3 587 reviews

André L.
Industry: Chemicals

Gathering people together

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

I have been using, configuring and deploying Microsoft Teams on the last two years, it is a very solid tool not only for communication, also for collaboration. With this pandemic situation, my company is working totally online, and Teams has been a awesome tool to provide Apps, meetings, dashboards, presentations, and the live event features are very impressive, if you go deeply on it, you have almost a television channel operating on your computer.

Pros

The integration with Sharepoint and Office 365 tools is really awesome, works very well, and also you can create and built-in Apps from Power Plataform inside your Teams's Group, and do not forget that you have all the Office 365 Apps to integrate within your groups (the number of the Apps will vary depending on your signature).

Cons

I believe that the price is not so good to medium/small companies, that probably will use a less professional tool, or a freeware with limitations.

Industry: Telecommunications

Microsoft Teams

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

I am satisfied with Microsoft Teams, as it provides nice way to chat with my colleagues and we are able to create additional channels via which we can check some information with another Team from our Organization, which can speed up our torubleshooting.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is great for one Team to stay in touch for instance or to conduct daily tasks via this Software. I use it daily to check on the possible next steps for some tickets, to help someone or to ask someone for help when I am not sure on the proper next steps. I also had meetings via it and also some trainings, for which I had option to download the videos, which is very good option. Also during those trainings, which were done via Meeting option, we were able to share our screens and compare our findings, which another great function of Teams.

Cons

Sometimes all of my Teammates appear as offline, even though we hear seconds ago and my internet was working normally ( for which I am extremely sure, because I have one Software which is extremely sensitive to the quality of the network on which it is being used and it didn't go down when Teams did ). Also, sometimes I am unable to share screenshots with my colleagues, as my pictures get corrupted during the upload.

Manoj K.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

All-in-one featured app for video conferencing, meeting and other business purpose

Reviewed on 2020/06/06

Every applications having it's Pros and Cons, but personally I love this app due to it's ease of access and fabulous graphical user interface. I already shared it's Pros and Cons above, I personally recommends you people who reading this post, it's value for money app and you won't get down after experiencing it.

Cons are exceptional, you still use it's most of the feature without that also. Once you get hand on it you experience it's ease and enhance feature.

Thank You Microsoft !!!

Pros

1. The most intelligent feature is the link between it's similar platform application i.e. Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer & Microsoft Outlook etc.
2. Compatible to use in any browser, desktop application and mobile (iOS & Android) app.
3. Sync is constant between Microsoft Outlook Calendar and Microsoft Teams Desktop app Calendar.
4. Easy to join meeting through the received link "easily re-direct from browser to installed app" or Join option available under the desktop app.
5. Organization previously used Microsoft Lync and Skype for Business which is with very less feature and after this application integrated then user easily migrated to it in very less amount of time.
6. In-built whiteboard feature is plus-point for using this app over other video conferencing app.
7. Even very impactful in low bandwidth internet connection.
8. During meeting presenter have full control over the meeting attenders which is too good feature.
9. Very easy and user friendly graphical user interface available in app to create or schedule new meeting or Live etc.
10. Raise your Hand feature is good recent integration for the app, if any Quiz contest or seminar conducted in the app then it's very helpful for presenter.

Cons

1. Must work upon the monthly patch / update of the app, due to this every month it required update.
2. If someone joined the meeting as a Guest then there is no any information available / appear in meeting.
3. Meeting Attendance "Analytics & Reports" must be enable for meeting presenter / owner.
4. Raise your hand feature must come up with little sound notification with serial number who clicked first.
5. During remote session most of the feature (specially pop-up option) get out control, which cause issue to solve user issue accordingly.
6. Must add feature to permanently disable web cam for the user profile for privacy.
7. Must remove the option to sync OneDrive to share any attachment with the colleagues.
8. Must add the feature in app to view the monthly calendar in single window like Microsoft Outlook.
9. Add-ins issue is common with most the client , sometimes it's missing in Outlook app.
10. Also enable an option to save recorded meeting in local drive instead of cloud.

