SignUpGenius Reviews

SignUpGenius

Volunteer management & event planning made simple.

4.6/5 (849 reviews)

Flexible tool, recent update was a set back.

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

When looking for a powerful and flexible tool for managing signups for a small organization, there is no competitor out there that beats SignUpGenius. We have used other tools and tried ones that offered the moon but failed to deliver. SUG has been capable at its core competency and allowed us to drive and find ways to use it more fully and successfully. Reliable compared to other systems, it does take some time to learn if you truly want to be an expert at it - as does any system, but it is worth the time spent.

Pros

We use SUG for such a variety of volunteer and meeting/appointment management we have probably explored most of the features to their fullest. The flexibility to adapt the various types of signups used for different types of opportunities and extending the signups using forms and notifications is powerful. The service can handle a pretty heavy load as we've pounded it with over a hundred signups in under five minutes for things like Parent-Teacher Conferences.

Cons

The few types of signups you have available are powerful but not necessarily intuitive and you have to think about how you want the signup to look like and how the signup will flow for the user, leading to some trial and error when you first begin. The requirement for time slots to have a start and end time, makes it tricky to use for items that are just at a particular time, like dropping off items for a bake-sale, but other open ended signups don't read right.
Particularly because our primary type of signup is time-slots, it took us a bit to get used to and understand the process of creating the day and time on which something is occurring, then add the slot that is happening at that date and time. The recent updates attempted to combine the pages on which those two steps occur, but make it even harder to intuit out how to attach the two items together.

Response from SignUpGenius

Thank you for your thoughtful review. If you ever need advice or assistance when creating your sign up, don't hesitate to contact our Support Team. They will be happy to offer suggestions as you get started. You can contact the team here: https://www.signupgenius.com/support

Thank you for using SignUpGenius!

7.0/10
David M.

Very good, but...

Reviewed on 2019/03/16

Pros

Easy to use, customer friendly, ability to send mass communications

Cons

Cannot delete users from a signup. For me, this is a major design flaw. As a business, I don't understand why signup genius does not have a functionality for deleting users' access to signups. Even though there is a delete function, it is misleading in that users still have the ability to access signups even when they are supposedly "deleted" by accessing through their initial e-mail invite. Customer Service's response is that in order to deny access, new signups need to be created that are not accessible by "old" users. Well, this is much easier said than done. I don't want to be managing multiple signups. I use one signup as a dynamic scheduling tool for users coming on and off our schedule. Having multiple schedules targeted towards different user groups is an extremely cumbersome solution, requiring managing schedules over multiple signups- way too complicated. As a result, to me this is a major privacy issue in that unwanted users now have access to a signup, even though they are supposedly "deleted". I don't understand why Signup Genius allows this, unless they are marketing to all potential users and never want to lose the Personal Information.

Response from SignUpGenius

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. To clarify, you can delete participants from a sign up. You can also remove participants from your groups so that they do not receive future invites associated with your sign ups/account.

However, once you take the action to send an invite to a group member, there isn't a way to recall that invite that has already been sent. If the invite is sent to that group member's email account, the only way to delete that invite would be to delete the email from their account. Since SignUpGenius does not have access to the person's email account, there isn't a way to delete the access to the sign up from the invite they received, unless the sign up is deleted. We apologize for the frustration this issue caused for you.

Kristina B.

PTA parents have the answer - take it from them and get this

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/06/15

Easy for organizers and volunteers, it sends automatic reminders and lets people choose their own roles. Wouldn't run an event without it.

Pros

You know who has cracked the code for volunteer sign up? The pros, the ones who live in the trenches of bringing people together to get stuff done - I'm talking about parents and teachers of young children. The PTA president, the room parent- the poor soul who got stuck organizing the spring auction again this year. Use their knowledge and get this great freemium tool that is really easy for volunteers and organizers with lots of reminders and communication tools on both sides. It has automatic reminders, and people can change their own roles. Matching people to the right role is the art of volunteer management - let them choose their job and stop herding cats and managing spreadsheets. I am currently using sign up genius to manage volunteers for a music festival, our events person used spreadsheet last year even though I shared this tool so when I took it over I was sure that this site was my first stop. I can see that the pro functions are really useful and we are not big enough to need them but if we did they would be fully worth it.

