Top Echelon Reviews

Top Echelon

Recruiting software that streamlines the recruitment process

Kelly
Kelly

Fantastic software!

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

My experience has been great and that's why I'm still with them.

My experience has been great and that's why I'm still with them.

Pros

I have used Big Biller since January 2015 and I loved the ease of set up and use from the beginning. They have constantly upgraded the system to make it more user friendly. Tech support is always available to help guide you through any issues you might have and are incredible kind.

Pricing is affordable for smaller firms and the software integrates with my website which is amazing. I really like being able to bring recruiters in and out without being tied to lengthy contracts. Importing resumes and writing notes are a breeze.

Cons

I wish the email integration worked more seamlessly, but I know Big Biller has been working on this.

Pamela
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Good ATS

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

I like the fact that this is cloud based software and that I can access it from anywhere without having to lug my laptop around.

Pros

This is a solid ATS for my business. Easy to use and access from anywhere.

Cons

At some times can be cumbersome to work with, but that's been my experience with other ATS's.

Reasons for Choosing Top Echelon

FileMaker was growing obsolete and was no longer being supported for my platform. It also requires local "server" which I didn't want to maintain.

Claris FileMaker

Reasons for Switching to Top Echelon

I know several other recruiting firms who've moved to Big Biller. They gave their thumbs up over other ATS products.
Diva

Important Aspect of My Recruiting Business

Reviewed on 2023/08/17

During times when my clients were in a hiring freeze or slowdown, I was still able to make a living by working on the job orders that other recruiters posted on the network. This helped me keep my business afloat. Also, networking with other recruiters, I've been able to bounce ideas off other individuals that understand the business, and I've been able to help others who needed guidance.

Pros

I was able to make difficult placements due to the networking on Top Echelon, both as a job recruiter and candidate recruiter.

Cons

Some recruiters post jobs from third party venues. Some recruiters don't respond or provide feedback when candidates are presented to them, which is frustrating.

Dean
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Top Echelon Big Biller Review

Reviewed on 2023/12/05

Top notch! 10 years ago when I was researching recruitment software to run my business I found and selected Top Echelon Big Biller software. A great decision for my business, one that I have been very thankful for. Wonderful people also within Top Echelon, top notch!

Pros

Quality of product, reliability, knowing my data is safe and will always be there.
I like the bulk email feature very much.

Cons

During a bulk email process, transferring search lists to a hotsheet and having to hold a button down and go from page to page to ensure the transfer of data to a hotsheet. I wish there was one button to push to transfer all records from a search list to a hotsheet, that would be welcome.

Blair

Excellent ATS, CRM and Recruiting SW

Reviewed on 2021/12/17

It does what we need with a minimum of the things we don't. It's really quite accurate with importing data, parsing resumes, the search function works very well but working with the results list can be quite cumbersome and repetitive.

Pros

Big Biller has done an awesome job of minimizing the data entry/administrative work to maintain and work the recruiting process. It does nearly everything you need for the Direct Hire recruiting process and is extremely easy to use, update, and get newer folks up to speed. We especially like the emailing features and Hot Lists.

Cons

Some of the drop down options are rather limited, particularly the industries and detail specs of client/candidate specialties. The tags get misunderstood with so many acronyms (and they are redundant with the word searches) and the parser doesn't work with headers on resumes and you have to edit the job history more than any other section.

Bullhorn ATS & CRM and Avionté

Reasons for Switching to Top Echelon

Cost, reasonably good customization with no IT internal requirements.
Andrew
  • Industry: Accounting

Old Reliable

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

Overall for the cost effectiveness of the tool, I would highly recommend Big Biller to anyone looking for an effective ATS/CRM.

Pros

Big Biller is a perfect software with a lot of the basic tools necessary to run an effective business.

Cons

Would like the email logging function to be more robust, but the work around is not complex and works for us.

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Choosing Top Echelon

Bullhorn was too complex for us with too many bells and whistles that we did not need or use. Plus it was a lot more expensive.

Reasons for Switching to Top Echelon

Reputation in the industry as the leader.
David
  • Industry: Machinery

Differentiators

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

What I like most is NOT the Software -- it is the Incredible Customer Support!!
From my first...

What I like most is NOT the Software -- it is the Incredible Customer Support!!
From my first contact with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], it seems like decades ago, and with every successor to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who has carried the Customer Support torch, they have always had the patience to explain, to clarify my issues for me, and work through solutions to remedy my misapplication of features in the excellent software.

Pros

The software works and works well. I used ACT for about 10 years, then Big Biller for about 10 years, switched to another SAS for about 3 years, and then returned to Big Biller in 2015.

Cons

Waiting for more complete integration with GMail.

Kevin

Big Biller Experience

Reviewed on 2021/12/18

Very positive experience overall thus far.

Very positive experience overall thus far.

Pros

It’s very cost effective compared to other software out there. It’s a great option if you’re looking for something clean and easy to use without all the extra bells and whistles of the more expensive platforms.

