Top Echelon Reviews

Top Echelon

Write a Review!
Recruiting software that streamlines the recruitment process

4.5/5
4.4/5
4.5/5
4.7/5

Kelly
Kelly

Fantastic software!

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

My experience has been great and that's why I'm still with them.

My experience has been great and that's why I'm still with them.

Pros

I have used Big Biller since January 2015 and I loved the ease of set up and use from the beginning. They have constantly upgraded the system to make it more user friendly. Tech support is always available to help guide you through any issues you might have and are incredible kind.

Pricing is affordable for smaller firms and the software integrates with my website which is amazing. I really like being able to bring recruiters in and out without being tied to lengthy contracts. Importing resumes and writing notes are a breeze.

Cons

I wish the email integration worked more seamlessly, but I know Big Biller has been working on this.

Kevin

Big Biller Experience

Reviewed on 2021/12/18

Very positive experience overall thus far.

Very positive experience overall thus far.

Pros

It’s very cost effective compared to other software out there. It’s a great option if you’re looking for something clean and easy to use without all the extra bells and whistles of the more expensive platforms.

Cons

They haven’t yet rolled out the ability to tag internal team members with email or notification alerts which would be a huge value add.

Mike
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Big Biller software review

Reviewed on 2024/04/25

I appreciate the price for what I consider a better product.

I appreciate the price for what I consider a better product.

Pros

The ease of use and the price. I also really appreciate all the features and the constant updates.

Cons

I'm used to using folders and files so the data input is what I like least but you need to do that with any software.

Diva

Important Aspect of My Recruiting Business

Reviewed on 2023/08/17

During times when my clients were in a hiring freeze or slowdown, I was still able to make a living by working on the job orders that other recruiters posted on the network. This helped me keep my business afloat. Also, networking with other recruiters, I've been able to bounce ideas off other individuals that understand the business, and I've been able to help others who needed guidance.

Pros

I was able to make difficult placements due to the networking on Top Echelon, both as a job recruiter and candidate recruiter.

Cons

Some recruiters post jobs from third party venues. Some recruiters don't respond or provide feedback when candidates are presented to them, which is frustrating.

Larry
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Great tools with bells and whistles

Reviewed on 2024/05/15

I am a loyal customer who has used the product since 2014.

I am a loyal customer who has used the product since 2014.

Pros

The ease of use and features that directly tie-in to my business are the most important to me.

Cons

I am missing some quick reports that were available in early versions of BB.

Reasons for Switching to Top Echelon

Features and price were the key reasons I chose BB.
Gary

Running my Desk with Top Echelon

Reviewed on 2024/04/29

I have been very happy with Top Echelon. Customer service, support and training are top notch. The leadership is accessible and is there when you want advise on how to make the most out of using the platform.

Pros

Ease of set up, use and management. Very user friendly, especially in configuring to our needs.

Cons

Resume search does not have functionality to disqualify "tags"

Shea

Review from a 25+ year Recruiter

Reviewed on 2023/08/29

It keeps my candidates organized and accessible.

It keeps my candidates organized and accessible.

Pros

I like how easy it is to put candidates in and build the database. The search functions are also very "user friendly".

Cons

Not much negative to say about it, I have really liked it in the time I have had it.

Isabel Lina

No Regrets!

Reviewed on 2024/05/10

Pros

I am writing to provide a reference for Top Echelon, a software solution that our company has been using since October 2023. As a boutique family-owned business specializing in HR, Accounting/Finance, Ops, Tech, and Sr. Administration, we have found Top Echelon to be an invaluable tool that has significantly enhanced our recruiting processes.
Top Echelon has revolutionized the way we approach candidate sourcing, recruitment, and placement. The platform's intuitive interface and robust features have streamlined our workflow, allowing us to source and engage top talent more efficiently than ever before. The comprehensive candidate database and powerful search capabilities have enabled us to quickly identify qualified candidates that align with our clients' needs and requirements.
The sourcing functions provided by Top Echelon have been particularly beneficial to our recruitment efforts. The ability to access a vast network of candidates and leverage advanced search filters has helped us find candidates much easier and make more placements. To date, we can honestly attribute a 20% increase in placements to using Top Echelon.
Furthermore, as a boutique family-owned business, scalability and flexibility are essential considerations for us. We have found that Top Echelon not only supports our current size but also has incredible capability to grow with us. The platform's scalability and customizable features ensure that it can adapt to our evolving needs and accommodate our continued growth.
Overall, our experience with Top Echelon has been overwhelmingly positive. The software has exceeded our expectations in terms of functionality, reliability, and customer support. The Top Echelon team has been responsive, knowledgeable, and supportive every step of the way, ensuring that we derive maximum value from the platform.
In conclusion, I would highly recommend Top Echelon to any recruiting firm or organization looking to streamline their processes, enhance their productivity, and achieve greater success in their recruitment efforts. It has truly become an indispensable tool for our business, and we look forward to continuing our partnership with Top Echelon in the future.

