ProPet

Kennel, daycare & grooming management software

Tami R.

Unbelievable Software

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Amazing price, amazing program, and amazing response when you have a questions (Although the software is so easy to use, that we rarely ask for anything)

They have offered new things (incident report) which we a smart idea and we love it and are using it now for complaints so we can be on top of the issue asap.

Pros

There are TOO many great things about this program. Purchased a wonderful Daycare & Grooming facility that was high paced, and growing. I had tested out two other systems that were either not user intuitive or too costly. I reviewed the software over the weekend (YES 2 DAYS AND I WAS HOOKED). Implemented it the following month, and all the staff were using and loving within the first day. The reports are amazing to use.
Emails to the customers works flawlessly, and we have customers using the customer portal to book appointments and they love it!.

Cons

The system data dumps to Quickbooks (You can run a report to ensure that it has worked which is great). The only issue is the the cross API with TWO TAXES doesn't work in Quickbooks. So when two taxes are transferred quickbooks gets confused and thinks the customer overpaid one of the taxes. Quickbooks says its not their issue, but it clearly looks like it.

Catherine S.

Can't do without it!

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

In 10 years we've got from our own spreadsheets thru 3 different purchased software packages. Demo'd several more. Experience has been overall frustrating to find the solution for our needs. Kept having to change how we do it to match how the software can support us. Propet is the most intuitive, customizable solution available. We signed on back during their beta phase, had a couple small bumps along the way but customer service is amazing and they not just fix but improve things. Regular on-going updates provide more features and improvements often. Still a couple minor things on my wish list with them but confident moving forward they will the forever solution. Cost is a bit higher than we paid for installed software options but feel it's been worth it.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, flexibility
customer service is awesome.
No limit on a number of clients or runs.

Cons

Limited reporting abilities (financial especially) but told more coming...

Response from ProPet Software

Thank you very much, Catherine, for your review of ProPet. We are so glad to be your permanent solution!

Mish C.

Easy to use. Great support. Bad app

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Pros

The overall look of the software looks great. Some software designs are very out-dated so it's nice to see a fresh design - especially if you are looking at it each day. The support team are great. Ease of use is pretty straight forward. The support team is always quick to reply their email. The overall look of the software looks great. Some software designs are very out-dated so it's nice to see a fresh design - especially if you are looking at it each day.

Cons

The app is rubbish - you can do so little on it.
You can only connect STRIPE. I am based in Australia - so the fees are CRAZY HIGH!!
I also found a review on there that was fake - I called the company and they said they never used it. I still took the plunge and have the software a try and it's fine.

Response from ProPet Software

Hi Mish!

Thank you for your review. We designed our software to ensure that it¿s user-friendly for our customers and their clients.

The app was meant to simply be a companion to the actual software and do plan to add more features to it in the future.

We are actually working on an integration with a new payment processor so perhaps you will be interested in switching. Stripe actually offers Australian users a better rate than North American users.

I'm not sure which review you found to be fake! I can assure you that we don't ask for reviews from facilities who aren't customers, nor do we fabricate fake reviews.

Kelly J.

It has been an easy transition moving from our old program to ProPet

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Variety of options for client information
Can access from anywhere

Pros

I like the fact that the transition was very easy from our old program to this one, this program is easy to use and offers a lot of flexibility.
Customer service has been great in assisting me with any questions and providing information on certain functions of the program. I also like the fact that you are constantly improving based on the customer feedback and requests. I also love the fact that I can log in from anywhere to make changes or create a booking.,.

Cons

I wish there was a way to have payments allocated in to the particular service when dealing with a dog that is already checked in under one service. For example.....when I have a dig that is checked into daycare but is also getting a groom and paying for a class, rather then it all go under the daycare (having them be entered as an add on service), have the other services go under their particular service area all while keeping it on one invoice.
I am looking very forward to having the commission report completed as well as I have 2 groomers on staff right now and their payroll take a while to go through.

