iDentalSoft Reviews

iDentalSoft

Cloud-based dental practice management for modern dentists

4.4/5 (34 reviews)
Diana W.

IDentalSoft

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

The overall experience is been really good. The support team is always available and willing to help on any issues. The convenience of cloud-based software that allows team member to work in the software from multiple offices.
There are also so many other features available in the software that other cloud based software do not have.

Pros

1. The software was highly customize to the program's needs.
2. All forms are available in the software
3. Many features available that are not available in other software
4. Excellent customer service
5. They were the only company who could do a full migration of all clinical notes, x-rays, documents etc.
6.Cloud based software

Cons

Adjustment on x-rays mounts- problem was fixed with identalsoft support team

Brandon W.

Amazing. Cloud-based perfection.

Reviewed on 2017/05/22

I can run my office and handle patients 24/7. This allows me to have a tight, automated office where I am hitting almost the million-dollar mark working only 3 days per week, taking absolutely no insurance and with only 2 employees (myself, the doctor and 1 dental assistant)
We take NO insurance and we don't even do in-house financing. iDentalsoft is very heavily geared for insurance-based practices...

BUT...

1. We know we are in the vast minority in terms of dental offices. Very few offices these days are cash-only.

2. The team at iDentalsoft has been helping us and continues to help us to try and adjust the software to meet more of a cash-only design. I think, in the next 6 months or so, iDentalsoft will have it to where you can simply choose if your office accepts insurance or not and it will remove a lot of the insurance stuff.

Our office is such a minority on this subject but the guys at iDentalsoft still go way out of their way to help us and to adjust the software for our office.

We really appreciate all the help!

Pros

The people I work with over at iDentalsoft, are always willing to help and they are so interested in finding out how to improve the software. They have done countless updates and upgrades and I really appreciate how to live and caring this company is.

I have used Easy Dental, Dentrix, ACE, SolutionReach, ZocDoc, etc. iDentalsoft is a combo of all of that and it is one integrated system and is completely cloud-based.

I have the entire software hosted by iDentalsoft and backed up so we don't even need a server in-house and we don't need to pay for an IT guy! No cables running through our office and no need to do tons of work to set up a network.

I can just put TWAIN drivers on the computer I want to use, stick it in an operatory, and i'm good to go.

I can access all patient files on my phone or at home and I do a LOT of patient scheduling and interaction outside of the office so it's great.

iDentalsoft has helped me create a million-dollar practice working only 3 days a week. And we don't take ANY insurance!

I can constantly get reviews and keep all phone notes handy and keep my database SACRED, just the way I like it.

Plus the software just keeps getting better and better. The upgrades are dramatic.

Richard K.

A very good continually evolving software that works on Mac

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

They are always there to help and want to learn any and all options requested by the Doctor or staff. They seem transparent on all discussions and address all issues with thorough research and dedication.

Pros

I switch from Viive the now defunct Mac software from Henry Schein. They were the only company who could do a full migration of all my clinical notes billing and documents from my previous paperless software. The cloud base software is accessible from anywhere. There is a full perio charting, easy to understand charting and email and text options. Easy incorporated credit card option with ability for auto pay for payment plans. They are willing to customize to your needs and are always looking for input on what to add or change on the next update. It bridged very well to my Mac x-ray software Radiovision. The learning curve was very quick and are there to help when needed.

Cons

would like a little more Mac centric for xrays and intraoral cameras within their images program, but I am able to bridge to my existing software without a problem.

Identalsoft

Reviewed on 2018/08/16

I have been using software to teach my students in the classroom. It is easy to use and they love it! Thank you!

Pros

It is very easy to use! It is user friendly. You can even access it anywhere!

Cons

Not that I can think of. There is always something that is updated so it improves as time goes by.

Cammielle B.

Not Impressed

Reviewed on 2019/05/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We don't like the software package. The transfer of info from QSI to Idental was awful. There were thousands of $ of balance transfers, and conversion default messages. We still (2 yrs.) don't have our logo on forms like we were promised. We can't reprint (or even see) the original ADA claim forms. It feels like a thrown software package that was not planned. It's obvious the folks writing it don't work in the field. I would not recommend it.