Cons

There are times when parsing glitches. I don't like the way contacts tht are hiring authorities appear to show up as candidates as well. This should be separated.

jim
  • Industry: Human Resources

Simple and Easy to use

Reviewed on 2024/04/30

Pros

The system is simple and easy to use. It is intuitive and let's you use as much or as little as you want. There are no "required fields" that stop you in your tracks.

Cons

Email responses go to a different platform so you may have to look in more that one place for an email.

Jason

Top Echelon / Bib Biller review

Reviewed on 2024/05/08

We have been member for a long time and we are overall happy with TE.

We have been member for a long time and we are overall happy with TE.

Pros

I like the DB management and seamless upload from BB to TE of our candidates when sharing. We also like the automatic job posting service.

Cons

Sometimes common sense changes take a long time to happen in the software.

James
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Best bang for the buck!!

Reviewed on 2023/08/22

Pros

Price and performance - I get all the functionality and features that was paying almost triple for with another software service, but with better customer service. Integration and set up was extremely easy and they offer a very reasonable rate for the data transfer. Job board integration to my company's website was better than my previous service, as well as multiple free job posting features to social media and select job board websites.

Cons

No real "cons" at the moment as they are pushing out new features and improvements on an almost monthly basis. Maybe have a tab on for "hotlists" to make it easier to go straight there when sourcing for specific jobs.

Zoho CRM and CATS

Reasons for Choosing Top Echelon

Price and better customer service....even though I'm a one person operation currently.

Reasons for Switching to Top Echelon

Price, functionality, set up & integration, and platform's look & feel
Dianna
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Big Biller helps me Bill Bigger

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

Human beings are available to help you set up, answer questions. Quick response when emailing in questions. On line help is great. Ongoing training webinars to make sure you are getting the most out of the software.

Love the humans at Big Biller. I tried a competitor but couldn't get any answers - the online help didn't answer my questions and humans weren't available.

Pros

designed for agency use. Ease of use. Easy to customize to my needs. Parsing of resumes. I can actually talk to a human when I have questions. Love that there are always updates. Learning opportunities

Cons

Hot lists for prospecting could be better - more like pipeline for jobs. Some other programs have a nicer look but I don't think they work as well.

PCRecruiter and Crelate

Reasons for Choosing Top Echelon

Resumate was not keeping up with changes in the market. Mainly - parsing pdf files was a problem. Loved the pricing and like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] - personal touch with help.

Reasons for Switching to Top Echelon

I really liked look and feel of Crelate but absolutely no support. PC Recruiter felt dated. Big Biller - again, good program but also humans to talk to.
Blair

Excellent ATS, CRM and Recruiting SW

Reviewed on 2021/12/17

It does what we need with a minimum of the things we don't. It's really quite accurate with importing data, parsing resumes, the search function works very well but working with the results list can be quite cumbersome and repetitive.

Pros

Big Biller has done an awesome job of minimizing the data entry/administrative work to maintain and work the recruiting process. It does nearly everything you need for the Direct Hire recruiting process and is extremely easy to use, update, and get newer folks up to speed. We especially like the emailing features and Hot Lists.

Cons

Some of the drop down options are rather limited, particularly the industries and detail specs of client/candidate specialties. The tags get misunderstood with so many acronyms (and they are redundant with the word searches) and the parser doesn't work with headers on resumes and you have to edit the job history more than any other section.

