Lattice

Develop engaged and high-performing teams

4,5
4,5
Bartholomew G.

Phenomenal Data

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Pros

The richness of the data is a game changer. We use this data to do much more accurate targeting of potential customers, to decrease the length of the sales cycle and the quantity of pipeline generation required to find a customer that is likely to buy.

Cons

Throwing someone into the system without training and having them set themselves up (referring to managers) has been challenging for them - but having the option to utilize the account manager has been helpful.

Liam M.

Add Structure and Automation to your Performance Management

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

The overall experience has been awesome and the software has taken a small internal desire to implement better goals tracking and a more automated approach to 1:1 and reviews in general and it's accomplished that and more almost by osmosis. Just having the software put us in a better position to implement a process for each.

The software itself is extremely approachable and simple but allows for a ton of flexibility in implementation and use allowing it to serve as much more than a simple, once yearly applicated software driven proecss around performance reviews int he traditional sense.

Pros

The simplicity of use and flexibility in terms of custom use and application of different modules within the software. We approached this software with a process plan and goal structure in mind and Lattice was very resilient to it's implementation digitally as well as provided further insight into what better avenues there are and why.

The Customer Sucess team is great with approaching additional product development endeavors through their support desk. Multiple times have been asked and seen functionality sought implemented in successive software updates

Cons

Need to create better functionality around dual management (having co-leads/co-managers of teams) and their ability to review and provide feedback. It's too common to not be supported.

Implementation and onboarding of the system was definitely one of the better experiences we've had although there could be more common touchpoints after the first review process to ensure for optimization and process improvement.

Things have been a bit more "set it and forget it" after being transitioned off our Onboarding Success Manager although the Customer Success team accessible from the Intercom system has been more than helpful in the absence.

Industry: Publishing

Easy to use, but I'd prefer not to use it.

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/09/24

We use Lattice for quarterly peer-to-peer reviews company-wide in our 50 person company. Use is straightforward, but tedious given the ultimate payoff.

Pros

A very intuitive interface. Next steps are always obvious, and I never find that I need to reach out for support, even when learning to use it in new ways.

Cons

Peer-to-peer performance reviews need to be used carefully and taken with a grain of salt, and I'm not sure that Lattice fully addresses this yet. Set-up, especially when the software is used repeatedly in the same way, could be more streamlined – it gets repetitive. I would prefer to see a feature with which supervisors could copy peer lists between employees or import all employees working in the same role simultaneously.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Rachel Q.
Industry: Biotechnology

One-stop-shop for performance management

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/04/08

I like that this software is essentially a one-stop-shop for company-wide as well as individual performance management. It consolidates information and eliminates the need for multiple systems or individual files/spreadsheets. For goal setting, I really like how Lattice allows for transparency and collaboration.

Pros

My company uses Lattice extensively for company-wide OKR planning/tracking as well as individual employee goal setting. Lots of customizable features (e.g. can make goals visible to entire company, private to certain teams, or private to individuals). Great tool for capturing performance reviews and peer/360 feedback. Loved the level of automation and reminder emails. The software can also hep with preparing for and capturing conversations during 1x1 meetings with direct reports. Lastly, I thought the "pulse surveys" were a cool feature.

Cons

Sometimes the user interface can be a bit clunky; requires multiple clicks to get to where you want; next steps/where to click next are not always intuitive.

Louise S.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Great performance development tool

Reviewed on 2020/03/27

My overall experience using Lattice has been a very positive one, mainly for the use of performance development. This is a great tool for this.

Pros

This is a really good tool to set and track the team's and company OKRs. It's a really good way to give Feedback. We can manage 1:1s and run performance Development Review cycles. It's really easy to use, clear, and great layout.

Cons

I haven't had any negative experiences using the software, so far it seems very straightforward and easy to use.

Industry: Computer Software

Has helped our managers streamline employee reviews

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

We were looking for a software to help facilitate 1:1 meetings, goal setting, and track employee performance that didn't feel corporate or like reviews just for the sake of reviews. Lattice fit the bill and we have almost all of our 150-person company utilizing the tool now. Different teams are able to use it differently in the way that works best for their team structure.

Industry: Internet

User friendly way to collect reviews

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

We just started using Lattice to do our internal reviews at my company (we had been using a homegrown, somewhat janky solution before this) and I love the transition -- which is rare to say about switching tools. Most people hate change or changing software.

Especially since we have three review cycles each year (peer reviews, manager reviews, and self-reviews) it's wonderful to know that the software we're using is making that task painless and easy. Specifically, I love that Lattice has an intuitive design and is easy to navigate, I know that my reviews will get surface to my manager, and that when I'm writing reviews for other it will automatically save them for me as I go.

Cons

If I had to say something bad about Lattice, I would just be making something up. I really have no complaints.