Pros

It is cloud based, and easy to follow along screens. It is very easy to track lab cases and manage patient xrays. Built in texting and auto emails/texting.

Cons

It's impossible to get accurate accounting reports. You can't close out a month or year. We can't create our own discount/adjustment codes. No way to put pop up alerts.

Response from iDentalSoft

Standard practice is to migrate patient's balance as Balance Transfer. For Logo on form, there is available Form Merge (fill and sign via tablet) and eClaim can also be printed into ADA form, We will have Support follow up with office.

0.0/10
Cynthia Y.

Great Product, Does what you need it to do!

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

The best thing about iDentalsoft is that it does what you need it to do--manage your practice without all the million extra buttons that you never use. The support IS TOP NOTCH and always available, probably one of the main reasons why I chose to go with iDentalsoft. Love the convenience of personal cloud-based software that allows me to check my schedule from the comfort of my own home. There are also so many other add-ins that end up saving you money and TIME.

Pros

support and ease of use

Cons

It needs some more options to adjust X-rays and a few other little things that would make navigating a little quicker.

Bruce K.

IDentalSoft review

Reviewed on 2017/03/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Needed a cloud based software to manage multiple offices with common shared database. Researched multiple products and chose this product. Fully functional software with very short learning curve. Data and image migration was done in very short time frame. Migration costs were minimal with excellent accuracy. As always some glitches but quickly resolved. Biggest issue was the bridge software for imaging but after tweaking it is now seamless. Support was phenomenal with almost instant response with a what I would consider a smile. Had a called returned on the weekend instead of waiting for the following week. Recall and appointment confirmation amazing. Patient portal allows appointment requests as well as the ability to complete registration, health history and hippa forms online or in reception room with tablet or kiosk. Requires a decent internet speed with always faster better.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality.

Cons

Can get a little sluggish if internet speed drops. Lack of prompt to save some items before closing.

Lina K.

None stop issues

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

Its been relentless nightmare up this alley. We have used SOFTDENT for years and decided to upgrade and make changes due to a 2nd location working with geriatric patients whom need the TLC and undivided attention to details and since using and signing up with identalsoft at 2nd location it has been a nightmare!!! Its horrible and logs out after only minutes of idle, the system sits pretty but scheduling wise and efficiency isnt there. It has done nothing but cause hassle and not to mention their support system is horrible. EMAILING AND TEXTING AND CALLING FOR HELP only to get an answer 20 hours later!! if you are a fast paced dental office like ours RUN from this software it isnt what they say it is with the bells and whistle.

Pros

its pretty thats iit! I have nothing special to write about this software

Cons

logs out when idle have to always log back on very annoying, the features are all over the place, and it takes minutes to set up new patient visits, the x-rays arent ever working because bridge always has an issue. Support is horrible!!!! Email and calls with no answers! Contacts after 20 hours of waiting at a time, had technical support in the morning only to get a machine and calls back after 4 hours! Migration one month later is still not up and communication is just horrible yet takes our payment up front or when due on time. Its been more of a headache than help. It has been a waste of time for the patients whom we have had cancelled and the doctors time.

Response from iDentalSoft

Hello Lina,
We strive to deliver. Thank you. We are reviewing to ensure steps in our process are followed. Note from our service tickets:
1. iDS timeout is extendable. We didn't have request to extend.
2. Device connection, Anti-virus had blocked access and Jazz is to send sensor replacement.
3. Migration, we have just been provided access to your server on 12/14/18 and completed the copy of data over the weekend for migration process.

As we are reviewing the case, we apologize for any miscommunication and follow up for further details.

0.0/10
Alonso V.