Bullhorn ATS & CRM and Avionté

Reasons for Switching to Top Echelon

Cost, reasonably good customization with no IT internal requirements.
Scott

Top Echelon Software Review

Reviewed on 2023/12/05

Very pleased with the software. Only 1 time had a backup issue and it was resolved quickly and all the information was there.

Pros

Good software to use if you're a recruiter. Uploading and downloading candidate information. Easy to use. Has many great features that makes it easy to use the software when doing your job.
Emailing option is wonderful.

Cons

Sometimes when there are glitches or the software went down and off line, it took time before it came back up.

Gary
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

BigBiller is very good and user friendly

Reviewed on 2020/11/02

BB is such an upgrade to the FileMaker system we used previously. However, the parsing of jobs is slow and a lot manual cut/paste.
And, as mentioned, lack of the audible reminder is a hindrance to my desk, personally.
Tech Support is friendly and VERY helpful, particularly [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! He's my guy!

Pros

I love hotlists and pipelines. I run my entire desk around those two on the candidate side of the equation.

Cons

Searching legacy candidates using keywords is very kludgy to both my partner and myself.
I also used to LOVE that you had the audible sound to remind me of my appointment calls, email blasts, etc.

Adam
  • Industry: Accounting

Big Biller Review

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

I feel like I am lost in an abyss, I need help learning about it, understanding it, so I can get more automated.

Pros

It seems like it can help you get very automated, but I am having a hard time getting this thing up and running. The learning curve on this seems to be overwhelming. I need help, can somebody help me?

Cons

I am not sure, I am kinda lost here with it.

Crelate

Reasons for Choosing Top Echelon

To get a more modern and automated product and bc it is tied into the TEN

RESUMate

TEN
Cicely

Fabulous, easy to use ATS for my small recruiting company.

Reviewed on 2021/12/17

It's been a great experience with Big Biller as I has built my own company.

It's been a great experience with Big Biller as I has built my own company.

Pros

I find the abilty to customize and build cards makes this software incredible. I can set up my full interview process with questions so can review and compare apples to apples on candidates. This software is easy to use. I'm a very experienced recruiter and love how intuitive Big Biller is. I can also email blast candidates and receive hundreds of interested responses. Of all the ATS's I have used I like this one the best.

Cons

I would like Big Biller to have an easier way to email blast client corporations.

Bullhorn ATS & CRM and Crelate

Reasons for Switching to Top Echelon

Ease of use, simplicity and the way it works makes sense to me
Denise
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Pretty Good Software

Reviewed on 2020/11/02

Mostly positive, a few areas could be improved.

Mostly positive, a few areas could be improved.

Pros

Easy to use and very affordable. They seem to be making improvements all the time.

Cons

One complaint, I would like to be able to email contacts in bulk from company records. Not candidates, I am talking about identifying hiring managers and emailing them in bulk without having to go through each record.

Tim

Big Biller for Executive Search

Reviewed on 2021/12/20

I have trained a half dozen new hires on BB and found most people pick it up relatively quickly.

Pros

BB's online access means our recruiters can access it anywhere they have access to the internet. The reporting capabilities and customization are intuitive and very useful.
The chrome and outlook add ons that allow you to make entries directly from the program is incredibly helpful. You can add a contact from LinkedIn directly from your chrome browser. And upload resumes from within Outlook.

Cons

Big Biller does not have an app which makes it only available on mobile devices through a browser. The mobile functionality in a browser is less than optimal.

The search fields criteria does not search phone area codes which is a big missing element in finding targeted candidates based on area code.

BB does not allow you to customize a datasheet to send to clients. It has a datasheet but you cannot select what data is included on the form so you may be sending notes and comments that you do not want to be visible to others. Also does not let you brand the Data Sheet with your company logo and contact.

Bullhorn ATS & CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Antiquated server-based CRM

Top Echelons Network
Mike
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Tools for success in Recruiting

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

I am saving time and Big Biller has increased my efficiency.

I am saving time and Big Biller has increased my efficiency.

Pros

After over 20 years of recruiting and using several software platforms, I found Big Biller to have the best platform I have used by far. Big Biller has increased my personal productivity in managing my recruiting desk and allows more time for working with clients and candidates vs working with the software.