Cons

They haven’t yet rolled out the ability to tag internal team members with email or notification alerts which would be a huge value add.

Aaron

Satisfactory Software

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

It's a nice product for startup companies, but as our company grows, we wish there were easier to use features and the ability to restrict some things for our employees

Pros

We reviewed other software after using Big Biller for about 5 years, because there are some features that other companies have, we desired. Talk to text was one. And there are some that are less clunky.

Cons

With a growing company, you'd like to be able to have parameters on what employees can choose for titles and how to have companies appear to be more fluid. As we continue to grow and add users, we can eliminate some items that are in the database as options and we wish we could. this continues to be a growing concern for us, but seems to lack solutions currently.

JobAdder

Reasons for Switching to Top Echelon

Inexpensive at the time, but I think that is changing too.
John

Praises to the BigBiller product!

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

I have used your software since 2005. That speaks volume for my opinion of your services.

Pros

Big Biller is a very user-friendly product. It has comprehensive functionality that leaves the statement, "I wish it did this" totally out of the picture.

The customer service is outstanding. I mean "Outstanding". They know their product, they always have an answer, they are patient with a string of questions, and they always get back with you if you email them questions. The help section is always the first place I go and generally, I can find answers there.

Cons

At the moment, I have no constructive criticism to give. :-)

Scott

Great tool for Recruiters

Reviewed on 2020/08/29

My overall experience is excellent - both with the software as well as Customer Support.

Pros

Big Biller is a great product that is loaded with lots of features at a very reasonable price.
And I like that the software is designed in a way that matches my workflow.
I don't feel that I need to adjust the way I work as a Recruiter in order to accommodate the software.
Additionally - the developers continue to add features that not only make Big Biller easier to use - but also make the software even more beneficial for my business.
Plus Customer Service is excellent!

Cons

There is not anything that I dislike about this software.

Gary
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

BigBiller is very good and user friendly

Reviewed on 2020/11/02

BB is such an upgrade to the FileMaker system we used previously. However, the parsing of jobs is slow and a lot manual cut/paste.
And, as mentioned, lack of the audible reminder is a hindrance to my desk, personally.
Tech Support is friendly and VERY helpful, particularly [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! He's my guy!

Pros

I love hotlists and pipelines. I run my entire desk around those two on the candidate side of the equation.

Cons

Searching legacy candidates using keywords is very kludgy to both my partner and myself.
I also used to LOVE that you had the audible sound to remind me of my appointment calls, email blasts, etc.

Adam
  • Industry: Accounting

Big Biller Review

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

I feel like I am lost in an abyss, I need help learning about it, understanding it, so I can get more automated.

Pros

It seems like it can help you get very automated, but I am having a hard time getting this thing up and running. The learning curve on this seems to be overwhelming. I need help, can somebody help me?

Cons

I am not sure, I am kinda lost here with it.

Crelate

Reasons for Choosing Top Echelon

To get a more modern and automated product and bc it is tied into the TEN

RESUMate

TEN
Megan

Great Product

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

Easy to use. Easy to learn. User friendly.

Easy to use. Easy to learn. User friendly.

Pros

We have used other systems. I like this the best. I did like the feature on another software product we used that made graphs really easy to make and use. For a visual person like myself, that is helpful. But mostly this is an excellent system we will continue to implement.

Cons

I don't even know. Lack of graph making- which could be user error. Not sure.

Michael

Good overall product

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

The product is great, easy to learn and a good value compared to other products. We are very satisfied with Big Biller.

Pros

It is easy to use and train new team members on this product. It is easy to modify some basic functions and tailor how it looks to match our processes.

Cons

Over my (almost) two years there have only been a few times that we needed support, each time I was disappointed with the availability to get someone on the phone / response time on email.

PCRecruiter

Reasons for Switching to Top Echelon

Price and ease of use, PCR is much more difficult to learn / teach new team members.
bob
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Big biller

Reviewed on 2023/05/13

It does the job of an ATS system, difficult to find and record metrics. good front end maintenance of records. poor reports, email, and search features

Pros

email tracking, interaction with linkedin, parsing

Cons

better search results, saving search results, ability to change the file name on attachments, more choices to email resumes, attachments, datasheet, add defaults to imported data. Better report choices.

SmartRecruiters, Zoho Desk and HubSpot CRM

more features

SmartRecruiters

better parsing options
Ben

User review

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

In general it has been good, but ALL INFORMATION has to be more user friendly, guiding you to what to do next or options at that point.

MORE USER FRIENDLY WITH SAVE THEM MONEY/LABOR ETC.

Pros

I think TE has done a good job developing their software. But...there is so much information, it becomes more complicated to use. There is very little owner/manager PR contact. They need more targeted zone client development/training, which in turn should give them more referrals from present TE customers.
Corporate TE Zoom meetings to bond operations together, to get NEW and stragling customers to know each other and what they niche in so they can communicate better about their business day to day. I just met a great partner on TE that niches in IBM i-series ONLY. I had NO IDEA of this. We just stumbled into each other. I have matching skills//candidates for him. Would not of know this. So, instead of being a generalist, niche notifications can be very helpful to each other therefore MAKING MORE PLACEMENTS.

