ProPet

Kennel, daycare & grooming management software

4,6
4,5
4,3
4,6
4,7
Warwick P.
Industry: Consumer Services

Fully featured with constant improvements

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

ProPet has made it so easy for us to run our business, while the lack of Xero support has created a couple of hurdles for us, we're very happy with the overall result we've been able to achieve using it.

Pros

Above all other training, daycare, boarding or grooming software - this stands tallest. ProPet is the cleanest, fully featured solution out there. While it can be very detailed and time consuming to set up, this customisability is what makes it great when you're looking for it later. The support is super helpful and always willing to hear out suggestions and feedback.

Cons

The training module was heavily based on the boarding/daycare module. This is understandable as it required a starting point, but has still borrowed far too much from these modules instead of rethinking how it should work for training and building the module from a different perspective.

Spencer B.

Not the best

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

When you have an idea or need something fixed within the software, the customer service reps are programmed to tell you that your idea is wonderful and that it will be placed on their list of great ideas, but nothing ever gets done. There is no tracking of open support tickets or follow up to help requests. There is no searchable help screen from within the software. You can search and external, ProPet knowledge base but it is very out-of-date and clunky. To me, the annual price I paid is no longer worth the value of the product/service I receive. However, once you have used ProPet for a period of time, it's hard to make the switch to another program.

Pros

It does help me manage my kennel space well. With ProPet I can avoid double bookings. Clients seem to find it easy enough to use.

Cons

While there is some room to customize the major and standard functions for my business, not all functions are that useable. We don't use the words "colour" and "cheque" in the US, it would be nice to have an American version of the software. What should be standard functions, you must create your own "rule" for to enable them to work properly. For example, there is no way to block clients from submitting reservations when you are going to be closed for a period of time. You can show on the calendar (X'd out dates) when you will be closed, but a client can still submit a reservation as long as their dates are on either side of your closed dates. You can't easily indicate when you kennel is completely full to clients and can no longer take reservation requests. You simply have to "cancel" every request as it comes in for the period you are full. If you like reports, ProPets has tons of reports, I think I use 2 -3 of them.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Samantha A.
Industry: Consumer Services

Used for a week. Not worth it

Reviewed on 2018/09/08

Really a waste of money really mad I actually paid money to use this program.

Pros

Truly nothing beyond hard to get a hang of the system.

Cons

Everything. Never did me nor my staff get the hang of how to use it.

Response from ProPet Software

Hi Samantha,

I'm sorry you were not happy with our services. You selected the Pet and Client Manager subscription, which does not include booking functionality, so perhaps this is why you had difficulty. We would have been happy to help you with your ProPet account in any way we could, however you did not reach out to us.

We do everything we can to properly train our customers and their staff so that everyone has a good grasp of the system and feels comfortable using it.

All the best,
The ProPet Team

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Alyssa P.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Floppy Dog Daycare- us and our customers love it!

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

The ability to schedule online has been such a life changer. Before our customers would have to get on our website, send us an email via "Contact us" form, then it would go to the business owner who would then forward it to our general email. From there we would have to either email or call the pet owner to let them know they have confirmed. Now, its 4 buttons and its done! We have gotten amazing feedback on the portal, and we adore Propet & its ease of use. When we first got our demo we asked a few of our best customers if they minded trying it for us and giving feedback. They loved it on their end, and we loved it on ours! So incredibly happy we made the switch!

Pros

We ADORE the ability for clients to schedule appointments online. It has cut down on our phone calls and encourages people to make appointments instead of just walking in. The automatic emails are fantastic, as our regulars don't really need to look at every email! Going from Kennel Connection to Propet has been one of the best decisions we have made! Propet is incredibly easy to learn, use, and grow. It keeps us incredibly organized and easy for anyone look at and understand what is going on.

