Justworks Reviews

Justworks

Web-based HR platform to manage compliance & payroll

4.7/5 (60 reviews)
Liam M.

The New Age of HR Administration (or lack thereof)

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

From the educational experience during the sales discovery process to the assistance and round-the-clock availability of our account manager, during onboarding and implementation, I was insanely impressed by the account management capabilities of such a young team.

Every JustWorks email is like a small monthly birthday gift where more often than not, they're rolling out a new feature or enhancement, potentially even one you recommended to the Product Team!

It's the exact type of engagement you would hope for out of a company focused on propelling the employee experience with a highly adoptable product that will continue to grow into a large presence in this space.

Pros

The ease of implementation and administration and as the title assumes, the lack of need of direct oversight of the process. New hires are able to very quickly and simply understand the navigation of the tool and streamline themselves through 90% of the pre-employment paperwork without need from the admin.

Just a simple user interface that allows you to intuitively find anything you need in regard to your daily life as an employee and really person within your organization.

Cons

Just some slight growth areas needed in terms of integrations and partners for them. As a young company, they have a bit to go before they can really offer the capabilities of a company such as ADP but what they offer in replacement of those makes it all worth it.

Coleen B.

Wonderful tool for our small business.

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

The set up process was very smooth and the customer support is excellent.

Pros

It is very user friendly. Easy to use, easy to maneuver as an administrator and user.

Cons

Nothing I have found yet......it all works very well.

Jessica O.

I use JustWorks everyday to keep track of all my HR needs. From payroll to 401K and tracking PTO.

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Pros

I love the ease of JustWorks platform. We used another PEO before switching to JustWorks and all reporting and features were third party integrations that never worked. JustWorks is a one stop shop and has updated access to anything and everything you may need. Their on-boarding process is detailed and customer focused and they even answered questions from my team about insurance concerns. They walked me through the transition step by step and were available immediately to answer any questions I had. I could go on for days about how much easier JustWorks has made my job!

Cons

Because JustWorks is so new, there are a few reports that they haven't implemented yet. We have a PTO accrual system that rolls over every year but maxes out at 96 hours (this changes based on goals) and JustWorks has no way to track this. Once a day is used, it can be recouped by working another month, encouraging employees to take time off. It's been difficult for me to try and track this and when asked about it, JustWorks said it's not something they have developed yet.

Alisha W.

JustWorks has been a lifesaver for our rapidly growing organization!

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

They have been an incredible partner. Great customer service and tools that help their clients reach new heights.

Pros

We love the easy functionality of the website. The time tracking and time off features have been great in implementing consistent policies. We employ people in multiple states so the work they do to manage the unemployment accounts in each state’s has really been the backbone that has allowed our rapid growth.

Cons

No real complaints. I wish there was an app to use on my phone but understand the security concerns with that. I also wish is auto generated PTO balances and paid employees out automatically when they are terminated in the system.

Anna ruth W.

Switched from Trinet, and never looking back

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Overall, it's benefitted employee engagement, increased efficiency and decreased costs. Basically, Justworks does what every HR software vendor claims to do, but very very few ever achieve.

Pros

The software UI/UX is lightyears ahead of stodgy, archaic software like Trinet. It's also modern and sleek, which makes my employees just feel good and more confident in using the system. It's so much easier to navigate and offers valuable, yet simple, features that amazingly - clunky systems like Trinet can't manage to code into their dashboards. For example, Justworks lets us direct deposit pay to contractors via the software (with Trinet we had to use a separate processing system like PayPal to pay contractors). It also includes a cool company calendar that employees can login to view upcoming holidays, paydays, etc. Finally, it makes requesting PTO seamless and actually fun for the end user. On top of it all - Justworks offers us cheaper insurance plans (which benefit's my team's pocket books) and is a fraction of the overall monthly fee.

Cons

It's really hard for me to find a con. The only one I can say is that they don't offer white-glove, concierge services to answer more "complex" HR questions. I've heard Justworks might be adding a professional services team to resolve this.

Brianna M.

Justworks Gives Me LIFE

Reviewed on 2016/12/12

I've used Justworks for a little over a year now and I adore it. They are always super helpful over the phone and email. I send them as many referrals as I can! I love that I can manage tons of contractors and schedule payments very easily. Their profiles make it easy for my employees to manage their settings and keep up to date with payments.

Pros

Very beautiful, easy to use, serves the purpose very clearly. I love that it was very quick to learn and keeps getting better. If I ever have questions about insurance my account rep is amazingly quick to respond and always helpful.

Cons

There isn't anything bad I can say!

K.l. N.

fabulous payroll software

Reviewed on 2018/12/28

yes Justworks is one of the best payroll/HR tool for US companies of all sizes. without a doubt you will be amazed by the experience and the service they offer.

