OneCause Reviews

OneCause

Fundraising auction & event management software

4.7/5 (108 reviews)
Caleb R.

An Honest Review from a First Year Advancement Coordinator

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

As a first year Advancement Coordinator at a private school, I was given the task to produce a live and silent auction to raise funds for my campus. I was told to check out BidPal and I'm glad that I did. The software system was relatively user-friendly with many helpful features. These features were readily available on each category page on my BidPal account. Also, the call help desk feature was great too.

Creating our BidPal giving center, which is your school's own website, was easy and important to our event. I could post all the auction items and share the link on Facebook, Twitter, email, and our school website. Using the mobile app for the night of the auction was amazing. Our guests had only the best compliments on how easy it was to bid on each item we had available.

One of the only complaints that I have about one of the features was the scoreboard feature. The scoreboard is a slide show feature that displays the running numbers of the auction, currently raised funds for the silent auction, and donations. I wish there was a better way to control the scoreboard feature to better display the live auction items in the order we would want it to be displayed. Outside of that, it was a great feature.

Overall, BidPal saved us many long hours by using its software features for our live and silent auction. During the night of our event, our guests were having so much fun with the mobile app that they began to give more than what was expected. At the end of the night, we raised close to double the amount we were expecting.

BidPal is worth the investment because it has proven to me that it will save you time and increase your revenue for your event. I would highly recommend BidPal to Advancement Coordinators, PFT presidents, administrators, or anyone that has to produce a school auction. You won't regret it.

Response from BidPal

Caleb,

Thank you for your review!

Your feedback on our scoreboards has been forwarded to our Product Development Team, who is always looking for ways to further enhance our software. We appreciate your comment, value our partnership with your team and encourage you to continue sharing your thoughtful suggestions via our Idea Exchange at bidpal.com/share-an-idea.

Congrats on a successful event!

Best,

Marketing Director

Marianne J.

We use OneCause for our silent auctions and each one has been a success due to OneCause!

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

We get benefits from OneCause of making our silent auctions more accessible and look great!

Pros

I love the customization and features of OneCause that make each event feel personalized. We love being able to add our auction sponsor logo on the Giving Center along with pictures for the event and change colors on the site itself. When entering itmes/packages the features make it easy to enter and package together.

Cons

You can't have multiple events open in a window at the same time. If you are reusing descriptions/features/wording from one event to another event it's hard. We have multiple auctions and like to keep wording consistent for check out/text messages/ specific recurring items.

Penne H.

Unbelievable support - like having three more employees pitching in.

Reviewed on 2018/09/11

The time saved with the OneCause product is really like having extra employees/volunteers. Can't imagine doing it without them.

Pros

The software did everything we needed it to and more - from selling tickets and foursomes to silent auction and day-of fixed price items...simple to implement and a nice customer facing mobile app. But what really makes the product different is the incredible support you get from their team. Regular check-in's and calls - by the time our event rolled around, they knew more about it than I did. Although it was my first year running the multi-day events, I felt extremely comfortable and confident due to the support I received from OneCause.

Cons

I have only one complaint, and that is that there's not great-looking templates for the landing pages, and when we built our own, it was kind of a process in that it has to be stored on a website rather than uploading to OneCause. I believe they're working on improving that.

Tammy B.

I've used it for 5 years now and appreciate the many facets of the software, esp. the reports.

Reviewed on 2016/03/22

While I appreciate BidPal very much and see how it's benefited our organization through the years, I still think the cost is much too high considering the high cost of the add-ons. The auction listings are still far too limiting. I've submitted various ideas through the years, but none have been brought to fruition. There should be the ability to be able to modify the appearance of the font, so that certain words stand out to the bidder. Bold, underline, italics are basic things that should easily be able to be accommodated, not to mention color. When many events are held in the evening when cocktails are being served, the improvement of the fonts would help to alleviate many words in a description (that our PRIZE DONORS want to see) running together and not being fully comprehended.

The second thing that needs some upgrading is the auction portal that the bidders see. While it is easy to add a banner and colors to spruce things up, it is too wordy and there are too many choices which can be confusing for first time bidders. I think that it inhibits pre-bidding for that reason and guests have to wait to get to the event to feel comfortable in being trained.

The pros are equal in that the reporting capability and payment/supporters area is very helpful and well laid out. Of immense value!

Response from BidPal

Tammy, we appreciate the feedback!

BidPal is proud to offer several Mobile Bidding and Fundraising Software packages at varying price points to meet the budget of any nonprofit. Our Full Service Mobile Bidding pricing options are among the industry's lowest.

