Showing 47 reviews of 46

Cassie Z.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great Software & Consistently Awesome Service

Reviewed on 2021/02/12

We currently meet with our GoCo representative once a month to 'check-in', and have done so since we switched to GoCo years ago. This says ALOT! They want feedback on the good, the bad, and the challenging, and they ALWAYS act on it. If I have a question that I send to our representative, I have no doubt that I will get a response within an hour. I've said this before, and I'll say it again, it's so nice to work with company that aligns with our core values. They are definitely a great team that Gives Customers What They Want and Builds Something Special every step of the way!

Pros

I use GoCo mainly when I need to update our Team Members' profile to make them eligible for benefits within our Company. GoCo makes offering our Team Members benefits and enrolling them into our plans so much easier! During open enrollment, not only am I sending our eligible Team Members emails to remind them to enroll in our benefits, but GoCo is also sending them multiple emails so they don't miss their opportunity to take advantage of their potential benefits. It's so refreshing to get rid of all the paperwork and complete everything electronically flawlessly.

Cons

Our company structure is set up a little differently than most. We have multiple companies under one umbrella company. This makes it a tad bit challenging for GoCo to be able to structure the profile setup, necessary documents, and permissions, but they have turned this into an opportunity to make updates and create additional features.

Alex K.
  • Industry: Automotive

GoCo is simply the best HR related SaaS available

Reviewed on 2021/01/29

My overall experience has been nothing but exceptional. I really have no complaints whatsoever!

Pros

Everything. The implementation was a piece of cake with little to no work on our end. The open enrollment saved myself and my HR manager over a month of traveling to administer benefits across 4 states. The customer service is by far the best feature, as they're responsive even after hours and always willing to help!

Cons

The platform can be slow at times. Overall it's generally a non-issue but I have noticed that especially after hours that the whole website tends to get about 20% slower

Response from GoCo

Hi Alex,

Thank you so much for your review on GoCo! We are so happy to hear that the platform has helped with open enrollment, and that our customer service has been helpful. We've also passed along your feedback regarding platform speed, as your opinion is very valued. Please do not hesitate to reach out with additional questions or suggestions at any time!

Hannah H.

Love GoCo

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

Pros

GoCo is so easy to use. I love that it integrates with our ATS (Jazz HR) so flowing hired over is super easy. Our employees have a lot of documents to sign upon hire and having it all done electronically makes life so easy. It takes less than 5 minutes to set up a new hire - would recommend!

Cons

We’ve been experiencing an issue for the past few months with part time employees being changed to full time after onboarding by the system. It has taken awhile and there has yet to be a solution. Other than that, no complaints!

Response from GoCo

Hi Hannah,

Thank you so much for your review on the GoCo platform! We're so happy to hear that the product's ease-of-use, integrations, and document management features make your new hire process easier. We also value your constructive feedback on full-time vs. part-time employee status, and have passed this along to our team. Please do not hesitate to send over additional questions or suggestions at any time.

Amy H.

Great Tool for SMB|MM

Reviewed on 2021/02/01

Pros

It is a fairly intuitive software that is easy to learn. Very affordable and has a lot of features that other platforms nickel and dime you on. The support team is extremely responsive and you know that issues are not just going in the queue.

Cons

Some features still need work such at the PTO/Vacation and the Timesheet functionality. Background checks are not built-in as a feature of the tool and you can connect with a partner it is still one more relationship for me to manage. Same for some of the benefits. The reporting still needs some tweaking but most needed reports are there or can very easily be built in just moments.

Response from GoCo

Hi Amy,

Thank you very much for your review of GoCo! We're happy to hear that you've enjoyed the ease-of-use, pricing, and feature capabilities. We also value your constructive feedback on PTO/Vacation/Timesheets, as well as on background checks. We have passed your feedback along to our team -- please feel free to reach out with any additional questions or suggestions!

Melanie K.

If you are looking for a one stop HR portal - look no further than GoCo

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Pros

I love the fact that not only does it integrate with our Slack platform - it is very comprehensive as far as managing our HR systems. It keeps our team organized - we can see benefits, documents, vacation and other time off requests in one place. It makes our new employee onboarding a breeze!

Cons

Our vacation time doesn't track as well as we'd like and the response time from some team members was a little laggy but that particular issue has been resolved by their restructuring of their internal team.

Wes G.

GoCo is great HR software for SMBs

Reviewed on 2021/02/03

Great ease of use. Enjoyable user experience. Never any weird errors.

