help. It has been a waste of time for the patients whom we have had cancelled and the doctors time.

Response from iDentalSoft

Hello Lina,
We strive to deliver. Thank you. We are reviewing to ensure steps in our process are followed. Note from our service tickets:
1. iDS timeout is extendable. We didn't have request to extend.
2. Device connection, Anti-virus had blocked access and Jazz is to send sensor replacement.
3. Migration, we have just been provided access to your server on 12/14/18 and completed the copy of data over the weekend for migration process.

As we are reviewing the case, we apologize for any miscommunication and follow up for further details.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Khoa N.
Industry: Utilities

The future of dental software

Reviewed on 2018/10/20

Pros

Cloud-based, very secured.
Can access almost anywhere.
linked to DentalExchange.
Has the longest run way to customize, to add more functionalities per request.

Cons

Lack of mobile app.
Some UI features can be improved, such as going back/forth windows/sub-windows can be smoother.

Bhupesh M.

Happy with iDentalSoft Product

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Pros

Customer support is awesome and prompt
Easy to use and customize
good graphics
Front end patient portal is good

Cons

Reporting can be more intuitive and improved

Nancy F.

iDentalSoft

Reviewed on 2019/04/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Again, I'd like to do another review on this software in about 6 months. They've been helpful, but as of right now, there have been a lot issues that should never have happened.

Pros

I like that fact it checks me before I possibly make a mistake in a patient's chart by asking me if that's what I want to do. But I'd like to review this again in about 6 months. We've been live with it for a week only and that's not really enough time to give a complete review.

Cons

The migration didn't bring over a lot of information that should have followed patients, ie medical history, insurance information. This has had to entered in every time a existing patient comes in for a visit.

Response from iDentalSoft

Migration covers patient information, including medical history, insurance info and many others. Info may be mapped to different location or conditions that may affected some patients. Please communicate specific to Onboarding or Support. Also, we will have team reach-out for the detail.

Danny T.

Simple, intuitive, and complete software!

Reviewed on 2016/02/05

There are many advantages with this software including: instant real time remote login and ability to use the software as if you're in the office in front of the computer without the need to use log me in or team viewer, excellent customer and technical support, complete and thorough software to manage one or multiple offices, no monthly fees for support, easy to learn and use (intuitive like learning to use an iPad), easy to navigate without having to go through so many steps, and auto backup into the cloud so your data is safe. Also has a portal for patient registration that automatically inputs all patients' data into a profile so one less task for your staff to do making it a real time saver! Excellent product!

Liane R.

Simple Software

Reviewed on 2017/12/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Software is simple to use and to the point for a small single provider office. A great starter software and allows you to advance to bigger programs with basic knowledge.

Cons

This is made for small single provider offices if one is not planning on advancing practice or merging .

Samantha W.

Idental has gone above and beyond to help our practice get up and running!

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

Pros

I love the ability to see a patient's chart from anywhere. Very easy to use and learn with unlimited technical support.

Cons

The only con we have experienced the printer needing to be set up in the software, but it is pretty easy once you learn it.

Soriya T.

great software

Reviewed on 2016/02/04

the product is easy to use and customizable. We like the software a lot.

Julie H.

Digital Revolution for Your Do Dental Practices

Reviewed on 2020/02/28

Very pleasant IT partner company across all aspects. Glad to have a business partner whom we can grow business together.

Pros

Browser based. The software can be use on any devices, especially mobile. Great way to expand your practices with multiple locations. Short learning curve for the staffs. Intuitive learning. Great scalability of the software with the growth of the business. Great options for other platforms of add-on services such as dental/ medical billing, online reviews, fornt desk booking appointments/ appointment reminders plus more.
Wonderful technical support @ corporate office in Silicone Valley and in Kansas. The list is endless. Call me for reference and glad to chat.

Cons

IDentalSoft keeps constantly adding new features to the software platform. The staffs and I need to get out of the comfort zone and learn the new edition of the softwar. Learning new tricks takes time and results in frustrations, but the learing process also stimulates hippocampus and other parts of the brains to generate new neurons and neurological pathways. IDentalSoft provides wonderful channels for anti-aging and reducing chances of dementia.

Richard K.
Industry: Medical Practice

A very good continually evolving software that works on Mac

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

They are always there to help and want to learn any and all options requested by the Doctor or staff. They seem transparent on all discussions and address all issues with thorough research and dedication.

Pros

I switch from Viive the now defunct Mac software from Henry Schein. They were the only company who could do a full migration of all my clinical notes billing and documents from my previous paperless software. The cloud base software is accessible from anywhere. There is a full perio charting, easy to understand charting and email and text options. Easy incorporated credit card option with ability for auto pay for payment plans. They are willing to customize to your needs and are always looking for input on what to add or change on the next update. It bridged very well to my Mac x-ray software Radiovision. The learning curve was very quick and are there to help when needed.

Cons

would like a little more Mac centric for xrays and intraoral cameras within their images program, but I am able to bridge to my existing software without a problem.