Pierre louis F.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great collaboration tools

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

I use Microsoft Teams as principal collaboration tools for video calls, screen sharing and the apps is great. For example you can invite someone with any emails addresses in an online meeting even though the app isn’t install on his/her phone or computer ...it is easy to use in a web browser.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is a great tools, it is one of the app in the Microsoft 366 package (former office 365 ), you can use it for conferences call, sharing documents, creat group,...Microsoft announced Teams will replace Skype fo business summer 2021.

Cons

They could offer options to subscribe to Microsoft Teams as a stand alone app also, instead to pay for the whole Office 365 package.

Andrea L.
Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Skype and Sharepoint are combined in one tool

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

I have had a good experience, from the moment I use it for the first time until now it has been adding new functionalities making the experience much better by integrating everything necessary. I find it to be powerful and quite good software although it can be confusing at times because there is not much opportunity to "customize" the experience within it. It lends itself to work meetings, as well as for other moments of relaxation (backgrounds can be a lot of fun), I really like that it can block incoming video to conserve bandwidth a little better and also blur the background and focus only to the person speaking when the camera is activated.

Pros

I think it really is a Skype for Business that has been taken to a new level. I am really surprised by the integration it has with other tools, whether or not they are from Microsoft, like Jira, Trello, among others. In addition to the very good integration that it has with MS Office and that allows such naturalness. In addition, the channels where you can customize the tabs according to the content that is shared with the specific team is magnificent, having tabs with a Power BI dashboard for the specific team is wonderful and without having to leave the application.

Cons

Although I feel like a lot of Skype features were rescued, I miss a few others. The meeting notes cannot be taken directly to Onenote as it could be done with Skype, I miss the surveys that could be done during the meeting, as far as I can remember now. It happens to me with the "team sites" that sometimes I want to make them specific to an existing sharepoint and associate it with a particular team, but the team site is generated in parallel. The last thing that bothers me a bit, is in viewer mode I feel that the projections look very small and even when placing the full screen mode the presentations do not cover the entire screen of my computer.

Muzaffar A.
Industry: Oil & Energy
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A well-rounded corporate communication software

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

Overall MS Teams provides lots of nice features to communicate and collaborate.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is the most well-rounded corporate communication software.
- Best feature of it is of course the teams - customizable groups to communicate with a bunch of people, share files, post announcements and collaborate. Several people can work on a file simultaneously;
- It allows to message, share files, photos, tables with your coworkers. Also it is possible to work on the same file simultaneously within a chat;
- Voice and video calls are supported;
- Voice and video calls have lots of features and functionalities such as sharing screen, raising hand, sharing computer audio, video backgrounds, in-call chat etc;
- Calendar allows you to track your agenda;
- Integration with Microsoft Planner, OneNote, Excel etc. makes the life a lot easier.

Cons

- Notifications are sometimes unreliable;
- Collaboration of a file has lots of problems and is not reliable;
- The way chat window is organized does not serve all needs;

Aleksandar P.
Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great app for large companies

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Microsoft Teams is a great app for communication among company members as it's easy to use. It comes as part of Microsoft Office package which makes it a great value for money.

Pros

The fact that all 30.000 employees are just a few clicks away and that I can reach out to them in only couple of seconds is what I like the most. Teams also supports video calls and meeting rooms for up to 49 people which is the feature my team uses fairly often. Also, whole Microsoft Office package is connected to Teams which makes life much easier. Customer support is really good, I only had the need for them couple times and they were able to help me very quickly.

Cons

It is a fairly robust software, it is prone to bugs and crashes, although not very often. I also had one or two instances of app not being able to connect to server, making the app unusable, but it was quickly fixed thanks to the customer support.

Jeffrey S.
Industry: Insurance
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Teams is a tool for video meetings and integrates well with other Microsoft products.