Cons

I wish I could email everyone that signed up since my last email for a volunteer sheet that is open for longer than a few days.

Response from SignUpGenius

Thank you for your kind review, Kristina! We love hearing how SignUpGenius helps you manage volunteers.
You can email sign up participants any time up to 30 days after your event has ended. To do this, go to "Messages" on the left side of your Sign Ups page and click"Compose".
Choose: Email people participating in a sign up.
Click the white button to select the sign up from the drop-down list of sign ups.
Click 'Ok'
Select the white Select People button and
choose to send the email to those who have signed up.
Enter the text of your email, click "Preview and Send" and send your message.
If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to contact our Support Team: http://www.signupgenius.com/help

Sarah M.

The Ultimate Organization Tool

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Connecting with families has never been more difficult and this tool optimizes everyone's time by being efficient and reducing the amount of time that we need to send and collect information.

Pros

For a long time, our program not only struggled to get volunteers for events, but struggled to reach the volunteers to give them information about an event. We tried manually e-mailed, paper sign up copies, giant bulletin boards in the hallway, and it seemed as though we always missed people. It also left a lot of leg work for us. Enter SignUpGenius! The best part about the website is that its EASY to navigate and it is so fast to create a sign up for an event. You essentially write a small blurb about the event and then choose the template that best meets the needs of your event--whether it is one day or more, one-time slot of several and the number of volunteers. Then, you can either upload your contacts to their website, or create a link that you can send out.

We use SignUpGenius for every event! It sends the admin e-mails when someone has signed up so that you can keep track of how your doing. The very BEST feature is that it automatically sends out a reminder about the event to everyone who has signed up. This has saved us more hours than I can count! After the event is over, it archives it so you still have the information to refer too.

Cons

There is very little that I dislike about SignUpGenius and most of it is just more annoying than anything. While SignUpGenius is free for users, they do have a "Pro" edition that you can choose to pay for. This includes photos to use for your event posting or specific additional features. If you click on them accidentally, it will prompt you to sign up for the Pro edition. Not a big deal, just a nuisance, and sometimes its uncertain as to why these are paid features.

Marcy Y.

Simple organizational tool to manage people & stuff!

Reviewed on 2019/07/20

We've started using sign up genius for almost all of our volunteer events, staff events and community collections/drives. It makes it so easy to know what still needs to be collected or staffed. I love that it automatically sends reminders to people about what commitments they have made so that I don't have to manually send those any longer. Generally, its very easy to use and super friendly for the end user.

Pros

I love how simple this is for an administrator but also the end user. I've never had anyone say they couldn't figure out how/what to do. I also appreciate that the users can alter their own sign ups for the items or people they are committing to an event. Plus being able to copy events or sign ups over from year to year makes the planning & implementation process quick.

Cons

I think that the ads and the limited themes are understandable but annoying. Also, there are some set up limitations that can make more complex events cumbersome to set up. Plus if you have to make changes once you go-live, it can be prohibitive.

Quick and Easy to Setup

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

Pros

SignUpGenius is fairly straight forward sign up website. I use it on a regular basis to create sign up pages for various classes that my company hosts. They have tons of themes and templates that you can use to customize your sign up page to fit your needs. It's comprehensive on set up as well as sign up for class attendees, the website doesn't ask for more information than name and email. They also do not require attendees to create an account to sign up which makes it easy for our company to use and keep track of class sign ups. The best part is that you can use the software for free so that's definitely a plus for me!

