PetExec

Cloud-based pet care business management system.

Amber F.

Great way to keep track of daily grooming activities

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Helps us run a smooth grooming salon by keeping all of our info organized and in one place that's easy to access.

Pros

Very easy to set up and use. You set your own prices for breeds but can still vary them if needed according to each individual dog. Can easily track my commission to see what I am making everyday too.

Cons

Could have more features to make everyday groomer life easier, like text confirmations and pickup reminders.

Response from PetExec

Hi Amber,
Thank you very much for your feedback on the PetExec system. We strive to make the system flexible and efficient so that you can do what you love to do! Work with your pet guests. =)
We do offer an additional add on to your system called PetSnaps Messaging which is a more robust texting plan. With this plan, you can have 2 way texting with your pet parents, images can be texted, and you can send out text reminders.
Please check out the details on this link (https://www.petexec.net/purchase-petexec/image-sms-texting) and if you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us in live chat (the awake puppy icon on your dashboard).

Sb S.

Good software but cumbersome navigation

Reviewed on 2018/06/02

Pros

The best thing I could say about PetExec is that once you understand how to use the software its pretty easy to navigate. You get it the information to the developers and they set it up which is a better experience than I've had with other software companies. Receiving payments, adding customer credit, reviewing purchase history and future schedules are available which is really helpful in everyday use. Customer support for this software is phenomenal! They have a chat option once you log-in and you can ask the agent any question about how to find something and you'll have an answer within minutes if not seconds. That is probably by far the best feature of this software--I don't need to use it often but when I do its really nice to have it available. Also, they have documentation available on how to find things or do things in PetExec.

Cons

A downside to using PetExec is that completing an action in the software takes a lot of clicks and uses multiple screens. All of the pet, client, booking, etc. information are all on a different pages and to get to those pages its not as simple as clicking a button which is unfortunate and can complicate things when you're speaking to a customer and they need to check out and want information about their account. You cannot just look at a customer page and have all of the information available you have to find where that information would be then click on a link that will take you to another screen that will have a button that can take you to another screen that actually has the information you need. The software in general is not very intuitive but it does have mostly everything you need.

Katie H.

We love it!

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

PetExec has great customer service. There were easy to deal with during set up, and very good about training us to use the software.

Pros

It is easy to use and we find it intuitive. We love the fact that we can be paperless, as well as the credit card integration!

Cons

Some of the "required" client info just too much.

Response from PetExec

Hi Katie! Thank you! We are happy that you are enjoying the paperless functions in the system and the credit card integration feature. We are so glad you are part of our pack!

Emily H.

Awesome Software

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

Overall a great product. They [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are in tune with todays' changing times and they provide updates to the software on an as needed basis. Very receptive to the needs of their clients.

Pros

Easily tailored to fit your business. Easy to train new employees. clients can upload their own vaccines.

Cons

Webcam section should be able to handle basic IP Camera, instead of having to purchase 1 brand.
Client security on APP. We care about data breaches and would prefer a stronger requirement for passwords on the moblie app or two factor.

Response from PetExec

Hi Emily, thanks so much for your review of our system! We constantly strive to introduce new features, and upgrades to current features to help add value for our amazing packmates.
We have partnered, and integrated with iDogCam as we have been able to extensively test their product in our system which takes a lot of time and due diligence. You do have the option to utilize other webcams in your system, however, due to the testing it takes, we cannot guarantee support for outside vendors of webcams.
In regards to the client security on the app, we do have Two Factor Authentication, an additional security level that your pet parents can enable. Here is some documentation for you to take a look at. http://docs2.petexec.net/content/37_docs_and_pdfs/Two_Factor_Authentication.pdf Please come into tech support (live chat) if you have any questions regarding this information. We are in tech support live chat M-F 9 am -7 pm EST and also by phone and email.

Nicole H.

Dog Boarding Only

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

I feel like it does everything I need from Boarding to Daycare to products. It does make life easier.

Pros

This software has made my life easy. I like the automated reminders to clients about boarding and I love the ease of booking and changing reservations as needed. It takes the stress out of what we do.

Cons

Because I'm only boarding and sometimes daycare, there is a lot that this software does that I don't do. I wish that when signing up, getting help to set it up would have been a free service. When you're starting a business there are a thousand things you must pay for and it's overwhelming. So I feel like what I'm using could be streamlined better, but I'm not a Pet Exec genius to be able to set it up myself. I just did the best I could. Or after 3 years or more of using the product that we would earn free help to really set it up right.

Heather B.

PetExec is Amazing

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

Overall PetExec handles all of our day to day operations and we've been very happy with it. We did have to change some business processes because they don't handle stuff the way our previous software did but that's just the way it works.

