Sales enablement and sales automation platform

4,6
4,4
4,6
4,5
4,7
Zee G.
Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Make your emails reach your customers

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

We use Reply.io for following up our website leads. We have tried several instruments (SendGrid, MailChimp, HubSpot emails) before switching to Reply.io and so far it was the best instrument. Our response rate has increased by almost 10% due to Reply.io.

Pros

- because there is not a lot of HTML involved in the formatting of the email, the letters get directly into the inbox (unlike Promotions or Spam), which is the main benefit of this emailing instrument.
- it's convenient to create email chains and track notifications and responses.
- there are team plans for collaboration and you can see the activity of your colleagues, which helps a lot when you need to create statistics for the marketing department.

Cons

- the absence of the HTML formatting is both a blessing and a curse. It is hard to highlight things in the email sometimes, but it pays off well.

Industry: Public Policy

Game changer for outbound marketing

Reviewed on 2017/10/27

Pros

TL,DR = 10/10

Huge time saver

Good safeguards in place - the system does a good job at preventing you from having a contact be in multiple campaigns, excludes invalid emails (see below), etc

Awesome customer success team

Value added integrations - the built-in email validation add-on function has saved us a ton of time (note small extra cost at a competitive rate to other validation solutions). Reply integrates well with our CRM too

Flexible to add/delete different email addresses

Roadmap: Product has improved in year we've been using it (example: Outbox report on schedule/# of emails being sent in future)

Cons

Very little dislikes at all.

Maybe some small tweak to the UX or some reports I only look at infrequently....but definitely nothing material.

Industry: Real Estate

Painful and unusable

Reviewed on 2019/07/09

Honestly, we are looking for a new vendor for this service, and would recommend anyone looking for this type of service to find another one. I never write reviews for anything, and my experience with Reply has finally pushed me to be angry enough to do so.

Pros

The price of the software is reasonable.

Cons

There are so many areas in this software where something that should be easy to do ends up taking five times longer than it should. Whether it's loading data, managing people and campaigns, or logging responses you can expect a lengthy, annoying and confusing process based on an architecture that must have been devised by Byzantine Kafka enthusiasts.

When you reach out to support they are prompt in responding, but totally unhelpful. They mainly just point out what you've usually already figured out by then - that the only way you are going to get the very reasonable thing you are trying to do done is going to be incredibly time consuming, and draining.

My favorite (said sarcastically) support guy there is one who, after telling you that you will spend the next three hours updating contacts one-by-one because the system is incompetently built, will then send you silly thumbs up gifs. Now, I enjoy a good gif as much as the next guy, but there is a time and place, and sending a funny gif to someone you've just doomed to several hours of inane data entry is next-level tone deaf.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Taras T.

Cool stuff for cold email outreach

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Pros

Easy and intuitive design;
No worries about getting to spam lists;
It's not ESP - it's just a tool that automates your sales process
Great support

Cons

For early stages price pretty high. But it`s shouldn't be Reply`s problem )
Sometimes there are prospects in my list with passing variables. Reply stops such campaigns. I wish it stops only those incomplete leads. Because it's not an issue to search them in the whole pack without any filter

Gustavo M.

I couldn't do my job without it!

Reviewed on 2017/10/18

Pros

I like how easy it is to use for all my email campaigns. It works great for both cold-email prospecting campaigns and for post-call follow-up reminders. It provides me with a constant flow of leads and produces real results for our sales team. I use the metrics to focus on prospects who are engaging with my emails. I also use the tasks to convert more leads.

Cons

Better duplicate name recognition because I sometimes add prospects twice. Everything else is great!

Zee G.

Perfect for Email Follow-ups

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

It helps us (both Marketing and Sales departments) to reach our goals and communicate with hot leads who leave a message on our website that they'd like to be contacted by us. Since there are too many leads at times, we can't leave some behind, but personal emails to each one take too much time. Therefore, Reply saves us.

Pros

It's one of the best and easiest tools I've seen/used for follow-up emails that END UP IN THE INBOX (not in Spam, Promotions, or elsewhere) :) Besides the fact that it qualifies as actual email, the usability is on the highest level and therefore it's a very convenient product to use.

Cons

The emails don't allow many formatting options, but if that means that the email goes to my client's or lead's Inbox, I'm okay with plain text emails.

Rocky K.

I used Reply.io for a Reactivation campaign that was very successful

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

The ability to mass-send emails as if they were custom emails is fantastic. I recommend this to all my clients.