Cons

The interface isn't the easiest and most comprehensible to use on the set up side. The organization of older sign up pages is really messy and there doesn't seem to be an order to it. You would think that they'd be in order from newest to oldest, but it isn't. Plus, it doesn't seem to have an option to delete posts after so many years which would be nice. However, we use the free version of this software so considering that we aren't paying for this these are very small issues.

Response from SignUpGenius

Hi there,

It may be helpful to know that you can manage how your created sign ups display in your account. Go to the far right of the created sign ups are, where you will notice a Gear icon. From that icon, a list of drop-down options will be available to you to show past sign ups or unpublished sign ups. You can also choose to show sign ups in ascending or descending order.

To delete a sign up you created, locate the sign up in your Created sign ups area.
Click the ellipsis icon (...) to the right of the sign up. You will see an option to delete the sign up. If you choose this option the next screen will confirm the deletion of your sign up.

I hope these tips help you manage your account better.

SignUp Genius

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/01/31

This is a great tool that can be used for event organizing purposes. I personally used them to schedule appointments with my students and for event RSVP's. I loved using it to schedule appointments, because it allowed me to indicate only my available times; each user was able to book only one time; and no other users were able to pick already chosen options. Their interface isn't very user friendly and user appealing though; I wish they have more customization options available.

Pros

- its a very easy to use application (easy to use for organizers and participants)
- great to use to sign up people to events, appointments, meetings
- mass email communication feature (thought I haven't been using it much, because isn't delivered from your actual email address)
- its free!

Cons

- inserting emails is a complicated and time consuming process
- very limited design customization options (the interface isn't very user friendly)
- there is some learning curve to set the event up (time options, etc.)

Response from SignUpGenius

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. We will be releasing some updates to the interface this year that I think you will find exciting!

Our site allows users to import email addresses from several address books. We currently support uploading email addresses from Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, Windows Live accounts, Outlook and CSV files.

If your emails are not in an address book or are in an address book that is not supported, we recommend that you export the email addresses into Excel from your mail program. You can then copy the column of email addresses and paste them into the SignUpGenius input box. Please make sure you copy email addresses only with no names.

Please contact our Support Team if you have questions: [email protected]

Toni H.

Convenient and Great Tool

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

I will continue to use it because it is convenient and a tested and true method that people do use it in my organization. Plus, it has become somewhat of a household name in our school to see signup genius come to their inbox.

Pros

There are flexible options as well as multiple options when using this tool for creating sign ups. I use it a lot for so many event sign ups for my school and classroom community. I love that it also lets you sign up easily but also sends reminders if people chose to input their emails, etc.

Cons

Some of the scheduling slots are confusing, it is still not clear, even with the update.

Tim B.

SigUpGenius for Volunteer Firefighters

Reviewed on 2015/03/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We use online sign-up sheets for a volunteer fire department with over 100 firefighters assigned to five different stations. Most of us have full-time jobs outside of being firefighters, so finding a way to coordinate activities in a fair and consistent way was time consuming and quite challenging. Online sign-up sheets from SignUpGenius streamlined our process, while making it very easy for our firefighters to use. We post a sign-up sheet electronically ,and it is instantly available to everyone. At the same time, one person can manage the sheets remotely, so it eliminated the need for paper sheets and multiple trips to stations to post, review, and collect those sheets.

Cons

What's not to like about the capabilities of this way of doing online sign-up sheets? The creators of Sign Up Genius built a product that takes a complicated process and makes it a smooth operation. It is so easy to use that there is seldom a need to ask for help. Then the friendly folks at Sign Up Genius are lightning fast to response on the rare occasions when you need help.

Elizabeth E.

SignUpGenius- made a recent project SO MUCH SIMPLER.

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

It helped me stay more organized and allowed my event go smoothly and successfully! I would definitely use it again for future endeavors and events that require a potluck meal or supporting someone who needs food brought to them, etc. I can see how helpful it would be for personal needs also.

