1 267 reviews

SignUpGenius

Volunteer management & event planning made simple.

4,6
4,7
4,4
4,5
4,6
1 267 reviews
Molly B.
Company size: Self Employed

A quick and easy signups -- truly genius!

Reviewed on 2018/12/09

This software is great for organizing groups. It ensures that your events are staffed with volunteers and that you will not spend hours wrangling confirmations from your volunteers. At each event, it is always clear who is to do what. This helps keep all the feather unruffled. Recommended.

Pros

I often use this software for volunteer management for my church and a non-profit arts group that I support This software takes zero knowledge to use effectively. Every part of creating a sign-up for an event is intuitive. This makes planning a snap. It even helps me plan better events by listing out specific tasks for my volunteers.

Cons

I don't like the fact that you must add new tasks to the sign-up sheet in groups of five. I wish that it were possible to just add and delete at will.

Response from SignUpGenius

Hi Molly,
We are happy to hear how SignUpGenius is helpful for your sign up needs. In Step 4: Slots, you can add a single slot or up to five slots at one time. If you need more than 5 slots, you can select the option to add more slots and you will be returned to Step 4.

You can also edit a sign up at any time after the sign up has been published. So if you need to delete one or more slots, simply return to Step 4 and delete/edit slots as needed. If you have questions about slots, don't hesitate to contact our Support Team by emailing [email protected] We will be happy to help!

Industry: Education Management

Flexible tool, recent update was a set back.

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

When looking for a powerful and flexible tool for managing signups for a small organization, there is no competitor out there that beats SignUpGenius. We have used other tools and tried ones that offered the moon but failed to deliver. SUG has been capable at its core competency and allowed us to drive and find ways to use it more fully and successfully. Reliable compared to other systems, it does take some time to learn if you truly want to be an expert at it - as does any system, but it is worth the time spent.

Pros

We use SUG for such a variety of volunteer and meeting/appointment management we have probably explored most of the features to their fullest. The flexibility to adapt the various types of signups used for different types of opportunities and extending the signups using forms and notifications is powerful. The service can handle a pretty heavy load as we've pounded it with over a hundred signups in under five minutes for things like Parent-Teacher Conferences.

Cons

The few types of signups you have available are powerful but not necessarily intuitive and you have to think about how you want the signup to look like and how the signup will flow for the user, leading to some trial and error when you first begin. The requirement for time slots to have a start and end time, makes it tricky to use for items that are just at a particular time, like dropping off items for a bake-sale, but other open ended signups don't read right.
Particularly because our primary type of signup is time-slots, it took us a bit to get used to and understand the process of creating the day and time on which something is occurring, then add the slot that is happening at that date and time. The recent updates attempted to combine the pages on which those two steps occur, but make it even harder to intuit out how to attach the two items together.

Response from SignUpGenius

Thank you for your thoughtful review. If you ever need advice or assistance when creating your sign up, don't hesitate to contact our Support Team. They will be happy to offer suggestions as you get started. You can contact the team here: https://www.signupgenius.com/support

Thank you for using SignUpGenius!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Popular But Difficult to Customize

Reviewed on 2020/10/02

Creating a SignUp Genius form can be very annoying and difficult. However, once it has been created, it will do what you want it to. Once the forms have been made, they were easy to send out, it was easy for me to see and access responses and so on. I don't know of a better alternative for SignUp Genius at this point in time, but I hope that they can make some changes because something easier to use will come along soon if not.

Pros

I would want to use Google Forms for something like this, but there is currently not a good feature for you to sign up for something and then that slot to be filled or removed from a list. Signup Genius does fill in that role. As someone viewing a form, it is very easy to see what slots are available, and it is easy to change, edit or swap what you may have originally signed up for. It's also easy to go back and reference your sign up in case you forgot.

Cons

Signup Genius offers a great amount of customization to its forms. I'd be on the verge of saying it offers too much customization. I have made forms in the past, and no matter how hard I tried, could not get a new form to look like one I made previously. It can be very difficult and tedious to get the form to look how you want it to, even when you know it's a possibility because you've done it before. Making a simple form is easy, but I feel like once you want to start branching out, the level of user friendliness drops dramatically.