Cons

The phone app could use some work. I would love to see availability for the day (kennel view) on the app. Having an app for customers would also be awesome! I've had a few people ask about it. If there was a way you could turn off customers being able to make their own accounts that would help as well. We are afraid to put the link for the portal on our website, as someone did make their own account and sign their dog up for boarding without speaking to anyone. It made for a very confusing time when they showed up and we didnt know the dog. Would also love if there was a way to make a dog Bold, or red, or underlined on the dashboard for specific things. Right now we are using the High Priority note (adds a red star next to the dog name) but it is easy to overlook. Something obvious would be nice for dogs that can't go into the daycare yards or are dog aggressive. But overall, we absolutely love the software, and you guys are doing fabulous things!

Colleen C.

Unmatched!

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

I've searched through and tried countless software programs that would work for us. Some offered a promising hope, but in the end, would not support the variety of services and client care we wanted to provide. Propet has renewed my hope that we FINALLY have the chance to transfer everything to computers instead of the manual system we have used for 15 years! ProPet customer service has been incredible! If we hit a snag somewhere along the way, they are right there to assist and have even accommodated certain things by reprogramming their software. AMAZING folks at ProPet continue to help us during our transition. The online portal for our clients is fantastic and is receiving high marks from our clients as well. Save yourself the trouble and disappointment of trying any other software. Head straight to the Checkout and purchase ProPet today! -Colleen Combs, King's Kastle Dog Rehabilitation and Socialization Center & Green Dog Rescue Project

Pros

Ease of use, the variety it offers, the financial tracking, ease in billing... there is too much to list to choose just one or two features. Not to mention the great customer service!

Cons

If you forget to hit 'send' on the original introductory email for a new client, you can't go back and send it to provide the client their portal invitation. It's easy enough to delete the client and re-enter, but it would be better if we could just opt to send the letter at a later date. That problem, however, has minimized if you set your default to "send".

Response from ProPet Software

Hi Colleen,

Thank you so much for your glowing review and recommendation of ProPet! It really means a lot to us.

I also wanted to let you know what you actually can resend an introductory email! In order to do this, please go to the customer's account, edit customer, and click on the Actions drop down link in the top right corner. Here you can send out a new welcome email.

Linda M.

Excellent software

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Pros

I have tried out trial versions of just about every scheduling software program there is. I'm glad I chose this one. Excellent software, for someone like me who is a one-woman show, I can put everything into the software that I need. It allows me to schedule boarding, daycare, grooming, and standalone services (like when I want to put in a personal appointment so that I know not to schedule a customer during that time). It also has a basic retail section that I can add purchases to boarding or grooming or daycare appointments. Sends out emails to customers to confirm appointments. I even figured out a way to have the system send out reminder emails to clients who haven't been in for grooming in a while. I can list add- on services to basic services, for example special trimming or special shampoos can be added to the basic grooming and all those costs can be tabulated. Even more important, when the customer signs online to set their own appointment, they can add those extra services as well. Which is great for someone like me who hates to try to upsell people. And when I can't figure out how to do something, or what a particular function is for, email support gets me a response quickly.

Cons

At the moment there is no report that I can print what all my grooming appointments are for the day INCLUDING those extra add on services. Also retail services, which is still in beta, allows for only one variation of a product. So for example I can put list a Dog collar and have variations of color e.g., red, blue, green. But I can't also add a second variation of small medium and large. I have to list each size as a separate item. Which is a pretty minor issue considering all the other wonderful things this program will do for you.

Response from ProPet Software

Hello Linda,

We really appreciate your review of ProPet and all of your suggestions! We do plan to update the grooming report to suit the needs you mentioned and are hoping to be able to do another update on the retail module soon.

Jasmine C.
Company size: Self Employed

Decent, affordable software package!

Reviewed on 2018/11/22

I had GREAT customer service during my trial phase, they responded VERY promptly to me and I got a direct person. As soon as that was over though, I automatically started getting kicked into a ''help ticket'' format, which I didn't care for as much, simply because it seemed to remove the personal element out of it. BUT they were still prompt with it (1-2 business days) so I can't really complain about that, just note that it removed a bit of the personal element of it. I adore their private facebook community, smart move on their part. I really wish they had more demo's on youtube. Specifically short, but detailed how to steps to accomplish micro tasks within their system. More of those instead of longer huge catch all video's that encompass several things.

