Whip Around

4,9
Peter J.

All in one Fleet management System

Reviewed on 2020/03/23

Pros

Right from the start i found this software easy to use, easy to integrate and easy to maintain. It takes alot of the hassle out of Fleet management for the managers as well as the drivers. With the recent addition of the Maintenance section, we've been able to keep better track of upcoming services and certifications resulting in less down time for the fleet.

Cons

Customization of the reports would be a benefit as well as being able to assign annual inspection dates, for CVIP or other certifications, to vehicles instead of relying on the reminders section. having it auto populate in the maintenance section when due.

Abby W.

Productive and Compliance

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

My experience with Whip Around has been good. They are always responsive. They go out of their way to set up training in new releases and updates.

Pros

As a transportation manager and coordinator, I've been very happy with Whip Around. I only have a small fleet, the vehicles are offsite from the office and the maintenance team is offsite as well. This software allows us to coordinate between the different areas that are remote from one another.

Cons

I would only change one thing. It would be nice that the scheduled services could be linked directly to the PM and Lift inspections.

Tina C.

Great Program

Reviewed on 2021/01/07

Pros

The program is very user friendly, driver find the app easy to use. The programs allows us to ensure we are update to date with any faults and maintenances issues.

Cons

We have no issues at this time we are very happy with the program

Johnnie H.

Pre and Post Trip Reports

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

We just recently had a training conference call and webinar last week with members of our management team and Whip Around. They were very knowledgeable and informative. CSR was fantastic in answering all of our questions.

Pros

We use Whip Around every day for our Pre and Post Trip Inspections for our entire fleet which is about 30 trucks and drivers. It's very simplistic for the administrator as far as customization. And it's very easy for the end users (our drivers) to use. It also helps our Fleet Maintenance Department track faults and needed repairs.

Cons

Our company has been using this software for the last few years. However, being new to the company, I personally have only been using it for the past 5 months. But so far, I can honestly say, there's not too much this software is lacking.

Randi W.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2020/03/30

This software makes it extremely simple for me to monitor and manage my crews and their fleet on a daily basis. Because I am in the office, I am not on the front line with them daily, but with the help of this software it is like I am , in fact, out there with them because I know as soon as something is wrong. Or right for that matter! They submit to me daily an inspection of their vehicles giving me the piece of mind knowing that they are out there working and traveling safely!

Pros

The ability for me to know that my vehicles are maintained and in good condition on a daily basis, without me having to be out there inspecting them myself is great!

Cons

At this time there is no issue I have with Whip around and think that they development team is doing an exceptional job!

Kevin W.

Whip around review

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

We are very happy with the program

Pros

Easy to use, much better than paper, the dashboard is user-friendly, most importantly the system allows you to customize your forms giving you the data you want and eliminating the data you don't need, excellent program

Cons

My only issue with the software was my initial contact with the salesperson, he told me about a special offer that was much less expensive than the actual program cost, when I signed up for the program they knew who this person was and were upset that he made this offer, they were also unwilling to grant it to me. This was very frustrating but I like the program so much I signed up anyway

Response from Whip Around

Hi Richard!

Thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear about your early experience. Glad that the software is meeting your needs and that you are very happy with the program!

We look forward to a long term partnership.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Pat K.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Ease to a busy environment

Reviewed on 2019/07/05

Pros

In our day to day operations we have numerous people driving the same vehicle, keeping up with damage and missing inventory items - whip around asked the standard questions to every user giving us continuity with every inspection

Cons

Nothing - it has made our business operate much better

Bill P.

NO MORE PAPER!

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

The main benefit is that we are finding is that because of how quick and easy it is for the drivers to use the app we are finding that they are writing up more things and we are able to spot problems sooner. This allows us to save time on larger repairs down the road.

