FieldPulse

Upgrade your trade

Tommy

Best CRM

Reviewed on 2020/01/25

We are an electrical service business and Fieldpulse has a been a huge deal in helping us manage our business activities on a daily basis. We are able to track all customers, projects, jobs, money. We are able to create estimates and invoice.

Pros

Fieldpulse is a robust CRM that has many useful functions and the team continues to add to it. I have used other CRM's including jobber and none are as good as Fieldpulse. The Fieldpulse team also has great support that listens to you and actually supports you. They also have a feature called engage that integrates VOIP into their software. I believe this is something I have not seen in any other CRM.

Cons

It can be quicker at loading pages. Would like to see estimate function be stronger such as integrating an estimate program or create one internally that would streamline for anybody to be able to use in the field and not just experienced users. Would like to see Fieldpulse integrate with many other apps like other softwares such as Zapier, Waveapps, Mailchimp.

Jobber

Reasons for Switching to FieldPulse

Fieldpulse is more robust than jobber and easier to use for our electric service business. Additional is the support from the team.

Response from FieldPulse

Tommy, thanks so much for your great review. At the end of the day, our goal is to help you make more money and win back time. We're so glad that we can help your electrical business every day.

Cheers,
Gabe Pinchev, CEO

Adam

Great features at a great price

Reviewed on 2021/11/24

My intended purpose for Field Pulse is to be able to manage 90% of my business from the field. I take calls, create clients, create estimates, complete work, invoice, and take payment all from my phone or tablet from the field. I want to minimize how much time spent on data entry on my computer in the office. With Field Pulse, I will primarily only need to work on complex estimates, back-up of data, and accounting audits from my computer at home. That will cut my workload down significantly. With the new Pricebook feature I may not even need to use my workstation pc to work on complex estimates. Time will tell on that one.

Pros

I love the amount of features you get for the price. I am coming from Jobber which I use as the gold standard for small to medium sized field service business software. Compared to Jobber I feel that Field Pulse offers a very comparable set of features at half the price of Jobber. While improvement and new features are always welcome, I feel that Field Pulse is on par or better that their competition.

Cons

The work flow is quite a bit different from what I would like. The best example is only having the ability to set one visit for each job. While the obvious workaround is to update the date each time a new date is needed or create multiple jobs under the project tabs, but, honestly, the easier solution is to have the ability to attach multiple visits to a single Job. That I believe is a more natural workflow for most users in my industry. In fact, Field Pulse, is the only field service management software that doesn't allow for this. All the big names like Jobber, Housecall Pro, Workiz, all use this workflow model with great success. I would also like the ability to view my client database alphabetically by last name. The current model is the alphabetize it by first name which is very backwards from any other CRM type solution on the market. I am not on a first name basis with many of my clients and when searching for them in my master list, I have to hunt for the last name.

Jobber and QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Choosing FieldPulse

Primarily price. I needed to minimize my overhead while maintaining as many business-critical features as possible. With Field Pulse, I think I found the best option of price versus features.

Jobber

Price and Features

Response from FieldPulse

Hi Adam! Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to leave us such incredible feedback! We are currently building out the ability to track multiple visits for a single job! I've also added the ability to filter customers by first name to our development wish list. We will follow up with you as soon as both of those become available! Thanks again!

Maher

Great value but misses the mark on some aspects

Reviewed on 2020/01/24

FieldPulse allows our electrical contracting business to operate smoothly, communicate effectively and schedule customers and employees.

Pros

Great financial value, easy to use, has the ability to maintain the team on the same page by using customer and job notes as well as pictures.

Cons

App can be very slow, does not work without internet connection, and can be glitchy. Address auto population sometimes works and other times doesn’t. Search fields for materials are not very intuitive. Pictures take a very long time to upload to app extended the time it takes for estimates. Phone notifications will display improperly when changing the status of jobs.

Knowify

Reasons for Choosing FieldPulse

For the better ability to choose pricing options, better customer communication capabilities, and better value for price.

Knowify

Financial Value.
Sharon
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Managing FieldPulse

Reviewed on 2023/12/19

I have been pretty happy with FieldPulse and find that I can get help just a click of the question mark on the right of the screen.

Pros

I like that you can assign a technician to a job, then follow them throughout the day and see how they progress.

Cons

Just the learning curve, because FieldPulse is pretty user fieldly, I just need to know where and how to use. I've only been using a couple weeks.

Jason

FieldPulse - The all around software solution for contractors and service providers!!!