Pros

Being able to use PetExec from anywhere is my favorite part of this software. No matter where I'm at I can log in and see schedules and client information. And the customer support is outstanding. Knowing that I can click the chat button during work hours and someone is there to answer my question is awesome. PetExec was different from our previous software so there was a learning curve but that is with any software. Knowing that they were there to help us and answer any question was worth the switch. Finally, getting automatic updates online is really nice. No more supporting local hardware or doing updates manually makes my life much simpler.

Cons

PetExec's reporting could be a little more robust but I have found that the information is there, sometimes I have to export it to Excel to get the answers I need. However, with every update they are releasing more reports and updating current reports so they are working on it! The Grooming module needs some additional work as well but like I said, they are always making upgrades.

Response from PetExec

Hi Heather! We are so happy to have you in our pack! Thank you for your review! We applaud that you, like many of our very savvy packmates, have kept your business and processes agile in this industry. We will continue to work to provide updates and upgrades which will help you continue this into the future.

Lisa L.

PetExec

Reviewed on 2021/04/06

Software functions well. We like the way it looks and scorecards are easy to read

Pros

Easy to learn and fairly easy to navigate

Cons

The Scheduled Revenue Reporting is completely inaccurate because it's based on a "per night" charge when 100% of the pet industry is paid when the dog checks out at the end of their stay. For example, the scheduled revenue for 4/5/21 in PE was $2372.30. ACTUAL revenue on 4/5/21 was $16,292.75 because 17 dogs checked out that day. Makes it virtually impossible to do any forecasting accurately and seems like an easy "fix" for PE. Create an option for scheduled revenue to be based on check out date, instead of nightly, since we do not realize any income until check-out.

Also, when scheduling a grooming or daycare (through boarding), having to re-enter the times for pick-up and drop-off every single time is ridiculous when the time had already been chosen. If we skip this extra step, the pet parent receives a confirmation email with incorrect (default to 3:00AM) times. Just a completely wasted extra step and makes us look bad if it gets missed.

We also used to be able to see confirmation emails that went to clients and now can no longer see those. So, if a client said they didn't have an appointment for grooming, we no longer have that email as proof.

Aj C.

All-in-One Wonder Software

Reviewed on 2016/12/07

We operate a luxury Daycare, Grooming, Boarding and Dock Diving facility. PetExec has been a life saver, as it incorporates everything from scheduling to customer records to inventory management and order processing! The tech support is fabulous; they have a built in chat support system that is near instant, and their programmer Paul is awesome at adding new features requested by users. Their support guy for First Data is incredible as well. He is expedient and cares about quality customer service just like the rest of the PetExec team. Their rep in tech support is patient and helpful as well. There's so many options in PetExec that it can be overwhelming to new users, which is why I put 4 stars for ease of use. However, the system is very clean looking, has custom color templates to choose from, and is super easy to pick up on. As a programmer and IT admin myself, I can definitely see the thousands of hours of work that have gone into PetExec and I am definitely impressed with the outcome. Their servers are really well maintained and we never experience connection issues or outages. They also have a wonderful Facebook group just for P.E. users that serves as an awesome open forum for people with questions. It is great to be able to network with other people who work in/ run doggie daycare businesses. PetExec is definitely the best product out there for dog businesses hands down; it is the perfect all-in-one wonder software for anyone looking to run a professional dog operation.

Pros

Quality programming, ease of use, visual appeal, customer service

Cons

So many options it is easy to get lost when trying to reach a specific page. This is mainly for users who don't consistently use P.E. on a daily basis.

Jenn F.

PetExec Review

Reviewed on 2020/05/16

I'm happy with PetExec overall. I do with things were simpler - I find training new team members on it can take months before they fully understand the program.

Pros

I like the ability for clients to make reservations online and to keep notes on training clients, boarding clients grooming, etc.

Cons

There are too many clicks to accomplish each task. I understand why, but for example - booking a dog walk, I have to select the walk I would like to schedule, select the correct time, then select the time "in" and "out" of the service, then change the default 30 minutes to the actual length of the walk being booked, then assign to our walker, and then submit the booking. This is the same with grooming, training, etc. While I like the customizable option of it, I feel this could be simplified.

Heather D.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great Product, wouldn’t be able to run our business without it.

Reviewed on 2019/05/18

System is simple to use once it is configured. You can implement functions as you choose. It is very customizable but still not too difficult to implement. Customer service is easy to work with and get in touch with over chat or phone or email. Integrated cc processing is a very fair rate and makes the product an excellent customer service tool due to ease of reviewing billing etc. user portal is so easy and gives our customers control of an online sign-up ,their account and online payments which saves on customer service calls. It is always improving.

