Klaviyo

Growth marketing platform powering personalized experiences

Meghan W.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

My favorite marketing tool

Reviewed on 2020/12/14

Klaviyo has helped us build our email marketing and is one of my favorite marketing tools/platforms that I use on a daily basis.

Pros

I love pretty much everything about Klaviyo - from the visual/block email builder to the segmentation and automated flows, Klaviyo has helped us level up our email marketing in the past year from zero to thriving. I find it easy to work with on a team and with outside content creators and have gotten so much out of the Klaviyo Live From Your Laptop and Black Friday Bootcamp live webinar series they've run this year.

Cons

My only complaint thus far would be that saved blocks do not update across emails when you make changes (so if you change something in the block you have to go into every email where it is and manually update it to the newest version of the block) - but I have been told this is something that's being worked on.

I will also say that we have gotten much more metrics and ROI out of the platform once we switched our ecommerce over to Shopify (we previously used WooCommerce for which there was integration but not as seamless, and from Webflow for which there were no integrations). Everything about the platform just works so much better with Shopify from the product blocks to the automated flow triggers and we've seen a lot more value in the platform with this integration reaching its fullest potential.

Ashish G.

Excellent choice

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Excellent. Their team is also super supportive and quick to respond with guidance. Would recommend Klaviyo.

Pros

Before choosing Klaviyo for our e-commerce business, we had done an extensive search of email marketing providers. Klaviyo seemed to have a differentiated set of features that allows more extensive analytics and data on email performance vs other providers. We've found this performance data to be extremely useful in determining what emails are/aren't working and in performing A/B testing. I would highly recommend Klaviyo for e-commerce companies

Cons

Klaviyo still doesn't have all the features that we'd love to see but they are continuously evolving and launching new tools. For example, their pop-up creation tool is very basic so one typically needs a 3rd party tool to manage pop-ups/forms.

Leonardo I.

Small Business Owner

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

I'm testing three different email marketing providers, Klaviyo, Seguno, and Mailchimp. I don't have enough prospects to leaving their free trial, but I'm getting there. And though I like Mailchimp email templates and Segunos straight-forward interface, I might choose Klaviyo in the end because they have the better intelligence and statistics that will be vital for my business growth.

Pros

Klaviyo has seamless integration with Shopify, the e-commerce platform I use to operate my business. Their dashboard is most compelling, with detailed information about customers and prospects, making strategic decisions easier to take. I also love that I can compare my performance with the industry standard. I could not find any other email marketing provider offering that level of intelligence.

Cons

Klaviyo email templates are a bit simpler than Mailchimp or Seguno, so if you want to grab your prospect's attention, it may be a little more difficult. I did notice my open rates are smaller with Klaviyo than with Mailchimp.

Andrew J.

Excellent Email Software

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Such an impressive email service and compared to a much more expensive previous system was streets ahead. Granted there are better systems but for us the flows are perfect and for the next level of email campaign marketing you would need to spend a lot more

Pros

The ease of set up and the ability to see results against the campaigns. it was up and running within 24hr and their onboarding was outstanding.

Cons

To be honest very little however some of the email creative can be a little constrained. For the price it really is very good for those on a budget and with smaller CRMs. It may become more expensive if you have a lot of addresses as you pay per email user.

Kathy P.

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

Overall, Klaviyo is what every business owner needs for their business. Every business owner I know have switched over to this platform because it's that great.

Pros

With Klaviyo it's very easy to use this software. I have tried other platforms in the past and was a little discouraged because I could not figure them out and it was too many steps, but when I found Klaviyo, it all changed. Everything just came together and I think a lot of it had to do with things being automatically set up, you just have to make your edits. For example, the flows, all you have to do is edit the information with yours and a few tweaks as to how you want it delivered and that's it.

Cons

There is nothing not to like about Klaviyo and if there is, I have yet to find it. I am a novice at email marketing and this clicked for me as soon as I logged into the platform.

Mitchell L.

Great for Intermediate Users

Reviewed on 2020/12/16

The metrics and reporting capabilities on Klaviyo are fairly real-time and make it easy to analyze campaigns once they've been launched. This has allowed me to run some great email marketing campaigns and even make sales from said emails. I will continue to recommend Klaviyo to this whose budget account for it and who want full email marketing capabilities in one nicely packaged app.

Pros

I like Klaviyo's flows the best. It's easy to learn how to trigger action-based flows from activities on your e-commerce site. Integration with Shopify is seamless, allowing me to utilize Klaviyo for my own clients that I coach in e-commerce as well. Functionality is great, because the emails are very timely and the ability to send on command is there.

