Expeni Reviews

Expeni

Low-priced, simple and easy to use purchase order system!

4.9/5 (33 reviews)
Kostas K.

Excellent PO Management Tool

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Expeni is the ideal PO System for any kind of company (small, medium, big) because of its ease of use. Now, we can organize all Purchase Order requests and have a summary of these. E-mail and oral requests about orders are now forbidden and finally there are no misundersandings between the requesters and the approvers. Also, Expeni helped our company to be in accordance with ISO as required.

Pros

- It is very easy to use
- Many permissions regarding the role in the departments
- The combination of the approvals (any, all or at least one approves)

Cons

- The report must be improved. It is very simple.

Marleen J.

A life savior for business owners

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

My business is more efficient.

Pros

I had a very hard time managing my vendors and I am so happy that I found this software. It is easier for me to keep track of purchase orders and make payments at the end of the month.

Cons

Had some trouble with features like setting up a budget but the team was quick to help me resolve it.

Qhawe M.

Use friendly and cost efficient platfrom!

Reviewed on 2017/03/23

We rolled out Expeni about 2.5months ago in our company in Botswana, Africa as a measure of tracking our expenditure more efficiently and communicating our budgets and spending to the rest of the staff. Our top 3 expectations from the platform were Efficiency, economy and ease of use across all staff levels. Expeni has surpassed our expectations, we have saved about 10% on our monthly expenditure since rolling out the platform. We can now create relevant and timely reports on our expenditure. The staff is motivated due to budget ownership and we can finally create more accurate and reasonable budgets. Most importantly the Expeni staff has been very helpful, we get support almost immediately even though we are on the different side of the world. I would greatly recommend Expeni to any organization willing to keep track of their expenditure. This is a great way to increase your profitability!

Response from Expeni

Thank you for such a great review!
We truly enjoy working with you and feel honoured to be chosen for solving your PO related problems.

Parmeet S.

Really simple, straightforward solution for managing purchases. Best I found.

Reviewed on 2017/08/02

Pros

Its very simple and focused - incredible easy to use. It has great functionality such as setting up multiple levels of approvals, setting threshold for each level. Our complicated purchase process could easily be recreated on the software. It produces beautiful purchase orders. And it has functionality to even record the receipt of the goods and the form of payment.

Cons

I'm struggling to think of any cons. The reporting module is not very advanced - would have liked some infographics there.

Response from Expeni

Thank you for this great review. We are working on the reports and will be in touch with your related requirements.

Carla V.

Excellent product and service

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

We have streamlined our expenditure processes, have more detailed information to work with and better communication flow regarding purchases.
We would like to see a couple things change, but nothing we haven't been able to work around.

Pros

My forst review was in the initial stages. This is an updated review. Expeni is user-friendly and easy to navigate and customize. We have about 12 users who all have given positive feedback. Customization to our specific need was easy and support is always quick to respond when we have questions. I am excited about new developments and upgrades and the software evolves.

Raghav S.

An excellent tool for anyone looking at creating Purchase Orders.

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Ease of doing business !!

Pros

Great tool, easy set up, easy use, a no fuss application for onyone looking at a clean ordering tool for their organization. Been a user now for little under 6 months and have found this to be a great time saving and easy deployment tool within our team. Support from the team has been nothing short of exceptional, have always received a response within a day and have found solutions to all our queries. Highly recommend the application to anyone using native accounting bundles.

Cons

In all honesty, we haven't found any issue that couldn't be resolved with the assistance of the expeni team. As mentioned the app is a perfect ordering tool, if you are looking for more than an ordering tool, then this isn't it. The area we believe they are working on is the reporting and multi-currency functionality, this will be great as currently, the reports are limited.

Brad H.

Expeni is a great Purchase Order program. Very easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Saves us money with unnecessary spending

Pros

Customer Support is outstanding. Their willingness to add functions to help your business is awesome. Very cooperative.
As for as the program itself, once it is set up, it is very easy to use.

Cons

Does require some time to set up but once it is, it basically works on its own. Would be even better if, once a P.O. is approved, it could be automatically sent to the vendor

Response from Expeni

Thank you for such a great review.. We will contact you regarding email to vendor options.

Nadim I.

BEST SIMPLE TO USE PO SYSTEM

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

eliminated the use of manual po books and elimiated the use of our DMS system which is not as streamlined as Expani

Pros

Web based, clean interface have the ability to add custom fields and make them mandatory has a activity log which shows the time stamp

Cons

some mandatory fields are not removable. cannot add vendor from the PO screen must exit the screen to add. It would be nice if you could type a vendor and if it does not exist to have the option to add it right in the PO creation screen

Adrienne H.

Fantastic Support

Reviewed on 2017/05/24

Pros

Very user friendly. Easy to set up and navigate. Everything is integrated, we can email Purchase Order direct to suppliers by email.

Cons

Limited reporting. The support team here are fantastic and come straight back to reply to queries. They are currently working on lots of additional features which should greatly enhanced the overall product.

Response from Expeni

Thank you for great words. We are continously adding new features and improving the system for the best of our customers.

Richard C.

Expeni is a great Purchase Order system for small businesses.

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Departmental budgeting.

Pros

Everything. Ease of use, customer support response time, functionality are all great. Especially like the Departmental budget functionality so that Dept Heads can keep track of their budgets.

Cons

The only con is that the requester can close out a PO. Only someone in Finance should be able to close out a PO.

Response from Expeni

Thank you for such a great review. We will be in touch regarding the PO Close access issue.

Liza A.

Glad to be a part of the Expeni Family!

Reviewed on 2017/04/27

I have had nothing but great communication with the department heads on every single requisition that I have created. I like that I do my part and just wait on the rest which is usually really quick, and that I can see the progress of my requisitions step by step. Would definitely recommend it!

