Grenadine Event Planner

Cloud-based event planning, registration & publishing

Penny H.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Good start but needs improvements

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

It was ok, but there were a lot of bugs. I don't think I would use your software again unless there were some major improvements done. I think you have something good here, but maybe wasn't right for our type of event which was very simple.

Pros

Canadian company
Initially it seemed to have what I needed. See notes below
Some items worked well

Cons

On the outside it seemed to be the best software when I was comparing companies, but once I got into building the site I had a lot of issues and many of my simple requests couldn't be answered or dealt with.
1. Cell phone numbers for our guests weren't saved and I had to ask individually to get that info.
2. Reports are a mess, for some questions you have to go to one report for other questions, you need to download another report. The whole point of reports is to save time. I spent alot of time having to copy and paste data. This was my biggest disappointment.
3. Why are cancelled tickets included in reports.
4. Your support departments emails - aren't a reply to my original email, which makes it difficult to understand if you send 2 or 3 emails. Would be great, if you had our original question in the reply, so we know what you are responding to.
5. We had to try several different ways to sell tickets - this was for an activity choice. There was no perfect solution and it created a problem when people went to register. We wanted only one choice and when something was selected, would "gray" out the other options. Instead people signed up for multiple by accident and then we had a mess to try and cancel and clean up. This single reason will result in not using your software again. This is a major problem area on your site.
6. Couldn't and was discouraged to upload maps.
7. Can't use the " # " sign in text, as it stops displaying everything after.

Erin U.

I have been using Grenadine for years, and have used nearly every feature they have available.

Reviewed on 2018/05/27

Pros

There is a small learning curve, but once you start poking around the system, you realize how easy it is to use. I also like the flexibility available when contacting participants. The items tab is also very intuitive on how it works, and the scheduling grid makes scheduling items a breeze with the drag and drop capability.

Cons

I would like more written instructions, especially for new features. However, their tech support system is very responsive and quick to answer questions.

Erin M.

Made my life much easier.

Reviewed on 2018/03/10

Pros

Excellent and responsive customer support. Love the programming grid, ADORED that I didn't have to cross check double bookings myself.

Cons

There are still some bugs that need to be worked out and some features I'd like to see added but they listen to users' suggestions so I'm confident if I suggest them I may see them soon.

Susan Y.

Robust platform at a great value

Reviewed on 2016/10/20

For our conference, we utilized Grenadine's publishing features and received very positive feedbacks from our attendees. The web schedule is clean with multiple layout options and the mobile app, easy to use. On the backend, the usability is sometimes a bit clunky (i.e. a lot of clicks to change a description) and lacking bulk import / editing capabilities for all fields. Otherwise, the tools are very robust and discoverable. The customer service is A++, quick responses and as a growing company, very adaptable to feature requests. We regret not finding out about Grenadine sooner, thus not using the planning & registration features - but definitely will for our next big event! This is a much cheaper alternative to other platforms like Cvent.

Melanie A.
  • Industry: Publishing

Ready for Your Next Event?

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

I'm thrilled I found this software. I can plan an event in just a short time and cover every aspect of it. It makes my event look professional and seamless. I really love using it. I have more events since I found Grenadine Event Planner.

Pros

It's an easy to use software. I can plan the event from beginning to end with this software. Everything is on this software so nothing gets over looked. From the venue to the tickets, it's all here. You will love it.

Cons

I haven't found any cons yet. Truly so easy to use and they've thought of everything. This is geared to the professional event planner however, it can be used by non professionals too.

James B.

An invaluable cloud based conference planning system

Reviewed on 2014/05/11

8000 attendees, 1,200 activities, 900 participants, 5 days - in London's excel are the figures behind the World Science Fiction Convention, with a geographically dispersed team of volunteers and participants from all five continents.

Grenadine is the cloud based conference planning system that provides the planning and delivery structure to our activities and manages the complexity that arises from the vast amount of information that goes into formulating our convention.

The simple and easy to use dashboard holds so much complexity and depth, that it is hard to fathom, until one sees into how much work the system does for the user at all levels.

Grenadine helps reduce time and effort, by collecting our data, using dedicated questionnaires, helps us interpret this data, allowing our whole planning team to have visibility and match participants to programme items. We can query the database, set filters for enquiries, pull out specific pieces of information and the system will provide a multitude of reports.

Grenadine also manages the data ;space, time, people, and equipment - highlighting and alerting one to conflicts in real time and providing the method to reassign a resource easily to prevent any issues.

The system also has the ability to Publish the Data for the attendees via various channels,
be it native iOS and Android apps that interface directly with the planning system and with our print publications, which receive an extract of the convention schedule in a format suitable for pre-press software.

Effecting changes, at all stages is very easy, the system lends itself too being user friendly, while the amount of resources it creates from the data quickly resolves issues that were incredibly frustrating.

Most importantly, it allows continuous viability of progress, and allows the team a simple way to be part of a complex process, and through the outputs, be a real benefit to all attendees of the convention.