Cons

Simply put, Klaviyo is too expensive and out of budget for someone looking to start their e-commerce journey. It's more expensive than a Shopify subscription, which is a little over the top.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Klaviyo is a great Email platform for E-commerce companies

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

Changing to Klaviyo was one of the best decisions we did. Our team was able to integrate with it quickly. It is very well documented. Its API allows us to also pass over information from other tools we use. My team is very happy with this platform and has no intention of moving away.

Pros

The platform is built for E-commerce. It offers out of the box integration with Shopify and other marketing platforms. The platform is easy to use and understand, but still had powerful features that can allow any customization. Its customer support team was great when we were migrating from Mailchimp. It has plugins that connect it to other tools such as Facebook, Zapier.

Cons

Some of its features can be buggy at times. I sometimes get random error messages with our Facebook implementation.

Tiffany P.

Great Email Platform!

Reviewed on 2020/03/11

We have so many automated emails set up based on actions people take on our site. It's a great tool.

Pros

Klaviyo makes it super easy to segment customers based on any number of attributes. This has been such a great feature that I can really get granular about my audience.

Cons

Like most new programs it can take a second to get used to how it all works. But once you figure that out it's great.

Kelly R.

Good for the startup

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Very easy to use, liked it!

Pros

Klaviyo is really simple to use. The interface takes some time to get used to but there's not much to it so you get the hang of it pretty quick. You can drag and drop images within the template so there's no coding required. This makes it simple for the small business that can't afford to hire a programmer.

Cons

As your company grows it becomes a little too basic. Other larger platforms offer many more features and a more professional/knowledgable staff to help with marketing strategy.

There are also times when the mobile preview does not render emails properly. For example, it will show two stacked images in the previewer but when you actually send yourself a test of the email the pieces are not stacked on mobile.

Other than that, there isn't too much that I dislike. It's just easy to grow out of.

Damon P.

Klaviyo is the only email platform I use and recommend.

Reviewed on 2017/06/01

Revenue!!

Pros

Klaviyo integrates perfectly with my clients and my own Shopify store. It is simply to use whilst having a host of powerful features to assist in generating revenue from both your lists and flows.

Cons

Support is excellent however can be a little delayed waiting for email replies. Pricing can also be hard to understand when you first start using with cost per contact.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great Email Marketing Tool For Beginners and Ecommerce

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

Overall, Klaviyo has made setting up email marketing for my ecommerce websites super simple and effective. I would recommend to anyone that has an ecommerce site and wants to easily set up flows and make beautiful emails.

Pros

Klaviyo has easy to customize templates that make your emails look beautiful and creative. You do not need to know how to code in order to customize them. The pre-built automation flows make setting email marketing super easy. I love the drag and drop feature for setting up flows. It makes it easy to visualize and plan any campaign.

Cons

You have to be a paying member for live chat support. Regardless, the customer service is still super helpful. Just be aware that if you are on the free plan, you may have to email your questions. The pro, however, is that klaviyo has a bunch of content online that you can read to answer your own questions.

Nick S.

Excellent software at a reasonable price for what is offered...

Reviewed on 2016/11/22

Klaviyo's integration is excellent as a whole. I use it with BigCommerce and while I wish there was something other than just a script integration. Something similar other Apps in BigCommerce I feel like they do pretty good job. I have been able to get very specific with my retargeting of past customers and retain MUCH more regular customers and reorders than when I used mailchimp. Well worth the extra money for the complexity of targeting. Do take your time learning how to create flows. That is where you money comes back to you for sure.

Pros

The extreme customization of flows.

Cons

No APP for integrating directly with BigCommerce. Integration with Amazon is not working right now.

Jason B.

Very Good Email Software

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Higher revenue than using smaller email services. Also was able to set up some email automation.

Pros

Klaviyo is a pretty good email automation software. They have a lot of the same functions and abilities as all of the other guys so for me it came down to price when using them. They have helped my businesses focus more on email marketing and the revenue has exploded for that part of my business ever since.

Cons

No matter how easy they make it seem, all email software is somewhat difficult to use and set up. I unfortunately did not have the time to set this up myself and depended on my team to do that. It did not go so well until I had to jump into that project. If you do not know what you are doing with email then this can be difficult to use. AKA, not a great tool for the first time user.

• Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Very nice solution but horrible pricing model.

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

Overall happy with the solution and works well, as long as the pricing model makes sense for your profile.

Pros

Very nice segmentation engine. Good API docs and functionality. Easy to get to grips with and understand.