Response from ProPet Software

Hello Kelly,

Thanks for taking the time to review ProPet and for sending along your suggestions. We're glad that you found the transition easy!

David M.

Absolutely Outstanding Product and Service

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

We opened our kennel in October 2019. Having studied and demoed several kennel packages we went with Propet. One of the best decisions we made. I'm extremely pleased with the software and thrilled with the customer service.

Pros

-Our customers like it
-Dashboard arrangement
-Options and custom settings
-CUSTOMER SERVICE - OUTSTANDING
-Reasonable Price
-Cloud based
-Interface

Cons

There are a few minor nits but nothing worth mentioning and they are always making improvements and additions to the functionality which they keep in an easy to see little icon on the lower right of the screen that you can click to see a log of updates.

Response from ProPet Software

Thank so much for taking the time to review ProPet! We are so glad to hear ProPet was one of the best decisions you made and we look forward to helping you grow!

Milan J.

So Happy With Our New System

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

We recently switched to Propet from our old kennel software and overall are so happy with the switch!

It's very user friendly and has been easy for all our staff to learn. Does almost everything we'd like it to. It is a rather new system so there sometimes have been the odd glitch or issue but the excellent customer support has helped whenever I need them. Unfortunately they only sell and charge in US dollars and located in Canada I wish they had a Canadian Dollars option.

Overall the switch is night and day from what we used to have and I'd definitely recommend this product!

Pros

The customers account and ability to update their information, send booking requests etc. It has taken away easily an hour of work each day for me entering bookings and customers.

Cons

That there are still some glitches or issues that come up but with that said customer support has always been great and finding a fix or solution. It's a new system there are bound to be the odd glitch.

Tiarella H.
  • Industry: Veterinary

The best booking software HappyPooch has ever used

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

Customer service is above average, the program keeps improving, and it meets all my business needs except for booking pack walk services with ease.

Pros

The way the customer pages are laid out - I can see all their info as well as upload questions and forms for them to complete.

Cons

Takes too long to book simple grooming appts. Cannot book repeating pack walks easily. I basically never check out grooming appts because takes so long on a mobile version.

Response from ProPet Software

Hi Tia,

Thank you for reviewing ProPet! As our Grooming module is still in it¿s beta phase, we are continuing to make improvements. We always appreciate your feedback!

Shane C.

Great Product and Great Support Team

Reviewed on 2017/07/10

Pros

We love how much this has simplified the booking process along with enabling us to better manage and visualize how full our boarding & day care facilities are throughout the day, week and months.

Also love how easy it is to track outstanding balances, secure vaccination records and our clients love having their own personal dashboard to manage their pets' visits.

Cons

There are some parts of our business that the software does not perfectly fit just yet, but the Propet team has been very open to our feedback and has regularly assisted in trying to create a solution that works.

Response from ProPet Software

Hi Shane,

Thank you so much for your kind words about ProPet! We are so happy that The Dogwoods is a part of the ProPet family and are always interested in hearing your feedback.

Mat P.

Helped us transorm the way we manage our Dog Day Care business with great professionalism

Reviewed on 2017/06/02

Reduced our admin time by 90% which more than covers the monthly charge. Our customers love that they can order online and see what they have used.

Pros

The only system out there that I could find which could accommodate the pre-pay vouchers we use in our business and keep the customer records we need to be compliant with our license in a cloud based system. Customers love being able to book and check how many vouchers they have left and it has saved us about 20h admin per week. The customer service and support in moving from our old paper-based system to this cloud based system have been of a "Dimond" standard.

Cons

As we are UK based you have to pay in $, not £ and the excellent customer support is only contactable after 2 pm - minor stuff. Some of the business report tools don't let you integrate the numbers as much as I would like (hence the 4stars and not 5 stars) but to be fair to Pro Pet they have helped me out with a couple and I guess I might not be the typical customer.

Response from ProPet Software

Hi Mat,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so glad your customers are appreciating the software and that your admin time has been reduced! :)

Jennifer B.

