Maryanne Z.

Colbrow feedback

Reviewed on 2020/12/21

I think the software is ok but I think it has a long way to go to improve for ease of use.
Scheduling visits can be very slow and clunky to use. It's not 'smart' by way of matching employee skill, availability to that of the visit request to identify who is a match/available. That is what is needed.
I would like someone (like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) who knows our business and how we operate to help us utilise the system properly.

Pros

Reporting functionality - when it works. DE is great but I find I have a lot of issues with it being unable to crunch the data I need, it freezes all the time.
I need to run lots of reports and then do VLOOKUPs to get what I need in 1 report. Time consuming!
It takes a long time to get system improvements rolled out, without bugs!
There are good features in the system but the short comings over shadow the good.

Cons

I do not like the way you have to manually create service codes, bill codes then link them to the service codes. The bill codes are not in alphabetical order in the list (but rather in order of creation which is not user friendly - especially when you have a large number of bill codes). Nor do I like that I have to update bill codes individually instead of being able to tick/select what I want to update with 'x' fee. It takes a long time.
I don't like that it's not a complete package.
Payroll - I'd like to see if there is any easier/better way for us to approve our visits for payroll process.

Anthony R.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Too top-heavy

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

Frustrating. I see the potential but the execution right now is not good overall. The Data Exploration module for large periods of time has been unusable, and our company lives and dies on reports to our funders. Whenever I complain about the data exploration problems, they offer solutions for a very hefty fee. This should be something they're fixing, not us.

Pros

Employee tracking can be incredible. However, in areas with limited internet access, the off-line mode can be extremely unreliable. Data Exploration is intuitive and easy to use. Integration with other services can be a godsend.

Cons

The one-day delay between data input and access to data exploration is a killer and inhibits all aspects of daily business, sometimes adding a week to an otherwise 30 minute process. The off-line mode for caregivers is unreliable and clumsy to use. Technical support is too bureaucratic, requiring multiple zoom meetings when a simple email exchange should suffice. I always have to repeat the problem multiple times, as often as ten, before getting an answer. More often than not, the answer is not a solution, but a promise to address it. Zendesk does not seem to be coordinated with the internal workings of Alayacare. To date I have not gotten an actual solution to a problem from Zendesk. Note tho, I am an advanced user and my problems are usually systemic. The last "solution" I got from Zendesk was not to use math in reports. Needless to say, all users need math. Data Exploration to a large degree does not work. It has been better of late, but for several months it crashed every morning with Alayacare witnessing it and having no real solution other than to use less math.

Trish G.

PICN alayacare review

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

Overall, I like working within Alayacare - we have used it to ease scheduling the nurses (creating multiple facilities); allows a quick overall look at the day. Processing of new referrals from the LHIN is made easy with the auto-populate feature of Alayacare.

Pros

The product was easy to learn - having the staging environment to allow staff to trial things without it affecting the live environment helps. As a trainer for my department, it is easy to teach.

Cons

Scheduling is not always the easiest - would be better if we were able to move multiple visits at once (in the employee daily schedule view). When creating recurrences, sometimes need multiple recurrences to schedule the client visits appropriately (3-4 recurrences).

Response from AlayaCare

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Trish. We're thrilled to hear our product has made things easy for you. To help with your scheduling recurrences concern, you can split recurrences for more convenient editing: https://alayacare.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039173072-How-do-I-split-multi-day-Recurrences-for-Clients
If you experience further issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team: [email protected]

Kelley S.

AlayaCare Review

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

We have had great support from our AlayaCare support team. they have answered all of our questions and provided us guidance when needed to ensure we were comfortable using the product.

Pros

Easy to use scheduling for billing and payroll. Easy to use queries and the AlayaCare University has a great depth of knowledge for beginner users. The customizable dashboard is great for monitoring daily vital business stats.