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Overall, Microsoft Teams meets the need of our organization for chat and conference calling.
It has some fun features that allow virtual video backgrounds. It also has both phone and PC based calling available.

Pros

Teams has an easy to understand interface and gives the user flexibility to use on their PC, mobile phone, or tablet. It is a quick way to communicate via call, conference, or text message. The screen sharing feature works well. It automatically syncs with your calendar in Microsoft Outlook. It also works well with Office Online and Microsoft OneDrive.

Cons

The status tracker does not always change from inactive to active when you are online. It is hard to track chat messages when you are sharing your screen. Sometimes audio gets choppy when many participants use the video chat feature.

Max B.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Better than zoom and other meeting software

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

Overall I think MS Teams is the most complete and stable software to apply for constant use. It gives you as a customer several basic opportunities to stay connected with others and integrate with more products of Microsoft, such as Word, Excel and others.

Pros

Microsoft teams is not only an application in which you can meet with colleagues and others. It is also an application in which you can easily share documents and other files. Besides that you can track progression in documents and keep others posted about what you just edited.

Cons

In the beginning, right after the implementation, a lot of meetings in which I participated produced a lot of weird noises that made it hard to understand each other. Another annoying thing I experienced was the fact that after I updated the software my audio settings were changed. Eventough it's easy to change te settings back, it is kinda annoying that it happens every time after the update.

Partha protim P.

Microsoft Teams Review

Reviewed on 2020/11/26

We use Teams at an organization level and it has replaced Skype completely. It is lightweight and is good for real time meetings. But there are certain drawbacks such as chat history (gets deleted without any warnings). These drawbacks need to be resolved for a much better experience.

Pros

It is from Microsoft. So, we can always expect the best. It is lightweight and can also work well with slow bandwidths. It allows presentation mode, video recording and the recordings are available in cloud along with the transcripts! It can also be integrated with MS Outlook for organizing meetings and checking status.

Cons

Due to some recent updates, I am not always able to find the record option which creates panic during the meeting. The product team should fix this in their next update. Moreover there should be an option to save chat transcripts. They get deleted automatically without any warnings.

James S.
Industry: Education Management

Teams is the "Go-to" digital connection for schools

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

Teams is an amazing tool for today's educational platform. We use it everyday to communicate and teach not only students learning from home but the students and faculty on campus.

Pros

Teams is the best option for all in one school communications. Now that so much of education is online and/or from home, TEAMS gives us the ability to connect to every student and every teacher whether they are on campus or in Digital Academy.

Cons

The learning curve for TEAMS is a little steep as it is so robust.

Lisa S.
Industry: Accounting

Not Zoom

Reviewed on 2020/12/30

I love being able to instantly chat, call, video chat and collaborate with colleagues. Just need it to work with Bookings and multiple accounts.

Pros

Chatting instantly with Teams members adds the “down the hall” feeling of being in the office. Being able to see and hear improved collaboration!

Cons

Switching between accounts is too cumbersome and Teams meetings created from desktop Outlook result in no one being able to start the meeting when you have multiple accounts. I NEED this to work with Office365-Bookings, but for multiple accounts! Prospects that sign up for a meeting under one user name try to log in to the meeting with their business account inly to never arrive.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Lucas H.
Industry: Education Management

Mature, effective, empowering: a collaboration hub for teamwork

Reviewed on 2021/01/04

We began using Teams several years ago, and do not have full adoption in the organization. On some project teams, though, the app has become an essential collaboration platform and I would regret returning to email for this work. That's not to say that we have ditched email; far from it. Both types of communication have their strengths.

Pros

Since we began implementing Teams, I particularly have appreciated the effort the developers have invested in making notifications manageable. My favorite uses for this are one-on-one chats with colleagues and team conversations around an issue or document. Being able to link in a SharePoint file rather than creating a new copy of it is an essential feature that makes this work.
I find the interface more pleasant and understandable than that of Stack, even though the latter is a more efficient layout.