Your additional feedback has been forwarded along to our development team who is always looking for ways to further enhance our product. We encourage you to continue sharing your thoughtful suggestions via our idea exchange at bidpal.com/share-an-idea/

Best,

Marketing Director

Good Option for Mobile Bidding

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/03/05

It was a good initial foray into mobile bidding for the silent auction at our fundraiser, but we did not use them again the next year. We found another option that was more user friendly and was able to avoid the glitches that we had experienced with BidPal. I will say again - their customer service was excellent and I have not used them since they became OneCause.

Pros

The move to mobile bidding was a big deal for our annual fundraising event. BidPal (now OneCause) fit the bill at the time. The rep was fantastic and the customer services is excellent. The app was not hard to use, but has its drawbacks. I used this in late 2017, so things may have changed or improved since then. Our guests did like the change to mobile bidding even with the hiccups.

Cons

We ran into some glitches at the event. Live auction items appeared in the app for bidding when they were supposed to remain separate. This issue was fixed quickly. If a winning bidder changed their mind, the item automatically reverted to the next highest bidder and charged their card. Caused me a few problems after the event, but their customer service was excellent and helped me through the issues.

Courtney Z.

Paws & Claws Gala Review

Reviewed on 2017/02/16

We've used BidPal for several years to maximize our fundraising dollars at our annual Paws & Claws Gala to benefit the Humane Society of the Treasure Coast. BidPal is a great tool! Every year, we see an increase in donations, as well as improvements in the technology. This year, we had bidders from out of state that haven't ever even stepped foot in our organization support us, thanks to BidPal's ability to reach donors far and wide at the touch of a finger. Plus, on site support is an asset. They helped us work the room, assist bidders, answer questions, create Calls to Action, and so much more! Although there is a learning curve for new users, there's no tool on the market that can compare. And it sure bits the old days with paper bidding sheets! Plus the diversity in reports you can run, from attendees, to managing seating/ tables, to tracking popular packages, generous donors, unsold items, etc. is super helpful when identifying what works and what doesn't year after year. The software is a bit expensive, but is worth every penny when trying to maximize your fundraising dollars for the organization you love. Quick tip though - make sure your venue has a strong WiFi signal. Obviously venues that are more unique create more excitement, but it's essential that the venue you choose has a strong signal or the ability to create a secure network. BidPal techs can work through the kinks, but selecting a suitable venue will make your job a lot easier in the long run. Also, be up front with your account executives on what you need and what you expect. They only know as much as you're willing to share, so take ownership of your event and allow them to assist you. Don't expect them to run the show.

Tyler N.

OneCause makes check-in, check-out, and all onsite logistics run smoothly, and their team is great!

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

Pros

My agency used to handle our auctions for our large events (800-1000 people) on paper and it was a nightmare. OneCause has streamlined the process, with the added bonus of having check-in looped into the software. We love having the option of texting our attendees at our events. The OneCause team is amazing. From the pre-event consultants to the onsite techs, we have only had wonderful experiences. They are always available, respond extremely quickly to questions, and are a joy to work with.

Cons

We wish that there was the capability to add guests' plus ones into the system without adding "Guest Of..." as a separate entry for each plus one. Having to type this in, open the profile, and change the information at check-in adds a little bit of time and can create a line of people waiting to check in.

My overall experience using BidPal One has been very positive.

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

This software was invaluable in providing the timely access to bidding on our fundraiser. We had over 500 packages available and over 5000 total bids. The scoreboards were easily integrated into the video displays and AV equipment. This software assisted in a volunteer group pulling off a very professional silent auction and live auction.

Pros

I appreciate the checklist and the tutorial videos. The tools to build an engaging fundraising interface are intuitive and capable.

Cons

The import tools are very handy but they do not yet contain full functionality. A second import of updated supporters actually creates a second entry rather than an update to an existing entry.

Bonnie W.

OneCause (formerly BidPal) is a phenomenal asset to anyone who puts on fundraising events.

Reviewed on 2018/02/21

All the details of my event in one place, ease of creating reports, great organization of a silent auction, ability to assign (and change right up to the even time) bidder numbers, a nice-looking site to promote auction items ahead of time, support onsite at the event and after the event, and -- perhaps most important-- support whenever I needed it on the phone.

Pros

The customer support. They have a team that is nearly always immediately available, and can answer almost any question. If they can't they figure it out with you on the phone, or confer with others and call you right back. They are wonderful.

Cons

The complicated way that money is handled. It's not their fault, though. It is simploy complicated. I think they have a gret product. It is up to the user to be sure they fully understand what to do during and after an event -- and this is worth going over with support before the event.

Allyson D.

We had a great experience with this software this year for our event.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/10/03

It was easy to find our clients and it allowed us to set up our silent auction and receive bids through it weeks before the event, not just day of. It also allowed us to be able to have people who could not physically attend the event still bid and win items in our silent auction.