The customer service and functionality of ProPet have far exceeded my expectations!

Reviewed on 2017/12/03

Pros

It integrates with QuickBooks, has more useful features than I originally thought, has streamlined the operations of my business and eliminated much of the tedious paperwork we have been doing for the past 20 years. The customer service is surpassed by none; the ProPet team are dedicated to their clients and the functionality of their software! I have been working with the ProPet team for only 3 months and using the software for only 2 weeks and my only regret is that I didn't find them sooner. Don't wait another second, sign up for a demo, you will not regret it!

Cons

Currently there is not a dedicated module for a dog walking service. Having said that, the team is working very hard to accommodate our needs and helping us navigate the current system to ensure the dog walking portion of my business runs as smoothly as the daycare, grooming and retail.

Response from ProPet Software

Hello Jennifer,

We really appreciate your wonderful review of ProPet! We are so happy that you are pleased with the software and that everything is running smoothly at Dogeden!

Jeff V.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

We looked at a lot of Kennel software before choosing Propet. Overall it is the best for our situation. They have been great at adapting to specific needs. A few issues remain unresolved, for instance you are not able to provide a statement for a customer, but I am sure as time goes on they will have this resolved.

Pros

It is flexible and adaptable to a variety of dog boarding situations.

Cons

The reports available need some improvement. A daily sales figure(versus money collected) is key. The ability to provide a customer with a monthly statement would also be helpful.

Lucie M.

Always great and efficient service

Reviewed on 2017/09/27

Its available on line 24/7 and iphone friendly

Pros

It simply works and meets all of our needs and clients can book 24/7. We are able to plan our day accordingly, it generates reports accurately

Cons

the fact that we are being charged US dollars vs Cnd. every month our fee is different because of the currency rate, it should be a flat fee and in Cnd$. I understood that the owners were canadian so why in USD?

Response from ProPet Software

Hi Lucie,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad it meets your needs! The reason we charge in USD is because the American Dollar is the most widely used global currency and the majority of our customers are located in the United States.

Judy T.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

It grows with you and gets even better as you go!

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

It is a great product that continues to provide us with the features we need to be an efficient business striving to provides great communication and customer service.

Pros

We have been able to customize the features to suit our business needs. We feel as though we are learning to utilize more of the features each month and it makes us increasingly more efficient. Whenever we have questions - customer service is very responsive!!

Cons

Some of our customers struggled a bit with the client interface, but that would be true for any software we chose to use.

Derek J.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Excellent response and continued improvement

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

Pros

It is very flexible for many types of services. Response from them is quick and effective. They are always improving the product.

Cons

Daycare dogs are required to be assigned a run. It’s really a little thing that doesn’t effect our business but if I have to pick one thing that would be it.

Terry G.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Great, with great customer service.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

Easy to use. Great customer service. Online app is useful. User friendly. Way better then pet123. Online payments great option.

Cons

Somewhat expensive, in American dollars yet based in Canada. Issues are addressed but might take months to change or implement.

Response from ProPet Software

Hi Terry,

Thank you for your feedback! The reason we charge in USD is because the American Dollar is the most widely used global currency and the majority of our customers are located in the United States.

Tasley W.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Propet works very well!

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

I love it. they are adding a retail function at JUST the right time for us.

Pros

I like the customer service, ease of use and functionality. When we call and have a problem, they fix it quickly and efficiently.

Cons

It is still developing in certain features.

Tracy S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

If you are looking for software that is simple to learn but big on options this is it!

Reviewed on 2017/06/29

It has helped me and my staff to be able to better communicate with customers, keep track of their pets needs and predict future revenue.

Pros

Customer service is top notch! Easy to learn software! Always adding new features! The modules can be purchased separately so you can add on as your company grows!

Response from ProPet Software

Hi Tracy,

Your comments are very much appreciated! We're thrilled that our software is helping with your day to day.