Simple and functional

Reviewed on 2018/06/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It is a complete software for the dental administration, from scheduling appointment, charging the insurers, refilling products with suppliers, very intuitive interface, dental diagrams that facilitate the handling of treatments

Cons

There are not many cons for this software, I feel that the screen could show a little more information about the patient that is being treated.

Andrew D.

Technology and human personality . King of dental software !!!!!

Reviewed on 2017/01/10

Identalsoft works on all Macs and PCs. No servers needed just the cloud. Images are beautiful and the tech support ( Mien) are genius. The CEO ( Michael) will fight in your corner and will continue to adapt to your individual needs to run your specific dental office business. They are located in Silicon Valley California and can easily support all American time zones ( eastern central mountain Pacifica and Hawaiian.
Dado Dentistry only endorses Identalsoft and I am glad I left my old Archaic software company which would not adapt to my needs.
My office is now running in the 21st Century with identalsoft.

Pros

The CEO and tech genius are real humans.

Cons

No flaws because unlike other software company's they can adapt to win

Michael T.

100% satisfied customer. I cannot imagine owning my practice and using any other dental software!

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Pros

All inclusive package!
Cloud based program is flawless!
Customer friendly patient portal is great!
All aspects of dental stuff is prefect and works seamlessly.
Billing claims electronically, payments etc is top notch.
Integrated bridge for taking X-rays directly into cloud works without problem and no 3rd party apps.
Wow!!!! Would not trade iDS for anything.

Cons

No cons, truly and honestly!!!!!
As an all-in-one program, there is plenty to learn. I'm a first time owner and support was always there for me, to get me through all areas that were new to me, mostly billing stuff. But the program is so intuitive that it really didn't take long.

Khoa N.

The future of dental software

Reviewed on 2018/10/20

Pros

Cloud-based, very secured.
Can access almost anywhere.
linked to DentalExchange.
Has the longest run way to customize, to add more functionalities per request.

Cons

Lack of mobile app.
Some UI features can be improved, such as going back/forth windows/sub-windows can be smoother.

Kirt F.

Has some good and working on more improvements

Reviewed on 2016/08/01

This software has a lot of great features. Like any program, it takes a little bit of time to get familiar with. Make sure you do some training before you dive too much into it as there is a lot you can do with it.

Pros

Cloud-based and for the most part easy to use.

Cons

X-rays do not auto advance, but they are working on it. Must have the cell phone carrier in order to send texts, but there are lots of websites that will tell you the carrier and that was not as big as deal as we thought it might be. Must use a unique URL to login so make sure to bookmark it. Mobile version still needs a little work.

Sheldon G.

Everything that I need to run my practice and more!

Reviewed on 2016/06/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

identalsoft is full featured and includes perio, scheduling, treatment planning, native imaging, employee management, payment processing and a ton of other features. reputation management.

This has made my life so easy! I was concerned about moving to a new system, but the guys at identalsoft made the transition really easy with their migration process. I'm able to use 1 software to do everything from manage my practice. Super easy to use and super powerful!

Cons

Nothing that I didn't like with the experience. They are super responsive.

Jeni W.

This is it! Stop looking.

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2017/06/09

Pros

This team is great. The reviews are great. The sales support is great. They work outside of USA in other English speaking markets (as long as you are okay with their support being USA hours)

Cons

Language is only in English (which is the market it's intended for so that's fine, we are trying to hack a solution for a freach speaking non-usa based market)

Ann L.

Great software system. User friendly.

Reviewed on 2017/07/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I found that this software was mostly intuitive. Once we started using it we were quick to learn how to navigate through the different areas.

Pros

The team at iDentalSoft works tirelessly to accommodate your needs. They are pleasant to work with and quick to respond. We tested this system while looking for a potential system upgrade. Although this practice decided not to upgrade its software at this time, I would highly recommend it.

Cons

My only complaint was that they needed support on East coast time, they were working to hire someone to work the EST schedule.

Bhupesh M.

Happy with iDentalSoft Product

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Pros

Customer support is awesome and prompt
Easy to use and customize
good graphics
Front end patient portal is good

Cons

Reporting can be more intuitive and improved

Cynthia Y.

