ClubWorx

Gym management software for fitness studios

Lynell R.
  • Industry: Sports

Been searching for years...ClubWorx is "The One"

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Fantastic customer service. Our ClubWorx representative has gone above-and-beyond to help us to be able to discover and use many of the amazing features that the ClubWorx program offers. He has even gone so far as to communicate with our I.T. professional so that they have worked together to make things more streamlined for us! We feel very honored and blessed to have found such a great organization and individual reps.

Pros

We have owned several martial arts schools over the last 15 years. We have been researching gym management systems for the past 8 years or so. We even pulled the trigger and tried one a few years ago and it was SO clunky and inefficient, that after just 1 month we were actually able to get ourselves out of a 12-month contract because they just weren't providing what they promised. ClubWorx offers EVERY feature we were looking for, and our ClubWorx representative has gone above and beyond helping us get everything programmed and set-up properly. The software is fantastic and the customer service is second-to-none. Everything is going as planned and promised and we couldn't be happier!

Cons

We use QuickBooks to keep track of our bookkeeping. Although there is a way to get ClubWorx to communicate with QuickBooks, it takes a bit of doing. Patience, Grasshopper....

Response from ClubWorx

Hi Lynell,

Thank you for the kinds words, it has been a pleasure working with you. We are happy to hear that Clubworx is helping your business and that you are having a fantastic experience with our customer support team. We are looking forward to working with you into the future. To your success!

Clubworx Team

Great software

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

Easy inexpensive way to keep everything on track

Pros

Send text and emails easily, tracks passes, customer info, automation, integrations through Zappier (Beta)

Cons

User interface - can not assign a passes from the timetable, limited functions to active memebrs - cannot book a person who doesn't have a pass

Response from ClubWorx

Dear Mystery Reviewer ;)

Thank you so much for your kind words. We love receiving honest reviews! We're glad you are enjoying Clubworx.

We've got some great things in our Development pipeline, stay tuned!

Kind Regards
The Clubworx Product Team

Caryn D.

Easy Software

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Pros

very intuitive, very very easy to use, great support, can track everyone all at the same time with ease

Cons

can be confusing on how to set up the reports, a more seamless integration might make the software run easier

John W.

Clubworx is the best IT business decision I've made.

Reviewed on 2017/01/29

Easy to use, functional and keeps my business open 24/7. I'm very impressed with the back up and support I've received. Every question answered simply, accurately and quickly. I highly recommend Clubworx for other yoga studios.

Pros

Support. Ease of use.

Cons

Haven't found any yet after 6 weeks of use.

Response from ClubWorx

Hi John,

Thank you for your review and we are SO happy to hear that you are enjoying Clubworx! There are lots of new features and enhancements that are scheduled for the next few months, so we hope that you will get even more value for your business in the future.

And remember your feedback is important, so do reach out if you have any questions or suggestions as you continue to use Clubworx.

The Clubworx Team.

Virginia F.

Great Value

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

CRM - to help follow up with prospects.
Auto Pay to help increase receiving payments on time
Auto emails to assist with follow up
Attendance tracking

Pros

Makes enrolling and managing students much easier. Customer service is great always there to answer any questions needed.

Cons

They are based outside of the USA but they are still able to provide anything needed within the USA in a timely fashion

Response from ClubWorx

Hi Virginia, thanks so much for your feedback. We're really happy to hear you are enjoying using Clubworx and we look forward to supporting your business in the future.

Tracey B.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Very easy to use and flexible to suit your own business!

Reviewed on 2016/08/29

We reviewed many software solutions for our Karate business and Clubworx, although it doesn't contain all the 'bells and whistles' of some, was the easiest to use and most flexible. Support is fantastic, replying very quickly, even out of normal business hours.

Pros

Ease of use and flexibility

Cons

System is sometimes slow, not a lot of help/support notes online

Response from ClubWorx

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for your review! Great to hear you are enjoying using Clubworx. We've still got lot's of great features to come too.

We're also currently updating our online support notes and hope to have this out soon for our customers.

Amanda G.

Great System - Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2016/05/29

Emily is great, just describe to her what you want set up and she will take care of the rest. We use a punch pass type system here rather than memberships and that was set up for us. Everything we have raised so far has been taken care of by Clubworx.

Probably the only con is they don't have an app for our clients.

Response from ClubWorx

Thanks Amanda. We really appreciate the feedback. While we don't offer a member app at the moment, our system is optimised for mobile and the majority of our clients simply have their clients save their online calendar to their mobile home screen. It works a treat.

Amanda K.

Overall good pick

Reviewed on 2016/12/10

I am happy with the software and the functions. It is definitely intuitive. Customer service, nice people and very helpful, but sometimes a long delay for a chat session.

John M.

