Verenia CPQ

Product configurator, ecommerce and sales enablement

Heidi H.
  • Industry: Machinery

First time round

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

I was not a direct creator of our software platform but it is pretty easy to use. Verenia's contacts are very helpful and easy to work with. However, I am not sure we were prepared big picture and got tripped up a bit along the way.

Pros

There are a lot of options on how to create your platform.

Cons

You really need to have a clear view in mind before you get started to be sure the overall flow works long term.

Eric Y.
  • Industry: Automotive

Four years in, still the best configurator I have used

Reviewed on 2019/11/22

We continue to expand our use of this software. It is flexible and customizable. With Verenia CPQ, if we can think it, we can do it. I have had the opportunity to program and use several configurators during my career, and this is hands down the best.

Pros

One of the best aspects of Verenia CPQ is its ease of use. We use it primarily for order entry, and when new salespeople join our workforce, they are able to pick it up quickly and aren't hindered by struggling to learn new software. Customer support is outstanding and always has been. In the 4+ years I've been using this software, there have been very few issues, and those few have been dealt with quickly and with excellent communication from Verenia.

Cons

I have yet to find anything that I dislike about the software. I would like to be able to group users in more specific and detailed ways than I can currently, but that in no way hurts business or slows us down.

Jeff R.
  • Industry: Maritime

Excellent product. Easy to use. No customer complaints.

Reviewed on 2017/09/23

I use this on a daily basis and highly recommend it due to it's ease of use and explanation of the pontoons and options.

Pros

As the sales manager for a Bennington pontoon dealership approx. 80% of our Bennington sales are custom ordered pontoons. This software is extremely easy for our sales staff and our customers to build their pontoons, send the build to my desk, and easy for me to price quotes. The customers as well as our sales staff really like the info icon on options that actually show what the option looks like.

Cons

As I stated our sales staff and customers really like the info icon that shows what the option looks like. I would like to see more of this as well as percentages of customers that select that feature. This would help add more value to the options.

Jason B.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Reviewed on 2019/11/22

Pros

I love being able to see what we are building in EOS. The options are great and the ease of changing said options makes for a smooth product creation. I am excited for the option for our end users to get their hands on this.

I like that we will be able to create purchase orders directly from the system. This will make it easier for smaller companies to submit their orders to us.

Cons

We have issues sometimes connecting to our CRM. That is currently being worked on.

Nathan F.

Great software, incredible company!

Reviewed on 2016/01/08

I was the project manager that lead the implementation of EosCPQ for my company. We had a very aggressive timeline for implementing a new CPQ with a new CRM. I can't say enough good things about the Verenia team and their effort. Without their help we would not have been able to hit our deadline and deliver a significantly better quoting experience for our sales team.

The software is really good. It has a lot of flexibility and is very easy to use with just a little bit of training. Our company had a CPQ prior to switching to Eos that was much more complicated and difficult to use. So the users are much happier with the ease of use in Eos. We were able to also integrate Eos with our new CRM and our ERP system. This has allowed us to get a much better workflow for our sales people, and to pass the quotes directly to our ERP system as sales orders, which has saved a lot of time from re-rentering information from the quote into a sales order.
All of these improvements are making a very positive impact on our business and has been received well by our sales team that has to use the system on a daily basis. As I mentioned before, we were able to implement two new systems (EosCPQ and CRM) in less than 6 months in order to time the launch with a slower business period to make it easier for our team to adapt to the new systems. None of this would have been possible without Eos or the great team at Verenia that helped us pull this off. I would highly recommend this to anyone that's considering a new CPQ.

Josh K.
  • Industry: Public Safety

EoS was made for daily use

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Being able to configure one off products for customers within minutes, as well as having those designs saved and ready for a later date, is priceless.

Pros

The simplicity of the program itself, is what makes me like it the most.

Cons

Sometimes, when things have been added recently, it can be a little buggy or slow to compute your selections. This issue seems to work itself out over time though.

Response from Verenia

Thanks for your feedback Josh. We appreciate you as a customer and your business!

Chelsi B.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great!

Reviewed on 2019/11/25

They are quick to respond and easy to work with. We have a lot of information for our product and have made it very manageable for us.