THE COMPLETE Dental Management Software & EXCELLENT Customer Service

Reviewed on 2016/02/29

Choosing a dental management software is critical. I chose iDentalsoft because of all of the amazing features it offers wrapped up together in one package. It does all the essential functions necessary to run a dental practice and goes beyond in many aspects to streamline all the different processes, including electronic claim filing, credit card processing, emails/texts to patients....it is all included!

I highly recommend any dentist to explore this option before making a decision to re-new or purchase another dental management software. iDentalsoft is effortless, easy to learn, mobile, and SECURE. A huge plus is the amazing support from Michael and his team. They help with every aspect, whether you need to transfer all your files from your old program to iDentalsoft, or if you have IT questions, or if you need help with a certain function. He and his team are there and there are no extra fees or hidden costs.

Nancy F.

iDentalSoft

Reviewed on 2019/04/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Again, I'd like to do another review on this software in about 6 months. They've been helpful, but as of right now, there have been a lot issues that should never have happened.

Pros

I like that fact it checks me before I possibly make a mistake in a patient's chart by asking me if that's what I want to do. But I'd like to review this again in about 6 months. We've been live with it for a week only and that's not really enough time to give a complete review.

Cons

The migration didn't bring over a lot of information that should have followed patients, ie medical history, insurance information. This has had to entered in every time a existing patient comes in for a visit.

Response from iDentalSoft

Migration covers patient information, including medical history, insurance info and many others. Info may be mapped to different location or conditions that may affected some patients. Please communicate specific to Onboarding or Support. Also, we will have team reach-out for the detail.

Danny T.

Simple, intuitive, and complete software!

Reviewed on 2016/02/05

There are many advantages with this software including: instant real time remote login and ability to use the software as if you're in the office in front of the computer without the need to use log me in or team viewer, excellent customer and technical support, complete and thorough software to manage one or multiple offices, no monthly fees for support, easy to learn and use (intuitive like learning to use an iPad), easy to navigate without having to go through so many steps, and auto backup into the cloud so your data is safe. Also has a portal for patient registration that automatically inputs all patients' data into a profile so one less task for your staff to do making it a real time saver! Excellent product!

Jev C.

User for 1 year

Reviewed on 2017/11/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am currently trying to find something new.

Pros

Easy to navigate and customer support is great. I enjoy the features that gives me the power to control what my office staff can and cannot do. HIPPA compliant. Easy to access from home.

Cons

Not integrated with eprescribe/ all third party. I would like it to integrate into my CBCT scanner. My billing staff have issues with it.

Liane R.

Simple Software

Reviewed on 2017/12/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Software is simple to use and to the point for a small single provider office. A great starter software and allows you to advance to bigger programs with basic knowledge.

Cons

This is made for small single provider offices if one is not planning on advancing practice or merging .

Samantha W.

Idental has gone above and beyond to help our practice get up and running!

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

Pros

I love the ability to see a patient's chart from anywhere. Very easy to use and learn with unlimited technical support.

Cons

The only con we have experienced the printer needing to be set up in the software, but it is pretty easy once you learn it.

Jakima S.

Great functionality and user friendly

Reviewed on 2016/10/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Tested the product during search for new system updates.

Pros

The scheduling and payment communication features increases productivity and efficiency.

Cons

Just slightly out of my budget for nut practice size but easily a great choice for a practice with larger patient pool.

4.0/10
Lee H.

Not easy to use; complicated transactions that are not easily performed.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/07/21

Cloud based allows access form outside the office which is valuable; Very good at producing production reports.

Pros

Very clean looking; recent update improved some functionality. Buttons for bundled procedures are helpful

Cons

Not easy to perform routine functions; transactions are difficult to perform; reporting functions need improvement. Cannot generate accurate recall lists.

Response from iDentalSoft

Thank you for the review and we appreciate enhancement requests to meet your office flow. We have taken improvement steps to best suite all users. We continue to strive to meet expectation.