Clubworx review

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Tracking days, date, and times of when each of our members use the facility and or classes

Pros

Sign in feature help us a lot to track overall attendance at our facility

Cons

I wish it would automatically update the attendance list right after someone signs in. Currently we have to refresh each time to see the most updated attendance list.

Response from ClubWorx

Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time to send through a review, and for your feedback regarding update times. We really value feedback like this, and are always keen to improve. We look forward to supporting your business well into the future.

Thanks,
Team Clubworx

Jess R.

Amazing intuitive software - simple to use and effective. Has revolutionised our fitness studio

Reviewed on 2017/06/10

Hands down the most intuitive and simplest software to use. We tried out so many different providers including Mind Body which the entire industry seems to use yet were told by MB that we had to move across our payment system which is simply a big no-no for us. Clubworx provided everything MB had and more. And were so very responsive to our requirements when we had special requests, even after-hours support.

Pros

It's intuitive and simple. Integrates with Stripe and enables both the waivers and payments to be done in the one action.

Cons

No drag and drop feature on the calendar. This would make it even easier to schedule and move sessions especially flexibility is required by our clients.

Response from ClubWorx

Hi Jess,

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear that you are enoying using Clubworx and getting so much value out of it in your business. We are totally committed to continuing to deliver high level of customer service and system performance as we move forward with you and your team.

The Clubworx Team.

John S.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Awesome!

Reviewed on 2018/08/26

It's made running my school easy, which allows me the time and opportunities to do different things with my time. Thanks Clubworx!

Pros

Very easy to use and always works as I want it to. Also, it's forever improving and this is crucial.

Cons

Having to enter the roll manually all the time.

Response from ClubWorx

Hi John,

We are thrilled that you are enjoying using Clubworx and that you are seeing real results for your school. We look forward to supporting you for many years to come!

We'll be in touch to chat about using Roll Call to see if there is someway we can make this easier too!

Benjamin D.

The software is easy to use. The value is exceptional.

Reviewed on 2015/06/05

Pro's: Right from the get go everything seems to flow with setup. Laid out very orderly and simply. Everything you need, not much you don't. Perfect for someone wanting to direct new clients too. Looks professional and best part is is it's web based. Customer service, ESPECIALLY Emily and Dave, are kind and helpful... They respond quickly, usually within minutes, sometimes hours, but what can you expect for forty a month? Overall, well worth the money.
Cons: There are some minor errors that still haven't been resolved. Like the menu button at the top right corner of the website. It should just be removed. Also not all of the main background picture shows when on the website via mobile phone, but I don't think it's meant to be used exclusively on a mobile device, but nbd anyway. O, and members cannot pay for services online on their own.

Sifu P.

Easy to setup and use software that give more expensive products a run for their money!

Reviewed on 2016/01/29

From signing up for the trial to actually going live with our data and new DDR provider in under a week! All thanks to refreshingly helpful staff who actually know their product and how their customers will use it and an intuitive, easy to use interface.
Very much like that their upgrade and improvement cycle is proactive and they listen and respond to customer request for fixes and features - discovered a small bug in the calendar and they fixed it overnight!
The few niggles I have with the functionality will no doubt be fixed up in upcoming releases - well done guys!

Response from ClubWorx

Thank Sifu Paul - great to hear you're enjoying your experience so far. We look forward to working with you as we continue to improve Clubworx in the future as well.

Brooke P.

So Simple So Easy So Inexpensive

Reviewed on 2016/04/05

I have been teaching martial arts for 18 years. I have never come across something so simple. The software is appropriate for size and function. There are no bells and whistles that you don't use! There is no wasted design and is perfect for our martial arts school. I wish we had this software back in the "Martial Soft" days. Customer service is incredible and friendly.

Response from ClubWorx

Hi Brooke,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Clubworx. We are delighted to have you as one of our valuable customers.

It's great to hear you are enjoying using Clubworx and am excited to let you know that we will be continuing to expand our feature set thoughtfully into the future, to continue making your experience better and better.

Shedee S.

Clubworx Has Made our Life Easier!

Reviewed on 2018/12/22

Client retention is much better with this program. I love getting emails that let me know that a member is expiring. It allows me to reach out to them via sms, email or phone call.

Pros

Member Management-Online Forms, SMS/Email Communications

Cons

I honestly do not have anything that I like least about the software. It is meeting our gym needs.

Juliana P.

Having Great experience!

Reviewed on 2015/07/15

I'm moving from other software because they were charging too much, and the software wasn't offering the much i was paying . I'm very impressive with the attention they give.
The software is really easy to use and add a member. What was a big deal for me after some bad experiences with the trial on others software.

Congratulations for a great job you are doing.

Response from ClubWorx

Hi Juliana - really appreciate the feedback. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your experience with us and we know you'll love using your streamlined, automatic payments through Clubworx as well!

Daniel P.