Pros

The availability to use it on the go and make quick changes if needed; the fact that the updated registration check in software was super easy to use and easy to make changes in if needed; the fact that we were able to set up the fundraising page quickly and that it was very clean and presentable; the fact that customer service was easy to get in touch with and would answer any questions that we had and help us pinpoint any issues as needed.

Cons

If you weren't aware of the way that items would roll over to packaging that you would have to do double work in that area (example: inputting item information so that it would roll into the packaging without having to reword descriptions, etc).

Molly F.

My organization had a great experience with the One Cause software. We look forward to continuing!

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

My organization signed on with One Cause just 2 months before our annual auction. One Cause did did everything necessary to help us prepare and keep us on target for planning our event and it was so successful! The software is very organized and helps track your project timeline and progress. Our event attendees loved bidding with One Cause on their mobile devices. Plus, moving to an online bidding platform made our check out process run much more smoothly and quickly - which everyone is a fan of! On top of all of this, their customer support is outstanding. They are incredibly patient and always happy to help. I never felt like my call was an inconvenience, no matter what time I called. Our organization has nothing but positive reviews for One Cause's product and services.

Cons

There is a lot of good information on the site to sift through, but sometimes without some guidance from support it can be a bit difficult to track down exactly what you're looking for.

Alex W.

I have had a great experience with OneCause (BidPal) for the past two years I have used the software

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

I think the customer service is great with OneCause. I have specific people assigned to help me but if it is out of normal business hours I can call the support line and they will help walk me through any process. I also really like the mobile bidding feature, this has become 1st hand to all of our donors and really make the process easier for everyone.

Mackenzie L.

Bidpal was helpful and a good resource for our fundraising

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2017/10/03

Great accurate reports, helpful service as we are approaching our event and a quick and accurate representation of how our event went

Pros

The import feature when it comes to importing our donations, attendees and donors. It's really simple and the customer service is helpful when it comes to answering questions. It's helpful to know what features are out there that we might not be currently using that would be helpful to us and they do a good job of explaining the new things and taking feedback directly to the developer to make improvements.

Cons

It's confusing to me who is my direct contact with bidpal sometimes. I worked with Sherilyn pre-event and at the event but received communication from several different people related to bidpal and feedback, event details etc. that I found to be confusing. It would be helpful to just work with one person consistently rather than getting various forms of communication from different people.

Rebecca W.

Doubled our auction revenue and saved us hundreds of hours (and throusands of dollars) in manpower

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

This has been a GAME CHANGER for our charity. We went from labor intensive registration, to pen-snatching melt downs during auction, to no less than 40 hours of payment reconciliation post event to a beautiful, easy, online platform that brought us efficiency of time and money. Worth the investment.

Pros

It's hard to pick a MOST...but I'm going to go with the efficiencies gained on entire event process (planning, execution, payment) and ease of use (complete training and support every step of the way).

Cons

I wish we could route money to two separate accounts within the same event - general and gaming.

Theresa G.

Bidpal is very user friendly and the support is wonderful!

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

How easy to use it is and how there are helpful hints within the program to help you use the software to the best of its ability.

Cons

It reloads often when searching, which is frustrating in a pinch. If you are patient, it will load properly.

Jennifer D.

BIDPAL sold our not for profit a bill of goods and then failed to deliver!

Reviewed on 2017/08/29

Zero

Pros

The best thing I can say about this software is my login worked and that's about it!

Cons

Customer Service was horrible. We got passed around from one person to the next and then was told that the program would have to be 'worked around' costing my volunteers valuable time to get what we were told we would have from the software. Our guests at our fundraisers complained constantly about the software and the onsite representative did NOTHING to step in and assist. When asked for a pro-rated refund mid year because the software was handicapping our events, we were told simply no. Thanks for nothing BIDPAL!

Response from BidPal

We appreciate your candid feedback. We¿re disappointed that you didn¿t feel our team met your expectations.

In further looking into your review, it appears that your initial auction with BidPal was a success. One of the unique aspects of BidPal is that you can use the software for multiple fundraisers throughout the year, however like any software it has it limits.

Based on our team¿s feedback it sounds like you wanted to try and use BidPal for an additional fundraising campaign in a manner that it is not intended to be used for. We applaud your creativity and appreciate that this may have been frustrating that the software wasn¿t able to meet your expectations despite our team¿s efforts to provide alternative solutions.

We¿ve passed your feedback on to our product development team as they are always working to add new functionality. Although our Director of Client Success and his team were not able to connect with you, they remain ready to assist you at any time.

0.0/10
Katie W.