Cons

See above....plus MANDATORY TE resume submittal through and to PIPELINE....NO EXCEPTIONS... I am getting resumes as attachments only, expecting me to reply etc. etc. and then I have to input to my pipeline to manage. When you have alot of resumes being received the TE Pipeline management is very helpful IF people submit the resume through the TENetwork with NO exceptions.

Kostas
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

A robust ATS/CRM that provides easy functionality at a great price point.

Reviewed on 2023/08/17

I don't have anything negative to say. The experience thus far has been positive. Still learning new things, and I'm sure I haven't fully utilized all its functionality and capabilities yet.

Pros

The product is very easy to use. Has great functionality both as a ATS and CRM. Excellent technical support that is local in the USA. Top Echelon also adds great value for your money by providing Webinars on a regular basis on various topics that is pertinent to running a successful business.The other big plus is having the Network (Forum) which allows you to collaborate with other recruiters and agencies and work on split deals.

Cons

Not sure if Top Echelon offers this but it would be nice if you could conduct more automated campaigns to attract new candidates and new clients through the platform.

Carolyn
  • Industry: Human Resources

Service is TOPS!

Reviewed on 2023/05/16

8.5/10 I like your program overall

8.5/10 I like your program overall

Pros

Implementing it and the trainingEasy to work with

Cons

Hard to get other sites like LinkedIn hooked up to it

Salesforce Sales Cloud

My software crashed

Act!

Your rep was excellent
Angela

Easy to use and affordable Applicant Tracking System

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

Pros

The software is user friendly and easy to use. There are many BB features that I take advantage of including, email tracking and client management. However, my favorite feature of Big Biller is Pipeline Management. When working on multiple job orders, it is easy to see where you are in the recruiting process (Inbox, Qualified, Submitted, Interview, Placement). It is customizable as well.

Cons

It may take you some time to learn all of the nuances of the platform. But I do not view this as a negative. With all software, there is a learning curve. Big Biller has very easy to understand online training, as well as regular online meetups to discuss changes and additions to the software.

Amylyn

A tool and team you MUST have to run a Successful Staffing Business

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

I starting my "Head Hunting" practice 4 years ago and was introduced to Top Echelon. On the surface one could think it was just another splits network but it is SOOO much more.
The technology behind Big Biller came from this networks (the end users) suggestions. It is not just something thought up by a bunch of people in a room.
It truly is made FOR recruiters using the input of RECRUITERS
Big Biller helps me to keep everything straight.
It also provides the power of a HUGE network behind me to do my sourcing and posting
It allows me to credibly tell my clients that this business is not JUST me, it is me and an awesome technology that is connected to a network of RECRUITERS who can get the toughest jobs filled
The reporting allows me to more easily do things like taxes and year end planning.

Pros

User Friendly
Well Supported
Constantly growing and improving
Very robust and intuative
I have used many ATS systems but this by far is the best
Made by recruiters for recruiters!

Cons

I don't have enought time to fully utilize all the well thought out offerings of this technology, if I did, I would be making even MORE placements.

Nancy
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Big Biller user

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

It was difficult to stumble my way through in learning-COVID has put a damper on getting together so I am looking forward to getting hands on training when we meet again.

Pros

It is available wherever I am at the time I need it to be. Pipeline is a great feature

Cons

Too many features and I get bogged down in the process

Reasons for Choosing Top Echelon

Because I am a member of Top Echelon and it keeps track of recruiting partners and connects me with the organization better

Because of Top Echelon
Oliver

AEC Alliance Review

Reviewed on 2023/08/22

Great, when needed the customer service team and training team have been responsive, and rarely had an issue with the software not working.

Pros

Simplicity in use of the software and applicant tracking.

Cons

N/A - overall it provides all the tools needed, but isn't dressed up as fancy as some competing software's which for us is not relevant but could be considered a negative to others.

More cost-effective
Larry
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Cost-Effective tool for Recruitment

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

We are pleased with the software and will continue to use it. The service team and help desk are excellent!

Pros

The price and capabilities are on par with some of the more expensive ATS options. It is easy to use and intuitive.

Cons

I would prefer more customized reporting options. Somewhat limited currently but better than a year ago.

Bullhorn ATS & CRM and BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing Top Echelon

I had used BigBiller before and wanted to adapt it to my new company.

Price and familiarity.
Samara

Well Designed for Staffing Agency Use

Reviewed on 2021/12/21

Big Biller has helped our agency streamline our recruiting process.

Big Biller has helped our agency streamline our recruiting process.

Pros

This software was designed for the staffing and recruiting industry. The cards, templates, and fields are well thought out, with the option to further customize if needed.

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to see attachments to emails in the activity history. As of today, we can only see the email body. In order to see what attachment was sent, we need to look it up under the Email tab and then search for it.