Klaviyo

Ashish
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Excellent choice

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Excellent. Their team is also super supportive and quick to respond with guidance. Would recommend Klaviyo.

Pros

Before choosing Klaviyo for our e-commerce business, we had done an extensive search of email marketing providers. Klaviyo seemed to have a differentiated set of features that allows more extensive analytics and data on email performance vs other providers. We've found this performance data to be extremely useful in determining what emails are/aren't working and in performing A/B testing. I would highly recommend Klaviyo for e-commerce companies

Cons

Klaviyo still doesn't have all the features that we'd love to see but they are continuously evolving and launching new tools. For example, their pop-up creation tool is very basic so one typically needs a 3rd party tool to manage pop-ups/forms.

Jisselle
Jisselle
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Klaviyo is so easy to use, segment, perform A/B tests and for reporting!

Reviewed on 2022/06/02

I love using Klaviyo. I actually converted after using Omnisend for a few years. I've also used HubSpot and MailChimp, but Klaviyo beats them all. It's incredibly user-friendly, especially for design!

Pros

I love the subject line automation, the most. I also love how easy it is to segment, how you can create desktop and mobile versions of emails, and how I can see all of the email campaign metrics in real-time.

Cons

It can stall sometimes when I'm trying to edit the content. The text box can be glitchy and require refreshing.

Brevo

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

Klaviyo was more user-friendly, and easier to do A/B tests.

Omnisend

Seemed more streamlined!
Dayle
Dayle
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great product... with problems.

Reviewed on 2019/12/26

Being a developer myself, I informed the Klaviyo team of the deprecated code errors their plugin was displaying on peoples websites, and to the fact that their plugin slowed customers websites down drastically. The reply I received a couple of days later was:

"Unfortunately we do not update our plugin very often - but our team will get around to it eventually."

This was 2 years ago, and the plugin still has not been corrected. So it still produces errors, and still slows peoples websites down.

Pros

Klaviyo is extremely easy to setup, especially compared to its competitors.

You have the freedom to link Klaviyo with your Wordpress/WooCommerce website seamlessly.

Everything can be automated! Such as emails after order received, emails after payment received, multiple emails after certain time duration's for things like newsletter subscriptions and a lot more options are available to include users website Wishlists, items they left in their shopping carts to remind them, and all emails are fully customisation using the Klaviyo's inbuilt email form designer.

You can also arrange customer lists, newsletter subscription user lists, and any other lists you may require. The possibilities are endless!

Cons

Using Klaviyo on your Wordpress website as subscription signup form slows your website down, a lot!

Although unnoticeable to customers surfing your site, Klaviyo also throws a few error on your page as it uses deprecated (out-dated) code.

If the Klaviyo form builder doesn't produce the look/type of form you require, then you must build the form yourself by coding direct on your website (Which beats the point of having a form builder).

The Klaviyo plugin does not update, and never announces that there is a new version. You must remove the plugin from your website, manually download the latest version from their website, and then upload/install/activate the new plugin.

There is no option to change languages or string translations of forms, form input boxes, or form buttons. And these translations cannot be picked up in Wordpress plugins such as Lingotek or Polylang. The same applies to the confirmation pages after the user submits the forms.

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

I signed up to Klaviyo as a trial to experience another software other than my current software. So I had some sort of comparison, and to see if there were any additional features. Which I can confirm there are a lot more options, features, and ease of use with Klaviyo.

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

I made the switch from MailChimp to Klaviyo after a trial basis of Klaviyo and finding there is more I was able to do and accomplish. However, I later reverted back to using MailChimp as I did not want the errors on my pages that Klaviyo provides, and I did not want to radically decrease the loads speed of pages for my customers. People lose interest quick while waiting for a page to load, page load speeds mean EVERYTHING! So the choice I had was less email features or lose customers. I chose less email features.
Hiral
Hiral

One of the Best Solutions for Internet Retail

Reviewed on 2023/06/05

Pros

Very easy-to-use platform, You can setup multiple types of automation campaigns specific to your type of retail. Abandoned Carts etc.

Cons

The pricing model is per store or site, We own about 6 different brands so not able to use sends between brands so have to be very selective of the plans required. Also, there was an auto plan where it automatically removes users that have unsubscribed and lowers the plan tiers.

SendGrid

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

The automated email campaigns were a major reason for choosing Klaviyo vs other platforms, other platforms too have those features but Klaviyo seems way more refined and geared towards Internet Retail.
Benjamin
Benjamin
  • Industry: Photography

A powerful platform for email marketing.

