Rachel S.

Low cost but inefficient as well

Reviewed on 2018/09/01

If I could get out, I would. The fact that one person only can be in the chart is ridiculous. It will slow down your pace and make your flow less efficient.
If I had to do it over again, I would not purchase this system.

Pros

Relatively easy to learn the software.

Cons

1. Only one person can be in the chart at one time - so your staff cannot help you enter information if you are in the chart. Very inefficient!
2. No ipad or iphone app
3. Every time an update is made the system becomes more burdensome
4. We give suggestions to improve the system - positive changes are never made.

Response from Sevocity

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We hate to hear that you are not happy and hope you will contact our Support center for assistance. More than one person can be in the chart at the same time and you can easily send encounters between users. We regret that some of the updates required for CMS certification are not helpful but unfortunately are required for certification.

Darren S.

A SUPER product.

Reviewed on 2021/01/15

Wonderful company that makes me feel important and pretty much treats me like a big deal

Pros

The infinite ways to modify the exam is a great. I have never seen this simple expandable format in other software. I love the easily customizable menus on the exams. All in one EHR and Front office is great as well. Support is great!! almost immediate every time I have used it. The best I have ever had in a tech company.

Cons

Occasionally i come across something I cannot customize. It is rare though.

Jarred J.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great EHR for the cost. very user friendly

Reviewed on 2016/12/15

Sevocity was the first EHR program that I had ever used. I was amazed at how with just a couple training sessions how easy it was to pick up. Sevocity made my first EHR experience a good one.

Pros

Ease of use.
Great customer support (which was rarely needed).

Cons

No audible tone when a patient is ready to be brought back.

Response from Sevocity

Jared, Thank you for your suggestion. Sevocity is not currently designed with audio/sounds and most practices have indicated there is too much noise in the practice to be able to hear such audio indicators. However, we would like to understand more about your suggestion and exactly when/where you would like audible tones, so please submit a product suggestion through the Help menu in Sevocity. Please keep in mind that we receive hundreds of product ideas every year and our #1 priority is meeting government program EHR certification requirements and these change every year. As a result, while we strive to address as many ideas as possible it is usually not possible to address all suggestions.

Ronald B.

Excellent System

Reviewed on 2016/07/25

Our office has come from eMDs and Praxis EMR systems. In addition, we have reviewed many other systems before we made the transition to the next EMR. Based on that information I can say Sevocity is easily the best of them all. We are a family practice clinic and I would highly recommend Sevocity for any primary care doctor.

Pros

Easy to use and learn, takes very little time and effort to get up and running with it. Is tightly designed and compact. None of this modular approach, like there is a module for this function and yet another module for that function. Feature rich, easy to set up and customize to your liking.

Cons

Email feature bare bones, needs to function more like a real email system. But it is OK to work with, we use it a lot. During note creation, one can only access the prior note, not any other historical notes, a clear shortcoming in documentation. Sevocity uses Dr First as their e-Rx feature. While that system is not bad, Sevocity should insist to get more access to training resources from Dr. First. Training on Rcopia is spotty. With time and usage one can figure it out but an area that could be improved upon.

Julie M.

overview of emr

Reviewed on 2016/12/15

Well organized, easy to use, good service, good value overall quality. Would like to be able to have a better cut and paste option for the plan section and the ability to make some internal changes for myself without the assistance of the organization.

Pros

easy

Cons

user-friendly

Response from Sevocity

Julie, Thank you for your feedback. We would like to understand more about your suggestion for cut and paste so please submit a product suggestion through the Help menu in Sevocity. Please keep in mind that we receive hundreds of product ideas every year and our #1 priority is meeting government program EHR certification requirements and these change every year. As a result, while we strive to address as many ideas as possible it is usually not possible to address all suggestions.

While we offer free ongoing customization support, most customizations can be made by your clinic¿s administrator (or other designated individual) without going through Sevocity. We offer periodic free training on how to make customization changes and many of the sessions at our annual meeting are on customizations. You¿re also welcome to contact Support and request free individual web training on this.

Rachel S.

Price is good, but there is a tragic flaw

Reviewed on 2016/06/16

The product was generally easy to learn and is overall good value but the product has a tragic flaw (see below).

Pros

As above, the product was easy to learn and the training was good. The prescribing software is excellent.

Cons

1. Two people cannot be in the chart at one time. For example, if you want to chart in the HPI, your nurse cannot enter meds or PMH, or be in any other part of the pt's chart. This seriously affects work flow, and for this reason alone I would consider buying another EHR. If you have a busy office, this is not a great system.
2. Everything is an "encounter" so if you change a med, or refill a med, or talk to a patient, you have to scroll through these encounters to find your notes. You can only see the titles of 5 encounters at a time and then you have to ask to see more.

I have asked the Development Team to fix these issues but they told me they have more pressing issues to work on.

Yvonne S.

Sevocity has by far been the best EHR we have used.

Reviewed on 2017/08/09

OUTSTANDING TEMPLATES, EASY TO TRAIN EMPLOYEES, AND GREAT REPORTING TOOLS AS WELL AS CUSTOMIZATION.

Pros

Mostly we like the templates, how we can make our own templates that best fits our office and that support is always there to help. Team members are great and always helpful. Also the its easy to train new staff.

Cons

Sevocity has grown since we first started with Sevocity so recently there has been some changes and we understand that they have more clients but a little more one on one and quicker customer support would be great just like the good old days.

Mirela C.

Sevocity user past 3 years

Reviewed on 2016/07/08

Easy to use, reasonably fast customer services, only 1-2 times a year have we had any issues accessing EMR due to software or server problems.