Pros

I like that I am able to have a live record of what different volunteers were offering to bring and do for a recent gathering. It took the details out of my hands and empowered my volunteers to make things happen.

Cons

I wish that there were some more customizable features and I wish that the emails did not often end up in my volunteers' junk inboxes, which made it hard for them to receive reminders in the days leading up to the event.

Great tool for organizing and scheduling groups

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Pros

Really great for organizing groups. For instance, I use it often to have people sign up to bring items to an event. It's also great if you have an event and want to sign people up to be in charge of specific things at specific times during an event. For instance, if you want someone to man a table for a specific shift. It is very easy for the participant to sign up and the organizer to manage.

Cons

It can be time consuming to get all the email addresses into the software. It doesn't sync easily with a contact group in google, so you end up typing in a lot of email addresses. Once it's set up though, it works great.

Response from SignUpGenius

It is also not required to send invites directly via our site. You can choose to take the sign up live without sending emails, and instead, copy the link to the sign up and send invites from your own email program. You can also post the link on your organization's website or share the sign up via social media as well. The link to your sign up can be found by viewing the live, published version of the sign up and copying the URL from your web browser address bar.
I hope these options are helpful for you.

Matt A.

Does the job!

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

We use SignUpGenius to organize and coordinate volunteers. Volunteers can click on the link and are taken to a form where they can sign-up for a time slot or to bring something to an event. They'll also be able to see what other volunteers have sign-up for, which is very helpful!

Pros

SignUpGenius is a great tool for coordinating volunteers. As a free software, it's great and incredibly useful. It comes with many templates and features. It takes some time to figure out how to make your sign-up look like you want it to, but then you are good to go.

One of the great features of SignUpGenius is that is will email your volunteers in advance to remind them of their commitment. This is great because it takes following-up with and reminding volunteers off your plate and does that for you!

Cons

It does take a little time to figure it out at first. You can't sign-on for your first time and expect to have a sign-up ready to go in minutes.

Also, some people speak of this as a lifesaver or game-changer when it comes to getting volunteers. That hasn't been my experience. It makes organizing volunteers and coordinating them easier, but it isn't going to bring them in as easily as some people might claim.

Joy B.

Immediate Results

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

This is such a magical solution! I manage multiple events and volunteers. By having this platform, I can direct people to it instantly via social media, print, email, etc. It enables me to inform, ask, and manage items, people, and communication for activities! The response is about 75% within the first 24 hours and by re-sending/directing people with reminders back to the page, I've seen 95% consistently of all my slots filled before my event. This removes the need for me to call and ask individuals and allows people to feel like they have a choice to sign-up as opposed to feeling pressured to volunteer with a personal ask. Win/Win!

Pros

Very turnkey and easy to put together! This program enables techies and novices to create a marketplace to capture and manage sign-ups for events and activities. I really like the templates from which one can choose to best advertise and brand events.

Cons

Some of the options under "available slot" can be confusing. It may take a few extra minutes to figure out if the option chosen is best for the process of coordination between organizer and those signing up. It is easy to go back after previewing the page and edit.

Also, be careful when signing up for multiple people and multiple slots so that appropriate units are assigned. ie. Jo signs up for 24 Bananas but it appears Jo is only bringing 1 of the 24 bananas. Be sure units are designated and products/slots are clearly labeled.

Molly B.

A quick and easy signups -- truly genius!

Reviewed on 2018/12/09

This software is great for organizing groups. It ensures that your events are staffed with volunteers and that you will not spend hours wrangling confirmations from your volunteers. At each event, it is always clear who is to do what. This helps keep all the feather unruffled. Recommended.

Pros

I often use this software for volunteer management for my church and a non-profit arts group that I support This software takes zero knowledge to use effectively. Every part of creating a sign-up for an event is intuitive. This makes planning a snap. It even helps me plan better events by listing out specific tasks for my volunteers.

Cons

I don't like the fact that you must add new tasks to the sign-up sheet in groups of five. I wish that it were possible to just add and delete at will.