Francis P.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great tool to increase productivity

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Lattice helped us to be more efficient and focused. It aligned priorities and it let everyone in the company understand how are they helping to reach the overall business objective of the company.

Pros

The system is really good. The organizational chart is a great tool that the system uses.

Also, everything is well organized and structured.

The follow up e mails every week reminding you to update your goals are really helpful.

Cons

The app works really well.

The only thing is they could integrate with some software so you can understand how much time does every specific OKR takes in terms of man hours.

Kyle F.
Industry: Computer Software

Reviews finally not a pain

Reviewed on 2020/02/23

Pros

Finally, an easy, straight forward way to handle the reviews and 1:1's with your employees.

Cons

Some little UI bugs.. like missing the ability to cancel meetings once they are created and etc.

Jose f. G.
Industry: Internet

It helps build a better company culture

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/10/05

Overall, we feel that it was worth it, because it provided a solid framework to start sharing feedback among our peers and direct reports.

Pros

I like that it provided the tools to help our company run better performance reviews and provide feedback to the team. Our managers got engaged with it quickly and started to share valuable feedback so that we could build a stronger team.

Cons

We had some issues setting up automatic scheduling of one on ones. It got better later, but I find that it was too difficult for some of our less technical managers to use.

Brandon W.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Good Employee Review System

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

Pros

The ability to keep track of personal and team goals is nice and the feedback feature is convenient too. It helps teams stay on track and provide updates on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.

Cons

When it comes time to review a coworker, the only email notifications sent out are 1 week in advance of the closing date (unless there is a setting that management can change in the backend to make the emails more frequent?). This isn't very helpful because unless you can review the colleague that moment or that day, you often forget to go back and review them before the review period closes.

It would also be great if feedback could be edited after submission because I've wanted to change the permission level and add more comments after the fact but once it's submitted, it is final. In these cases, I've had to delete the feedback and submit a new one with the correct permissions and total comments I initially wanted.

Allie A.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Great for the workplace!

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Being able to easily track my goal, as well as the progress of my goal, has made it very easy to reach it and stay organized

Pros

Lattice allows me to easily set my goals and track my progress! It also makes it easy to set up time with my manager, and give and receive feedback! It's a great program for the workplace!

Cons

Overall, I have not noticed any issues with the software. It is pretty straight forward.

Industry: Internet

Helpful software to help organize company 1-on-1 and performance reviews.

Reviewed on 2018/07/05

Even though there is some feature still lacking to this software, the team is very committed and are adding new features and upgrades every month.

They listen to support request and are constantly asking customers about their experience using the product. This is great for a company because the software evolves with you.

We now organize goals, reviews, and meetings using this tool. Many different teams use it, and most of our employees do like doing these activities.

Pros

I work at a company of roughly 80 people. We have been trying different tools for making 1-on-1 and performance reviews for the last 10 months. Lattice stood out in features related to making performance reviews. They are called review cycles. You can configure many different aspects about how will you run them. Stuff like duration, who will make reviews, are employees able to review peers and things like that.

Cons

In terms of handling 1-on-1 the system could be better. It seems they are making updates to the product and adding new feature constantly but something as important as a calendar integration was just added a couple of months ago.

Kevin C.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great software for managing employee reviews

Reviewed on 2019/12/08

Generally speaking, Lattice is a good tool to track goals. and provide reviews for employees.

Pros

- The user interface and experience are fairly good. It's easy for users to understand the flow required to take a specific action.
- Review functionality enables individuals to requests and submit reviews from managers or peers
- Goal tracking is helpful in that it acts as a historical archive for when an annual review takes place.

Cons

When reviewing other people, there is no mechanism for the reviewer to choose the fields / questions to comment on. In some cases, this lack of flexibility risks having the reviewer decline the review entirely.

William S.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great Performance Review Software

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

Pros

Customer Support is amazing. They quickly take suggestions and roll them out into production. Capabilities are always expanding. They have recently rolled out a bunch of new reporting for managers which is super helpful. User interface is super easy. Lots of flexibility, clearly designed with the user in mind

Cons

Current reporting is limited, but improving. I am excited to see what they have in the next year

Adam B.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Overall, they're pretty good and better than most other vendors in the space.

Reviewed on 2017/06/10

Pros

The customer support is amazing. They truly partner with you to make sure you get the most out of the solution.

Cons

While the demographic scoring is really good, they have a tough time mixing in behavioral scoring into a single score/rank. Typically they have to create another field and then combine the 2 scores for something like A-1, B3, D1, etc.

It would also be nice if Sales had some behavioral insights that showed them what behavior the lead did that gave them the score they have.