Cons

There are several manual functions that should have been built in at the ground level. For example stat holiday shifts need to be split if the shift goes over night; the system does not recognize even though we added the stat holiday schedule at the beginning. Shift reminders are "on the list" but not yet an active function with caregivers in the field with clients the reminder is a great way to ensure shifts are actively monitored. Mobile app usage can be a challenge for the field staff at times. The system seems to have had alot of production downtime as of late.

Jennifer S.

Responsive and Rapidly Improving

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

There are great opportunities to streamline and maximize efficiencies in our workflow; I'm seeing a bright future with developing opportunities to support quality, human resources and risk management through the AlayaCare platform.

Pros

We onboarded in a hurry, without dedicated staff while AlayaCare team was in an earlier growth phase. What I like now-today, is that many of the gaps have been identified and are being filled; It's becoming more user friendly for organizations without in-house tech/data support staff; Team is passionate about what they do, and there are specialists to address gaps and provide development on the fly, so to speak.

Cons

Because we onboarded fast, when AlayaCare Team was considerably smaller and newer than it is now, it was not easy to connect with the people who could specifically address our challenges; We've had particular difficulty with the accounting function; Generally, because data can be filtered and sorted so specifically, it's hard to know what's missing or wrong, and it can take some time to recognize and then track down discrepancies.

Sandra R.

AlayaCare for Exercise and Falls

Reviewed on 2020/07/29

I like that I'm able to keep track of reports and clients - however, I do wish there was more of a bulk option to edit or complete certain tasks. But other than that, I also like the look of it. It's more up to date and doesn't look like a screen from the 90s that about to malfunction or look like it takes an hour to download.

Pros

Each department is able to use the software differently to suit the needs of their services

Cons

Since each department uses the software differently, it isn't always accurate or user friendly when it comes to efficiency for some tasks

Rob C.
  • Industry: Defense & Space
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Ac Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

Can get a lot of knowledge outside of the schedulers head into the system

Pros

The ability to match clients and caregivers, the regular updates and agile changes by the product team.

Cons

Can be a lot of clicks and loss if Efficiency in the system

Tracy M.

Alayacare

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

When problems arise the IT department are very quick at responding and fixing the issue

Pros

It is easy to use and IT department is always quick to help

Cons

When printing a document I have to ask to print 2 or 3 different times, It would be nice if it did it the first time requested

Stacy M.

Alayacare Review

Reviewed on 2020/02/14

Pros

We were using four separate systems and Alayacare allowed us to consolidate our needs into one. We now have one place for caregiver management, client management, , compliance, scheduling, matchmaking for scheduling, payroll, billing. The reporting functionality is lightyears ahead of what we had before and offers comprehensive reporting quickly.

Cons

Overtime calculations aren't automatic, compliance isn't a separate section and is built into the skills and qualifications section for employees, no push notifications for shift offerings.

Jeff H.

Good-2-Go West Review

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

Excellent customer support during start up.

Pros

Scheduling, billing uploads, functionality, single source for managing our business

Cons

Not as intuitive as other software, most reports are not customizable and won't allow us to indentify our business

Sherisse B.

Alayacare Review

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

Overall a good experience.

Pros

Ability to manipulate the software to suit the needs of the program.

Cons

Creating Reports is a little tricky but with more training I'm sure it will get easier.

Sacha B.

Better Outcomes - happy to share

See pro’s!
Lots of support from the team, continues to evolve and respond to changing environment and needs in Australia.

Pros

Allows my team to spend more time caring less time on paperwork, ensures communication sharing of clients needs and likes which allows us to make their lives better! Simple work flows, Easy of use, customer support, proactive team always looking to improve and eclipsed product.

Cons

Not much - maybe the colour? We are all about PINK so orange kind of clashes

Jami H.

Great

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

Theres so many opportunities with the software to make your business better.

Pros

In real time, time keep, data and the newest features to making the system better

Cons

Sometimes can be slow and frustrating when working in a busy setting

Naresh S.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Left a good impression and still impressed

Reviewed on 2016/09/22

I loved the collaboration with the entire team... The team from customer facing to the development staff is really solutions oriented and they can keep it light and lively.

