GoCo Reviews

4.5/5 (12 reviews)
Lacey N.

Great paperless hiring for small business - FREE

Reviewed on 2017/11/17

Pros

First, this software is completely free! I was amazed because it is a great product for nothing. They are open that they'd like to set you up with their benefits provider. They did call once, but it was no pressure and they were quick .

You can start a hire from start to finish here and it sends them an email letting them know they need to fill out paperwork online. It really streamlines my process. Employees can also update their direct deposit and request vacation days here.

It has a very modern look and feel and customer service is AWESOME. They get back to you so quickly. Great product that syncs with Slack, PayChecks, ADP and Outlook calendar.

Cons

I am waiting for more functionality. I'd like to be able to retroactively add current employees with ease. Currently, I'd have to enter them individually. But the software is free and streamlined my onboarding so I'm happy.

Melanie K.

If you are looking for a one stop HR portal - look no further than GoCo

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Pros

I love the fact that not only does it integrate with our Slack platform - it is very comprehensive as far as managing our HR systems. It keeps our team organized - we can see benefits, documents, vacation and other time off requests in one place. It makes our new employee onboarding a breeze!

Cons

Our vacation time doesn't track as well as we'd like and the response time from some team members was a little laggy but that particular issue has been resolved by their restructuring of their internal team.

Matt R.

Great HR and On boarding Solution

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

Pros

Very easy to use. Great way to manage our on boarding, PTO and HR needs.

Cons

Disappointed that GoCo has gone to up-charging for functionality when they swore they wouldn't do that like Zenefits did in the sales cycle.

Kat S.

Disappointing. Should have stuck with Zenefits.

Reviewed on 2017/10/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I'm optimistic that Goco will continue adding improvements and additional staff until their product is as strong as Zenefits. I'd just hold off signing up until that happens.

Pros

Goco promised a lot - everything Zenefits offered (since it was founded by former staff of theirs) - plus MORE! Unfortunately, in my opinion they haven't delivered. The pros are that this is basically a free software if you don't add any bells and whistles, and it is WAYbetter than managing an HR system on paper or with spreadsheets. The onboarding process is great on the new employee side. The staff have welcomed my feedback when I give it, which I appreciate.

Cons

As soon as we switched to Goco, we entered a nightmare. We were charged for things the sales rep said we wouldn't be (the company executives sent a very nice apology about that misunderstanding), the functionality did not live up to its promises and has lots of annoying little UI issues, and it is like pulling teeth to get a response from my account rep (I received a separate apology directly from the exec about that). From my perspective, Goco is suffering new-startup syndrome where they overloaded their staff and make promises they can't possibly deliver. I do believe that my Customer Service rep and all the staff are genuinely trying their best and that the company has simply bitten off more than they can chew.

Brian R.

Simplified our HR & Benefits work by 10 fold

Reviewed on 2016/08/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We love the new hire onboarding, paperless everything, managing the day to day like PTO requests and approvals, and compliance layer that's always looking out for us and keeping us in check. Our employees love the easy to use interface and ability to self manage all of their benefits and paid time off. Oh... and we love Slack integration, so cool.

Cons

We'd love to see integration with additional project management software

Super easy to use, excellent support

Reviewed on 2017/12/18

We've been able to dramatically reduce the time spent on administrative tasks. I can now spend my time focused on our people rather than spreadsheets and fax machines!

Pros

Easy to use, easy to navigate. The ability to integrate with our current payroll was huge. The benefits and HR tools are excellent - 'magic docs', employee onboarding and self-service benefits especially have saved us countless hours

Cons

We've not come across anything we're unhappy with so far. The 'team feedback' features could be improved, but we are not currently using that section

Michael R.

HR department in-a-box

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/11/27

This has made our HR wor so much easier. As a small business, we need support, and that is exactly what GoCo gives us without spending $1,000's of dollars.

Pros

It's your one stop shop for an in-house HR department. I can track all of my payroll information, request offs, medical etc, without multiple forms, meetings etc.

Cons

At times, it can be difficult to find what you are looking for with their labels, but overall its great.

Easy for just about anyone to use

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/06/22

Simple and easy to use

Pros

The clean and easy-to-read design makes it a pleasant user experience. There aren't an abundance of navigation options to confuse users who might otherwise get lost searching for something specific.

Cons

We can't see company or team organizational information, so it's a very individual use focused tool for companies.

Jessica T.

Really Nice Platform

Reviewed on 2018/02/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I really like using GoCo. Its a good way to keep track of our office staff and track of their time off and keep up to date.

Makes it easy to access benefit information

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

Single-sign on with Google means I can easily get in and access what I need. It's easy to make simple updates and the open enrollment process was mostly straightforward.

Cons

Going thru open enrollment I wasn't sure by messaging whether my changes had actually been permanently saved, but other than that specific use-case everything else has been very easy to access and understand.

Benny S.