Response from SignUpGenius

Hi there, thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you were able to set up your sign ups and they functioned well for your group. Our support team would love to help you with specific format setup if you run into any questions in the future. You always have access to insider tips when you reach out: http://www.signupgenius.com/help

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Kent K.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Acceptable and useful, if basic and somewhat confusing

Reviewed on 2019/01/20

We've used SignUpGenius for 4+ years, and have never been "blown away" by it's features. At the same time, we have been able to use it successfully (with lots of volunteer training sessions). The software hasn't introduced any major overhauls or improvements in all the time we've been using it.

Pros

We've been able to coordinate 200+ seasonal volunteers who help in 12+ positions at 60+ events.

Cons

The software can be rather confusing, especially when onboarding new volunteers or staff.

Response from SignUpGenius

Hi, Kent. Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that SignUpGenius has been helpful in coordinating so many volunteers for your organization.
In 2019 we will be releasing an exciting update to the site. We think you will be pleased with what we have coming.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Erica H.
Industry: Sports

Very easy to use, easy to understand format

Reviewed on 2020/09/04

Any time I have used signed up genius as a parent or employee I’m happy to see it being used because I don’t have to go to some meeting to discuss who’s bringing what, or who’s coming in at what time, or that I have to respond to 100 different emails. I choose what’s best for me and wham bam I’m done.

Pros

I’ve used sign up genius many times for things such as elementary school class party supply list, parent teacher conference sign ups, volunteer work hours sign up, and many more. It’s so easy to use you just go in and choose for example the time slot the best suited your availability, or the item you chose to bring . Instead of getting multiple people to respond to emails and then having to use separate programs to file all of the content it’s just right there on one page easy to see

Cons

Honestly I don’t think there is anything I did not like. While I enjoy seeing that Suzy is bringing cherries for the ice cream Sunday party and Johnny is bringing the sprinkles I’m not sure everyone would appreciate their names being seen

Response from SignUpGenius

Erica, thank you for the review! We always love hearing how SignUpGenius made it simpler to organize your groups. It may be helpful to know that creators always have the option to hide names of participants on their sign ups. You can learn more here: https://www.signupgenius.com/faq/hide-names.cfm Please reach out if we can ever be of assistance. You can contact us here: http://www.signupgenius.com/help Thank you again for your kind words!

Sandra W.
Industry: E-Learning

Easy to use and convenient for group participation

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

It is solving business problems like knowing who and what tasks are assigned to individuals when we are seeking volunteers for programs and events.

Pros

I liked that you can create categories for others to sign up and you can see where you signed up, in case yo forgot what you signed up for.

Cons

It wasn't the software, but some users do not know how to create categories so it makes it difficult for individuals to sign up for various tasks, Perhaps, examples of how people can use it might be helpful to those that are building sign up tasks.

Aaron H.
Industry: Education Management

Good for setting up sign-up lists

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

We use Sign Up Genius when we are hosting an event that requires additional help. Being able to have help signed up and ready to go is nice.

Pros

We use Sign-Up Genius when we need to have people sign up for an event. Sign up genius makes it simple to create an event and then organize the participants following the sign up period.

Cons

Signup Genius is somewhat expensive. It is a simple program, but is expensive to use. However, if you are able to have people sign up, any amount of money should be paid!

Response from SignUpGenius

Hi Aaron, thanks for your review and for using SignUpGenius. I am glad to hear that it was simple for you to create your event and organize participants. You are welcome to manage your sign ups from your free account. If you would like to learn more about optimizing your free account, please click on the following link:

Company size: 10 000+ Employees

SignUpGenius for Organizations

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Overall, I use SignUpGenius for conferences appointments, to motivate and keep track of who came to performances and for registering for a class.

Pros

This software is key to organizing events, having parents and community leaders register and developing a method in which I can know both the total amount enrolled and gather essential contact information for follow up. The beauty of this software is that once a person signs up, they can have the event synced on their own personal calendars. The software allows me to export the data into excel as well. It allows me to see how many times they registered and log how many volunteer hours.

Cons

The only snag that I ran into was importing some of my parents' emails from the software. It was not as easy as it seemed.

Linda R.
Industry: Entertainment

You don't need to be a genius

Reviewed on 2019/12/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

SignUpGenius has been helping me create and manage events for any occasion and any group!

Pros

This software makes it super easy to create event signups for staff and customers. I like to use this when we are hosting events for more than 20 people because it's easier to see who has signed up, for what, and you have the ability to limit the number of signups per event or item.

Cons

The software navigation isn't super straightforward, but it's still pretty easy to figure out what you need to do.

Ashley M.

