Knowify Reviews

Knowify

Integrated mobile contractor management platform

4.5/5 (66 reviews)
Tierney B.

As a Quickbooks desktop Beta customer, we are still ironing out some sync troubles.

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

The online-ability is great for the boss in the field, but with QBD we have had to establish work arounds.

Pros

Knowify has many modules that are useful, however they do not all work with QBD quite yet. Once they can get the sync figured out it will be a one-stop-shop for estimating, time-tracking, invoicing, scheduling. We do not use the Plan and Track feature, but I can see how that could be VERY helpful. Emailing customers is very easy. Purchase orders are EASY to send. Getting customer signatures is EASY.

Cons

1) The billing module is very detailed, so it takes a long time to enter bills. There should be a shortcut around entering an "Item" that allows choosing an expense account. And maybe allocate to the job not based on an item in contract. Also Autofill feature? Or a Copy previous bill? 2) Default accounts are confusing. For a long time they did not save after I entered them. And many of them do not allow us to choose a COGS type account. 3)Time tracker does not sync at all. 4) Sub customer doesn't autofill address of top customer. 5)Estimate/Invoice template formats are not editable - I want to adjust which fields and where they go on the document. 6)Can't do a $0 estimate -sometimes a customer wants to choose from options. 7) Class info did not sync 8) In Plan and Track the work order should autofill item description from the contract 9) t would be great if Comments were visible in Time entries Instead of having to click on them to see.

6.0/10
Michael S.

This is how it should be and it's only getting better

Reviewed on 2016/07/06

Knowify is singularly impressive in it's ability to speak to both the complex and real time needs of contractors while satisfying the employee, office staff, and the accountant's requirements. Our office has tried repeatedly to classify this program, as estimation, project management, AR, job costing, etc. when speaking with clients, and ultimately with each new client we find it is more than that, it is simply the right answer for the right problem for contractors. Combine Knowify's ever growing list of built in (and truly astonishing) benefits, with a staff who are willing to take our's, and I'm sure many, users suggestions for improved useage and the result is a company you want to see leading the market.

Pros

By far the best feature of Knowify is that, with a seemingly simple but comprehensive interface, the program is intuitively generating more beneficial outputs, then we could first imagine.

Cons

At first blush the interface seems very directed in how one should use it, but we began, after working with the demo, to find it slightly obtuse when faced with little ideosyncrasies common to many contractors. So far the team at Knowify has not disappointed in aiding us with these minor hiccups, which tended to be a lack of understanding on our end about certain settings, and not the program itself.

Joel M.

Wanted to make this a priority for my business, but customer service is terrible.

Reviewed on 2018/02/25

A good idea of what I want. Otherwise, no benefit at all. This software, by itself, is a great concept, but the management team and the connectivity with my normal QB software is abhorrent.

Pros

Makes bids, change-orders, and scheduling easy. In theory - but not actuality - it should link with Quickbooks, which, if working, would be awesome.

Cons

Customer service doesn't take the time to determine what is wrong. There are several tiers of people who are trying to help, but they continue to give a quick reaction to solve the problem and don't really help. The program itself only links with Quickbooks occasionally. If you don't input information perfectly, it scrambles your numbers and can throw all of your books off. Getting access to human help is hard. The input work is way more work than the results.

Response from Knowify

Hello Joel,

We are sorry to hear of your bad experience with our customer support. We at Knowify put an extremely high priority on all tickets and the majority of our customers will agree that this is one of the strongest parts of Knowify (as shown in many reviews on this page).

Your specific case threw us a curveball, as you had deleted your access to Knowify on a Friday night. Our customer support team is made up of specially trained technicians based out of the US, so dealing with a non-standard issue in the after hours might take a bit longer, especially if we have to involve our tech team. Even still, we did have your account back up by 7am the following morning.

Given that you like the product and the idea behind it, we hope you can work beyond this to try Knowify again in the future.

~The Knowify Team

2.0/10
Gavin D.