Reviewed on 2023/07/11

Overall I've been very happy with Klaviyo and appreciate its focus on email marketing and SMS rather than trying to be the tool for everything.

Pros

I use Klaviyo for my email newsletter. It's been a smooth process overall. I've had no issues importing and managing lists and contacts and have been happy with its design capabilities, deliverability, and analytics.

Cons

As my list grows, I'm a little weary of the pricing for larger audiences, but that is only an issue I see down the line.

HubSpot Marketing Hub and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

Mailchimp had gotten a little clunky with its growth, and I was having some delivery issues. I felt it was time to try something new.

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

I liked Klaviyo 's focus on email and SMS and felt like its design tools & analytics fit my needs well.
Siddharth
Siddharth

The Only Email Marketing Software I Needed For Ecommerce Business

Reviewed on 2022/05/09

Pros

1. Very easy to setup the account
2. Amazing flow templates
3. High quality email templates library
4. Top level of analytics
5. Site tracking with all events
6. Customer Journey

Cons

1. Email reply tracking feature is missing

Charles
Charles

Very good email software for ecommerce

Reviewed on 2021/09/24

I'm very happy with Klaviyo, though I sometimes wonder if there's a cheaper and equally as good option. I haven't found one.

Pros

I like how detailed the email flows can get, and that you can customize the integration to get the exact flow you are after.

Cons

It's not exactly cheap and it's priced on the high end.

Constant Contact, Brevo and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

It's built for e-commerce and it's one of the best email marketing platforms out there.
Michael
Michael
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Klaviyo - great software for a small business to manage email marketing

Reviewed on 2023/02/13

My overall experience with Klaviyo has been very positive. Would highly recommend.

Pros

Full-featured, intuitive, easy-to-use. Pricing model allows for small businesses to start using software and grow gradually. Easily integrated with my e-commerce platform, Shopify.

Cons

So far, I have not experienced any problems with Klaviyo. I do worry that as my mailing list increases in size, that the software will become too expensive.

Caitlin
Caitlin

This is THE best ESP for e-commerce and beyond

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

I can't say enough good things about Klaviyo

I can't say enough good things about Klaviyo

Pros

If you're looking for a powerful, intuitive, and revenue-driving email service provider, go with Klaviyo. It has tons of features, but is easy to learn, even for a beginner. And, their support team is awesome. From creating flows to segmenting your list, Klaviyo can do it all.

Cons

No complaints! Some features are a bit confusing, but that's to be expected with that level of power.

Solomon
Solomon

Klaviyo - best for ecommerce businesses

Reviewed on 2021/09/03

Amazing, would recommend for all ecommerce businesses, great amount of integrations as well

Pros

Klaviyo has exceptional segmentation capabilities that have allowed us to target subparts of our customer base granularly, which has produced a higher ROI for us

Cons

Unable to customize the line and paragraphing space except via HTML

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

Had superior branding for ecommerce over Mailchimp
Arthur

Best CRM for ecommerce, Worst for Customer Support

Reviewed on 2020/01/03

With no phone support and 30 - 40 minute wait times for chat support and 24 hour response times for email support and no support on weekends, this makes Klaviyo's customer support the absolute worst I have ever seen. Maybe it's due to their growing pains. Their support staff are a mixed bag in terms of knowledge and being helpful and while that's not the norm for most SASS companies, I think that's pretty common across most CRM companies.

Pros

Fairly easy to learn for such powerful software
Integration with Facebook
Their native integrations and Not having to use Zapier for a lot of my integrations.

Cons

There is almost nothing to not like about this software but to learn it, you need to learn Klaviyo speak.
If I had to pick one thing it would be some of the finicky ways in which the email builder acts when dragging in a new widget or row and trying to position it.

Luke
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Klaviyo Review - Best platform for online marketing

Reviewed on 2021/09/27

My overall experience with Klaviyo has been extremely positive as it has allowed me to build better relationships with my target audience. I have faced very few issues with the platform and it is very easy to use, meaning that I was able to send campaigns quickly after I first started using it. I would highly recommend Klaviyo to anyone who wants to get started with online marketing and those with online stores on Shopify as you integrate the two, to boost customer loyalty and increase repeat business.