Pros

Current technology and extensible. Client Feedback drives the development

Cons

listening to neil. although he is a good talker.... he needs to take a breath and allow the listener to say something... :-) -- neils a good guy.

Sophie D.

Could be really great!

Reviewed on 2020/02/14

its good. Im hoping to use it more, with some corrections needed.

Pros

The visuals are good. Easy to use. great possibilities

Cons

Some features needs corrections and translation.

Peter B.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Plan to pay

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

Pros

Ease of use/user experience
Hcp functionality
Mobile

Cons

Apis lack of them
Quality/bugs and transparency/comms
Speed to implement, get customer live
Ndis functionality
Too few smes locally to drive relevant development

Yvonne W.
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Used Other for 1+ year

AlayaCare review 2020

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

For our staff to be able to clock in and to do their reports as been really good especially during this pandemic.

Pros

The integration to my business was fairly good.

Cons

It don't always be working for our field staff to clock in.

Serghei S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Innovative and execution focused

Reviewed on 2016/09/22

I had a chance to get involved in AlayaCare project for Saint Elizabeth starting with the proposal phase. The product showed lots of potential at that tie and the team inspired the confidence they can deliver upon the promise. One year down the road I am quite impressed by how much have been delivered and by the excellent customer relation and support provided by the AC team. Special thanks to the support staff.

Pros

Fresh interface and great usability. Continuous focus on innovation. Highly customer focused.

Cons

Being a start-up there is catch-up needs to be done on certain features in order to match up with mature offering on the market.

Jalonda R.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Home Health Duties& Scheduling made easy

Reviewed on 2021/04/06

My overall experience with Alayacare has been a great one, it is a big reason why I chose to apply and become a team member of Bayada Home Health

Pros

What I like most about AlayaCare is the ease of choosing shifts and the duties listed for each client for each home health aide.

Cons

I have not used the software long enough to have any dislikes, I'm still in a trial period. I do recommend it for any Home Health agency to train their employees on picking shifts and knowing their duties at each client's house.

Shiwani G.

Amazzzzzzing AlayaCare!!!!

Reviewed on 2016/09/22

Awesome, Amazing, AlayaCare first user conference so far. Looking forward to 2 days of great learning and networking.

Randi B.

Reviewed on 2017/10/26

• Used Other for 2+ years

The right approach to home care software

Reviewed on 2020/07/29

Pros

As a software integrator and developer, we loved that Alayacare (compared to other home care softwares) had a rich and maturing API. This opens up the world of possibilities and integration touch points and allows the software vendor (Alayacare) to do what it does best and their clients (users) to focus on what they do best and use tools that work best for them. Other home care software that we have worked with tries to do everything in a vacuum. This is great for smaller organizations but will not cut it for evolving business models that require scale.

Cons

Some parts of the software are more developed than others. Some features are very deep and comprehensive while others seems to have been deployed to fill various voids and requests from the user community. Over time the depth of all features is addressed and this is to be expected with a rapidly growing software.

Rachel G.

Development Leaves Much to be Desired

Reviewed on 2021/03/05

I would not use this product again. The concept is good and detail is good, but this went beyond what would be considered necessary.

Pros

I liked the IDEA of the software. However, there seems to have been no input from professionals in the field or back office administrators that would actually be using the product.

Cons

This software was TOO DETAILED. It was not user friendly and the amount of clicks it takes to simply schedule a visit or assign a task is significant.

Heather R.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Feedback

Reviewed on 2020/12/14

As a user, I found the experience relatively non complicated.

Pros

I found it has different features than the system we were using Carelink. But some of them are definitely an improvement but Carelink had other features that are not on Alyacare. I think the rostering is most definitely an improvement.

Cons

The report running is quite difficult for staff that are not tech savvy..

Kelly P.

Attractive product with heaps of functionality

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

Pros

The product is easy to use and Navigate. Alayacare has a lot to offer and is easily adopted by users.

Cons

Data Exploration has amazing reporting potential but the speed is often lacking and more functionality and customisation could be added.