Pros

Onboarding is super easy. I was all set before I walked in on my first day.

Cons

Nothing offhand. I hear that there are edge cases for our HR setup at the company that GoCo has trouble handling, but they aren't major.

Response from GoCo

Hi Wes,

Thank you so much for your review of GoCo! We are glad to hear that your onboarding process has been made easier. We also value your constructive feedback, and will pass it along to our team. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our team with questions or additional suggestions at any time.

Fernando A.

Great Benefits Management Software

Reviewed on 2021/02/03

Pros

It’s easy to use and enrollment in benefits is very straightforward

Cons

It would be great to have a summary of key dates such as open enrollment windows

Response from GoCo

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for taking the time to review GoCo! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy the benefits enrollment features, and the platform's ease of use. We also value your feedback on key dates/open enrollment, and have passed that on to our team. Do not hesitate to reach out to us at any time with questions or suggestions.

Arianne H.
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Used Other for 2+ years

GoCo Review

Reviewed on 2021/02/08

Did the job.

Pros

Fairly easy to use product with some training.

Cons

The sign in button should be on the front page as well, not just have to go to menu to get in.

Jessica T.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Really Nice Platform

Reviewed on 2018/02/21

Pros

I really like using GoCo. Its a good way to keep track of our office staff and track of their time off and keep up to date.

Benny S.

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

Kat S.

Disappointing. Should have stuck with Zenefits.

Reviewed on 2017/10/11

I'm optimistic that Goco will continue adding improvements and additional staff until their product is as strong as Zenefits. I'd just hold off signing up until that happens.

Pros

Goco promised a lot - everything Zenefits offered (since it was founded by former staff of theirs) - plus MORE! Unfortunately, in my opinion they haven't delivered. The pros are that this is basically a free software if you don't add any bells and whistles, and it is WAYbetter than managing an HR system on paper or with spreadsheets. The onboarding process is great on the new employee side. The staff have welcomed my feedback when I give it, which I appreciate.

Cons

As soon as we switched to Goco, we entered a nightmare. We were charged for things the sales rep said we wouldn't be (the company executives sent a very nice apology about that misunderstanding), the functionality did not live up to its promises and has lots of annoying little UI issues, and it is like pulling teeth to get a response from my account rep (I received a separate apology directly from the exec about that). From my perspective, Goco is suffering new-startup syndrome where they overloaded their staff and make promises they can't possibly deliver. I do believe that my Customer Service rep and all the staff are genuinely trying their best and that the company has simply bitten off more than they can chew.

Ronnie M.
  • Industry: Insurance

A good service overall

Reviewed on 2021/02/04

It's been good overall, but I wish they would fix a few things with execupay.

Pros

This is a pretty good product, super user friendly and you don't need too much support usually. The team was good about setting it up with relatively few hiccups.

Cons

The payroll they sync with (execupay) does things relatively last minute which is pretty frustrating. We received and had to mail the 1099's on the same day, they didn't send it to the IRS on our behalf, etc...
They also do not understand how to set up individual HSA's which is super weird.

Response from GoCo

Hi Ronnie,

Thank you very much for your review of GoCo! We are so happy to hear that you find the platform to be user-friendly and easy to set-up. We've also taken your feedback on payroll & HSAs and passed it along to our team, because your thoughts are valued! Do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at any time.

James B.

GoCo exceptional for its offerings

Reviewed on 2021/02/04

Pros

The system is very well built, very streamlined and simple to use. Their syncs are very helpful for efficiencies in processes throughout payroll and HR.

Cons

More integration options would be nice, but not necessary for most day to day operations.

Response from GoCo

Hi James,

Thank you very much for your review on GoCo! We're grateful to hear that you are enjoying the ease-of-use, as well as the ability to sync payroll and HR features for efficiencies. We also value your constructive feedback regarding integration options, and have passed this along to our team. Do not hesitate to reach out to our team with any additional questions and suggestions.

Leah O.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Easy to navigate and wonderful customer service

Reviewed on 2021/02/12

I found it easy to use since day one. Our employees also find GoCo to be very user friendly.
They also have wonderful customer service. They respond quickly and area always helpful.

Pros

The software is easy to use and navigate.

Cons

I cannot think of anything at this time. I know they have features we do not use, but I am happy with the features we do use.

Making life easier!

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

GoCo makes life easier as an employee to track down personal data, leaves, teams related information. It's a go to place and a great employee portal.

