4,4
Juan alejandro C.
Industry: Design

Excellent software for innovation

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

Our business is on special designs for innovated processes that involved equipments and systems with structures that works in specific environments, so SkyCiv Structural 3D help us on the design with iteration process. We started of using SkyCiv Structural 3D when we developed a 6 m of diameter door for vacuum application with a huge hinge using just SkyCiv Structural 3D, it was the only option for designing on real time when we are welding and fabricating on shop, supporting the improvement process that changes the design every day.

Pros

The easy way of modelling, ideal for experienced and non experienced designers.

Cons

The mesh size when uses plates, I mean the most of the cases is just fine, but sometimes we design with our own plate design, so mesh and number of nodes are critical.

Bruce A.
Industry: Renewables & Environment

Long time user loves the new features

Reviewed on 2020/06/04

SkyCiv was there when I needed them a few years ago and getting this business going. They are there every time I need help. Very nice to have this software for our business.

Pros

I like that you are continually improving and upgrading the software and developing new features all the time. I am an old school engineer doing a lot of analysis via spreadsheets and long hand formulas. When we started designing various solar carports and other structures I needed to quickly evaluate spans, member sizes etc and this program really helped a lot! The cost is also very reasonable while about every other engineering product is expensive and some very complicated.

Cons

I am probably ignorant but I would love to easily change the display fonts for the output and be able to shift the info to eliminate blank page spaces. Analysis output typically takes a lot of pages and I hate having too many with info most will never use.

Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

It's nothing special

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/01/07

I have used both enercalcs and SkyCiv, which have similar capabilities. I prefer Enercalc because it is much more intuitive and easier to set up the simple calcs you want to do.

Pros

It was useful for analyzing a built-up steel section and had good visualization capabilities. Everything is saved in their cloud, which is a nice feature to have.

Cons

The types of structural analysis that are offered are limited. There may be more functions in the future, but for now it is useful only for a small number of projects.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Maarten K.
Industry: Construction

intermediate stage - user review

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

Great - reponsive service and inherent willingess to improve platform and modules based on customer feedback

Pros

Automation and
cross module interface

Cons

hand calculation sheet for windloads missing

Nikunj M.

skyCiv Structural 3D

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

Linear and Non linear analysis easily carried out through this software. it gives speed result of them and easily access their files and program from web browser anytime.

Pros

Structural analysis software on the cloud. yes, easy to use . it is considering the less time for Structure analysis.

Cons

No, powerful analysis and design the structure through this software. It subjected to easily modelling functionality. it provides good and easy process for understanding and then analyzing.

Ottmar B.
Industry: Plastics
Company size: Self Employed

Great software for solving structural problems

Reviewed on 2016/11/30

I am using the software to investigate the behavior of a construction given various elements to build it with. It is really easy to learn and you can use the built-in templates or make your own. It also allows the use of plates that can be meshed giving you a glimpse of FEA. The one thing that is outstanding is their service. Extremely helpful and going far beyond what you would expect in this day and age. I actually had one of the developers assist me, even making some drawings for me. I never had that happen with any software support and I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

Pros

Easy to learn, very flexible, great customer service, ability to specify custom materials

Cons

While I have not explored it in detail it seems the DXF import feature needs some work

Mitch F.
Industry: Civil Engineering

The program as well as the customer service is excellent !!

Reviewed on 2018/04/13

Ease of use and excellent results

Pros

The ease of use and the presentation of the results are both awesome. I have had ongoing interaction with the support team and everyone is excellent !

Cons

As with any program of this type it takes some time to really learn the functionality and become aware of everything it does, but, once you get there it is awesome.

Easy to learn

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

I have designed catwalks, stairways, platforms, and large (100 ft diameter) helipad roof. Their recent design optimizer for section selection is also a great plus!

Pros

Easy to learn. I didn't dig too much into user manuals. Lots of help from skyciv support team.

Cons

SkyCiv team is continually improving the software. Currently, it is well suited to my needs.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great customer service!!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/04/16

Great! I accidentally purchased the most expensive plan (my mistake, I’m pretty sure) so I emailed in a panic, and they responded within a few hours!! Immediately [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from SkyCiv refunded me the money and gave me the plan that I actually wanted. Best customer service ever:)

Pros

It’s very user-friendly and helpful for classes.