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Overall, I think FieldPulse is one of the biggest contenders out there. Even up against Co-Construct and BuilderTrend which are priced way out of the hands of single person or small businesses to be able to incorporate and try and they don't even trial their software. FieldPulse has pretty much the features to be able to run a successful contracting or field service company.

Pros

What I liked most about FieldPulse are the features that it has for the price of using the software. It is very reasonably priced for big companies all the way down to the single person business.

Cons

Wish they had estimating options as well as item/service database features, but after talking to a rep, it looks that they are continually working on it and puts my expectancy on these features at ease knowing that they are improving all the time.

Tradify

Reasons for Choosing FieldPulse

Was too cumbersome to effectively use their software even as a suite as they all did not share the same data or had the same connectivity between the apps.

Zoho One

Reasons for Switching to FieldPulse

FieldPulse had more features such as scheduling, website portal.

Response from FieldPulse

Jason, thanks so much for the review. It's hard working entrepreneurs like you that keep us motivated to build a great contractor platform.

We are always improving the platform, and your comment about item/service database is clutch. We will have some tremendous new features to announce in the coming months, so stay tuned.

Please always let us know if we can help in anyway. Our customer success team all sits right next to me here in Dallas, Texas and we love hearing from you guys!

--Gabriel Pinchev, CEO

Bethany

FieldPulse 5* Review

Reviewed on 2022/11/08

Our overall experience with FieldPulse has been very positive. We are currently growing as a small business and we hope that this software can aid us in our growth to automate things we do not need to spend time on, allowing us to focus our time & attention on important matters.

Pros

This software has been easy and efficient to use. It has so many features that make running our local business much easier. The support you receive from FieldPulse is excellent and they always listen to customer feedback. They are also constantly looking to innovate the product and are consistently adding new features! We have tried many booking software and this suits our service-based business best :)

Cons

I have always been given the opportunity to suggest new features and they are valued. On numerous occasions, my suggestions have been implemented into the software. The mobile app could be improved but it is a new software so I am sure it will only get better and better. The ability to have 2 way messaging would be beneficial.

Timely

Reasons for Choosing FieldPulse

I disliked Service M8, it was clunky and not user friendly.

Reasons for Switching to FieldPulse

We used Timely for 2 years and LOVED it. However, as our business is growing we needed a more service-based booking software to suit us.
Matt

New user

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

I am solving the communication barrier between my field technicians and office administration. Providing one platform to use as a CRM and field management tool as well as a direct line of communication between all parties is definitely nice. Even with all the app glitches, and all the time spent trying to upload photos or dealing with no network service while in the field, i think it is promising and worth sticking with you guys while having faith that you will eventually perfect it and get the kinks worked out.

Pros

Scheduling features are nice and intuitive compared to your competitors software. Ability for team to easily access service history and customer equipment is also a huge benefit to us.

Cons

All the bugs on iOS. I have taken a dozen or so screenshots of all the glitches i have encountered just in the 2-3 weeks I’ve been using the app. Have to force close and restart app numerous times a day. Will try on other devices before we decide if we are going to roll this out or continue our search for CRM / field management software.

Fieldpoint

Reasons for Choosing FieldPulse

Cost for basic features kept going up. No plans to work out kinks or improvements. After a year of use not one update or bug fix. The previous update a year prior made the application even more glitchy and nearly unusable.

Reasons for Switching to FieldPulse

Pricing displayed on your site, no “schedule a demo” needed. Intuitive interface, both Quickbooks and Square integration. Ability to store files and forms, ability to create forms, reoccurring scheduling included with basic features (intuit / corrigo was being petty and started charging additional for reoccurring job scheduling as an upgraded feature.
Gina

Glad we switched to Field Pulse

Reviewed on 2022/11/08

We are getting so organized and leaving the paper behind. We are able to track everything in one place and access any information we need at a touch of a button. The customer support has been amazing for us. Any time I have an issue I can reach out and someone is there SUCH a great thing. They always solve my problems. They will even send a short video to walk you through something which is amazingly helpful.

Pros

The features I like most about this program is being able to have all of my information in one place. Being able to create customers into a service and make tags for reports. The ease of links everywhere to be able to click from any page is a real plus.

Cons

Linking a service with an invoice, having to 'load more' when trying to find a client instead of being able to just scroll, calendar needs to be more flexible the views of that are hard to navigate when you are in a hurry scheduling a client.

Housecall Pro and Jobber

Reasons for Choosing FieldPulse

Needed something more organized that would give us a few other benefits such as employee tracking, employee field usage of the program. We are able to schedule in the office and our crews see the changes immediately on their tablets.