Pros

Once you take the time to really go through and set it up to ''automate" everything for you, it's worth it. It's a killer going through and setting that up at first though (expect to put some hours in getting it fine tooth combed before it's smooth). Overall I think the portal via customer side of things is very slick looking, almost all of my clients love the look!

Cons

I absolutely hate that my clients can't pick an actual ''service time/date'' for their request from an availability. I don't know if this is something they are working on, but this is the crux of the system for me. I don't want 50 million phone calls just to schedule this, I want them to pick their time/date and I'll ''confirm'' or ''deny'' the request, but I need to remove the element of back and forth here's x,y, z dates and times back and forth yada that could easily be eliminated. I've heard rumor they are working on this, just haven't seen it yet.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Kasey L.

From the beginning Propet has been great to work with and has fixed things immediately for me.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Really helps me to know what my staffing requirements are as we can see immediately what our reservations are for the day or week. I use the report functions daily. Very user friendly!

Pros

Almost able to run my complete business and they try really hard to make it all work but it doesn't for the home pet services side.

Cons

I have a home pet sitting services and I can't quite get that integrated. I did have an issue with the QuickBooks integration but they fixed quickky

Response from ProPet Software

Thank you very much, Kasey, for your feedback! We do plan to improve upon our capability of handling services outside the current modules that we offer, such as your pet sitting!

Jenny S.
Industry: Consumer Services

Definitely Worth Your Money!

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

I run a dog training business and I've found that having all of the appointments, pricing, and notes in one place is great. Since I don't use the main 'kennel' aspect of ProPet, there are some aspects that work a little strangely from time to time, but I've only been using ProPet for a couple of months now and every single month, they've added new and extremely useful features. I'm very happy with my purchase and look forward to continuing to use it into the future.

Pros

Easy-to-use & Continuously adding new (wanted and useful!) features

Cons

How the modules are separated and expensive to add unless you're going to be using them all the time. There is also a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to use it and customer support is really only accessible through email.

Response from ProPet Software

Hi Jenny,

Thanks a lot for reviewing our software! We do offer User Training and Account Set Up sessions when customers sign up - we would love to set a call up if you feel it would benefit you.

We price the modules separately so that we can keep costs lower for our customers that don't need all of them.

Industry: Education Management

We are a new boarding kennel and training facility. We love using this software.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

This software is easy to use, well thought out and it has lots of features. It helps us keep track of appointments, training, grooming, etc. Love it.

Pros

Easy to use, customer service has been outstanding. In addition, they are working on upgrades and have used some of our requests to customize the experience.

Cons

There are still a few things in Beta, but they come out quickly and are well thought out and tested.

Response from ProPet Software

Thank you so much for your kind review! While we still have some modules in beta, we are always happy to take any feedback or suggestions to help us build the best module possible for our customers.

Sb S.

Great for the value

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

We have been able to integrate all of the components of our business into one software. We are able to control class/training registration, schedule daycare/boarding appointments, and maintain dog walking schedules using 1 program. There is just so much the software can do and we have been very happy with it so far.

Pros

ProPet has been extremely easy to use and train others to use. It takes very few clicks to book or change daycare appointments and boarding reservations. Functions such as 'Kennel View' and its drag and drop feature make it so easy to check/adjust current and future kennel assignments. Setting up the registration for our classes has also been pretty easy. Also, being able to have our clients communicate with us through their client portal has been great; they really enjoy being able to create their own appointments. I have been very impressed by the many ways we are able to utilize the software (e.g. boarding, daycare, dog walks, training registration, etc).

Cons

The downside to this software is that there is no manual and if I have a question I have to submit a ticket but it takes 24 hours (or more) for someone to respond or resolve the issue. The ProPet support team are very good --they're very accomodating and always willing to help--it's just the lag time between the issue I am having and the time to response can be frustrating especially when you're first getting started with the software. I wish I could resolve my own issues by having troubleshooting resources available that could tell me what to do.