Pros

The ability to give our drivers the tools needed to report any problems they have with the equipment. It no longer takes a day for the Maintenance dept to get the paper DVIR's its instant. Once the driver submits it on the app it goes directly over, its that easy! I cant tell you the time and money that we are saving with this system.

Cons

None to add.............................

Response from Whip Around

Hi Bill!

Thank you for your feedback! We are so happy to hear how well Whip Around is working for you and your drivers. We appreciate your business!

Brance B.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/10/12

The customer support is outstanding, the setup is easy, the reports are super informational and everything’s great.

Pros

The ease of set up, use and train ability. This product is easy for drivers of all ages can operate the application.

Cons

The option to do more than one pre trip inspection on the same vehicle in one day without an alert notification asking if you are sure you want to proceed because an inspection has already occurred earlier that day.

Donald H.
Industry: Translation & Localization

Whip Around

Reviewed on 2020/08/18

It's great we are very happy we went with them & highly recommend the product.

Pros

Paperless product & easy to use. The support staff are great and easy to get in touch with

Cons

I wish they did more, but we've have found many uses for the software to help us manager.

Erik M.

Great DVIR app

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Pros

This app has let our drivers do their daily DVIR check and automatically notify our office and mechanics if there are any issues that need to be resolved (with pictures!)

Cons

There isn't much about the software that we dislike, but rather things that are lacking (at time of this review). Overall Whiparound has been pretty receptive with our input of suggestions and ideas, so anything on our short list of items to add will most likely be a future update.

Joshua S.

Great All Around Experience

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

I've been informed that the "Cons" that i have for this product will be addressed in a future release, and if so, i will not have any "Cons" regarding this product. The support group is very helpful and attentive. My account manager is always positive and on standby should i need assistance. I've received excellent feedback from the foremen and service truck drivers regarding the use of Whip Around. I would highly recommend this product.

Pros

- Ease of use for the management team as well as the individuals performing the software
- Very user-friendly interface on the desktop and mobile websites
- Easy enrollments via SMS invites in which, post-install, the login process is automated
- very easy product to train others on
- inspection forms are 100% customizable
- the support team has a very quick response time, while being very knowledgeable and efficient

Cons

- no expense tracking
- no option to set service reminders

Response from Whip Around

Thanks, Josh, yes, we have a new maintenance module coming soon where you will be able to set maintenance schedules and work orders.

Ivan G.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Visual Control

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

I am able to have full visibility of my fleet at any time. We are able to track mileage and damages by the way we have the forms set up. My overall all experience and opinion is excellence!

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use! The support staff on hand is also very helpful.

Cons

The exporting function transfers more information than we need. I am sure it works just fine outside of our specific usage.

Response from Whip Around

Thanks for your review. We have just updated the export function to address this.

April T.

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

We are a Heavy Haul company and this would be great if it was DOT certified

Pros

The ability for communication thru pictures and reports

Cons

Nothing - wish I new if it was DOT certified

Response from Whip Around

Hi April,

Thanks for your feedback and yes it is DOT certified. The software meet all of the FMSCA DVIR requirements. Key features of this include:
The driver being able to review the last inspection report and signing off on it prior to starting their next inspection.
Mechanics Signature on corrected defects.
Auto recording of time and dates, driver details, vehicle, location and carrier name.
Exporting functionality to breeze through DOT audits.

We strive to make sure our customers are kept compliant!

Darci U.

Driver accountability and satisfaction

Reviewed on 2020/08/23

Whip Around has become a core component of our maintenance program. We appreciate that we can see the miles remaining before PM service is due and that we receive an email reminder to service each truck when it is due for a PM.

Pros

Our drivers like this app for its ease of use. Our office loves this app for the hassle-free oversight it provides.

Cons

The ability to *ping* a driver to remind them to enter inspections would be nice, or some form of daily reminder.

Transportation Fleet Supervisor

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

We are getting our pre and post trips done. Mileage updated also.

Pros

Easy to use and you can set up your inspections as how your fleet is out fitted. Very good support and always willing to help with any problems.