Cristina M.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Easy to use, pro results

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

It's incredible how simple and intuitive it is to use the platform, even for those of us who are far from being IT experts. The end result is amazingly professional. It also helps that the tech team are always on call to sort out any problems fast and effectively.
This is the second year that we're using Grenadine for our festival, a free event open to all, organised by fans for fans. Even for ourselves who scarcely use the more advanced features it's hugely useful in practical terms and what's more helps us present a very professional face. It has impressed many participants who organise congresses and professional events.

Pros

The ability to produce an extremely professional-looking program and interface with quite low IT skills. Up to minute, real time program modifications for participants and audience are invaluable.

Cons

Nothing. All the features we have used have worked superbly.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Grenadine was an essential tool for scheduling and organizing the program for a large-scale...

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Pros

Grenadine gives a clear view on what is possible, both time- and people-wise and prevents from double-booking people/rooms.
The customer support was absolutely amazing!

Cons

The learning curve in the beginning was a bit steep, and the documentation could still be improved a bit.

Lucie M.
  • Industry: Research

Excellent support, great app

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

We organize a few events per year, among which, last year, one 800-people conference. The Grenadine people were always there to help and support, and even modify the app according to our suggestions and needs; they even managed to help us with our own administrative problems. From our point of view, it is THE scheduling app and team that everyone wants to work with. We could also have expected to pay a lot more for what we got. Wonderful experience. I would recommend Grenadine to anybody.

Pros

Its versatility; its capacity to handle quite large events, but also to make the smallest ones look great

Cons

It is not always as user friendly as it could

Maxine C.

User-friendly platform and great customer service!

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

Efficiencies in our office. Ability to save information in an accessible and easy to navigate manner. We've really enjoyed using Grenadine.

Pros

Intuitive system with many capabilities. It has created more efficiency in our day to day. Grenadine's customer service is fantastic. They offer fantastic solutions and they are always keen to help.

Cons

Due to multiple report types, it can be daunting when try to pull the correct information.

Renee S.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

unparalleled customer suport

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

It's more software than I need but if I ever expand my conference, I know that the functionality will be there for me

Pros

I love the speed and flexibility. I move the location of a session or change a name of a panelist and, in less than 1 minute, I've published it to a mobile app and to my website. I can email 100s of attendees or just two with highly customized and relevant information in an instant.

I also love the customer support. I had some needs for a specific report and they listened to me. In a couple of days I got it.

Laure P.
  • Industry: Sports
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Pros

You took into account most of our remarks to improve the software.

Cons

Some categories are not very well explained and we cannot filter on all the categories

Dan M.

Amazing, and getting better everyday

Reviewed on 2016/03/02

Grenadine is the perfect combination of event planner/management tool and front-facing website & app. The back-end interface reflects the ongoing relationship between the development team and their clients, based on their needs and requests, and the team continues to improve the app based on new needs. We have a very non-tech-savy convention planning team, and with only a little training, they were able to navigate successful through the interface and utilize it's many features. The participants in the convention also really appreciated the easy of use and overall cleanliness of the app and website. We look forward to using this system for years to come.

Stéphanie B.

Great product from a great team

Reviewed on 2016/11/10

Grenadine is an excellent product. Before this option came around, we used to create our own applications for our customers. It was a lot of work and time to achieve the result our customers expected of us.

With Grenadine, our clients are completely autonomous within a few minutes of using this platform and with more functions than they used to have before.

The team behind this product is very mindful to the needs of its customers and is very receptive to our requests. Even though it already offers a variety of features, this platform is constantly evolving to meet the diverse needs of its customers.

Ken A.

Absolutely Fantastic Event Planning App

Reviewed on 2016/10/24

We used this app for our User Group Conference to help organize our attendees and provide them with up-to-date information. We couldn't be happier with the end result. From start to finish, using this app has been very simple. I strongly reccommend this app for anyone looking for an effective and low cost mobile event planning solution.

Laure P.

An excellent App for Event

Reviewed on 2016/12/21

The app is very useful for all participants and for the planners. I much appreciate the continuous improvement of the functions and the help of the team.
We will use it again this year!

Frédéric L.

Reviewed on 2017/12/08

Lisa deutsch H.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Mostly a happy user

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

Pros

Easy to use. I can easily mark what events I want to see, and then just sort on those.
I can coordinate with friends. Always useful.
I had to help with set up for one event. It was easy to get in, see what was happening, add my events, and assign my people.

Cons

I've heard from friends that the iOS app has been having problems. An update has been sent to Apple, we have an event next week. Please update ASAP.

Erin W.
  • Industry: Online Media

Their Customer Support Makes Grenadine a MUST-have

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

As a long time event planner, I've used plenty of other softwares. However, Grenadine's Customer Support is what MAKES this program so great. I've asked for features, and they've been implemented. I have questions and they're quick to answer. There has never been a time I've wished for a feature that they didn't either explain how to use it, or then write it into the core program. I would suggest Grenadine to my other convention and planning teams without hesitation.