Pros

we moved our payroll software from a old vendor to Justworks 7 months back. trust that was the best decision we could have taken. Right from the day one of transition we experienced fabulous customer service. the software itself was pretty easy to use both for the Admin and the employee. their Customer success ensure everything is smooth for you in the early days. their 24/7 Customer services is great place to get issues addressed. any company with as low as 2 employees can avail their service. they treat every customer the same way.

Cons

they do not have a mobile app for employees to access the paystubs and others stuff. that is a drawback.

Neil M.

One Stop Shop

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

Aside from my suggestion above, the overall experience is excellent.

Pros

I can do most of what I need with or employees on the platform...one of my favorite aspects of JW is the ease of onboarding new hires; from signup to payrolling and I9, it's 100% goof-proof!

Cons

It would be great if there was a Human Capital Management piece. We currently use PeopleGoal for performance reviews and feedback. If we were able to manage this process in JW, it would save lots of time and resources.

Ari M.

Helps small business!

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

Justworks is easy to use with its online platform and makes it easy for me to get all the information I need in the HR realm.

Cons

The customer service was very bad at first and caused me some big issues but they have slowly improved. They can get better but they have improved

Lauren G.

Absolutely love Justworks

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

Justworks has saved us from an incredibly outdated software which is an absolute behemoth and hard to use. Justworks makes me more efficient, reduces questions from employees and makes me feel confident that if I don't have the answer they definitely will. I would highly recommend making the switch.

Pros

Justworks is amazing. We have been onboarding them as we transition from TriNet and I could not be happier. They have answered every question--whether big or small. They have an amazing support team. I also was able to talk to someone from their HR support team, and they are super knowledgeable but also very nice and engaging without being dry. I feel like I am in great hands as we make this switch. The UI is also excellent and employees love how easy it is to use.

Cons

There are some minor glitches here and there that I will notice (i.e. display issues etc.), but the minute I tell them they get it fixed by EOD. I appreciate the swiftness in which they deal with problems.

Libia O.

Best PEO company ever!!

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

Always great and rapid customer service

Pros

It is very practical and easy to be used

Cons

Reports are getting complex and hard to choice what you really need

Stephen L.

It’s easy 🤷‍♂️

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

It’s been good. I used it as a contractor first and had a good experience so when I was setting up my own company it was an easy decision.

Pros

It handle’s all the stuff that you’d rather not think about... compliance, paychecks, insurance, etc. I mean, you have to set it up first, but they give you nicely organized resources to help you make informed decisions. And the if you do need to go back and reference things or make changes it’s all very accessible and their support is great.

Cons

I kind if wish they had natives mobile apps.

Easy way to handle payroll and benefits

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/08/11

Pros

- Easy to see and sign up for benefits
- Ability to split paycheck between multiple accounts however I want is great
- Pay stubs available whenever I need them is convenient
- Support staff has been responsive and helpful whenever issues have come up

Cons

Fees on employee 401(k) accounts are high for small businesses. Slavic 401k is their provider, and there really is a lot to like there - good fund choices and transparent fees chief among them. The setup fees are also low for the employer, which is great because it lowers the barrier to entry, making it easier for a company to offer that benefit.

The problem, however, is the fees that employees accounts get charged. If you're a new company with less than $600K in total funds amongst employee accounts, every employee currently gets charged 0.6% annually, plus a flat annual fee and fund fees on top of that.

While there are certainly more expensive options out there, that is still not a low number. A 0.6% drag on your 401(k) will equate to losing about 16% of your retirement balance due to all the lost compounding effects, and that's before any additional fees are factored in. That's not an entirely fair comparison because every 401(k) provider will cost something, but I wanted to highlight that 0.6% is not insignificant, even though it sounds small.

Overall, it's still significantly better than not having a 401(k) due to the tax benefits, but the 401(k) setup does throw pretty significant fees at the employees.

Gavriella W.

Provides the HR our small company needs

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

I love using Justworks to stay on top of days off, company scheduling, and personal documents. I feel comfortable knowing everything is in one place and keeping it all paperless.

Pros

Justworks has a great UX and is easy for our team members to use to navigate the company policy and structure, which isn't always obvious given our small and informal team.

Cons

Not much, but I find that the "time off" page can be a bit clunky/ doesn't have the smoothest navigation.

Anatoly G.

Justworks is a great HR Suite -- but make sure to watch the invoices!

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

We've had mostly positive experiences w/ Justworks, except for when we had issues w/ our benefits, at which point it became difficult to get to the root cause of the issue.

Pros

Justworks makes it super-easy to manage HR, payments to contractors, payroll and benefits. We use it to pay all of our vendors and Justworks handles all the IRS reporting for us.