Cons

Would be nice to have a space to put a bus out of service for a mechanical problem so the driver can see if it is in service or out of service right away.

Staying compliant

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

Pros

With Whip Around I stay updated with my fleets condition on a daily basis.
Every start and end of shift I get an updated review of the vehicles condition sent to my inbox. Their software allows me to review vehicle stats to keep me compliant.

Cons

not knowing UK laws regarding transport. But after speaking to the director, he took it all on board.

Response from Whip Around

Thank you for your feedback!

Chris A.
Industry: Construction

Whip Around is a great asset to our fleet

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

Very happy with ease of use

Pros

Easily lets drivers tell us if there are any issues with their trucks

Cons

Would be nice if it was linked to GPS so that a vehicle would not start unless Whip Around was performed with in 24 hours

Response from Whip Around

Thanks for the feedback Chris. We have an integration with Verizon Connect and other GPS providers. We also have an open API you can work with for your GPS of choice.

Meredith T.
Industry: Facilities Services

Perfect software for it's purpose

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

It's been a great tool for keeping on top of issues with our fleet.

Pros

How flexible it is with customizing to your specific requirements

Cons

Compatibility with mobiles needs a bit of work

Response from Whip Around

Hey Meredith!

Thank you so much for your feedback! Happy to hear everything is going great!

We are working on bringing more functionality to the mobile app for managers. Keep an eye out for the updates!

Steve T.

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

We have been able to track any faults with our equipment and allow for quicker turn arounds on repairs and maintenance.

Pros

I love the ease of use in the app, our employees had very little issues with converting to a digital vehicle inspection system.

Cons

I would like to have more preventative maintenance options and reminders

Response from Whip Around

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your feedback! We would love to talk more about the preventative maintenance and reminders options you are looking for. Let's catch up soon! Thank you for your business!

Shawn H.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Great product, User friendly

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

Great ap. We are very happy with the software.

Pros

The software is very simple to use. Easy to customize. Easy for the drivers to use. The only complaints we hear are from those that weren't doing the inspections do begin with.

Cons

I wish we would have had it sooner. It would be nice to have all the options for the original price.

Michael B.
Industry: Consumer Services

Whip Around Review easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

Whip Around has a great chat feature on the desktop that makes answering of questions simple. No phone calls needed.

Pros

Its easy to use. the phone app is great!

Cons

The picture icons are a little hard to understand during the building of the form.

Louis C.

Very impressed with Whip Around

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/03/13

Whenever I've had questions Whip Around was there to answer them and willing​ to work with me! Very impressed with the overall experience and would highly recommend​ to anyone needing this type of service

Pros

So simple to set up a profile and get your pre-trips done, once completed its automatically sent to your inbox for easy record keeping [set a rule within your inbox to have pre-trips sent to a separate​ folder, very handy]

Cons

for the size of our business,​​ I found $20 USD a bit much as we have a staff of 2 and a small fleet. But still worth it!

Response from Whip Around

Hi Louis!

We are thrilled to hear you are loving our software! Thank you for your feedback!

Jeff G.

No training required.

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

Inspections are saved electronically and easily retrievable by our drivers. No more copies of paper inspection forms to keep in the glove box.

Pros

Once you get it set up, the users just need to download the app and start doing inspections. No training required. Whip Around support is amazing too. Every time I reached out for help, they've gone out of their way to make sure we're good to go.

Cons

I wish I would have discovered it sooner.

Response from Whip Around

Thanks for the great review!

Jason S.

Great Software Program!

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Whip Around has allowed us to begin our process to move towards a completely paperless document system, and ease of access for our operators and drivers has been a plus. Our customers love the paperless reporting, and it looks very professional.

Pros

Customizable functions to meet your industry needs, document and record retention is a definite plus!

Cons

Creating a custom form can be a little daunting, but the team at Whip Around is always willing to assist with that.