Response from SignUpGenius

Hi Molly,
We are happy to hear how SignUpGenius is helpful for your sign up needs. In Step 4: Slots, you can add a single slot or up to five slots at one time. If you need more than 5 slots, you can select the option to add more slots and you will be returned to Step 4.

You can also edit a sign up at any time after the sign up has been published. So if you need to delete one or more slots, simply return to Step 4 and delete/edit slots as needed. If you have questions about slots, don't hesitate to contact our Support Team by emailing [email protected] We will be happy to help!

SignUpGenius for Organizations

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Overall, I use SignUpGenius for conferences appointments, to motivate and keep track of who came to performances and for registering for a class.

Pros

This software is key to organizing events, having parents and community leaders register and developing a method in which I can know both the total amount enrolled and gather essential contact information for follow up. The beauty of this software is that once a person signs up, they can have the event synced on their own personal calendars. The software allows me to export the data into excel as well. It allows me to see how many times they registered and log how many volunteer hours.

Cons

The only snag that I ran into was importing some of my parents' emails from the software. It was not as easy as it seemed.

Michele W.

SignUpGenius is a SNAP to use!!

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

I use SignUpGenius mainly for school events. I am on our school's PFC/PTA, so we send out A LOT of requests for sign up help. We have many events each school year, and the Genius is the way to go to get things organized. It's just really easy for volunteers to use- they can easily see what is needed, sign up for it...DONE! And for me, and the people creating sign ups, it is just so easy. I can get email notifications when a new volunteer has signed up, I can email people straight from the site, it's an easy way to manage an event.

Pros

Several free layouts to use, and so many options!! You can also upload your own photo, so it looks more 'personalized', even without paying more (we just use the free option!) . Easy to customize for your specific event/sign up. And it's so quick and easy to get your site out to everyone. You can either email directly from your sign up (by entering email addresses) or you can just copy/paste the URL and make it public if you want to reach a wider audience! And on an Administrative side-- there are tools, and reports and graphs. You can see how many people have viewed your sign up, lists that can be printed... it is very comprehensive!

Cons

I don't really have any complaints... it does all that we need it to do!

Shahna S.

I use sign up genius every year for conference sign ups! My parents love it as much as I do!

Reviewed on 2017/09/04

I schedule conferences with my students' parents with ease!

Pros

I love that this software allows parents to sign up easily for a conference. No more back and forth about when I'm available and when they are available. It's very convenient.

Cons

I wish there was an undo button when setting up recurring dates. I also wish there was a larger calendar view when previewing the dates I've put in rather than just a list of dates.

Response from SignUpGenius

Thank you for your feedback, Shahna.
The default format of sign ups created with our system is a list format. However, we do offer the option for the sign up creator to show multiple date sign ups in a calendar view format.
Log in with your email and password. Go to the *Created* tab and select the pencil icon to the right of your sign up. Go to: *Step 4: Slots*. Scroll to the end of the page where you will see the heading *Advanced Settings*. Click on the (+) sign and the Advanced Settings options will display. Locate the last option: *Show Calendar View by Default* and click the option to the 'On' position. Keep in mind, the calendar view is available only for multiple date sign ups. Remember to select 'Update' to save the changes to this setting. I hope this helps manage your conference sign ups easier.

Simple, Easy, and Really Quite Genius

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

My graduate school coordinator uses this for everything from orientation times to graduate assistant assignments to signing up for classes. Our 100 person program is able to exist thanks to SignUpGenius. I can't think of a better program that could accomplish the wide range of possibilities that this can.