Reasons for Switching to FieldPulse

Field Pulse had so many features that were all in one. I like the employee in field tracking. They can also let the clients know they are coming and that is a plus. The dedicated phone lines instead of having to issue everyone phones. The options of the forms being able to create custom forms is a plus.
Ryan

Fieldpulse - Used Daily!

Reviewed on 2020/01/24

I believe that FieldPulse is quite wonderful compared to other products. It is really helpful. One space that I feel like could grow, too, is job tracking. The way that it works, isn't very conducive to our business.

Pros

My favorite part about Fieldpulse is the ability to see all my jobs on the go. It keeps me informed of where I need to be, as well as where my team is.

Cons

I like the status options least. The five options include: lead, opportunity, current customer, lost, and other. What about past customers? Generally speaking, we use other for things like vendors or subcontractors, whereas when a current customer's job is over--where do they go?

Buildertrend

Reasons for Switching to FieldPulse

The mobile ability, customer tracking, and price point were far superior to any other options.
Lloyd

Stoney Oaks Group Fieldpulse Review

Reviewed on 2020/12/09

Fair - Most support personnel were knowledgeable and helpful.

Fair - Most support personnel were knowledgeable and helpful.

Pros

It had several features. Integrated billing, schedule, customer database, etc. All the basic core features one could expect from a SAS model service software.

Cons

All of the below are of my and my teams opinion. With over 30 years in construction and engineering we feel like some additional tweaking would make huge improvements in the usability of this product.

The human interface and workflow was lacking, tremendously. The needed features are available, but the workflow to use the features are not intuitive, therefore confusing.

The grouping of menu items are not logical and the use of projects and jobs are convoluted.
The use of jobs is more like task's, as you can have multiple task (jobs) on one project.

Currently the dashboard list on the left are:

Customers
Subtask
Sales
Management
Company Settings

Looking at this from managing sales and managing projects point of view, a more logical list is as follows:

Customers (should be filtered for current user, with a toggle for all, with permissions)
Customer Details
(add Create Project button and remove the Create Job button)
(add Open Project button, with a list of projects for that customer. this takes you to the Project Management features below)

Sales (all of the below should be filtered for current user, with a toggle for all, with permissions)
Customers (goes to the customers page, filtered to only the current users customers)
Estimates (Estimates get converted to projects "not jobs")

Project Management (all of the below should be filtered for current user, with a toggle for all, with permissions)

Erin

My Perspective on FieldPulse

Reviewed on 2020/12/16

Building this system out for my business has been frustrating at times, but the FieldPulse team has been extremely cooperative and helpful throughout the process. Overall, the product has been an asset to my business, but I would like to see FieldPulse work more heavily with actual end users to work out the kinks and enhance some of the features.

Pros

The system is comprehensive, for the most part, in delivering field service functionality across the various processes of my business at a price point that a small company like mine can support. Customer service has been helpful and accommodating in finding work-arounds or making system updates to improve upon their product.

Cons

Some functions are not very intuitive and/or are extremely basic in their design. I would like to see some more functionality built in around effective scheduling, more complex form creation and Quickbooks timesheet integration.

Joe

FieldPluse Review

Reviewed on 2022/11/10

FieldPulse overall is a great management program for my business which has been the reason for the successfully growth of my small business in the past few months.

Pros

The FieldPulse program is great very easy to use with great support from all team personnel from FieldPluse

Cons

Currently i can't say i least like anything about the FieldPulse program

Tradify and ServiceM8

Reasons for Switching to FieldPulse

The great support from your team through out all the setting up and discussions to when deciding which program to purchase.
Evan

Money well spent!

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

Pros

Easy to schedule and manage jobs, easy to collect payments, great database to store customer information, ability to create templates and much more!

Cons

Little tricky dialing in differences between invoicing vs estimates vs collecting payments. I’m sure the step by step tutorial would be beneficial but I haven’t scheduled that yet.

Housecall Pro, Jobber and Service Fusion

Reasons for Switching to FieldPulse

Less money with just about the same options. Also their customer service is top notch!
Nicholas

FieldPulse is THE BEST!

Reviewed on 2023/04/19

Overall I have had a great experience with FieldPulse. It has made my life much easier in terms of scheduling, customer communication, invoicing and much more!

Pros

I love that FieldPulse is cloud based. I also love how easy they make it to keep in touch with customers via Engage!