Response from ProPet Software

Thanks for your review!

We do try to respond to every ticket within 24 hours but usually do reply sooner.

While we do have an FAQ, I agree that an actual manual would be very helpful! Thanks for the suggestion.

Tami R.
Industry: Retail

Unbelievable Software

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Amazing price, amazing program, and amazing response when you have a questions (Although the software is so easy to use, that we rarely ask for anything)

They have offered new things (incident report) which we a smart idea and we love it and are using it now for complaints so we can be on top of the issue asap.

Pros

There are TOO many great things about this program. Purchased a wonderful Daycare & Grooming facility that was high paced, and growing. I had tested out two other systems that were either not user intuitive or too costly. I reviewed the software over the weekend (YES 2 DAYS AND I WAS HOOKED). Implemented it the following month, and all the staff were using and loving within the first day. The reports are amazing to use.
Emails to the customers works flawlessly, and we have customers using the customer portal to book appointments and they love it!.

Cons

The system data dumps to Quickbooks (You can run a report to ensure that it has worked which is great). The only issue is the the cross API with TWO TAXES doesn't work in Quickbooks. So when two taxes are transferred quickbooks gets confused and thinks the customer overpaid one of the taxes. Quickbooks says its not their issue, but it clearly looks like it.

Katrice R.

Great Program

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

I sampled many programs when looking to upgrade. ProPet has more features available then my business needs or uses, such as online reservation.
Great customer service and Tech support!!! They helped me switch over 3000 customers from my old offline kennel program onto ProPet. This would have been a HUGE headache if I had to manually input. I love so many features on this program!! Ability to login for each employee and being able to set access limits if needed. Go to a "Customer Overview" and see what they owe or if they have credit as well as pet information at a glance is great!

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, even if you had been using another program.

Cons

We have found using a calendar when doing date of birth and vaccinations is our least favorite feature, it would be easier to just type in the date. Example: 10/5/18. The calendar style works well for check in/out.

Response from ProPet Software

Hello Katrice,

Thanks for taking the time to review ProPet! We appreciate your feedback and do agree that the vaccination calendar could be easier to use - it is something we hope to improve in the future!

Mitch O.
Industry: Hospitality

Simply Amazing Software. A must for any kennel large or small.

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

I have had the pleasure of watching ProPet grow into a "must have" online booking software. The fact that it is not only easy to use but functions well 100% of the time is wonderful. It fully integrates with QuickBooks Online and saves hours on data entry for receivables. The support is friendly and prompt to respond. Not only am I an avid user for Sunnidale Boarding Kennels but a fan! Keep up the great work!

Pros

Cons

No signature in the reply function with email communications. Every business has signatures in their emails to remain professional. I have to type a full signature each time I reply and there is no logo or links our website.

Response from ProPet Software

Hello Mitch and the Sunnidale team,

Thank you so much for your incredibly kind words. We are so lucky to have had you in our Beta program and as a continued valued member of the ProPet family.

We love getting feedback, and since submitting your suggestion we have added the signature option! To include it in your emails, please go to Settings > Templates > Email and Notification. You can add your signature to the very last field titled Message Signature.

Catherine S.
Industry: Hospitality

Can't do without it!

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

In 10 years we've got from our own spreadsheets thru 3 different purchased software packages. Demo'd several more. Experience has been overall frustrating to find the solution for our needs. Kept having to change how we do it to match how the software can support us. Propet is the most intuitive, customizable solution available. We signed on back during their beta phase, had a couple small bumps along the way but customer service is amazing and they not just fix but improve things. Regular on-going updates provide more features and improvements often. Still a couple minor things on my wish list with them but confident moving forward they will the forever solution. Cost is a bit higher than we paid for installed software options but feel it's been worth it.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, flexibility
customer service is awesome.
No limit on a number of clients or runs.