New starter

Reviewed on 2017/02/24

The support team has been great, but still a few features to work out. Website is good, but needs to be a little more flexible. The membership plan needs to be able to have different layers. For example, I have 3 branches, it would be good if the first layer was just those branches like as a button, then when pressed goes to the plans for that branch. In this way I can have different prices in each branch with it being obvious. I haven't yet tested all things, but will gladly review them as I go.

Renee S.

Simple and easy to use

Reviewed on 2015/07/19

I work in a studio and also run outdoor sessions. Club worx has been a great program for my business. It is so simple to start using. Emily is fantastic and helpful. I love how customisable the system is and the reporting is great. I'm going to start building my website in club worx soon.

I would like the system to link with xero. Hopefully that can help soon.

Response from ClubWorx

Thanks Renee! And yes we do have plans to integrate with Xero in the future, so we'll keep you posted on that :)

Tom A.

On the road to greatness

Reviewed on 2016/10/04

Started using Clubworx only a short time ago and while the functionality is limited, compared to my previous program, the level of user support and willingness to listen to our ideas is off the scale.

I would happily recommend ClubWorx to anyone who's looking for a club management system.

Response from ClubWorx

Thank you Tom.

We are always keen to hear any ideas and look forward to working with you and our customers to make Clubworx even better!

Jay J.

The best new gym and group training software

Reviewed on 2015/02/25

This new company is the best easy configuration of all settings to customize and work for you. They will go to extra lengths and maybe tweak things for your business great tech support

Nicola P.

Always improving and listening to feedback

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

Switching to ClubWorx remains as one of the best decisions we made. The software is constantly being updated and improved upon, with new features being added as well. They listen to, and, most importantly, act on feedback and feature requests from business that use the software. It may not happen instantly but it's great when you get an email about a new feature that's been something you've enquired about a few times. Gives you faith in the theory that if there's enough need for a feature and enough people speak up about the need, that there's a high chance that it'll happen one day.

Since switching to ClubWorx we have slowly been able to reduce the number of additional systems we use which is making life easier all the time for us and our staff. To be able to have most things "under one roof" is hugely beneficial to us. From a practical point of view and also from a financial one too.

Whenever I've put in a support request I've had a prompt, polite and helpful response. I don't feel that we've ever been fobbed off or lied to, and certainly not made to feel like we've asked silly questions.

Pros

That since we started using it in early 2017 the features have only improved upon and new features added. We've also been able to set a lot of it up to suit our specific needs, rather than working with something and making do.

Cons

If I'm having to do some work on my mobile phone it's not the most user friendly experience!

Response from ClubWorx

Hi Nicola,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Clubworx. We really appreciate your ongoing support and are glad that we have been able to assist your business. As always, we look forward to hearing your ongoing feedback for years to come!

Have a fantastic day,
Team Clubworx

Jodie D.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Terrible System

Reviewed on 2020/07/28

Terrible

Pros

Nothing No Customer Service they are based out of the country

Cons

They are based out of Australia and have no customer service available

Marjie T.

Martial Arts School

Reviewed on 2016/10/12

I have been looking over several different options for the martial arts school and this one seems to do what I need it to do without lots of fancy stuff that I would probably never use. The set up process is easy to do and they will transfer the info if you have it on a spread sheet so that would save lots of time.
The Customer service is great. Emily is always there to answer questions during business hours and gets back to you quickly in the form on email, IM or even a phone call. I had read about the customer service and that is a big factor that made me choose ClubWorx.

Pros

Easy to use and can do the bar code check in once we get everything set up. This will allow us to follow up more quickly with those that miss a few classes before it becomes an issue.

Cons

It doesn't have an auto email system where an email can be delivered automatically when a student misses classes which other competitors did but they also charged about $100/mo. more. We don't have so many students that I can't pull a report and send emails to those not coming every week so me sending 2-3 emails a week for a $100 savings works for me.

Response from ClubWorx

Hi Marjie,

Thank you! We are happy to have you onboard. Your feedback is so important as you use your new Clubworx account. We are always listening and feeding your requirements and suggestions back into our product improvements that you'll see over time.

Also, we have great news for you. We are just a few weeks away from releasing more automation around emails and SMS so watch this space!

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Greate Software!

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

We are a soccer club utilize the tool to manage payments, send out communications for practices and report on accounts.

Pros

the ease of use and helpful resources, definitely made it a great experience/

Cons

no access to users to update their own credit card info with the way its set up for my company

Suzy O.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Fantastic customer support

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Pros

The support is fantastic. The staff have been very accommodating (and patient!) to any requests for additional features and explaining how best to navigate situations. The software itself has a great spread of features that automate and make day to day admin simpler and less time consuming

Cons

Some very minor features that would be good additions (more specifically for our individual business needs) but this isn’t even a con as the staff have been very receptive to suggestions and the software only continues to evolve and improve