Cons

Teams is apparently envisioned as the one place where work can happen, combing communication, file editing, and file management features. (Plus lots of other apps that have Teams extensions.) In reality, Teams is not nearly as fast or as efficient as using the Windows Explorer and desktop apps for managing and creating files.
The integration with Planner is less powerful than I wish, but I believe that's due more to Planner's technology than Teams'.

Castro M.

Best Team Collaboration Tool

Reviewed on 2020/12/15

My overall experience with Microsoft Teams has been awesome. I have been using Microsoft Teams to have meetings at work, to have voice and audio chats with family, friends and my colleagues at work and to host events. Everything has been running smoothly thanks to Microsoft Teams.

Pros

I like how I can share screens with my audience while demonstrating something, this makes it easy for my audience to be on the same page with me. I also like how one can mute background noise while on call. This is a very cool feature on Microsoft Teams as it makes you audible enough to your audience and avoids unnecessary noise coming from your background. I also like the fact that one can do a live call on Microsoft Teams. It is very cool to do both one on one meetings and at the same time also host live events on Microsoft Teams. I also like how they have the "raise your hand feature that allows the audience to raise their hands if any one has a point of concern or anything they need clarification for. I like how I can easily record my calls for future reference. I also like the fact that I can share files on Microsoft Teams and also edit them on the platform.

Cons

Sometimes admitting someone into a meeting becomes a challenge; you find that even after admitting someone to a meeting it keeps saying "admitting failed". I think Microsoft Teams should work on ensuring that the person responsible for admitting new members into a meeting is the admin or the person that scheduled the meeting, instead of making everyone responsible for admitting new members.

Matthew D.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Teams has kept our team functioning at the same productivity while working remotely

Reviewed on 2020/12/19

We were separated because of the pandemic stay-at-home orders, but quickly came back together through Microsoft teams.

Pros

*Super easy to figure out how to use - very intuitive, even for low-tech users.
*Allows people outside our organization to easily join on an invited video chat.
*The video chat feature allows us to have a daily team huddle each morning and keeps the team together and motivated.
*Teams allows us to have "chats" with user-defined groups. So every project has its own chat-channel. PLUS it integrates shared files into share-point.
*Integration to other Microsoft products is helpful (Sharepoint, Outlook, and more).

Cons

*It was a little buggy integrating into my Outlook. I had to spend hours trying to get the two integrated and was fixed through some complicated settings I had to find.
*It currently doesn't have break-out chat-rooms (taking a large group and dividing them into smaller groups). I had heard they are going to add this feature - but it is not yet available.
*Since we present to youth, we need the ability to turn off chat-features to each other during presentations. This is not available like some competitors. Large-group webinar features seem to be lacking.
*When we have our whole staff of 27, there are times it can lag and have choppy delays. Note: We are not sure if this is our internet bandwidth of Teams.

Jon A.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

At last! Teams is now the defacto standard for collaboration

Reviewed on 2020/11/26

Having use countless, similr solutions like Slack and WebEx, at last MS comes up trumps with a super, seamlessly integrated product in Teams. Having used Cisco WebEx and Slack, I was dubious about using teams, and when it was rolled out, I realised just how brilliant its become. I always derided MS products as being a but clunky and unable to compete with some of the "cooler" brands, but I am happy to report Teams has changed my mind.

From the way you can just start a call right from teams, to how you can bring people in to your call, share files stored in SharePoint and create public and private groups - it's just so quick and easy.

Now it's not to say everything is perfect, there is room for improvement like making it easier to customize your background without having to root around in the System32 folder (danger!). But for flexibility, collaboration, instant messaging, file sharing, conference calling and integration into the MS suite, you just don't need products like WebEx anymore, and I have also uninstalled Slack.

Genuinely impressed.

Pros

So easy to start a conference call, simple to schedule from Outlook, great conferencing features and IM tools. Integration with Yammer is great!

Cons

Some features need looking at, especially notifying the person who may be on mute for example, as well as having better capability on the whiteboard.