Cons

Limited reporting abilities (financial especially) but told more coming...

Response from ProPet Software

Thank you very much, Catherine, for your review of ProPet. We are so glad to be your permanent solution!

Mish C.

Easy to use. Great support. Bad app

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Pros

The overall look of the software looks great. Some software designs are very out-dated so it's nice to see a fresh design - especially if you are looking at it each day. The support team are great. Ease of use is pretty straight forward. The support team is always quick to reply their email. The overall look of the software looks great. Some software designs are very out-dated so it's nice to see a fresh design - especially if you are looking at it each day.

Cons

The app is rubbish - you can do so little on it.
You can only connect STRIPE. I am based in Australia - so the fees are CRAZY HIGH!!
I also found a review on there that was fake - I called the company and they said they never used it. I still took the plunge and have the software a try and it's fine.

Response from ProPet Software

Hi Mish!

Thank you for your review. We designed our software to ensure that it¿s user-friendly for our customers and their clients.

The app was meant to simply be a companion to the actual software and do plan to add more features to it in the future.

We are actually working on an integration with a new payment processor so perhaps you will be interested in switching. Stripe actually offers Australian users a better rate than North American users.

I'm not sure which review you found to be fake! I can assure you that we don't ask for reviews from facilities who aren't customers, nor do we fabricate fake reviews.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Kelly J.
Industry: Retail

It has been an easy transition moving from our old program to ProPet

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Variety of options for client information
Can access from anywhere

Pros

I like the fact that the transition was very easy from our old program to this one, this program is easy to use and offers a lot of flexibility.
Customer service has been great in assisting me with any questions and providing information on certain functions of the program. I also like the fact that you are constantly improving based on the customer feedback and requests. I also love the fact that I can log in from anywhere to make changes or create a booking.,.

Cons

I wish there was a way to have payments allocated in to the particular service when dealing with a dog that is already checked in under one service. For example.....when I have a dig that is checked into daycare but is also getting a groom and paying for a class, rather then it all go under the daycare (having them be entered as an add on service), have the other services go under their particular service area all while keeping it on one invoice.
I am looking very forward to having the commission report completed as well as I have 2 groomers on staff right now and their payroll take a while to go through.

Response from ProPet Software

Hello Kelly,

Thanks for taking the time to review ProPet and for sending along your suggestions. We're glad that you found the transition easy!

Alyssa S.
Industry: Veterinary

Great program that's streamlined our business!

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

It saves us an incredible amount of time and limits the back and forth of emails to schedule dogs coming in for boarding.

Pros

I love the kennel view feature and the ability to see who is in which kennels on which dates/times. The ease at which clients can request dates and times and the flexibility to change schedules and fees.

Cons

The Iphone app has some serious limitations but they are constantly improving so hope to see improvements soon. Additionally, even though you set your kennel numbers, the system still allows clients to request dates when you are already at capacity.

Response from ProPet Software

Hi Alyssa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate your comments regarding the phone app and the capacity, and do hope to release related updates soon!

David M.

Absolutely Outstanding Product and Service

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

We opened our kennel in October 2019. Having studied and demoed several kennel packages we went with Propet. One of the best decisions we made. I'm extremely pleased with the software and thrilled with the customer service.

Pros

-Our customers like it
-Dashboard arrangement
-Options and custom settings
-CUSTOMER SERVICE - OUTSTANDING
-Reasonable Price
-Cloud based
-Interface

Cons

There are a few minor nits but nothing worth mentioning and they are always making improvements and additions to the functionality which they keep in an easy to see little icon on the lower right of the screen that you can click to see a log of updates.

Response from ProPet Software

Thank so much for taking the time to review ProPet! We are so glad to hear ProPet was one of the best decisions you made and we look forward to helping you grow!

Sharon H.