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/12/12

This program has dramatically increased our parent volunteers. When I first started at our organization 8 years ago we would struggle to get one or two parents to show up to help. We are now having 10-15 or more sign up to help!

Pros

We love this program! We are able to customize, edit, and send our signups easily and we have increased our parent volunteers more than double.

Cons

There are some pricier options for customization that we would love to use but are out of budget for our organization right now. The free options are just as nice though.

David M.
Industry: Consumer Services

Very good, but...

Reviewed on 2019/03/16

Pros

Easy to use, customer friendly, ability to send mass communications

Cons

Cannot delete users from a signup. For me, this is a major design flaw. As a business, I don't understand why signup genius does not have a functionality for deleting users' access to signups. Even though there is a delete function, it is misleading in that users still have the ability to access signups even when they are supposedly "deleted" by accessing through their initial e-mail invite. Customer Service's response is that in order to deny access, new signups need to be created that are not accessible by "old" users. Well, this is much easier said than done. I don't want to be managing multiple signups. I use one signup as a dynamic scheduling tool for users coming on and off our schedule. Having multiple schedules targeted towards different user groups is an extremely cumbersome solution, requiring managing schedules over multiple signups- way too complicated. As a result, to me this is a major privacy issue in that unwanted users now have access to a signup, even though they are supposedly "deleted". I don't understand why Signup Genius allows this, unless they are marketing to all potential users and never want to lose the Personal Information.

Response from SignUpGenius

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. To clarify, you can delete participants from a sign up. You can also remove participants from your groups so that they do not receive future invites associated with your sign ups/account.

However, once you take the action to send an invite to a group member, there isn't a way to recall that invite that has already been sent. If the invite is sent to that group member's email account, the only way to delete that invite would be to delete the email from their account. Since SignUpGenius does not have access to the person's email account, there isn't a way to delete the access to the sign up from the invite they received, unless the sign up is deleted. We apologize for the frustration this issue caused for you.

Kristina B.

PTA parents have the answer - take it from them and get this

Reviewed on 2018/06/15

Easy for organizers and volunteers, it sends automatic reminders and lets people choose their own roles. Wouldn't run an event without it.

Pros

You know who has cracked the code for volunteer sign up? The pros, the ones who live in the trenches of bringing people together to get stuff done - I'm talking about parents and teachers of young children. The PTA president, the room parent- the poor soul who got stuck organizing the spring auction again this year. Use their knowledge and get this great freemium tool that is really easy for volunteers and organizers with lots of reminders and communication tools on both sides. It has automatic reminders, and people can change their own roles. Matching people to the right role is the art of volunteer management - let them choose their job and stop herding cats and managing spreadsheets. I am currently using sign up genius to manage volunteers for a music festival, our events person used spreadsheet last year even though I shared this tool so when I took it over I was sure that this site was my first stop. I can see that the pro functions are really useful and we are not big enough to need them but if we did they would be fully worth it.

Cons

I wish I could email everyone that signed up since my last email for a volunteer sheet that is open for longer than a few days.

Response from SignUpGenius

Thank you for your kind review, Kristina! We love hearing how SignUpGenius helps you manage volunteers.
You can email sign up participants any time up to 30 days after your event has ended. To do this, go to "Messages" on the left side of your Sign Ups page and click"Compose".
Choose: Email people participating in a sign up.
Click the white button to select the sign up from the drop-down list of sign ups.
Click 'Ok'
Select the white Select People button and
choose to send the email to those who have signed up.
Enter the text of your email, click "Preview and Send" and send your message.
If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to contact our Support Team: http://www.signupgenius.com/help

Suzana P.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Easy to Use and have other participate!

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

Overall, my experience with SignUpGenius has been great! I am a user for both my personal life and for work, and I think that it is a great resource that is customizable to fit several social and work environments. It is my go-to tool if you're wanting several parties to participate and list or "sign up" for something. It keeps all items together and organized for you so you can quickly determine what is still needed. Recommended, for sure! I would be surprised if you HAVEN'T seen this is your social or work circle yet.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is how easy it is to plan a company Potluck, or School Party Day, or Church Small Groups Meeting. Everyone who is sent a link can easily access the event and determine how they would like to participate. For example, for a Company Potluck you have the option of setting up specific foods or non specific foods, how many of each is needed, or schedule time slots. You have so many different options to customize your event, its great! Everyone logged on can easily see what item needs have been met and what items are still needed.