Cons

The pricing model sucks. You need to manually deactivate list members rather than being based on email volumes. This is just a really disingenuous way to price as you get charged for that user every month even if you dont email a list member. To be fair this process is well documented but the managing it is manual (likely on purpose)!

Amazing Email Automation Options!

Reviewed on 2019/10/05

I love the flow tab on the platform. It makes it so easy for me to see how everything is set up, easy for a team member to QA, and it's easy enough to read that I can take screenshots of it and send the flows to clients to review.

Pros

I work at an agency which means that we use whatever email software system our client has. Klaviyo is my favorite system by far for one simple reason: the email automation chain aka flows. You can set up any kind of automation path with ease and I can take screenshots and send them to my clients and they can see things like "oh, we'll wait 2 days before sending the third follow up email." LOVE IT.

Cons

The only thing I struggle with is when I'm trying to build out an email template within the platform. The coding that needs to be done can take my dev team some time but it's nothing major.

Aude D.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Perfect software for email marketing

Reviewed on 2020/12/31

Pros

Easy to create campaigns and flows. Lots of integration with shopify or other software that startups commonly use. Customer service is very responsive and helpful.

Cons

SMS campaigns are way too expensive so difficult to consider this software long term.

Lauren S.

Really terrible initial experience

Reviewed on 2019/12/07

Klaviyo has only given me problems.

Pros

The email templates are great and easy to customise.

Cons

I swapped over to Klaviyo from Mail Chimp after hearing good things about them. What a mistake. I spent hours creating an important email campaign, uploaded my email list, pressed send, and then boom, my account is disabled because of a 'random compliance check'. No warning of this, and no idea if my campaign was even sent. The dashboard says 'Nice Job, you sent your first campaign' but there is no data available 24 hours later, and still no response from Klaviyo. They said it would be reviewed within 24 hours, but still crickets. I can't send it via Mail Chimp because I have no idea if it was actually sent (although I suspect not). They had no problem taking my money though and invoicing me during that time.

Alex D.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Good for email blasts!

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Great! Easy to use once you get a hold of it and easy to send out quick emails to customers. We see a lot of return on customers visiting our website from email blasts.

Pros

I like how we can select and choose which customers receive certain emails.

Cons

Learning the website can be time consuming.

Jenna S.
  • Industry: Media Production

Up and coming eCommerce email companion

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

Pros

Sets up and integrates very nicely with Shopify allowing us to send more automated mail based on past customer behavior

Cons

Price can be tough for a smaller business. Editor is note quite as good as competitors

Matt W.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Love the customization available, and solid integration with Shopify

Reviewed on 2017/05/03

This has really helped with conversions by tracking and focussing on customer behaviour.

Pros

Tracks customer behaviour in real time. Great for personalization with dynamic content tags.
Integration with Shopify is awesome!

Cons

It takes a while to get your head around some of the settings and setting it up. To make the most of it, some basic coding knowledge will help. Otherwise, I would recommend getting an expert to help with setup.

• Industry: Consumer Electronics
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Ok email automation

Reviewed on 2019/10/05

I ended up switching from this software because of the issues previously.

Pros

I liked how easy the onboarding process was and definitely like the price. The platform is also easy to use.

Cons

My biggest issue is how rudimentary the software is. API functions are weak and and the server bandwidth isn’t very much.

Devin M.

So glad we switched!

Reviewed on 2016/11/23

We were using a big name email provider for so long, then switched to Klaviyo and won't go back. Automation is where Klaviyo shines, the functionality is super robust and the integration with Lightspeed Retail is a game changer. We would recommend Klaviyo.

Pros

Lightspeed integration, automation, conversion tracking, reports, powerful.

Cons

Tech support: have to use learning resources.

Mark C.

We switched from another service to Klaviyo for our Shopify Store and are glad we did.

Reviewed on 2017/06/09

It helps us build our customer list and then helps us communicate with our customers. We can segment our customers and deign appropriate communications for them.

Pros

We love the ease of use and comprehensive options for campaigns and work flows. It is easy to set up and then the analytics let us track the effectiveness of our campaigns and flows.

Cons

While the email support is good, it would be good to be able to speak to a support person when necessary.

Gab B.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great Market Research

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Pros

Great tool to get a better understanding of your market and how to increase traffic.

Cons

May not be for all sizes of companies. I would learn more about what your goals are before purchasing the service.

LOVE!

Reviewed on 2019/08/31

Pros

This is BY FAR my favorite email software available.

Cons

It is pricier than some comparable options, but the features make it worth the money.