Pros

Easy to learn/use, highly customizable

Cons

Doesn’t support more than one physical location yet.

Response from PetExec

Hi Heather! Thanks so much for your review. We absolutely LOVE our packmates! We continue to develop new features and enhance current ones to make our system even more efficient for you and to keep up with our ever changing industry.

Linda H.
  • Industry: Events Services

Training a new tech-savvy person takes less than 5-minutes

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Love that PetExec is online so I can see results on my phone wherever I am. Love the quick counts and projected revenue for upcoming reservations. The fact that all my new employees learn on their own is so convenient for us.

Pros

PetExec is such an easy system to use. It's nice that there are 2-3 ways to reach the same result which makes it very user-friendly because however you navigate through the screens, you get to where you want to go. When I train new people I show them a couple of buttons and then give them new client info and they can set up without me looking over their shoulder. I tell the staff, "it's an app." You don't need instructions on using an app. It's simple. And if they were to have questions they can either ask the online help, which is AWESOME, or they can look through documents in the software.

Cons

There is not ever a time where I said, "I wish PetExec did THIS." I know there are more features than I even use or need. And if I thought of one I would like, it is probably already included.

Jolie F.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

The more they update the better it gets!

Reviewed on 2020/05/28

Pros

Overall I'm satisfied. They add new features periodically to expand the usefulness. There are a few quirks that we experience, but the customer service team is AMAZING and wonderful to work with.

Cons

Credit card options. You are only able to use their merchant services. Although I think they are great, I have been recently approached by other companies with lower rates/fees.

Response from PetExec

Thank you for your review Jolie! We are so happy that you are part of our pack!

Jessica E.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Could not be any happier with PetExec!!

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

We have been using PetExec since I opened my door almost 8 years ago. We have since added a second location. I would recommend this software to anyone looking for this type of system for their business.

Pros

PetExec meets all of the needs that I have to run my business. It is easy to use and there are many areas that I could expand on if I choose to.

Cons

There really isn't much that I dislike about using PetExec. Maybe some of the set up processes aren't the easiest to navigate but there is always someone to help if needed.

Response from PetExec

Hi Jessica!
Thank you! We are honored that you are part of our pack/family at PetExec. =)

Sherry A.

Very Happy I Switched to PetExec

Reviewed on 2016/12/29

I switched from another SW company in January 2014 and I am very happy I did. Customer services is wonderful and very quick. The ability to request new features is very helpful. I live the versatility in created different services and categories as it gives me the ability to create more defined reports.

Pros

Versatility

Cons

Does not import into Quick Books

Response from PetExec

Thank you for your very nice review. PetExec does include QuickBooks Export, a set of tools that extracts data from PetExec for import into a QuickBooks instance.

If you do not see this option in the PetExec menu, you may need to enable it for your employee type via Employees -> Maintain Employee Types.

For more information view http://docs2.petexec.net/content/pdfs/QuickBooks_Export_Overview1.pdf

Lorena G.

Great program!

Reviewed on 2016/12/07

Using PetExec has completed changed how I run my business. It's easy to keep track of dogs and know exactly how I need to plan things. The program is flexible and everything can be adjusted, so if my employees do something wrong I can easily go in and fix it at any time! Reports are super handy and help me keep track of how the store is doing overall and where I need to focus my marketing. Setting up the client portal is great too and my clients enjoy being able to check in and schedule things themselves. Everything in this program is customizable which makes it great since I can cater it to my specific business model. Using the payment portal has also made my life a lot easier and the fee structure for credit card processing is one of the best. I have done a lot of research and used other programs before this one but this is the one that I stuck with and will continue to use as my business grows. PetExec is a must and I would highly recommend it!

Pros

ease of use, customizable, easy adjustments on all orders, great customer service

Cons

more training videos, the pdf's can be confusing

Kristen T.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Pet exec is perfect for our needs

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Pros

Very user friendly and easy to teach new staff. Regular updates for improvement. Perfect software for our kennel.

Cons

I wish it had a way to search for customers in the database by telephone number.

Response from PetExec

Hi Kristen!
Thank you so much for providing this review. We are happy that you are enjoying working with the system. We love our packmates!
For the customer search, If you type in the phone number for a pet parent in the "Global Search", it will pull up the pet parent/pets. If you still have problems with this, please come on into our live chat , tech support where our team is ready to help you! Just click on the puppy icon at the bottom of your dashboard!

Joshua W.

Great Software for a busy Business

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

After using Gingr and Kennel Connections I can say I'm quite pleased with PetExec and what they offer.