Teri D.
Industry: Veterinary

Microsoft Teams - A Necessary Communication Tool

Reviewed on 2020/11/23

We were able to replace a plethora of other software with one, Teams! We replaced our virtual meeting software and our intraoffice messaging app; and we've come up with a solution for our need to "text" all of our employees at once and have all of the responses come back to everyone. I know there is so much more that we could be doing with Teams, but the best part is that all of these communications are saved in one place. No more searching texts and emails and etc looking for communications. They are all in one place and they are saved until you delete them!

Pros

I love the variety of ways to communicate with Teams. We recently set it up to be our primary tool to be able to communicate with our entire staff on one platform that allowed for a group message with the number of employees we have. We have Teams on our computers and our phones, so there are a variety of ways to reach out to employees. I have also made sub groups of employees for communications that are only pertinent to them. Our corporate ownership is now using Teams to hold virtual meetings and it is working great!

Cons

Sometimes the set up can be a bit confusing, but the technical help we've received has been top notch.

Industry: Fund-Raising

Easy to use, well integrated, could do with some additional features and options

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

Like a million other people we have had to move to online meetings and transactions due to the Pandemic. There are other tools, and some of them are probably better for the video meetings aspect, but only Team has that integrated approach, especially with O365 etc. so overall the experience has certainly been positive. I have also found it to be very reliable, with almost no technical issues.

Pros

The biggest strength, by far, is the integration with other Microsoft applications, and in particular messaging and Sharepoint. Whilst the video function is probably the part I use the most, I especially like the fact we can work together, share files and chat all in one place.

Cons

The interface is a little too basic, but my biggest gripe is the lack of customisation, especially on simple things like video. For example, why can't I move the video windows around? Why can't I enlarge one, and reduce another? If you look the competitors, they all offer a bit more of a customised user interface. My second grumble is the disconnect between a team, a chat, and video call....why can they not be combined?

Khadija H.
Company size: Self Employed

Microsoft Teams Review

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

I created and assigned homework to your students with Microsoft Teams
In my lessons, I use the "General" channel for planning and running the lesson. I announce the homework for the week (attaching the necessary files). Students ask their questions directly in the discussion thread. This has several advantages:

Students can answer questions from their colleagues.
Students can refer to it easily. This saves me from responding to multiple emails with the same question.
The questions asked become an indicator of the notions on which I will have to insist at the beginning of the next course.

Pros

Microsoft 365 Teams has the following main benefits:

- A conversation including text, sound, videos and the ability to share files;
- A private conversation, ideal for developing an idea and then sharing with the entire organization;
- Storage of all files, documents… in one place! ;
- Integration of your favorite applications: Trello, GitHub, Planners, etc.
- A possibility to connect to Sharepoint and OneDrive, with importing files from one tool to another;
- A 100% free version;
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS and Android.

Cons

- One of the downsides of the Teams encryption process is that it is completely controlled by Microsoft, not your organization. If data-at-rest protection is important to your organization, you might want to look at third-party protection technologies, such as CASB, as well.
- While integrations with third-party applications can be seen as a benefit for users, they do not make it much easier for administrators.
- This is not a real drawback, but rather a source of thought: what is the difference between Yammer, Office Groups and Microsoft Teams? And how many different platforms will Microsoft develop further?

Microsoft Teams is known to have a host of features that its predecessors and other apps did not. The future will tell whether Microsoft Teams will manage to continue on this path, but for now, it remains the premier digital hub for effective cooperation.

Megan S.
Industry: Real Estate

Coordinate Remote Teams with Relative Ease

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

Teams has been an asset to my company during our transition from working in the office to working remotely from home. As an extension of our existing Office 365 platform, we were able to efficiently set up an effective remote communication channel that gives us access to shared docs, conversation channels + meeting recordings.

Pros

As a company with multiple departments, it was great to find a platform that allowed us to efficiently organize communications between specific departments and project teams. Being able to record our meetings and save them has also been a huge plus -- and having everything integrated into our existing outlook accounts was a major bonus.