Cons

I would like to see the AI track info to take me back to my most recent client or candidate. An example of this is when working with a candidate for a search assignment, other search assignments by other Top Echelon recruiters should pop up to save time in matching the candidate for other options (if they are not a fit for the original search assignment)

Jobvite

Reasons for Choosing Top Echelon

Big Biller is a superior software platform

Reasons for Switching to Top Echelon

I felt Big Biller was a superior product.
Lynnette

Told [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] I'd write a good one

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

I confess that Big Biller is the first "real" applicant tracking system we've used, so I have no real point of comparison
I will say that via email, help chat, and in person, they are dedicated to having happy customers. They are open to suggestions to improve the product

Pros

It works! Tracks and monitors everything we need.
LOVE the ability to text from it.

Cons

Lately there have been many updates. I'd say they came "fast & furious".
I appreciate the motivation and confess that I am "old school" so some of it has been a bit overwhelming and confusing. They are very helpful however, no matter how dumb the questions are.
It is difficult to navigate the topics to find help solving a problem

Reasons for Switching to Top Echelon

Cost; knew a lot of folks happily using it
Kostas
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

A robust ATS/CRM that provides easy functionality at a great price point.

Reviewed on 2023/08/17

I don't have anything negative to say. The experience thus far has been positive. Still learning new things, and I'm sure I haven't fully utilized all its functionality and capabilities yet.

Pros

The product is very easy to use. Has great functionality both as a ATS and CRM. Excellent technical support that is local in the USA. Top Echelon also adds great value for your money by providing Webinars on a regular basis on various topics that is pertinent to running a successful business.The other big plus is having the Network (Forum) which allows you to collaborate with other recruiters and agencies and work on split deals.

Cons

Not sure if Top Echelon offers this but it would be nice if you could conduct more automated campaigns to attract new candidates and new clients through the platform.

Rose
  • Industry: Human Resources

Outstanding Software for the Money

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

The Pros outweigh the Cons on this software. It has an ease to it which makes it my only go to software for placements and tracking. With a built in email system it is the best product out there for the money.

Pros

Amazing product. It saves me time with easy access to all my candidates for the particular job. I can create my own panels within each candidates profile which helps me streamline. It is the first software I bring up and the last one I close out at the end of the day. I can't say enough about its functionality. The self help material is outstanding.

Cons

There are two things which I would like to have more control of. 1) The Reports. I want to be able to do specific reports but I am unable. It is set on certain reports which can't be changed. 2) The pipeline and candidate availability. I wish I could add more in the process instead of just showing INBOX, IN PLAY, Placements and Disqualified. I have certain phases that I would like to see there but could not add to that. (It can be added in the little circles but I wanted an actual tab on top for certain phases)

Laura

Great Software, Amazing Support

Reviewed on 2019/08/10

It's a great database for recruiting, with everything a recruiter might need, for a reasonable price. It's truly OUTSTANDING feature, though, is tech support. In the very rare even that I have needed them, I call (yes, call ON THE PHONE....they don't divert me to just a chat or email function), and lo and behold, a live person THAT ACTUALLY WORKS THERE AND KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT answers in the first couple of rings. They then solve my problem DURING THE CALL, giving me as much time as I need for questions. If the problem can't be solved during the call, the follow up is excellent. They behave as if they value each and every customer, and I only have one seat with them currently.

Pros

Easy to use, customizable, does everything I want it to in a straightforward manner

Cons

I wish that there were more keyword searching capabilities, such as keyword searching on the planner, and an "all records" keyword search, but it doesn't discourage my satisfaction with the software; I had to "reach" for a "what did you like least" example.

Jim
  • Industry: Banking

I am a very satisfied >10 years customer

Reviewed on 2023/05/11

Recruitment: With TE, I have billed $$ millions of successful search fees. It gives me everything I need.

Pros

What can I say? Easy to use for a non-techie like me; great training and customer service. When there is a question I can call and get an immediate response from an english-speaking professional. Generally speaking, on occasion I work way past normal hours and the app keeps me in touch wherever I may be. I've had demos of other products, but the value, functionality, and continuous ongoing development of the product makes me a very loyal customer.

Cons

There are no dislikes. Top Echelon can perform way above my proficiency level.