Pros

It's easy to input, scheduled, and coordinate talent - as well as alerting me to when guests are double booked or booked too closely together.

Cons

Certain features aren't used by our organization, so it would be nice to remove those modules, however it does leave it open for us to explore those features in the future.

Gabrielle S.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great user-friendly tool for non-profits

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Pros

Many elements can be translated. The features are user-friendly. The visual is nice. Having the conference website + the registration feature together is a plus for a small organizing team with less event planning experience.

Cons

Some features were not transladable.
Features sur as sponsors and speakers lack a bit of flexibility (e.g. categories of sponsorship should be an added option, categories of speakers should also be an extra option).

Response from Grenadine Technologies

Thank you Gabrielle for this great review with constructive feedback. We are progressively working on adding more translatable content. Well noted on the categorization, it's on our roadmap and is planned to be delivered during 2019.

Gareth K.

Excellent Software for Event Management

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

I found the use of the Grenadine software to be liberating. I run a reasonably small event, we only have three to four parallel streams over three days. Before we started using grenadine we would occasionally have people on multiple events at the same time, and others barely used at all.

The inbuilt reports on the software help us see when we are over and under using people. The inbuilt surveys also helped us ensure we didn't put people on items when they told us they were unavailable.

It also allows us to have our timetable on the Web, and as up to date as possible. make a small change to our timetable, and we could publish it instantly!

Peter O.
  • Industry: Publishing

Grenadine offers a great mobile app for attendees.

Reviewed on 2016/12/05

Most of my experience with Grenadine has been with configuring the mobile app. It not only displays the convention schedule in a searchable format, but makes it easy for organizers to add pages of other information such as a code of conduct or sponsor list.

Pros

Great mobile app for publishing info to attendees.

Cons

Schedule item tagging paradigm doesn't work and leads to tag proliferation.

Heather P.

Friendly interface at a great price

Reviewed on 2018/09/21

Customer service was excellent. They also have a lot of information on their website (although it could be more searchable) but emails and phone calls were instantly addressed. I would use this software again for future events.

Pros

The cost is lower than others on the market offering this level of functionality. I loved the sub-items to group activities/sessions occurring at the time and the ease of use to add sessions. The app interface is also very user friendly. They also offered easy links to embed the event on my website and include it in external emails.

Cons

Attendees only show up in the public list if they have taken the time to create a profile and approve it for public viewing - which meant that 3 of my 135 attendees showed up on the app. As far as I could tell there was not way to override this - so I created a pdf file and added it as a document.

Response from Grenadine Technologies

Thanks Heather a lot for this great review. Interesting point you bring here. Well noted. We will definitely take this into account in a future release.
Best regards,
Fred.

Jason W.

Great Product, Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2016/04/05

I just finished planning an academic convention in Baltimore, MD, using Grenadine Events. We had 865 Registered People, 885 people in the program, and 224 different items listed within the program (just to give you the size and scope of my convention).

PROS
1) My participants LOVED the website version of the convention. Even the convention hotel staff said it was one of the cleanest online website programs they had ever seen.
2) The participants also loved the AP version.
3) The amount of time this software saved me on finding conflicts was my personal favorite feature as the convention planner. I've heard horror stories related to finding all of the conflicts, but this software made dropping a panel into a time slot and instantaneously finding out if there were conflicts a cinch.
4) Overall, the learning curve for my needs was pretty fast.
5) The customer service at Grenadine is amazing. Any time I had a question, I had a response within 24 hours, which kept me making progress.

CONS
1) Registering on the website and creating an account was a bit tricky for some. To register as a specific user, you had to have the e-mail address that had been given to me by an associate planner. Unfortunately, many of the participants had no idea what e-mail address I was using, which caused some frustration on their part.
2) To make a participant "live" in system, the individual had to uploaded and indicated that he or she had "accepted" an invitation to the convention. With my association, by the point I'm programming everyone is accepted. I wish this had just been the default. This was just one other step that didn't seem too necessary.

Overall, I would recommend this software to anyone planning an academic convention. This product made my job a lot easier. Even the "cons" I have are minor ones that really didn't impact my ability to successfully use this software.

Response from Grenadine Technologies

Thanks for this review!
I'm happy to say that we've since addressed your con #2 (you can now assign anyone to a calendar item, and we now automatically mark them a speaker as soon as we notice the assignment, without having to "accept" them). We are always working to make identifying people an easier task, regardless of which email address they use, which is something that should gradually improve over time as we "catch" more and more ways to figure out who a person is, regardless of how they spell their name, if they use their middle initials or not, or which one of their email addresses they use.

Trina M.
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 2019/04/15

Very happy, would recommend for other clients

Pros

One stop shop
Customer service
Dashboard/at a glance

Cons

reporting was a bit challenging
customizing wasn't as user-friendly for a beginner
would like a simplified one-page registration form in place of a survey