Great for the sub-trades

Reviewed on 2018/12/16

Knowify entered our business at the right time and it has been reliable. We've had our challenges navigating the options to find the right tools to use in each scenario, but it's been well employed since. Custom reports, automated tools, and a mobile event calendar would help knowify replace a few other tools that we are using

Pros

Knowify excels in connecting the user with the client in terms of financials. Contracts are made easily and change order management is a breeze

Cons

There are some inconsitincies in the UI where depending on the billing style of a project, different form fields are presented for very similar tasks. When creating a project, it's very important to know what information will be available to share to the client before attributing time or materials to the project. The calendar doesn't bring much value to our business where scheduling can be down to the 15 minute interval and mobile use is necessary.

Ashley P.

Good app, not for every type of company

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Overall, definitely recommend if you're a basic contracting company. Does this software work? Yes. Is it for every type of professional service company? No.

Pros

The easy to navigate website and features, and the fact that they will try to accommodate your business needs within the app.

Cons

The support, even from the owner, can be condescending; customer service quality could be improved drastically. A lot of attention grabbing features get added to the site however, they do not appear to be thoroughly tested because they are always failing in some way. The communication between quickbooks and knowify could be improved as well as the zapier integration. The time tracking and break down of services and how you manage projects could also be improved drastically. For what we are paying I definitely expected more.

5.0/10
Kristin K.

I really like the software. It has made our invoicing system so much easier and job costing.

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

I have recommended it. Better organization of invoice tracking and employee productivity.

Pros

I LOVE the invoicing system and contracts and having it sync with emails its great! Also the employees ability to check into a specific job. There is a lot to like. Also your customer service is great.

Cons

The CHECK/IN -OUT view vrs REVIEW time screen for clocking hours. I would prefer it these two features were combined with a running clock on clock/in out view. Im really working on my employees attendance record and lateness so when reviewing hours for payroll purposes it becomes redundant when I have to individually "fix" their clock in times. It's clunky and a little redundant. We also had problems with the old app but the new one seems to be working better as well as learning to use the job board more effectively. Also a way to change the job they are working on from the clock in/out view. I personally like this view the best not so crazy about review time.

Sara S.

Knowify has drastically simplified the admin side of our business.

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Job costing & tracking, easy AIA style billing / invoicing.

Pros

The biggest pro of this is the step-by-step process from bidding to proposal to billing. We are easily able to track and manage each step of the process, produce AIA style invoices efficiently and track all payments in one application. And a huge shout-out to customer support - anytime I have an issue, they respond and are able to help us out within an hour or two (even outside of business hours).

Cons

Every once in a while there will be a glitch, sending payments over to quickbooks an extra time (but this also could be our synching with banking...). Either way, it's an easy fix as long as you are also managing your books correctly.

Jenn E.

I really like how responsive the Knowify team is to questions and support!

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Keeping close tabs on project P&L's is great with Knowify. Project Managers/Admin can pull data at any time to keep up-to-date on project costs. We like being able to use AIA billing through Knowify. Finding one place to apply all job costs to a project is great!

Pros

We all like how we have been able to provide ideas/needs to Knowify and see them integrate many of those into their updates and new options.

Cons

There are still some functions that area holding us back in what we are able to do with Knowify, specifically billing. We have been told that they are working on those options, but the sooner those are added the better workflow we will have using their system.

Knowify has made the process of paying vendors and tracking jobs incredibly easy.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Quick billing, detailed job tracking, and flexibility.

Pros

It's easy to use. The layout of menus makes it incredibly easy to navigate. The importing into Quickbooks happens lightning fast. There's a myriad of ways to handle POs making billing incredibly convenient. And the reports are useful.

Cons

Searches can be difficult to return to. They lack pagination customization. Sometimes I'd like to see 100+ results per screen!

Lorie G.

Try to "live" in Knowify every day.Customer service is great!