Pros

In my company, we had about 2500 leads that were warm leads but failed to covert. We used Reply.io to email them personally and pull them into a sales call.

The open rate/reply rate was incredible. Reply.io made it super easy to email these warm leads as if it was a direct email.

Cons

Because I had a very specific timing for this reactivation campaign, I had to a lot of math/grouping prior to importing them into reply.io.

Reply.io is a very clean-looking and slick system. But I was still having trouble figuring things out.

Tyson Y.
Industry: Automotive

Very simple and incredibly powerful.

Reviewed on 2018/01/21

Quick feedback from leads. Time saving. Cost saving. Highly recommend for mass (yet targeted) email.

Pros

The time it would have taken to manually send those emails, monitor responses and quickly engage with customers would have been unrealistic (if possible at all).

The customer support is absolutely outstanding.

Cons

There were times when the onboarding or prompting could have been better. If an upload of data failed it didn't say for what reason (e.g data wasn't what it expected in certain rows). So this required a little trial and error to get sorted but again, customer support stepped in to help out. Once that was sorted, smooth sailing.

Erwin M.
Industry: Capital Markets

Reply is the marketing suite most businesses need but don't know exist

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/09/29

Reply provides a very pleasant user experience, I highly recommend giving it a try.

Pros

Comprehensive feature set for efficient outbound and inbound marketing automation. Great support round the clock.

Cons

Nothing, I really appreciate that they're constantly improving the software and adding features that are actually useful.

Austin W.

Best tool for sending cold emails and improve conversion rates

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Insane open-rates, insane response-rates. It turned email outreach into a valid leadgen channel, which I didn't expect.

Pros

Every email you send is personalized. Every campaign you create has analytics data you can use to improve the campaign. Emails are sent automatically and camapigns don't require any manual actions up until you get a reply.

Cons

Nothing major.
Connecting to some 3rd pary mail servers is more complicated than it should be, but it's not an issue.

Ratko I.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Made my outreach a walk in the park!

Reviewed on 2016/07/15

I came in contact with Reply as I was looking for a tool to streamline and optimise my sales outreach. We don't do mass cold mailing, rather research each lead and personalise the emails. And we personalise the follow-ups if they don't respond right away. We personalise them using a template, so we can do mail merge when we send emails (a bit more complex than usual, but it still works). The ideal tool would have the options of a simple CRM, with personalisation lines, a way to send emails and to automate follow-up emails. The reason we chose Reply, and why I'm quite happy with it, because it has all of the features I required + multi-variate testing and most importantly, a great way to do reporting (I love they have a way to qualify the leads as well based on their responses, quite good when you're analysing the results). Customer support is quite responsive and they were quite interested in discussing some probable new features, which I quite like. The pricing is a bit high for a low amount of emails, but as we focus more on qualifying the cold leads, it wasn't an issue on my end. For mass mailers on huge lists, it may be. But again, this isn't a tool for spammers, rather for those that want to do smart outreach. To put some proof in it, we had a 55% average open rate for our cold emails, and a 40% reply rate. Which is quite high for cold campaigns.

Pros

It's easy to setup, easy to use, easy to customise each email and you can get a small preview of how it looks. And the automation part is quite powerful with reporting as well as lead qualification. I liked those parts the most + you can test some variations for every email in the journey. I would say they encompassed all the features for a simple and a complicated users (the most essential, valuable ones, at least)

Cons

It's hard to organise lists, and list management is a bit strange. Pricing is high per number of contacts, although it didn't bother me as we sent it to smaller lists.

Mitchell P.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Want to 10x your sales efforts? Use this app!

Reviewed on 2016/07/06

We started using Reply a few weeks ago and the ROI is obvious. $70 for 1000 contacts and we DOUBLED our monthly sales. The app is fairly intuitive and can be learned quickly. The support team is really responsive for any questions that do arise. It's been an awesome experience so far and we're looking forward to buying more contacts as our sales team scales. However, we haven't had the need to scale yet because Reply allows each member of the team to 10x their efforts!

Pros

Increase your productivity: set your campaign and forget it. Add bulk contacts or add contacts as you need. You can send 10 emails with the effort of sending 1. Does away with manual data entry tasks (a godsend for any sales rep using antiquated CRM software!)

Simple to use. Easy to build campaigns and add contacts to them. Very helpful for sending targeted messaging to prospects.