Pros

The best features of this platform include the ability to design and save your own personalised email templates that you can send to your customers in an email campaign, I have access to email templates provided by Klaviyo and the option of designing my own from scratch. This has been very useful as it allows for each email to appear professional in its aesthetics and layout. Furthermore, you can create a list of all your contacts and then create segments to send campaigns to a group of those contacts who meet specific criteria. This means I have been able to send emails to those who only certain campaigns apply to, without having to send it to all of my consumers, which stops people from unsubscribing from my mailing list and prevents emails from entering spam folders. The 'Smart send' option also stops emails from being sent to those who have received them in the last 24 hours, to also stop spam emails from being received by my customers. Perhaps the most useful feature provided is the 'Analytics' feature, which lets you view how each campaign is performing, as it provides accurate information on how many emails have been received and who has opened them. This allows me to measure the success of each campaign and helps me to improve the reach of my future campaigns.

Cons

I would like Klaviyo to let more information to be stored on each contact such as the company they work for, a 'notes' feature would be very useful which could allow you to enter extra details about the customer, as this is currently not an option. Also I would like the option of being able to search for an individual and then add them to another (new) list/segment, so that when I need to email a small number of specific clients, I can do this without having to email them individually. As well as this a more powerful search engine on the website when searching for specific customers would be incredibly helpful. These are the main limitations that the platform currently has in my opinion and if these were amended, it would be even easier to use.

Pelle
  • Industry: Building Materials

Great software that we use for multiple purposes

Reviewed on 2023/03/10

Pros

Good for analyzing first part data.Pretty good integration system with e.g. Shopify, Facebook etc.

Cons

Css editor is okay but would need additional software or programming skills to make high class emails.

Omnisend and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

Better automation features, better integrations with commerce platforms.

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

Pricing and it suited better for our mid-sized company.
Douglas

The best email management system

Reviewed on 2022/08/20

I have no complaints with Klaviyo. It's a great system I use everyday.

I have no complaints with Klaviyo. It's a great system I use everyday.

Pros

Klaviyo is the best Ecommerce email platform. It's the place for your lifetime value and segmentation strategy. And the customer service is second to none. It has so many features, and can do anything you need.

Cons

It's expensive, so if you're looking for something cheap, look elsewhere. Since it's also tiered, you should have a minimum number of subscribers and revenue per month to make it worth it.

Chris
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Never going back to anything else but Klaviyo

Reviewed on 2020/06/29

Pros

The integration with Shopify Stores and the ease of building flows makes this a game changer. Additionally the bulk discount code builder gives Shopify functionality outside of Shopify that makes "one less app" for my store. Finally the native Form Builder in Klaviyo is very easy to use.

Cons

I wish one Klaviyo Account could connect to multiple Shopify Stores, this causes some problems for our operations. Additionally I wish building segments was faster, some advanced segments take very long to build.

Easy to set-up tool - all-in-one marketing ecosystem that can be scaled

Reviewed on 2023/10/07

Very positive as we can also tap into a great network of freelancers / talent that knows the tool / ecosystem to answer any questions or execute specific projects for us.

Pros

Easy of set-up stands out the most as we've used and set-up many tools for ourselves and our clients. Additionally, we love that the customer data platform is built in so that we have a vertically integrated one stp shop to analyze our customer or client's data at scale!

Cons

It can be challenging for our junior marketing analysts to implement APIs and end-to-end campaigns, so we have to hire our freelancers / talent. So it is easy to set-up but to scale you most likely need to hire in some expertise on a hourly basis.

ActiveCampaign, GetResponse and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

Better reporting functionalities than our previous tool activecampaign

ActiveCampaign

Their customer data platform
Cristian
Cristian

Very good at its job

Reviewed on 2023/04/07

Pros

It's software that is very easy to use once you get the hang of it. The flow management, template builder works very well. I would say that if you have an e-commerce store, Klaviyo is one of those key software to have. A/B testing also works very well. The newsletter forms also. Overall I had a great experience with this.

Cons

The price is the worst part of it, for sure. And this is something that they would need to reconsider as someone who is starting out cannot use their services from the start. Someone starting out will go to another software, get used to that one, and even if they want to make the switch to Klaviyo after a while, it's not easy and they will stay with that worse software for a long time.

MailerLite

Kyle
Kyle
  • Industry: Publishing

A good, full-featured enterprise ESP solution

Reviewed on 2021/03/04

Overall, the experience has been great. I think they hype some of the buyer indicators and data collection, which is fine but nothing special, but it's a great email platform.

Pros

The IP warming and migration process was very smooth with no hiccups. The Klaviyo team are experts and it shows. We felt confident in their ability to successfully transition ESP platforms. The product itself is quite good and does everything you would expect it to.

Cons

Like all ESPs, it has it's own unique idiosyncrasies. No deal breakers, but some of the functions can be a bit clunky.