Pros

I like that when other users respond, SignUp Genius updates and every other invitee can also see the updates. For example, when sending out RSVPs, everyone has the ability to see everyone else who has RSVP'd. It's a very easy app for taking polls for certain time slots. It is also great if you need just a quick one question response or a detailed, multi-step poll. As a user, I appreciate that it is quick and easily shows up in my inbox. Additionally, I don't receive spam messages from them after taking a survey!! This is so important. I didn't sign up for promo messages, so I don't want to receive them automatically. This program finally gets it. Finally, the ability to send out reminders is a great function. It's easy to set up ahead of time for the SignUp creator. I also love that it sends the event to my calendar!! It's just great for both ends of the SignUp request... I would highly recommend.

Cons

I don't have too many complaints, except that sometimes the visibility is limited on the mobile app. Really, I highly recommend this software and can't think of too many negatives haha.

Amanda L.

SignUpGenius will make your life EASIER!!

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Overall, SignUpGenius has made my teacher life easier. I will continue to use it for classroom events and sign ups for years to come. Our parents in our school have come to expect the simplicity that it offers.

Pros

This software is user friendly and offers a wide variety of "formats." As a teacher, I use it regularly to create sign ups for classroom party supplies, scheduling of parent/teacher conferences, and as an overall method of communication with parents about upcoming events. This eliminates the need for a lot of "back and forth" emails, since they can just RSVP and sign up all in one spot.

Cons

Sometimes the "duplicate" feature doesn't work as smoothly as I'd like. We often use it as a team and want to copy the same signup for every teacher on our grade level team and this has not always been the easiest.

Response from SignUpGenius

Hi, Amanda! I'm sorry you ran into issues duplicating a sign up. When you make a duplicate, be sure you have your created sign ups area set to show "unpublished sign ups." Sign up duplication happens within a few seconds and you will find your copies in this area. Learn more about making duplicates here: http://www.signupgenius.com/faq/duplicate-copy-sign-up.cfm

Rachel D.

Makes Getting Volunteers a Breeze!

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

While ads are annoying and the design is less than appealing, SignUpGenius is incredibly helpful for digitally organizing volunteer opportunities and sign-ups!

Pros

I was first introduced to SingUpGenius when I was working a full time job in marketing. We were required to find volunteers for events and SignUpGenius made that so easy. We used it in online marketing and were able to fill volunteer positions ever single time we used it! SUP makes it easy for both the company needing volunteers/sign-ups but also the people on the other end volunteering or offering their time! I've personally had good experiences on either end of the program.

Cons

The biggest "Con" I can think of is that sometimes the program, when you hook it up to your digital calendar (I use Google), will add the events multiple times when you are on the "user" end of the program. On the "owner" end of the program, I have not come across issues.

This is a silly "con" but the design is rather obnoxious and doesn't look very professional especially if you are trying to use it for business purposes.

Tami J.

Gets all of your ducks in a role, no matter who your ducks are

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

I have been involved with Sign Up Genius a an organized and as a user. It has made signing up for team events and food/donation requests super easy. As an organizer, it has been an excellent tool to utilize in providing food for families in need of the communities support. The idea and execution of Sign Up Genius is really, well, genius.

Pros

Sign up Genius is extremely helpful in organizing group events from many aspects; teams, offices, churches, luncheons, food trees. This is a simple, easy way for you to get your group to sign up for an event or food need with no overlapping. Each time slot allows the user to explain what day and time and, if you have requested, as the organizer, what item they will be bringing.

Cons

In my experience, there does not seem to be sufficient communication with the individuals who have signed up and the organizer, as their day/time approaches. It is also not as compatible with you calendar, as it should be. Implementing text notifications would take Sign Up Genius to the next level.

Response from SignUpGenius

Thank you for your feedback, Tami!

When you create your sign up, you can turn on automatic reminders so participants are notified a few days ahead of their sign up. If you wish to communicate further with participants, you can send an email through the "Messages" area anytime.

We also offer the ability to send text messages to your group members. You can learn more here: http://signupgeni.us/9om1

If you ever have questions, please contact our Support Team: http://www.signupgenius.com/help

Jennifer K.

Great way to track an event

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Positive - my time tracking an event is greatly diminished with the help of this program.