Pros

Most easy and simple to use.
Able to get all your notifications on one page which reduces your efforts for searching.
Gives great overview of teams and profiles.
Simple and good UI. You can get everything at one place.

Cons

It creates a task for you for acknowledging the approvals/rejections.

• Industry: Insurance

Super easy to use, excellent support

Reviewed on 2017/12/18

We've been able to dramatically reduce the time spent on administrative tasks. I can now spend my time focused on our people rather than spreadsheets and fax machines!

Pros

Easy to use, easy to navigate. The ability to integrate with our current payroll was huge. The benefits and HR tools are excellent - 'magic docs', employee onboarding and self-service benefits especially have saved us countless hours

Cons

We've not come across anything we're unhappy with so far. The 'team feedback' features could be improved, but we are not currently using that section

Racheal W.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great overall

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

Makes filling out forms easy and getting information I need easy as well

Pros

Quick and easy and simple to use. Signing forms for hr is a breeze as well.

Cons

I have no comment for this. Never had an issue to dislike anything.

Response from GoCo

Hi Racheal,
Thank you very much for your review on GoCo! We're so happy to hear that your HR form-signing process has improved with our platform. Your feedback is valued and appreciated, so feel free to reach out to our team at any time with questions or suggestions.

- Aimie Y.

Dan M.

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Jenny V.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

From start to finish, amazing customer service and responsiveness.

Pros

This software has helped my business so much. It consolidated all the random spreadsheets I was using before and turned it into an actual, usable system.

Cons

There are a handful of features that aren't available, but they're always ready to hear my suggestions and they actually add them to a list of enhancements to add later!

Response from GoCo

Hi Jenny,

Thank you so much for your feedback on GoCo! We're so happy to hear that our platform has been able to consolidate your spreadsheet process and provide an all-in-one experience. As you mentioned, your feedback and suggestions are extremely valuable to our team, so feel free to reach out at any time with questions or suggestions.

Thank you again!

Kamberly H.
  • Industry: Printing

Great Product

Reviewed on 2021/02/08

Pros

GoCo has been a great addition to our HR department. It does a nice job of holding employee information, payroll, benefits, employee handbook and notes can be entered, as well. Customer Service is very helpful. I also receive emails when an employee has made a change to their account, from address to bank information.

Cons

Sometimes, GoCo gives me emails for changes to be made and are not correct. I then need to double check if the information is legit or not.

Nancy K.

Simple and easy to use

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

Online benefits onboarding is huge benefit for HR and the employee!

Pros

Onboarding is so simple and save a ton of administrative time by streamlining the onboarding process. Very employee friendly.

Cons

Historical reporting has been lacking. But that feature has recently been implemented and on it's way. Would like to have some data inputs on compensation that is visible just to administration and not employee.

Response from GoCo

Hi Nancy,

Thank you so much for your feedback on GoCo! We're so glad that the platform has been able to help with onboarding and administrative processes. We've also passed along your feedback on reporting and data input for future improvement opportunities. Your feedback is valued -- so don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or additional suggestions.

Lacey N.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great paperless hiring for small business - FREE

Reviewed on 2017/11/17

Pros

First, this software is completely free! I was amazed because it is a great product for nothing. They are open that they'd like to set you up with their benefits provider. They did call once, but it was no pressure and they were quick .

You can start a hire from start to finish here and it sends them an email letting them know they need to fill out paperwork online. It really streamlines my process. Employees can also update their direct deposit and request vacation days here.

It has a very modern look and feel and customer service is AWESOME. They get back to you so quickly. Great product that syncs with Slack, PayChecks, ADP and Outlook calendar.

Cons

I am waiting for more functionality. I'd like to be able to retroactively add current employees with ease. Currently, I'd have to enter them individually. But the software is free and streamlined my onboarding so I'm happy.

Matt R.

Great HR and On boarding Solution

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

Pros

Very easy to use. Great way to manage our on boarding, PTO and HR needs.

Cons

Disappointed that GoCo has gone to up-charging for functionality when they swore they wouldn't do that like Zenefits did in the sales cycle.

Amber B.

Love GoCo

Reviewed on 2021/01/30

Very easy to use.

Pros

Very User Friendly. Also Easy to navigate.

Cons

Just takes a few steps to upload documents

Response from GoCo

Hi Amber,

Thank you very much for your review of GoCo! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy the platform's ease-of-use and ease-of-navigation. We also value your constructive feedback around documents, and have passed that along to our team. Do not hesitate to reach out with any additional questions or suggestions!