Knowify

Integrated mobile contractor management platform

Knowify has made the process of paying vendors and tracking jobs incredibly easy.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Quick billing, detailed job tracking, and flexibility.

Pros

It's easy to use. The layout of menus makes it incredibly easy to navigate. The importing into Quickbooks happens lightning fast. There's a myriad of ways to handle POs making billing incredibly convenient. And the reports are useful.

Cons

Searches can be difficult to return to. They lack pagination customization. Sometimes I'd like to see 100+ results per screen!

Recommend Knowify

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

It has cut our administrative time in half.

Pros

Knowify is very user friendly and easy to use. It comes with AIA Billing at a very affordable price. It also syncs to our Quickbooks so there is no need for double entry.

Cons

I would like to see a more itemized schedule of values.

Sally R.

Very complete

Reviewed on 2020/01/06

We love Knowify

Pros

It has everything we need for tracking hours and expense

Cons

It doesn't have the option to request leave by employees

Henry K.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Overall Good Software for Construction Industry

Reviewed on 2020/03/05

Pretty good experience overall. Would recommend for small and medium sized business that needs to streamline their contracts.

Pros

Product is easy to use, good interface.
Like the sub-client feature.
Really like the ability to customize the contract.

Cons

Needs better reporting systems for our commissions sales reps.
Needs separation between sales rep contracts.

Doug B.

This software has been a huge time saver.

Reviewed on 2017/10/28

It has saved me hours of paper work when it comes time to invoicing. It is also great to know exactly how many man hours a project takes.

Pros

Once the estimate is approved the office work is over. All employees are able to track there time and materials directly to the job with no extra work involved when it is time to invoice.

Cons

My employees do like not being able to view all of there entered time for the last two weeks, but I believe this might not be the case with the last update.

Jacob C.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

New customer in the subcontractor trade

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

So far while still in trial I can not wait to show my boss this who has been relying on me to find a PM software for the company!

Pros

I really love how I can keep track of all my jobs from active to still in bid process. I can schedule guys to any job, do time sheets, and even a catalog to help us keep track of pricing and material pick ups! It topped the cherry for us when we discovered the app.. with many Spanish employees this is the first app I’ve seen that can work in Spanish. And the punch in and clock out feature along with geo fencing is very nice.

Cons

I wish the specific labor rates could be involved in one of the lower plans instead of the highest plan, which is legit the only reason I have to use their highest plan.

Max P.

Great management software with excellent customer support

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Pros

Customer support is second to none. Issues are usually responded to and dealt with, within the hour. Easy to navigate and intuitive.

Cons

Some small annoying glitches that pop up from time to time. Usually sorted out quickly and efficiently but annoying nonetheless.

Kelly M.

Great for organizing our active work day

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

Benefit are ongoing as we realize the actual potential of and how powerful a tool it can be if utilized properly

Pros

Excellent communication tool, helps to see the job location and if any issues arise immediate results.

Cons

Some of the people trying to use the program mainly.

Ryan W.

Love Knowify. It has completely transformed my business for the better.

Reviewed on 2017/10/31

Pros

There is a fast turnaround for new features. You don't have to wait a year. The mobile app is CONSTANTLY updated. Try browsing a platforms app version history instead of customer reviews. Customer service is excellent, and if a solution does not exist for your problem one is created.

Cons

The only thing lacking is built-in app notifications and calendar integration (coming soon).

Wagner D.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

The only software for Subcontractors

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Satisfied with where we are right now.

Pros

Great for companies that are between residential and commercial jobs

Cons

Needs to be a bit more flexible with customizability. Especially with Project calendars.

Kathleen C.

Knowify is an easy to learn software system

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Pros

I like the ease of creating proposals, I love the new home screen. Knowify's customer service is top notch.

Cons

I would like the ability to enter zero when an employee is out for the day. Would like the ability to print the original proposals and change orders together. Customers complain about the invoicing, it's confusing.

Ben M.

Software is great and customer support team is incredibly responsive

Reviewed on 2017/10/30

Pros

It's a comprehensive software solution for all facets of my business. The customer support team is great whenever I need help.

Stacy L.

Has some issues but, good overall

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

I was very unimpressed with tech support. I do love the slickness of the software and our employees absolutely love it as a time tracker.

Pros

Pretty well organized, effective time tracker, nice to track profitability.

Cons

Too many emails to employees (it sends an email every time a purchase is approved), complicated invoicing on time and materials jobs. I want more flexibility with how I want my invoices to read.

Rick A.

We are QB proadvisors recommending Knowify with QBO for contractors

Reviewed on 2016/06/09

Knowify represents an excellent QB Online integrated app for specialty contractors and subcontractors. The product has all the functionality to plan, propose and engage customers. It rolls seamlessly into project management with many tools including mobile time and expense tracking, material purchasing and cost control and much more. We have found their support to be excellent and a big plus.

Tonya S.
  • Industry: Accounting

Absolutely the best job costing app for subcontractors and trades that integrates with...

Reviewed on 2017/10/28

We love sharing this software and its great features with our construction clients. To my mind there is no better job costing app on the market today for subcontractors and tradesmen in commercial construction.