Cons

Screen-sharing can be glitchy if you are trying to conduct a meeting using the web browser. If you are going to be sharing a presentation, I highly recommend doing so via the desktop app. The platform itself took a bit of getting used to -- the initial set up required a lot of tutorial watching to get the hang of. It would be nice to be able to add individuals to sub-channels only without giving them access to the entire team.

Andrew C.
Industry: Publishing

Perfect for Staying Connected in 2020

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

Teams has been a great tool for our company to share messages, whether between two people, a division of people, or across the entire company of 100+ employees. Our company switched over from Slack as we grew in numbers, and while the UI has taken a bit of time to become acclimated to, Teams has been invaluable for us for all of the available features and the integration with Outlook calendars and our other Microsoft applications.

Pros

Teams has been perfect for my coworkers and me in 2020 when everyone is working remotely. We can effortlessly communicate with one another through the chat feature. We have created teams for our various work teams, departments, societies, and even for interests outside of work. Teams has enabled us to continue our biweekly meetings directly in the app. In a training session the other week, through screensharing I was even able to take control of the other user's screen, which was a remarkable feat. Teams also connects seamlessly with our Outlook calendars, which is a great deal of help when someone is asking in the channel about my availability or when a Teams meeting is on the horizon.

Cons

My only real con with Teams is that I wish it were easier to set a status - the status auto-changes to away after five minutes and sometimes has issues coming back to available. Any away or out of office statuses aren't as readily visible as I would like. The UI overall could be a bit more user-friendly.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Microsoft Teams is a best tool for collaboration

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

Its been 2 years since I started using Microsoft Teams. I have been using it daily throughout my job activities like attending daily meetings, scheduling meetings, collaborating with team members by sharing thoughtful information and posting announcements in groups or required information in chat and file sharing. Teams has made my day to day activity more easy and productive. Also I have been recommending Teams for almost every other person.
Apart from those, the bright part is that I could use almost all the features the same way through mobile app as in Web and that becomes quite easy to handle any job activities remotely. Also it had driven me to explore and use many other apps that's being easily synchronized within the Teams application.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is a very user friendly application with plenty of features in it. The feature that I mostly been using are the Calendar where I schedule all my daily meetings so quickly and the Team groups where I use to collaborate with my team members and post any announcements. Along with that, the most liked feature is the Search bar where I can search for not only users and messages but also files. One other major impactful feature is the SharePoint and Microsoft Stream integrations, were in all the call recordings are being stored automatically which is almost required for me all the time.

Having experienced, the meeting and the call quality was absolutely great with desired options like sharing screen, call recording, audio and video device setting options along with the Meeting notes added to it, making it more successful.

Cons

Though the Teams application doesn't have any major dislikes of any feature, rather it can have improvements in user interface likely having more templates, chat background images or color, though it has three background template options. It can also have voice message option, since I felt that's the only feature missing out here, were in now we can send voice message only when there is an unsuccessful call attempt.

Also, any updates that are done being in background, which is otherwise a good thing, but that makes less visibility to any new feature or improvement added unless or until seen. So, I would suggest to have update notes or after the update just an automatic tour on the improvements.

Teddy W.
Industry: Insurance

A Productivity Platform for Microsoft Stack

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Over experience with Teams has been good but that may be because I am a Windows Admins, and is familiar with the Office365 stack. For OOBE Teams will do fine, but it does require some oversight, which is not what some chat competitors (Slack) require. However, this only applies to the chat module and not the entire Teams platform.

Pros

For Business use, you generally get MS Teams if you have Microsoft 365 Business Basic or any of the higher plans. Teams is Microsoft's platform solution to collaboration and productivity, which people often mistake it for something else (point solution for 1 requirement: Chat, or conferencing, or calling tool). Teams has received a series of features rollout in 2020 due to the pandemic, and has made it much better from a UX perspective (although still lacking compared to some chat competitors).