It just works. Emails look slick and they're completely personalized.

Zapier integrations work really well. For example, you can set a Zap to stop sending emails to a prospect when they 'close' in your CRM, ensuring there is no overlap in communication.

Cons

Just some design/aesthetic things that could use improvement. For example, the ability to archive campaigns or collapse folders. However, they are working on design improvements. The design improvements have no impact on app functionality, it works incredibly well.

Response from Reply

Thank you!

Industry: Internet

Reply is a great tool with a host of features

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Pros

The best thing about Reply is how many features it has. From A/B testing emails to swapping between plain text or linked opt-outs, it has pretty much everything you could ask for. A few of the top features:

-Delivery based on prospect's time zone
-A/B testing
-Advanced statistics and reporting
-Email throttling limits (i.e., sending amounts and time between each email being sent)
-Super fast responses from the support team

Cons

Reply can be difficult to get started with. Especially when compared with other sending softwares, the number of features can be overwhelming. I would recommend Reply for anyone who really wants to dive into the world of email marketing, but for newcomers, I would suggest other options.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Jay F.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great email productivity tool for outbound sales

Reviewed on 2016/07/07

This product fits all of my requirements. I've tried many of their competitors and have yet to find an app as well rounded and that has a good UI like Reply.

Pros

Intuitive and responsive UI. Great support. All the features you need for automated email campaigns. Integrations to major CRMs which allows further automation and seamless overview of stats and managing campaign subscriptions based on user input or marketing automation in CRM (ie, prospect downloads an ebook - sequence in Salesforce changes the lead scoring as a result, Reply app can automatically remove them from a sequence). Reply tracking on steroids; they not only remove someone from a drip when they reply but can detect whether the reply is an indication of interest, a request to follow up at a later time, and out of office, a forward to a colleague, etc. Good and easy reporting. A/B testing. Auto-detection of prospect's timezone based on State/Country

Cons

They don't support html for "format" intensive marketing email....pretty much the only thing I'd like to be able to do with Reply that I cannot at the moment.

Response from Reply

Hi Jay,
Great review! Thanks!

Reply has a huge functionality for its money but also number of bugs.

Reviewed on 2017/12/18

New clients!

Pros

Huge functionality is definitely a plus. You could configure emails at any stage and compare to any companies in a market they offer a lot more for the same value.
Also, they have the best support I have ever experienced in SaaS. I wrote to them at 8 am and 10 pm and always reply time was less than 3 minutes, and information that they provided was sufficient.

Cons

Bugs, server outages, website slowness.
Reply team add a huge amount of new functions to their app, but they don't test it properly sometimes that creates a number of bugs.
Also, their website is slowly sometimes and we faced some database issues when Reply faced a server migration. This is not something that is good on Prod server :(

Daniel P.

Great SDR Platform!

Reviewed on 2016/07/11

We've been looking for a way to improve our pipeline development and needed an automated email platform to help us develop our SDR (Sales Development Resource) strategy. We have a small team of sales representatives and they focus primarily on building and deepening existing relationships, as well as closing open deals. So new relationships are hard for them to create.

Reply has allowed us to keep our team the same size, and build an SDR role, that uses Reply to start new relationships for our sales representatives. Its been an improvement in pipeline without increasing overhead.

Pros

The ability to assume any team members' account to create drips, add people to current campaigns, and view statistics without the need for that member to log in. Second, the platform's ability to recognize when a person is already part of a drip and blocking duplicate sends is great! Third, the Zapier intergrations make using Reply automated and even more valuable.

Cons

Lack of full campaign sharing between team members. Right now we are able to share individual email templates into team/public shared categories. That then requires each team member to build a campaign from scratch, even if its the exact same as another team member.

The crm is a bit lacking in filtering capabilities and segmentation. The most visible filtering option is to filter by upload file name, which is cool, but being able to categorize and group people by custom fields that we create within the platform would be much more valuable and useful.

Response from Reply

Hi Daniel, thanks for the review!

João N.

Awesome service, awesome support

Reviewed on 2016/09/16

I started using Reply around 4 months ago to manage cold sales emails. It is the main tool I use not only to monitor the whole activity but also to improve our process. The statistics interface is so simple yet so rich in information, that we can easily look at it and understand the bottlenecks of our process and what we need to improve. Moreover it is very easy to use, with a very intuitive interface and a very nice flow. In the rare occasions when I was in trouble using it, the people behind live chat support didn't take more than 10 minutes to answer my questions! Customer support and client success divisions are not worried if you renew your subscription or not, they just want you to succeed, and help you do that!