Pros

Easy to use, has a portal, Meaningful use complaint, has labs and billing interfaces built and available, love the Sfax included in price.

Cons

occasional is hard to reach support after hours as they are on the EST and we are on PST.

Carol W.

User friendly

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Excellent EHR system, reports are easy to access and generate. Customer service representatives are very knowledgeable and always ready to assist you with any questions you have. We are very pleased.

Response from Sevocity

Carol, thank you for taking the time to review us. We are happy that you you find reports are easy to access and generate and that support is always available to help you out. Thank you again!

Renee W.

The Ehr pain

Reviewed on 2016/06/16

When I converted to EHR in 2010,I had hoped to be tablet based. 6 years later I still have not accomplished it. As a solo practitioner. I cannot afford a scribe and consequently still spend 2 hours after each clinic day charting.

Pros

It is web based

Cons

It is not intuitive

Brittany F.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Sevocity is an easy way to communicate with others.

Reviewed on 2015/10/02

Pros

Sevocity is easy to navigate through to and to communicate with other providers.

Cons

You cannot see the messages you send to others unless it is sent as a task.

Megan H.

Bariatric Clinic Use

Reviewed on 2018/08/14

Pros

I like the patient portal portion the most. I work mainly on the front end of patient scheduling, and I really like the way that patients can fill out their histories online, and it will upload into Sevocity. It saves a lot of time.

Cons

I don't like the amount of "clicking" required to look at imported documents.

Carol W.

"Highly recommended EHR, great support"

Reviewed on 2015/03/16

We have been with Sevocity since 2011, and we have had some issues but a lot of it is due to the fact that the staff and provider's need to take some time to learn more about this program that is and will constantly change with new and updates and requirements that are put into place by CMS. Product Enhancements are available, not always granted but available if enough provider's voice their opinions. 2015 was the first Conference I had been to and it was the best ever, I would recommend that all office's send their staff, Administrator, Trainer, or Physician's the information provided is so much more than you can get over the phone and is the key to providing to practice with overall success.

Diana N.

Sevocity Practicality / Functionality

Reviewed on 2016/12/21

Sevocity is easy to customize to meet the unique requirements of any practice type. It is very user friendly which makes it less of a daunting task to train new employees.

Pros

Sevocity is easy to navigate through, yet effective at internal communication between provider and staff.

Cons

Software updates, although necessary, do not always run as smoothly as one would hope.

Debbie K.

5 STAR EHR - Sevocity does the job I purchased it to do - easy to train staff - meets my needs!

Reviewed on 2015/09/03

Pros - user friendly, easy to train new staff, very functional, and compatible with many laboratories. My practice has been on Sevocity since 2009 we have found this company provides the service that they promised they would within the timeframe. Easy to customize.
Cons - not yet available on the Ipad
Details - I have a large staff and they have no problem navigating Sevocity we use it for communications of all types, patient issues, meeting notices and confirming arrival at work. I routinely print production reports so as management I know who did what when - better yet who didn't.

Jenna R.

Better than others

Reviewed on 2015/01/16

Sevocity was chosen to be our EHR system beginning in 2013. While skeptical at changing over from paper charts to electronic, Sevocity's customer support tried to make the transition easier with training sessions and conference phone calls. They were helpful for Meaningful Use, but we would sometimes have to call multiple times to get answers towards the end of the year. Overall the product is easy to use as it is set up like a chart, and the staff do try to get questions answered.

Katie R.

I use this software daily and it is such a user friendly product that helps me complete...

Reviewed on 2015/12/15

I enjoy the ability to print referral, to print medical records, to log and in and review the doctors notes right after the appointment with out delay. I do wish however that the cost and paste ability was allowed within the software. I also wish that the emailing within the system showed the entire conversation and not just the response to your sent message.

Agnes K.

Love it. Easy to use.

Reviewed on 2016/06/02

Sevocity is easy yet rich with content, ramp up time very short compared to my old EMR.
The only negative I have is that my suggestions for improvement don't get a response, but I am going to the National conference and hopefully will get to speak to the developers.
I love this company so much compared to my old EMR.

Sandy S.

Reviewed on 2016/12/28

We have not had any major issues with Sevocity. It is easy to use and navigate. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking into getting EHR.

Response from Sevocity

Hello Sandy,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate your positive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer!

Catherine B.

Customer Service Sevocity

Reviewed on 2015/03/14

Sevocity is a great EHR system. i have used it for the past 4 1/2 years and it was easy to catch on. I think that its user friendly and the program has a lot to offer. I love patient portal because the patients can send messages opposed to calling. Its easy for the patients and works great for the staff.

Yvonne S.

Sevocity Review

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

Sevocity has been a great EHR, great templates, user friendly. Most of our employees are easily trained. They do offer webinars through out the month and are always upgrading their software. Up to date with ICD 10 codes. Friendly Staff

Lori F.

Sevocity from a Billing Standpoint

Reviewed on 2015/12/09

The system is extremely user friendly and pretty much self explanatory once the templates are created. It would be more helpful if we could log into one system for both practice management and EHR rather than logging into 2 systems.

Rebecca M.

Very User-Friendly

Reviewed on 2015/12/10

The system does run slow at times or goes down like any other EMR system, but it is a very easy system to use and all of the different tools make our job so much easier. I would definitely recommend Sevocity to other offices!

Colin J.

Efficient, organized and easy to use and get accustomed to!

Reviewed on 2015/11/13

Efficiency and organization are the pros while a con is that the program as not quite become mobile-user friendly on tablets we have in the office.

Debbie L.

Great Product! Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 2015/12/21

Easy to get started with, very organized interface.

No signal to let you know when you have a notification.