Pros

I've had experiencing using this program for school functions. I've been invited to access an event through SignUpGenius to take part in an event, but also used it to track my own event. Rather than trying to write a list of people and items they would provide for the event or a time slot they wanted to choose, SignUpGenius allows you to invite people to fill in their information and all you have to do is login and see what's happening. You can follow-up with people with ease and confirm everything. It's changed how I handle small events.

Cons

A person has to create an account in order to take part in SignUpGenius, not everyone likes to create yet another password to keep track of, but it's worth it in my opinion.

Response from SignUpGenius

Hi Karen,

Thank you for submitting a review! We love hearing how SignUpGenius helps you manage events.

It may be helpful to know that users do not need an account to participate in your event. Participants are only required to enter a name when they sign up. The email address is always requested because most users prefer to receive a reminder of their commitment. However, the email address is not required unless the creator of the sign up has required the email address. We always give users the option to create an account if they wish to do so, but it is not required.

Please let our Support Team know if you have any questions: [email protected]

Angela L.

Group organizing made easy

Reviewed on 2019/06/05

Super easy way to organize groups of people large or small, local or remote for items or volunteers needed. Emailing volunteers what the signed up for is a great feature so they can remind themselves. It's quick and simple for the end user.

Pros

It is an easy way to organize a volunteer list for people, items, or supplies. We have used this for classrooms, sports teams, picnics, class donations, etc. You can see what is needed, how many slots have been filled and it is all in one place. It emails you a reminder of what you signed up for which is great as an end user. For example, for home football games, volunteers are needed for the entrance gates, sidelines, control the chain markers and sell merchandise. All home games can be loaded with each job needed, how many people at each and time slots. Then parents can log in and choose what they can do. We used this for Senior night at my son's baseball game just recently as well. Rather than emails back and forth between parents and the liaison, the sign up genius was sent out with what was needed-types of food, tables, coolers, ice, drinks, etc

Cons

As an end user, without the link to find the event I am looking for, I do not know how to search for it. I usually have to find the original email I was sent or a reminder email to log into the event I want. Not sure if there is a better way.

Cody S.

Great for Fundraisers/Volunteer Work

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/08/23

Pros

We use this tool when we are looking for volunteers for bring items to the event. Example: chips, table cloths, beverages, etc. This is an easy to use link that you can send to anyone. They can sign up with the quick add of their email address and SignUpGenius will even send them a reminder before the event to remind them to bring the items they signed up for. I also appreciate that you can see how many items have been signed up for out of how many you requested. Example: 2 chips have been signed up for out of 4 chips.

Cons

The only thing that is very annoying is how difficult it is to un-sign yourself up if you don't have an account. If you are not registered with a password, you have to contact customer support to change your items or take them off.

Response from SignUpGenius

There are various ways to delete or edit a sign up, depending on how you signed up.

If you signed up without an account (using your name and email address), you can access the sign up by following the link provided in your email invite or the email you received from the creator of the sign up. When you view the sign up, you'll see text that reads, Change your Sign Up. Click on that option and follow the instructions.

If you still cannot locate the sign up, it's possible a different email address was used when signing up or a typo was included in the email address when signing up. In that case, you can contact the creator of the sign up or our Support Team will be happy to help!

Jennifer D.

I LOVE SIGNUPGENIUS! It has saved me so much time and makes organizing events easier.

Reviewed on 2017/09/06

This software keeps track of sign ups, so I don't have to rake through my emails and worry about forgetting someone. The ease of setting up a sign up is very good. People I work with are getting used to this is how I do things.

Pros

It is designed by people who understand signup for different kinds of events, meetings, and volunteer organizing. I can set repeated dates, list different slots, ask questions and print hard copies as needed!

Cons

I used the free version for about a year, and then I upgraded to Pro as I saw the need for the features. There is one feature in the next step up (More custom themes) that I would like to use, but right now I can't afford the upgrade,