Cons

I don’t really like that some of the features, like the beam diagram with more than two point loads, are not free.

Robert M.

This review concerns only the BEAM module.

Reviewed on 2016/02/15

I used the Beam Module on a special project and it served my needs quite well. I like the way beam and loading information are entered into the program. Solving is pretty quick and the results look quite good.

I will be using the software only occasionally because of the nature of my work.

Roberto G.

This Software makes Structural Engineering easy

Reviewed on 2020/01/10

We supply construction material in all the world, with the software we can design different systems since the interface is very versatile, quality of the presentation on reports is great giving us all the tools we need to get projects approved faster and at fair cost.

Pros

This is the most friendly engineering software I ever use, great reports and very intuitive interface, I travel to the world due to my job and I feel proud to present our reports and designs using this software to my peers and clients.

I have just had one reason to contact the technical support and my problem was resolved on minutes.

Cons

The interface for mobile devices (Iphone) has to improve, not a handicap in overall since you will normally be designing in a laptop or desktop but I will like this to improve.

Matthew V.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 2016/01/18

Had a really good experience with SkyCiv. I use the software for simple analysis and did not want to pay thousands of dollars. It helped me make simple checks (mainly deflections and bending stress) without having to hand calculate them. Highly recommend them, they were also very quick to reply to issues/questions as well.

Simo O.
Industry: Civil Engineering

Have to be experienced in engineering

Used Monthly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Pros

Program is for users who are very much knowledge about engineering. For them it is very easy to make structural frames etc.

Cons

Like any other program, it has its own difficulties like getting the structure in the 3d model.

Response from SkyCiv Engineering

Hi Simo,

Sorry to hear your experience was less than positive with only 3 stars. We pride ourselves on our customer service, so would like to see if there is anything we can do to turn this experience around for you.

We work really hard at creating an intuitive and easy user experience, but do understand that there may be limitations if the user isn't as knowledgable in structural engineering. The software is built for structural engineers, as the type of work the program does is very technical by nature.

So could I ask what the main challenges were? Is there anything we can do to improve in this area for engineers with less technical background?

Look forward to hearing your response.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Christopher M.

Very Helpful and Useful Engineering Software

Reviewed on 2016/02/18

I found SkyCiv very useful for some of the work I have been undertaking over the last few months. Big advantage was that I didn't have to commit to an expensive licence. Very easy to use and thorough results. Would highly recommend and will continue to use the software in the future.

Vinay J.

Great software for analyzing forces in complex linkages

Reviewed on 2016/02/18

The software is really great. It has saved a lot of time that I might have otherwise spent doing hand calculations.
The GUI is very user friendly and computation is also pretty fast.
It's really a must have software if you are designing complex linkages.

Adrian W.

User friendly and Accessible

Reviewed on 2016/01/13

We invested in this software because it looked like an easy way to generate beam calculations efficiently. We really like that the interface is user-friendly and intuitive. In addition, it's easily accessible due to it being web-based.

Prabowo budi S.

Marvelous!

Reviewed on 2016/03/28

The software is very useful and its very very very easy to use even if im not so good at the other software, but i think if this software is cheaper enough i would like to buy it.
thats all.

Nitin A.

Just what you need

Reviewed on 2016/03/09

It works wonders for civil and structural engineers who need someway to cross check their answers after finishing problems

Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Good software for modeling

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/01/10

Pros

This tool is useful for modeling of structures and others. You cand do it quickly without many problems.

Cons

Actually, I have not experienced any problem, but the interface can be more easy to use.

Thomas D.

Very useful.

Reviewed on 2016/03/15

Have only used it a few times but I find it very satisfying. It does everything I need.

Godfrey R.

Rating only

Reviewed on 2019/03/25
Edo O.

Very Good

Reviewed on 2016/03/05

I'm enjoying using the free version.
I will soon upgrade.

Thank you .

Budiman P.

This website really make me happy because my works became easier

Reviewed on 2016/03/24

i like this website.
my works became easier
my boss very happy

Ali B.

Perfect, and easy

Reviewed on 2016/03/14

Perfect and easy to deal with

Jose J.

full

Reviewed on 2016/02/02

The program is very good