Showing 27 reviews of 17

Showing 27 reviews of 17
Susanna M.

Basic tool tracking

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Basic tracking software, good price.

Pros

Easy to use, you can track the tool history, good customer service and support. Cost is good for the value.

Cons

The interface is quite old and basic. Unable to customize it. It's hard to set up printing options.

Kevin N.

Great Inventory Software at a Reasonable Price

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Pros

The software provides us the ability to use barcode labels to keep track of our inventory which is almost exclusively IT equipment (I'm an IT Operations Manager). We were starting from scratch since the previous Director of IT and Ops Manager didn't do any kind of inventory management. GigaTrak made it a simple process to import spreadsheets into the program and then print labels for each item.

Cons

The interface could use updating, but other than that, it's great!

Matthew B.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Everything you need, and more!

Reviewed on 2016/09/27

Gigatrak's asset management system is by far the best asset tracking system we have used, or even seen, in a very long time. Although there are some "competitors" that can offer similar functions and features, NO ONE was able to beat their pricing and support team(On average, we are saving $9,000 - yearly). I would recommend ANY type of business looking for an asset management/tracking system to look into Gigatrak FIRST, and see how the competition DOESN'T match up.

Pros

- Huge range of functions and features
- Wide range of different reporting options
- VERY, VERY good pricing compared to other tools.

Cons

- Mainly, this is our fault as a company, and being very "out dated" in our previous Asset Tracking System (paper based system.. in binders/books -_- ) - but having to manually enter each item does take up a good bit of time.

Valerie M.

GigaTrack purchase feed back

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

When looking into software for handling tracking of our equipment, this one seemed to be the best for our needs. Everyone at GigaTrak has been awesome to us when we got "stuck" or couldn't figure something out. They always walked through everything. I would highly recommend this software for anyone that keeps track of equipment and/or supplies.

Pros

User Friendly

Cons

The only con that I have come across it the search feature(s). I wish there were different ways to search. I have found that it has to be exact or it will not find something, like barcode or description, etc....

John H.

Exactly what we were looking for

Reviewed on 2016/09/06

Customer service was outstanding. Responses within an hour of sending & never made me feel dumb for not being the best with computers.

Pros

Simple to use. Looked at 5 different asset tracking companies. Only 1 with simple functions and not a lot of extras that I don't need and don't want to pay for.

Susan K.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Awesome!

Reviewed on 2018/11/08

Pros

Gigatrak has proved to be very helpful in tracking and locating our tools. It’s so nice to finally have a system that shows everything we have in our inventory. It’s so easy to use and learn. The support team is wonderful, they have been there to help me with every question I had.

Cons

My only concern about the system is that you cannot duplicate barcodes.

Clara V.

The best customer service and tool tracking software!

Reviewed on 2016/09/19

I just started at a new company, and they hired me to organize and set-up a tool tracking program to keep track of tool and assets. I did my research and kept coming back to Gigatrak. I finally pick up the phone and called to inquire. My contact person was Christie Bemis, a customer service rep. I can not tell you how please I was to speak to her about what I was looking for in a tool tracking program. Christie was amazing, she answered every question and followed up with me to make sure I happy with ordering the right tool tracking software for the company.

Pros

This software is user-friendly. Easy to navigate and no CD's to install.

Cons

Not sure? Have not come across anything I dislike about the software.

Mario C.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great software

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

It help reduce the cost of tools that are tracked now compare to log sheets and gives a better instant report that is required sometimes.

Pros

Pricing, Support, Ease of use, The ability to import data and also to export makes a transition very easy. The option to run the software locally or use it with cloud service.

Cons

Use a window base scanner if use locally but change to Android base and needs a new scanner after upgrade to cloud service.

Response from GigaTrak

Thanks for being such a great customer Mario! With Microsoft removing themselves from the "barcode industry" the shift has gone to Android industrial units. Unfortunately, Windows Mobile operating systems are not compatible with our cloud-based system. Please let us know if there is anything we can assist with!

Santoshi K.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Software tracking contractor

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

It is very user friendly, and we can track jobs or records from any where, data can be accessed using our mobile
Phone listing makes life easie, we can pull the Data according to the location basis or any particular assigned department

Cons

Nothing cons I see so far I recommend it

Brad V.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

More user friendly than other programs

Reviewed on 2018/10/22

More accuracy in tracking our inventory.

Pros

Program layout and ease of use. Quick response for data entry.

Cons

No ability to have tool rental pricing and to cap cost tools.

Gary T.
  • Industry: Government Administration

one of the best tools for tracking assets

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

Pros

The software is easy to learn, the reports to track maintenance are awesome this software is easy to use great value for the price.

Cons

I really have no complaints with the software

Miranda W.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

We love our tool tracking system!!!

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

We now have the ability to look and see in a couple moments, what tools are out for repair, what's checked out and the value to each employee, and can recover funds for lost or non-returned items. Plus keep order upon items reaching a certain bin point.

Pros

We have the ability to print any records at any point in time. The system is very user friendly and training to use this system has been a simple process. As a company we have decided to use this system for all fields of work. Not just the test areas (3 toolrooms).

Cons

Process time to receive ink for the Data Card printer that we ordered. Besides that the system seems to be running great.

Janea B.

Tool tracking made easy, even for a School District

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

Pros

Very easy to use with a friendly interface. All other companies we looked in to are pushing Cloud and we didn't want a subscription service. I like that they offer both options and dont push to Cloud. I also like their customer service since the purchase. They didnt just write me off once they had our money. I get same day answers to my questions and they are all very professional and nice. The software does everything we need it to without having a crazy amount of extra featured we dont need.

Cons

Wish it had a rentals module. We need to track daily and monthly rental rates. Right now we are using a custom report built for us that gets the job done.

Steve C.

EXCELLENT PRODUCT / EXCELLENT VALUE

Reviewed on 2016/05/10

We have used this product for 6 years now and our tool inventory remains over 99.7% accurate. Set-up was easy and the customer support remains exceptional AND accessible. After an exhaustive search I found GigaTrak to have everything we needed without unnecessary features that add no value. I have found no bugs and the occasional update is to actually enhance the product not fix it! It's made my job much easier and keeping track of tools much less time consuming .
In short, after 6 years, I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Jennifer A.

Super organized software!!

Reviewed on 2016/09/21

We started out with ATS software and then as our need progressed into the need of tracking tools, we comfortably transitioned into the use of this software. It worked great company wide. We were able to keep Electrical and Construction tools separated with in the organization.

Pros

It was very user friendly, I liked the ability to make different categories. locations and have it designed for our needs. The support that comes with the software is amazing and were always handy to help with our needs.

Cons

Nothing