This program has everything we need for our dog & cat boarding facility. Amazingly easy.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

The software has everything we need to track, document, interact via emails, invoicing and uploading pictures of the dogs & cats to show up on the kennel cards (AKA boarding sheet). Easy to maneuver through and get everything we need or need to document. The notes on the customer's page is great for sharing info with others in the facility for check in and check out purposes.

Cons

There is not a thing we can say that is negative about this software as it has exactly what we need for our boarding facility. Incredibly easy to teach new employees on the software and it hasn't failed us yet.

Response from ProPet Software

Hello Sharon!

Thank you so much for your review. We¿re glad that ProPet has made running your business easier!

Milan J.

So Happy With Our New System

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

We recently switched to Propet from our old kennel software and overall are so happy with the switch!

It's very user friendly and has been easy for all our staff to learn. Does almost everything we'd like it to. It is a rather new system so there sometimes have been the odd glitch or issue but the excellent customer support has helped whenever I need them. Unfortunately they only sell and charge in US dollars and located in Canada I wish they had a Canadian Dollars option.

Overall the switch is night and day from what we used to have and I'd definitely recommend this product!

Pros

The customers account and ability to update their information, send booking requests etc. It has taken away easily an hour of work each day for me entering bookings and customers.

Cons

That there are still some glitches or issues that come up but with that said customer support has always been great and finding a fix or solution. It's a new system there are bound to be the odd glitch.

Tiarella H.
Company size: Self Employed

The best booking software HappyPooch has ever used

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

Customer service is above average, the program keeps improving, and it meets all my business needs except for booking pack walk services with ease.

Pros

The way the customer pages are laid out - I can see all their info as well as upload questions and forms for them to complete.

Cons

Takes too long to book simple grooming appts. Cannot book repeating pack walks easily. I basically never check out grooming appts because takes so long on a mobile version.

Response from ProPet Software

Hi Tia,

Thank you for reviewing ProPet! As our Grooming module is still in it¿s beta phase, we are continuing to make improvements. We always appreciate your feedback!

Katie H.

Great customer service

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Pros

Online booking for clients
Customer service is excellent- always there to help when needed!
Bright, welcoming look to the software

Cons

I dislike the new kennel view style - it is confusing to me
I wish it was easier to book kennels so that the next booking automatically chooses a kennel where another dog is leaving that same day instead of an empty kennel.

Response from ProPet Software

Hi Katie,

Thanks for leaving a review and for your feedback on our Kennel View. I have submitted it to our development team for review.

Cami M.
Industry: Consumer Services

Good product but a little pricey

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

Propet has been a good company and platform to work with and I’m glad I chose them to use so far.

Pros

They have good customer service to work with you and tweak the program to your needs. Clients really like the customer portal also. Fairly easy to navigate and always adding updates.

Cons

Would like the different programs within proper to work more fluidly together as our dogs overlap with training and boarding. Think it’s a little pricey and may consider keeping if price gets increased.

Response from ProPet Software

Hi Cami,

Thank you for reviewing ProPet! We're glad that you're happy with the software so far. We do hope to make improvements to the fluidity between modules.

Theresa W.

ProPet is amazing! I love how easy it is to use and how we can make it personalized to our business.

Reviewed on 2017/06/29

We have already saved so much paper & time with this software program. We are heading into one of our busiest weeks of the year (4th of July) and it has been so easy getting everything together for each individual customer. :)

Pros

I can't choose just one thing that I like most about ProPet. I love how easy the program makes our daily tasks. We no longer have to make Confirmation Calls to remind customers about their dog's stay with us - instead they now get email reminders. I also love how everything is in one place & customers can also access their account to see if they have bills to pay, book reservations, etc. We love ProPet!

Cons

What I like least about ProPet is just the fact that not all of our customers aren't really thrilled about the new system. We've received a few complaints that we are going this route but you know what's awesome? It doesn't matter if they are on board or not! We can still use the software and customers don't even have to ever access their account if they do not want to.

Response from ProPet Software

Hello Theresa!

We really appreciate you taking the time to review ProPet software. I'm glad that you (and at least some of your customers!) are enjoying the software!