Zapier

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

More developed features out of beta
Michele

Great platform but poor CS

Reviewed on 2022/04/07

The platform itself is great. The level of service from our Customer Success rep is awful. It's like crickets when you try and contact them for an issue. So our team usually contacts both Support and our CS rep. And most of the time Support replies first. You would think a dedicated CS rep who provide a level of service that you'd want to recommend to others. Instead, we never know when we'll hear from our rep. We cross our fingers that Support can answer our questions. I think that's ridiculous. Klaviyo needs to improve this most definitely.

Pros

Klaviyo integrates very easily with so many platforms. It's easy to use and has great segmentation tools.

Cons

SMS is not great. They recently rebranded which completely throws me off with their new color choice. I almost felt like the rebrand was a way to cover up a whole lot of changes that they didn't want people to notice.

Omnisend, Mailchimp and Listrak

Excellent modern ESP platform

Reviewed on 2022/11/17

Pros

Ability to create more personalized emails based on how user is interacting with our website and purchase history. Great integrations with many eCommerce platforms.

Cons

If you are using a custom ecommerce platform with Java or .Net, there are no SDK's available for the integrations. The documentation for their REST API's is confusing. Ability to create and manage transactional email templates is clunky.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Abdellatif
Abdellatif

Definitely worth the money

Reviewed on 2022/05/25

Generally, I strongly suggest Klaviyo as an email showcasing and mechanization stage. The product's dashboard and following techniques are exceptionally clear, and assisted us with effectively checking development in email commitment/deals month-over-month.

Pros

Klaviyo is the highest quality level in eCommerce email and SMS promoting on purpose. It fills in as a focal center point for all your client information and is the essential structure block for serious areas of strength for an and CLV methodology. It's incredibly strong with heaps of highlights to fit your advertising to your particular business case. I've additionally been extremely satisfied with Klaviyo's client assistance and instructive assets.

Cons

Can we just be real - this isn't the least expensive email programming out there. For little eComm organizations that are simply beginning, it probably isn't the most ideal choice. The cost isn't legitimate except if you have a nice estimated rundown and traffic on your site. It's likewise intricate so there's a smidgen of an expectation to learn and adapt.

Erin

So Easy To Use!

Reviewed on 2020/01/12

My experience with Klaviyo has been great overall. We've seen positive changes to our account since implementation and appreciate how easy it is to use.

Pros

It's extremely user-friendly, allowing you to regularly test, create your own CTAs, uploaded photos, drag and drop graphic elements, etc. Perfect for a team with zero coding experience. Side Note: Their customer support is top-notch.

Cons

Aside from being very user-friendly on most fronts, building out email flows is a different story. This tends to be a time consuming process that is not as straightforward as it could be.

Listrak
Matthew

One of the Best ESPs

Reviewed on 2021/07/29

Klaviyo has been my rock when doing email marketing of any kind.

Klaviyo has been my rock when doing email marketing of any kind.

Pros

It's easy to set things up be that your segments, your campaign emails, automation, or follow through with other programs.

Cons

Wouldn't work with Yahoo Small Business. It would also sometimes throw junk HTML into my emails for no reason.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Brevo and Mailjet

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

We needed a better tool.

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

A combination of price and competence.
Daniel

Best E-come Email Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

Pros

Love Klaviyo. I've tried a few different email softwares in the past, including Mailchimp and GetResponse. Both of those softwares were a let down and didn't allow for the customization and integratino that I was looking for.

Klaviyo has an AMAZING integration with Shopify. Makes my life so much easier. It also integrates with FB ads, which is a huge plus.

Creating flows in Klaviyo is very simple, I have been able to create sophisticated flows with minimal stress and effort.

Cons

The only con I was going to mention was lack of a visual email flow tool, but they added that in the past 6 months, so I'm kind of stumped. It's a great tool. The only bad thing about it may be that it's more expensive, but I find it to be worth the cost.

GetResponse and Mailchimp
Alex

Best Email Marketing Platform! Downside? Customer Support

Reviewed on 2022/01/30

I will keep using the platform until I find a more, stable and overall powerful email marketing software.

Pros

User segmentation and event tracking & triggering in Klaviyo have no comparison. The platform allows infinite customisation in email flows and campaigns.

Cons

I've used Klaviyo for 5+ years now and their customer support is getting slower and more unhelpful every day. Klaviyo seems to have shifted their focus to new features development, without making sure the existing ones work a they should. Results of this? Their customer's enquiries/support tickets increase every day and the quality of the support is hitting zero.

As a business owner myself, digital marketing specialist and member of two web agencies I can tell you that if you have a problem with Klaviyo today, you're alone and need to work out a solution yourself.