Pros

The 2-way sync with QuickBooks; the ability to create AIA style billings directly out of the program (no duplicate entering); the integrations with great apps like ClockShark and Tsheets; the great dashboard on which you can monitor the profitability of each current job; the ease with which you can budget and bid from within the software; the wealth of available reports; and so much more.

Cons

Some improvements could be made to the service ticket side of the program to make it more comprehensive; if a PO is fulfilled in QuickBooks there is no way to match it in Knowify, so it has to be closed out manually on the Knowify side.

Mike H.

Amazing product

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

Knowify has allowed us to streamline our processes, understand our costs and become more profitable.

Pros

It is very easy to learn, and use. It keeps all of our information in one place.

Cons

I am happy with all the features currently.

Lorie G.

Try to "live" in Knowify every day.Customer service is great!

Reviewed on 2017/10/31

1.) Ease of use
2.) Consistently upgrading features
3.) Basic reporting
4.) Priced competitively

Pros

1.) Great YouTube tutorials.
2.) Easy software to start incorporating into your business.
3.) Knowify adding new modules of function in all areas of use
4.) Proactive customer service that is knowledgeable
5.) Consistently asking clients what can be added, that would help their company
6.) Software reporting

Cons

1.) Software glitches that affect our Knowify reporting
2.) getting a better grasp of templates (maybe a user issue)

Gavin D.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Great for the sub-trades

Reviewed on 2018/12/16

Knowify entered our business at the right time and it has been reliable. We've had our challenges navigating the options to find the right tools to use in each scenario, but it's been well employed since. Custom reports, automated tools, and a mobile event calendar would help knowify replace a few other tools that we are using

Pros

Knowify excels in connecting the user with the client in terms of financials. Contracts are made easily and change order management is a breeze

Cons

There are some inconsitincies in the UI where depending on the billing style of a project, different form fields are presented for very similar tasks. When creating a project, it's very important to know what information will be available to share to the client before attributing time or materials to the project. The calendar doesn't bring much value to our business where scheduling can be down to the 15 minute interval and mobile use is necessary.

Ashley P.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Good app, not for every type of company

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Overall, definitely recommend if you're a basic contracting company. Does this software work? Yes. Is it for every type of professional service company? No.

Pros

The easy to navigate website and features, and the fact that they will try to accommodate your business needs within the app.

Cons

The support, even from the owner, can be condescending; customer service quality could be improved drastically. A lot of attention grabbing features get added to the site however, they do not appear to be thoroughly tested because they are always failing in some way. The communication between quickbooks and knowify could be improved as well as the zapier integration. The time tracking and break down of services and how you manage projects could also be improved drastically. For what we are paying I definitely expected more.

Sara S.

Knowify has drastically simplified the admin side of our business.

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Job costing & tracking, easy AIA style billing / invoicing.

Pros

The biggest pro of this is the step-by-step process from bidding to proposal to billing. We are easily able to track and manage each step of the process, produce AIA style invoices efficiently and track all payments in one application. And a huge shout-out to customer support - anytime I have an issue, they respond and are able to help us out within an hour or two (even outside of business hours).

Cons

Every once in a while there will be a glitch, sending payments over to quickbooks an extra time (but this also could be our synching with banking...). Either way, it's an easy fix as long as you are also managing your books correctly.

Keele R.

Love the Software ! Best one on the Market ! New App is Great !

Reviewed on 2017/11/27

Pros

Tech Support is Awesome. I get answers to my questions in a timely manner. Company is open to suggestions on how to improve the program . They will customize reports based on my needs . They are always enhancing the Software to a more user friendly feel.

Cons

I would like to see more detailed Youtube Videos regarding how to use the software based on the current version. I would like to see more pop up links in the software "Click here to learn more "

Josh G.

Knowify is the best, easiest tool out there hands down. All in one!

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

Intuitive, robust, affordable, project management, time tracking, start to finish solution for running our service businesses.

Cons

It lacks full CRM functionality beyond the customer database. It has plugins for email marketing tools.

Erin P.

Best customer service and ability to customize

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Pros

Ability to customize for our business, ease of use, customer reaction to the professional quotes and invoices, customer feedback is not only taken seriously but it is desired to provide the best product.

Deborah Z.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Superb customer service, versatile product

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

Knowify is great for producing Estimates, Bids, and Invoices on readable forms, with consistent T&C across all projects. Knowify is also great for tracking purchases and the use of materials on construction projects. As a consultant to a construction client, I found the software very easy to learn and use, with the best customer service I have ever experienced in software!

Pros

Easy to use once it is set up. Easy to learn, which is amazingly important! The dashboards are useful, navigation is reasonable.

The customer service is absolutely superb! Quick response; helpful, clear answers to questions; quick turnaround for customization.

Cons

Currently the user cannot make any template changes to the base templates for invoices and other forms. All such changes must go through Customer Service. Currently, a company using the software may only have 1 template for each form. Right now, the software is most useful when linked to QuickBooks, though it can be used without the link.

Ryan A.

I have a small contracting business and this software combined with QuickBooks works great.

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

The ability to easily track my projects costs and to keep track of employees time in order to run payroll.

Pros

It allows me to track costs per project. Time entry is very easy and when combined with QuickBooks allows me to run payroll quickly. The reporting system makes it easy for me to perform my work in progress calculations and all my financials.