Pros

It is easy to use. We have constant changes and it is quick to update!

Cons

Sometimes slow but we have a log of information to our product

Roger M.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

Makes my job somewhat easier as I can get more info into my work.

Pros

overall ease of use for someone who isnt a computer use person.

Cons

overall happy. sometime wish could get more info to automatically come up or should i say move to new order. once used to it happy.

Cassy B.

Quality product with very responsive customer service and ongoing positive updates

Reviewed on 2016/01/04

The software is very customizeable, flexible and is extremely helpful for quoting the various configurations of a wide range of 20,000+ part numbers.
The team at Verenia is also very responsive and works diligently to help solve any challenges. They really go above what was expected from a vendor.
Overall, this software offers more easy of use for administrators, ensures accurate part numbers are quoted and decreases the time required for sales to get quotes to customers.

There were a few, small features that were lacking, but the team worked hard to implement our suggestions in an update and help us in creating alternate ways to do what we needed to do to solve our business challenges.

What we accomplished with EosCPQ:
-Decrease the time it takes for users to send quotes to customers.
-Ensure accuracy of customer information by implement the quoting software with our CRM customer database.
-Decrease the time it takes to add new part number configurations to the quoting software.
-Easier for admins to make modifications and changes that are required in the CPQ.

David S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great Product. Modernized our selling process!

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Capture product knowledge, reduce quoting time, reduce quoting errors create platform for future salesperson training.

Pros

Verenia CPQ has allowed us to capture tribal knowledge of a veteran sales team, significantly reduce quoting time, and eliminate quoting errors. And the implementation was easy...no coding knowledge required!

Cons

Verenia has been great about adding custom functionality that they haven't done before, but it took quite a bit longer than they estimated / promised.

Keri R.

A Rock Solid Foundation

Reviewed on 2016/02/17

EOS CPQ was exactly what our company needed to begin building our custom configurator that is now known as one of the very best in the business. EOS CPQ is a solution in and of itself, but our requirements involved quite a bit of customization. The combination of the product, and the amazing Verenia team that supports it, put our company in a position where we were only limited by our own imaginations. As a Developer/Programmer, I love that it gave me a solid foundation, but didn't lock me in a box. EOS CPQ has a little bit of a learning curve at first. After that, someone with just basic computer skills can use it to build a great system, and someone who understand code can really take it to the next level. It's the best of both worlds.

Elizabeth D.

Not bad for a newbie :)

Reviewed on 2015/12/03

It was interesting for me because I was a fresh set of eyes to the new configurator as well. From the week experience I had with the original one, I can say that this is far more streamlined and more user friendly. I particularly like the prompts on the sidebar when parts don't match up, as well as not having to return back to the header should you need to select a different type of seat. It runs faster, DocLinking is no longer the nightmare it once was. All of the minor stuff that was part-specific was addressed by Vic and Jordan quickly. I think the team needed to do more testing/training for a smoother launch.

Eric Y.

A configurator that has been developed by people that know what configurators should do.

Reviewed on 2015/05/01

The EosCloudStore configurator is an outstanding product. It has been fun to learn and apply to our business. The support from Verenia is first rate. The few (very few) issues that have come up during our conversion process have been resolved quickly and accurately. Questions are answered in the same way. This feels like a configurator that has been developed by people that know what configurators should do - with a bottom to top approach to configuration that allows you to accomplish anything you want in the simplest way possible.

Chris C.

The Solution to our Problem

Reviewed on 2015/10/19

With minimal training for its use, I can knock out a quote in just a couple minutes. There is a visual layout of the product I've configured which reduces the opportunity for errors. Previously, we used Live PDF files with drop downs to make selections. This was tedious and time consuming and quite often, our customers would select an option that they didn't want. Not anymore!

Cons??? none. but I'll like it even more when its fully functional from my Android phone....

Scott W.

Excellent - exceeding expectations

Reviewed on 2015/04/28

It was a lot of work getting product up and running where we needed it to be (in working seamlessly with our ERP system), but have now found that the possibilities are vast and anything we want we can make that happen. This is the next step for us as a manufacturer and will vastly improve the way we do things.

Now that we have Eos working we just carry on from there in making the product do what we would like it to do.