Industry: Education Management

Identalsoft

Reviewed on 2018/08/16

I have been using software to teach my students in the classroom. It is easy to use and they love it! Thank you!

Pros

It is very easy to use! It is user friendly. You can even access it anywhere!

Cons

Not that I can think of. There is always something that is updated so it improves as time goes by.

Jev C.

User for 1 year

Reviewed on 2017/11/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am currently trying to find something new.

Pros

Easy to navigate and customer support is great. I enjoy the features that gives me the power to control what my office staff can and cannot do. HIPPA compliant. Easy to access from home.

Cons

Not integrated with eprescribe/ all third party. I would like it to integrate into my CBCT scanner. My billing staff have issues with it.

Jakima S.
Industry: Medical Practice

Great functionality and user friendly

Reviewed on 2016/10/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Tested the product during search for new system updates.

Pros

The scheduling and payment communication features increases productivity and efficiency.

Cons

Just slightly out of my budget for nut practice size but easily a great choice for a practice with larger patient pool.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Julie H.

easy to use. dummy proved. easy for the staffs to learn.

Reviewed on 2016/02/04

Totally paperless for the dental office. All the data can be stored in the cloud-based server. Fast & efficient downloading speed. Definitely a GREEN way for the electronic health records in the dental offices of the future. A+ on reducing office overheads.

Khushbu A.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Fun interface

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Pros

This has a fun interface that makes it appealing to click through

Cons

But very limited functionality, really only have the ability to chart clinical notes effectively

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Thomas S.
Company size: Self Employed

Excellent dental software

Reviewed on 2020/11/27

I've been a dentist for over 50 years & had no idea how to use the software. The tech support was very patient & guided .me through all the intricacies of soft ware usage. Obviously many processes had to be repeated until I got the hang of it.

Pros

Easy to use. The tech support was very patient & guided me through all the intricacies of soft ware usage. Obviously many processes had to be repeated until I got the hang of it.

Cons

I can't think of any short comings of this software

Tshepo M.

Rating only

Reviewed on 2019/05/14
Brandon W.

Amazing. Cloud-based perfection.

Reviewed on 2017/05/22

I can run my office and handle patients 24/7. This allows me to have a tight, automated office where I am hitting almost the million-dollar mark working only 3 days per week, taking absolutely no insurance and with only 2 employees (myself, the doctor and 1 dental assistant)
We take NO insurance and we don't even do in-house financing. iDentalsoft is very heavily geared for insurance-based practices...

BUT...

1. We know we are in the vast minority in terms of dental offices. Very few offices these days are cash-only.

2. The team at iDentalsoft has been helping us and continues to help us to try and adjust the software to meet more of a cash-only design. I think, in the next 6 months or so, iDentalsoft will have it to where you can simply choose if your office accepts insurance or not and it will remove a lot of the insurance stuff.

Our office is such a minority on this subject but the guys at iDentalsoft still go way out of their way to help us and to adjust the software for our office.

We really appreciate all the help!

Pros

The people I work with over at iDentalsoft, are always willing to help and they are so interested in finding out how to improve the software. They have done countless updates and upgrades and I really appreciate how to live and caring this company is.

I have used Easy Dental, Dentrix, ACE, SolutionReach, ZocDoc, etc. iDentalsoft is a combo of all of that and it is one integrated system and is completely cloud-based.

I have the entire software hosted by iDentalsoft and backed up so we don't even need a server in-house and we don't need to pay for an IT guy! No cables running through our office and no need to do tons of work to set up a network.

I can just put TWAIN drivers on the computer I want to use, stick it in an operatory, and i'm good to go.

I can access all patient files on my phone or at home and I do a LOT of patient scheduling and interaction outside of the office so it's great.

iDentalsoft has helped me create a million-dollar practice working only 3 days a week. And we don't take ANY insurance!

I can constantly get reviews and keep all phone notes handy and keep my database SACRED, just the way I like it.

Plus the software just keeps getting better and better. The upgrades are dramatic.

Cammielle B.

Not Impressed

Reviewed on 2019/05/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We don't like the software package. The transfer of info from QSI to Idental was awful. There were thousands of $ of balance transfers, and conversion default messages. We still (2 yrs.) don't have our logo on forms like we were promised. We can't reprint (or even see) the original ADA claim forms. It feels like a thrown software package that was not planned. It's obvious the folks writing it don't work in the field. I would not recommend it.

Pros

It is cloud based, and easy to follow along screens. It is very easy to track lab cases and manage patient xrays. Built in texting and auto emails/texting.

Cons

It's impossible to get accurate accounting reports. You can't close out a month or year. We can't create our own discount/adjustment codes. No way to put pop up alerts.

Response from iDentalSoft

Standard practice is to migrate patient's balance as Balance Transfer. For Logo on form, there is available Form Merge (fill and sign via tablet) and eClaim can also be printed into ADA form, We will have Support follow up with office.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10