ACTIVE Camp Manager

4,5
4,6
4,5
Jennifer e. M.

The ACTIVE network has been such a great help for online registration for our church summer camps.

Reviewed on 2018/06/15

Pros

The registration reports are easy to run and informative.
Registrants receive automated confirmation emails with the required paperwork for them to print, complete and upload right to their family portal.
We can send group email reminders with the click of a button.

Cons

We run two summer camp programs in different states, and need to log in and out to go between the programs. I wish we could "toggle" between the two camps.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Hi Jennifer,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, it's great to hear that our reports and email reminders have been such timesavers for you! We really appreciate the 5 stars, and hope your summer camps are going well!

Debra S.

We use ACTIVE for registration for swing dance classes and ticket pre-purchase for certain events.

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

Pros

Once you get it set up, it's really easy to create new class sessions. Some functions are ridiculously easy. Using ACTIVE has been a real time-saver in many ways.

Cons

Our package seems to be oriented towards parents enrolling their children. Our classes are attended almost exclusively by adults and there is a lot of push-back about having to supply birthdate. Also, too many clicks in the registration process. Some clients have gotten caught in an automatic enrollment in the ACTIVE discount program, which many have felt was fraudulent.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate hearing from our customers, and we¿re always looking for ways to improve our product and user experience. We¿re so happy to hear Active Class & Camp Manager is making your new class session setup easy. I have shared your feedback with our internal teams and once again, thank you for this valuable feedback.

Sarah K.

Wonderful Software with Expensive Pricing Set Up

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

Some parts were easy and some parts challenging ,but overall, we have a better deal with the new company and keep more of what we make.

Pros

The functionality allowed for lots of choices specific to our company and how we listed our offerings. We could allocate multiple skill levels to each class and create platforms - with the help of their wonderful support staff - and edit easily on our own. Also, at the time, the system was not compatible with Chrome and had crashed on us a few times when we opened enrollment. Eventually, they would have staff at the ready when we opened enrollment to help if things went south. The system also could not handle the traffic we created and people would be in a virtual line waiting to get their enrollment complete - sometimes losing the spot in the class they wanted while they were waiting.

Cons

The pricing set up was based on our income and not just a monthly charge. The more we made, the more they made. We left because of this. We moved to iClass Pro to get a simple monthly charge and the more we made, the more we made.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Megan M.

Active is very user friendly. I enjoy setting up new seasons and curtailing the details to my needs

Reviewed on 2017/12/18

Pros

I love the fact that no matter what type of program I'm setting up, whether it is summer camp or an after-school activity, I can create the registration to fit my needs. Being able to design the registration allows for a streamlined report running process. Active's customer service is attentive and has answered of all my questions and more! Sometimes, I'm given multiple answers and I'm able to pick the one that works best for our programs.

Cons

The Active program could benefit from not always reverting back to the default when running reports.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Thank you for the review Megan, it's great to hear that our customer service team has been so helpful for you. Be sure to follow us on Facebook if you aren't already for even more helpful content like videos and how-to guides: https://www.facebook.com/letstalkcamps/

Lindsay H.

Camp + Class Manager, my favorite co-worker

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

I have been with active for over 12 years, I love their customer service, their software, and their dedication to bringing healthy lifestyles to people all over. It's a wonderful company.

Pros

I like that once the initial set up is done, I can update everything myself. I love the ease of being able to change things on the fly, pull reports, and see the data I need.

Cons

I have a hard time when reconciling the finances at the end, but that could be user error as well.

Benjamin J.
Industry: Events Services

ACTIVE NETWORK IS GREAT!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/10/31

We saved probably $2,000 in man hours the first summer we used it. Now that everything is setup we going to save even more money. Also out accountants really like the way the money is handled and it improved out audit scores. Which was really nice!

Pros

Our team liked that the software is designed for camps programs. So many programs are trying to sell you something that was designed to register college students, or volunteers for company out reach days. ACTIVE knows camps and there support people know camps so they are able to really meet our needs as large camping programs.