Pros

Everything is awesome. I especially love their customer support and client success divisions. Great people, always willing to help when we need. Learning curve is perfect!

Cons

Some minor features are still missing, but I'm a very demanding client. For example everytime you upload contacts and some of the contacts are skipped, the app should notify why.

Lawrence B.

Reply is one the best tools for marketing I've ever used.

Reviewed on 2017/10/25

Pros

The software has all the functionality needed to run great outreach campaigns. New features are constantly being added to improve the campaigns and results. The support is absolutely amazing - my questions are answered within 2-3 minutes at most and the support team are extremely knowledgeable. I use the software daily and it really helps me get my job done quicker and easier. 10/10

Ryan P.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great Email CRM and Automation Tool

Reviewed on 2018/01/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This product has helped me 10x my outreach by automating and organizing my email campaigns to go out. Before this tool I was using a clunky excel doc and gmail plugin

Cons

It can be buggy at times but customer service to great to help with this. Don't really have any other cons as the customization is amazing and haven't found anything I need that it can't do.

Industry: Computer Software

I've been loving this app

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/10/31

- Personal messages to leads.
- Open and click tracking
- A/B testing subject lines and email body content
- Staggered send times for testing and tracking
- Campaign reports
- Custom emails schedules
- Multiple campaigns can be live at once

Pros

I've generated a lot of business using this application. It's kind of my software MVP. I've also really enjoyed the customer service - the team here is responsive, kind/patient, and knowledgeable.

Cons

No cons at this time. I might like it if I did not have a limit on how many emails I can send, but that would cost a bit more, so that's more an issue with my own budget than the system - this thing has paid for itself multiple times over., so I really should just allocate more money towards it to increase my limit.

Industry: Wholesale

1-1 Email Automation Tool

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Overall, a great expericen with reply, a solid software to help you engage email at scale

Pros

very easy to use
competitive pricing
24/7 support that always answers questions
personable sales staff that helps secure the correct plan for you

Cons

The only thing this software was lacking is the ability to easily sort and classify contacts by email campaign.

Ovanes O.

Excellent software, amazing support

Reviewed on 2017/12/21

Pros

The service and the way it works is very good. Support is always lightning fast and very helpful. Maybe the best support I have ever experienced.

Cons

A slightly better user experience and tool tip will make the experience much better. Sometimes it is not very clear how exactly things work. But this has significantly improved recently.

Al C.

Top Notch Customer Service

Reviewed on 2015/08/24

Since I just started replyapp.io just a few days ago, I cannot evaluate results from its automated marketing program, although my first test worked great. This review is about their top notch customer service, of which I was in need during my test set-up.

During the set-up of my first campaign, I was unable to open the log-in page after signing in. I was in desperate need for help, since I wanted to get my campaign started right away. After having most of a Friday with no accessibility to the website and no solution, I got in touch directly with the owner, Oleg, who responded immediately. After sending him the source code for the unresponsive web page, he replied with an answer and solution by very early Saturday morning. Although he stated that it would probably be Monday before he might have a solution due to the upcoming weekend, I woke up the next day with an email from Oleg stating that his developer found the error and source of my problem. I was able to access the website right away.

After being a brand new customer for just over a day into my free trial period, I felt like Oleg and his team made me feel like their most important customer. Not every company does this, and I commend replyapp.io for doing so. I will recommend replyapp.io to anyone and look forward to using their system in my recruiting efforts.

Gan K.
Industry: Consumer Services

Awesome email automation tool

Reviewed on 2016/08/04

Was easy to adopt this tool and the dashboard was powerful to track and monitor campaigns. With the correct template and steps both open rate and reply rate are high.

Pros

Easy to learn and use.
Very strong dashboard and friendly user interface.
Allows replying email over dashboard

Cons

Only import excel csv .
At times page takes a while to refresh I.e cant display all imported names at one go.

Anthony P.
Industry: Capital Markets

The Best Product and Service Provider I've worked with PERIOD!!!

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

Exceptional. Their support is the best of any company I've worked with. They really are a partner for my small business.

Pros

It does exactly what I need. Help me get in front of people, consistently.

Cons

I don't have anything negative I could say about their product or service.