Cons

There are small kinks like any program (glitches with invoices and whatnot) but the support team is quick, responsive and always ready to help.

Housecall Pro
Joel
  • Industry: Design

Just use FieldPulse!

Reviewed on 2019/11/25

Pros

Good bang for the buck, easy to set up, great customer service that is US based. very easy to customize to your small business

Cons

wish we could upload more photos and larger photo sizes.

Response from FieldPulse

Joel, hello fellow Texan and thanks for the great review! We're adding your feature requests to our backlog. We live for helping our small business friends with modern apps. Cheers! --Gabriel Pinchev, CEO

Dave
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 2020/12/09

Pros

Easy setup and very user friendly. Product support and training were top notch

Cons

System does not integrate very well with quickbooks and when exported out, info is scattered everywhere in quickbooks. Software is not working well for us as we have single customers with alot of individual site and units to keep up with. There is nowhere to store unit info, and no easy way to open work orders to a unit instead of a customer location. It would also be nice to be able to generate purchase orders to a work order to track parts

Erik

Software for Tradesmen

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

I have had great response from customer service. Many options to get in touch with support.

Pros

The ease of use has been nice. Keeps my up to date with the app. Putting together estimates is a breeze.

Cons

Would be nice to customize the layout out of certain menus. Being able to customize the estimates would be nice. Maybe have the ability to drag and drop info on screens.

Response from FieldPulse

Erik, thanks for your review. We pride ourselves on our passion for the trades. Our goal is to make the management side of your job as easy as possible. Feel free to contact support anytime. We have a knowledgeable and friendly team always eager to help. --Gabriel Pinchev, CEO

Toddy

Helped!

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

I save time and am more organized very professional

I save time and am more organized very professional

Pros

This program kept me more organized I like having customer records and info also makes great looking invoices. I put in cons that sometimes the software glitches but I contact the developers and they fix it. Great customer service

Cons

Sometimes glitches but the customer service is great they answer back very quickly and let me know when it’s fixed

Response from FieldPulse

Toddy, thanks so much for the nice review! We're always glad to hear about quick responses and that our team is making a real difference. Even more, it's great to hear that FieldPulse is helping your business stay organized and appear professional while saving you time!

Janet

Field Pulse Review

Reviewed on 2023/10/09

My overall experience is going pretty well.

My overall experience is going pretty well.

Pros

I like that everything you need is right there in one place.

Cons

So far, I haven't found anything I don't like.

david

Home service software

Reviewed on 2022/11/10

amzing.

amzing.

Pros

csr's are very quick to help and reply back,always open to new ideas and innovative

Cons

sometime like all software it has bugs and glitches.

Edward

Small business must have software

Reviewed on 2020/01/26

We use this software every day and it's great addition

We use this software every day and it's great addition

Pros

Easy to use, cloud based crm
We can use it from any computer

Cons

Sometimes maybe a bit longer to load but not a big deal. Most of the time it's pretty fast

Response from FieldPulse

Thanks for taking the time to give your feedback, Edward! We're glad to be an essential part of your business each and every day.

Cheers,
Gabe Pinchev, CEO

Keith

Do I need Field Pulse

Reviewed on 2022/11/09

It's been a help with managing clients.

It's been a help with managing clients.

Pros

A need if you are a growing company that needs a system that can help you manage.

Cons

I would like to see more ways to track sales and losses.

Justin

FieldPulse has really helped improve our invoicing, customer database, and job scheduling

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Pros

Customer data base and google maps integration is nice to use while driving to location. Tech support has been spot on as well.

Cons

Not being able to see customers phone number from job record and not being able to email file attachments straight from app like you can invoice or estimates.

Cory

I have used it for a couples months for my HVAC company.

Reviewed on 2018/06/16

Pros

The responsiveness of the Fieldpulse support team is amazing. I usually have my questions answered and explained within minutes. The software is super easy to use and by FAR the easiest I have tried to integrate with Quickbooks online. It is also is very user friendly, If I was able to figure it out within a few hours of using it anyone can.

Cons

As of now I have no complaints. The app is very user friendly and even my service technicians who are not tech savvy have been able to easily learn the ins and outs of it.

Matthew
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Good overall software

Reviewed on 2020/12/19

Pros

We really enjoy the custom fields and tags as well as the ability to use projects to start multiple orders. Overall it’s a great service and really helped us organize our business flow

Cons

Updates have had spotty results. I haven’t noticed very many additional features in the app with the updates but I have had a recent issue occur where the app won’t even open anymore on iPhone 8