Reviewed on 2017/10/31

1.) Ease of use
2.) Consistently upgrading features
3.) Basic reporting
4.) Priced competitively

Pros

1.) Great YouTube tutorials.
2.) Easy software to start incorporating into your business.
3.) Knowify adding new modules of function in all areas of use
4.) Proactive customer service that is knowledgeable
5.) Consistently asking clients what can be added, that would help their company
6.) Software reporting

Cons

1.) Software glitches that affect our Knowify reporting
2.) getting a better grasp of templates (maybe a user issue)

Jim R.

Great program for managing my commercial roofing company

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

This software makes sure we are being profitable and shows us where we need to do better on different kinds of jobs.

Pros

This software tracks my employee time and job location. Great for seeing how long jobs are actually taking. The estimating portion is awesome once you have your pricing entered. Estimating templates make sure you don't forget parts or pieces to the estimate. Great customer service!

Cons

No cons as of yet. Been using this software for over a year.

Esther C.

Knowify is a great tool that has transformed our project management.

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

Knowify is intuitive, manages job costing well, and most importantly ties all aspects of a job together in one, easy to understand space.

Cons

By far the worst thing about Knowify is the reporting. Though there are numerous reports built in, they are not easily manipulated, and they filter data depending on how it is put into the software. This is especially true for invoicing, though it is mainly a project management software and not an accounting software

Doug B.

This software has been a huge time saver.

Reviewed on 2017/10/28

It has saved me hours of paper work when it comes time to invoicing. It is also great to know exactly how many man hours a project takes.

Pros

Once the estimate is approved the office work is over. All employees are able to track there time and materials directly to the job with no extra work involved when it is time to invoice.

Cons

My employees do like not being able to view all of there entered time for the last two weeks, but I believe this might not be the case with the last update.

Jolyn C.

Nothing else like it!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/11/09

Easy paperless contracts and estimates.

Pros

It rolls almost everything into one system. I can easily keep track of my jobs, the progress of each one, and cost them to stay on budget. Knowify gives our business the power to stay paperless with e-sign contracts and proposals. Our customers absolutely love the ease of clicking a few buttons to accept a proposal and make payments. Before Knowify, my desk was a paper covered nightmare - now I am able to just keep it all right there in one place.

Cons

Some features are lacking. Sometimes we need to be able to provide a range price on an estimate, and Knowify does not have this feature. It can also be a little challenging/labor intensive to add hours if my employees don't want to use the app on their phone for automatic tracking.

7.0/10
Jacob C.

New customer in the subcontractor trade

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/04/02

So far while still in trial I can not wait to show my boss this who has been relying on me to find a PM software for the company!

Pros

I really love how I can keep track of all my jobs from active to still in bid process. I can schedule guys to any job, do time sheets, and even a catalog to help us keep track of pricing and material pick ups! It topped the cherry for us when we discovered the app.. with many Spanish employees this is the first app I’ve seen that can work in Spanish. And the punch in and clock out feature along with geo fencing is very nice.

Cons

I wish the specific labor rates could be involved in one of the lower plans instead of the highest plan, which is legit the only reason I have to use their highest plan.

Tamiko B.

Excellent customer service very easy to work with!

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

I really do like this software. It has all the features we need I just wish the time app worked better.

Pros

I like the job cost part of it and the Change Orders. How it gives the client an option to sign them and send them back.

Cons

The guys have problems all the time with the clocking in. The app. Is very slow most of the times and sometimes they can't clock in at all. If this can be improved it would be great.

7.0/10
Elizabeth S.

Concerns with Knowify

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Knowify allows me to better track materials and labor. Overall, it's alright as a support tool but I feel it still has a long way to go.

Knowify Support basically refers to the user manual for any questions - may as well start there before contacting them.

Pros

Allows me to have a front-end to Quickbooks and provides for a little better job tracking. We previously tracked jobs manually. Knowify also has some helpful reports.

Cons

When you first start using Knowify, it is not user friendly. There are many "quirks" in the system. We have submitted requested all through 2018 for some of these to be addressed. Our company cannot be the only user experiencing some of these issues. Using Knowify has helped but is still lacking for my purposes. Examples: adding another default phase for Subcontractors - the entry of this data now is awful. Support has not be terrific. Job numbering - if jobs are initiated in Knowify or Quickbookos, if the are communicating properly, the LAST number issued should automatically populate. This does not happen, even though Support says to mark it in preferences - it is flagged.