Randle M.

I really enjoyed working with the new configurator software used by my employer.

Reviewed on 2015/12/08

Overall I was very pleased with the software that was just updated at Freedman Seating. It was easy to navigate, user friendly and very efficient. This software made order entry much faster than before. The only con's were minor bug fixes, pricing adjustments but these were attended to very quickly by Verenia. The tech support was great and I was very happy with the product.

Elizabeth H.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2015/12/04

Pricing, options, and information needed is available in just a click of a button. Saves time when quoting product to our customers, as we can customize it based on our customer's needs. It reduces pricing errors and allows us to respond back to customers quickly and efficiently.

Erick P.

EosCPQ App

Reviewed on 2015/12/08

I have only PROS for this APP. Makes working a lot easier since i can type in a part number and find the cost instantly! The EosCPQ also has the parts descriptions in detail which is very helpful for new employees as myself.

Alex G.

A Great Time Saver!

Reviewed on 2015/06/16

In a work environment where pricing accuracy is important this tool has helped me to be both accurate and consist with my pricing to our customers. It has removed the possibility of errors and mis-quotes. I LOVE IT!

A++

Brian M.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great end user interface

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

Excellent

Pros

This software allows for a seamless and direct quoting platform and configuration for the end user. This saves time, money, and also provides a polished and professional output. It also allows for built in forecasting and follow up.

Cons

Nothing other than a little education to make sure configuration is accurate. All the tools are built-in

Response from Verenia

Hi Brian - Thanks for the great review! Our commitment to customer satisfaction is our #1 priority!

Justin F.
  • Industry: Furniture

Excellent Software!

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

I enjoy using the software, it boosts my productivity and is fun to use!

Pros

The interface is very user friendly and allows me to quickly and accurately enter our product information.

Cons

The accuracy of the program necessitates extra mouse clicks.

James E.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Still in the programming process

Reviewed on 2020/12/09

So far everything has been going well with creating the configurator. There are a large amount of work that is in process that still needs completed. Very excited to get to the finish line on this project.

Pros

I like how it can be tailored to my company and industry.

Cons

We don't have it complete and running to have anything to add to this column.

Lara H.

Verenia CPQ is the Configuration and operation software.

Reviewed on 2020/12/05

In Verenia CPQ we have different functionalities like product configurator, pricing engine, quoting system, proposal management, and contract & order entry/order negotiations. As we have a product configurator in Verenia CPQ so we can create bundle offers and discounts and also, we can adjust the price according to customers, rules, and situations. In this, we can save proposal templates and have a pre-templates proposal and we can send it to any company in one click. We can control any type of contract with the help of this CPQ.

Pros

I like this software for its stability and work function and this software awesome for company data analysis. I can completely organize the dynamic rate details and company budgets. I am very happy to use this software because I can adjust my company discounts and control prices according to my requirements. Verenia CPQ product functionality is very easy to use and less complex so that anyone can use it perfectly.

Cons

The speed of the system is slow it needs a high internet speed connection otherwise I can't find any serious problem while working with Verenia CPQ.

Carrie R.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Verenia CPQ - AMAZING if you find yourself spending time creating items, BOMs, Routers in...

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

We have had a wonderful experience with Verenia and their staff. Everyone is very helpful and knowledgeable. I could not imagine using NetSuite without our Verenia add-in.

Pros

The Verenia CPQ has saved us a full time employee workload by creating new items for us in NetSuite using standardized item names, descriptions, pricing, BOM, Router, etc. It's helped streamline the quoting process by making it simple enough for anyone to create our quotes, allows us to get quotes back to our customers very quickly and is a completely customizable tool.

Cons

We have a small staff and need less than their 5 license minimum but it's still worth the spend to us.

Zack D.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Once you've used it, you won't want to be without it

Reviewed on 2020/11/25

Overall I cant imagine going back to having to do my job without it!

Pros

I appreciate that it allows for me to streamline my quoting process and allows me to properly quote a product as a full assembly while also providing me with a unique part number that references the components involved, making production much easier as well.

Cons

It took a little bit of time and effort to really get everything set up in a cohesive and productive way, but customer support was a huge help in doing so and really made the process as painless as possible, even if tedious.