Depending on your licensing Teams also provide more than just chat/call, including but not limited to Audio Conferencing, Soft Phone (Cloud hosted), Channel Collaborations, file hosting (SharePoint backend), integration with major vendors. If embraced, Teams can become your primary app for day-to-day business producitiy work for regular users.

Since MS Teams is the focus for O365, lots of Teams hardware are also being developed which may intrigue more techie end users.

Cons

1. Licensing may confuse people not familiy with Microsoft SKU. Hopefully you are working with a VAR or MS Licensing Expert to get your started.
2. UX as I mentioned is very poor in some aspects, but have improved considerably last few quarters.
3. File sharing can be improved. Users not familiar with OneDrive/SharePoint will have very messy permission schemes very quickly.
4. Administrators have a tough time managing Teams creation, due to requirements with Office365 Groups. This can only be disabled via PowerShell as of writing this review.
5. Integrations with most apps are very poorly done, and is often detrimental to productivity instead of improving it. This is probably a problem with the MS Teams app than the integration itself.

Chethan M.

Review of Microsoft Teams

Reviewed on 2020/10/11

Microsoft Teams is a very good Knowledge Management tool with very nice Instant messaging and Collaboration features.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is a very nice Instant messaging and collaboration software. Microsoft Teams is getting popular and many organizations have slowly started implementing the same. Microsoft Teams includes very nice features like Instant messenger which useful for the employees to chat with other co-employees within the same organization quickly and getting answers when needed. The other features are Calendar which allows the user to quickly schedule meetings, plan there schedules, Join the meetings with Audio & Video and also one can easily share their desktop or applications during the meetings. Microsoft teams also allows to have group conversations, get notifications on the chat messages, one can easily share screenshots or images during the conversation for quick clarifications, Wiki allows more than one person edit and update on the fly. One can also add the attachments required during the conversations. Microsoft Teams can be accessed through the software installed or using Browser to quickly join the meetings. One can also add other small applications within Microsoft Teams for better collaboration among the teams. Microsoft Teams also has a mobile app which allow the user to quickly join the meetings.

Cons

Microsoft Teams though very popular also has few demerits. Microsoft Teams is a proprietary product and it is a paid tool. It also has limited free version but not preferred by organizations. There are issues like Audio disturbances and sometimes it take too much time to join the meeting as the application need to load initially. In big organizations there will be more than one Instant messenger and this can create confusion. Most companies already has Skype and have started with Microsoft Teams & both do not sync and update status during meetings.

Sameer C.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Microsoft Teams- The best and safe alternative to Skype for Business from Microsoft.

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

Well, my overall experience with this software has been really amazing so far , this product is so good that all of our client meetings have shifted from other alternative platform to Microsoft teams in the last 1 year. A big thanks to the Teams support team for being proactive in sending latest updates with bug fixes and eventually I noticed that even the speed issue is now slowly eardicating from the software. Thanks again to microsoft for making our life easier and intergrating a whole lot of applications and process under one umbrella.

Pros

Teams is essentialy one another great product from Microsoft in last couple of years. When I say great, I specifically wanted to shoutout for its exclusive features like file sharing on the cloud for the whole team that makes it the only platform where a team within a company can update files in real time and moreover have team video calls with just a click of a button.

We can also use application lice Azure boards and Jira clouds to prepare these files within the teams. Thanks to this integration, now I don't have to open these application altogether outside and thus Teams helped to manage and work on all these application within one integrated application.

Cons

The one con I particularly noticed was related to the speed with which Teams work. To illustrate with the help of an example, when I used to switch from the "Teams" button to the "Files" button real quick , at times it used to take a lot of time in switching and because of which ultimately a lot of my time gets wasted. Also, if we quickly tap on 3-4 buttons in one go without waiting for the system to slowly switch from one to another, the appliucation used to show "not responding" and used to abruptly close down in one go. Thus speed is the only part that i noticed is a bit slow in this software product.