6.0/10
Donna G.

Easily tracks jobs and costs associated with the jobs.

Reviewed on 2017/10/27

All documents and invoicing in one place. Interacts with QBO.

Pros

Interacts with QBO. Also like the reports available. Easy to navigate between open and outstanding jobs. Can attach documents all in one place.

Cons

Sometimes the feed between QBO and Knowify does not work. When this happens, I call support and they are able to fix it right away. They are very helpful.

Sean T.

We've been using Knowify for a couple of years and continually met our needs.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Creating estimates and quotes, time tracking and sending invoices

Pros

Ease of use and it syncs with quickbooks, so no double entries when invoicing.
They are continually looking for feedback as to which features they should add next.

Cons

I wish I could send statements from Knowify, but I'm sure they're working on adding that feature soon.

Keith A.

Knowify has given us a solution to a problem no-one else could solve

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

It gives us a solution to a problem that EVERY contracting business must have but no accounts software seems to recognize it as a challenge.

Pros

It allows us to release invoices, in part, each month - something that should be so simple but no-one else seemed to have found a simple way to do it.

Support, when needed has been excellent and very prompt.

Cons

I would like to have an easier way to visualize what has been billed and what is not billed - but the new dashboard goes some way towards that.

Keele R.

Love the Software ! Best one on the Market ! New App is Great !

Reviewed on 2017/11/27

Pros

Tech Support is Awesome. I get answers to my questions in a timely manner. Company is open to suggestions on how to improve the program . They will customize reports based on my needs . They are always enhancing the Software to a more user friendly feel.

Cons

I would like to see more detailed Youtube Videos regarding how to use the software based on the current version. I would like to see more pop up links in the software "Click here to learn more "

Nadia D.

Everything in one place!

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

The customer service team has been great! They have answered all of my questions, were they able to accommodate all of my requests maybe not but in the end, nothing is 100% perfect but knowify comes pretty close. I would definitely recommend it.

Pros

I can manage my leads, my proposals, my projects costs, my time sheets and the easy sync to Quickbooks make our day to day activities much simpler. We tried a lot of apps and Knowify was the only one who offered to customize our proposal templates which helped us extremely since we live in Quebec and needed french communication to our customers.

Cons

I would love to be able to manage my leads like a CRM as this would avoid me to pay and have another CRM tool. I would also love to see the capability to sync calendars with Google calendar for scheduled jobs and hopefully for CRM activities :).

Tonya S.

Absolutely the best job costing app for subcontractors and trades that integrates with QuickBooks.

Reviewed on 2017/10/28

We love sharing this software and its great features with our construction clients. To my mind there is no better job costing app on the market today for subcontractors and tradesmen in commercial construction.

Pros

The 2-way sync with QuickBooks; the ability to create AIA style billings directly out of the program (no duplicate entering); the integrations with great apps like ClockShark and Tsheets; the great dashboard on which you can monitor the profitability of each current job; the ease with which you can budget and bid from within the software; the wealth of available reports; and so much more.

Cons

Some improvements could be made to the service ticket side of the program to make it more comprehensive; if a PO is fulfilled in QuickBooks there is no way to match it in Knowify, so it has to be closed out manually on the Knowify side.

Tammy L.

Knowify has made our billing so much easier.

Reviewed on 2017/10/27

Knowing that all the calculations on my pay applications is correct is invaluable.

Pros

I like that the software is web based, the customer support group is fabulous, and it is very easy to use

Cons

Retainage push at final billing should not be combined with current month retainage accrual. They should be separate.

Recommend Knowify

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

It has cut our administrative time in half.

Pros

Knowify is very user friendly and easy to use. It comes with AIA Billing at a very affordable price. It also syncs to our Quickbooks so there is no need for double entry.

Cons

I would like to see a more itemized schedule of values.