Think past food! Organizational Tool!
You can also use this for Nonprofit Organizations, supplies or items that are needed. Anyone that would like to participate can easily input what they will be bringing or what they can offer to help the project!

Cons

I have not run into any situations that I did not particularly like with this software, if I'm being honest. I think it gets the job done perfectly fine.

I have not tried messing with maybe going OVER the number of items requested. For example if 30 tissue boxes are needed for a classroom and several participants have committed to bringing 30 tissue boxes, I wonder if someone tried to add an additional 5 boxes, if it would give them a hard time. Not sure if this would be a situation anyone would run into, but just a thought. Again, I have not run into any issues, thankfully!

Response from SignUpGenius

Thanks so much for your review, Suzana. We love hearing how the site has been helpful. I wanted to confirm that the sign up will not let a participant enter a quantity greater than the slot allows. Thanks for using SignUpGenius!

Sarah M.

The Ultimate Organization Tool

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Connecting with families has never been more difficult and this tool optimizes everyone's time by being efficient and reducing the amount of time that we need to send and collect information.

Pros

For a long time, our program not only struggled to get volunteers for events, but struggled to reach the volunteers to give them information about an event. We tried manually e-mailed, paper sign up copies, giant bulletin boards in the hallway, and it seemed as though we always missed people. It also left a lot of leg work for us. Enter SignUpGenius! The best part about the website is that its EASY to navigate and it is so fast to create a sign up for an event. You essentially write a small blurb about the event and then choose the template that best meets the needs of your event--whether it is one day or more, one-time slot of several and the number of volunteers. Then, you can either upload your contacts to their website, or create a link that you can send out.

We use SignUpGenius for every event! It sends the admin e-mails when someone has signed up so that you can keep track of how your doing. The very BEST feature is that it automatically sends out a reminder about the event to everyone who has signed up. This has saved us more hours than I can count! After the event is over, it archives it so you still have the information to refer too.

Cons

There is very little that I dislike about SignUpGenius and most of it is just more annoying than anything. While SignUpGenius is free for users, they do have a "Pro" edition that you can choose to pay for. This includes photos to use for your event posting or specific additional features. If you click on them accidentally, it will prompt you to sign up for the Pro edition. Not a big deal, just a nuisance, and sometimes its uncertain as to why these are paid features.

Sarah J.

Great for Scheduling!

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Overall my experience with SignUpGenius had been a positive one in allowing me to efficiently create sign up times for and manage my meetings. It keep things clean and organized telling me when anything has changed with sign ups. I look forward to seeing future improvements.

Pros

I oversee multiple students and their education working along side their parents. Monthly I meet with the parents of over 100 students. Sign Up Genius is fantastic for helping me to manage these meetings with efficiency. I am able to communicate with the parents when I will be available and the type of meeting we will have. All I have to do is set it up each month according to my schedule and then send out the link to the parents to sign up for a time that works for them. Don't want to share others info? No problem choose the option that only allows the owner to view who has signed up. Also what's even better, Sign Up Genius can auto-generate a reminder to those who have signed up! It's great!

Cons

I think one thing that would help is making it compatible with my Google Calendar, which considering recent changes may be a new option. It would be great if it auto synced all of my appointments.

Response from SignUpGenius

Hi Sarah,

Thanks so much for your review! I wanted to let you know that we offer the ability to sync sign up appointments with a personal digital calendar as one of our advanced features. If you want to learn more about this feature, check out this resource:

Please contact our Support Team if you have any questions! https://www.signupgenius.com/support

Shayna W.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Excellent for Organization and Recognizable by Many

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

Overall, I am grateful for the ability to use SignUpGenius to organize contributions, coordinate schedules, remind participants of their agreements and responsibilities, and take most of the pain out of herding cats, or fulfilling the many roles outside of a classroom that a teacher has.

Pros

I first used SignUpGenius as a PTA president when my children were young. We discovered the site and implemented it for volunteer sign up at various events. At first, many were reluctant to try something new, but as they used it, they realized how convenient it truly is. Over the next few years, organizations rolled it out more and more, and now I regularly receive invitations to participate in projects as a donor or volunteer with SignUpGenius.

As a teacher, I have even used it to schedule intervention sessions. I was able to indicate all of my open availability and then allow teachers to select slots for their students. It saved us hours or back-and-forth conversation and the reminders that are built into the software were helpful for ensuring that students would actually be sent to me for their meetings, which was a great improvement.