Stephanie S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great Software that will soon be cutting edge

Reviewed on 2017/01/14

Thank you, Customer support for your absolutely awesome support. Looking forward to the daycare enhancement for indefinite bookings!!

Pros

Ability to move dogs from one kennel to another during their stay! Customer portal will be great!

Cons

Inability to book an ongoing daycare reservation without billing the client up front. Inability to include an add-on in a package that actually goes into the calendar for reporting.

Response from ProPet Software

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you so much for reviewing ProPet! We're glad that you like the software, and appreciate your feedback and all of your suggestions.

Elisha S.

Fabulous Support

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

Getting started with ProPet couldn't be easier!! Customer Support has been spectacular and the developers of the product have been fantastic in customizing the software to our needs!

Pros

The ability to switch dogs from 1 kennel to another during the same stay. The ability for clients to self manage their information and bookings. The ability to list multiple colour codes.

Cons

The inability to make a recurring daycare reservation indefinite without charging the client up front. The inability to set up a package with an inclusion and still have the inclusion go into the calendar as a special service.

Janet D.

Happy with the full program

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Pros

I don't have typical boarding and daycare but use those features for our training programs. It's great that the software adapts to our unique setup.

Cons

I really haven't run into any so far. It would be nice to assign a spot for daycare dogs over a stretch of days at once like for boarding vs dragging it Down per day. But this is something that is probably usueful to my business more than a standard daycare.

Response from ProPet Software

Hi Janet,

Thank you so much for your kind review of ProPet. I'm glad it's working for your specific facility set up and appreciate your daycare suggestions!

Dan H.

Propet's support is second to none. You are not alone!

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

Organization is much improved including biling and scheduling

Pros

The ease of use for all of our staff is fantastic. Generally fairly adaptable to different types of businesses. The support from the company is top notch.

Cons

The mobile/tablet functionality is fairly poor, especially using the new Kennel View function, but it is in beta. The app is fairly weak as well and doesn't have many of the more advanced features.

Response from ProPet Software

Hi Dan!

Thanks so much for your kind words about ProPet! We are so glad it's able to help Dog Training Now. We do plan to update the mobile ability and the app - thanks!

Amanda M.

I have had zero issues with Pro Pet and I am happy I chose it for my business.

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

Pros

Pretty much everything. I like the inflexibility and tbe add ons is great for my business as I offer a service but sell retail.as well. Im glad I did my reasearch and used them.

Sandy N.

This has been awesome for my business

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

time saver, organization, easy to use, customers comment that they love it, customers can personalize their info and shot records themselves

Pros

Easy to use for my customers as well as myself. I love the kennel view. I can look ahead at my week.

It saves me time from taking phone calls.

Cons

I would like this product to alert me on my phone when requests come in. The company told me they are looking into this addition.

Response from ProPet Software

Hello Sandy!

We really appreciate your review of ProPet Software and are glad you are liking it so far. We are always happy to hear your suggestions!

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Should be the standard in vet care!

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Pros

I have a vet friend who needed some help around the office and had recently switched to ProPet software. The staff at the office were super impressed with the software. They were able to move many of their existing tools onto the 'all-in-one' type software with ProPet.
When I played around with it, I found it incredible well built with things where you wanted them to be. It didn't take long to become familiar with the layout and the location of the items you needed. The owner really like the ability to add modules as needed (ex. boarding/daycare).

Cons

I didn't get a chance to play around with the software enough to find my own con's, but the staff complained that moving from existing systems was tough as data elements were either not aligned or not present. Therefore it took them a while to update records, which in the long run is a good thing.

Ann T.

Easy to set up and get started on

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Tracks all my revenue sources in one location for simple recording and reconciliation

Pros

Interface with QuickBooks online and with MailChimp; general ease of use; good reporting capabilities

Cons

Lack of ability to easily track inventory and different revenue streams in QuickBooks; disorganized retail module

Response from ProPet Software

Hi Anne,

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback! As the retail module is still in beta, we take feedback and suggestions from our customers to build a module that best suits our customers.