Events with Ease!

Reviewed on 2018/09/04

Pros

I loved how easy it was to learn the software, and knowing that I could chat with the support team at any time with specific questions! They always helped identify the best practices, and or event was an overwhelming success, due in a large part to the organization, support, and fussy experience via Onecause!

Cons

That you could not drag and drop tables to reorder.

Dawn H.

Use OneCause to increase revenue

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

Pros

Bidpal has been a great asset to our annual Gala. We started using mobile bidding 3 years ago and have had increased revenue yearly since we began. Their team is always available to guide you through the process, and answer questions, both technical and strategic. They also have a lot of training materials available.

Cons

There are few other reports we would like to see available - but there really are many to choose from.

BidPal makes our events run more smoothly. They have phenomenal customer support!

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Our event ran much more smoothly with the use of BidPal software.

Pros

It is all inclusive - allowing us to do everything from selling tickets to running post event reports. It also creates a catalog, gift certificates and item labeling materials.

Cons

The system could be more user friendly (intuitive), but current updates are helping it get there. Sometimes it is difficult to locate the features you need, but customer support is always there to help.

Maria M.

JWP Auction 2017

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

First time user and we are thrilled with the success; reporting features on donors could be better. I would be happy to give my feedback with a BidPal rep.

Pros

Ease of use both from backend and user interface.

Cons

1. Can't split value on item that has multiple donors. 2. Limited buttons 3. Need to add comments when emailing a receipt. 4. Reports - need a complete and comprehensive summary on every donor throughout the entire campaign (monetary donations, item donations, night of event purchases, etc.)

Response from BidPal

Maria-

Thank you for your partnership and feedback.

Your BidPal Account Manager looks forward to learning more about your software suggestions during your post-event highlight call so that we can share them with our product development team to further enhance BidPal's offering.

BidPal

Brittany L.

Easy, comprehensive technology for a great price.

Reviewed on 2017/09/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Easy to use on both the back end and for event attendees and donors. Very customize-able for all types of event needs- silent/live auction, fixed price items, ticket sales, planning, etc. Great customer service and support as well- even for last-minute needs!

Cons

There are not very many cons with BidPal. Because they are the leading technology in the field, the price may be an initial step up but it well worth it.

Susan W.

We are a two woman team planning a huge event - our team grew tremendously thanks to BidPal!

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Pros

It is very user friendly - and the reports are amazing! Whether it is getting the most recent statistics or running table lists, or packaging auction items or donations or ads, it's there. And communicating with our donors and guests at the event was literally as simple as one click.

Cons

The software has some very specific auction based language that we would have liked to not use in some places. It also forces some numbers like the number of items left to sell, that in some cases we would rather have not used - like selling ads or sponsorships - fixed price items. The ability to eliminate or choose when to use some information or labeling visible to the donor would be better.

Kerry J.

A flawless experience that brought our event to the next level with online bidding, donating, etc.

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

The guests enjoyed a flawless experience with online bidding and donating. From a planning side of things, I loved that it was one less thing I had to worry about. It worked seamlessly, and each and every person I worked with was fabulous.

Pros

BidPal is such a user-friendly platform. It allows the guests to have an easy and enjoyable experience, while the planners have one less thing to worry about. It is truly a wonderful service!

Eric K.

From Great to Awful

Reviewed on 2018/09/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

If you rely on Salesforce and you're expecting some type of seamless interaction between OneCause > 1st Payments > Salesforce. DON'T BUY, it ain't happening.
If you don't use SF and have no type of CRM software, then I guess this would be OK.

Pros

Easy to use- despite a couple redundant set-ups, easy to set-up, good customer support. Overall I thought this was a great software and did everything we needed ... until they did a forced merchant migration.

Cons

Required to use their merchant: First American Payments (1st Pay) which does NOT provide ANY type of automated data import into Salesforce from OneCause.
Ironically, their affiliated company (iATS) does. Prior to the forced migration, we used iATS - which was wonderful. All data automatically imported in Saleforce, we could track everything, even provide a check/balance report for QB etc... now... nothing but pain. I even tried manually feeding it but unable to identify who paid what.

Ashlie B.

A Must Have!

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/05/02

AMAZING!

Pros

I could go on forever about how great this software is. It is user friendly and provides so much support. The silent auction and live auction features are so helpful. I truely believe that this software made our yearly Gala one of the bests we have ever had. Our guests were pleased with it as well. Check is was a breeze and everyone was happy with the ease of mobile bidding. The day of our gala OneCause sent out a representative who helped keep the software running smoothly.
She was absolutely wonderful! I wish I could give this more stars!

Cons

There was really nothing to not like. I have no negative comments to make. It was great!