Cons

I feel like at some point the software became very ad-heavy, and that makes it unusable for participants. It's necessary to keep providing the service at free or low cost, but it can be nervewracking wondering if the next announcement aligns with district policies. Other than disabling ads for educators, I'm not sure how that could be worked out and still be reasonable for the company.

Marcy Y.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Simple organizational tool to manage people & stuff!

Reviewed on 2019/07/20

We've started using sign up genius for almost all of our volunteer events, staff events and community collections/drives. It makes it so easy to know what still needs to be collected or staffed. I love that it automatically sends reminders to people about what commitments they have made so that I don't have to manually send those any longer. Generally, its very easy to use and super friendly for the end user.

Pros

I love how simple this is for an administrator but also the end user. I've never had anyone say they couldn't figure out how/what to do. I also appreciate that the users can alter their own sign ups for the items or people they are committing to an event. Plus being able to copy events or sign ups over from year to year makes the planning & implementation process quick.

Cons

I think that the ads and the limited themes are understandable but annoying. Also, there are some set up limitations that can make more complex events cumbersome to set up. Plus if you have to make changes once you go-live, it can be prohibitive.

Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Quick and Easy to Setup

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

Pros

SignUpGenius is fairly straight forward sign up website. I use it on a regular basis to create sign up pages for various classes that my company hosts. They have tons of themes and templates that you can use to customize your sign up page to fit your needs. It's comprehensive on set up as well as sign up for class attendees, the website doesn't ask for more information than name and email. They also do not require attendees to create an account to sign up which makes it easy for our company to use and keep track of class sign ups. The best part is that you can use the software for free so that's definitely a plus for me!

Cons

The interface isn't the easiest and most comprehensible to use on the set up side. The organization of older sign up pages is really messy and there doesn't seem to be an order to it. You would think that they'd be in order from newest to oldest, but it isn't. Plus, it doesn't seem to have an option to delete posts after so many years which would be nice. However, we use the free version of this software so considering that we aren't paying for this these are very small issues.

Response from SignUpGenius

Hi there,

It may be helpful to know that you can manage how your created sign ups display in your account. Go to the far right of the created sign ups are, where you will notice a Gear icon. From that icon, a list of drop-down options will be available to you to show past sign ups or unpublished sign ups. You can also choose to show sign ups in ascending or descending order.

To delete a sign up you created, locate the sign up in your Created sign ups area.
Click the ellipsis icon (...) to the right of the sign up. You will see an option to delete the sign up. If you choose this option the next screen will confirm the deletion of your sign up.

I hope these tips help you manage your account better.

SignUp Genius

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/01/31

This is a great tool that can be used for event organizing purposes. I personally used them to schedule appointments with my students and for event RSVP's. I loved using it to schedule appointments, because it allowed me to indicate only my available times; each user was able to book only one time; and no other users were able to pick already chosen options. Their interface isn't very user friendly and user appealing though; I wish they have more customization options available.

Pros

- its a very easy to use application (easy to use for organizers and participants)
- great to use to sign up people to events, appointments, meetings
- mass email communication feature (thought I haven't been using it much, because isn't delivered from your actual email address)
- its free!

Cons

- inserting emails is a complicated and time consuming process
- very limited design customization options (the interface isn't very user friendly)
- there is some learning curve to set the event up (time options, etc.)

Response from SignUpGenius

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. We will be releasing some updates to the interface this year that I think you will find exciting!

Our site allows users to import email addresses from several address books. We currently support uploading email addresses from Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, Windows Live accounts, Outlook and CSV files.

If your emails are not in an address book or are in an address book that is not supported, we recommend that you export the email addresses into Excel from your mail program. You can then copy the column of email addresses and paste them into the SignUpGenius input box. Please make sure you copy email addresses only with no names.

Please contact our Support Team if you have questions: [email protected]

Toni H.
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Convenient and Great Tool

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

I will continue to use it because it is convenient and a tested and true method that people do use it in my organization. Plus, it has become somewhat of a household name in our school to see signup genius come to their inbox.

Pros

There are flexible options as well as multiple options when using this tool for creating sign ups. I use it a lot for so many event sign ups for my school and classroom community. I love that it also lets you sign up easily but also sends reminders if people chose to input their emails, etc.

Cons

Some of the scheduling slots are confusing, it is still not clear, even with the update.