Cons

The pop up adds have bothered some of our customers. Active was AMAZING to remove the request for camp insurance because it did not work with our program. This was more than I could have hoped for. They have always done what they say they will do. Also the fee is low so I can't complain to much...

Barry C.

The Best Active

Reviewed on 2019/02/10

Pros

This software is amazing. Active Camps uses software that is easily integrated into your own product or files. As a business owner, I was able to aimlessly transfer files with ease. Their customer service team merged the files together in an aimless process. They work with you as the customer and make sure everything is done with high precision.

Cons

Honestly, I don't have a major compliant about the product. Everything is done with professionalism, the graphics are awesome on their platform and its easy to use. My parents use the platform to register their child for camp, and I have not received any complaints.

Clinton S.

SPoT Loves Active Camps

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

Secure payments and mobile friendliness sealed the deal.

Pros

Mobile friendliness was a huge feature that we needed for our camp software. Active allowed us to be mobile friendly right out of the box.

Cons

The email section would benefit from a mail to non-openers after a campaign has been sent.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Thank you for the 5-star review Clinton, we're happy that our native mobile capabilities could be such a game-changer for you.

Randy S.
Industry: Education Management

Very easy for college camps

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

I run all of our camps through ACTIVE Camps. It gives me all the reports I need to satisfy NCAA and university regulations.

Pros

Its really to set up and run all of my camps through ACTIVE Camps.

Cons

Once you figure out where all the features are, adding additional camps is really easy.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Thanks for the 5-star review Randy, it's great to hear we've been able to help you with reporting and compliance!

Madi M.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

No problems!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/02/13

I've had their team reach out to me about using Active for my camp, but we already use a software that we're happy with. Their customer service is great though, and if I were looking for a new software, I'd heavily consider Active Camps!

Pros

I like how easy it is to sign up for an event, and they have a broad range of customers that use the software. When I go to sign up for something and they use Active, my registration is always so quick and easy.

Cons

I really can't think of a con to Active that I've come across.

Kim L.
Industry: Education Management

Choosing ACTIVE was one of my BEST decisions as a Camp/Preschool Director.

Reviewed on 2017/08/16

Pros

This software was extremely easy to navigate through and learn the ins and outs. My roster for preschool and summer camp hovers around 300 families and their registration process was smooth. I am able to do so many things like assign classes/groups, print reports, review waitlists and so much more.

Cons

The ONLY thing I did not like was that families were automatically enrolled in the ACTIVE site which cost a yearly fee that was charged to their credit card and many of them had no idea.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Thank you for your comments Kim, we're so happy to hear how easy it was to get started with ACTIVE Camps! Thanks again for your review, and for all that you do in getting kids more active!

Charles S.

Active Camps software

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

Has become indispensable to our operations

Pros

We have used Active for our camps programs for many years, and are very pleased with its functionality, reliability, speed and support

Cons

There is a learning curve; not unexpected given the complexity of the functionality

Mitch K.
Company size: Self Employed

Support has been great

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

Pros

Makes my life easier. Easy to use. Eliminates the old paper and check method. Rather versatile. Strong levels of support

Cons

Sometimes cannot adapt to special needs. Registration says sold out when there are still open spots.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Mitch, thank you so much for taking the time to give us some feedback on our camp management solution. Your feedback is integral to our continued development and we are happy Active Camp & Class Manager makes your job a little easier.

Greg S.

The Active Network camps registration system

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

Great experience. Outstanding customer service.

Pros

Easy to learn how to set up and easy to manage

Cons

It took a couple years to get the financial reports to match the data we needed. The problem was solved and the system now works perfectly.

Warren C.
Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Saves time easy to use

Reviewed on 2017/09/11

Pros

It has really saved a lot of time and made the organization more efficient. The software is easy to use

Cons

Our customers had a bit of an issue switching to this system bit once on It all is good.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Thanks you for the review, we are happy to hear that your organization is saving time and becoming more efficient using Active Camp and Class Manager. Make sure to follow us on Facebook and keep a look out for exciting new releases.

Heidi E.

Great for Camps!