Cons

It was tough to figure out some issues w/ our benefits and we went back and forth for a few weeks working on it w/ Justworks. It seems like they were just getting familiar w/ benefits themselves, so we were both climbing the learning curve.

7.0/10
Jan michael U.

JustWorks Simplifies the Way You Manage Payroll and Benefits

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/05/06

JustWorks is easy to set up and maintain. It's a great product to help companies become organized in their directory, payroll, and benefits.

Pros

1. It's very simple to use - It's a repeatable solution that can easily be adopted by anyone in the organization.
2. When it comes to tax season, being able to view your tax forms and paystubs is very easy.
3. The directory feature is excellent. I love that you can see peoples' profiles and be able to find people in your organization and their contact info easily.

Cons

1. Viewing benefits could improve quite a bit. It's good to see at a high level what the employee and employer contributions look like, but if I want to search for specific benefits within medical as an example, JustWorks does not really make it intuitive to search for what I need.
2. I wish that JustWorks can sync directly into Microsoft related products (i.e. Outlook for reminders, etc).

Neil T.

Just Works Review from Neil @ Green Blender

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

In the past, I've worked with other high-level systems. I find that justworks is geared more towards smaller companies and startups. Though the software is not as developed, I find that the customer service makes up for that. The justworks team is great and I feel that they are taking good strides to improve their system.

Pros

The notifications.

Cons

I can't create employee schedules for hourly employees nor track attendance.

Nick G.

Justworks more than just working

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Pros

Great CS team, very attentive. The interface is as easy as it needs to be-not solving climate change (unfortunately), looking to maintain employee satisfaction with as few clicks as possible.

Cons

The on-boarding could have been better...no biggie-we have worked through it.

Jennifer J.

Justworks is the partner you didn't know you need to have!

Reviewed on 2016/12/09

We found Justworks on a hilarious subway ad (ooh man are those advertisements great!) while on the way to a meeting to establish a contact with a paycheck company. We wouldn't stop thinking about them in that meeting! Since we began our partnership with Justworks everything is a little easier. Even when things don't go as quickly or as well as we expect, it is still always faster and more reliable than us doing it on our own! We are able to feel free and like someone (many someones's!) have our back all day and night long. As Justworks has grown and as we have grown as a company, we feel more supported and like they are more available all the time. It has truly been one of the most educational experiences of our business careers to have the wealth of information and giant well of support that is Justworks. Super bonus: anytime something does not work well for us, they offer an upgraded version to us (in other words, Justworks is always listening and looking for new ways to serve their customers so that the world is better served). THANK YOU!

Laura C.

Head of HR & Operations

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

Easy to set up & what makes the difference is incredible customer service! Looking forward to an easy year end close and issuing 1099s. Wish we could issue one time payments for vendors without setting them up as a vendor.

Pros

Easy use, great customer service.

Cons

Hours of accessing someone - we are in CA. Not able to do one-time checks.

Easy for employees to see admin stuff.

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Pros

It makes it easy for employees to see their paychecks, benefits and manage enrollment during the year. One less thing to worry about.

Cons

The additional service they offer are not actually very good. We tried using some of the random 'extra' services and they were a time sink. We spent over 3m and 6h of our time talking to people who were unable to resolve the billing issues they said they could help with. No idea if they even ever tried.

Jake P.

Fantastic Service

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

I love JustWorks and have referred many new clients. I will continue to do so!

Pros

This makes my life running (two!) companies so much easier by making HR hassle-free.

Cons

Missing a few small features like recurring payments and added metadata around transactions for accounting purposes.

Jerrod K.

Best Customer Experience I've Had

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

Justworks has provided easy payroll, expense reimbursement, and administrative services for our compliance issues. I have no plans of even shopping around for an alternative.

Pros

The customer support, whether via email or phone is unparalleled. It's hard to believe but I've called Justworks 20+ times and never had a negative experience. They're eager to help and solve your problems. Quickly.

Cons

Lack of options in health insurance plans.

Highly User-Friendly HR Management Software Especially Useful for Remote Employees

Reviewed on 2019/05/19

Great HR and Benefits Admin software that covers all the bases in a simple, straightforward platform.

Pros

The software is web-based, easy to use, and intuitive. The dashboard function that brings time, benefits, and other HR functions together is very convenient not only for the user, but also for the administrator. This software is especially great for PTO allocation over multiple geographical areas and job functions/roles.

Cons

It's a bit pricey for smaller businesses, but definitely not as pricey as staffing a person to take care of all of the functions it covers.

Noel W.

Fantastic PEO for a Nonprofit

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

Our organization made the switch from a different software (entirely not geared towards our needs and size) to Justworks at the end of 2015. We couldn't be happier with the results and the people that support us at Justworks.

Pros

It's easy to use.

Cons

Some issues with a visa employee.