Tim B.
Industry: Government Administration

SigUpGenius for Volunteer Firefighters

Reviewed on 2015/03/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We use online sign-up sheets for a volunteer fire department with over 100 firefighters assigned to five different stations. Most of us have full-time jobs outside of being firefighters, so finding a way to coordinate activities in a fair and consistent way was time consuming and quite challenging. Online sign-up sheets from SignUpGenius streamlined our process, while making it very easy for our firefighters to use. We post a sign-up sheet electronically ,and it is instantly available to everyone. At the same time, one person can manage the sheets remotely, so it eliminated the need for paper sheets and multiple trips to stations to post, review, and collect those sheets.

Cons

What's not to like about the capabilities of this way of doing online sign-up sheets? The creators of Sign Up Genius built a product that takes a complicated process and makes it a smooth operation. It is so easy to use that there is seldom a need to ask for help. Then the friendly folks at Sign Up Genius are lightning fast to response on the rare occasions when you need help.

Elizabeth E.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

SignUpGenius- made a recent project SO MUCH SIMPLER.

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

It helped me stay more organized and allowed my event go smoothly and successfully! I would definitely use it again for future endeavors and events that require a potluck meal or supporting someone who needs food brought to them, etc. I can see how helpful it would be for personal needs also.

Pros

I like that I am able to have a live record of what different volunteers were offering to bring and do for a recent gathering. It took the details out of my hands and empowered my volunteers to make things happen.

Cons

I wish that there were some more customizable features and I wish that the emails did not often end up in my volunteers' junk inboxes, which made it hard for them to receive reminders in the days leading up to the event.

Great tool for organizing and scheduling groups

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Pros

Really great for organizing groups. For instance, I use it often to have people sign up to bring items to an event. It's also great if you have an event and want to sign people up to be in charge of specific things at specific times during an event. For instance, if you want someone to man a table for a specific shift. It is very easy for the participant to sign up and the organizer to manage.

Cons

It can be time consuming to get all the email addresses into the software. It doesn't sync easily with a contact group in google, so you end up typing in a lot of email addresses. Once it's set up though, it works great.

Response from SignUpGenius

It is also not required to send invites directly via our site. You can choose to take the sign up live without sending emails, and instead, copy the link to the sign up and send invites from your own email program. You can also post the link on your organization's website or share the sign up via social media as well. The link to your sign up can be found by viewing the live, published version of the sign up and copying the URL from your web browser address bar.
I hope these options are helpful for you.

Ileana V.

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

SignUpGenius has been great to keep our activities and events organized and send the automated email reminders to the participants

Pros

Great way to get your employees to participate in work and non-work related events. We used Sales force for an event that we were participating in and it was easy to manage. It provides reminders and it is user friendly.

Cons

It is a bit difficult to cancel once you have signed up. You have to email the administrator and have them cancel it for you. Maybe there is an easier way but I have not found it.

Response from SignUpGenius

Hi Ileana,

There are various ways to delete or edit a sign up, depending on how you signed up. If you signed up using your email address, you can access the sign up by following the link provided in your email invite, confirmation or reminder message. When you view the sign up, you'll see text that reads, "Change your Sign Up." Click on that option and follow the instructions.

If you have a SignUpGenius account, it's pretty easy to remove your name or edit your sign up slot. Log into SignUpGenius.com and click on the Invited to tab. You will see Items I've Signed Up For. To remove your name, click the X to the right of the item. To edit information related to your sign up, click the pencil icon to the right of the item.

If you entered a typo in your email address when signing up, you may need to contact the sign up creator to make the change for you. I hope this helps!

Matt A.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Does the job!

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

We use SignUpGenius to organize and coordinate volunteers. Volunteers can click on the link and are taken to a form where they can sign-up for a time slot or to bring something to an event. They'll also be able to see what other volunteers have sign-up for, which is very helpful!

Pros

SignUpGenius is a great tool for coordinating volunteers. As a free software, it's great and incredibly useful. It comes with many templates and features. It takes some time to figure out how to make your sign-up look like you want it to, but then you are good to go.

One of the great features of SignUpGenius is that is will email your volunteers in advance to remind them of their commitment. This is great because it takes following-up with and reminding volunteers off your plate and does that for you!

Cons

It does take a little time to figure it out at first. You can't sign-on for your first time and expect to have a sign-up ready to go in minutes.

Also, some people speak of this as a lifesaver or game-changer when it comes to getting volunteers. That hasn't been my experience. It makes organizing volunteers and coordinating them easier, but it isn't going to bring them in as easily as some people might claim.