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Active Camp & Class Manager has saved me hundreds of hours each year! Most of my business is run directly through the platform, which keeps everything in one place and is easy to access and manage. It could also help transition the operation to other workers if/when necessary.

Pros

It's easy to use, intuitive and has most necessary features

Cons

I would like to see a few more added features such as mobile app for camp & class manager, portal to manage volunteers and staff and more cross-promotion across the platform with other camps/services.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Thank you for the 5 stars Heidi, it's great to hear that you're finding Camp & Class Manager so easy to use!

Ashley B.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Effective Solution

Reviewed on 2018/10/25

Pros

This software is a big step up from our previous camp and class management system. The financial reporting feature is especially helpful because you can customize reports and pull income by GL code for your accountant. The waitlist feature is a lifesaver - no more paper waitlists!

Cons

I wish that the email history on customer pages actually included ALL the emails sent to an individual/family. They are improving but I've found quite a few bugs since using this system.

Mike M.
Industry: Entertainment

Ease of Registration

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

Simple and practical for customers and administrators. Ease of registration for families and access to great reports for our staff.

Pros

Easy for customers to use. Simple easy access reporting.

Cons

That I did not start using it sooner. I am completely satisfied with the system.

Stephanie H.

Great simplicity in the software

Reviewed on 2018/04/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

A must have from large to small camps, will take the headache of booking away

Pros

I love the simplicity in the program, makes the whole process from parent, marketing, booking and everything a breeze.

Cons

Absolutely amazing software, other than not being free I have no complaints about this software at all.

Audrey H.

A lifesaver all around

Reviewed on 2018/04/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Great product and service!

Pros

I really enjoyed the feedback from parents on how easy and quick it was to book the classes they wanted and log in.

Cons

No cons that I can think of... The price is a little more than I usually pay but it was well worth it in time savings.

John F.

DON'T DO IT!!!

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Software and services are good, just like every other company out. The problem is they don't want to send you the registration money. My first remittance payment wasn't sent and I had to bring it to there attention. Active managed to hang on to that money for an additional week, which is bad when they already hold on to your registration money for 2+ weeks. On my third remittance payment, they closed the business day based on UTC, which is 7 hours earlier than where I live. So to make it simple, I have registrations come in on 11/30 and will now receive that money on 12/21 or 12/22. First time I've ever had to file a complaint with the Dept. of Consumer Affairs,​ but felt it necessary after my situation.

Pros

Does what it says it does. People are nice.

Cons

They'll do whatever they can to hold on to your money for as long as they can. 3 remittance payments in and 2 of them have had issues.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Donna H.

Great customer service. Prompt, easy to use.

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

The software is very flexible. We find that it meets and exceeds our needs. It is so nice not to have to handle our own registration. We have no complaints!

Pros

Our camp families find it easy to register their kids for camp! We receive virtually no calls regarding technical issues. Thank you!

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on Active Camp & Class Manager. ACTIVE Network is on a mission to make the world a more active place, so we are happy to hear our solutions help your camp families with an easy registration process.

Paula G.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Active Camps

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

Pros

Once you learn it, it's easy to maneuver around and help customers with their registrations. Transferring in and out of classes is easy. Email is easy.

Cons

The registration process was not as user-friendly as it could be for customers. Many customers put their own names in where their student's (registrant) name should be. That was by far my biggest customer-service issue.

Stephane M.
Industry: Sports

Great software for sports camps registrations

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

mobile friendly, speed, ease to use from customers.

Pros

mobile friendly, speed, security, ease of use for database, easy set up, fast payments, great customer service and support.

Cons

need more flexibility in the system, as it is recent it will happen in the next few months. More options needed with multiple camps.

Lynn L.
Industry: Education Management

Helpful but could offer more

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

Would be helpful if I could form reports needed. Also needs to be more user friendly for clients. We continue to hear that when navigating the registration the directions are not always clear.

Pros

After working with Active Works for three years it has become easy and efficient to use. Finally able to cut back on paperwork.

Cons

Not easy to extrapolate information from client data submitted.