Pros

The ease of use. Seeing as it's bustling in the mornings at check in time and in the evenings at Check out time fiddling with software is the last thing we want to do which we don't have to.

Features: The features are great and help us keep track of everything to do with a client their dogs.

Web Based: Being web based is great our clients can upload their vet documentation and such. It's wonderful.

Updates: They keep the updates coming and listen to customer feed back and make changes accordingly it's great!

Cons

Some of the navigation of the software can be a pain but with the steady stream of updates these are usually squashed right away.

Response from PetExec

Hi Joshua! We will continue to listen to our packmates fantastic requests. Thank you so much for this review!

April H.

Easy to use and great customer service!

Reviewed on 2016/12/07

We love PetExec not only for the features but for how easy it is to use. The staff can be quickly trained on its features so that you can get new hires started quickly. We also love the reporting that is available which helps us make changes to our operations since we know how we are doing. The customer service that PetExec provides is gold star and unparalleled by other software companies similar in size. Highly recommend using this software for Daycare, Boarding, and Grooming!

Pros

Features, reporting, ease of use

Cons

We also perform adoptions so it would be great if it handled animal management!

Wendy M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Got my scheduling organized!

Reviewed on 2016/12/07

Without a doubt, PetExec has been one of the best investments I have made into my dog boarding kennel. Not only has it organized my scheduling process and allowed me to be without a paper scheduling book or sticky notes, it sends automatic emails confirming the reservations to my clients instantly and the day before their scheduled day. It also sends automatic birthday greetings to any pet that I have entered a birthday for. My clients love this! With PetExec, I can now send mass emails with updates or announcement without having to manually enter each email. It has streamlined my "office side" of my business and I would highly recommend it to any groomer or kennel owner. Worth every cent!

Meredith W.

Great Cloud based boarding, grooming & daycare database

Reviewed on 2016/12/07

PetExec is accessible from any device, the customer support is wonderful and they're always open to new ideas.

Pros

Accessibility from any device and regular updates. The software we used before was initially very costly, they charged for updates and when our computers went down we lost access to our database. Never having to worry about that again is priceless.

Cons

There are some things we'd really like to see changed, we wish it was a little more customizable for our business and we'd like to see improvements in the grooming area.

Marsha J.

From day one, PetExec has been there for me and ensured that my experience was all it could be.

Reviewed on 2017/12/12

I do need to integrate with Quickbooks, but through no fault of PetExec, have not taken time to do so. I wish PetExec would just offer what Quickbooks does within the one program.

Pros

Simplifies everything. Life-saver! Without PetExec I would need a highly paid employee or two. I log on from my phone while in bed at night and early morning to schedule last minute client requests. I check my volume numbers from year to year, month to month, week to week and even daily comparisons. I love watching my company's growth.

Leanne A.

Pet Exec Review

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

Great - very helpful when we have a question

Pros

Easy to use, very easy for staff to understand

Cons

A little cumbersome in places, very suited to American market (language, terminology) and could be a little more suited to the country that is using it.

Response from PetExec

Hi Leanne,
Thanks so much for your review and for being an amazing packmate of ours! We appreciate your feedback. We do always strive to incorporate your comments so if you have submitted a Feature Request, we have reviewed it and do always, when feasable, make changes.

Nicole T.

Best Software Around

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

I have loved being able to access the program from wherever I am. Also, the customer service has always been easy to deal with.

Pros

This software is very user friendly. There are many features that as an owner I enjoy having access to.

Cons

This software is not set up for open play style of boarding but it was easy to find a work around for that. Also, there are a few features that my old program had that we still miss on this program (another work around situation).

Michelle J.
  • Industry: Farming

Pet Exec

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

Good experience overall. Nice customer service and most everyone is knowledgeable

Pros

Was easy to get installed, price is right,. I like most of all the features however, it needs more simplicity

Cons

The simplicity of maneuvering around the software needs to be upgraded for ease.

Response from PetExec

Hi Michelle! We appreciate your review of PetExec! Thank you for being one of our valued packmates. We are constantly working to make the system efficient and still include the important information that our packmates need to manage their busy daycare, boarding, grooming facilities. Our desire is to provide the best customer service in the industry!

Erin F.

Great System

Reviewed on 2017/12/06

Helps keep my fur clients organized, and it is relatively ease to learn and use.

Pros

Most all the information I need about a pet, and their cart, is accessible on the home page (when a dog is signed in)

Cons

Some of the redundancy in the steps needed to preform certain actions. For example: booking a reservation, then going to a separate page to check them in, then going to a separate page to sign them in for daycare.