Pros

That each pending or approved decision is on hardcopy where I can see the progress.

Cons

Nothing to not like till this date. Works great for me.

Response from Expeni

Liza, thank you for such a great review.

Vahe T.

Wonderful Service, Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2017/03/31

Great support, the software was easy to learn how to use and has great features for budget tracking, approvals and order requisitions. I'd highly recommend Expeni to any company that is looking for a system to org

Pros

Approval level and budget tracking

Cons

I wish there was an iPhone/iPad app

Response from Expeni

Thank you for such a great review and wish! We do understand the need of an app so have started looking into the possibilities to develop an app. Will keep you in the loop.

Holly W.

Wonderfull

Reviewed on 2017/10/02

The software is helping us to streamline the Engineering Department by keeping better track of Purchase Requests from the request to the payment.

Pros

We are new to the software but have been more than happy with not only the very quick responses to our questions but the very quick customization's we have requested.
I had a password issue that was fixed within an hour or so even!

Naeem J.

Simple and powerful PO software

Reviewed on 2016/11/16

We are using it for our two branch locations and a head office. It has replaced our paper based POs. Very easy to use. Email notifications and different levels of approvals features are great.

Their support team responds quickly and do more than we ask. I recommend it to others. Price vs what you get and save is definetly worth having it.

I would like them to add some graphical overview of the budegts vs spend. Also having a single sign on feature would be great. Hoping to get these in future.

Pros

Easy to use. Email notifications and ability to add payments. Delivery can be received right in the items list section instead of going to other page.

Cons

Would like to have a single sign on feature from our office network.

Response from Expeni

Thanks for a nice review. We will try to catch up asap on your feature wish.

Sarah L.

A breeze to transition and track all orders for our restaurant

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

Pros

I like that the software is very user friendly. Overall it is easy to submit any of our orders to be approved.

Cons

The thing I like least from the software is not being able to submit file attachments in the form of excel.

Response from Expeni

Sarah, thank you for such a great review. Good point about the excel file upload. We have just added this option :-).

Kevin N.

Great for Business

Reviewed on 2017/10/18

Pros

Ease of use, budgets are easy to set up and the approval process is simple. Very little learning curve for staff to be able to use it efficiently.

Cons

It would be nice to see a few more features, such as logos on POs and a working purchase option for users to log in and select products to add to their PO.

Carla V.

Excellent Customer Service and follow up.

Reviewed on 2017/06/20

We are a bit new to Expeni, but we are very impressed so far with the trial version and the level of customer service we have received. I would definitely recommend Expeni to anyone looking for this type of software. I would like my overall review to be a 5 at this point

Pros

We like the user-friendliness and simplicity of the software. The team at Expeni has been super helpful in answering all of our questions. The only reason for 3 stars on overall quality is that I can give this an honest rating because we aren't using it yet.

Randy K.

Love the product ... LOVE the support team!!

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

I cannot say enough GREAT things about their support. During the evaluation period they were very responsive and helpful. That level of support has continued after we licensed the product. Very fast responses. Helpful answers. And extra offers of assistance to help us fix some of our data entry issues.

License Expeni and you will not be disappointed!

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use. Just the right number of features. Exactly the type of software to tracking your purchasing and spending details against a budget.

The ability to add file attachments is a big bonus and really helps reduce paper.

Cons

Reporting could be more robust (already in their planning process).

Chris P.

Very handy and simple

Reviewed on 2017/03/08

I met Expeni through our hotel Managing Director. He showed me how to use this and it's such a simple to use and I could use immediately after 1 min. instruction

Pros

Simplicity and quick

Response from Expeni

Thank you for a great review. We will discuss the report requirements with you.

Travis P.

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

It's easy to use and so good value for money. Especially 24/7 technical support is the best for first users.

Pros

Response from Expeni

Thank you. We are grateful for the pleasure of serving you. We will discuss the supplier report option with you.

Cherice H.

My review

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/06/08

OMG, having to run around the building to collect signatures! I am free of that task!
I like the ease of locating past Purchase order info.
It's a real time-saver to able to copy a previous PO.

Pros

Email alerts are useful in case I forget to log in to Expeni to check pending approvals.

Cons

Attachment file type limitations are a drawback.

Response from Expeni

Thank you for your great review!
We will review the attachment file types and add .xlxs, .zip etc.

Vu N.

So far so good

Reviewed on 2017/10/18

Pros

The best part is the app. When taking a picture of my receipt, it automatically syncs with the website and it tells me who the vendor is, and date of when the receipt was created.

Cons

When there is a question regarding the software, I have used the chat function. However, the chat function is not helpful as there is no response until after 30 minutes or so. My perception of the chat is that it is immediate.

Raquel A.

easy to work with

Reviewed on 2017/04/05

Expeni is a good software easy to work with,The support staff is a very kind person and always tries his best to understand our needs , we have been live for a week and so far the software is good Extremely user friendly easy to use and understand .

Pros

Extremely user friendly easy to use and understand

Martin G.

Expeni PR Processing Software

Reviewed on 2017/04/03

We recently started using Expeni to process PR's electronically. Everything that we have seen so far leads me to believe that we will have spent our money very wisely. The system is very user friendly.

Response from Expeni

Martin, Thank you for such a great review. Our mission is to save you time and money!

Thuli S.

Perfect PO System so far

Reviewed on 2017/03/24

Expeni is a perfect system for our organisation and the developers understand our needs and are always there to listen to our needs and they go all the way to customize the app. Best support so far and very affordable.

Pros

Easy to use, nice GUI

Response from Expeni

Thank you for this great review. We will followup with you on your Request for funds feature.