Aaron C.
Industry: Internet

Clunky, hard to use software for small teams/orgs

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Pros

Looks good on the surface, allows organising an individual view, team view and company view to try and provide a link between your work and the company's overall goal

Cons

Lattice was implemented in my organisation and it's incredibly difficult to use. It has been setup for a wide range of usage from company wide to individual tracking for OKRs, weekly/daily goals, and team management, however it has the following drawbacks:
- incredibly hard to use to do basic things. e.g. Trying to find my team member's one on one notes is hard as it defaults to my up level manager.
- OKR tracking performance is clunky when using it for individuals and cross functional teams - it allows too much functionality for it's own good (e.g. incremental tracking by percent can result in goals exceeding 100%).

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Kimberly S.
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Focus on what matters

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Lattice improved the focus on the organization and it has helped create a stronger culture as everyone the company can see how they support to the company goals.

It also helped to streamline performance review processes.

Pros

Lattice is a great software to boost productivity and make sure everything is working on their priorities.

You can easily see the organizational chart to understand who is your manager and who are your direct reports.

You can set up OKRs on the platform.

Cons

Its mainly useful for medium and big organizations.

Since its focused on measuring everything, some way to measure time per given task should be available on the platform.

Industry: Computer Software

Great tool for keeping track of team health

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Pros

I love the features I heavily use on lattice. I love the year-end eval process. It's a great tool that gives you a lot of space to log your feelings. I love the weekly checkins, as a manager, I have my team do these before our one on ones and it gives us talking points

Cons

There is so much that I dont use on Lattice, so a lot of the features they have go unused

Ariell C.
Industry: Retail

Easy and Innovative

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/11/05

With Lattice it's harder to forget to do performance reviews because of the reminder emails and it being front and center on the website. Also, since the questions are so clear and easy to understand it's easy to get the reviews taken care of without losing much of your day!

Pros

I love how simple and straight forward it is to use! It really streamlines the performance review process and makes it so easy to access everything because it's all in one site. The reviews I've done through lattice have been easy to navigate and clear. It's nice to have one central place to go to in order to submit reviews instead of having to juggle multiple documents or pages for different reviews.

Cons

I think the only complaint that I can think of is that sometimes the frequency of the reminder emails felt like a little much. However, that being said, without those emails it's very likely that the performance reviews would have slipped my mind until the last minute. Other than that I have enjoyed my experience so far and found it fairly innovative and easy to use.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Goal setting and team communication

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

Sending recognition to other members of the organization can be viewed by integrating the software with Slack. It has created an environment where everyone works harder to help others achieve their objectives.

Pros

I like how Lattice can be used as a tool for setting goals individually, as a team and as a company. One on one meetings with Lattice can be used to track discussion points from previous meetings and future targets. You can also recognize other company members for outstanding work.

Cons

We use the product for what it's designed for so I haven't found anything I like the least about it.

Chris J.
Industry: Insurance

All-In-One Performance Management

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

Our company had tried out several different systems and no company seemed to align with what we were looking for. After a few months of trial and error with other systems we purchased this software. It was exactly what we were looking for in performance reviews. It integrated with our HRIS. The UI is there. It's super easy to use. The analytics are awesome.
Peer feedback is a breeze. This is exactly what we were hoping to find. Great product. Great customers service. Our team has been really impressed with this company.

Shkelzen C.
Industry: Internet

Best performance management tool I'v used!

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

It has been great since deployed on my company, nothing but great experience it needs a bit of training for the first time users, mostly those that have never had experience with performance management plus that it let's you customize the items that the performance will be based on. Great !

Pros

The ability of adding the goals of my team and the automated tracking makes my work so much easier. I used to calculate the goals and the achieved percentages all manually before .

Cons

Nothing that I don't like about it, it keeps me organized plus that it saves me a lot of time.

Ben B.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

A great solution to track OKRs

Reviewed on 2019/04/28

We use Lattice to track OKRs across our company.

Pros

I like how Lattice organizes OKRs by team in a central place, and then how managers can connect individual team members' OKRs to milestones. It's a pretty simple solution, but it's so much better than systems I've used in the past.

Also, a simple feature I really enjoy is the Slack integration. Every time our team makes progress toward an OKR, it automatically sends a message to a dedicated Slack channel. This makes staying up to date very easy.

Cons

Sometimes Lattice can be confusing, in that OKRs from different users are hard to visualize within they're larger context. I wish there was a view that arranged OKRs into an org chart of some kind, but so far I've not been able to find anything other than the traditional nested-list view. It's not ideal, but in many circumstances it's probably fine.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Jon K.
Industry: Computer Software

Great, visual Performance Review & Check In software that makes HR functions easy (and fun)

Reviewed on 2018/04/04
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Visually engaging, easy to use, price is reasonable, triggers and automation are very helpful with managing a team.

Cons

The home page or default page that it moves people to isn't as intuitive as it could be. Feedback is very helpful, but being at the top is kind of confusing for those employees only using Check ins.